Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 09:37 PM   #1651
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Got me lab work back today. Seems I'm dehydrated again, and my electrolytes are runnin' on the low side. Will work on that this week. The rest of my numbers that are elevated are directly due to my sloppy diet. If I'd just reign it in again with a plant based menu, I would be A-okay. I'm gonna have to ponder making that commitment to refocus in that direction, sooner rather than later.

*Gonna brag a little*...one of the student's parent folks gushed at us today, about being able to see very tangible results from his short time in Karate with us. She said the most immediate change was the level of respect Mr. Little Man is showing to his parents on the home front, and his genuine enthusiasm for his classes. She mentioned that they'd tried him in many different "sports programs" and nothing -took-...but he's just crazy about taking Karate. Total WIN!!
That felt Super, especially because this was the same kid that couldn't even look us in the eyes at first, or answer a question without giving an "I don't know" and shrug...even to something as basic as "How was your day today?"

Oh yes...ex-bossy did pay up, FINALLY!! I had to ride him, frequently, with email reminders. Shouldn't have to do that...but that's what it took to help him follow thru.

Yepp, I'm totally looking forward to the girly coming in tomorrow. We had a 15 yr. old gal come into class yesterday, and will again tomorrow as well. She's a good kid, and someone who I think will really reap the benefits. She's being bullied by another kid at school, also a girl, and is receiving no help by the school system.
The fave gal is due to come in tomorrow as well.

Good for you on going into TOPs this morning!! Were some of the old timers there, that you were familiar with from before?

Poor ML & G. Would this be a good time to remind G how Great it is that she made class the other day, even though she didn't wanna?! Maybe not. That's pretty amazing that you & A haven't came down with the bugs from those two!! I hope it passes on out from the homestead on the quick, and you two well babies stay well. What a drag that it's taken ML to the point of gurging!! Has he been pushing himself to the work-force everyday like this? Speaking of ML and the work-force...is he still keeping his eyes peeled for a new adventure??
*Oh yeah, and hats off for liquoring him up last night!! He probably enjoyed that a heck of a lot better than some of those sickingly sweet over the counter liquid Nyquil type medicines!!

That's craziness about the resident burning her kitchy up today!! Is that someone's way of getting a fresh paint job?!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2014, 09:27 PM   #1652
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YO!!

Zoom-aroom-zoom & stuff!! Errands, intro classes, reg. classes, and fielding questions from wanna-beez. Oh yeah, then off to the market before heading home.
The *whoa* of the day...is my fave gal student's Pop is coming on board with us, once he returns from a vaca with his wife; he's 74 years old.
One of the fellow's Rob used to work with is also looking to start in, as well as his youngin'. I think they'll be fun!!
The sign ups for the intro offer have been steady, and so far each of them have been excited to sign on for a full yr. agreement.

What's going down in Lotytown?!
Old 03-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #1653
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!! So Happy it's Saturday!!

The Hood has already bailed out this morning; headed off to his bible study w/the fellow's, and then poppin' over to our mechanics, where we have the Firebird. He's meeting with our mechanic and a guy interested in wondering about making the Firebird his own.

So...I'm struggling with wanting to just full on lounge today...and the *NEED* to chore out. I just don't have 1 wanna for putting any effort into this junk!! Annnnd at the same time, I know that if I don't whip meself into gear, I will lounge alright...but I'll feel sickened & sulky about it.
It's just stupid!!
To narrow down what needs to be done...would be to say that -everything- needs to be done. Stupid!!

We may consider making the Hunk's Cheesy chicky casserole today...with pastrami...in lieu of chicky. Also might make a big fat Cauli~Salad.

Confessional Breaky: Cup of steamed Spinach w/mayo...and part one of what will soon be two, of ice cream sandwich action. Yes, that's true. :

Whatcha up to?! How are the sickies??
Old 03-08-2014, 11:34 PM   #1654
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did a nice mixxy blend of many~many chores and took many small loungie sessions, including a good little nap.

Just saw that we're supposed to set the clocks forward, tonight. I forgot all about that. Oh and I recall that me Loter has a tough time adjusting to the time shifts...for a few days. Yeah, not a fan of messing around with the clock nonsense at all.

