Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #1411
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Oh I am sorry for your friend! And for you for not being able to go when you want to! Do you sometimes miss living close to all the people you know? (and far away from CT)

We had ball again today .....don't recall if I have mentioned my pure joy over basketball season yet Woof!

Then ML and I painted a coat on the other room. The one that is his sports colors he wanted. Um....another no from me but whatev. The man bought the house and hasn't had a single say in anything so I guess one room in the basement is ok

Made a delicious soup for dinner and then A had her little friend over and we watched the 3rd installment of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I still find it so funny how they were all so into that show The kid even kept up with characters and names and everything....it was just me who couldn't keep up Once it gets more than 2 story lines I am out! No way am I keeping up!

Think I am going to play around online for a minute and then go to bed. After the movie ML ran off with his BFF to watch a game at Buffalo Wild Wings. His buddy closed the store and I guess didnt feel like going home!

So what went down in the Hood's place today??? Tomorrow is straight up scrubbing the place down around here if you would like to join in on the Reindeer games!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #1412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Yo peeps!!

I'm not supposed to be in here!! My kitchy is only partially pulled together. I'll be back!!
GirlKickinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #1413
Blabbermouth!!!

Mine too

I only have about 10 min worth of work and can't find my mojo to go do it!

Once I sat down.... no getting back up
Old 11-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #1414
Blabbermouth!!!

Well my kitchen is clean ...the kitchen police aka~ML couldn't take it anymore!

I got so much done today though! My gosh I hurt though waa waa huh?
Old 11-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #1415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Built up chores are stupid.
After sparkling that tore up kitchy, I had to tend to the laundries. I'd forgotten alllllll about them. Hunky hooked us up with dinn. Otherwise, there'd have been no make-ee and the household could have just starved to death...for as much as I cared.
So...it's bedtime again, and no time for chattings.
Try again tomorrow!!

*Very good of ML to bust a move with his OCD energies!!
Poor pained floor buffer. I hope some rests ease your wenis type troubles.

Get to bed!! We'll catch up soon!!
Old 11-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #1416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!!

I thought I best shoot a note out now, before the cray-cray sets in for the day!!

Indeed, I get the full on notion that somebody would rather be doing a many other things, than spectating on the Basketball sidelines for a century!! I fully hear ya on that.
I have a young 20 something client fellow that is ALL about that nonsense, and is hoping that I will join in on game play of that nature with him. NO. See here's the thing...that's just a really bad set up for me. Having a tall, young buck, trying to surround me, and block me, and knock something from my hands, is gonna get him upper cutted in the jaw...and me out of a job...in a hurry. The writing is already on the wall for that scene...so I think we best avoid havin' it play out. I am willing to shoot granny shot hoops with the boy though.

So is ML pleased as punch with his game colors splashed all over the walls?!
What's next on your list of painting to dooz? Wanna come help me paint a simple little wall that I can't seem to make meself do? Sure you do!! Come on over!!

As for missing me chaps back in the other towns we've lived in...hmmm, not enough to ever care to return. We all had outstanding times with one another, but that was good enough for me. I'm not much for repeating, or hanging on to what was for dear life. I enjoy the little tid bits that come thru the facebook newsfeed thing, in order to keep up with them, and that's about enough.

That's pretty funny about the kiddo's gettin' all into the Lord of the Rings movies, and you're like....meh...whatevv...who's that one again? I can so relate!! Rob has watched those movies sooooo many times, and while I'm in the same room as he's watching them...I couldn't tell ya who those peeps are. Totally just don't care...not interested.

Did things turn out okay for ML and his co-worker's Wing night out? Was the guy trying to avoid the homestead or he just digs hangin' with ML?

Hunk received an invitation from the workforce, inviting us out to some grill/pub place, as a Christmas ahoy of sorts. The invite went right into the trash. Thing is...neither of us really wants to spend extra time with our fellow work compadres...or haul ourselves out of the mansion for a party starting at 10pm...at a pub place. No...not really.

So today is all about transporting the brother portion of the potential screamers, down to the next big town over & watching some lame animated garb, and goin' to lunch. Yay.

What's going on in Lotyville?!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #1417
Blabbermouth!!!

Just a quickie to say Howdy!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #1418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heya!! Backatcha!!

I'm workin' on documenting my time with the client folk today, and scheduling.

Any volunteers to handle the load of sheets I started earlier...but still need to see through to the transferring and bed making process??

OoOoooOh, that's kinda what I thought!!

What's happening around here?

Did the folks lookin' for a tour ever show this morning?
Old 11-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #1419
Blabbermouth!!!

I couldn't make this up if I tried! I will do your sheets cause mine are whirling right now!!! Well thats a fib the dryer just beeped so I am going to go make it up and then I will make yours!!!

