Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 07:28 PM   #1501
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Well we don't have as much snow as a little south of here but we got a bunch! ML had to go shovel out the back patio cause the snow is higher than the bottom of the door and I couldn't open it!! The kids have a snow day tomorrow! They have had the longest winter break ever and now a snow day! Lazy bums!

So......awesomeness is in store for the new work huh?? Did you officially get the job? I think this will be such a nicer fit! You can just work in your jammies if ya want bonus!!

So the hunky is done now? He stayed on much longer than anticipated! Hows the kickinit venture progressing???

What color paint did you buy??
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2014, 07:44 PM   #1502
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Wow, what an awful ordeal!! Do you really have access to surveillance footage some how, or was that a whopper of a fibby threat?!
I really liked your email. Very solid way to approach the DB, and fully allow him the opportunity to come forward, without requiring him to man up over his theivery. Point is...to get the phone back, and you did. Excellent work!!
Boy oh boy, what a loser!! It bugs me that he not only was such a low life in the first place, covered his actions with lies, and on top of it all caused so much strife in Lotyville. NOT happy about any of this for you guys!!

*No, I haven't been having any ish with gettin' on here, lately.

Hunk & I bonsaied off to the market, got home & made some salads for eats & watchin' AFHV now.

Busy stupid day in store for tomorrow. Workin' and trying to muddle through bizz calls regarding health insurance that was supposed to be in place on the 1st...but was/is not. Whatever!!
Old 01-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #1503
Blabbermouth!!!

Nope didn't fib, there are cameras in place. It doesnt show the locker room for obvious reasons but the door leading into it and the hall so I can see who goes in and out. It only records 3 days worth at a time though.

Just took this of the back table. Its sparkly!

We had big huge salads tonight too!! Too much junk food we were all feeling gross! Needing to start back in on normal eating and work slowly towards much better! I even boiled eggs for the salad....and they peeled!!!! Wish I had paid attention to what I did!
Old 01-07-2014, 07:42 PM   #1504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I barely believe me eyes!! You managed to rock some hard boileds...all the way thru to the peeling part!! Wonders never cease & stuff!! I know whatcha mean about not paying attention to what or how something was done...and whammo it worked out...but it may not ever be able to be re-created again!!

Total sparkly piccy!! How has it been out on the roads & such? Do you feel safe out driving??
GirlKickinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #1505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, no, Hunky is still at the store. Yes, their closing process has taken them longer than they anticipated. Tomorrow may be his last day...and a short one at that. All that's left to sell is about $50 worth of lemonade...and yet the corporate folk say to keep the lights on until every last product has sold. Well, that's a clue as to why they've gone bankrupt. A 5 yr. old could make a wiser decision with that info. than they can.

Yeppers, I did indeed land the rez taking position. I am drug testing for them tomorrow. I'll start their training on the 20th. That'll run from 4-6 weeks, in the next town over. Then I bring all their computer junk home & go to work from here.

Oh yeah, for the paint I have yet to use. It's the very same paint I chose for the master bath. Remember that yellowee shade? It's from HD...the Baer brand that Mr. & Mrs. Lotyville highly suggested.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #1506
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay!!! That job is much better!!! So this is how it works that you have done every job under the sun huh? What is this #4 in as many months?? Well I hope this one doesn't come with its own kind of crazy boss like the last few!!!

I am just feeling so sluggish still! Not sure whats up. Maybe just that it is flippin freezing out Did you see how cold it was around here yesterday? -9 with a wind chill of -30 something. And we weren't the coldest by far! It was like 12 today so much better. At least it didn't hurt your lungs to go outside!! The kids had school today too. Finally!

ML works late tonight so me thinks I won't even lift a finger and crawl into jammies and play on pinterest all night Been trying to find some good new recipes to use.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:06 PM   #1507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ha!! YES...this is exactly how it is that I've had a plethora of jobs in me wake!! It's just gotta be an incredibly good fit for me/us...or I must move on. This will make #3...since mid Sept. Clearly not afraid of change!!

Wowzer you guy's have really been experiencing the cold factor!! Is that typical for this time of year...or is this unusual??
Do you guy's park your cars in the garage, or are they outside overnight? We've found a cheapie (under $3 a gal) de-icer at Walmart that works beautifully at removing ice/snow from our cars windshield/window.

Yepp, laying low & jammy'ing up early is in order for extra tired Loty's. You've really been under the gun with all the extra hoopla that holidays create, and entertaining both at home & the workforce...and games, and party's. It's no surprise that the workhorse is a little extra tired!!