Someone may have remained in their Laura Ingles style night gown all day. Whatever...at least the production level was high around here.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #1655
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Whoa! I missed you!!!! So much going but no time right now! Shipping ML off tomorrow for a week so we are getting him all packed and readied

However.....a week of play
Old 03-09-2014, 09:12 PM   #1656
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A week without ML?! Is this some sorta work garb or is he off for a fun boy adventure?? That's a long time!! How y'all gonna make it without Mr. Man for so long?

So, I can't remember if I told ya that we terminated our satellite TV services. We hardly ever turn that bad boy on...and even less so these days. I really can't imagine ever choosing to have a TV service again. I'll plan to check out TV next, once I do time in a retirement home or prison or something.

Oh lets see, in other big news here @ the Hood's; we had a chance to listen to the Britty at church speak for a smidge. Rob's a fan for the very same reason...so we both hang on every word from the old chap.

I guess we've pretty much just lounged for the bulk of the day & napped, and hung out & read...and listened to various fave pastors on the radio. We did skip on over to the fitness club next door to the school, just a bit ago...and made our way thru all of the different pieces of equipment. That was fun!! And, extra great because we had the whole place to ourselves for our entire visit. Some of that equipment was tough for me to figure out if I was getting on there right or backwards or what?! Glad no one had to witness it!! I like the way that joint is set up, with some of their machinery, like the treadmills, facing out where you can watch traffic passing by. I totally thought of snapping a piccy to share...but didn't pack me phone. I'll see about getting one tomorrow eve., maybe after our classes.

The sales person that hooked us up with our little ad, that hit all the households a couple weeks back, sent us brownies today. I hadn't had a brownie in probably over a decade. I did today!!

I can't wait to hear how things are going in your neck of the woods!! I've missed my Loter, too. Are you guys starting to see a shift into Spring like weather yet?? We are, but just barely.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:09 PM   #1657
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Mondee!!

I woke up this morning with such a hankering for a fat plate of Taco Salad!! So, those goods made it onto *the list*. Will consider whether there's any energy or wanna for shopping it out at the end of the eve. After classes today we have two brothers coming in for their 1st introductory lessons. Could end up feeling pretty wasted by the end of it all. Not really physically wasted...so much as just fully spent on the social level. It feels like being *On*, at a host type level, for hours. Add to that, usually we run into peeps we know at the market as well...and you know how it is...no one can just wave and move along...there almost always has to be a little -How you doin'- exchange.
Whew...all that just to chat about the Taco Salad wantings!!

Another -want- is for Spring!! I am just a jones'in for BBQ weather!! The Hood Q'ed for us on Saturday...just cause he couldn't stand it any longer...and that was fab & tasty...but it was too chilly to hang out on the deck & enjoy time next to the grill.
Speaking of grilling...we're thinking about hosting a BBQ at the school, for the student's & their fams...once it's truly warm enough. There's an area to the side of the building we're in, where we'd block off about 4 parking spots & it butts up to a grassy area. Could be Great!!

Alright, enough rambling about chow...it must be 2nd breaky time!!

Ketchup soon!!
Old 03-10-2014, 05:31 PM   #1658
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I sure hope you get some taco salad today!!! Now what kind are you talking? Like the restaurant kind in a fried shell or pot luck kind with the dressing on it?

Oh gosh I know what you mean! Spring is in the air just a little tad today Lots of snow has melted though! Most days this week it will be in the 30s 40's but one day is in the teens again. Shoot even the teens feel better than what we were having!!! We got that new grill last year that we still haven't been able to even try! Can't wait! One for you>>> and one for me>>>

Oh yes you sure know your Loty facts!!! Me and daylight saving time.....do not mix!! However I am sure hoping with some more daylight in the eve that I will be able to find some energy to get some more things done! I have not had this lazy of a season ever!! Just sheer tireds all the time! I'm really not enjoying it! Soon enough though, the snow will be melted and the sun will be out and we will be outside again!
Thats probably a bit of the reason both of us have a hard time getting out chores done right now! Oh well that and work I really have not given much more thought to the cleaning ladies.

