Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #1351
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Hey so how was the meeting? Did your car hold up today?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #1352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Yo Peeps!! TGIFridaaay!!

Ha!! Yes, love Tom's head bobbling along on the other folk!! So funny!! This reminds me...another funny past time, is the lip dubbing done on the politicians. Cracks me so far up!!

Yeppy yepp-yepp...all went real well yesterday, including the meeting and transportation. That being said...it was a very demanding day for me. Mentally...I felt over stretched. Mostly I reckon that was due in part to it being such a NON stop day...and because of having to be *ON*, hour after hour...with person after person. It was exhausting. There was one client in particular...I spent over 3 hours straight with...and that mouth of hers did not stop. I mean it...she didn't come up for air...just kept boppin' from one topic to the next. Shuuuuuush!! Whoa...overload!!

Another thing that came outta yesterday. The hours bossman would like from me...and what I originally offered, are very different. There's just so much work available...and then to add to that...there's also a heavy demand for respite coverage opportunities...given the holidays are fast approaching and some of the fam's are lookin' to get outta dodge. I'm rattled by even writing this...cause it looks like that unless I really scooch back from it...I'm in eye level deep.

Today I have just a bozillian things to do...workwise, and then there's homestead stuff. For crying out loud...I don't even remember when me last nappy was!!

What are the happs in Lotyville??
Old 11-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #1353
Blabbermouth!!!

Heeeellllloooo!!!! Well ML is dropped off to watch high school football in 30 something rainy weather....no thanks! So the kids and I are all just doing our own thing. I just wanted peace! I brought home one other girls from basketball so I will have to go out and take her home later, probably when I pick up ML but for the time being I am actually hiding in my room with the laptop I don't recall ever doing that. I am sure I have I just can't remember right now. Boy I sure wish I didn't have to go back out!!! I would be in jammies and the brassiere would be gone gone gone!

What did you have to do for work today? So are you able to work what you want or are you having to do what the bossman wants and take on more and more and more!? What were the terms when you started? How in the world do you get paid for something like this anyway?? Is it by the client or the hour? That would stink having to keep track of!!!
Oh the talker!!! Well your probably one of the few people that she comes in contact with so you just are getting everything she has to say all bundled up in a 3 hour sentence! Are you on this weekend?

Oh naps... I remember those fondly!! Doesn't look like tomorrow I will get one either! Here is my day tomorrow

8:30-9:30 A game
10-12 housework
12-pick up A friend for the night
2:30 G game
3:30 G game
5:00 out to dinner for A b-day with friend
Then we are going to go paint pottery instead of a party.

Well maybe from 1-2 I could take a half a nap.

I am so so so so so tired from Tom visiting and just constant stress at work. Its not like stressy stress, its more a feeling of pure overwhelm. Anxiety I suppose. Like I hate to be late to things it makes me pure cranky. And thats how I feel all day long, like I am just running late all day. Makes me nutty!

Ok I am off to find some britty show! Of coarse I don't have any pizza to go with it!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210
Old 11-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #1354
Blabbermouth!!!

Whoa something exciting must be happening at the game! I can hear the crowd going nuts from here! And we are almost 1 mile away
Old 11-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #1355
Blabbermouth!!!

this si the one I am watching...just in case you wanted to know!

Old 11-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #1356
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, 1 game down for the day. 2 to go Have I whined enough about how I loathe basketball yet???? Truly. Its so annoying!!!

So A's teacher is a complete and udder numbskull! Seriously! Controlling, hyper, but disorganized and chaotic. Its a super combo for a teacher!!! Anyway, A nor do we like her one bit. I declined a parent teacher conference. She must never have people do that she is flipping out. She has asked 3 times and I decline everytime. Well she caught me at the game today and was like *if you want to schedule we can do it by phone* I said nope I'm good, no need. She is like well its a good idea to have one. So I said *if you feel like you need one with us just say it* She still is fumbling her words and blah blah I think in the fall its a good idea....So I was like fine...all you had to do was say *youthe* wanted one. We do not think its necessary but if *you* do we will schedule something. Uhg she rubs me wrong!!! So this is all going down in
middle of a gym after the game today Her sons game happened to be the same time as ours so she had to run over and catch me

Jeeze......complain much do we???? I think I have me crankies on today!!!! I am going to straight up blame your good buddy Tom for this unreliable attitude I have today!! Its nothing a big fat steak and chocolate cake can't fix though!! Oh and a nap! Yea a nap would help a bunch!!! Sadly no time today for one

Whats going down today with you all? You a working stiff today or are you and Hunky playing today? Hey any word on if Biscuit got a home yet??