Gotta work on a mani; so as not to be runnin' around all haggard out tomorrow!!
Old 01-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #1508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I would like to file a complaint.

So up & at 'em today, as I had to meet with a client and fellow staffer; in order to introduce the two over lunch...blah-blah.

Meanwhile, Hunkie is cleaning the church. He gets a call from what is now his ex-bossman, asking if he can come over & have the Hunk swap out his regular tires for his snow tires. We have air tools that make this job a cinch, and way quicker than waiting at the tire store do it...especially this time of year.

I'm down like a clown...sounds like a great idea. Knowing the homestead is thrashed, I suggest to the Hunk that we give ourselves a smidge of time to do a quick spruce of the living room, just in case ex-bossman makes his way into the house for a visit before bailing.

Yeah, we're on the same page. I hit the floors with the vac, toss some nonsense that we don't have time to deal with in the other rooms; close those doors, he washes the dishes; sparkles the kitchy. Cool...we're as ready as we're gonna be.
So, CT makes her way over here for something or erother around the same time ex-bossy shows. All is well...we do the hello's out in the driveway, and CT & I come back inside to mess around on the computer; researching out her dentist fellow for any complaints he may have had against him (which as it turns out...are numerous!! ).
Then here comes the Hunk...leading the tour...ALL THROUGOUT THE HOUSE. Of course he decided this fellow HAD to see his trainroom. Well once he's taken things that far, well now we have to see the stamp room!! I quietly lost my mind over this.
Adding insult to injury...he's also touring our laundry area...where I'd just tossed a batch of stuff before this little hoorah was to go down.
I swear...I get that this is a little itty bitty nothing of a thing...but that's not how I roll, Man!! HORRIBLE!!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:26 AM   #1509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!! Happy Friday!!

I'm feelin' pretty Super this morning!! I've had a bit more free/down time over the passed few days, and it's allowed me to stay a -little- more focused on my chow intake & blood sugars. It just makes a world of difference!!
I even felt well enough to hop onto the recumbent bike for 20 minutes. Win!!

So Hunky is officially without a J.O.B. He is however been very productive with his time; both on the bizz venture and at the homefront. Lastnight he went thru and installed all kinds of neat crate shelving, in what has been used as his stamp room/office, but is now being transformed into my new little workhorse room. Lots of re-organizing is having to go down, in order to accommodate this new venture, with all the equipment that will become necessary.
Should we place any bets on how long I remain with this new gig? Do you think I'll complete the training? It all remains to be seen!!

We're looking to drop off the explorer today, and pick up a loaner vehicle from the mechanic fellow. We'll also be bringing the Firebird home, finally.
Also on the agenda is to look at a joint where the Hunk thinks he'd like to consider offering classes.

What's goin' down in Loty Town?!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:46 PM   #1510
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh the horror!!! ML would know not to do that to me!!! Oh my goodness!!! What a funny guy he is! Just proud to show off his play room! Well I know your idea of a mess and the rest of the worlds idea of a mess is not the same, so I am sure it was just fine!! Plus men hardly notice a thing

Oh so let the fun begin huh?? How do you think this is going to go? Will he remain busy enough to not get freaked out? I am thinking ML would be good for half a day and then be super annoying! I sure hope your transition is a smooth one!

Uh, that is not a bet I want to take!!! Your track record the last few months would lead me to believe that the training will not get done however.....you might enjoy the escape from the homestead as the Hunk is finding his new place in the world though..... so I just don't know how to guess on this
Old 01-10-2014, 07:15 PM   #1511
Blabbermouth!!!

I have just a thousand things to do this weekend. I am going to write a list out and just to the top pressing ones. Then I am *hoping* to be able to make up some freezer meals. This schedule and the lack of any energies is making me just not worth a pile of poo at night. I'm not getting a single thing done but hold down a couch Then I have to do it all on the weekend and its not working! So hoping to get back to spending a few hrs on the weekend to prep meal and then save me some time during the week. Well thats the plan anyway Oh I didn't tell you OOWH has been here a couple of days this week after being gone forever!! He probably will only be back for a couple of weeks. He has been interviewing for jobs. His wifey is putting a lot of pressure on him to get a J.O.B.!!! The kid has 100g in student loans! $1000 a month will kick start in a few months! that would just stress me right out!!! That is wayyyyyy toooooo much school debt!!! Awful! So anyway going to head on over to pinterest and research some freezer meals!
Old 01-11-2014, 06:52 AM   #1512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Buttercup!!

I've included an article I just read; "How successful people make the most of their weekends".
It's really stuff we already know. Sharing anyway.

