Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #1201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Look at this!!
From her sister:

Guess who woke up!!??!! Alicia is smiling, nodding, crossing her legs, blinking. Hospital just cancelled her hospice appointment! They say she has a long road ahead of her. So keep prayers coming for full recovery!!!!!! Thank you God and all of you! Your faith and strength amaze me!

THAT was close!! Praise God...he surely waited till the 11th hour to answer this prayer, but he has indeed blessed us with a miracle!!
Can you believe this?! Whoa.
GirlKickinIt is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #1202
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
OH I just can't even believe it! Really! How amazing!!! I really am just flabbergasted!! I sure hope she has a full recovery!

How nice that you support her with your avi too!!! Your alright ya know that??? Really!
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #1203
Blabbermouth!!!

Well looky at you showin off getting your yard all picked up this am!!! Good job! I should look into getting one of those can Oh I just took a pic of the porch for ya but will have to post later, my phone is plugged in the other room and yes I am that lazy that I am not getting it just now!

No! My jacket is not here yet!!! It did say it would be about 30 days but I thought they were lying!! Its still high 50's though so I am not even wearing a coat yet but pretty soon I am going to need one!

Ok the kids and I are running to home depot to pick some paint colors!

C~ya later!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210
Old 10-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #1204
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, I was so excited I couldn't wait for it to dry. What do you think of any or all of these colors?? They are actually brighter looking in real life. The pink is like a bright strawberry. Weird I didn't get a purple

IMAG0422.jpg

Front porch....nothing exciting
IMAG0421.jpg

Thought you would just love to see how people leave the apartments when they move out Just disgusts me!!!!
IMAG0405.jpg
Old 10-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #1205
Blabbermouth!!!

Did you know Biggest Loser started??? I recorded it, I didn't know it started.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #1206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm a fan of that pretty yellow!! I could see being happy about being immersed in that each day. It looks like Happy Sunshine!!

I Love your porch area and flowers and baby pumpkin!! It feels very inviting and Fall-ee.

Yes, shame on the folk that left the rental all tore up like that. Goodbye to any deposit!! Goodbye to good credit too?? Is that how it works? It looks like that room has potential for a LOT of natural lighting, with that big window sitchy there!! Love that!!

No, I didn't even think to wonder about when BL had started up again!! I'll have to see what's happening with those peeps!!

BRB
Old 10-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #1207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CT was over. That women is just so irritating!! I don't know how she stands herself?! Despicable and ridiculous!! And highly annoying.

I've lost my other thoughts now.

Let me get me mind back together. I'll be back.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #1208
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post

Let me get me mind back together. I'll be back.
I just don't have that kind of time! Come on back even with your mind gone!

What did cuckoo want tonight?? Hey you haven't mentioned Dad lately has he settled down?
Old 10-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #1209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No one thing in particular with CT this eve. Just everything!! Really, it's as if that women goes out of her way to try to bait me into giving her strong reactions. I just don't understand that kinda stuff. And then she just doesn't think a thing about attempting to have me do for her...all in the same breath.

As for my Dad...I've just kinda refrained from the ping pong emails a bit. It's certainly my turn to throw a note his direction. It's been maybe close to a month or so. It weighs on me, a lot...not being more willing to make myself available for calls or to be a more frequent emailer...and at the same time, I suppose I'm sparing myself his & his wifes self created dramas.
He's nothing like CT. Not manipulative. However, he creates a lot of angst, because he sees himself as some sort of old western vigil anti, and allows himself to fall into situations where in order for justice to be had...he's gotta *right the wrong*. The last doozy a while back was a sitch where I really felt he was going to eliminate the fellow that was in his path. Seriously.

Oh blah-blah...yeah it's a colorful bunch.

Ahhhhh, lookie now, I caught that little funny you made about it taking more time than you have!!

