Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 06:45 AM   #1141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Oh yeah, and verily~verily, I say unto thee...I do believe that this recipe is going to make the cut onto the grocery list. Hunkorama has been droppin' some not so subtle hints about havin' the crave for some chilli. Maybe I can whip it up in the crock over the weekend & make all of the dreams comes true!!

Dottie's Texas Chili

1 pound ground beef (you can double the meat)
1 large yellow onion – diced
1 (14.5 ounce) can cut diced tomatoes
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
1 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Optional: 1 (15 ounce) can black soy beans –drained and rinsed well.
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Sour Cream

Brown ground beef and onions, breaking up well. Drain well.
Add spices and continue to cook and blend well.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes or until reduced slightly.
Add beans (if using) in the last 10 minutes, just long enough to heat through. Black soy beans have a softer texture than pinto beans and will break down faster.
Add water or more broth if necessary.
Serve hot with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #1142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Naty!! I spotted this little # over on pinterest & thought you might enjoy it!! CUTE!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Naty piccy.jpg (27.3 KB, 2 views)
GirlKickinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #1143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
The hard horrible truth..

ok so yesterday about 11am my sister is home with us.. as we all knew THat so called David Paul was bad news .. she kept saying everything was ok and they were living in NY, however the one incident before yesterday ...where he slammed her hand into the door wouldn't let her leave the house was screaming in her face like always what they seem to do is argue and fight and was first time got physical that her hand was bloody and bruised from the palm to the back.. no broken bones ..THANK GOD! but man we knew it he was having her take care of his mother an elderly lady who they took with them to live this instead being in retirement place. Now shes going up wiht my mom and the police will be there to get her clothese and stuff and return the engagement rings( all 2)

He even does this to his elderly mother scream and such at her

well i know its gonna be tough she barely eats crys al time. and cause she loves him still but hes a depressed angry insecure guy.

she is with him 24/7 and he thinks shes cheating.
she got rig that phone cause its got a chip to track every call and such.
he calls her the investment

well glad she finally not going back. almost a year and going through that.

I just hate how she always puts the family and I like 2nd when a guy is in her life for one day they are more importatnt then us.

plus she only calls my mom when she lp like this for instance but anything else she never calls to say hi or i love u .

this 4th time my mom helped her and of course everytime she asked for her opinion she never takes it and winds up in trouble..hmmm
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #1144
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Oh Naty I sure do hope she takes this seriously this time! It is really affecting her personal safety now and it is so so scary

I do understand your frustration with her leaving you out of her life though. One day maybe she will have enough self worth to know what she wants in life and not let others dictate what and who she keeps in her life
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #1145
Blabbermouth!!!

So much sadness on here tonight I really fear the world will not have Leashy much longer. It sure is looking grim
Old 10-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #1146
Blabbermouth!!!

Mmmmm.....chili Thats a fall fav around these parts as well! I sort of cheat though I just use a couple of cans of Bush's chili started beans Its good though!

The kids are off tomorrow but I have to take G in for a Dr. appt at 8:30. Then they will be coming into work for the afternoon, I sent out a notice that since the kids are off I would play Despicable Me in the clubhouse so the kids can come in and watch. I am going to make my girls in charge of popcorn!

ML and I went for a nice walk tonight, it was beautiful out. It was dark but the weather was great and we fixed a big ol coffee mug and just took a nice stroll

Other than that not much to report from over on this side of the world!

Whats the happs with you all?
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #1147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey y'all!!

Awwwe Naty, that's awful about the abuse your sister has endured, at the hand of someone she's cared so much for. What a shame that the relationship went so far south. I hope she'll take this opportunity to really embrace her opportunity to heal & grow herself emotionally, so as not to fall back into another abusive relationship. And hugs to you & your Mom. Being sidelined for some jerk is just not any fun. You two are good peeps to accept your sis back in with open arms & help her get herself together.

Loty, I hear ya. I sadly feel the same about the direction it looks that things are going with Leashy. What a devastating time for their family...regardless of the outcome. It breaks my heart & makes me feel just sick about it all. And horrified!! It's horrifying!! She was just chattin' with everyone here a few days back and seemingly thriving in her everyday life!!

