Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #1591
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Bet your still busy putting flooring down! Hope your wearing knee pads How exciting that its really all coming together!! Can you just even believe it?

Hey that reminds me....hows the ananconda these days?

Just made just over 100 rice krispies for ML to share with his Valentines at work I ate one but other than that was good today on diet

Crazy day today! Lots of silly drama at work! I'm pooped!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #1592
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
Start Date: 9/20/2001
OoOooooOooh, the eve before the Loty's big romantic eve!! Such a Fun time for you two!! What are the Little's plans for their parent-free time?

What a terrific June ML has in you...to make him & his crew rice crispies!! How on earth did you have just one?! Holy Canoli Man, that's just all kinds of will power right there!! Not relateable!!

The anaconda's previous digs are doing excellent...except for when I attempt to do wimpy style push-ups off me knees.

So the floor is down...and yada-yada...we're ready to rock-n-roll. Our 1st student is scheduled to come in on Tuesday, for the 1st of his two private lessons.
Our window signs were put up today. Only ish was that on one side of the building, the fellow apparently didn't use his listening skills well enough, to hear where we wanted them placed, and didn't do it right. Well, I came up with a compromise that allowed him to create us another sign, in order to put it where we'd originally requested....and for balance sakes...we ordered one additional signage. So everybody comes away feeling like winners and it'll make that side of our building pop even more than we'd planned.
I'll see if I can grab some piccys off the Hunks camera to throw on here. Be right back!!

Friday, Dec. 5th , 2014 = 182.5

Friday, Dec. 12th , 2014 =
Old 02-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #1593
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well here's part of the floor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-02-13 17.45.10.jpg (25.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 02-13-2014, 08:36 PM   #1594
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So apparently we were only focused on that one side of the room...

Then there's the front door area....

And the problem area...where you can see that on the left side (East) of the building there are two signs right next to each other. We'd specifically requested the signs be on either side of the center red brick on that wall. So now...we will just add two more signages to that whole side...to balance it all out. The right side of the piccy is the back of the building (North side).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg half shot of interior.jpg (31.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Front of school.jpg (44.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg North East of school.jpg (39.0 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 02-13-2014 at 08:43 PM..
Old 02-15-2014, 08:33 AM   #1595
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!!

How was your Valentines day/eve yesterday?! Was it all kinds of Fun?!

We spent the day running school related errands & dropping into a couple -new to us- coffee joints to refuel. Also gave the new flooring some much needed cleaning attention. During their making process there's a chemical used that remains on the surface of the mats. If it's not removed by a full on cleaning, then feet have to absorb it. That can't be good!!

We finished the eve off with a *few* LC ice creams. Yeah, I said a few. That usually ends up looking like 3 or so...each. Last night it may have have been 3 or 4. Probably why the scales are resisting staying in the 170's and instead are holding firmer at 180. I've gotta reign that in!!

I think I'm gonna make a big fat vat of soupy today, and chore. We kept up on most all necessary choring throughout the week, with the exception of the floors; which really need attention on the daily...but only got to know about it maybe twice this week. It's just a struggle to create balance right now.

What are your plans for the day/weekend?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Close shot of signage.jpg (37.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #1596
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my GOSH!!!!! It looks just amazing and such a nice building too!!! Wow just wow!!!! I am just so impressed with you guys!!! The signs are perfect and you look so cute on there with your ponytail flapping out! I just love it all!!!

How has the response been to the flyers? Do you guys know when your schools spring break is? Should be coming up soon, maybe you could do a spring break boot camp kind of thing and offer daily drop ins for a set amount of time. Ask the schools to send out a note for you. I now I am always looking for spring break fun for the kids. Our schools just email out newsletters but if yours don't I am sure you could get a flyer made up in a jiffy and distribute it. Just a thought for more business.

Also big brothers big sisters, you could offer a package of some sort to them. Or the boy and girl scouts, maybe they could earn some sort of badge and do a couple of classes, they may just like it and join up on their own!

Ok....I will stop with the unsolicited advice.... I;m getting overly excited for you guys!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207
Old 02-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #1597
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh the concert Was just amazing! I was really emotional and was feeling stupid about it and then looked over to ML and he had tears too so I was ok.

Only bummer....he didn't sing our song I was so looking forward to it and the thought never occurred to me that he wouldn't! Its such a big one, I am still in shock

But just a wonderful time! Didn't get home till 2 am Today is just cleaning like mad and then cards with the ladies from the old basketball team tonight.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:23 PM   #1598
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhhh, the Loty's are still so in Love!! And a couple cry babies, too!!
I'm so Glad you two had such a Great time!! What a drag on Mr. DS not playing your song!! That really blows!! I wonder what the deal was with that?
A 2am check-in back at the homestead?! Wowzer!! Did you get to sleep in?