Boy do great minds think alike or what???

Ok c-ya laters!!!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #1420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Haaaaaaaaa!! SO Funny!! You DO get to take full on credit for our sheets load getting transferred. Yes you do. Here's why. Cause right after I wrote that jibberish about somebody volunteering to pick up the slack with that laundry, I went right back to my work notes, and only recalled that the switch needed to happen when I came back over here, to see how you were doin'.
So, they're now whirlin' in the dryer...Thanx to the Lotifier!! However...someone has sooooo much tiredness on them, they're not gonna wait for those things to dry & then make their bed all fresh. Nope, they're gonna crawl into bed like a dirty heathen, just as it is. Yes I am!!

I'll see you on the other side!!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #1421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, one more thing. I've been meaning tell ya. I heard on the radio the other morning that Adam Levine was voted most handsome dude around. What?! How can that be??
If ya ask me...he needs a membership to a couple buffets...for like a solid year or something. Poor thing. No, he's not a hunk. Somebody has it wrong.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:26 AM   #1422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! Happy Toozday!! Why is it that it feels like it should be more like Thurzdee or Frydee...but it's totally NOT?!

Welp, as it turns out, today will be a light worky day...and that part won't even truly get underway until after 2pm. The 1st client I was tentatively planning to meet, turned out to be double booked...so no visit for us today. I mean shucks!!

So, today gets to be heavier on the domestication's around here and extra time with the kidz!!

Hunky took it upon himself, about a week or two ago, to haul in all of the Christmas garb. He's enjoyed Christmah-fying the house a little here & there each day, while I'm away at work. He gets so excited for me to see the latest change/addition each day. That all sounds great, right? Well yeah, except that this process has also meant that there are multiple boxes stacked up in me living room, that have yet to be unpacked...and with the knickety-knackety items being strewn about, among the other household stuff, and my looser reign on the homestead choring...I'm going NUTS!! I feel like ML would likely feel, given the same sitch.

So, clearly that's the sort of tasks I need to focus on remedying around here today.

What's going down in Lotyville?! Is it snowing again today?!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #1423
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh dear well I am just so glad you don't get Adam cause I want him! HmmmMmmm....yessir! Do you guys watch the voice? He has such a fun personality and very smart too!

Oh we are doing decor next week! We usually do it thanksgiving weekend but since we will be gone....its going to have to be during the week. That does not make me super happy Yes I totally get that frenzy that will be starting though with all the knick knacks and extra mess and stuff going on. I am getting wonky about the mess downstairs! Argh! I just thought we didn't do lights yet!!! And now its freezing!

So did you call in to your appts today? Was everyone bummed? Are you feeling better yet?

Hey, bet your wishing you had made your bed last night now I even made my bed this morning! I dont make it everyday...nope! I'm a bum...whatev!

Waiting on pizza and then going to go grout the bathroom. The guys were just too pooped to party tonight. They had to be into work at 5:30 to start salting. The kids had no school today for ice. 3 school days off already and winter hasn't even started yet!!! So I am going to grout cause I am just NEEDING to get this done!!!! Its taking too too too long!!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #1424
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh and yup the folks for the tour showed up and are moving in tomorrow

Loty is rockin it out at work! Only 2 days in and I rented 4 this week

My gosh our new DM is just flipping cuckoo though! Seriously!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #1425
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi! Long day! Phew! Still have a bunch to do but eh all the little fires are out.

Grabbed dinner and had to run to the store and get pumpkin. My gosh what kind of bonehead forgets pumpkin????

Just home and I am just not feeling cooking right now! Usually have everything prepped but I will just cook tomorrow. I am frozen to the bone tonight and want to just veg in me pj's!

How is the back today? your feeling better by now!
Old 11-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #1426
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 11-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #1427
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yayyyy...Happy Thanksgiving!! Cute piccy!!

So you must have been eyeballs deep in cooking/baking today, eh? I bet your homestead smells just deliciously devine!! YUM!!
How many folks attended the festivities??

I guess we haven't covered this yet...cause I don't recall...do you & the fam get your Black Friday on? And what's your feeling about gettin' a jumpstart & hittin' the stores that are open on Thanksgiving?

We're not very exchang-ee of gifts here...so none of any of that appeals to me/us. As a matter of fact, there's no sign that it's Thanksgiving here at all. We were invited to some of CT's pals home...but declined that right away. Then of course I jerked my back up and haven't been able to even keep up with me dailys around here. That actually had me in a pretty craptastic mood this morning...until I was able to get the kitchy cleaned back up, and the Hunk made us a super breakfast.

So...just a very quiet, low key afternoon...full of a need for heavy choring.