OMG! I laughed and laughed at the farty mc-farter boy! So so funny when its not happening to you! I would have been mortified if the girls did that too but whoa what a hoot!!!
Oh I would full on get the being *on* all day! Thats how I have to be at work too! Wears on ya sometimes! I was a little unpleasant today Good thing I only worked a half day! But boy business is sure picking up for you!!! I think a BBQ would be really a nice gesture for your students! They would probably really like it!

OK......going to ship this off BRB!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207
Old 03-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #1659
Blabbermouth!!!

You know I am not sure if you mentioned the tv before or not Big savings though especially if your not real into it! Do you have Netflix? Thats a pretty cheap way to have the Hunk watch movies! A and I are watching The Fox and the Hound right now off Netflix! TV and cell phones are just such a huge bill around here!! I can tell ya I won't be watching too much TV this week! I plan to be to bed early all week!

With ML being gone I am going to catch up on some Zzzzzzz's! He is at his yearly meeting in Vegas. His meetings are all day tue, wed, thurs and then he stays and plays with his friends a bit and will be home Sat. At least this year he flew out of Flint! Thats only an hour from here and not near as bad to get to as Detroit! Seeing as I chewed him up and down last year for making me go all the way down there he booked out of Flint I am taking this opportunity to really make up for lost sleep! And I am contemplating giving up my beloved diet coke ....again While he is gone and I wont be cranky with him Plus I don't plan on doing much around here so it might be a good time! And with still being sick I might as well get it all over with at once

Other things for this week. We are having the maint guy appreciation lunch on Wed so I have to plan that tonight.
Friday is a dinner for them with their family ....I have to plan that.
Sat is card night with the ball Moms
Hmmmm.....maybe I won't be catchin up on too much sleep!!!

Oh and big news just found out today. The old prop manager was arrested and her arraignment is on Wed! It is a felony charge of theft over 100,000. I would suspect a few years jail time. So sad, but deserved! Can't imagine jail ever but especially for an old lady! She is 62 I think
Old 03-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #1660
Blabbermouth!!!

Well my week cleared up considerably! The men at work do not want to do a dinner and card night so I don't have anything Friday anymore. And Sat cards is next week, however I have to cancel since the Kaka's baby will be here by then and we are going down there! So there ya have it!

Now since the change of plans we are doing a big lunch tomorrow and I am supposed to be cooking for it now but haven't gotten off my tush all night! I did go buy the stuff.....just haven't put it together

ok ok....I better go do it!
Old 03-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #1661
Blabbermouth!!!

Ooh gonna hit the hay at 8:30 tonight! Just stopped in to say Hi!

How goes it with the Hoods?

We did our lunch for the guys today and it was super! They seemed to enjoy it a bunch.

Other than that did a whole lotta nothing at work. Well not really nothing but wasn't a hectic day.

Did I tell you the old prop manager was arraigned today? Well anyway if I didn't I am now and if I did....well juts skip to the next section! She pleaded guilty and was given 14 days to decide whether she would like to pay restitution of 300,000 or prison time of 2-20 years. So in 2 weeks it should be super fun around there! I am sure we will have to field all sorts of questions about it! Residents and even new people will ask away!

Ok...I'm out! Night!
Old 03-12-2014, 11:48 PM   #1662
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The tireds are stacked up so high tonight.
I'm just gonna bid you a due.

Ketchup on the fresh, tomorrow!!
Old 03-13-2014, 11:15 AM   #1663
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BostonGirl
WOE: Medi
Start Date: February 2014
hi everyone, I'm new to the boards ! I joined it to find some common support and to offer it. My hubby is great in terms of support, but he's never been more than 5 pounds heavier, so he can't quite understand...

My goal is to get fitter, aside from the obvious reasons of getting healthier for my husband and kiddos, as I recently learned to ski and it was amazing! Ski boots fit quite snugly and I don't want to spend money on them until I know I'm at a healthy weight!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #1664
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi BG!! Well thats really all we are about so jump right in!

Are you still in Boston? Thats one of my bucket list destinations! DH and I want to go there!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:11 PM   #1665
Blabbermouth!!!

