Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #991
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Hey Peeps!!

What a day!! The first worky shift went down a lot different than I'd anticipated. I go back for some more fun on both Mon & Tue. I'm soooooo Glad that I didn't bike it today!! It felt stifling hot when I was leaving for home, and Tom thought we'd just go ahead & pick up where we left off with our relationship last month. Not a Great combo!!

What's going on around these parts with y'all?!
GirlKickinIt is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #992
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14

Hi guys!

pretty productive day today, we are having a rummage sale at work tomorrow and sat. so ML and I went through a bunch of stuff, cleaned out the attic, and took 2 car loads of stuff over for the sale! Never to return again! If it doesn't sell its going to the trash!
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #993
Blabbermouth!!!

Now I know why I don't do rummage sales waste of time! I made $10 LOL Whoohoo! Its going on tomorrow as well, I will stop in for a bit but not the whole time.

Then choring and I am hoping for a nap tomorrow!

How was everyones day today??
Old 09-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #994
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my goodness, you're quite the power seller, aren'tcha?! What a drag, huh?! Yeah that's a lot of work to prep for sales!! So not a fan of hosting them, at all. Good that you're only planning to devote a pop in's worth of time tomorrow.
Your weekend plans sound Good...especially that napping action!!
Also, to respond to the thoughts of a little post honey moon action for the love birds , minus the Little's for a few days...YES YOU TWO SHOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER GOING FOR IT!! The Little's will be just fine during that short stint that their Ma & Pa are away from the family farm. Make plans & do it!!

This note has taken hours to get to just this point...with all sorts of interruptions!!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #995
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Furthermore...of course peeps that have 4 additional years together, beyond the marriage years should celebrate that with a whole nuther Anniversary Celebration date!! Of course!! We have 2 days too. It's just the way it is...if it's gonna be done right!!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #996
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So it's been a choring/Tom day over here. I did get to spend a little time with our impractical joker boys for a smidge, earlier. The kids went on an evening walk w/CT...who by the way is leaving out on Monday for a trip. Ace was only able to make it for a short...maybe 10 minute walk. His little legs are gettin' old on him. His spirit is anything but old...it's just the body that declining. Ahhh anyway, he got a chance to get out and sniff stuff for a bit, and then came on back home, while KiKi went out for probably a miles worth more.
The Hunk's back is spasming on him horribly tonight. I've given him some dope and tried to manually force some of the kinks to settle down. It could very well be a long night, for both of us.
I reckon this note probably looks a little down troddin', with all of the sads and thumb down emo's!! Nahhh...looks are sometimes deceiving!!
I think there are many -maybe- plans and ideas for tomorrow. I need to hit the library, give Hunkie a haircut, see about organizing the garage a little diff, and fill the yard waste container. I think there are other things as well, but we'll see how far we get with these, first.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #997
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! Happy Saturday!!

So up & at 'em this morning!! Had to!! As I was trying to get wakey with the coffee, still snugged in the bed...my mind just started getting racey about all the things I'd like to muster in the day, and it got me feelin' all anxious about just loungin'. Totally not a fan of that!!
Anyway, got breakies busted out for the fam, and tucked the Hunk into the recliner with all kinds of blankets, pillows, and the heating pad. He's doped up again this morning...as his back spasms are still on going.
The mansion is -mostly- sparkled...aside from the Kiki floors...but that'll maybe get whipped into shape later this afternoon. Laundries are whirlin.
My lower back is feeling weak and vulnerable to going out. I've noticed it for the past couple days now. So, I'll have to play the filling of the yard waster can by ear. It could & may get pushed out a bit.
High on the priority list today is my library and grocery stop. I'm -thinking- about turning those two errands into a solo biking adventure.
Once the goods are picked up, then I'll need to prep a big batch of a loaded salad, to chow on for breakie's & lunches over the next couple of worky days. Also need to cook up a batch of Hunkies oats.
Lots to do!!

What are y'all doing with your day today?!
Old 09-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #998
Blabbermouth!!!

