Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #1171
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Oh fantastic....a 2nd overtime!!! How lovely!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #1172
Blabbermouth!!!

Super duper.....3 overtime!!!
Old 10-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #1173
Blabbermouth!!!

zippity do da!!!! 4th OT

Oh the Loty house is on high alert right now! <<<<<lots of twitching goin on!
Old 10-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #1174
Blabbermouth!!!

Dogs are amazing.ML is getting all worked up and your not going to believe Buddy is trying to get him to settle down. He keeps walking over and trying to cuddle and just resting his head on ML knees....what a good boy.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #1175
Blabbermouth!!!

we lost
Old 10-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #1176
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I have done all the cleaning I care to for the day. Which wasn't much we just started a movie with Denzel We him!!1

Oh so the pool, well we have to drain the water below the skimmer line and then put some chlorine in it and winterize the pump. However the ph balance is all out of whack again and needs to be stabilized before the winter or it will wreck the liner
Old 10-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #1177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Wow!! Those games cause quite a stir and an uproar in the Lotyville mansion!! What a shame that your guys's fave team had a loss. Was it close at all?
Awwe, sweet Buddy trying to help calm his Pa down. A for effort to him for that!!

You know quite some years ago (maybe 30 yrs ago), CT was put on a long term/low grade antibiotic for the same thing. She wasn't happy with her results though.
It'll be interesting to see G's outcome. She must be excited and hopeful over it?! I recall having a heck of a time with it when I was probably about her age...especially on my forehead. So I'd wear my bangs really long...and heaven forbid if the wind caught them up & tossed them about!! That always just mortified me!!

Those AT&T commercials are just the funniest!! Like the one where the kid is talking about taping a cheetah to his Grandma's back, to make her faster..., or the girl who is trying to explain how more lesses are better.

Well holy canoly!! I have been given the low down on how to get the feet lotioned and the risks that one may run, if they're not careful!! Well, I'll have ya know...I'm rather overly paranoid about sitches that I'm pretty certain I don't have to worry about...but tend to prepare for them anyhow. So, it's a pretty rare occasion that I would go to bed, with the intention of a full nights sleep, in the buff. My mostly irrational concern is if there were a fire or break-in...I can't be wasting time trying to figure out clothing. Of course neither sitch has ever occurred, to us personally. Maybe I should re-think my position on this.
Oh but anyhow...that was the funniest description ever!!
I'm still just so boggled out by this twitching though!! I don't get it!! The feet twitch over it?? I think this is one of those things I just have to except, without understanding.
Yes, I think trying out some different style sockies would be really helpful here. Wait, are you sure you don't mean that you twirk, and it's not twitching at all?!

Friday, Dec. 5th , 2014 = 182.5

Friday, Dec. 12th , 2014 =
Old 10-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #1178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gosh, I didn't realize that the pool liner was so sensitive over the balance factor of the chems. What a process these things are!! But I sure am Glad that we gotta chance to play in it over the summer!! That was fun and I can't wait till it's time again!!

We like Denzel a lot too!!

So Rob & I have both been fightin' off headaches all afternoon/eve. He layed down just about an hour ago, but seems to think that he wants to get up & watch this Star Trek flick. There's not one smidge of Star Trek interest in me bones...so I guess I'll go throw the crockpot goods in.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #1179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

One of Leashy's friends just shared this, on facebook, of this old school piccy of Alisha and David meeting on the 1st day of that school year, 1995.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Leashy.jpg (26.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #1180
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh gosh, how sweet! Any other updates on there? Its been awful quiet today on here. When are they doing another brain check? Wouldn't you think if there has been no activity for this long it most likely wont come back? I don't know just seems impossible
Old 10-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #1181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, from what I'm gathering...they're not seeing the results they'd hoped for, at all. It seems that when she does open her eyes...she looks right thru those that are right in front of her.
If I understand right, they've only got until Monday for her to show some/any progress, before they'll need to make some big decisions.
There was some talk that she may have just went too long without oxygen getting to her brain, after her husband was awoken by her choking that Friday morning. He asked her if he should call 911 and she acknowledged that. That was the last time she communicated. They were hoping that backing that sedative down would allow her to come thru & show that she's still in there.
It doesn't sound good at all.

