Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #1471
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
where is the time going??? I am so so so soooooo behind!!!

Huge resident party was last night. Had about 120 show up and then add another 15 staff and family....it was nuts! Way too much work though! I lost 2 full days of work basically Cooking all day yesterday and cleaning all day today. Today was our employee lunch with the big boss and we always get the remainder of the day off afterwards so I was going to finish shopping that I haven't done. Oh no.....had to go back to work and finish dishes and cleaning The guys had to come back and work also and ooooohhhhh they are super not happy!!!

So now I don't know when I will get it done! We have the Kaka's coming in tomorrow night for 3 days. And I got the bright idea to through a big party Sat night. Got about 20 coming. Well not here but I rented the clubhouse at work. I am actually looking forward to that Everyone is bringing a dish to pass and a $10 gag gift for the white elephant exchange thing. Oh and Sat we also have our last games of the season. 8:30 and 4:30 ...what bad timing huh???

Alright gotta run to gymnastics now! Hope all is good with you!!!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
lotus33 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #1472
Blabbermouth!!!

Ooh ice.....pretty! We have had every spectrum of weather known to man! ice, hail, snow, rain, sleet, snow, yup we got it The Kaka's are still heading up here though....crazy buggers!

Had the craziest day at work too! Started the day with a guy getting electrocuted A resident standing in ice touched a carport that had a faulty wire and whappo...to the ER we go. Then it went downhill from there.....

Having a quick bite to eat and then busting out the house before they get here!
Old 12-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #1473
Blabbermouth!!!

!

Oh the party was a huge success! So much fun was had by all! We had 23 people. It was snacks and appys, then we played that gift exchange game. Oh we had some funny ones!!! My favorite was an exercise video along with a 2.5 lb box of chocolates We brought what I thought were gag gifts but my goodness, there were fights over them!!! I bought a really cheesy fuzzy blanket with a tiger on it, a star wars coffee mug, packs of batteries with a note saying toy not included, and last but not least ..... a box of man points I took a really dumb pic of ML and had him autograph it and framed it, then got a cheesy guy movie to go with it. OMG it was super funny! Then we played games and wrapped things up about midnight. Some of the peeps coming from farther away left early when the snow started. We have quite the blizzard coming through!!! Still going strong now!!

Oh jeesh one of the funnier things too, G wanted to wear an ugly sweater to the party so I stopped at the thrift shop and got her one. Its like an d80 year olds jacket from 1990 and a silk blouse to go with it...so funny! Well I got A one also and BIL. I guess I forgot to mention to them that it was G that wanted to wear them and the entire party did not know about it When A got there and realized not everyone had an ugly sweater on....um not happy! I thought it was a hoot!!!! Bad me! Taking pleasure in others pain!

Other fun facts for the weekend thus far..... MIL hates ka. That girl can't do anything right! And the other Ka (BIL) pooped so huge and clogged my toilet so badly that we still can't get it. ML thinks he broke the toilet actually trying to unclog it. So good thing the one downstairs is installed!!! Or we would have no toilets right now!!
Old 12-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #1474
Blabbermouth!!!

What????? Why did that last post have an exclamation mark for a heading???

I even amaze myself sometimes!!!
Old 12-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #1475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
! <---LOL...You're truly the funniest, ever!! :)

Oh my gosh...so many things about your note just cracked me up!!

The party gifts you described are just killing me!! So many Great ideas in all that, and so funny!! You really do have the funniest, most bestest sense of humor of anyone I know!! I love the gift of ML's piccy and movie too!! Were the man points included with this gift, or were they a stand alone gift?! Soooo funny!!

That's a riot about the ugly sweater deal!! Poor A, she's hitched with a Ma who will spare little, if it means gettin' her kicks in the process. Love it!!

That's totally chitty about BIL's Big Log bustin' up the place!! Horrible!!

Why do you think MIL has such issues with KA?? I kinda always pictured MIL favoring ML over BIL, so I'd have thought you might be more of a target. And wait, you were initially, and for some time right? Maybe beings she Thunderstood her place where you were concerned, she has delay-transferred the nonsense to KA? Or does KA genuinely give MIL reason to direct wrath?

I feel emo heavy and will need to come right back.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #1476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, I barely know where to begin. Lot's goin' down in da-Hood.

