Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #1321
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Yeah! You won't be gone all weekend!!!! And your can stay and play and not worry about it! Now its even more of a bummer that the Hunk can't go!

Uhg, your not kidding about upping the workload! Well its also partly because the new girl is just still soo soo awful with her professionalism! She is just nuts! And no sense of how to read people and their moods. She just runs through life with her blinders on and has no clue on how much she is irritating people! I don't get it! One of the guys at work who is just as mellow as can be lit her right up the other day! He was having some big personal issues and she was just being her obnoxious self. I had a customer at my desk, and she is being a dork and causing the worker guy so much grief he was yelling at her and she still wasn't getting it. I couldn't even hear what my person at my desk was saying and had to turn to her and tell her to stop. And her volume control! Everything she says or does is stupidly loud! To the point we can't function with her there. Seriously! So I think part of the plan is to let all of us have our own space so that we all have a space to work in peace.
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #1322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Well Golly...I just can't fathom how this girl friday is so danged clueless!! Like off the charts dense!! Wouldn't you think if you were getting heavy duty negative reactions from people, at some point you'd back yourself up & have to acknowledge to at least yourself---that you have some work to do...somewhere in your people skills and how you relate to others?? Her lack of ability to take personal inventory in this area is troubling. Irritating!! The person that was supposed to come in and offer relief is instead causing nuttin' but headaches and drama. Please pass the telly #, I'm gonna have to let her go.

Yeah, I'm gonna miss my Hunky a whole lot...and vise versa. Poor thing will most certainly have a very rough time over it all. I'm gonna do my best to hurry things along...but in all reality...I'll be at the mercy of the masses & from what I'm hearing...they're really looking forward to partying their tails off at this event.

Seems that I thought I needed another couple of shiny/sparkly lip glosses, another brown/black eye liner, and some BB foundation (by Rimmel). Why? Well, I don't have a good answer for that. I guess because I never feel like I find the perfect gloss...so I keep looking. And the other stuff...well it was near by the gloss.

Got a fresh coat of pretty pink polish on...so I guess I'm ready to get some more meet & greet on tomorrow!!

Speaking of tomorrow...I best hit the hay!! It's gonna come early!! So, I'll see on the return!! G'nightage!!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:49 AM   #1323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya!! And Good Morning to yuzz!!

Yes that is another coat of super glossy/shiny topcoat polish!! OOoOOooOh, fancy and wonderful!! It's early. I've been up coffee'ing, hittin' the extra high gloss polish, and planning me stops out, for the gallivanting that is set to go down after the workforce release. I'm hoping to hit Bed Bath & Beyond, Michael's crafts, and Costco. I'd originally wanted to also drop into Shopko & Kholls...but I reckon there will just not be enough day or energy for all that...seein' as how bossman wants to monopolize so much of the day. Plus I wanna be here when the Firebird gets it's wings.

So that's the planeroo!! Oh yeah, and this may not be the brightest move...and I'm fairly certain it's not...but I'll be experimenting with the new BB foundation this morning. I tested it over a layer of the moisturizer I wear, on my wrist...and I'm just hoping beyond hope that it layers well & assists in giving a flawless look, with maybe the appearance of a 20 lb weight loss to boot!! So just for clarification purposes...I don't normally wear foundation on me wrist. That was just to test the sitch out.

So it's Halloween today!! I hope there's lots of Fun to be had, as a condiment today!! If there are to be any piccys of this...feel free to share with the class.

Ketchup soon me friend!!
GirlKickinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:27 AM   #1324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Change O' plans. Bossman is horribly sickie and has rescheduled our meeting for next Thursday. This also effects the vehicle inspection of my car he was going to do for me after the meeting. Which may very well impact my ability to transport the client to the Halloween Party tomorrow, as well as any other client transportation/work that has been scheduled for the coming week. A serious domino effect indeed. As much as I don't want to burden him with the harsh realities while he's illin'...either I need this inspection to go down today...or we will all be forced into damage control.
I may just venture on into the next town & spend the day hittin' all the stores I'd originally wanted to.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #1325
Blabbermouth!!!

My goodness your about as lucky as I am with keeping plans on plan! Whatta switcheroo! Hows the firebird? Is it going to be done for tomorrow?

Sooooo....what did ya get on your adventures today?? How did the makeup hold up? I'm curious if you felt like a big grease ball by the end of the day.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #1326
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh thank you for taking out the trash for me!!!!! I will shoot the phone # right on over to you so that you can take care of that for us!!! Its been so nice the last few days with her gone! She is back tomorrow though!