I've read so many Awesome updates on Leashy this afternoon/evening!! I can't hardly even stand it...I'm just totally tickled for her & their family. What a close call!! She seems to be really doing well, progressing... nd I'm feeling hopeful that with some time, she might just be able to put this whole nightmare behind her!!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #1210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't believe that your jacket is taking so long!! Boy, they weren't lying about it taking a century to get to you!! What, did they just hand craft it the moment an order is placed?! Geemaneeze!! Well surely it'll be in by the time you're in -real need-.
It's been really cold here lately. In the mornings it's been in the low to mid 20's. Then during the day it pops up to about low to mid 60's. With the sun shining, that actually feels pretty nice...much like a crisp Spring day. I've been really enjoying it!!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #1211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I haven't read thru the various Leashy posts this evening to know if this info has already been shared...but her Husband David was just saying that he & Leashy have been hugging, and sharing kisses. As in she's reaching around him to hug him, and kissing him back when he kisses her.

Wow...get a room!!
Old 10-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #1212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Evening time!!

We just returned from one of the Hunk's fave 2nd hand shops. He was contacted by the owner fellow a few days back, as he knows that Hunkie wants to be in the know for any stamp collections, or train stuff. Anyhow...they negotiated out a deal that they were both pleased as punch with, over a few very LARGE stamp collections. Somebody is stokered!!
I found a brand new sheet set for the bed.

I located a long lost pal of ours that we haven't been in contact with for probably nearly 15 years. He'd went into the Marines, and we moved out of state. I tracked him down on facebook, and sent off a friend request. I can't wait to visit with him & get him and the Hunk reconnected!! He was such a Good friend to us...Rob especially, as they also worked with one another in Security, and then later at a resort.

Buzzed around town today, hit the library and the market. Got in 3.7 recumbent miles this morning.

What's goin' on around here?!
Old 10-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #1213
Blabbermouth!!!

Hola! How goes it today???

I went upstairs to change clothes and might have just thought...oh I will lay down for just a second. That second lasted an hour and a half! Funny thing is I don't think I slept really, well I don't remember not being awake A said I was snoring though....I think she lies!! I slept so bad last night I was just so tired today! My back was really giving me a problem and I couldn't sleep because of it It was not a good time

Speaking of a good time.... Your Papa sounds fun!!! Thats a new and interesting personality to deal with!!! I'm a little jealous I don't have one of those in my family!

Hey my coat came today! Its going to have to be a goal coat Apparently this particular brand would have probably required me to buy a 3x just to be able to close it! Well I knew better than to buy a coat online! Shame on me! At least it was cheap!

Other than that not much to report, raining again...all day today, so no walking today.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #1214
Blabbermouth!!!

Wait....I forgot I started my day off super duper awesome!!! ML has Thursdays off so I was nice and stopped and got him a pop and dropped it off on my way to work. The lid wasn't on well and I dropped it in the council of the car. It landed just right and made the pop spray up and shoot at the roof and then back down onto me hair, me face, all me clothes and all over the seat!!!! I was wearing all white pants and shirt with a navy loty sweater. Yellow pop. I was going to change but thought ....ya know I don't care. If I look like I peed myself today so be it! Maybe folks will think I am special and leave me alone! It was not until I got to work that I realized me undies had been soaked as well. OOooOOooh fun! NO!
Old 10-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #1215
Blabbermouth!!!

Just amazing reading about Leashy. Truly! I have to run through the PG and see whats goin on with all the little off shoot threads

You know things like that make me want to like FB. It would be fun to connect with people like that! Just seems that the people on it when I had one were goofy! So I dropped it likes its hawt!

yeah on the stampy score! Everytime you mention it I am just as boggled as the first time! Makes me want a hobby too! Well if I had a hobby I might not have time to visit on here and I like that much much better!!!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #1216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!!

Just a quick . Feelin' rough with low bs this morning. I'm gonna try to muster some pretty, before the lunch hour. Big goals!!

