Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #961
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Oh, I see...I best look into this flick a little further, if I'm gonna mention it to the Hunk. He'll watch the big emo chick flix if it's something I wanna watch and get fully invested in them...but that's certainly not his first choice!!

Ya know I'm not really trippin' about the workforce bizz in the least, yet. It feels like pretend. However, there are some very specific state required courses they will be looking to throw me into right away. They'll take a bit of time to knock out. One of the state mandated work shops that I'm aware of, takes 16 hr.'s to complete. I'll undoubtedly need to re-up my 1st Aid and CPR badges, and then there's becoming familiar with the facility or facilities that I'll work in. There are 8, and if I chose to just offer myself to them as a sub...which is very much on the forefront of my thoughts...then I need to be familiar with each of them. I'll have a better feel for what the next few steps will look like tomorrow. Just chip 'em off one at a time!!

Yes, you go do the right thing and go to bed!! It's almost the tail end of the week already!! Oh yeah, when ya get a chance...I'd love to hear what the Little's thought of their first day of school!!

I've gotta do a little bit of mani~maintenance here...and then I think I'll look to wrap this day up too!! See ya on the tomorrow!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #962
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here ye~Here ye!! Check out post 960 when you have a moment!! <--- Yes, it is a Good post!!
GirlKickinIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #963
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well lookie here...new footage from our funny boyz!!

Old 09-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #964
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Peepages!!

Took the kids for an early morning jaunt. I'm finding that I'm feeling quite a lot of guilt where those two are concerned & this whole upcoming job bizz. That's another reason that I think I'll just opt for the sub position. That way I can consider the shift being offered & how it'll impact the chillins day. I can see how I might work their outings in around my shift & hope that they won't have too much alone time before the Hunk or I return to the homestead. That's the thought for now.

We've got a big storm rolling in today!! I've already seen lightening from it and it looks like it could just start dumping rain anytime. It -feels- like Fall. I just Love these shifts in the season!! It's nearly time to start planning on makin' big vats of soup and chowders!! Oh yeah...and one of these centuries, mayyybe ML's long lost June will bust him out a pot of home made clam chowder. Yes, I still have the recipe for that one, if/when you need it again!!

So the focus right now is to continue on with the dailys and then shift to lunchie prep. On today's menu will be loaded salads, as usual...and then the Hunkie gets to have a fruit shake on the side, where I will be spiking it w/some liquid ionic magnesium. It just has to be done this way. That boy is complaining of far too many issues that my magnesium miracle book tells me could be solved with more mag in the diet. So...wha-la...he's gonna take it!!

After Stamp Stud heads back to worky, I will go throw together the pretty & head out for this visit with the hiring folk.

What's happening with you all today?!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #965
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ewww. I have such a blasted headache!! Undoubtedly because this little kipper had to miss her nap today...for the sake of employment. Well it was for a good cause I suppose. After over an hour & 1/2 of questions from my 2 interviewers, a drug screening by HR, and the whip of my pen to scribble my siggy...I too am a part of the working stiffs club. Wait, what?!?! I need a nap.

What's been goin' down in all y'allz day?!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 09-05-2013 at 05:11 PM..
Old 09-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #966
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Congrats!!! How exciting for you!!! So what did you decide to do? Did you take the on call or the part time??

Oh I love those boys! I can't believe Q puked!

I didn't watch the other one yet....I will tomorrow, I have to get to bed...
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #967
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad I'm not the only one that's gotta shlepp off to bed when they don't have the wanna's!!

I can't believe Q gurged either!! I couldn't even wrap my head around the why & what for's of that!! Then he said something about having laughed so hard that it brought it on. What?! I don't know if I've ever laughed hard enough to bring on an even slight inkling to gurge!! In any case, they're my fave funny boys around. I subscribed onto their utubeage channel and it alerted me that they had the new little set of funnies.

Yepp, gotta check out that transformation vid when ya get the chance. It's very cool to see the morphing from I think 220 lb.'s or so, to 80 some pounds lighter. Truly amazing results she had.

Well I've committed to being a sub staffer, with the notion that in time, if the right steady position became available, I would consider it. Very non-committal!! I think that's a good way to ease back into things, for me. I will be going in on both Monday and Thursday of next week, to get me feet wet & start in on all the mandatory blah-blahs.
Guess what I found out?! The organization has their own annual 5k run/walk!! I just fully cracked up when I saw their little flyer about it. It was from 3 years ago though...at about this time of year (Sept), so I'm assuming that if they kept with that schedule...it would be coming up!! It seems that you got out of the one the Big boss was trying to hone in on once upon a time!! And now I might have to bust a move out there!!