I am not going to get a nap today and its making me cranky!!! I want one!! Well anyhow, I ran into work for about 2 hours, then to the home improvement store to look at a counter top, to the back and paid the house, shopped online for some more supplies for the basement, and now I am going to do some shining of the homestead and some cooking. I am thinking some potato soup

Well my vote for the Hoods is a sit back and relax day today! You both must need one to calm the backs! Go ahead....put your feet up the rest of the day! The bin can get filled tomorrow....or the next day..whatev!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #999
Blabbermouth!!!

I laid down.....but no nap.

Now I am making diner. SIL is coming over I guess and then MIL called and was like...I heard SIL is coming over can I come too?? I just wanted a quiet night....guess not!!!

Hey have you ever watched Hachi? I think I asked you before but you know my memory is cruddy and I don't remember if you did or not. Was thinking about doing movie afternoons at work and think I will start with that one.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #1000
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

"Laying down" isn't even a kin to taking a nappy. That's really unacceptable...entirely.

Party at the Loty's pad!! What's on the menu?! Will you guys make an evening of playing cards and gaming?!

Nope I've not seen your little Hatchi movie. I had to go look it up to see what it was about, and do you know that I -think- you may have had me giving that one a wonder a while back, but I can't remember for sure either!! Senile twins we are!! It looks Cute, and I bet the folks would really enjoy it!! What a Great idea!!

Two hours at the work force?! That's about 1 hr & 45 min. too long!! I mean really...what would ML say about that??

Was the Potato Soupy what you had in mind for dinners? Were you crocking that?

It sounds like you got all kinds of stuff accomplished this afternoon!! Have you made a decision about your counter top action? How Fun to be at that stage of the game!! It's all coming together!!
Old 09-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #1001
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So I did bonsai outta here earlier on me bike!! I hit the library, and the market for a whoppin' 4.7 miles, total. My back pack felt so heavy!! I had to stop shortly after leaving the grocery store, in order to rearrange the pack...as I'd had some sorta horrible bulgy item grinding on my spine. I weighed the bag once I got home...17.5 lb.'s. Doesn't sound like much. IT WAS!!
How lame do you think it is that I just left my helmet on for my whole shopping venture?! By the time that I'd reached the store, I was already feeling kinda spent. I didn't feel like treckin' into the restroom to deal with my helmet head & then having to keep up with holding onto it while shopping...so I just shopped, -protected-. Whatevv.

Chored, laundried, made the Hunk a delish healthy shake that he can't stand, and doesn't seem too inclined to finish. He says it taste like I whipped it up with handfuls out of the mulch pile. That spoiled rotten chap has NO idea what BAD/Grody taste like!! His goodies are made WITH fruit...unlike some other jealous folk's green vile shakes!! Spoiled!!
Old 09-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #1002
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh NO!! My eyes!! I've never seen this spelling before...for the girl version & I just can't stand it!!

Seanna.

NO!! That's the girl form of the wrecked up spelling!! Sean was just bad enough, for the guys...and now this.

Rob says maybe it's not what I think it is at all. Maybe this is like See-Anna. What do you think? What's going on here?? Make it stop!!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #1003
Blabbermouth!!!

Holy cow I can't stop laughing, picturing you shopping with your helmet on How special you must have looked!!!

Oh yeah we had a full on card playing night, potato soup and grilled burgers were the menu. Now watching a movie, when really all I want to do is sleep! SIL is staying the night though so I am up.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #1004
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH. So you think it's especially ridiculously outta sight funny about the helmeted shopping?! I did indeed have a lot of lasting looks from folks. Maybe they were trying to determine how special I was. I felt like peeps were especially more kind as well. That settles it...I'm gonna just leave it on every time I bike down there!! I should snap you a piccy so you know how to truly envision Ms. Mighty Special.

I've been spending some time with our joker boys again this eve. They are just so darned funny...I can hardly stand it!! Had a chance to read some of me new library mags, and got the Hunk to tip back his mulch shake.