Recall I told you that Hunkie was going to begin offering Martial Arts instruction to the churchies? Well, that has quickly evolved into us looking at commercial buildings, as it looks like we are going to open a full on Martial Arts school.
We have met with the bizz consultant firm, are working on completing our bizz plan, have the business license, created an LLC, and began refining the schools website.

So...it would seem that -somebody- would need to set their physical fitness needs as a priority.
That's probably not going to begin today. This is seriously the first day since back in late November sometime, that I have not gotten ready for the day and busted outta the homestead...mostly for the workforce purposes. That has just been unreal, especially with the weather conditions we've had...much like you were describing you've been experiencing. Not a fan!! Oh No.
So today is all about not interacting with anyone, or getting dressed.

I wanna hear what Lotyville's upcoming week looks like!!
GirlKickinIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #1477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Eh Loter...because I had to see...you get to too.

Be sure to watch the vid portion for the full on tear jerkage of it all.

Two years after her death, woman gives family wonderful Christmas gift
Old 12-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #1478
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh thanks for that! Bawling my eyes out I love that song!

My goodness! You all got some stuff going on!! I wish ML and I could again! I loved it!

Oh gosh, tomorrow I will have to figure out how to get pics off of texts people send me. There is a great one of the kids in the sweaters! I will try to send it! I can show you the one of ML, because at the end of the night he traded his gift in for his own box of man points Guess he just couldn't part with it Dweeb!!
Old 12-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #1479
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhh yes, you're Welc-ee. If I have to get tore up over somethin' ...why
then surely you must too. Just the unfortunate way things roll sometimes!!

Indeed, the Hunkie and I have spent many moons working together over the years and we'd both like to shift things back that direction...no doubt.

So wait, what?? You know I'm not gettin' a full enough of a picture on this whole man point deal. Do the points come in a box? Can you re-use them? Would you ever share them? I'm left with so many questions!!
Old 12-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #1480
Blabbermouth!!!

OH my gosh, do I have to teach you everything???

The running joke with ML is that he was born with infinity man points so even if he loses some it doesn't matter. He has so many to spare he was willing to help out the less fortunate and give a pic of himself along with a manly movie to go along with it. I did tell you he was a dweeb did I not???

Here is a blip that I found online to give you a rundown

*Each man on planet earth has a manliness quotient. A man can earn man points and add to his manliness quotient by performing acts of manliness, or he can subtract from his quotient by performing unmanly deeds. For example, I recently earned man points by repairing my gas grill. However, during that same period I lost man points by riding my little scooter to Lowes while wearing Crocs to purchase a tool I needed.

Man points are not awarded by an individual. Rather, they are simply woven into the fabric of the universe (don’t ask me how I know all this stuff, I just do).

Some men, such as Russell Crowe, have high manliness quotients, while other men, like Richard Simmons, are on the lower end.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #1481
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey if I don't see ya tomorrow.....

Old 12-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #1482
Blabbermouth!!!

Just finished making a cheese ball for tomorrow. I only make it at Christmas time because I would eat it every day!! Seriously! Got a big ol prime rib marinating in a rub for tomorrow too.

Hope you have a super day tomorrow!
Old 12-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #1483
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS Lotyville!!

Yayyyyyyyy!!

OOooOoOoOoh, Cheeseballs and Primerib Goodness!! Wantit!! Do you guys have any sorta horseradish concoction for your Primerib goodie?? FAVE!! Love a sour cream-horseradish topping!! Me mouth's watering just thinking about it!!

Will ya'll have a full household today, for your celebrations?

We went over to CT's last night for eats (Pizza//salad) & present goodies.
Today will just be the Hunkage & I and the kids. My planaroo is to prepare up a fat Lasagna, using baked zucchini strips for the noodles. Wonder if that's gonna be a winner, or a floperoo?! Really, once spag sauce & cheese become involved...there is no -lose- on the dish. No there's not.

Yes Loter, I do need for you to show me the way...most of the time!! You're clearly more experienced than I, in these important areas of life...such as the man points!! ML is one funny fellow!! Obviously if he doesn't have one yet...he should probably be the recipient of a cape...in order to show his great natural stature off properly.

It would also be great if he could have the standard ~S~ on it too, so as to properly represent...and he could too, seeing as how he was gifted with an S last name. I really should have seen thru this cover of his long ago!! See, there he is now ---> .....

Okay...off to coffee up & tidy the mansion!! Chat soon!!
Old 12-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #1484
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good afternoon!!