Ok, I have to go to bed. Wanna know why? I will tell ya anyway! at 9 G asks if we have the duct tape she wanted to make a skirt Huh? First I am hearing of it! So ML ran to the store and I guess we are waking up before the sun and creating duct tape crafts!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #1327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, it's been a random kinda day, and most all that has gone down, was not planned. So, anti-planned day.

*I wrote those words (above)...hours ago. Since then, I've been eyeball deep in texts with fellow staffers...trying to coordinate the necessary vehicle inspection...so that I can transport the clients I'm scheduled to meet with. Hassle!! I'll be meeting with a fellow tomorrow, early afternoon, at a coffee joint...and treating for coffee ...in order to pull this together, and be able to get on with the Halloween festivities tomorrow night.

What's goin' on around here?!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #1328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh wow...that's quite the impromptu crafting project isn't it?! Yiker'z!! What a neat idea though!!

Ohhhh no, the Firebird will take a bit for the shop to get turned around for us. Thing is...it's mostly set up for racing, and is pretty radical in many ways. We all decided to postpone the pick up of it until tomorrow evening...as the shop owner was a little nervous, with loading the car onto the flatbed with little trick or treaters underfoot & all over the neighborhood. Good thinking on his part.

As for the haul from the gallivanting today...I picked up another pretty flower hair clip/pin , a pair of jeans that claim to "instantly slim" , a black hooded sweat jacket, an aqua hoody, a BBB hand lotion, and smelly diffuser type oil. The rest was all blah-blah groceries from Costco.

The yearly hand written signage that I post on the front door..."Sick Baby Sleeping-Please Do Not Disturb. Thank you."...is in effect & working it's magic.

Yes, you go get your sleeps now. I'm gonna wrap this party up too!!
See ya tomorrow!! Maybe I'll try to learn how to use the camera on the phoneage & share a costume shot.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #1329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Muh Peepages!!

So HAPPY FRIDAY!! I'm about to start in on gettin' me pretty (scary) look together. I could wait till much, much later this afternoon to get the costume action on...but why? Instead...I will roll around town lookin' all vampy...and just amp it up a bit before it's time to bail out. Plus, the outfit I'm wearing, wears a lot like a moomoo would...so it's very comfy and soft.
I've gotta bonsai outta here & hit the bank before meeting with the co-worker fellow, for coffee/auto inspection. I KNOW most all -real- business establishments take plastic...but I always feel very fretty about that...and prefer to just make sure I have cash. I once took my step-muth out for a mani treat, only to find out after services were provided that they only dealt with checks & cash. Sounds silly...but when I think of that sitchy...it still tilts me tummy.

Next on the agenda will be to hit some dailys, and bake cookies for the shop mechanic fellow & crew, that are coming to retrieve the Firebird this eve.

What are y'all doin' with your day?!

*Loter, how's the swampy~leaky roof sitch holden up this morning? Is it still raining?
Old 11-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #1330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoa man. I just saw some piccy's of one of our little foster girls, from way back, who's just had her own little kiddo. Trippy. This little gal Leslie was our 2nd foster...I think. It's been so many years now...obviously...if peeps are out makin' kids of their own now!! Anyhow, we were friends with her Grandparents, who were maybe 10 or so years older than us. Their daughter was quite the hell raiser & Leslie ended up in foster care. The Grandparents (our friends), both worked full time, plus, out side of the home...so they were'n't in a position to take on a toddler. I think this was just a short time after our first placement (who came to us as a starving 4mo. old ), was reunited with his bio parents...after they successfully completed parenting classes...and yada-yada's to appease the courts. Anyhow, like many of the troubled young mom's in the system do...Leslie's mother went on to pop out more kids...even while Leslie was in fostercare. Fast forward all of these years later...and while the family did continue to struggle for most of those years, for many reasons, they're a thriving-seemingly happy family today. Really neat to see a happy ending. Most of the time we never see the kids or their families ever again, and are not privy to the long term outcome.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #1331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, and I got me forgots on me...a couple times. The BB foundation. Well, it's pretty light coverage. It does a fair job evening out much of the reddy blochyness. But really, only fair...at best. It is however an improvement. I found that I have to be very light handed with the application, or it will just sit atop and wave to everyone. It worked real well with both my Luberderm moisturizer, and the powder/cornstarch cocktail I use. It stayed put all day, and thankfully did not invite any additional grease spills. It's pretty typical for me to have to take a tissue square and blot down to matte, at some point in the afternoon, and I had to yesterday with the BB as well. Nothing more than usual though.
So...because I have it...I will use it. However. I would really prefer a product with a little more flaw faking power.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #1332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ewww...getting ready to bail for the night. Gotta leave out a bit early to find this clients house in the dark. I'd wanted to get that nailed down while it was still daylight...but the day just didn't allow for it.

