Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #1381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Well phooey...I didn't accomplish a whole lot of anything today. Even after all those great sleeps I was bragging about earlier...I ended up nappin' it up on the couch, with the kids, while Hunkie was out churchin' it up.

So, for the grand total of me household choring...I loaded & ran the dishwasher. Yepp, I think that's about it. Otherwise...I've slothed it up.

I would like to partake in the sloppy joes, and the movies. Pass on the football action.

What are the plans around here for the tomorrow??

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #1382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good...Afternoon~Evening!!

Been a real low key day today. We churched, stopped into a couple stores on our way home, fueled the car up, came home, chowed, and napped.

Hunkie took care of cleaning the Kikified floors, and now I'm threatening to handle all things laundry. I may consider changin' the bedding as well.

At some point I'm gonna spend a little time putting together a little *Tote on the Go*, for the car, to include some crafty nonsense for some of the interested client folk to mess around with. As our days get colder and in some cases wetter/snowier...it'll prove to be more challenging for me to find activities to keep them occupied...so this may be a go to.

Gotta get me choring busted out before AFHV comes on!!

*Fun factoid blah-blah # whatever. Hunkage was a notary, back in our real estate days...and we (he), picked up a lot of bizz quite effortlessly, just by being in the field we were in, and also having his name attached to a couple of the national notary websites. Well, in order to continue to fund and grow his train toys & stampy collection, without any impact on yonder household...the fellow has opted to get his stamper re-instated and will consider signing jobs when they become available.
I gotta say...I'm rather impressed.

What's going on with me Loty Clan?
GirlKickinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #1383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Also, today I pitched the idea that I would be open to the notion that we could relocate to Elgin, Illinois...in order to attend the church of me most fave pastor, James McDonald. That sitch would also lend itself better to visiting with me Loter, as it looks like it would put us only about 5+ hours away.
Got me a -NO- in a hurry. Flat out shut down with that one.
1. Not a fan of moving...ever again.
2. Won't relocate to anyplace referred to as Tornado Alley.
3. Thinks that the snow volume would overwhelm and terrify us to death.

Guess we're totally staying put.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #1384
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Today was a day of good intentions and thats about it!! Its only 7:30 so maybe I will get some stuff done yet Oh that was a good one Loty!!

Ran some errands, met MCT for lunch, tried to nap (ML idea of a nap is 20 min so he came bothering me to get up just as I fell to sleep and then I was not happy!) did a very few few chores. Thats about it! Oh we had a doozy of a storm blow through these parts about 4:30, rain was coming in at every angle available and somehow managed to find its way into the family room Not too worried about it, never has happened before so I think it was just forced by all the wind. Not even putting it on the short list of things to take care of!

I am not understanding the Hunks new/old money maker. He will get paid to notorize things? You gotta really dumb it down for me to understand sometimes!

Hey are you taking bible study again this year also? Or just Hunky? Ava starts this week. She asked to go. I have never denied them access if they want to go to church or classes, I just don't feel like it was very productive having it shoved down my throat as a kid so chose not to with them. If they are like me they will not appreciate me telling or forcing them to believe a certain thing so I think letting them seek it out in their own time and way may be better...who knows! I could be raising future criminals for all I know!

Well better get to it if I am going to try to squeeze anything out of this day!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #1385
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Also, today I pitched the idea that I would be open to the notion that we could relocate to Elgin, Illinois...in order to attend the church of me most fave pastor, James McDonald. That sitch would also lend itself better to visiting with me Loter, as it looks like it would put us only about 5+ hours away.
Got me a -NO- in a hurry. Flat out shut down with that one.
1. Not a fan of moving...ever again.
2. Won't relocate to anyplace referred to as Tornado Alley.
3. Thinks that the snow volume would overwhelm and terrify us to death.

Guess we're totally staying put.

You should try harder! Illinois is barely in tornado alley and pfft...they are not too bad for snow either!! Its the same as us, you can handle it!!! Scouts honor!!! Shoot I can take the train to come visit!!! Just stay away from the south side of Chicago! I hear thats sketchy!!
Old 11-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #1386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yepp, totally better get to it. I will too. In a minute.

I agree with not trippin' on the indoor storm. It totally sounds like you've nailed it for the how & why it's taken place...and hopefully it just won't even be a repeat to become concerned with.

Neato that A wants to add in a little bible study to her life. It will be very cool to see what she gets from the experience.