Christmas and all the hoopla aside...this has been a pretty lame day up to this point.
The Hunk is cranky, as his back/neck are hurting and spasming on him. Earlier I suggested he may wanna consider taking a pain killer and muscle relaxer. Nope, can't do that cause it'll get in the way of some organizing projects.
Seems that pain might too?? Right??
Later I hear him go in & finally throw back some dope...but he seems to be irritated about it.
He's been sitting on the couch with his lap top for the past hour or so; but the way he's sitting...posture wise....I just know he's adding to his whole back/neck ish.
I don't dare suggest that though. I don't usually find mixing cranky with helpful advice blend well.

I made 2 Big Lasagna's. They turned out real well. However, with the lack of glee on the part of my Homie here...it's tough to tell if I couldn't have maybe just served dog food pate' on crackers & called it good.

Whatever. I guess I'm just gettin' irritated with him being irritated. So...I'll go throw meself into a fun project...like cleaning the monsterous mess in the stupid kitchen!!

How's it goin' in Lotyville?!
Old 12-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #1485
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh no Cranky hubbys are no good at all!! Very clever of you to stay quiet about the helpful hints! That is a lesson I have not mastered

Well everyone is gone and the house is mostly cleaned. A load is running in dishwasher, I have about 1/2 a load left after that. Dinner was fab, then we played cards and the kids opened their gifts. The only people that were here is MIL and SIL and DB. DB is still annoying in case your wondering Nothing in particular to report on, he is just annoying. But I do hold a grudge for a long time after I have been scorn so theres that

ML has gone off to bed and I am watching TV with the kids. They have gotten interested in Dr. Who and there was some event happening today. They recorded it and are watching it now. I am so confused but they are right into it!

I have to work the rest of the week and then have Monday and Tuesday off. We have a card party here at the house NYE, not sure it will be very big this year with it being on a Wed. Not many are able to come Then on the 4th we have our end of season basketball party. Phew!!! I am going to be pooped!!!

and then.........after all that partying will be life planning I have to get my health on track! Have to! Your gonna have to stay on me and give me a kick in the behind!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #1486
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yes...now it's your turn to get to focus on all the matters relating to health!! It's about time someone took the baton & ran with it...cause I couldn't be more exhausted of it all!! Yepp, I will help keep you moving forward in that direction.

You DO have a busy time comin' atcha!! It sounds like it'll be mostly pretty fun too, with maybe the exception of the basketball shindig.

Have I expressed how much I LOATHE all things having to do with math? My focus has been turned to everything relating to percentages. I thought I thunderstood all I needed to know. After taking some stupid online tests...I've found that there's very little that I know. VERY little. And once I think I've got a method figured out...the format changes on me...and I'm left stumped...again. STUUUUPID STUPID ^@#&^$%^@#!! I hate this stupid stuff!! I HATE IT!! It's just stupid. STUPID!!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #1487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Off to see if I can find a show to console my broken math spirit. Something like My 600 pound life might help.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #1488
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugggh...this poor fellow.

Looks like there may be follow ups on his loss as well.

I'm just at the tail end of this first vid.

Britains Fattest Man - Loves high fat food. - YouTube
Old 12-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #1489
Blabbermouth!!!

why were you doing math?? Your gonna hurted yourself!!

I'll have to check out that vid tomorrow. I was sort of a sloth tonight, don't know why I'm so so tired today Just sort of vegged out tonight and did nothing.

Whats the happs for the weekend?
Old 12-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #1490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Loter, which end is up?! Frazzle me dazzle me doo!!

The math garbage was for a position I was looking into. It would have allowed me to remain at the homestead, while taking inbound calls of folks who were pursuing reservations to stay at fine resorts in the area.
One problem...I fully bogarted their stupid assessment today...in a couple ways...including the stupid math section. Whatever!!

What's going on in Lotyville?!
Old 01-01-2014, 03:57 PM   #1491
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If anyone needs any help with choring...just shove it!! I mean...I was gonna offer to help...but really, I feel like that's mostly all I've done today!!
That and fully de-Christma-fied the digs. I tell ya, for as much as I do enjoy all the festive garb of the season...I strongly despise the overwhelming clutter it brings into the picture.
On the flip side of that...now that all the pretty junk has been removed...it feels so open and extra tidy in here.

Oh yeah, remember how I was saying I fully bombed the assessment for that position I'd looked into last week? Well, surprise-surprise...I didn't do as bad awful as I thought, and the folks have asked me in for an interview. I'm nearly about ready to get excited over the prospect!!