Got the Firebird shipped off with the mechanic this evening and loaded him up with cookies and a Thankyou card. He was over the moon.

Okay me chaps. I'm gonna go do this. Please transmit any extra energies you have, so as I might be able to stay awake for this ordeal.

Ketcha later!!
Old 11-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #1333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Chaps.

So Glad it's weekend time and soooooo Thankful that the respite job had been cancelled. I can clearly see now that the back to backness of it all would have surely sent me over the edge. As it is, I feel fully tore up from the late night last night, and am beginning to wonder if I've caught bossman's ick.

Overall...last nights venture, from my perspective, mostly bit. However, the client had a fun time.

What are you guys up to today??
Old 11-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #1334
Blabbermouth!!!

just had not 1 but 2 pinterest fail breakfasts!!!! Tried one and it was so bad we pitched it and moved on to another and could barely choke that down Toast it is!!

so much to catch up on and so little time Have a boat load to do this morn and then the girls and I are going to an Alton Brown show at 3. A is getting into cooking and wanted to go for a birthday present! Her b-day is the 13th but this is counting as a present!

Catcha laters!!!!
Old 11-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #1335
Blabbermouth!!!

Taking a little break and getting the menu for the week done before heading out! Looks like its an italian theme week! Not sure how that happened but it did. Oh and G is begging for corned beef sometime again soon! You created a monster!!
Old 11-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #1336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What?! How is it that you & Alton are all such chummy budz?! I've always liked him & his scientificy~funny ways. Rob does too!!. In fact I just told him about this adventure of yours...and he thought that was totally cool. So do spill...how is it that Alton's on your speed dial??
That is such a super cool Birthday prez too!! Very creative and an experience that will undoubtedly be treasured for many, many years!!

Oh yeah, yes to hookin' G up with the corned beef goodness!! You must'int deny your young!! I recall you saying that you thought you'd maybe enjoy it even more if it was to morph into a Rubin Goodie. THAT is how I wanna have it next time...now that you went & took me there.

An Italian themed week sounds outta this world to me!! I was just looking over a Artichoke~Spinach Lasagna recipe & thinking of tweakin' on it, so as to eliminate the noodle carbage. In the past I've used baked eggplant, steamed down zucchini, spinach and portobello mushrooms, as substitutes. Not all at once. The outcome was pretty good for each of them. The portobello ones were the best. The consistency however is nothing like REAL lasagna.

That's just awful about the double pinterest breakie doozies!! I'm curious what they were supposed to be?

So it would seem that I've acquired this cold of bossmans. I *thought* I was feeling it come on Friday night...while we were out at that karaoke nonsense...but it was tough to decipher, with as tired as I was...and my nerves all a frazzled anyhow. As the day moved along yesterday, and into the late evening...I was fairly certain that I had something a-brewing.
Well, yepp sho-enuff. Earrrly this morning much of me passive symptoms went loud & proud. Not Awesome!! This is all on the heels of bossman ranting about peeps staying home if they be sick. Oh really?? What was that again?? My heads clogged up & I can't quite hear whatcher saying!! Whatever.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #1337
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm ba~aack! My goodness what a whirlwind of a few days! First things first though....me poor little ninja is sick?? You feeling any better at all? How long are people down with it? NOT cool of the new boss man to share with you!

Hey how did the new skinny~ifying pants work out?

I am so glad you didn't have respit this weekend! Not only for the friday night fiasco but its also day light savings and whoa...its wreaking havoc on me today! It always takes me about a week to adjust!
Old 11-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #1338
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh yeah, me and Alton are buds! He has a live tour going on right now, I just checked there is nothing in your neck of the woods scheduled for now. It was fun but much different than I thought. More of a variety show than cooking demonstration But entertaining none the less. A had a blast!

This little beauty was fail number 1. Pumpkin pancakes. Gross and mushy inside! Couldn't even eat them!

2nd fail-gross and watery and just all around

Old 11-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #1339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my goodness...now that I can see what you were attempting in the kitchy this morning...I can really picture the grodiness you're referring to. Bleck!!
I'd have really thought that the pumpkin pancakes would have been fail safe!! What a cryin' shame!!

Nope, not feelin' a bit better. If this turns out to be a real full fledged cold, like I think it might...the irritation and mads will just be over the top.
I've spent much of the day sleeping, as I'm just running exhausted...scritchy/sore throat, sinus action and sneezing.