I think our church will be announcing the women's bible study real soon. I didn't participate last year because CT was, and I didn't wanna co-mingle & end up getting caught up with her nonsense shenanigans she's likely to pull.
This time around, I'm a little leery for the same reasons, but also because to hear her tell it...the gal that typically runs it is pretty demanding, in that once you start, you're expected to show up every week, having read whatever the assignment was...like a job. Ummmm, I have one of those. Plus, CT says they do some sorta group prayer, where they pray out loud. Yeah, I'm not interested in that either. I pray in private, and am not so much an extrovert where that's concerned...nor do I mean to be.
So...many reasons that I'll likely not be available for that action. Plus they schedule it a 7pm...to run to 8:30'ish. That's creepin' into me bedtime hours.
The Hunks gathering seems to run much different that that, and more like what I'd wanna be involved in.
Eat chow. Read thru a paragraph/discuss. Visit. The end. If you make it great!! If you couldn't....bet you were missed, but no one is shakin' their finger at you about it.

Yeah, you have the right idea with the notary bizz. Much of the time he was called was for notarizing loan doc.'s, and then overnighting them back to the banks. So we'd meet with folk, after having tabbed the documents, indicating where their signature was necessary, they sign, show us their ID, he stamps their doc.'s and then we take care of shipping the doc.'s back out. Each job was typically in the couple hundred $$$ range. Good little side gig for his play dough.

Did ML feel wrath due to the interruption of the highly coveted nappy?

How was lunchie with your MCT? Does she try to involve herself in the Thanksgiving festivities at all?

I'm gonna channel your zest for busting out chores...and go handle some of this laundry sitch.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #1387
Blabbermouth!!!

whoa! Thats some serious cash!!! Around here you just go to the bank, I thought it was free never used that service before though. But hey, if it gives him easy peasy free play money...super yay!!!

Oh no MCT does not incude herself in any plans. This meet up was for A's bday. We always meet up in a restaurant if ML is home. Just easier!
I got a txt from SIL today, she has been hosting thanksgiving the last couple years. She was txting me what she planned on bringing to dinner. I said....uh huh I thought you were hosting? Somewhere either I got confused or just forgot but apparently I am cooking ...whatever. Would rather have it on my turf truth be told I think I already have a turkey in the freeer too! Then Sat we are headed down to D-town to visit with the Kaka's. She sent me a pic of herself....she is huge! Like huge! For only being 5 months along and with a first baby! I should see if I can forward it to you.

I let ML be today. He got no ill harm inflicted because of his lapse in judgment! Totally unike me to let that go but I did Naps are just a thing of the past I guess

I forgot to tell you this super funny thing from the other night! Then I gotta go to bed!

We went out to dinner with OOWH wife on Friday to meet up with her and bring her a tool he had left at our house. Anyway she was sitting next to G at the table. G bumps the gals elbow or bumps her own I am not sure but anyway she hollers *oh I hurt my weinis* ML is having a nervous breakdown and is like *what did you say?* She says again very matter of fact that her weinis is hurt. ML is on the verge of full on breakdown, the OOWH wife is dying laughing and I am like * what is the heck is a weinis?* She looks at me like I have 3 heads and she says its your elbow. I said * ya know I didn't graduate nursing school but did pretty well in anatomy and your elbow is NOT called a weinis* She argues it is and we look it up online.....she is right dang kids!

From Merriam-Webster

wenis
(noun) : the extra skin on your elbow

So I am going to bed now to go bump wenises with ML Good night!!!
Old 11-18-2013, 05:36 AM   #1388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!!

Just a quick run through, as I've gotta get meself outta here.

The article below is not boding well for advocating for the safety of our wanna be destination.
R says Loty & Fam really need to consider moving to Central Oregon...for their own safety!! So there you go...it's time to get yer ducks in order and begin making new plans!!

At Least 6 Dead in Illinois After Tornadoes, Storms Damage Homes - Yahoo
Old 11-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #1389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh your wenis story just killed me, and R!! Really, neither of us have ever heard of such a thing either, nor would we have bought that story of G's...if it weren't for bein' able to back it with the webster action!! How embarrassing though!! I don't reckon I'll be lookin' for a way to incorporate that niffy little verbiage into my convo.'s...outside of the homestead or here.

Will you guys be stayin' the night at the KaKa's when you go down there? Yes, for forwarding on piccys of the Biggie!! Is their little deviant dog a little more tolerable when you visit him in his own home...or is that an endurance run as well?