It's been suggested by others (on this board), as it was in this article, to try to tackle one chore each day...so as to lesson the likely-hood of full on build up. Great idea...no doubt. Sometimes that's achievable. More often than not though, there's NO energy left for one more activity.
Not to mention...who just can get by with handling ONE item around their homestead, without it being a disaster come weekend time?? There's several musts, at all times...and even if they're completed...there's several more waiting in line!!

Read away, if ya can find the time!!
How Successful People Make the Most of Their Weekends - Yahoo Finance

I really like your idea of preparing meals to freeze; for easy re-heats.
I haven't been on pinterest for......maybe a couple months.
I reckon after my computer chose to re-start on it's own one day; the tab didn't just reappear, and I forgot to add it back. Too hectic of times around these parts!! Now that you've reminded me; I will add back that fun feature of life & see if what you've came up with for your freezer meals!!
Old 01-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #1513
Blabbermouth!!!

You know that article is genius! Makes a ton of sense! I feel like I still dont know how to manage my time Get it together Loty! Jeesh! Its been almost 6 month!

Have a ok plan for the meals. Not super but its a start. Tonight I made something that I am wondering why I never thought of before. I had one head of broccoli, I chopped it up and cooked it and it just didn't look like enough since it was the only side. I had a bag of that pre-cut broccoli slaw stuff so added that in. With some butter, garlic and soy sauce it was deliciouso! A few chopped nuts on top would have been super if I had them. Def a keeper and super easy!

I cleaned cleaned cleaned and did 4 load of laundry today. Other than that, not much. Sitting down now, ML is watching football so I am just going to play on here a bit

Last edited by lotus33; 01-11-2014 at 04:42 PM..
Old 01-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #1514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm sooooo over-full I could just gurge!! We made monsterous loaded cheffy salads, each...and then coffee's and more coffee's. I could seriously just burst a gut over here!!

Your Chin-knee dinner sounds Super Good!! Very creative of you, and nutritious too!! Wonder about adding some chicky to it as well? Yeah, that does sound Great!!

Oh yeah, I forgot to comment earlier, regarding the recent work related track record... Well I don't reckon it'll take me longer than a week or so to determine my length of stay with this new gig.

WOW, it just sounds like you were a full on power house cleaner today!! Well that makes one of us!! I think most all I did today was eat.
Does this mean you get to kick back tomorrow?! What are your plans for the rest of your weekend?!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #1515
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh poor you!!! Too much salad....who'd a thunk that! Salads are a funny thing though arent they? You start out making a normal size one and then they just grow and grow and grow! Ticks me off at a restaurant cause I fill up on rabbit food before getting to the good stuff!

Kick back??? Oh your just a hoot sometimes!!! I tell ya...you sure come up with some doozies!!! No I am in good shape actually on the majority of *normal* chores. Its all the special assignments that need some work! Tomorrow I want to go shop and get the stuff I need to do up these freezer meals. Oh and MIL needs to be dropped off the next town over. She is driving down with a friend to Florida for 3 weeks! I need it too!!!! I mean for her to go not me to go! I am ready for a break from her!!! I am slightly miffed that I have to take her though, I mean they are driving to Florida....whats another half hour out of her way to come pick MIL up from her house?? Have to have her there at 8 am ML was going to take her but I might as well, then I can get groceries.

Then the rest of the day tomorrow....shoot who knows!! What you all up to?
Old 01-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #1516
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh yup...I think adding chicken to that cooked slaw stuff would be a great addition for a full on meal! I tried my hand at making peanut butter chicken tonight and that was the side, but a nice grilled chicken chopped up in there would be great!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #1517
Blabbermouth!!!

FOUND A CHALLENGE I AM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT!!!!

Old 01-13-2014, 05:46 PM   #1518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm REALLY-REALLY excited for this challenge of yours too!! And I do really think I have what it takes, also!!
What a crack up!!
I tried to get a little practice on earlier...but forgot to unplug the phone factory we have going on over here...and it turned out that we were in high demand during what could/should have been nap time. Whatev...maybe we'll get better sleeps for it tonight, in spite of throwing back the java on the late.

How did your (needless) drop off of MIL go and your round up of goods for your freezer mealing?!
Yes, totally needless. That's exactly the sort of lameness CT would ask of us.
Speaking of which...she torqued me off with her normal psychoness this morning...and earned herself a break from me.
So you have 3 weeks free & clear from her?! That's Awesome!! Fully soak that action up!!

So what's the low down on the freezer meals? What did you make?!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 01-13-2014 at 05:47 PM..
Old 01-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #1519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Harrison Ford...
HF's 71 yr.'s old you know??
Likey~Likey.