Ya know I haven't worn my skinny pants since I picked them up. I plan to tomorrow. I've gotta run CT to the next town over, as she's having dental surgery and will require transportation.

So cool that you guys got to hang with Alton!!
Old 11-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #1340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, I wanted to pass this along!! One of my mags suggested that oldies like me...(almost 39.5 yr.'s ), should not wear face powder, as it tends to set into the lines. Well, that's all I've been wearing since we moved here...like 2.5 years ago, with the exception of the last couple days with the BB foundation. Anyhow, *they* said to try mixing a bit of your reg. moisturizer and a bit of your liquid foundation, so it's like just a tinted moisturizer. Well...beings I was just hanging here today...I tried it. Suuuuuper light coverage. Probably would have been much more desirable if I'd started with a darker shade of foundation. Might have to try that. Anyhow...it worked out fairly well, especially for just around the homestead.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #1341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Muh Palz!!

So, it's another up & at 'em kinda mornin'. I'm feeling surprisingly well. Maybe from essentially sleeping the day away yesterday. In any case, I'll take it!!

The plan for the day is to pack CT down to the next town over, for a very sedated tooth extraction. She's supposed to pop a valume before we head out, and then they're lookin' to load her with other heavy dopes before they begin the process. Apparently she has a major root system entangling a wisdom tooth...so it's not at all a straight extraction. They're having to get the big guns out for the unraveling of the mess. Horrible!!

The nonsense from last Friday night will now carry over into this new week, as I have yet to be contacted to discuss the sitch. I'm trying to let it all float off me, as much as I can. However...I really like to have all things resolved as quickly as possible, in all matters...and to have situations drag about...IRRITATE me. Whatever...I'm gonna sport my instant weightloss jeans today.

So, what's the happs around here?!

*Oh yeah...I KNOW it takes Lotyville a while to adjust to the time change!! I remember hearing about it the last time...and maybe even the time before!! Clearly somebody is not a fan of the peeps wreckin' around with the time!! <---I bet it brings on the tic's just thinkin' about it!!
Old 11-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #1342
Blabbermouth!!!

Are you politely telling me I am starting to repeat myself like on old senile person?????

Yes, I hate time change!!!

hey one of my wisdom teeth was like that! I think they were wrapped around my jaw or some such nonsense! Shoot I was like 18 though! How did she manage this long?? I remember it hurting!! Course I may have been more wimpy then though too!

BBL.....I wanna get the floors vac'd and run a mop over the kitch before I settle for the night. Man coffee is a fabulous thing!
Old 11-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #1343
Blabbermouth!!!

Alright well the floors are all vac'd but mopping at 9:30 is just plain dumb! I decided against it!

I forgot to tell you that this weekend we had an impromptu dinner party surprise surprise huh?? Anyway I made a deliciouso pork loin We had the leftovers tonight and it was better than the first time!

The guys came over tonight and got the ceiling in. Started the walls, I was going to carry on with the wood panel theme. Its all cement wall in there and I thought they would just be able to glue it on. Nope. They are going to have to tile the whole room Which is fine, its just that I didn't want to sink much into this bath since it just the basement one But I guess its the only option right now

Phew....I gotta get to bed....that post just took me like 20 min!
Old 11-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #1344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yo muh Peeps!!

Lots to say, but I gotta run!! Who's stupid idea was this of taking on a worker-bee schedge?! Holy Canoli!!
Tell me it'll get easier, and I'll become accustomed to this UN-balanced way!! Never mind...I totally wouldn't buy it.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #1345
Blabbermouth!!!

I love you too much to lie right to your face! (I know how you feel about liars!!! )

I feel out of control most of the time! And behind the eight ball! It is getting a little better however its been over 3 months now and its just starting to get better!! I actually thing a lot of my nutso~ness is the construction zone! I am reaching my limit!

Me tummy is upset tonight! Maybe I am tired. Oh did I tell you I have a mammogram tomorrow???
Old 11-06-2013, 06:22 AM   #1346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

NO!! I don't think I knew that you had a mammy comin' so soon. So now it's today?! I hope it's a total cinch and you blow right thru it likes it's no biggie.

I bet you're right about the added frazzle coming from the construction zoneage. That fully makes sense.

Oh yeah...Good Morning!!