BRB
Old 10-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #1148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The romantic Loty walk sounds just devine!! That's really such a nice little visual. I can imagine it!!

Is G's Dr. appt., just a routine well baby type check up?
The rest of the day for the Little's sounds like a blast!! Like a laid back little loungie party!! Great way to handle their *time off*, give other parents a break, and offer yours a little opportunity to oversee/manage the event, with supervision very near by for back up. Excellent plan!!

I should look into this Bush's chili starter beans you speak of!! I reckon they'd be all flaved up just right, already. Easy peasyness!!

So...we went & picked up our car this afternoon. Immediately I notice that the thermostat gauge is reading HOT & getting Hotter. And I can smell the heat from the radiator. This wasn't something the mechanic had touched during the repair. So, we headed it back down to the shop. The fellow was apologetic that he hadn't caught the ish, and suggested that we leave the car overnight, as he was gonna need to tear into it pretty far, to reach the thermostat. He gave us his own car for the interim.
We were able to get most of our running around done this evening...and then I noticed it...while at the bank...I was still wearing my slippers. My flashy zebra striped slippers. Rob hadn't noticed it either. When I pointed it out to him, he nearly busted a gut laughing, and suggested I was totally primed to hit Walmart.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #1149
Blabbermouth!!!

What?!?! What?!?! You ran lots of errands and didn't notice????? Thats the best thing I have heard all week!!!!! Oh my gosh you really should have gone to Wally World!!!!

NOT a fan of the car thing though!
Old 10-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #1150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YES , I had been to the mechanics shop, the post office, and the library, before looking down, while IN the bank...and seeing these offenders...actively offending!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zebra slippers.jpg (51.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #1151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Clearly they do not belong out in public!!
You know what though, I'd put a pair of those inserts, like I'd passed along to you, in them. And while I wasn't pleased with their feel in my shoes...they're the bomb diggety in me slippers!!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #1152
Blabbermouth!!!

Ahhh ha ha ha....I it! I just love when something funny happens!!! BTW your ankles are looking mighty tiny!!! Is that a little ink I see???

I actually did the same thing with the inserts. Actually now that you mention it me feets are feeling much better!!! Maybe the inserts, maybe the night brace thing I was wearin there for a bit either way, they are doing much better! Not 100% but a good solid 83.5%

OK I gots to put meself to bed! I know I am getting tired because I am getting twitchy weird huh? Oh another fun fact...I can't sleep if I don't have lotion on me feet if my feet feel dry at all I twitch and freak out Oh my gosh.....thats sounds all sorts of weird when spelled out!

night!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #1153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm sure I don't understand that one in the least bit...but it's the funniest thing I can imagine!! Goin' into a fit and twitching because of not having lotion on the feet, at night?! Wait...I think we have a good emo for this sitch!! Look, it's Loty twitchin', due to the lack of night time footie lotion --->
You ARE all kinds of special, me fren!!
And twitching because of gettin' overtired. I've never heard of such a thing. Has that always been the case? You're a fun one!!

That is so interesting about your feets feeling better. That's Great news!! Am I understanding right, and someone is not using their little brace anymore at night?? Is this because it gets in the way of the lotion?!

Yeah, just a little inky. Me ankles have always been on the smaller side. From the knees down, I'm in pretty good shape!!

Okay, I'm gonna tear off for bed early. Tom is hittin' me up for an early drop in. I'm gonna go track down some of that anti-twitch!!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #1154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
thankyou both,
it is super sad, and I know i'm trying not to get involved because it always ends up stressing me out and worrying and just I've been through it too much. I want to stay happy and clear minded, however at same time i can't stop the worrying ..I do love her, even if she doesn't always put the family and her twin sister first, in her life.

I just do hope she remembers that we have her back and this horrible thing that occured will pass. I think her only problem is that she loves him and at 6pm knowning they left to NY at 10am . she got her stuff with the police there and mentioned he was crying. Now its almost 1am and they should be home probably 10mins or so.