Soooo....spent the last 2.5 hours in the salon! G decided she did not want pink and blue hair any longer so I took her in, I can put the color in but dont have the proper supplies for taking it out and doing a corrective color. I am sooo good at putting the color in that after 2 full bleach treatments they still couldn't get it all out! Then ran a dark color through it but its still shows through. Oh well.....whatev! A and I got trims while we waited in between G's treatments.

Then ran to the grocery store. I had made the guys a big ham dinner and wanted some things to make soup with the hambone tomorrow for lunches. Found a really yummy looking spicy ham and bean soup recipe so will try it out!

Other than that....not too much went on today. Whats up with you all?

Oh wait.....day 4 and only 1 diet coke I'm almost off the coke completely (again)
Old 03-13-2014, 09:33 PM   #1666
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi BG!! Glad you found us over here!! Yepp, we all have the same agendas here...to get & keep fit/healthy. We're working on it!!

So Lote, whoa on the prop manager sitch!! Wowzeroo!! I figured that the tide of consequences would surely rush in on her at some point...but now that it's a current reality......it feels kind of shocking!!

So happy you were able to clear your schedule of some of your hosting to-dooz!! Of course the Fellow's enjoyed their lunch!! I bet they wish that could play out that way everyday!!

I am also excited about the KaKa's kiddy comin' into the world!! How exciting, for the whole fam...plus me!!

BRB...me pants are too tight to be sitting here like this!! Gotta change, then I'll be back thru!!
Old 03-13-2014, 10:00 PM   #1667
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a job/process to try to get those colors outta G's hair!! Clearly a job well done, getting it in there, in the first place. Did that bleach process dry her hair out terribly?
You probably already know this...blonde hair naturally really grabs onto color product. If you didn't before...you do now!!
Yay for you & little A gettin' trims.
I'm deff planning on going to a *real* stylist this next go around. As much as I just can't stand the whole process of it all...I can't let the Hood have another go at me locks. I did really learn something from this straight across cut though; it's important to go for a U style cut in the back, if you're an everyday pony tail wearer like I am, and NOT a straight across cut. Wouldn't have ever of thought about it. I may share with you in piccy's tomorrow, after I put me hair up & get a shot of the problem ish, that is my daily challenge.

Well give yourself a real pat on the back for reducing your coke use!! Would it help to supplement with seltzer water? I used to really digg Lime Seltzer water. I never got into the sweetened seltzers...not even the sugar free sweet kinds. I took mine straight.
Have you upped your H20 intake?

I would very much like to sign up for your Ham & beans soupage dish!! This reminds me, I've never had such a dish like you mentioned...only Split Pea & Ham. If it turns out too good, I may need more deets!!

I'll ship another in a sec. Scared of emo overload.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:28 PM   #1668
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's been a long couple days. A blurr really.

A fellow from our old town on the Coast was killed today, by the gate from a city dump truck hitting him. He was a city street department worker, working at a Park site when this happened. So sad for his family. He'd worked in that position for 20 years, and the whole town knew of him. Kids would wave & holler Hi to him & he'd wave back & smile. Just a real nice fellow.

Got our belts picked up yesterday. They turned out pretty well. Because they're thick and new...they are super stiff and anything but comfy. These are not something you put into the wash. They get more comfy by wearing them & they loosen up eventually. Problem is...Miss Chunkisim hates being uncomfy, and instead of just powering thru & wearing it...it hangs on a coat rack instead.

I think I *mind powered* the Hunk into a couple tasks today, that I wanted done...but really didn't want to do. So...I secretly willed him to make the coffee this morning, clean the kitch, vac the floors and last of all...make us a tuna mix for chow tonight. That's like the most winning streak that I've ever had!!

We've been invited to judge a couple tournaments coming up soon. One is in a month & a half and would require us to drive 3ish hours from here, and the other is just in the big town over, and will take place in June. I think we're looking to make both of those. The one farthest out, distance wise , would likely have us running into a bunch of old cronies from the Coast, as well as folks we've competed against in other tournaments. So it would be fun...but I'll have to get passed my distaste of traveling between now & then.

