Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #1051
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Yup, just happened like that! ML broke our no eating out rule already! We took the OOWH out to dinner and the restaurant is right next to a star bucks. I had to walk right past the drive thru to get to my car. I suppose they saw me sniffing the air like a weird dog and just wanted to say HI, I see you! I just felt the need to let them know I love them!
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #1052
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Oh you are just the funniest!! Never know what's gonna come out!! You my kinda gurl!!
How are things coming along with the OOWH's projects? That's so kind and thoughtful to take him out for eats. I bet he really appreciates the opportunity that you two have given him.
GirlKickinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #1053
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Speaking of Starbucks. I popped into one that is in the same complex as the Hunks workplace. Remember how I'd mentioned that the next worky venture might be based on the aromatics it offered & suggested a barista position might make sense? Well I wanted to test that theory out & get a -feel- for the environment. Ummmm, ya know I'm pushing almost 40 yr.'s old. The entire staff, including what looked to be the manager...couldn't have been any older than half me age. I didn't bother to even pull up a seat with my coffee, for stalking purposes. I had a flash of what the drama's of young 20 somethings would be like & bailed. Not to mention...I'm guessing they don't pay their folks much more than min. wage. Yeah...probably pass on that.
It did smell totally devine in there though!!
Old 09-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #1054
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That reminds me. Oregon min wage is $8.95. It's set to raise to $9.19 on the 1st of January. I can certainly see why young families are having to hold down a couple jobs per household.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:04 AM   #1055
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Friday Morning Me Budz!!

So it's Anaconda removal morning. Not feelin' the wee bit nerved out over this...however, I am feelin' a smidge bummed out that this has to be done at all. I'm such a believer of allowing the body to heal/take care of it's own issues...without invasive intervention...when possible. This isn't a big thing, by any stretch, obviously. It still just has me feelin' a bit defeated & sad for me body having to endure it. Well whatev. It is what it is.
Aside from that nonsense, -if- I'm feelin' like I can muster it...I may dip into a couple stores on the way home, before heading out to pick up the Hunkage from work.

That's the low down for these parts today. What's going on with all y'all?!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #1056
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My goodness....gonna be a LONG weekend!!! The Kaka's are here, the whole fams went to a high school football game. I opted to stay home I am going to go out to dinner with a girlfriend instead. ML is already cranky, SIL is being a brat already Oh its gonna be a stress fest if it keeps up at this pace!!!

Wish me luck!!!!!

Oh I hope your anaconda appt went good!!!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #1057
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
That reminds me. Oregon min wage is $8.95. It's set to raise to $9.19 on the 1st of January. I can certainly see why young families are having to hold down a couple jobs per household.
Google minimum wage by state. Huge variance! We are 7.40, one state was still 5 something!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #1058
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh no on the bratty SIL and the cranky ML. That could indeed end up feeling like a long weekend. It sounds like it was very wise of you to choose the opt out plan!! And lunch out with a gal pal...well that would trump that sorta fam time for me any day!! Enjoy!!

The Anaconda's release appt. was pretty much awful. It was horribly painful!! Also, not that anyone would have guessed it...cuzz I don't share emo such as this...but I was saddened and then just flat angry about the whole thing. What's up with that?! I have no idea...I just felt rageful for a time after all was said & done. Wierd. It's all good now...just like a short stint with off the wall madness like PMS would offer.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #1059
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodeavez!!

Mellow~Good day here in the Hood.

We had a nice loungie morning, with lots of time to enjoy coffees and bacon.
The Hunkage bailed out to run around town & hit his usual 2nd hand store stops. I stayed back & chored, and got me pretty on. Spent some time emailing back & forth with our neighbor buddies and settling on visiting in the afternoon, in order to get creative about how he might get to acquire our Firebird.
So, fast forward a bit...the Hunk returned full of new/old train treasures, a book about Husbands spoiling their Wives , and some loaded deli sandwiches. YUM!!
Our buddy and some of his pals came over for a while. We visited & came to an agreement (an easy peasy/no pressure payment plan) that has him stokered out...and now we're veggin' to the World War Z flick.
Oh yeah, there may have been a nap stuffed in there somewhere, and the kids's Pa hooked up the dehydrator with a bunch of sliced down chicky breasts and sweet potato slices, for some goodie treats for them.