Last edited by lotus33; 11-09-2013 at 07:43 AM..
Old 11-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #1357
Blabbermouth!!!

LOLOLOL....just to be clear I saw the *youthe* typo and have decided to leave it. As I am complaining about a mumbling teacher I type that nonsense!!! I can't even decide what it was supposed to be so I left it for your viewing pleasure!
Old 11-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #1358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There's no more day, or energy left in this day, to be a chatting chatter that chats. Let's shoot for sleeps and follow up chats tomorrow.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #1359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A quick Ellow!!, as we're about to run outta the house & church it up.

Today will be filled with grocery choppin, salad preppin' for the week, light choring, and making contact with some clients, to arrange visits for the week.

What's the happs with the rest of yuz??
Old 11-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #1360
Blabbermouth!!!

How do you chop groceries???

We just did chores most of the day. Then took kids for a lovely walk to try to keep up on the Sunday get moving day. We were gone about 1:30 so that was a good walk!

Then oh boy oh boy....we watched the first of the Lord of the Rings For whatever reason the kids were totally into it...me...eh not so much! But hey at least is was a good solid 2 hrs of resting

Now just waiting on din din....I am trying a new recipe. Chicken parm meatloaf
Old 11-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #1361
Blabbermouth!!!

Eh....it was ok. Nothing super.

My gosh I am still cranky! I'm not usually cranky this long! Like I want to break things cranky Its been hard keeping it in check today!

We are just starting the movie The Heat. Its supposed to be super funny! The new chick at work lent it to me, it could be a total bust...shes crazy ya know
Old 11-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #1362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a blur this week/weekend have been. Like what the heck...it's really time to start the shenanigans all over again?! I haven't recovered in the slightest from the 1st round!! Whoa.
Well tomorrows adventure will involve meeting with another -new to me- client, and lots of driving to and fro. All & all, there will be 2 hr.'s worth of traveling between what it'll take me, round trip to reach her and the driving her & I will do together. All of this for a 3 hr. appt. Whatevv. I'm gonna take her out to some tennis courts and we'll play tennis and badminton for our get-ta-knowya stuff. Aside from her, there are 5 more clients I'll be attempting to connect with this week. So meeting with the eight clients a week, some more often than others...will be my goal. I shot off a note to bossman yesterday morning, explaining that given the heafty caseload, I don't see that I'll be able to offer respite hours, in addition to this current schedule. I suspect this will displease him greatly, as it seems he was really counting on me providing a good deal of respite coverage during these holidays coming up. Unfortunately, I am just not built to keep a pace like that, without crashin' in a hurry.

I totally hear ya on the crankies!! I don't have 'em right now. But boy do I know the feeling. I hope you're able to get some solid sleeps & rests and that things are moving towards a completion of your beauty parlor...and that you will feel all anew & refreshed. How are things coming along with the project??
Also, your note about feeling like you're running late to everything. Yes...fully Thunderstood. I hate that!! It's such a juggle, trying to keep things afloat in the homestead, while spending so much time running around in the world. Lots of things I'm having to really try to turn a blind eye to, here in the mansion...just cause I can't deal with them right now. Hunkie is certainly offering a lot of help, and I appreciate it immensely. It's still just a toughie to transition.
Your comment about the fun of the basketball games you're attending just cracked me up!! That's not easy, having to set bunches of time aside to offer support for something you couldn't care less about!! Oh, and then the teach who's trying to put together the conference!! Oh for crying out loud...she sounds obnoxious and fully irritating!!

Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year??
Old 11-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #1363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How is it that bossman read some of my emails to him...but not the one where I say NO to respite?? Instead of receiving a note back confirming my position on the matter, I get a CC'ed note from him to the clients, letting them know to go ahead & contact me directly to begin services, ASAP. How does this happen?! I've been with clients all day and so headachey all afternoon, that I've barely been able to give this whole sitch much thought.

What's going on with all yallz?!
Old 11-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #1364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Loteage, when are you looking to receive your mammage results back??
Old 11-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #1365
Blabbermouth!!!

Well...how convenient for the bossman to miss the *one* email that has all the pertinent respit info in it! He's clever that one!! Whats the family looking for? I would certainly nip this in the bud though for any future mishaps!!! Although once your accidentally offered up like that I guess you have to see this time through huh?

Well funny you should ask....got a phone call today that the mammy didnt show anything. Which doesn't surprise me. It didn't last year either but there is clearly something goin on. I see the doc on Wed so I will ask about it then. Did I tell you the horrid thing she said to me?? Thought maybe I should cut out caffeine! Clearly she has lost her mind!!! Said caffeine stimulates bones to rejuvenate at a faster rate than normal and can cause lumps. Oh for crying out loud!!! Guess I will be lumpy then I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, extreme sports...nothing!! I am not giving up caffeine too!