I never knew how long it would take them, almost feared they got hurt cause how icky it is raining and heavy winds all day and be like this tomorrow and i think into the weekend.

I just glad she is safe and nothing more happened
better head back to bed, thanks to you both for being so kind and caring

talk to you all later
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #1155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!!

MmMmmM...yes, that is corned beefy on the stove that you smell. Love how it permeates the whole homestead with at-home yummeliciousness. It's very warming for the soul.

I've been busy sparkling the mansion all morning, and knocking out tasks. Devoting any real time to spruce meself...could not be fit in. Nope, just sportin' my haggardness, until after lunches. Then I must pull it together, so as to be ready to bust outta here to hit more errands and hopefully pick up the car.

I've pulled out the doc's that the Hunk & I need to sign for power of attorney, dnr, and other will junk. I think we'll make a point to sift thru it all & start throwin' some ink on it.

Naty , you're involved in an emotionally charged/trying time of your sister's. Remind yourself that no amount of worrying you can do, will ease things for her. You showing her how to take good care of herself, by you doing the same...will be much more profitable...for both of you.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #1156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I kept bizz--ee around here all day...and let the pretties get away from me...entirely. Now I hear from the Hunk that he wonders where we should go chow tonight?! Lovely!! Shall I just sport me zebra slippers too?!

We were able to retrieve the car this afternoon, and do you know that the mechanic refused to accept payment for the job!! Rob insisted on paying, if only for the cost of the thermostat...if nothing else. The fellow flat out refused and said he was just glad that it was all put back together & working well. I know he felt badly for not spotting the issue in the first place...but really I wouldn't have expected him to take on the cost of the parts and labor over it!! You know what that means?! Somebody's shop is gonna inherit a batch of loaded choco chip cookies and a mushy Thankie card.

Ok, gotta run outta here...but wanted to add one more thought. I understand that Leashy has had a trach installed, with the hopes that she'll be less aggravated by the vent tube going down her throat. Because of her level of aggravation with that thing over the past few days, it sounds like the hospital staff has been concerned with her biting into that vent, and therefore they've kept her heavily doped up to combat that. Ummmmm, seems pretty reasonable to me to think that if you dope someone sooooo heavily...you can't really then go onto expect them to get wakey & perform for ya!! Anyway...maybe there's still hope, now that they've made a way to dial down those doses on her.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #1157
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes this Leashy thing really has me in a twit! I think we will get on that this week as well. I also have been wanting MIL to get a med directive in place for some time.

oh I can't keep me eyes open and yet lots to say will have to chat tomorrow!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #1158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So we ran out to the market & just grabbed some loaded burrito makings. YUM!! Then followed up with another market stop, as the Hunk is ready to get some party on tonight & wanted ice cream. We just made a fresh pot O' caffe...so I reckon we'll party on for a bit, before crashin'.
He's reselling some train items that he has no use for on ebay, and makin' out like a bandit...therefore he's stoked & jacked up about it all. He has a few more items that are due to close out this eve, and they've already surpassed his hopes...so somebody is Happy!! I reckon that's the why & how come for the hoorah tonight.

Ewww, so many interruptions since I started this note!!

I've lost me thoughts!!

Ohwell, more tomorrow!! Hope your night is filled with super slumbery dreams & much rest!! Oh yeah, and foot lotion...so as to be anti --->
Old 10-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #1159
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning! Its great to feel human again!!! Man I was pooped yesterday! I was a thousand miles and hour all day!

I was so twitchy I had to pull out the big guns for the feets! Straight up vasoline~ed those puppies last night

One totally awesome thing about yesterday....I had ordered a jewelry lot from ebay. You didn't get to pick what you got but it was 25 necklace and earing sets for $38!!

Looky!!!!!

IMAG0379.jpg
Old 10-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #1160
Blabbermouth!!!

How did the corned beef turn out? I have never made that. What did you do?

So wait...you made delicious beef and then went out to eat? You just wanted to sport the zebra slippys one more time hey??? Seems to me slippers and burritos should go hand in hand!