I reckon that about covers the day around these parts.

Whatcha all been up to?!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 09-28-2013 at 06:46 PM..
Old 09-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #1060
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Peeps!!

<---Somebody is gonna hold up in the homestead today...rather than churching and galavanting about. Got me old lady leg propped up & no intention to even get outta me jammies anytime real soon. I've got 3 library vidz that I may spend time burnin' thru today, and some light choring. That's it!!

What's goin' on around these parts?!
Old 09-30-2013, 06:37 AM   #1061
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YO, Happy Monday!!

There will be choring over here this morning, gettin' purty, throwin' down lunches...and then I'm gonna peel outta here & drop in on the HR gal who has not returned my call, from a week and a half ago. I would like to know where things stand TODAY.
Afterwards I'm gonna consider heading to the next town over to hit a couple stores.

Who's doing what around here today?!
Old 09-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #1062
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HI!!! Want to stay and tell you about all the adventures of the weekend....but I iz tired!

Hows the anaconda feeling today? Are you working at all this week?
Old 10-01-2013, 05:28 AM   #1063
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!!

I'll be back in a smidgy, with more words!! Gotta get the Hunk shipped out to the workforce.

Who would like to toss me some bacony bacon this morning?
Old 10-01-2013, 06:49 AM   #1064
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I can't wait to hear of all of the adventures that went down in the KaKa infiltrated weekend!! Totally get that you'd be majorly exhausted from all the festivities of hosting though. Time to take your cape off & set it aside for a bit. Rest & Recovery!!

The historical site of the anaconda's former home is doing well. It does indeed hurt, to a small degree, but less than I'd have expected. So much less so actually, that I'm not even doping for it.

The visit I had with the HR gal yesterday, from the 1st organization I signed on with, went much less than great. The women has no clue as to how to conduct herself as a professional and seemed to be attempting to goad me into an argument, from the go. Oh poor Hon~Hon...I do have the ability to keep myself intact...and that attempt was merrily filed away as pathetic entertainment. So, the end result is that I'm no longer available to them, and instead will just keep meself bizzy with the 2nd organization.

Last night, as the Hunkorama & I were pouring over the details of our health insurance, and what all is being offered thru the newest Obama Care (OC),...it began to reveal itself to us that we may be in a sitchy that makes more sense for us to have the Hunk scootch his full time status back down to part time, in order to qualify for the benefits being offered thru the OC, as they are much more affordable for us, and offer a heck of a lot more coverage than what he's able to provide thru the workforce. However, as we understand it, if a person is offered an "affordable market place" health benefit package, thru their employer...they don't qualify for this particular offer of benefits thru the OC. We don't exactly share the feeling that his current deductible of $6,000 is "affordable". Add to that that one of us has a chronic little ish of the diabetes & has to dip into health coverage on the constant thru out the year, just to maintain. So, we have some time still before any decisions need to be made, and more information to gather, in order to confirm that this is what it seems to be, but that is what we're considering.

Well blah~blah~blah...I have cleaning to do today, and maybe some grocery gathering.

Whatcha all up to?!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #1065
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I found some thin/lightweight black leggings at Wally for something like $6 & change this evening. I bought a XL. They're by Faded Glory, I think. Anyhow, they are so darned comfy!! I pull the bottom of 'em up to about mid calf or so...and then they're about capri length...just like I wore 'em back in the 80's!! The other day when I was quickly browsing thru there, I thought I saw some that were made at capri length...but tonight when I specifically went to shop 'em out...the only capri length that I could spot was in the teenie bopper section...and they were low rise waist. There is NO chance of that happening!! Oh contrair!! Somebody needs all the coverage they can get in the waist region!! Well, and everywhere else too.

Found Hunky some Dr. Scholls gel inserts that I'm hoping are life altering for him. His latest pair of shoes, also Dr. Scholls are UNcomfy in both the ball of the feet and heels. The shoes he had before this blew out at the side seam areas that attach to the sole...after only 1 month of use.

Whatcha all up to around here?
Old 10-02-2013, 06:11 AM   #1066
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! Happy Humpty~Dumpty Day!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOTYVILLE!!