So today went just as planned!! That so rarely ever happens!! I'm just so stoked to have hit all the tasks I'd wanted to get to!! Got that big vat of soupy soupage made ...and about 4-5 lb.'s of carnitas...using a recipe many of the gals over on the playground have been raving about. Actually I'm just wrapping the making of that one up. I'll letcha know if it's worth talking about.

As for the flyer action...I'll have to snap you a shot of the finished product, once it's published. It's due to circulate this coming Friday. This week we're working on busting out the 1st initial visits of about a handful of new wanna-be students.
I really like your ideas of capturing up potentials from the boy/girl scouts & big brother/sister programs!! Excellent ideas!! And, let it be known...me Loter's opinions & advice are always wanted. The boot campage sounds like something to ponder as well!! Great one!!

Must start some caffe & finish off this carnitas goodness. Chat soon!!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #1599
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh boy...this Chipotle Carnitas action was outta sight!!

Spicy Carnitas

Take a 4-5lb pork roast. Rub it down with salt and chipotle paste. Put it in a baking dish, top with a cup of salsa and a diced white onion. Seal it with foil or a lid and bake at 375 for 4hrs. Pull it out, leave it covered and let it cool. This can all be done the day before.

Shred the pork by hand. Leave it in all the juice it cooked in. Put the pork, in the juice, under the broiler for 10-15 minutes. The top will get really crispy. Stir it all up and put it back under the broiler. Repeat this process 3-5 times. All the liquid will cook out leaving behind crispy and moist pork that is amazing.

This goodness would be Great for tacos, burritos, enchiladas and nachos!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-02-15 18.57.51.jpg (37.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-16-2014, 05:48 PM   #1600
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh wow thats sound A-Maze-ing!!! I need to go get chipotle paste pronto!

Well I was out super late again last night Turning into a little hussy huh? Had fun playing cards though! Needless to say slept in this morning Then chored and touched up paint downstairs. Which really ticked me off, I how have to repaint the whole room! The spots I touched are a different color! The paint must have not been mixed well

Now just veggin......what went down at your place today??
Old 02-16-2014, 07:06 PM   #1601
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah...that Chipotle goodness was the bomb~diggity!! Lemme' throw out a couple little tid-bits you may or may not wanna consider...when goin' for the gusto with this bad boy.

Some of us had no real clue what to do when reading about Chipotle paste, or what "in adobe" could have been referring to. You're probably more *in the know* about this sorta thing...so you may not need any enlightening. I'd sent the Hunk to the store to pick up all needed items, and had told him that if he couldn't easily locate the "Chipotle paste"...then I'd read we could substitute with canned chipotles in adoba; which I would just puree and throw some seasonings into. Well that's what ended up going down. I found a basic little recipe for the puree, and had -most- of the ingredients to throw together. We used a 7 oz can of Chipotles.
We bathed two 2lb pork roasts with the Chipotle mix. This turned out sooooooo spicy!! We really like it like that...but ya really gotta be prepared to be Macho to handle the heat. Here ye~Here ye for any of those with Little's; I just can't imagine they'd be too impressed with that level of Spice.

I thought there was something else to share about this...but am blanking on it right now. We may have to re-visit this again later. Senile!!

Total Hussy; stayin' out till all hours of the morn!! Awesome that you got to sleep in!!

What a full on drag about having to fully repaint!! Oh just not a fan of that at all!! I will share with you...so as to make you feel better...I have yet to tackle the smallish, very easy paint job that I bought paint for...probably a month or more ago. Lose!!

Not alotta went down around these parts today. We churched, lunched at home (carnitas burritos), napped, endured CT; for the purpose of gearing the kids up for a walk with her...annnd that's about a wrap. Throwin' back some java's now and then will tackle some tasks.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #1602
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ace snuggling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-02-16 18.23.58.jpg (35.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-16-2014, 10:35 PM   #1603
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhh yes...I recall now the additional wisdom I'd wanted to impart...where the scrumptious carnitas goodness is concerned. That broiling and rinse/repeat broiling just straight up fried the heck outta my glass 13 X 9!! Fried fully Black!! After the 1st round of that blackening nonsense, I lowered the dish to a much lower rack. I can't say for certain how much more blackening it received on the subsequent runs through.
I *should* have at least wrapped the dish with foil. I knew that back at the beginning of the prep process...and then...I forgot I wanted to do that.
I've soaked, scrubbed & repeated both several times since. It still will require more attention.