Good for the hunk for reselling!!! That is very mature! I know a person here that would hoard....just in case we might need it in the future

I am thinking chili tonight, you got me wanting some! Eh....we will see. Got a few errands to run today. I would need to hit the grocery store for that and not sure that will make the cut today.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #1161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmoring!!

The way I feel this morning will be best explained by photos.
I feel this way due to Tom and the lack of shower.
BRB with additional words...but surely no wisdom!!
Attached Images
File Type: png me and danny.png (73.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Sexy.jpg (62.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #1162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OoOOooh!! That's gonna be soooooo much Fun to rip into your goodie bag of jewelry when it arrives!! What a neato find!! I imagine the Little's are gonna wanna be a part of the party & beneficiaries if there's to be any dispensing!!

Oh my, having to go there with the Vasoline IS the Big artillery, indeed!! Do you have nighttime socks dedicated specifically to be used for the lotion/vas purposes? Because of -somebody's- tendencies towards purchasing large...such as a buy in of SIXTEEN kitchy hand towels ...I kinda imagine this might be another one of those kinda areas for a certain someone.
I do use different socks for that sorta purpose meself. I like just the little bootie type socks for overnight use.
Oh this reminds me...still lovin' on that qvc *Emjoy* footie smoother product. Yes, it does exactly all that one would hope that it would. It's highly effective, and to run thru for heel maintenance takes just a smidgy couple minutes.

The ish of the corned beef and you having never made it before is blowing me mind...much like you not having any relationship with Pappa Murphy!! The corned beef that we buy is either usually pre-seasoned...which is just outstanding...or it'll come with a little flave pack of the premix seasonings. So there's really no skill or thinking to it. I just pop the boy into a stock pot, along with his seasonings, fill the pot up to about 2 inches over him, boil, and then simmer for a couple hours. Sometimes I'll add a batch of raw cabbage to the top of the pot, towards maybe the last hour or so of the cooking. It smells just devine and taste so flavorful and hearty. Sometimes Rob will dab a bit of mustard on it, as he likes that tang contrast. Oh yeah, and on occasion I cook 'em up in the crockpot on low all day.

So...I've got the grocery list made up, plenty of time, and reliable transport...but no get up go. The day is still young...I'll get to that task later. Meanwhile, it may take me half a day to find pretty under all this hideousness!! But that's what I'm gonna work on...and choring.

What kinda trouble are you plannin' for your day?!
Old 10-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #1163
Blabbermouth!!!

OH no I have it already!! That pic was what I got!! Now I jut need to make one of your fancy earring holders!! (or two!)

Whew.....well the girls and I ran to the mall, both of them had eye appointments, G needed new glasses but A was ok. Then we had to go buy socks and undies for both. Oh and speaking of socks.....no socks for me! I just can't sleep with them on I think cause I am so hot blooded I just overheat with them on! Then we got the pool water tested again. We are FINALLY good to close it down! Ran to the beauty supply for some hair dye, went looking at another store for hiking boots, and finally......the grocery store. I got a corned beef so I can be in the know too!!! Its on the stove as we speak! I had a cabbage at the house already so just got a bag of carrots to go with it as well. So more or less the same thing when we have boiled dinner, just not with a ham with corned beef.

Alright I have just enough time to take a small siesta before dinner ML just got home so he is up for a nap too!
Old 10-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #1164
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey before I go.....are you feeling less *ogre~like* yet???
Old 10-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #1165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, the fancy earring holders are the best, for the earrings. However, for necklaces, I'm enjoying a large, pretty framed cork board, with knobby push pens.
That's so cool that you already have your haul of jewelries!! Are you pleased with the majority of the sets they put together for you?

So did G pick out new frames? Does A not wear glasses at all, or just doesn't need a new set right now?
I'm still so happy as a clam with my new 4 eyes, that I haven't worn my contacts even once since I got these glasses.

When you put your anti on your feets at night, you're not putting sockies on too?! How can this be?! Doesn't your product end up all over your sheets?! Especially with the vas?! You must have this technique perfected!!

So what will be involved in the closing down of your pool? We still have to officially close shop on ours too.

What did you go with for your hair color? And your hiking boots!! Are they for looks, or are you gonna start treckin' up mountain tops?!