See, it's gonna be a FANTASTIC day for a Birthday!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg happy birthday wendy.jpg (16.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wendys party.jpg (17.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wendys party table.jpg (13.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg butterflydress-8205.jpg (54.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-02-2013, 06:28 AM   #1067
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, everyone that shows up for the Lotyville Birthday Party will be sporting our fave little purple butterflied house dress. And they will all -want- to, too. I sure wish I'd have ordered that little # now. I can't recall which mail order company that was out of. It may have been "Collections Etc". And I may have to see if I can't track it down!!

So...onto the agenda for the day. Well, the dailys will go down this morning of course, and I think I'll prepare a cauli~salad as part of the lunch fest. After the eats this afternoon, I'm providing transportation to CT, so she can get her cars struts replaced in the shop, and I may bust out a market run as well.
Later, I hope to put together some Hummus, and CT is makin' some noise that she needs help putting together a dating profile on line. Poor unsuspecting Dudes have NO idea what they're gettin' into with that one.

What's goin' on around here today?!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #1068
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

:love :

Yeah a purple party!!!!! I it!!! YES we both should have gotten one of those dresses!!!

Today was low key, we both took the day off and had big plans but every one of those got nixed! We were goin to help at the school making caramel apples from 9-9:30, then go to breakfast, run a couple of errands, and then come home and hang out and watch a movie. Well no other parents showed up to help so we got roped into working until 1!!! then did the errands we had to and got some lunch. Got home about 2:30 and ML let me take a 2 hour nap then dinner, homework, chores and now we are watching that movie!

I ordered this coat tonight. Never ordered a coat online before.....I hope it fits!!!

Moonar Women Autumn/winter Double Breast Long Trench Woolen Outwear Overcoat
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #1069
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CT on a dating profile??? I totally want to join and look her up!

You know I keep looking into the legging with a dress and boots thing, I just am not sure I am comfortable with it in public. But I think the look is really cute!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #1070
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, that sounds like a Good recovery to a day that was planned very well, but was gettin' side swiped and almost outta control!! Nice save!! Good thing you're used to not having breakie, huh?! Wasn't ML jones'in for eats though?! That's a long time to have to endure!!
That's only fitting that the Birthday gurl got to get in a nice 2hr nap!!
I'll have to look up your latest little Birthday order jacket!! I hope you Love it too!!

Interesting thought about the dress/leggings/boots combo. I'd never considered the look for meself. I'll have to think on that. So you have the all of the items for the look, but can't bring yourself to walk out the door with it? Maybe somebody should share a piccy of that...and the others could weigh in on the matter & give their yay or nay. Just a thought.

We absolutely should have ordered our butterfly dresses!! I can't seem to track them down now!! I've looked at the Dr. Leonards site, Collections Etc....oh but wait!! Maybe I'll check thru Harriet Carter!! I couldn't remember that ones name earlier.

We have new neighbors moving in!! As soon as I saw/stalked them...I knew it was time to fire up the oven & get some choco cookies rollin. There's an elderly couple (the fellow wears a cowboy hat ), a gal who is my age or older, and a boy who looks to be 13'ish. I watched the boy make friends with one of our fave neighbor kitties & decided I'd make the fam our new besties. Doesn't take much!! Not sure if maybe the oldies are just helpers in this move or what's going on. Now that the cookies are ready to be delivered...the whole batch of 'em have bailed out. It's dark now...so I'm assuming they're not staying here tonight.

I'll have to hook you up with a link to CT's profile, once we get it rolling. Our day swerved on us a bit too.

Okay, I'm gonna go see about our butterfly dresses, and see if I can find your jacket.

What movie are you guys watching?
Old 10-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #1071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh neato on your ordered jackeeto!! What color are you getting?! I really like all of the button action!!

I'm feelin' just / <--- this side of distraught over the butterfly dresses that shoulda/coulda been. I've looked & looked and can't track it down anywhere. I even got me smarts on me & figured out how to do a google image search...and it did not produce favorable results. Ahhh, live & learn.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #1072
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Boo! Well if ya find em again...you let me know!!!