There ya go!!
Old 02-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #1604
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh very good tip!! I still have a bunch of throw away tin pans from out cook-a-thon so I could use one of them and toss!

Oh that Ace! Do they get all covered up on their own or do you wrop them up? That other pic was so darling with them snuggled!!

We are in the throws of a snow storm Just what we need...more snow!

Well work is going to be nuts this week. The silent partner to the man who owns us is coming on Wed. He has never ever been. Only once 5 years ago when they went through with realtors and made the initial look. Anyway he wants to see where all his money is going. We have been remodeling and they are not going over well. And they are expensive to do . So every one is on edge and freaking! yay!

Hey is tomorrow the big day????? First student!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:50 PM   #1605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhh, yes...throw away pans for this carnitas goodie is an excellent idea!! That'll save ya all kinds of grief!!

The kids try to shuffle their blankets around a bit...but they really require full assistance to get anywhere with it. They really do enjoy being all wrapped up...especially at night time. Their Pa is usually the one to tuck them in at night...and then he makes another round if he gets up in the middle of the night.
What about your little Kipper's? Are they little snuggle bugs?

Oh yeah, so the heat is on tomorrow, huh? With the now not so silent partner!! Is everybody just straight frazzled over this? Is he touring all of the joints or just the one you're in? Maybe he'll get a chance to have an encounter with Mz. Sunshine over at the other prop?
I can't wait to hear how this plays out!!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:02 PM   #1606
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So today went well. The kids parents are just so excited to have their boy in Karate. The boy, a nine year old, is super timid. Like Super. His answer for many things is a quiet "I don't know", or a an I don't know shrug. Like ---> Have you ever taken Karate before?! Answer --->
We'll see what happens. He's scheduled for his 2nd private lesson on Thursday.

What's new in Lotyville?!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #1607
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, I meant to ask!! How are you guys fairing with all that snow?! Are you guys just driving around as usual??
Old 02-19-2014, 05:11 PM   #1608
Blabbermouth!!!

yup just driving around as usual!! Well I almost didn't make it all the way down my street that morning but the rest of the roads were clear. Now today we were like 38 degrees water water everywhere!!! I think we had 8 people with water pouring in their apartments today!!! Then tomorrow its supposed to be freezing rain...yippee!!!

Well there is one thing worse than a shy kid....a hyper one! Take the shy one to break yourselves back into the game with!!! Thats probably why his parents wanted him in it, confidence and interaction with people. You guys will turn that little man right around in a jiffy and have him speaking and interacting like a champ!
Old 02-19-2014, 05:23 PM   #1609
Blabbermouth!!!

I am straight up tired tonight! ML is working so I took the kids out to dinner cause I just couldn't muster the energy to pull it together tonight! Although I have to say having those meals premade is Awe~some! Only small problem is they are all pretty carb loaded so not the best option if one is trying to lose weight but....eh. Its dinner and its done!

Gonna talk to the boss lady tomorrow and see what she thinks about me going to TOPS again. It would mean I would be an hour late every Wed but not like I don't make it up throughout the week. I just don't feel like she should have a problem with it. I think thats my best bet. Public humiliation works wonders!

Not sure if I will just go on to bed or watch a movie. Hmm....well its early still so probably a movie. Kids are both doing homework so I am sort of all to myself anyway. Think I will watch The Help.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:26 PM   #1610
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh ....forgot this. The silent partner.....no big deal. The boss lady and the big boss lady were both totally blowing things out of proportion!!!! When the owner got there this am he was just like oh you guys didn't have to do all that! I just wanted to bring him in to have another set of eyes on these remodeled units to see if he had any ideas for doing it cheaper. OMG they have had all of us in a twit over nothing!!!! Should have figured!!
Old 02-19-2014, 10:03 PM   #1611
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gollllly Geemaneez!! I'm Cold!! We had a bit of snow here too...but nothing like your most recent sha-bang!! So funny that you guys were mostly unfazed to be driving in all that. Some of us would have totally thought our lives were nearly at stake and that we were *fully snowed in*.
Tssshhh, what show off's!!

I'm sooooo Glad that having the visit from the silent heavy weight partner turned out to be nothing at all!! What a full on relief for everybody!! Funny how some fear factor (by the boss ladies), about how things could turn out to be, can really snowball!!