That chili smells good!! I think I'm just gonna let it roll on warm all night, and into tomorrow afternoon. I hope that works well. Just seems that low would be too high for that length of time.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #1182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, neato on your afternoon woods walk!! Yepp, I could see Buddy in the piccy!! So where is that at, from your house? Do lots of peeps walk out there? Would you feel comfortable walking out there alone? Are homes right near by? Very cool piccy!!
Old 10-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #1183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't think I've heard anything on when the next brain activity check is due to be done on her. Her husband did mention something about those checks not really being able to pinpoint the activity very well. I guess I'm kinda surprised by that. I'd have thought it was more clear cut than that.
Also, I thought I recalled that they didn't see any bleeding or swelling. So it makes me think that if it's not either of those, and IF it's not the sedation...which I still wonder about...then it would seem that we're talking full on injury/damage. I wouldn't think that sorta issue would resolve itself with any amount of time. That would have to be a big time regeneration...and I just don't think the brain does that.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #1184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This headache is just lingering, and gettin' the best of me. It's tryin' to head into gurgatron territory.
I'm gonna go throw meself to bed, and contemplate the lack of lotion connection to twitching.
See ya tomorrow!!
Old 10-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #1185
Blabbermouth!!!

Well Happy Sunday to all! Hey isn't this supposed to be a day of rest

My goodness we have been busting it out around here! Too much to even bother listing. But know this....I got up at 8 this morning and have been going ever since!!!! Can you believe that?? 8 on a weekend!!! I am taking a break waiting on some dinner to cook. Then I still have a bit of indoor chores to do and I cooked up a whole bunch of squash to freeze for the winter. Oh probably about 6 dozen of them!!! I will count when I peel them.

Also went back to the city forest and had another lovely walk! About an hour. There were a few horses on the trails today Well thats not something you run into every day!! Buddy didn't even pay any attention to them! I was worried cause he was off leash and whoa around the corner comes a couple horses!! Oh and to answer your ?? about it. The city forest is a 520 acre groomed trails, its about 4 miles from me.

So whats the happs around these parts today???

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207
Old 10-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #1186
Blabbermouth!!!

IMAG0386.jpg

Here is a pic of todays walk! Pretty with the sun huh?

Well I got pure sick of prepping squash for the night I did half and then stuck the rest in the fridge to do tomorrow

Hey hows the headaches today? All gone? How did the chili turn out keeping it on warm all night?? I bought the stuff to make it this week to. Tomorrow night I am trying a new pinterest find. Tomato and tortellini...sounds good
Old 10-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #1187
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh totally forgot to tell ya, got me pee wee bike out today. ML is going to get the tires pumped for me. Well on all our bikes. I told the girls we are doing some more activities around these parts! Plus the weather is perfect for outdoor activities! Better get out there while we can....you know whats around the corner!! Although we are considering maybe cross country skiis We need something that all of us can do in the winter. A has terrible lungs so it can't be super active, well and I am so out of shape its not like I can go out for a run either! But she just can't. I think the skiing we could go at her pace and be ok. Things to think about I guess.

Alrighty.....I am off to bed! G'night!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #1188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya!! OoooOoh, lookie at the Fall woods area!! THAT is soooo Cool!! That's an incredible amount of acreage for gallivanting!!
I'm surprised to hear that Buddy didn't take any ish with the horses?! He's obviously a very secure young man.
You know we had horses when I was kid. My very own 1st horse was a buckskin. I named him Little Britches. I'll try to remember to scan/upload a piccy to share.

So I guess I've never thought of prepping veggies for freezing. How are you storing them, so that they don't get frostbite?

The chili in the crock on low was a full on repeatable hit!! I tweaked the recipe a bit, by adding a pound of sausage. I browned it and a pound of angus and tossed it into the mix of all the other goods, plus added a bit of cinnamon. Who would have thought?! But it was soooo good!! Your tortellini plans sounds just sooooo Awesome!! I'd like my bowl to be paired up with a chunk of crusty-buttery garlic bread, please.

I made up a batch of hummus for the Hunkie, and it too turned out superb!!

So you were bizzy today, huh?! That part doesn't surprise me...but this nonsense of gettin' up & at 'em at 8am, on a weekend...WHAT?! You?! Try not to make a habit of that one, ok?! It's not real good for your mental health.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #1189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well look at you, getting everyone revved up to get their fitness on!! That's so Awesome that you're busting your Pee Wee bike out!! What a fun time for the fam!!
And your cross skiing ideas!! Wowzer, that sounds like a lot of adventure waiting to be had!! I've never been on ski's...so the whole notion is a tad overwhelming to me!! It seems like it would sure be great exercise!!
I'm gonna need to ponder your vigor for adding in the exercise/recess ideas...& see if I can't muster something over here. It'll be coming from a mostly -don't really wanna- place, but it should happen, none the less...and I'm sure it'll be grrrrrreat, once I start in.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #1190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! Happy Monday!!