I'm about to bonsai outta here. I have a meeting with bossman. Can someone do some meal prep while I'm gone and create something devine by the time I return?? Thanky!! Really, I would totally appreciate this one!!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #1390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Why this has been a very full day!! However, lookin' back on it, aside from preparing eats...I've contributed nothing to the household...chore wise. Frankly, I just feel too spent to even really give a full rip.

I've converted the back of the Explorer into nothin' but fat potential for all kinds of fun to be had!! Really, it's a kiddo's dream come true...or in this case, my client folks. I've rigged it to even include lidded cups for us to bust out with hot choco-apple cider or coffee/tea, as I'll be packin' along a special coffee thing that keeps hot water hot for like 24 hours or something. Also picked up some special *Official*, little popcorn baggies...so as to stuff 'em right before I head out to retrieve a client...for a fun little snackie.
We have a bowling type game, fancy mani polishes/stickers/basketball, rackets, birdies/tennis balls/puzzles, all kinds of games, felt coloring pictures, crafty kits...blah-blah...you get the idea. Fun stuff!!
I'd like to add a couple kites to the mix too.
So the idea is, if our -real- plans get wonked up...we can surely occupy ourselves with -something- back there, in order to stay engaged during our visit.

What's goin' on around this joint?!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:00 AM   #1391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Peepages!!

Been workin' on work related blah-blahs all morning.
Is it too early to ask for a do-over...for the whole day?? Really, I'd be pretty likey about just headin' on back to me bed for a few hours.
Ahhh well, guess if you all can buck up & get thru...I can pull up me granny pannies too.

The day will be filled with client visits, and probably just the bare min. around here.

What's shakin' Bacon?!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #1392
Blabbermouth!!!

Whew! Kids have been off school the last 2 days because none of the schools have power They are up and running now though so school is on for tomorrow!

Tonight ML and I painted one room. Its going to need another coat and I am not sure I love it. However the kids picked it so whatev It will be painted a whole different color in a few years I am sure!

Oh my gosh! I just can't believe the thought you put into the fun baskets of things to do! How creative!! How in the world did you think of this? Our friend pinterest perhaps??? I bet your peeps that you will be out with will have a blast!!!
Old 11-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #1393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

On one hand I am soooo Glad it's essentially bedtime , and on the other...not so much. I wanna hang out & chat...but me head is booming. It's been a day, and I've only just now finished the clients documentations from my earlier time with them.
I need to get some sleeps!!

Pretty sure I'm gonna need a piccy of the new -not so favored color- of wall, over at Lotyville.

Did the Little's enjoy their impromptu va-ca for the passed couple days?! I sure would have!!

Alright, gotta get!! Chat on the tomorrow!!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #1394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! Midweek already?!

I reckon I'm feeling ready for the weekend!! Oh but instead, today is the day I work with some challenging siblings...who I have been told tend to act out by screaming bloody murder, if they don't get their way. Oh I'm really hoping they don't feel the need to dish out that nonsense with me today. I may join them!!

What color went onto the wall??? Being's I have no piccy to wonder about...I instead have only me questions!!

What else is goin' down around here?!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #1395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This video is just cracking me up!! This Mayor is just such a loose canon. After hearing this story of him bowling down this gal, I did some googling to see what his deal was. He's a mess!! Seriously. I wonder if there's maybe an issue with being a little drinky or something. He seems to just behave so erratically, and very unsteady on his feet. This Miley song they've joined with the video is just funny.

Mayor Rob Ford- Wrecking Ball - YouTube
Old 11-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #1396
Blabbermouth!!!

Well cut him some slack....he's Canadian

You know thats the running joke around here, anything I do a little bit off is blamed because MCT is from Canada...so I am half Canadian ML has the kids believing they are 1/4 Canadian

He's not much better sober.... Mumbler!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpyqbjeUOYs
Old 11-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #1397
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh dear!! How did it go with the squabbling siblings? Uh Loty don't play that! Never ever! Biggest pet peeve ever! My kids never acted up in public or restaurants! Screaming kids (or adults) is a big NO!

Oh you must wait!!! I will post when it has 2 coats and is done! But it looks to be the color of Barney that dinosaur eating a green grape Oh dear.....not sure if that was how the kids imagined it or not!

The adjoining room will be navy blue and yellow for ML's fave football team. Oh yeah its going to be a strange color explosion!! Oh well...its only paint!