I think all the stars should align for you to be able to return to your TOPs visits. You're not asking for much, and this is one of those crucial health related issues that you should rightly be able to tend to. Would you be extending the in-vite to MIL as well?

Sounds like a drippy mess at the complex!! What a drag!! And freezing rain tomorrow?! Bleck!! Not a fan of those kind of extremes!!

So we had our 2nd student in tonight, for his first private lesson. He's a super boy, who is so excited to be taking Karate!! He's a smart guy, 10yr.'s old, was born with a club foot, and has had many-many surgeries on it. You'd never know it though. He's already encountered lots of bullying (for his smarts and having been boosted up a grade level), and is looking forward to gaining self confidence & learning some tools; in order to protect himself, should he need to.
Tomorrow both this little guy, and the shy guy will come in for their 2nd private lesson's. Then they'll be free to start in on regular classes!! Yay!!

Our graphic's signage fellow was by today and put the last of the vinyl signages on the windows. I'm much more pleased, now that it looks balanced. I'll see about snapping some piccy's of them tomorrow.

We had a call from a gal this afternoon who says she'd like to begin classes after she heals from a mastectomy surgery. Ouch!! I can't imagine I'd even kinda be thinking about this sort of stuff, if I'd just had surgery!! She's clearly macho-ee-er than I!!

Yepp, so an early bedtime sounds good to me!! I'm freezing and don't wanna crank the heat up right before bed. Have I mentioned that I put an electric blanket on just me side of the bed. That's nice!!

Alright...see ya tomorrow!!
Old 02-20-2014, 07:56 PM   #1612
Blabbermouth!!!

Good grief....long day! I'm just getting home!

after work came home and picked up A there was a roller skating thing for school tonight. I got caught up on the Mommy gossip while she skated Then dropped A off and ran to wally world. The boss ladies birthday is tomorrow so thought I better pick her up a little something. One of the guys and I are going to make fajitas for lunch too so had to pick up a few things for that as well. She really liked me apron and had mentioned that she would like one. So I got her one from the store....nowhere near as nice as ours though! Shhhh....it will be our secret! Put the things away, and just checking in with you and then I am headed off to bed!! Rough night sleeping last night! ML got home at like midnight and had to be up at 3:30 Of coarse he was super worried about not waking up so he never really slept just tossed and turned and got up to use the little boys room a hundred times So.....Ol Lote didn't sleep much either!!!!

Oh my goodness! Isnt it funny how some people run hot and some run cold! ML has an electric blanket on his side too, I have a full on nervous breakdown if its on me! But he is cold all the time and I am hot all the time so we cuddle and his icicle limbs cool me and I warm him so its all good.....well till that dang blanket gets on me! I've been hot since I was a kid, my Dads whole side runs hot. Funny A is too and G is cold. In fact when A was first born and was still only 2 lbs and in the little incubater thing they had to turn the heat down and they were all confused. She should be cold and not able to regulate her temp.....but nope she was hot and keeping herself just fine! Thats my girl!

How was 2nd lessons tonight? Was the boy a little more receptive to you and speak up a bit? BTW....the signs look FAB! Love them! Good call on evening things out!

Alright...I gots to put meself to bed now!!! See ya tomorrow!
Old 02-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #1613
Blabbermouth!!!

TGIF!!!!

Actually had not a bad day at work. Made some good progress on the year end stuff. Still a ways to go but getting better!

The boss lady liked her apron and lunch was delicious! Made fajitas...super yum! The head of maintenance wanted to make them. So hes like I have most of the stuff at home. I said I would go pick up the rest, what do we need. Oh chicken, onion, pepper, tortilla, cheese, sour cream...... He only had a seasoning pack and 1 onion at home! Well seasoned onions don't magically turn into fajitas! So I got the stuff last night. So lunch is at noon. He says well I will be here about 11:45 to cook it. Do you think you can have everything chopped up for me? OMG men are so funny!

So to recap...*I* bought the food, I prepped the food, I started cooking it, I made the sides.....and he took the credit for making lunch! I even put the chicken in the pan for him and turned it on! All he literally did was stir it and ad the spices. Oh my gosh, I was just laughing inside! Men are such funny creatures!!! He was so proud of his creation!!

So A was sitting on the chair tonight and all of a sudden was in tears just sobbing. Said her arms were hurting so bad she couldn't take it. No injuries, no gym class, nothing. Said it was her whole arms but after more talking discovered it is only her shoulders and rotater cuff area. Not sure what to do.