We had a bit of a shake down at work today. The big bossman called to talk to the bosslady. Said he wanted to tell her before all the other managers that we have a new regional manager and it will be our new boss. Which is all fine and dandy.....except he has been telling her that as soon as he creates a regional position in our area it is hers!!! poor bosslady is very upset! Not sure why she was not considered after years of filling her head with the notion, but whatever the reason is it doesn't fix her now

On other work front news, we separate the offices today. So now I am the big front office. Its actually nice. I want to paint and hang some different things up so make it more tolerable until we do the whole redo but for now it will work. Weird being separated from everyone though! I can't just chit chat with the bosslady whenever anymore Sometimes I have some highly entertaining things to say too! Nobody to tell now!

Oh and more work front news....well repeats of work front news. ML is still highly unhappy with me working....just putting that out there

Crankies are still in full swing too! So thats a good time! Well I was a little better tonight but at work I was not the most fun today! The new chick was full on annoying me and I snapped at her. I felt bad for a millisecond and then realized that people like her don't even register others emotions. Like a CT they just go about their way with disregard to others so then I didn't feel bad anymore! She probably didn't even know I did it! Well thats a lie...she knew it! She said I scare her! your darn tooting....now stop annoying me before I click the switch!!!

Last edited by lotus33; 11-11-2013 at 06:03 PM..
Old 11-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #1366
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh jeeze, SIL has hosted thanksgiving the last couple of years. We got out of it last year cause that was just before DB went spouting off at the mouth about her. The feuding was in full swing then. I would like to not do it again but suppose I have to bite the bullet sometime and be around him i suppose if I ever want to see the mini DB or mini SIL I better start behaving
Old 11-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #1367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm gonna pm you a note right now.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #1368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been goin' round & round about that earlier sitch...and that headache I had is just outta this world over it now. Just a bunch of ridiculousness.

Oh wow for bosslady. That is a really tough outcome...especially when she's been groomed for the position for so long. She must be beside herself. What a total let down!!

I bet that was quite a shock for the oblivious office mate...to have Lotyville unleash on her a smidge!! Oh if the poor thing only knew how it -could- go down!! She best behave!! Or the wrath will be known!!

Very cool that you've ended up with more spacious office digs!! I bet it's really nice to have room to move around, and to be able to consider how you'd like to decorate. I can certainly see where it's also a little tricky though, when you wanna share your brilliant wise crackings with others...and no one is around to enjoy it!! You poor deprived Girl!! Or was that depraved?

I feel illin'. Probably just too much drama for me for one day!!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:29 AM   #1369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!!

Things are off to a Good start!! I received a response from bossman early this morning, acknowledging me note, of NO wayz!! He & I are now on the same page. He says he didn't see the original note, before suggesting to the client that they contact me to make arrangements, and that he will handle things on that end. Whew!! Lord have mercy!! I thought my mind was gonna snap!!

Oh yeah, I meant to comment on the insanity of the -reduce or eliminate your caffeine intake-. I don't recall, I may have already mentioned this some time ago. Beings we both have tendencies towards senility...I guess it won't really matter if it's a repeat!! Neither of us will know!!
Anyhow...many moons ago, CT was having a heck of a time with all things related to Tom, and hormones. She had the worst of cramps and breast tenderness of anyone I've ever known. Back in the day...our whole households activities centered around avoiding scheduling any sort of life happenings around that time...as she was basically just in full agony. For as much of a loon as she is on different levels...she's not a wimp when it comes to physical pain. She was quite genuinely feeling like murder-death-kill was coming over her, each month. Her OB gal suggested that she try eliminating caffeine...in all forms & see if it made a difference. She did...and it did. It helped her tremendously. That's just all I'm willing to say on this subject, in order to pass along all info. that I know 1st/2nd hand. Otherwise...my position on the matter is...Give me a break...that ain't happening!! NO it isn't.

Each time I replay those words of yours...the "mini DB"...I just die all over again!! That's the funniest thing I've ever heard!! Will all of the preggers you're surrounded by be looking to know what they're having, as soon as possible...or are any of them planning to hold out for a surprise?

Today is juggle CT's car between 3 folk that have places to be & peeps to see kinda day. She has a dental appt. to run to, Hunkie can only be transported partially...and will have to hoof it home...and then I'm runnin' off to pack a client around for a couple hours later this afternoon. We're hoping to be able to pick up the Explorer at about 5pm. Fun!!