Your dinn sounds so delish, and I bet the fun & games were a blast!! Of course SIL wants to stay on board...it's Super Fun at the Loty's!! I wanna hang out for the slumber party too!!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #1005
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh yes I NEED a pic!!!! Oh I am sure that you were getting treated super nice! I suppose that if you wear that all the time you will be able to get away with all sorts!
Old 09-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #1006
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Peeps!!

Guess who else in the homestead is now friends with our Joker boys?! He couldn't stand it, and had to see for himself what the funny was all about. Now he's hooked onto the reel of the 151 back to back flicks. Someone is busting a gut!!

So it looks like the spasms abound, still. That's gonna keep us locked into the palace this morning. Well, for one of us anyway. I have got to get that yard waste can filled!! I was given the day off the other day...by a certain Loter...and now it's time to pay the Piper.

What's goin' on around here today?!
Old 09-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #1007
Blabbermouth!!!

Rob to the club! How he made it this long is beyond me!! Did you see the new episode with the mash potato scoops?

I am purging today! Going to keep with the rummage sale theme and just keep right on going!

Although....I reeaalllyy want a nap today too! Its cold and drizzly out so perfect for napping! But I will refrain so that I can go to bed early!

Oh and I should do a weekly update on the goofy stuff A does during the week Their homework and everything is online so I looked to see how she was doing. The opening chat from the first day of school was just a simple question to get them used to the set up. The question was What did you do over summer? Every other kid was like....went on vacation, went to visit family, took a boat ride....you know normal answers. A........she posted 9 posts of pic of puppies all with dumb captions like...ohohoh sooooo cute I call him Mr fluffernutterbutter OH AND she decided to post the pic of me and her crying!!!!!!!!!!!! She wanted to let the class know she was *famous* and was on the front page of the paper when she was a little kid!

For crying out loud A!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #1008
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh for Pete's sake, A!! What randomness too!! Just never know what kinda little surprises to expect from that girl!!
That's really cool that their homework is right online!! My how things have evolved over the years!!

Very good idea to continue to purge!! Where will these new additions go? A future rummage or a goodwill donate or something?

My morning started off pretty strong...but then Peter'ed off. I hauled tail out to the side/back yard, where I had the last batch of yard debri to stuff in the yard can. Wouldn't ya know that the moment I layed the can down back there...it stared raining. I just worked thru it though. I've felt so edgy/anxious about whether I'd get that task done before it was too late this week. Now that I'm on the other side of it...I see that I was just trippin' over nothing.
I got ready for the day, intending on maybe buzzing out by bike for an errand or two...but instead sat on the computer catching up with a fellow karate instructor friend. It stated out with a simple Birthday wish...and led to lots of back-n-forth convo, and piccy sendings. Goodbye outdoor adventure ...cause then it was family nap time.
Next up I need to spend a load of time in the kitchy, prepping up lunches for the next couple days. There's no wanna for this project. Somebody needs to buck up & embrace their fate for the next 2 days...whether they wanna or not. And they don't. I can tell ya that!!
I'm including a piccy with my note here. It's a photo of us instructor kids in back, and our little apprentice instructors in the front. I was held up in convo today with our friend Johnny...the fellow to my left.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coast Class a.jpg (45.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #1009
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

One more piccy!! No. Two more piccy's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coast Class b.jpg (43.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Coast Class c.jpg (41.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #1010
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh what fun!!! Chatting it up all day! I WANT/NEED a karate outfit! They look waaaay comfy and I love the colors! What may ya'll stop participating? Do you keep your skills up I never hear ya mention it.

Oh no this purge is just going in the trash. It is nothing of interest to anyone.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #1011
Blabbermouth!!!

Well kids, I am going to bed. I am absolutely gurgy right now! Not sure if it is a bug or because I am tired and had too many carbs or what. But any one of those things will make me feel ill! Lets just I can sleep it off and don't end up actually gurgin cause I HATE that!!!

Nighty night!