What's going on in the Loty~Mansion?!
Old 01-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #1492
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my goodness, I have been a sloth today. I needed it though. All the entertaining and holiday festivities have taken their toll on me! Your not even going to believe how long I slept today! 11:00 I can't even believe I did it! We were up till about 1:30 last night though and I was up at 8 with the dogs.

Back to work tomorrow though. Should be an absolute peach of a day. I am so looking forward to it

Well tell me more about the new job! When is the interview?

How is the kickin it school going??
Old 01-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #1493
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YOU...11:00?! Nearly unheard of...unless you're dead & dying...or festiviteed out!! You get a full on pass for that one though.
Somebody does not have the wanna's for worky tomorrow. I hear ya!!
Did ML get to have the day off today too? He's gonna get to hang home tomorrow, right? I vote for Loter staying home tomorrow with ML...if he still has it off. There ya go. Please let all boss peeps know that I've made another exec decision for them.

For the new potential workforce: interview is set up for Friday @ 9am. So far I've had a phone interview and then that horrifying assessment. I'm assuming that if all goes well, I will be asked to begin the training they are set to offer on Jan. 20th. The training alone will be 4-6 weeks, in the town over from us. It'll be from noon till 5:30pm each day, M-F.
The schedule I would keep at home, once I'm turned loose from training would likely be 5.5 hours a day, 5 days a week, any days...any hours from 4am to 12am.
So...if I have an offer from them, at the close of our interview on Friday morning, I will likely go directly to current boss mans office & eesplain that I'll be outtie 2014 on the quick.
We're still juggling with the vehicle issues over here...something awful. I put almost 1,000 miles on the car within this month, for work alone, on a car that's limping along, and being shared by the Hunk & I. When he can, he borrows CT's car...when he can't...we wing it. It's driving me nuts. I hate being on the receiving side of CT...as I'm sure you can fully relate to.
Now that Rob is down to mayyybe a week or so left of his current work gig...we're gonna need to figure something else out for this transportation juggle. This new wanna be gig of mine might help relieve some of that burden.

Thank you for taking the time to look at the kicker site!! And for suggesting we change the age limit!! I had suggested he change or remove that myself. Thing is, we trained with a fellow, about 5 yr.'s ago, who was 87 yr.'s old, ex-boxer, and took both our heads off with cross punches...more than once. So suggesting a cap on age is not a real winner!!

I am really enjoying the bare/empty space of the living room!!
So why is it that I felt compelled to run out to HD & get more paint...when I know that in order to get after this painting project, I'm gonna have to create a disaster in here?!
I may start in on it tonight (painting a wall in the living room). However...I'm going to have to see if I can't track down some rollers and paint brushes somewhere. I meant to pick some up while I was out...but got too busy making friends with the paint dept. gal.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #1494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, I should clarify; I wouldn't be in a position to choose the hours I work, (as best as I know). The new boss folks would choose the days & hours. I just know that it would be between 4am-12am.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:56 PM   #1495
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hola!! Just returned a bit ago from meeting w/the bizz consultant fellow again. All is going very well with the process. We're looking to step into action within this next week or so, as it looks like the Hunk will have completed the mission of assisting in the closure of the store, and be a free agent once again.
Went out for eats afterwards; salad and pizza.

Been wrapping up on some straggle rock chores over here. I have one last load of laundries whirling. Fresh linens on the bed, and I can't hardly wait to crawl in there!!

I just gave a quick spruce to the mani, and made some prelim decisions on what I'll consider wearing for tomorrow mornings interview.
Turns out that current boss man & I won't have a chance to connect tomorrow morning after all. So, I'm guessing he'll become the recipient of an email notice of resignation...IF I'm offered a position tomorrow.

Then I'll bonsai off to work for a few hours.

I didn't start in on my paint project. Nope. I got busy with other stuff that needed tending to, and then I got overwhelmed...just thinking about having everything all torn apart, while there's all this life chaos fixin' to go down. So that has been postponed till at least Saturday.

What's shakin' in Lotyville?!
Old 01-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #1496
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Enough cleaning has gone down over here to put us all in fair shape...so that's your pass to dodge it at your own homesteads.

I made bacon and hummus w/red bell scoopers for y'allz snacks. Eat up!!