In other disclosures...I might have gotten real fresh with <some> LC ice cream<s> already this evening...possibly evidenced by the rolling stench clouds following me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IndianaJ.jpg (5.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-13-2014, 06:17 PM   #1520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, forgot to share...I had Hunkie whack off about 5 or 6 inches of my hairdo earlier today. I asked for tooooo much to be taken off, and now I can't get all of it to anchor in me ponytail right. Not thrilled over this!! Not thrilled at all!!
Old 01-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #1521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning me Loter!!

I've discovered that there are areas of mishap throughout my new *do*. Yes there are strands that are longer than the rest...here & there, and the front sides are longer than the back. How much fun is that?! Especially when I can't pull it all up into a pony anymore!!
Ahhh, the price of being impulsive and impatient.

Running off to put this jacked up sitch together...and then to worky.

What's goin' down in Loty~Town?!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:57 PM   #1522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a fast week it's been!! So Glad we're racing towards the weekend!!

So...the highlights: Ummm, maybe there weren't any!!
I've spent the week introducing my current client folk to their new person.
Went on a short hike up to a cool mountainy-rocky area today.
Met with a person about a joint to lease for the school gig.
Found out that the explorer's fixes are bigger & badder than we originally expected...but not sure by how much quite yet.
We traded the pimped out RED Cadillac loaner car for a subtler beige Chrysler, because the Cadillac started revealing it had it's own mechanical issues.

What's goin' down in yer neck of the woods?
Old 01-17-2014, 06:42 PM   #1523
Blabbermouth!!!

OH MY GOSH!!! Where have I been?!?!?!

Uhg....lots going on here there and everywhere! So much to say and comment on. I'll be back in the morn, I gotta get to bed!

See ya in the morning!!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #1524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!!

I feel like I've got that never-ending list you were mentioning the other day!! Not a good combo to mix with the don't wanna's!!

We took the kids to the pup park yesterday. It could have been a great time, if it weren't for two young, high spirited dogs whose owner seemed oblivious that they were jumping up on me, repeatedly...and straight up trying to eat our little's. I snatched up little Ace, trying to protect him from the beast that was probably 5 times his size, and that thing full on jumped all over me, trying to bite Ace's legs and body...all while Ace is <screaming>.
That is truly the very sort of nightmare that had kept me from wanting to introduce them to such a park; Idiot owners. As we were leaving, two HUGE dogs were running towards the dog park, unleashed. I about came unhinged!! The dog parks are fenced. That would be because we have leash laws!! Another common offense, as was the case with the heathens that were attacking, is dog owners seem to think it's a great idea to ignore that there are two separate parks...right next to each other; one for big kids, and one for small kids. Straight ridiculous!!
So apparently I'm still seething over this.
Anyway, all the little kippers are okay.

I'm still haggard this morning. I'm trying to figure out my game plan...and if it includes getting ready for the day, or what?!

What's your plan for the weekend?!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:28 AM   #1525
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, I'm taking a break! You know before Christmas when we got the kids their bedroom sets? I STILL have the old stuff in my garage!!! My AUnt was supposed to come that week and didn't, then MCT knew a single mom that had a house fire and has nothing and was supposed to come and get it...nope. So a donation place came by this morning to get it. I spent an hour this morning chopping up ice off of the driveway so the people can safely get it out of the garage. We have been having the guys from work plow the drive (awesome!!!!) but they don't get up close to the garage so I chipped that all away. Me hands hurt now Oh and yeah....the ice and snow ruined another big chunk of driveway Amazing the damage from a little frozen water!!! Put a new drive on the to do's list

So what else this week....

ML job is dumb! So I have been job hunting for him and applying places online. Not sure if he will bite at any offers if they come in but worth a shot. I sure hope he considers any offers!!!

My job is ticking me off too. Some silly drama really. I just have a muzzle on me and can't say what I want to! Not sure if you know this about your ol pal Lote but keeping quiet about things isn't my strong suit!! Couple of big things to me. The dude that is hiring workers for remodeling the apartments has just hired his third convicted felon. We don't allow felons to live there but are hiring them and giving them access to all our residents apartments. I am actually not sure that the owner knows this is happening or not. The boss lady doesn't make waves and wouldn't say sh.. if she had a mouth full of it! Drives me nutso! Then the gal that is at our old prop is really a jerk. For real! I just rented to another person she drove away! That is the 3rd one that left her property because she was so rude! And I have about half a dozen others that have called me to complain. You think the boss lady will say a thing??? Nope. I get not wanting to look like a tattle tale or not a team player but come on! She is so rude she is driving away good people. She will run that place into the ground within a year! So thinking of going over the boss lady and over the regional boss and spilling it. Still in the thought process right now on if I will say anything or not.