What's goin' down in Lotyville today?!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #1370
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my, just a quickie as I am super sleepy!

Heres a sneak peak of a half done bathroom wall The guys just left...I am heading to bed!

IMAG0476.jpg
Old 11-13-2013, 06:41 AM   #1371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!!

Today is lookin' to be a mish-mosh kinda day. I'll be throwin' me June hat on for much of the morning. Gottta get in front of some of these chores. My whole bed is covered with 2 or 3 loads of laundries. So!!

All the other blah-blah dailys are in need of my attention as well.

What really~really needs to happen, is that salad chow prep I spoke of dayzzz ago, in order that we can have quick access to healthier eats. Instead, we've just been kinda gettin' by with foods that are quick to assemble and require no thought/energy. Another words...they're more processed and just don't have much nutritional value. Example: Cheese Quesadilla/Hotdogs/Egg rolls/LC Ice Cream... See what I mean?! No Good!! Not to mention that it's skyrocketing my BS's and making me feel extra run down.

After throwin' some lunches at Hunkie, I'll be heading out to meet a client, for a couple hours. It's a -get to know ya- visit between her & I...and possibly her Mom too.

Oh yeah, we were in fact able to grab the Explorer last evening. Cha-Ching!! $$$!! The hope is that the Firebird will be turned loose to us within the next few days. At this rate, I think we're fully funding the mechanic, and all of his staffs and extended families Christmas experiences for this year. Whateverrrr.

I don't know how Wednesday managed to get here so quickly?! What are your plans with the day??
Old 11-13-2013, 06:53 AM   #1372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your Fancy shower...is indeed VERY Fancy!! I totally Love it!! It reminds me very much of a Spa I once worked at in California, at a super ritzy golf course resort (Silverado Country Club), where only the crustiest of celeb crusties frequent. I was hired on just as they were finishing up on the creation of the Spa. The showers just fully blew me away. Very luxurious/elegant. Yours has that -feel- to me...with those rich-warm brown tones.
Watch out...Loty's goin' *UP Town*!! Might have to chill out for a couple hours after each shower experience...just in order to chat with us common folk over here!!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #1373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

One more thought before I tear off to get this day underway. To round out the Spa experience in your new Fancy powder...I would like to suggest that some showers, some of the time, might include some background elements to enhance the experience. Such as...maybe some pumped in instrumental music...harp maybe...and some soft wispy classical. Also...to really ramp up the Spaness...some Lavender essential oil warming in the room would be Lovely!!
Old 11-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #1374
Blabbermouth!!!

Howdy all! I have a small bit of time so thought I would stop in and say

Such a busy day yesterday! Was fun though and A was happy! She wanted chicken parm and manicotti so that is what she got And then she saw some recipe for s'more cupcakes, they were ok. We used premade graham cracker mini pie crusts and cooked chocolate cake in them. For frosting just put 1 marshmallow on top and it melts and looks cute.

Oooh...fancy schmancy crusty spa bath!!! Funny!! Thats the basement bath ... ok aka Mr. Loty's office He is going to have some nice digs when its done!! I actually really like how its coming together!! I am wondering about using the same tile in main bath I really do like it, and bonus..... all the color variation and dark browns hide dirt super well!
I am totally up for the whole scented oil, long bath thing though!!! Yes! Win!

Ok lots to say but not lots o time! I have to run A to gymnastics and then to THD for more tile and supplies!

BBL!

Last edited by lotus33; 11-14-2013 at 03:19 PM..
Old 11-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #1375
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok let me just tell you about how nuts A's new gymnastics center is!!! We switched from a recreational type place to a training center....um whoa! Crazy with a capital C!!!! I was unimpressed and flipped the switch to half mast First of all it is an hour of pretty intense training and they are not allowed to get a drink. So I was unhappy about that. Second A is pretty tough but I was watching her and she has tears just running down her face. I was up on the second floor viewing area so couldnt ask what was wrong. Anyway the coach brings her up to me when class is over and is like *Hi I'm coach, Ava hurt herself today* So I am giving her the death glare and was like I see that. A is very tough so if she is crying she is actually hurt. If she is actually hurt she is to be let out of class do we understand each other? Coach's eyes got all wide and was like um yes...and ran away. Mama was NOT happy at all! Anyway A said they wouldn't let her go and asked me what was she supposed to do? I told her if she is hurt ever again to tap the top of her head and I will get her out of there. However told her she better be really hurt because if I have to go out and get her out of class its probably not going to be a good scene so you better not be crying wolf! But I think coach and I have an understanding now so I don't foresee that happening! ML is like its sports. What do you expect? So he is not my fave right now either!