Anybody know what I did with my box of Fall deco?! I've looked all over!! Well, in the places I wanted to look. I forgot to ask the Hunk. I'm pretty certain I'd had him pack it outta here into storage last year...so he'll likely know where it bee. So...no deco quite yet.

Today's focus is to rearrange our seating sitchy in the living room. Hunky is starting to wonder if the way he tends to sit in the recliner has much to do with his back ache/head ache sitch. So, we will try swapping out locations...which will require a monumental effort of also swapping out all the goods we each like to have within reach. It'll be a great opportunity for me to pull off some deep cleaning in the process of it all. I mean....

My chow, exercise efforts and dedication to me vitamins have been anything but stellar...and I've been paying the price, with both high bs, and feeling poorly. I'm very disappointed in my wiley ways and need to reverse course, immediately. So, Lotyville, your enthusiasm for all that is active & healthy...is most timely.

Also on the agenda is making bizz/insurance calls today. And reigning in my feelings of disdain for this latest employer who can't seem to be bothered to dial up my #. On that note...I've thrown me hat into what could end up being a *funner* type job, than these previous pursuits. I'm considering an opportunity at Jo Anns craft store. We have a brand new one down the road from us, that is due to open it's doors for the 1st time on Nov. 8th. Just a thought.

What's happening around here today?? I think today is the meeting between Leashy's fam and the hospital staff, to make some decisions.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #1191
Blabbermouth!!!

its almost bedtime! Pretty sad when you can't wait for that huh?? Oh well, Mondays are always sucky! Soup was a keeper It was paired with grilled cheese not garlic bread...sorry

Well...... Maybe your box of stuff is next to my box of stuff I haven't gotten mine out yet either Usually I have it done Oct 1st.....better do it this weekend!! I did get my front porch done so I suppose thats a step! Although I really only did the porch and usually I get all nuts.

Yes, we both need back on track! Well thats a lie...you were on track I was more looking at the track. But I really need to get serious! I do think I will make ML and I those doc appts we been putting off too! With all this Leashy stuff I think we better get checked out!

Its just unreal about the boss man not calling!!! I just can't believe it! Well one good thing about getting in on the new store, you will probably be able to get any shift you want! Hows it going at Robs work? Is he still thinking of part time?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #1192
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I suppose its time to call it a day!

I was checking one last time to see if there was any more news on Leashy. That poor man having to go through this ML and I talked about it some more yesterday and I told the boss lady to get a med directive since she is not married, I am not sure what say a boyfriend has

C~ya tomorrow!!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #1193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Long-Busy Bust a Move day!! I'm straight worn from it!!
I've rearranged this living room several times, reorganized each of our goodies about 3 times as many times, and deep cleaned every inch in here.
The end result is fan-tab-u-luss!! We're both very likey on the change, and the new sitting position is working wonders on the Hunks back/head.

As I suspected, the new bossman just let himself get overwhelmed with an over abundance of work, and let the days run away from him. He phoned today, and we are back on track. I'll meet with clients tomorrow, to observe. In any case, now that the baton has been passed from bizzy him, onto another...I think we may have something here. Even so, I will likely take an interview at the crafts place, if it's offered. I think that sounds like a fun type of job, and I would especially enjoy an opportunity to work it during the holidays, when everyone is a buzz, gettin' their ready on for the festivities. I love that kinda stuff!!

We took the kids in for the works today, at their Spa..."Doggie Style". I think that's just an awful name for a dog groomer place!! Horrible!! I can't tell ya how long I avoided contacting them, and going with other places, because of how put off I was/am about that name!! They offer the very best treatment to the kids though, out of anybody else we've taken them to.

The latest I read on Leashy is that the family has decided to take her home & have hospice come in. Their thinking is that Leashy would not want to remain in a hospital or care facility, but rather be home. The feeling is to let go and let God. They feel if she's meant to experience some sort of recovery...it's more likely to take place in her home, among the things she enjoys, with her family and her dog, and if she's not to recover, then she passes peacefully, with them all there.
I totally agree with their thinking on this...100%. What a tough road them to be traveling. My heart just aches for them.

That was very good advise to give the boss lady, about gettin' a DNR in place. Was she agreeable?
I'm Glad that you & ML are planning to move forward with your health checks too. As much of a drag as it is...just get in there...take the bull by the horns & get your questions answered.

I would be happy to take the grilled cheese in place of the garlic bread!! Yes!!

Has your cool jacket shown up yet?!