So, speaking of frazzled.... Seriously, there's so much going on...I'm mentally wrecked. Our car is acting up (in new ways ) and threatening to cause me big grief. I totally don't have time for this right now!! I'm heading out this morning to go work with a -new to me- client. I'm relying on the gps of the cell phone to get me to his home, in the next town over. Then we're to head over to a health shop that he volunteers at. Hopefully he has an idea of what he's supposed to do there...cause I sure don't!! Then we'll either grab lunch on the go...or I'll have to bonsai back up here to my town...and grab another client. We're winging this portion of things until we have more info. I'm unsure what the 2nd client & I will put together...but I'll need to figure something out...as that's my job...not his to come up with it. Third client will be lined up right after the 2nd. I'm taking her to that fitness/activity center that I popped into months ago...and we're going to see about taking a dance fitness class.

Anyhow I gotta get bustin' in order to kick this off in time!! Help!! I'll catch up with ya later!!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #1347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oooooh, had to shoot back here real quick!! When do you expect to have your mam results? Will that be today that they go over that with you...or is that a follow up appt. ?? Inquiring minds need to know these things!!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #1348
Blabbermouth!!!

Woohoo, finally sitting down for the night! I've got some laundries just starting so I will be up for one load at least.

What are you talking about???? You see more than 1 client a day? I guess I just don't know what to expect from this job of yours!! And you have to plan the outings? I'm so confused!!! Doesn't take much does it!? So how did all your activities pan out for the day? Are you expected to see that many every day? Do you see the same core group? I guess when you find out your going to have to fill me in!!

Whats the car doing now?? Of course it would do this when you not only need it but others are depending on it as well!

Oh yea I was pulled and poked and stretched and squeezed and smooshed and twisted really good today! Nope, won't know results till next week. The lady thought I was nuts! We just had a good ol time I think we will go out for dinner first next time
Old 11-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #1349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my Goodness!! I just KNOW you were a load of fun for the techie gal!! Was it awful-awful?? Did the gal give ya any kinda useful feedback during the smoosharoo? I hope your results come in quick and all of this can be put to rest. Did they run anything else on you I should know about??

Well, this day was just loaded. I ran to the next town over to meet with the 1st client fellow. I was with him for about 3 hours, ...kind of shadowing him at his volunteer job...offering praise when appropriate...and suggestions when necessary. Then, because I couldn't get an answer one way or another, as to whether the 2nd client could make our appt., I had to bonsai out to his work place...to attempt to make contact. Nope...he was a no show to work and to our appt., and would not answer his phone or return any calls. I eventually learned that he was okay, just not making himself available to anyone for the day.

That cancellation opened up just enough time for me to hit the homestead, have some coffee and an ice cream with the Hunkie and see the children.

Next was the last client for the day. We bopped over to the fitness area to check that out. It -may- be something we decide to pursue. I'm not a fan of the gal that was filling in for the dance instructor tonight. If she was to be the reg. instructor...I would not even consider it. Me no likey. No...not crazy about peeps that are over the moon over themselves. Get back jack!! Like stand down & stuff...please. Oh yeah, but the client was fully impressed. Doesn't take much!!
Afterwards we went to the swimming center, to inquire about their fitness classes. I think her & I may look to take a late evening class there...possibly this Friday.

Yeah...so this would easily be a regular worker beez typical day. The appts. between clients are just pretty well stacked back to back, with the exception of the travel time & you build in your lunch in there somewhere. I don't intend to load my days & weeks quite so full, as a norm. Some of what's taking place right now is just covering for a staffer fellow, who's asked for some days off around his Birthday.

As to the staff coming up with the plan O' action for the clients activities...that's built around their -Individual Support Plan- or ISP. What I do is come up with experiences that will help them reach their personal goals. Much of that surrounds community inclusion...tapping into resources they wouldn't normally have access to...assisting them in achieving various goals & such.
So, for the 1st fellow I met with today...his ultimate goal, in one area of life, is to become employable, earn his own monies & eventually set out on his own, from his folks. So, there comes the volunteer work, to prepare.

The last client gal, wants and needs to lose weight...so much of my focus will be to assist her in finding enjoyable physical activities, as well as honing in on what would constitute a healthy meal, and all that's involved in makin' those choices. BLAH_BLAH. That's some of me works.

That stupid engine light came on & off over the course of the whole day. The car goes back into the shop on Monday morning. Wonder if it'll make it that long?!

Tomorrow is gonna be all kinds of fun. Staff meeting is at 8am...on the far side of the town over. That's about a 30 min. drive right there. Couple hours of meeting, to include some discussion of last weekends document fiasco...and then onto clients.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #1350
Blabbermouth!!!

OMG! I know your going to know what I am talking about....I'm watching AFV and they just did the bit where they stick Tom's big head on other folks bodies and he makes those silly faces. I love that! So funny!!!