Ketchup soon!!

What's happening around here?!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #1217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Peeps!!

Hilarious story about the yellow spraying pop all over the place!! That must have provided a nice little laugh for many folk in your life!! Loty is good comic relief!!

What's up with the jacket running sooo small?! Is it something that could be worn open, till it buttons, or not so much? Frustrating!!

Funny that we were just chattin' about me crazy Pa, and he ships an email over to me this evening. I've been having these wonderings about the mindset of his wife. I knew she wasn't happy with their new diggs, at all...and wondered if she'd adjust, but felt really strongly that she would not. His note confirmed that she's beside herself with resentment towards him for the whole sitchy and may not even remain there with him.
I feel like so much of the time the choices he makes have such clear as day consequences to them and it just boggles my mind that he doesn't seem them, and is fully surprised when things turn out the way they do. It's very painful to watch him line himself right up for another head-on, time & time again.

It took all me muster to handle the basics around this joint today, and get meself ready to bonsai outta here with the Hunk to the next town over. He wanted to eye ball the 2nd hand stores for more train goodies. I came across some beads that could be fun to work with, and he did indeed find a full on score on a whole train set, including the tracks...for only $5.

What was your day like?! What's the weekend have in store for it?!
Old 10-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #1218
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello peeps! Happy Sweetest Day!

Truth be told I think this day is a crock! I always forget it. But ML always remembers and then I feel like a turd cause I forget it every year! Oh well, I will make him a nice dinner tonight and redeem myself!

Today I am cleaning, have an eye appointment, have to run to Home Depot, get groceries and I want to fit in a bike ride or walk somewhere in there! I lost a bunch of time though already so I am going to have to hussle!

Have a great day!!!! See ya later!
Old 10-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #1219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya!!

Well it sounds like you've got a full day in front of ya!! I hope your plans to fit an adventure in there somewhere work out & that you do indeed get to have your outdoor recess time!!

So, The Sweetest Day. This is only the 2nd year that I recall noticing that my calendar mentions this day of crock celebration, and otherwise, I've never-ever heard of it...much less did I know that folks actually do anything to celebrate it. How can this be...and what is it?? This is like finding out that there was/is another Valentines Day...and maybe everybody but me knows about it?!

The Hunk found a medium sized young dog while at the church cleaning this morning. It looked as though someone abandoned it, in a fenced cyclone area of the church grounds. It was freezing, shaking, and the ribs were showing. It was super scared. Anyhow...Hunkie went into the kitchy of the church and grabbed him 5 buttermilk biscuits, and some chicky broth. The pup timidly gobbled it all up. We don't pack cell phones, and there wasn't one available at the church, so the Hunk hauled home. He couldn't reach anyone at the animal shelter, so he called the police. Oh yeah, I should say that he did try to round the pup up himself, but because it was cowering so much, and whining...he wasn't entirely sure that it wasn't injured in some way & didn't wanna hurt him any further if he was. Anyway...dispatch said they'd send someone right out. We couldn't wait though...not knowing how long they'd take to got tend to him. So we headed back down there to take him some chicky hotdogs and water. By the time we arrived, the police fellow was fixin' to load him up. My Hunk was near tears at this point, with both relief that the pup would be tended to, and sadness that it had to endure the cold, hunger and neglect.
Fast forward...we hit this little deli style restaurant up the road from us, at one of the golf resorts. We had happened upon a screamin' coupon we wanted to use, and had never been to the joint. Grrrreat paninie sandwiches is what we found, and yummy cafe lattes. While we were up there, the Hunk's emotions got the best of him, surrounding the whole pup ish, as we were chatting about it...and then you know, one thing led to another...and I became agreeable that we could consider taking this pup in...should no one come forward to claim him.
So, after lunch we headed over to the animal shelter, to inquire about their process for adopting...should he come available. It sounds like it would be at least nearly a week or more before we would know if that will be an option for this little person. Meanwhile...Hunkie has himself convinced that he's supposed to be this little guys Pa, and he wants to name the boy Biscuit...as that was the first foodie he fed him.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #1220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, in other news...we hit Wally this afternoon and I picked up a lip balm product called EOS. They have a handful of flaves. We chose Tangerine. MmMmmmmM, it smells super!! Mostly I wanted that one because it looks like a little baby orange/tangerine. Are you familiar with them??