Okay...past bedtime, again. Check ya back tomarra!!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:48 AM   #968
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
I figured to take this to a whole nother level lol

told myself lets see what happens if I end up eating alot more fat so now my percentage is 80%+ fat lol

lol and it took calories to 2800+ lol

so I woke up norm ..well actually when started this diet been waking earlier lol and usualy would be heavy but actualy from eating even that, didn't gain anything still slim lol and feel great lol..

I can actually feel as if my body is eating on the fat , possibly why feel like legs restless lol or arms get weak fast .. but its werid after I eat its like I really guess now believe it the more you eat the more you lose...

proving for me I tempted the other day well very low calories prob 1500-1800 range like atkins and what happen didn't lose thought would and actually felt like I could of gained .. hmm

so yeah guess for me If I eat less= I'll gain
If I eat more= I"ll lose and feel whole lot better lol

loving avocado by the way

wonder if i can go even to 3000 lol did last year well 3000+

think was more like 2800+3000+ n calories
but really was odd thought fat would be high it totaled back then 65-70% lol

I do have well since ground turkey finally done have ground beef not as light as 93% turkey its 88% should up more fat that way as well lol

hope you all are doing well
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #969
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Happy Friday Morning!!

It's been so weathery over here since yesterday afternoon & thru this morning too. While I was interviewing yesterday, the 3 of us at the table...looking out the window, stopped and were just tripping about the hurricane'ish wind that was blowing thru & kicking up so much dust that traffic just came to a full on stop. Apparently it had just tore thru back at my homestead, just as the Hunk was returning home from work. I'd left many of the windows open for fresh air, and of course the back slider opened enough for the kids to come & go. He said that as he walked in the house, that weather nonsense kicked up, slammed the door behind him, had the blinds blown out away from the windows...horizontal style and cleared off the kitchy window sill that I had my little marble filled weightloss tracking vases on. It shattered one of them, dropping much of it's glass and all it's marbles right into the disposal. Rob fished out all the pieces, but got cut up & bloodied about it in the process.
This morning is a hunker in time...not walkie.

I have an anaconda appt. at 3pm this afternoon, for another ultra sound & to decide upon & schedule the further treatment option. Also a few stores I need to hit before the appt.
So, this morning is going to be filled with choring, finding pretty, lunches & then bonsai.

Naty, your results sound Great!! How exciting!! Would full fat cream cheese be an option for you as well, to help up the fat? That's wonderful that the avocados have fit into your chow plan so well!! They're really like a superfood, in that they pack in so much nutrition in their small little selves. Way to go!! Keep it up!!

Loter, how goes it?! Finishing up your 1st week of full timing it, with both kiddo's in schooling!! Did things fly okay?!

I'll catch up with you cool kids later!!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #970
Senior LCF Member

True was thinking make cheese cake or cheese cake mousse one these days lol but getting hooked to same meal syndrome lol.

Just used ground beef today day 1 with that and yummy richer taste lol. And cooks crispier faster. . My one face of red meat was bison but super pricy. However I wonder about going grass fed again I mean avocado won't need too cause it's got a cover. So it's protected from pesticides lol so don't hav to buy pricy organic of that and reason s like having more vitamins in the meal. Lol plus if you ever had grass fed eggs cage free verse not. You notice the bright orange and the taste is like comparing. A rich delicious chocolate bar like godiva pricy but worth it compared to the $1 bar Hershey's lol

Plus more cla more vitamine less polysatirated fats more omega 3 less omega 6 lol

Hmm but cost is what need think about
Old 09-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #971
Senior LCF Member

I noticed darn never met my goal of 80% the ground turkey on the site I'm using was just regular ground turkey lol so i looked it up online and for that type I've got the protein is bit more by 5 grams so oops lol

guess highest day was in 77% well yesterday lol

well deff cause what made me realize to look was that ground beef being less lean and having more protein for 4oz oddly finding that it was off lol

:P lol .. so today atleast might be the exact 80% or more day lol

cause fo the beef choice and notice the lower protein like always felt fat don't fill me lol so the lower protein hunger faster lol

oh well more the better lol

do find to love the beef lol starting to grown on me lol

also trying to keep from heating the avocado and use it raw since it tastes same either way just keeps more enzymes and nutrition lol
Old 09-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #972
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got the tiredz on me!! I'll catch up with you girleez tomarra!!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #973
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Peepolies!!