Oh yeah, and as for the Taco Salad. I would never turn one down, such as you'd mentioned, from a restaurant...with the shell action. However, I was mostly thinking in terms of old school style, at the homestead, using 1000 island...and maybe Doritos or something yum, and fully loaded. Hoping to shop that out, after class tomorrow eve, and then put it together on Saturday.

2 Vanity things I'd like to wake up to having experienced during the night: An instant Mrs. George Jetson nail polish change and a lack of 15 lb's...so me uniform pants aren't trying to squeeze the very life outta me everyday.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:29 PM   #1669
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, and the Britty from Church...his name is Calvin.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #1670
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Eenie meanie miney mo...What am I gonna focus on today?? There's a couple 3 recipes I'm pondering for the weekend...and a big festival goin' on downtown in one of the big parks...St. Patty Day themed. Not to mention the chores that abound and wait.
The sunshine is out and I think I heard we might see something like 66* today.
So...now that the voting process is over...I think it should be play-cheffy-chore...in that order. Thanx for you help!!

Who's doing what around here today?!
Old 03-15-2014, 09:41 AM   #1671
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh how horrid! What a terrible thing to happen to that man! I sure do hope that no little kids saw

Oh Calvin is a perfect britty name!! How did it take you son long to find him?????

So the soup.....outstanding! Here is the link. I made a huge double batch adn they ate it almost all! Cajun Delights: Slow Cooker Ham and White Bean Soup

How are you feeling about jumping back in the judging circuit? Nice to be asked! It gives me nightmares of always being scorekeeper at basketball so not something I would enjoy might be great for business!

Oh boy do I wish you could mind power my house! Can you think about sending a crew over to go through top to bottom please?? Thanks!! We sure did enjoy our time this week of not doing a thing but......oh yikes! We have our work cut out today!
Old 03-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #1672
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Change O' plans!! Got ready for the day, while Hunkie was @ his men's bible study/breakie, and slipped right into choring.
Then onto chicky soupage making. Turned out Super.
I'm really diggin' the idea of your Cajun ham/bean soup!! It looks so hearty!! I've got it tucked away in me recipe file.
I like the idea of making a double batch of it, right off the bat!! Had you been planning to attempt to freeze some, if there was a good deal left over?
I've always wanted to make enough of the soups/chowders that it would allow for freezer left overs...but I think we get too lazy to come up with a new dish...and just work on the vats of easy grabs. Whatever, that works too!!

So the other items waiting to be prepared: the highly coveted and longed for -- Taco Salad ...and some BBQ chicken, either in the ovv, or on the Q'er.

It's still an option and a distant thought about going to the festival. However, more near & dear to me heart is considering a little nappy.

I don't know how Calvin was able to get passed me all this time. This is his 1st go around at the men's bible study...so maybe he's fairly new to the church. Really, I only know him through the brief little hello's we've shared in passing, while with Rob, coming & going. There's actually very few peeps whose names I know from there, even after attending for maybe 2 ish years. Some of us are very inclined to remain highly unsocial, when given the chance.

Oh yeah, as for judging...I only allow meself to get wrangled into judging the fights. It's all I'm interested in.

I am gonna skip off to napville!! I'll see if I can mind power you some help on your tasks for the afternoon!!

When does ML come home??
Old 03-15-2014, 04:55 PM   #1673
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhhh...all napped up. And then this goes down & has me so torked off, I feel like snapping!!

A women is going door to door in our neighborhood, wearing high black boots, a short black skirt, tan skin tight top and a hat, offering to be a "free maid".
She looks to be somewhere in her 40's.

Fishy~Fishy.

So, the Hunk & I both contacted the Po-Po to report her. He thinks she's casing joints, I think he's right, and that she's also setting herself up for some prostitute action. There ya have it...if we aren't given the story 1st hand...we'll make one up ourselves.
Anyway, her schemeyniss has irritated me!!
Old 03-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #1674
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh What the heck?!?!?!?! Did you see the po po come and talk to her? How nutso!!!