Nothing else really note worthy

Today will be cleaning. G is going off to a church lock in party all night. We have never ever let her do anything like that before so I am freaking a bit!

Tonight maybe we will do something fun with A. will have to see whats going on around here.

So.....how was week one?? And more importantly how did you fix your straggly hair all week???
Old 01-18-2014, 08:38 AM   #1526
Blabbermouth!!!

I think I have a case of the dont wannas today too! Maybe a nap would help!

Hey what going down with the car sitch at your place? Did you figure out how much the repairs are gonna be yet? This seems to be taking FOREVER!!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #1527
Blabbermouth!!!

I am not a fan of those peeps that can't /won't keep their pups under control!!!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:05 AM   #1528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What is up with folks and follow thru...when it comes to the free bedroom sets?! Rob & I have noticed over the years that -some- people tend to totally shirk off what is given to them for free...but if they've invested -any- monies into an item...it's level of importance to them skyrockets!! I think it's an odd/warped value system of sorts.

Whoa, yes, I do know that my Loter must be chompin' at the bit to make all of the latest in-justices at the work force right.
Seriously though...you make an outstanding point about the felon's having full on access to the residence homes/belongings. That should NEVER be!! NEVER!! Would it be worth a shot to attempt to appeal to boss lady's protective side, for the Big boss mans sake? Really, if something goes down, he's going to be in the line of fire for that. And, he will likely wonder how this came about, and who was it that was aware of this, and just sat idly by...Mz. boss lady. That gal needs to develop a back bone & get with it. If there were ever an opportunity to show her *team playin' spirit*...how about when it counts and the boss needs his -team- to have his back!! That troubles me that she doesn't seem to feel much of a sense of obligation to him or to the unsuspecting residents. No, not happy with her decision on this at all.

More to come!!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:28 AM   #1529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

As to this bitty over in the old prop; this would be time consuming...but I wonder if compiling a little notebooks worth of troubling instances where she's concerned would maybe come in handy, in the future. Maybe just a quick note on each of these occasions where her actions seem to point directly at the loss of potential revenue. Just sticking to the facts. Maybe it's something that you & boss lady keep on the hush together...both adding your own entries/experiences...and when/if the time comes, it is something that could possibly be presented to boss man, for him to take in and evaluate this gals worth, or cost to his bizz, without boss lady having to ever give her opinion really at all. Let the actions speak for themselves. Just a thought.
The *OR* to all of this is; just pass me boss mans #, and I will feel his ears!!

If ML were to consider a position elsewhere...would he be looking for another management type position, or something maybe entirely different?
I'm excited at just the prospect of him getting to experience a different environment!! I think something new might be real re-freshing for him!!
This reminds me, there was a gal on this board that just posted about being laid off from her work place, after 23 years there!! Well you know I can't relate to that one bit!!
Speaking of which...my first day at this new gig is on Monday. I am hoping that it turns out to be a fair fit...but, I'm not holding me breath about it!! I am guessing that the most challenging will be this training period of 4-6 weeks. Let's see how far I get thru that!!

NO, the car is still not fixed!! We stopped by to pick it up yesterday early evening, and one of the main mechanic folks said it runs smoother than ever, that he drove it around all day, with no issues; no "check engine light" coming on...and that we would be good to go. We hop in...don't get one block from their shop...."check engine" light pops back on.
So back into the shop. We're sporting around with their loaner cars. That's not a problem now, because I'm not packing clients around. When I was, I could only transport them in the vehicles that boss man had inspected...which was only the explorer and CT's car.

*Editing to add, but not remove initial comment: I will Not actually **FEEL** boss mans ears. No, no I won't. Maybe just fill them.

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 01-18-2014 at 09:33 AM..
Old 01-18-2014, 10:01 AM   #1530
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwe, I hope G has a yay time at her churchy pow-wow. Is it tough for her parent-folk because it's not a slumber at a friends, but rather it's a full on event, with multiple folk involved?
I totally vote for A getting special treatment tonight!!

My straggle-meister hair is still just that. I did however even out the front sides...somewhat. It's challenging, forsure...but I can get the bulk of the hairdo up...and the bottom falls out. It doesn't look totally awful...just a lot messier than I'd prefer it.

We've been looking at commercial buildings this past week or so, and meeting with folks to discuss their terms. I think we're narrowing in on the one we'd like to get started in. Finally!!

Well, I'd sure like to just stay on here & mess around...but that's not gonna reduce the length of that stupid to-do list.