Yes to the addition of the cabbage and carrots to your corned beef goodness!! Was the meaty already seasoned or did you have to pour the little seasoning packet over the top? We just finished the last of ours up this afternoon for lunches. Sooooo Good!!

I've got emo~fear. I'll brb w/more!!
Old 10-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #1166
Blabbermouth!!!

well the fams all liked the corned beef! I actually would have loved it on a toasted rye with sauerkraut and thousand island next time!

Took a fantastic walk through the woods tonight, just A and Buddy and me. We walked about an hour.

It was a gloomy day so the pics are not good, we are going tomorrow also so will try to get good ones then! If you look you can see Buddy there by the tree

IMAG0383.jpg
Old 10-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #1167
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh yeah we all wear glasses....what a bunch of nerds! Actually she was only eligible for lens and A didn't need anything. I have to go on Sat next week for an exam so I can get new contacts

OK....try to keep up with this explanation cause its gonna get weird!

To apply any sort of anti to the feet requires already being ready for bed, pottied, powdered, teeth, face, hair, the whole shebang because once you do this you can't get out of bed until it is soaked in! Then you sit on the edge of the bed side saddle style so that one foot is easy to reach whilst the other is dangling but not so that it hits the floor. Very important. Lotion up the easy to reach foot. Now this is where it gets a little tricky. Without the use of hands (because they are covered in lotion) you must jiggle and twist so that you are riding side saddle the other way so that the other foot is within reach and the lotioned one has not touched the floor. Phew...now lotion that foot. Then wiggle farther back in to the bed and fall into sleeping position all while not touching a thing! Gently cover yourself up and I leave my feet out of the covers because like I said I am always hot. Now if your running short on time or really twitchy you can do the two foot method. This takes great skill and DO NOT do this in front of the hubby!!! <<<<highly important if you sleep in the buff!!!! Lay in sleep position where you want to end up. Now basically get into the birthing position so that you can reach both feet at one time and lotion both up at once. Then just cover up for the night....as long as you were not caught in the open door position and as long as nobody thought it was an open invite!

So I am thinking.....you maybe onto something. I think I should use some freakin socks!!!!

Last edited by lotus33; 10-12-2013 at 05:11 PM..
Old 10-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #1168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I'm feelin' much more lively. It did indeed take me half the morning to get myself together. Of course I had a handful of interruptions and chores mixed in there too. The Hunk was out wheelin' & dealin' at the 2nd hand shops, and may have a very large lot of stamps comin' to him, thru one of the dealio's. He'll know by Tue.
We bailed out to the library, for a drop off, hit the pharma for my dopes, and then onto the grocery. I couldn't find anything called Bushes starter chili, so I went with piece mealin' the recipe together that I'd posted. We grabbed Hunkie and CT a couple movies. One is "Oblivion" w/Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman. We're watching it now. Seems like a good action-ee guy movie. The other is the newest "Star Trek-Into Darkness". CT has it over at her place watchin' it now. She's been dyin' to see it all week now...but doesn't know how to use Redbox, and doesn't wanna learn. So she waits & begs till Rob gets it.

I think I'll put the chili together tonight, in the crock & just let it go till tomorrow. That would cover tomorrows lunches.

No nappy today...and I'm feelin' it. Wouldn't be wise for me to wonder about one at this point...so I'm gonna occupy meself with some piddly chores and then some fun Fall deco.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #1169
Blabbermouth!!!

redbox is highly difficult!!! Just another ploy they use!

Hey at least you don't have football on!! But this commercial just played and I laughed and laughed for some reason!

Old 10-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #1170
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh lucky me!! Overtime! ML is about to have a full on coronary. Oh how I love football season

Well I should get up and stop goofing off anyway. I need to get this place cleaned up. I have a guy coming over tomorrow to bid out the bathrooms. So I should go sparkle them at the very least!

Oh the hair color I got is medium red brown. Hopefully the red shows up this time!

G got a refill of her blue and pink. Hey did I tell you the Doc put her on an antibiotic for 3 months because of her acne?? Weird huh??