While we were at the animal shelter I toured Rob around the parts I'd just recently became familiar with....from my short time there the other day with the co-worker staff and client. We popped into a room where there must have been 10 or 12 full grown kitties that were free to roam, and got to play/pet them. That was so fun!! Hunkie is still yay over that...having just mentioned how neat that was to spend time with them like that.

I happened upon a cool zebra striped brown-bronze/tan handbag~purse that came home with me today. OooOh, I'll show you a piccy!!

Next up, may be wondering about a couple of light chores, and another batch of chili. This time I'll make it with chunks of steaky, rather than ground burger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zebra purse.jpg (27.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #1221
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh that is so sweet!! Biscuit! Oh boy.....you may soon be crazy like me and have 3! I keep saying never again will I have that many and then something happens

Is this site acting goofy for you? I am having a really hard time with it!

Going to post this and then try for another
Old 10-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #1222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmm, I'll have to see if I notice any site issues.
I've been watching a library flick called "Body Language". It's all about detecting deception. Gotta stay on top of that nonsense!! Such interesting stuff!!

With this cooler weather has came a full on lack of moisture in me finger tips, and the results have been little splits/cuts right at the top corners of my little digits!! Horrible!! And so painful!! Especially when one has to use the fingernail polish remover to change the polish out...all in the name of pretty!! Anyway, they're all painted up lovely and lotioned too. This will take days of consistent applications of heavy duty lotions and salves, to turn this pain boat around.

What have you been up to?! Did you get to play around today?!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #1223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmornin'!!

Bout to head on out to take the kids on a field trip!! We're set to spin over to the pup park, then onto Petco for some of their goodies. The Hunk & I will probably pop into Wally as well, for some special footie inserts for him. He's tried all of the reasonably priced ones offered, and determined that they're all junk. Now we're goin' for the big guns. Dr. Scholls $50 inserts. That's as much as his Dr. Scholls shoes cost...that he's trying to outfit with these inserts!! Lame!! I think the whole thing is a racket.
I did spot a $10 off rebate coupon on line. Big whoop!! But we'll take it.

Okay, gotta bail!! I hope you're all havin' good afternoons!! We'll catch up in a bit!!
Old 10-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #1224
Blabbermouth!!!

So much to comment on....but I am thinking a nap is in order
Old 10-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #1225
Blabbermouth!!!

Well my little nap turned into an hour and a half!!! Good for me but late in the day for that long!

Ok, let me try and go through and catch all the things I wanted to chat about!

First, yes....Sweetest day is a total crock! I would suspect that Hallmark created it for a $$$ maker. I think because ML is in retail he knows about all these silly things but I would be just fine with leaving it out of the picture!

Oh I love love you new little purse too!! You guys got a bunch of fun scores while out the last few times! I think it may be time for an updated train room pic!!! What sort of new sheets did you find while you were out the other day? I am considering going to buy a flannel set for winter. ML is always so cold, he is already using the electric blanket. Well maybe thats because I leave the widow open

Yes I saw that EOS, its the kind in a little globe shape right? So you love them? I hardly use anything other than gloss. My goodness Your hands are that dry already!? That stinks!!! Are you using gloves when you clean? I noticed in the winter if I don't use gloves the combination of dry and cleaner will dry me out a lot.