So, Saturday. Well I don't know what the focus is of the day. Maybe to remain UN-focused!!
I've fed all little & larger brats of the household breakie. Boiled some eggies & baked bacon for snackie nibbles. Cleaned the kitchy up, started a load of laundries, sparkled a powder room...and that may be about it. Oh yeah, I made the bed all fancy & such...but remember now that I wanted to get the sheets into the wash. At some point I've gotta hit the floors as well. That'll probably do it for choring around here today.
Thinkin' about whether or not to make a library and post office trip this afternoon, or save it for Monday, after being a worky. If I/we, do it today, I'd likely suggest we bike down there...and that could be a fun outing. Probably should plan on it, as it's super nice weather today. Of course kickin' it in my jammies still...has me remaining in contemplation mode.

What are y'all up to today?!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #974
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ello Frenz!! Happy Layin' Low Sunday!!

Got up early, started the coffeez and hit the recumbent for just under 3 miles. Made some fancy feasts for breakie, and discovered the Hunk didn't feel very much like being social this morning...so he suggested we stay in. Perfect!!
I've got a list of things I wanna knock out today...but before I get to that...it's nap time!! Yeah, I said it!! It's nap time at 7:30 am. Went to bed way too late & clearly got up much too early!!

What's goin' on around here?!
Old 09-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #975
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh friends! Oh how I've missed you!!! So much to comment on and say!!! But I have so much to do!!

Be back tonight!
Old 09-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #976
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwe, poor little Loter. Too much bizzeez on ya!! Oh yeah, I just saw on my calendar that some little love bird couple will be celebrating their Anniversary in 2 weeks!! Isn't this your 15th?

Well I tell ya, I really needed that nap earlier!! I think there may have been 2 or 3 hours of sleepy. Plenty to share with me palz!!

Chored it up once I got my wits about me again. The Hunk worked on some maintenance of the back patio cover. I made a avocado based salad dressing from a recipe I swiped from a library book, and then made Monster salads for lunches. Also made my worker-bee salad for tomorrow.

So, I still have a load of clothing to handle, figure out what I'll wear for tomarra, do a mani/pedi, with epsom soakage, and make the big kid some oats for the next few mornings breakies. I suspect I'm forgetting some things!!

Yepp, wanna hear what's been goin' on with y'allz, when ya get a moment.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #977
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a great first day tomorrow!!! I think that is a great plan to be a sub to try it out! Your going to have a great time I think!
Are you excited?
Too funny that they do a run too! Yes I think I dodged a bullet for this year anyway with that! The whole sitch must have made him forget! Good!!!!

The kids may be a little sad, I know mine are super depressed right now. They get used to having the kids home all day. They are really really needy now when we get home will adjust soon though!

Hey how was the anaconda appt? Are they pleased with the results or do you have to go for more treatments?

Is the Hunks had ok now? What a bummer about that whole thing! Did you get a replacement vase or are you going to just scratch the whole shebang?? I should weigh in one of these days! ML said I look thinner, I said well probably because I don't have time to eat anymore! The other day I tried to eat a hotdog and it took me 4 attempts! There is just never a lull in the activity to even eat!

Well lets try to get ya the cliff notes on my last few days...
Friday- MIL ended up staying and then we played cards. I went to bed right after, I was soooo tired!
Sat-I ran into work for about 30 min to check on the new girl, then groceries, then cooking cooking cooking. We somehow ended up throwing a bit of a football party Still a little confused how it happened had 6 people plus us here
Today-we worked on the basement, cleaned house, beautified for the week and I am heading to bed in a few!

In a nut shell nothing tooooo exciting, just on the go go go! Oh fun little tidbit of info, ML cousin and new hubby were over Sat and brought up SIL and DB. Seems they are still having troubles but are trying for a baby the cousins are soo concerned that they are fixin to do a full on intervention about it! I find it funny because ..oh look...its NOT just me that sees it!

OH another little fun but of gossip....the money thief called her old work mate (the one that is at my old prop) and chewed her up one side and down the other! They both have sons the same age and the boys ran into one another. The one boy just says how sorry he was that the others Mom was in so much trouble and hope everything was ok. Ooops....the son didn't know a thing about it! He does now! So she called and raised holy h*ll about the boy telling her son about the whole thing! How long does she thing she is going to hide it? Well I guess till the police show up to take her away!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #978
Blabbermouth!!!