So the new regional lady will be working with us tomorrow all day! We will see how that goes!! Today I was getting micro managed over emails and was not real thrilled about it! I hope she doesn't come in like a bull in a china shop! Wait to see how things are operating before you go all nutso lady!!!! Jeesh!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #1398
Blabbermouth!!!

I tried to get that pick of the biggie forwarded on to you and can't figure it out!!!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #1399
Blabbermouth!!!

thinking of these for the main bath. I don't generally like pedestal sinks but that bath is soo soo small I wonder if it would make it feel bigger? Going to gain storage anyway so the little bit I would lose under the sink is not a big deal

Old 11-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #1400
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my! Why are they so big?????

Look a life size toilet!!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #1401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, part of me feels like this was a real success of a day...in terms of client interaction...but the rest of me feels like...ummm, who's gonna clean house?? And some dinner would be great too!!
Really though...there's not enough time/energy in one day to meet all of the needs. Yet I still have a load of documentation to handle before the evening is up.

Whatever. I inherited some cool lookin' boots from CT this evening. As soon as I figure out what I've done to my phone camera to make it refuse to take piccys'...I'll send ya a shot of them!!

Yes, poor drunken canadian mayor, Ford. Wow, he's a real piece of work!! He has a Chris Farley'ness about him though. And CF was one of me faves. Did you ever see the flick "Black Sheep" that he was in? Funnnnny!!

So your room colors...they kinda have me feelin' like I'm spinning...and I need to lay down. Whoa!! Someone is NOT afraid of color!! I can't wait to see the finished product!! I may need to hold onto some safety bars though.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #1402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I totally hear what you're saying about not even kinda missing the little storage space with the sink, beings you're creating other storage for that sorta stuff.
I wonder...would you miss the usefullness of the counter space at all, in order to have your -gettin' ready- goods handy for use at the sink. If not...then I think given the small space, the pedestal would be a really good choice. It's sleek!!
Yes, nice life sized toilet!!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #1403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I really like the lid topper on the toilet...so things aren't able to fall off the back. Gotta be careful of those wiley wetty containers gettin' loose!!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #1404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I tried to find, but did not succeed, some photos of our previous home...where we'd painted the master bedroom HOT DEEP Pink. And there may have been some purples involved too. It was shocking...but we liked it.
We had to paint it before we listed it to sell. But for kicks, we had all our office mates over to tour it, prior to repainting it to a bland eggshell. The reactions from the office were Awesome and funny from the prudes.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #1405
Blabbermouth!!!

Well counter space is not a big deal because this is my only other option. Thats what we have in there now.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #1406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmm, yeah neither is offering much in the way of counter space. Is that just mostly a sink to wash up & bail from...or will you be attempting to get more out of the experience?
Old 11-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #1407
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL...I thought the toilet was cute! Well as far as toilets go! It was supposed to be the 1930's design era so it fits the house. I keep a few period type details around. Like the doors and the handles but other than that...no for the old old stuff.

Oh I wish you had a pic!!! What a fun bedroom!!! Oh yes, you know its way bad to have any color on the wall other than tan if your selling! I remember MCT had a house for sale and every wall was bright color. She kept telling them to paint. They refused. The contract ran its course and the house didn't sell. The person had a relocation package though and the company bought the house. Gave it back to MCT. She had it painted tan and white and it sold in 2 weeks for more than asking
Old 11-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #1408
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Hmmm, yeah neither is offering much in the way of counter space. Is that just mostly a sink to wash up & bail from...or will you be attempting to get more out of the experience?
You see my pain!!! Thats all that will fit! Now you see the NEED for the glam stations!! Its so annoying! Quite literally the bathroom is 5x7 with no linen closet! I use the front door closet for linens since we don't use that door!

I am having a closet built in though so I will gain space there. Old house are dumb! No closets or bathrooms but the old character sucked me in
Old 11-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #1409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, that's a toughie!! It be teeny tiny!! A built in is a Super idea!! Smarty!!

Ewww, I've gotta head to bed.

I'll see ya on the tomorrows!!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #1410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, long crazy day. I've ran around with No nail polish on, simply because of lack of time for it. <---Not a fan of lookin' all plain jane!!

Our friend's from the way back (2 brother's from California) Ma just passed away yesterday. We've all been friends since I was 14/15 yr.'s old. I reckon this is the 1st any of us have dealt with losing a parent. They're having her service on Saturday. I really, really wish we could be there for them. It's just a no can do though.

Pretty sure there was something I specifically wanted to ask or tell ya...and for the life of me, I can't think of it now!!

Time fo-bed. See ya on the tomorrow!!