So why did your Pop move his wife where she is so unhappy? That stinks! Is she going to move out? Does she have family far away that she is missing?
Old 10-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #1226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh naps. I was able to fit 2 mini naps in. The last one however was interrupted. Our neighbor bud came to the door, and the dogs had to yell & scream about it. Right on the heels of that was CT blowin' up our phone, calling to irritate me...oh I mean wanting to come over to get the kids for a walk.
She really makes me wish for the Kivorkian needle.

The chili is done, and edible. That may be all I'll give it though. The Hunk, wanting to make a contribution to the making of the chili...added a whole can of tomato paste...to thicken it up. Now that's all that can be tasted. So...Tomato and chunky texture soup/chowder.

BRB
Old 10-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #1227
Blabbermouth!!!

So is the Hunk happy with his feet inserts?? Do you have a foot massager? I got one a while back when my feet were super bad, it has infra red heat on it and spinny things. Its fab! Works wonders! Ya know you would probably like it too! I feel like it gets blood pumping to the feet....might just all be in me head though

OMG! I just lost this post! I found it!!!! I was so ticked that it just poofed away and I pushed the -> arrow up there at the top of the computer, like the forward button or something. And LOOKY here it is!!!! I am so happy!

Anyway....back to our regular program day now.... When ML was interviewing for his new position 2 years ago I bought a book on body language for him. He is a little dense on things LOL but the book really helped and we both learned a lot! He acts too *guy* ya know. So were able to at least for the time being make him act like he can function in society normally
Old 10-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #1228
Blabbermouth!!!

Yum...your chili sounds...um great???

Speaking of chili....I pulled a pinteresty thing and for lunch yesterday I made corn bread waffles and topped them with the bit of chili I had left and sour cream and cheese It was yum!

Today I prepped meals for the week. Its a busy week so I am trying to make life easier!

Monday at 5:30 G has an appt at a dematologist for her face and back, tues morn I have the scoot down Dr, Tue night the guys are coming to start the downstairs bath, Wed G has her first meeting of the Dr. Who club , Thurs night starts basketball yippee, and sometime this week A starts ball but I am not sure what night yet. So I NEEDED to have dinners done!

Oh and I really think I am going to have to end up going to the doc this week I am thinking that my BP is high. I can feel it beating. I don't want to go on meds, but until I get the weight off I guess it may have to be. Leashy got me worried about it now I never had high BP but the last few times I have been to the doc its been borderline, but for a while now I have been able to feel it beating .....thats not right
Old 10-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #1229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So the body lang book gave ML a little Metro edge?! So funny!! Gotta knock off some of that rough gruff guy stuff now & again.

Nope, no footie massager here. I guess maybe I don't know about them. I've had the foot baths before, with the infrared, and foot roller things in there. I couldn't appreciate them at the time though, because of the high blood sugars, it would make my feet feel a mixture of numbness and painful prickly burning sensations. Now that they're healed of that, from the keeping the bs lower...I've still got it in my head that I don't like that kinda stuff.
So is what you're referring to more of a cushion or a sock sitch?

Hunkie won't know about what the outcome of the inserts will be like till tomorrow, in his worky shoes. The gal at Wally register said that she wears them, and lovvvves them. She mentioned that it took her a good solid week to adjust to them...but wouldn't be without them since. Wally will allow returns up to 3o days after purchase of them. Between the in-store coupon of $10 and the rebate of $10, the'll end up being about $30. If they work...WONDERFUL!!

Speaking of work. When I last spoke to me flaky bossman on Wednesday morning...he said he'd shoot me an email, later THAT afternoon, with the location that he & I will meet at tomorrow. I'm due to be with him from 11am to 3pm. Where????? I don't know...cuzz the flake never emailed a location to meet at. I wonder when it'll occur to him. I reckon I'll break down & call him late tomorrow morning. Chasing after a full grown man like this irritates me...very much.

Gotta finish up on a load of laundries over here.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #1230
Blabbermouth!!!

This kid cracked me up! His parents are dance pros. It was on a show I was watching so I youtubed him