Maybe we need to see a piccy of the porch?? Yeah, I think we do!!

I just know there's was something else I wanted to ask or tell you!! Don't know.

For criminy sakes, it's past bedtime...and I still have a load of pre-bedtime things to do!!

Adios Amigos!! See ya tomorrow!!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #1194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Peeps!!

Up & at 'em this morning!! I've started back in on being much more mindful of my chow, and the effects are swift, Thankfully. The BS have already been reigned back in, and I feel well/stable...mostly.

This mornings time will be used for gettin' purty, choring and all those blasted bizz calls that I -was- planning for yesterday.
Later this afternoon I'll skip off for my little observation mission. I'm set to meet with another staff person and a client, at our local pet shelter, where they usually volunteer in the kitty section, to play with the cats for a couple hours each week. Going to the shelters tugs on me heart soooooo much, that it's absolutely a place that I avoid, when I have me rather's.
Also I'm going to see about arranging for the Humane Society Thrift shop to swing by this week & grab our recliner that Hunkie is feeling ill will towards, and no longer suits our current floor plan.

That's the scoopage here!!
What's going on with all y'allz?!

*Oh yeah, and it's only 24* here this morning!! Brrrrr!!
Old 10-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #1195
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello peepers!

Oh my, I can't wait to see what went on at the meet and greet!!! Oh I know.....working at the shelter would be so sad! I would most likely come home with a friend!

Doggie style!!!! I would think that up too but would know not to use it!!!! Names are important!!! Thats a rough one though!

BRB
Old 10-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #1196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heya!!

Meet & greet went superb!! I enjoyed both the other staffer, and the client, very much. I will likely only ever see the other staffer in passing, and in monthly staff meetings. The client on the other hand, is someone I may be working with every week. The shelter experience itself, visiting with the kitties...went absolutely 100% better for me than I'd expected. I had only ever been to that shelter once/twice, back when CT & I took Max in to be fixed, and then found out from the doc that he'd already been fixed. Anyhow, I hadn't realized that their sitchy for their kitties was so Awesome...so I was expecting to be feeling badly for them. That was totally needless. Those kitties have the Hilton set up & people givin' them all kinds of attention. It was actually a really sweet experience for me and I'm so Glad I got an opportunity to visit their set up.
So, when I speak with bossman tomorrow morning...I will give him a full on green light to throw me into the schedule.

Feels so much like a Spring day here this afternoon!! I love that!! I allllmost wanna get me bike out....'cept that I'm having a nice time just loungin' with the fam on the couch.

What's your day been like?!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #1197
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh yeah!!!! I'm soooo happy that it looks like it will work out!!! How fun to get to go do outings and get paid for it!!! I suppose the hours should be pretty alright as well huh??

Well we have spring right now too! Spring showers that is So annoying! I was all set to take a nice walk after dinner and whappo....started to rain! Actually I wanted to take a bike ride today but oh well
Old 10-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #1198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We just popped out to go look at an old 70's beater pick up truck. Hunkage has been wantin' another one so as to be able to get loads of gravel, big rocks...landscapy type stuff. So...we're thinkin' on it. We've always had one, up until moving here, when we decided that this property just wouldn't warrant us needing one. Well we weren't right about that. Cuzz now we have all these ideas about what we'd like to do....landscape wise...and then run into delivery issues. My old pick up is just not cut out for that sorta stuff. So we be on the look out.

Oh, rain for you, huh?! Yeah, that's not much fun to walk or bike in!!
Did your jacket come in yet??
Old 10-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #1199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Wednesday!!

The 1st priority of the morning is to strip the couch cushions, for an impromptu power cleaning. Our little buckin' bronco Ace was allowed to stay snuzzled into a batch of blankets on the couch last night, when we all went to bed, rather than sleeping in his regular bed, in our bedroom. Annnd neither of his delinquent parents bothered to make him go potty before turning in. So...after making breakie, I sat down on the couch and pulled the blanket over my lap and low & behold...discovered a wet cushion and a wet blanket.
Thankfully it seems the majority was taken up by the blanket, and the cushion covers zip right off. Well, might as well wash them all now!!

So whatcha all up to today?!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #1200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, yes that was me out there bustin' my hiney to get that yard waste container filled!! I was feeling guilty about it sittin' out there all empty on pick up day...and thought...well, I probably won't be able to add much to it...but I should put whatever I can in there. I ended up not only filling that beast to above the brim...but I've created a massive pile of tree limbs, for the next fill.

<---Winning the yard tidy game!!
Closed Thread