Yesterdays interview dealio went real well & I think I'll get an invite to play on their team.

Looks like a spring day outside...but feels every bit of the winter day that it is. Brrrrr!!

Now that the bulk of the need tooz are handled...I will *consider* the painting project...or a nap.

What's goin' down in yer digs?!
Old 01-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #1497
Blabbermouth!!!

So much to comment on but I must put meself to bed! Almost 1 am around these parts and I am tired but not. Because I am miffed right off! Had our little gathering tonight with the ball team at my work. One of my residents stole G's cell phone out of her coat pocket in the locker room! he was the only one there beside our party. I know it was in her pocket because I saw her put it in there. It should have been safe! But no....these creeps rummaged through the locker and all her things and took the phone. Mama is NOT happy!!!! I called both residents, texted, emailed and told them they had until noon tomorrow to return it or I was calling the police. ML just wants to bust down their door and beat them up So he is mad at me cause I won't let him. He is more mad that they were rummaging through his babies stuff. Her undergarments and everything were in there cause they were all swimming. So its causing a rift. Uhg....will chat some more tomorrow...I am pooped! Wish me luck
Old 01-05-2014, 05:13 AM   #1498
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

NO!! WHAT?!?! What a horrible situation!! How old are the creepers involved in the heist?! That's just straight up shocking that they would be so brazen as to go thru staff's young daughters wares!!
That's just such an awful violation!!
I totally get why ML is ready to come off his chain over it...totally. Giving them an opportunity to make the sitch right on their own is a generous gift that I hope they accept. Following up with bringin' in the big guns if they don't, is a Super plan.
How stressful!! I sure hope this turns out to be resolved on the quick. I can't imagine how awkward & horrible it will be to have to engage with him/them on any level in the future after such an offense!! So Ultra un-Cool.
I would have a heck of a time trying to get my sleeps on after such an event as well!! The scenarios and rage would have me all looped up.
It's only 8 am in your parts. I'd reckon the whole household is chompin' at the bit for a resolution on this. Me too!!
Old 01-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #1499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wanna hear what the outcome was of the cell stealing thugs!! Did they do the right thing, or did ya have to call in the troops?

We churched it up this morning. One of the Hunk's co-workers was there as well.
Afterwards we bailed out for big fat burritos, and then came home for naps.

Now I'm java'ing up, in order to muster some grocery gettin' that needs gotten'.

Still haven't made any furtive movements towards the paint cans.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #1500
Blabbermouth!!!

This site is ticking me off! Do you have trouble getting on sometimes?

So the fellow emailed me back. Mind you I left a voicemail on the home line, his moms cell and his cell, also texted both mom and him. Oh and BTW he is 40 and lives with Mom...loser! Anyway he emails me back around 11 this morning I could tell you but here is the email

Neva and Jeffry,

I left you voicemails and texts but wanted to try you this way as well. My daughters cell phone was taken from the locker room tonight and want to just make sure you didn't grab it on accident. Its an HTC with a mint green case. Besides my party and another employee in the pool you were the only other ones there. I am hoping you grabbed it by mistake and it will be returned to the office tomorrow. If you do by chance have it you can put it in the dropbox. If you could please look through your things and get back to me asap I would appreciate it. I will wait to hear from you until around noon tomorrow and then call and file a police report and have them come in and watch the surveillance cameras to see if they see anyone else that snuck in while I wasn't looking and took it.

Thanks for your help!
Wendy

The response..

I Just received Your message
Yes a cell was found, by the dumpster was some toe sox and a cell phone, would have never seen cell if not for the sox... No case was w the phone
Yes I have the phone and sox
You can pick up or I will have Wife drop at mulberry office on her way to work.
You might wanna see if anything else is missing, " who takes a phone and sox????"

Oh for crying out loud!!! But you know what at least we got it back!!! So the socks or sox LOL were also taken from one of the little girls at the party. They were in her bag in a locker. So these perves rummaged through all the girls things...burns me hide it does!!!! I had to scream at ML not to do anything. He may still, now that he knows where the guy is. He was so mad when we went to get the things he was shaking and was in near tears. We did have to buy another case for her phone but eh oh well. Really awkward sitch since I work there, I had to threaten but do it in a way that wasn't so accusing and remain a little professional. Really I wanted to tell him I know he is a lying SOB and stole from the wrong chick! Grrrrr ::

Last edited by lotus33; 01-05-2014 at 07:18 PM..