I wanna hear about your festivities!!
Old 11-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #1428
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh jeeze ya know I am not a fan of stores being open today, however ML has a good point about that. They are all open on Easter so why is today such a big deal?? Anyway, I have gone in the past on black Friday but never really buy anything. I just used to go with a good friend and it was more we got to escape the fams for the day and hang out. I thought we were going tomorrow but haven't heard from her. She had to work so I am assuming that it is off. Well I'm not waking up so I suppose if she is banging on my door I will get up....if not oh well!

Yup was busy in the kitch today! Did the standard eats. Turkey, mash potato, squash, green bean casserole, corn souffle, stuffing, rolls and fresh cranberry sauce. Pumpkin pie and pecan pie. My pumpkin pie rocks if ya ever need to make one! I use hazelnut flavored coffee creamer instead of evaporated milk. Holy yum! Then played cards and now watching Elf

We had a fairly low key day though. Just MIL and SIL came.....oh but at like 6 till 7:30 DB came He ate and played on his phone and that was it. So annoying! Oh well the more he plays on the phone the less I have to pretend to get along with him!

So how is the back today? At least your up and around!!!!
Old 11-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #1429
Blabbermouth!!!

The girls and I are watching episodes of The Munsters and Leave it to Beaver on Netflix

Fun!

Last edited by lotus33; 11-28-2013 at 06:17 PM..
Old 11-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #1430
Blabbermouth!!!

My gosh!!! My world is just flopped on its head! We are watching Leave it to Beaver....did you know June had a housekeeper 3 times a week??? WHaT????
Old 11-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #1431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!! Happy day afta!!

I'm having a hard time with this housekeeping nonsense I just read about June!! What?! She didn't hold a job outside of that home!! Housekeeping WAS her job. How on earth was she able to justify that??
I am VERY disappointed to learn of this. She has totally dropped down quite a few rungs on my respect ladder. I thought more of her than this.
Speaking of housekeeping...that is a Very touchy subject for me right now. It's really taking all my might to not blow up & have a full size tantrum over the overall condition of the mansion at present time. With all the transitional stress that the new job has added, me back being out...still orchestrating all the lame balancing of the transportation needs, with just the one running rig...and so on...the worst, most stress inducing ish for me is the house not being kept up right. MAD!! It just makes me feel so overwhelmed!! I feel like calling up Goodwill and requesting they back their big truck up & haul off everything that's not bolted down. Seriously...someone still has yet to do a thing with the extra Christmas deco crap they pulled in here. So it's just boxing of crap laying in the living room, near the base of the stupid tree.
The same someone's play rooms, both stamp and train...are irritating me as well. I've got both doors to those rooms closed, as I feel nothing but rage when I pass by and see the scattered mess.

I've gotta nip this in the bud, or we're gonna end up with big problemos!!

Your T-day sounds like it went really well...especially considering the DB showed up. So rude for him to focus on his stupid phone, but like you said, the pressure was off you to interact with him much.
The menu looked superb!! Yum!! I bet everyone enjoyed it to the Max!!

You'd mentioned in an earlier note about the new big boss gal being a challenge of sorts. What's her deal? How often do you have to endure her? How is little boss lady handling the whole ordeal at this point?

What are you up to today? Are you hanging at home, or shopping? Do you have the day off from the workforce?
Old 11-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #1432
Blabbermouth!!!

My gosh I slept till 10:30!!! SHhhhh.....dont tell ML, he already has 7 hrs in by the time I got up! Well after the guests left and we cleaned up the girls and I stayed up watching those shows till late but still....thats pretty long to sleep!!!

Did I tell you we are going to the Kaka's tomorrow morning for the night? She wanted a combined dinner with her family and ours so there ya go!

Going to hit some shopping on the way. The kids need boots and snowpants since we are apparently in full on winter mode around here! It snowed all day yesterday! Only maybe 1.5 inches total.

I am going to try to grout the rest of the bathroom here in a bit and then get ready for putting up trees. Oh jeesh and I have to clean out my trunk! Its full of crap! I need room for luggage!

Whats up at your place today? Any big plans for the weekend? Hows your decorating coming?
Old 11-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #1433
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL...didnt read your post yet just saw we were posting at the same time

BRB
Old 11-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #1434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So funny...even without reading my post yet, you answered many of my Q.'s!!

Yepp, you'd mentioned that you were planning to go to the KaKa's on Saturday...but I didn't realize ML was hanging back. Poor Dude. He's gonna miss out on all the reindeer games!!
That'll be a really fun time though for you & the girls!! And more yummy chow!!

So how is it that you probably have more snow to endure than we do...and yet your car doesn't get special tire treatment for the conditions. I'm feeling highly concerned over this, for you.
Or are we possibly just wimpy in this regard?? Maybe.