Anyway enough of me! What went on today in your side of the world?? Oh one more thing about me....crazy scary weather right now!! Really really strong winds and rain/ice. Like the kind of wind that actually screeches

Last edited by lotus33; 02-21-2014 at 07:59 PM..
Old 02-21-2014, 09:37 PM   #1614
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are such a hoot!! To quote Lotyville..."Enough about you, let's talk about me!!"

I totally don't get the how or why of A's shoulder/rotator cuff? Has that area been an issue for her before?
I've never had that kinda pain, but CT and Hunky sure have...and to hear them tell it, it's awfully painful.

Here's Rob's take: He suggests some sort of anti-inflammatory? Naproxine maybe as it supposedly tends to be easier on the tummy, or Ibuprofen if she's got a good chow buffer in her gut. He mentioned possibly using a heating pad as well, if it helps.
According to his google search, *Tendinitis* comes from overuse, and Bursitis is a sitchy where the area can become inflamed and fluid filled. Ouch!!
He wondered if she'd maybe taken a fall, or if someone may have been yanking on her arms; like chicken winging her or something. Anything that could have had her using/stretching her arms in ways they're not used to.
There's his personal intake. Oh yeah...he said she should really rest those shoulders over the weekend; making sure not to use them to do much in the way of lifting or pulling...just rest!!

That's such a crack up about the wanna be cheffy taking full on credit for the job well done...by *someone* else!! What?! His role in that entire project was not much of a smidge more than serving the dishes up!! The fact that he was glowing with pride over it all... That is just hysterical and typical of a fellow!!
Mine has tendencies like that as well. He raves & gushes and re-mentions how Awesome, Great and Outstanding his culinary creations are to me...and not so subtly begs for continued praise over the dishes. Funny stuff!!

That's so yay that boss lady was so happy with her pretty little apron!! I surely won't share with her that ours are truly the cutest.

Yikerz on your weather!! Outrageous winds are my very least fave of weathering weathers. It's un-nerving, and makes me anxious. Oh, and not to mention how it likes to blast me hairdo around!! No...not a fan!! And gettin' mad just thinkin' about it!!
Old 02-21-2014, 10:11 PM   #1615
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Classes are going excellent!! Really fun energy, and lots of learning going down.
My fave boy came to his class directly from school today, about 2 hours early, and already suited up in his uniform. His Mom said that he is wearing his uniform every opportunity he has, and she's having to insist that he take it off at times. He's just really excited about the whole thing.

So whose bright idea was it to with-hold my Dateline show from me, for 3 weeks in a row?! Not happy about that!! However, there's another program that I've been pacified with; "Lock-up". It's a reality type program, documenting the prison experience.
Ahhh...little known fact; I studied Adult and Juvenile Corrections/Probations prior to pursuing the police dispatch program, back in California...many moons ago. I'd thought I wanted to work as a Corrections Officer. But you know how I am... I still totally dig that stuff...but not at all interested in having to put up with the garbage CO's have to tolerate, or the stress factor.

What's goin' down in LotyTown this weekend?
Old 02-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #1616
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning and Happy Saturday!!

Hunky left out for his men's bible study & breakie earlier this morning. He's planning to hit H-Depot for a replacement water filter for our fridge, on his way home. I'm looking forward to it; as the water taste like totally yuck right now, without it.
Do you guys find that you have to use filters on your water?

I'm not exactly sure what the days plans are...but I'm expecting I'll be staying busy with choring. So many odds & ends that I wanna tend to.
It's really brite & sunny out this morning...and it just makes me Jones for lounging on the back deck, soaking up the sunshine, and working the BBQ'er. Oh yeah, and the ice T!! I would include the fun & joy of the pool as well, if I weren't feeling a bit overwhelmed by the cleaning project I believe is in store for us, to ready it for use again. You may recall that we couldn't decide how to handle the pool sitch with Winter approaching...tear it down or just remove the pump & let it roll. Well we opted for option # 2, and now I'm wondering how we're gonna handle giving it a super cleansing, and easily getting rid of the yuck water it produces, in order to refill. I don't know. I think it's gonna be a big undertaking. One gal I was chatting with a couple weeks back, at the last job gig, about busted a gut when I told her we didn't store our pool, but rather just left up, cause it was so much of a pain to put it together. She thought that was just the most ridiculous nonsense she ever heard..."Of course you have to take it down before Winter. You have to!!" Oh yeah?! I don't know.

Whatever, anyway...I guess I'll rock out the stupid housework today.

Have you had a chance to give further consideration to the housekeeping gal?