Hope you gals have great days tomorrow!
Old 09-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #1012
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhhh yes, them uniforms are super soft...like PJ's. They also have a widened center, between the fat legs...so as to be able to throw kicks with ease. So there's another reason YOU need them.
I would normally just wear a t-shirt & my black belt club pants, unless I was instructing. Maybe I'll remember to add a piccy to show ya.
We started in Karate back in 2003, out on the Coast. We both tested for our black belts in 2007. We went on to earn our 1st, then 2nd degrees and instruct till we moved from there to here. Prior to moving, back in 2009, we were part of opening the largest Karate school on the Southern Oregon Coast, along with the others in the back row of those photos.
When we moved from the Coast to here...I was near death, with the complications from the diabetes. Unhealth to that degree doesn't lend itself well to practicing much in the way of Karate. You know where I'm at with my sitch these days. Just regaining strength and focusing on pushing a little farther. That's where I bee with things right now. It's all just a process.

Loaded salads are made for me breakfasts and lunches for the next couple days.
I think I'm gonna do a epsom salt bath for the feets, and a mani for the upstairs.

Have you given any further thought on the Anniversary Honey Moon trip with your Stud Muffin?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Black Belt Fight Night.jpg (9.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #1013
Blabbermouth!!!

Shawna! I was trying to leave and then noticed somehow I missed the two other piccy's!!! What a riot!!!! That looks like it was such a fun time!

Don't ya know not to make gurgy people laugh?? Any more imbalances could just make things blow! Stop it!
Old 09-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #1014
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh NO, Loter!! I too HATE gurging!! HATE IT!! I don't know how to do it right. It comes more outta me nose than anything else. I hope your tum settles right now, and that you don't have to get your gurge on.
Yes for going to get your rests. I really hope it turns out to be your cure.
I'll see you tomorrow!!
Old 09-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #1015
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You poor thing...can't even keep track of the little posts here!! Did you catch that there are other posts beyond the funny piccy's?! You silly, take your gurgy self to bed!!
*Yeah, fun times...and friendships tighter than family.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:12 AM   #1016
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!!

1st day up of the mental & physical endurance test!!

I WILL MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!! Regardless.

Hope y'all enjoy your Mondeez too!!
Old 09-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #1017
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ewww!! What a Great day!!

Seems that the -need- for coverage at my latest workforce arena is so vast right now, that it's found itself in crisis mode over it. I've been begged to fill in some of these gaps. To the tune of every day this week, thru at least next Monday...minus Friday. Eye-yie-yie. What?!?!

As soon as I'd walked back in the door this afternoon, the Hunk tells me that there's multiple voice messages from CT. One message to say that Max would need to be fed this morning. ((Apparently someone didn't hear...cause they do not listen...that no body would be around until late afternoon today, due to work.))
Then more calls, as she had a rock hit her fuel tank, busting it...and wanted to know if one/both of us could drive 4 hr.'s to go retrieve her. The car is in the shop in some little no-name back 40 town, and she was originally told it would be a week to get it fixed. Somehow or another that was then moved to it taking just a couple days & she decided she'd just hang out & wait for the fix & then continue on with the trip.

Anyway, we just got back from a nice visit with Max. Rob gave him a special tuna dinner, to try to make up for his Mother's inability to properly feed him before leaving out today.

I need to decompress!!

How were things with y'all today?!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:11 AM   #1018
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!!

There's an awful lotta *Don't Wanna!!* clouding this morning!! Where's me buck up button?!

How's everybody else?!
Old 09-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #1019
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh dear! I sure hope everything went ok today!

Chat later, I gotta get going
Old 09-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #1020
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ellow Chaps!!

Home!! My Goodness...it's been a full couple of days!!
The take away from this is that I'm NOT a fan of the full 8hr. shifts. I've missed the little furries terribly!! Not to mention that this is not exactly my cup of tea!!
So, with the fat request for filling in, at this particular location ...I've offered a compromise. I'm going to make myself available for many/most of the shifts that need covering right now...but for only 4hr.'s at a time...not 8. I'll be going in for evening shifts...which will leave the kids with their Pa, while I'm gone. I'm hoping that some of the new hires these folks have taken on, will stay on board long enough for them to catch their breath..and I can make myself more available for the other locations.

What's going on with all you cool kidz?!