What I wouldn't have given for a nap today! Today I cleaned, got groceries, got both cars washed, worked on breaking up some ice off the driveway, oh and went visiting a guy today. MCT very nicely volunteered mo to help train a dog for one of my Grandma's nephews He is a retired Catholic Priest and has moved back into his family home where he grew up. His Mom is in a home. Anyway he decided to get a puppy and is having a hard time training it and she volunteered me to go and help! Anyway....he has only had the dog 1 week its only 13 weeks old.....well no kidding you can't train it! Its a baby!!! Anyway I went over and will go again on Sat to see if he was able to get it to sit. Jeesh thanks a lot MCT!

Still have lots to do around here but I am taking a break and watching part of a movie with the kids....so?
Old 03-15-2014, 07:13 PM   #1675
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How irritating to be *volunteered*!! I tell ya, the CT's are very presumptuous folk!!
That was so kind of you to take the time & offer a hand to this fellow and his pup. I bet that felt reassuring to him, to have someone "in the know" in his corner for support.
Speaking of your Grandma...is this the same one with Boo? Is that the Grandma that raised your MCT?
My CT's Mom passed when I was probably less than 10 yr.'s old, and we all lived states away when she was alive, so I was never able to see if I could clearly link CT's crazyness to her.

It sounds like you've been one bizzy bee!! Clearly my *willing* powers have all but faded entirely. They haven't worked one bit over here either!! Oh no, quite the opposite. Hunkage has held the couch down ever since he returned home this morning, watching old flicks like -Die Hard-. Do you have any idea how loud a person can chew on every.single.bite of chow, when they have head phones on, and no concept of real time sound/noise level??? I DO!!

The kids & I layed outside on the back deck for a bit...just soakin' up the sun, reading a mag, and playin' ball/catch for Kiki.

I made some BBQ chicky in the oven, as someone wasn't feeling motivated to burn it on the grill. Whatever sauce I used on the chicky was lame & pointless. After slathering the bbq sauce crud on & flipping it...slathering it some more...it was still as plain as plain chicky. Lose!!

I've gotta give some wonder to a mani.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #1676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwwe, just got your little Spring wreath piccy!! WOW!! That looks like total Martha Stewart action, if I ever did see!! It's Bee~u~t~full, and so cheery!! I just love it!! I bet it brings happy~happy~joy~joy to all your neighbors and passerby's.
And then there's the ice chunks!! Holy cow, man!! Those are serious CHUNKS!! How awful is that?! I've never seen such large pieces like that!! It seems like it could be so dangerous, trying to get around on it.
There was a gal in church who is from your state, out visiting her sister over here this week. She said there was a ton of snow dropped at her homestead yesterday, and she was so glad for the break from it.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:04 PM   #1677
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So we churched it up this am, then came back & grabbed the kids for a field trip!! We took them up to a place called "Smith Rock", a state park with big jaggedy rocks and lots of trails & such. It's about 5 miles from the North side of our town...or roughly 15 minutes from our digs. The weather was great...just under 70*!! Shorts & T-shirt weather. We explored several diff areas of the park, and then the Hunk made the exec decision that we should invest in an annual pass...which ended up turning into a 2 yr. pass by the time he put his wallet back. He seems to think we should be frequent flyers there, and at the other state parks it allows us into. Ha!! Okay...but of course that's gonna mean leaving the couch behind. We'll see. We have a date to return to the park on Saturday, for a big date hike.
The piccy below shows the "Crooked River" that runs thru the Smith Rock park.

Just awoke from naps, and considering making that Taco Salad goodness , and hittin' some chores.

What's goin' on over yonder??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Smith Rock.jpg (63.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-16-2014, 06:11 PM   #1678
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another piccy of Smith Rock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR.jpg (53.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #1679
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, yes there are other vantage points of this park. Clearly I like this view point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SRock.jpg (101.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #1680
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Taco Salad report: So much less than epic. I accidentally grabbed the Chicken Taco Seasoning, from the market...rather than the traditional Taco Seasoning, meant for beefy. So it was... dull.
All this anticipation...and then...meh. Lose!!

So I'm off to tornado thru me messy kitch.

Wait, I hadn't mentioned...over the course of the past two days...having extra access to the fridge...-someone- has gained 3.5 lb.'s.
SO WHAT!!
Closed Thread