Awwww.....what a nice thing to do! Your new neighbors will love it!!! When we moved in here all the oldie original peeps that live here brought us jello! Lots of jello, sugar free to boot!

We are watching *Now you see me* its actually pretty good so far.

Oh no no no , I don't have the outfit! I just think I *want* one!

Oh, and I got the black one. I actually really liked the orange but you know..... black goes with everything!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #1073
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh most excellent choice to go with the black!! I think you're gonna rock it!!

Ok, well it sound like we are both just in contemplation mode about the -outfit-, then. It's something to consider. I may need to pull up some photos to get more of the jist of how it's done. It would seem that now would be the time for something like this...with it being Fall and then Winter. We'll see.

I just posted on the playground about the new neighbors...and seeing what peeps think about -when- they would be okay about being accosted with the new neighbor reception. I think it would be perfectly fine to drop the hello's by right away, assuming they're out & about in their yard...as long as it was just long enough to greet, pass contact info & bail. CT feels different, and has suggested that this wait till tomorrow sometime. Well she wins this one, cause they're not there right now anyhow.
Actually either way seems fine to me. However, when the cookies were hot outta the oven...I felt like it should happen *right then*. Now...meh...not so much.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #1074
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So funny about your Jello reception!! So it was more than one set of Jello gifters?!
We've never been received into a neighborhood the way I think it should be done...ever. No, as a matter of fact we've had to take the initiative in befriending all the neighbors we've ever had.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #1075
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well here is a bigger girl and she looks cute

OK, night!! I gotta hit the sack! Movie was good though. Had the cute Franco boy in it

Old 10-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #1076
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH FYI....I would NOT do a belt myself, a Loty~style top would be the only way!!!

Oh yes, I think it was 3 jello plates LOL Most of out neighbors are super old! We were a little freaked out, but ML loved it! Like moving into Mayberry!

Uhg....K, going to bed....for real!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #1077
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! Happy Thurzdee!!

Just remembered...I have a dental appt., with a -new to me- dentist, this afternoon. That's gonna change me day up a bit!! I'll need to scootch all of my other runnings around for afterwards. You know this means there will be NO shot of a nappy going down today.

I totally dig the outfit of the big girl!! No chance of me trying to sport a belt either...ever. Actually, I was inspired to purchase a belt not long ago, and I am Crazy about it...but have yet to figure out an outfit on me, that it would look flattering to be sucked in right at one of my problem fat areas. There may be no such outfit. If there was, I can tell ya one thing...there will be no attaching of the belt on the outside of the outfit like that girly girl did in that photo!! NO, there would have to be Loty~Wear covering...such as a sweater, button down shirt...little jackeeto. Something. But there again...having something split me right in a fat region?! Tssshhhh....shaw!! Meanwhile, the pretty belt hangs in me boudoir, and sparkles.

Your Franko boy is indeed Cute...and young. COUG on the lose!!

Back to the outfit for a moment. Do you have boots that you're pleased with, that would mesh well with that sort of an outfit?
I don't. I bought a super cool pair a couple years back, but felt like I was being murdered during the wearing of them. They were slightly high heeled. I think that may have been the bulk of the prob. Anyhow, a pal of mine got to inherit them. I'm seeing lots of sales for boots right now & just spotted a pair I'd consider...if I were to get serious about it.

Okeedoke...if any choring is gonna get knocked out today...it has to happen this morning.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #1078
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

For my outfit homework...I do believe I could get a pretty good idea of what *the look* could look like, just by using me heavy duty black rain boots. OH, so smart!!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #1079
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh crikeage...what a day.
<---Kind of cranky...but beginning to recover, Thanks to some SF choco~puddin' & whippy.

My stint at the dental appt. went from 11:30-2:15. Some of that was just a load of new patient paperwork, then a cleaning, and a meeting with the Dentist for a comprehensive exam and much discussion. The end result is the need for a couple of crowns, 3 fillings...and a whole lotta $$$$.

Far too many irritating aggravations to bore ya with, after the appt.

Now I'm onto the aftercare.

What's going on around here?!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #1080
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Got a super fun card in the mail today!!! Oh it was the best thing all day! I appreciate it so much, your the sweetest thing to take the time to send that to me!!! Thank you!!!!