Okay, beings you guys are considering putting up your trees today...maybe I will tone down my venom about these christmas boxes laying around...and instead, approach the sitch with Hunky in a more festive spirit...even volunteering to join in. Whatever it takes to get this crap outta here!!
Old 11-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #1435
Blabbermouth!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMSWBel8fHA

Here is the blasted episode that ruined our whole thoughts on June!!! Around 11:00 minutes is where the tragedy happens

Oh yes I totally totally get it!!! I was unaware that the Hunk had BOTH extra rooms tied up!!! I thought one was yours!!! I think one should be yours!!! Then you can lock yourself in there when its too much!
Yup you should just get in on the festivities and get it over with!! Go get your LC ice cream you like and make a date of it! We always play Christmasy music and have cookies and hot chocolate...it only will take a few hours to have all 4 trees up....you should be able to be done with yours in 45 min tops! Promise! Then one thing is gone and done!

Yes I do believe your possibly wimpy on the snow! Funny! Now up in Norther MI when the streets remain snow packed and deep those folks need chains and good snow tires, but around here it is cleared off in a day or two or just a small amount of snow on the road. If the snow is too deep to drive in I just don't leave! Only once do I remember having to abandon my car. I was getting off my night shift at 5 am and we had gotten well over a foot of snow. I made it halfway home because the main roads had been packed down by other cars but once I turned onto my neighborhood....no go! I just had to abandon post and walk the rest of the way. Cars just can't plow through that deep, you need a vehicle that rides higher with taller tires to get through!

As far as ML hanging back....its best! He doesn't deal with stupid much and Ka's family and her can be very trying! VERY!!! Just spoiled and whiny! We don't accept that behavior from our children much less from adults!!!! So don't feel bad for him! He would end up causing havoc anyhow! Oh and someone needs to take care of the 4 legged people!

Ok off to grout a bathroom....
Old 11-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #1436
Blabbermouth!!!

Have you ever watched a show called Bad Santa with Billy Bob Thorton? If not ...don't...I am not recommending it. Its not a movie you would enjoy but ML dressed up as Santa for work today and he looked like that Santa! Here's a sample. I can't get the pic to attach here or forward from my phone But he was told by several that he probably ruined Christmas for several children today

Old 11-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #1437
Blabbermouth!!!

Got cookies in the oven now....festivities are just around the corner

Still have to wipe the dang grout another thousand times, and its not done. I ran out of grout Those little tiles take a lot of grout!

OK....I'm off like a prom dress! See ya later!
Old 11-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #1438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hold up now...I just recalled something else upsetting me!! This *likey* me Loter has for the A. Lavine. NO!! How did that happen?! Really though, huh? He's somethin' special? I don't quite recall whatcha said about him...maybe he's funny or has some sorta great personality...blah...blah. Just remember to pack him a few extra lunches when you guys go out on yer date. That's all I'm sayin'!!

I wanna see piccys of your groutage work!! What a McGyver!!

Oh no...both the extra rooms are fully Hunkified=Cluttered. I don't really have any use for the rooms, meself...so it doesn't bother me on that level. The stamp room did start out as our office...and I suppose it's true all of the office-ee goods are still in there...he's just also BLOWN it up with his vast stamp-eez and misc. storage type stuff. It makes for a full on nightmare for me to accomplish much in there though...office wise, when it is just so outta control.
I think it's great that he's getting highest/best use out of the house...forsure. I just have little tolerance for what I consider to be total disorganization/cyclonic destruction.

I'm planning to take every bit of your advice on embracing the decorating party. I already have the ice cream in place. And, I reframed what could have came across as a stern order, to sound much more like *Yay...now that Thanksgiving is over...we can get all the lights & decorations put up and the boxes emptied*. Really, that stoked him out. Good job Loter. Send me a bill.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #1439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I'm pretty sure I did see the Billy Bob Ho-Ho flick, some time ago. CT is/or was a huge Billy Bob fan, and insisted I see everything that he was in. So funny that ML took it upon himself to represent today!!

I would like some of yo cookies too!! Yes I would!!
Old 11-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #1440
Blabbermouth!!!

Well we got 3 trees done. Went to get the big guy done and ML was sawing logs I know he doesn't care if we do it without him but the kids care so we will have to do it on Sunday or Monday depending on how late it is when we get back.

The remainder of my night will be straightening up a bit. Switching laundry and switching out the dishwasher. Always have a half of a load left ....always!

Also working on this years cookie fest Apparently ML has been getting quizzed on when the goods will be arriving Uh....not till the week of Christmas! But I'm still planning, maybe I can find some that can be done up ahead of time and then frozen

How did the decorating go?? Are you onto the ice cream now?? I think we may just have to keep an open tab on the advice from both ends of this relationship!!