The new regional boss came today too. She seems ok. It was just a meet and greet though, will see how things go from here. She is supposed to come up every Thurs. Don't see that happening for long though. Its a 2 hour drive for her. But maybe....who knows.

Oh I have been bad the last week at meal planning as well. Its really hard isn't it? I just have the worst time getting to a store anymore! It really does make life a lot easier when your prepared and ready for it but getting there is tough! I know tomorrow we are going to the next town over for dinner. The OOWH needs a saw back that he left here so we are meeting up with him. I should hold it hostage! I want him back!!!! I thought he would come back but its not looking that promising! Guess I will have to find time to do all the finish stuff on my own

Well lady....hope your day was fab! This one is going to call it quits for the night! I'm tired and apparently still testy so to sleep I go!
Old 11-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #1376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh holy canoli...I just wish there were more energies. So many items I wanna stay & chat about...yet the tireds are so outta control...it ain't even kinda funny!!

One thing before I head off though. You totally handled all things to do with that gymnastic coach just right. A is very fortunate to have such a terrific advocate as you are. Annnd, I very much would like to join in on last nights dinner & dessert. That sounds Super!!

Okay me palz...I'm out. Let's try again tomorrow!!
Old 11-15-2013, 06:31 AM   #1377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GoodMorning Peeps!! Yay for Happy Friday!! I thought it would never get here...and now that it is...I can hardly believe it's here already!!

Today I meet & greet with two more clients and their Mother, over lunch.
Tonight I'll be taking a client gal to a swim aerobics class. We're gonna get our fit and splash on!!

I'm gonna crock a big fat marina-tee roast, and add carrots, parsnips, and turnip in for the last couple hours, for dinn eats tonight.

More I wanna tell ya...but I gotta get my get on!!

I hope your day goes super swimmingly!!
Old 11-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #1378
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I sure hope your day went swimmingly as well! That was funny!!

Just spent the last hour ...oh wait 2 hrs reviewing insurance plans and policies It was not swimmingly fun! Worse coverage ..pay more....yay! Also went through and adjusted all the retirement blah blahs. I should probably keep up on that a little better! I only adjust things when its insurance enrollment time This is the first year it yelled at me that we are not on track At this rate we will not have the estimated 82,000 a year we will need to live Huh??? Well when we are old and retired if we haven't paid off everything to be able to live on far less than 82K a year then shame on us!!!! How in the hay do they come up with this??? I'm so confused! Retirement planning is not my forte!! Guess I was thinking you retire with no debt, no mortgage, some savings and about 30K a year and you would be more than fine. Anyway...since I am now offered insurance at work it lowered our overall insurance monthly payment by a little over 200 a month so I upped the investments a bit so that maybe next year I won't get yelled at!

But now...I must *retire* to bed! Big day ahead!

Nighty night!!!
Old 11-16-2013, 06:06 AM   #1379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well Good Morning!! So yay for weekend time!!

I slept so well last night!! Very solid sleeps!! I wonder if it were due to the little swim~spa fest yesterday evening.
That went well, and the client & I may wanna sprinkle that activity into our get together's in the future.

I'm feeling somewhat thrown off by it being the weekend, and not having to lend meself to anything work related for two days. I've already built my schedule of visits for next week, completed and submitted all my process notes/documentations...and have everything in place to roll out on Monday.
I reckon I just need to shelf the worky thoughts & focus on the homestead now.

Hunkage has zoomed off to clean the church this morning, and then he'll stay & enjoy breakie with the guys. It's their first Men's Bible study this season, and he's stokered for it to get underway.

I'd say you're doing a fantastic job with keeping your eyes on the fam's future safety net. You guys will be in Super shape because of it. So cool that you're in a spot where you can throw some extra bling on the investment side!!

I totally hear ya about the pay more, receive much less, in the way of the health care coverage. What a wreck of a health care system we have.
For as much time/consideration as the Hunk & I have given to our coverage options...it seems that we are not done yet. We've been given another option to weigh, against the others...so, maybe we can put this all behind us...in another month.

What's going down in Lotyvilled today?!
Old 11-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #1380
Blabbermouth!!!

Just sitting down to the movie now.... we had to watch a bit of football first

Oh this insurance is just such nonsense! We had to have it turned in by last night....so you know I just did it last night I do my best work under pressure Funny thing ML works for a huge company and the monthly premiums are so much more than what I am offered at my one man owned company Uhg...I don't get it! I will try my insurance for a year and then if the coverage is ok will think about switching the whole fams next year. It really is such a burden

I gotta do some online shopping for more supplies! BBL!
Closed Thread