How's little A's shoulders today? What are your guys's plans for the day?
Old 02-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #1617
Blabbermouth!!!

I thought you might get a kick outta *lets talk about me/you*

Well how many kids did you get signed up for this week?? How many classes a week are you doing? How many hours a week are you both putting into this venture?

Oh and yet another of one of your hidden talents!! A CO!!! Hey I haven't heard you mention surgeon or rocket scientist.....maybe make that your goal for the next career!! You crack me up! But how fun, you got to try so much in life!!!

Oh, thanks for looking up things for A and her arm troubles! She is still in pain today. I gave her some tylenol cause thats all I have on hand. I dont think tendonitis, she hasn't been too active since getting sick for those couple of weeks. She still has a lingering cough and when she becomes too active it gets going. But bursitis is a possibility. Will have to look into that some more. I just am totally confused by it!

Well its a beautiful blustery day again This wind is freaky!
Old 02-22-2014, 09:54 AM   #1618
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I am glad your not working with that gal anymore! She sounds RUDE! IDK my friend leaves hers up every year, just has to drain completely and there is always leaves and junk in it so she scoops that out and then takes simple green and a scrub brush and viola! Clean!

Are you telling me its that warm there??? We are up to the 20's this week. On that day where there was all the flooding at work it had got to like 38! I had to laugh cause nobody was wearing coats that day. So funny how when its on the up it feels so warm but 38 on the way down is chilly!

Well I am going to join you in choring! Argh...just dont want to! Not one bit!

OK! Lets go and then reconvene later!!
Old 02-22-2014, 11:54 AM   #1619
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh you smart alec!! Yeah, tried me hand at many-uh-jobs, indeed......but I do know better than to shoot for the stars...and those that you mentioned earlier, sound like they could involve math, and entirely too much critical thinking. So, No.

That's a mighty peculiar mystery where A's shoulder pain is concerned. It's just tough to wrap the mind around how they could both be acting up at the same time, and yet nothing she can recall to point a finger at a trigger. Odd. Did she say if there's any improvement today, over yesterdays pain? Poor Little.

Yeah, I think we're supposed to see something in the high 40's today!! No, it's not exactly warm enough for all those fun to-dooz mentioned earlier...it just looks like it...cause it's bright, and much of the snow has melted. It's deceptively inviting looking out there!!

I meant to tell ya; I have counted 4 houses in just two blocks, leading up to our homestead, that still have their wreaths hanging. And, I can assure you...these folks have not had anything near waist high snowage to contend with. So...continue on!! Plus you know that our white icicle lights are still being turned on every.single.night. There's no shame!!

Laundries are on going over here...kitchy is cleaned, and the list of to-dooz rolls on. I don't have the -wannas- for this either.

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 02-22-2014 at 11:56 AM..
Old 02-22-2014, 02:53 PM   #1620
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, I pulled down some marinated beefy goodness, for chows this eve. What I'd really like to have happen; Loter could just throw together some sorta delish goodie and I'll claim to have put the whole shi-bang together on me own. Yes!!

So we had just the 2 boys for classes this last week. They're each signing on with us for a year. Our "Smart Shopper" ad just hit households this afternoon. Before it had even reached *our* mailbox, we had a fellow call in and register his 9yr old for classes; to begin this coming week. It'll be fun to see how much action the ad generates, and will have everything to do with how much additional efforts & energy we will have to put into the upfront marketing. Obviously we would just be over the moon with the phone ringing off the hook from this current ad. We'll see!!
So as to how we're running things; Rob runs the classes, and I assist. My help where that is concerned is very minimal, with so few students right now. I think it's important that the students focus their attention on the Hunk, as their primary instructor, initially...and meanwhile, as time allows; I'm hanging back, making friends with their parents, and answering questions that come up as they take in the classes.
We're 5 days a week, M-F. Students can come in for unlimited classes each week, within their age group, and every age group is available all 5 days of the week.
This is how we ran things out on the Coast. The students & parents really enjoyed the access & flexibility that allowed them. Many-many-many have complained that other schools they've considered would only allow them access 2 days a week, and charged considerably more.

I was just starting in on me nappy, when the fellow called about classes. I reckon it's still early enough, I could try again. OoOOoh, especially if you'll be *helping out* in the kitchy later!! I could just come by, whirl my stir-er, and bow, while receiving the applause and endless compliments over me creations!!

Have you snuck in your nappy yet?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ClassSchedule.jpg (60.2 KB, 3 views)
Closed Thread