Yup the anniversary is on its way. We are on 12. We just dated almost 4 years so we have 2 dates because 4 years is a lot so I want credit for them too! Valentines day is our other day, will be 16 then. We are *considering* taking a little trip. We have never left the kids like that so its still in the consideration mode. We actually have never had a proper vacation just the two of us either! Even our honeymoon was only 2 days and was just only 3 hours away from here. We took a couple weekend trips but nothing worthy of vacation status! *If* we go, I wouldn't mind a 3 or 4 day cruise maybe It probably won't be until November before we can sneak away so not sure what options we have.

The OOWH (is that what we were calling him???) Anyway he is doing great in the basement! I was just shopping online for the cabinets for the glam stations! I can't wait to get it done and snap some pics for ya!!!

Ok.....I better get to bed! Mondays are the WORST! The mornings are a little rough around here! All in all its going ok though!

Night!!! Have a great day tomorrow!
Old 09-09-2013, 05:42 AM   #979
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Peeperz!!

Hittin' the ground runnin' this morning!! I'll catch up with y'all this afternoon!!
Old 09-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #980
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh man....stopped in to see if any updates on worky girl nothing

I will wait....
Old 09-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #981
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just a quick . Worky was excellent...or better!! I spent the afternoon with the HR manager and the program director, and I'm a major fan of both of 'em. Also had a chance to spend time with some co-worker folk that I found quite lovely.
Gotta tend to some household duties -n- such.

How's it going with all ya all?!
Old 09-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #982
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You'll wait?! You are such a crack up!! How was your day Loter?!
Old 09-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #983
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey theres the new kid on the block!!

So what did ya do today? Just meet some peeps and paperwork stuff?? What exactly are you going to be doing? Or do you know yet What is the realistic amount of days a week they are going to need you?? Do they know?

Well I got tired of sitting here waitin on ya So I went grocery shopping, made some muffins, made some bread dough to cook tomorrow, got some breakfast crock pot thing put together, and crock pot of dinner for tomorrow put together, vac'd and tidied, now I am trying to stay up till the dishwasher is done so I can load unload. Me may not make it!

I had a good day, was a the old prop filling in. There was nothing to do so I played on pinterest almost all day As you will be able to see by my thousand pins today It was just fab!!!! I think I should cover about 1 day a week over there!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #984
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Gang~Just a wave by. I think someone may have breathed their germs on me or something. I've felt head cold'ish since yesterday evening. I'm just laying low and gettin' some extra rests on.
Waitin' for either or both of you to come over & do some choring around this dive.

How y'all be and what's the news with ya?
Old 09-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #985
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Well thats it....you better quit your job!!!! In any case...I'm on my way! Make up a list of stuff for me to do!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #986
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ha!! Yepp, you're right...in lieu of showing up to my work shift tomorrow morning...it's probably best that I just turn in a couple weeks notice. That's what ML would surely suggest!!
The list I'd have really most liked to turn over to you, and the other many volunteers yesterday ...was to handle the KiKi'ed out floors!! ONE day of not tending to it...and it looks as bad as you'd expect a weeks worth of it to be. That's horrible!! The sun shone thru here last evening and I about fell over...just seeing the layer of her all over!! That's outta control!! Maybe I should make an effort to brush her...outside...in order to nip a scosh of this in the bud.
Well since I was late puttin' in my chore request...I've busted it out meself this morning. As well as a jillian other tasks, in order to get back on top of the game around here!! Lookin' good up in the Hood!!
I'm toying with the idea of nailing some of my errands by bike today. I need to do a quick drive-by the property that I'll be working at tomorrow, go get me glasses adjusted, and I could use a short stop at the market. If someone was really gonna go for the gusto, they could pack their backpack for this little adventure...and just go make it happen. I reckon the round trip would be just under 10 miles. Oh goodness...the things you get me into. Now I'm all thinking about it.
It would sure help me decide if I wanna use my bike to get to work & back tomorrow...if I'd already had the experience under me belt. So maybe I should. How bout this...I'll go muster up some pretty & work on gettin' the mind more fully wrapped around this & I'll letcha know what comes of it!!

There's still much to be said, and notes I wanna go back thru, in order to chat on previous posts. That will come!!

What are the happs around here today?!
Old 09-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #987
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

By Golly I did it!! I hit each of the stops I'd set out to hit & managed it in 6 miles. I bought a bike helmet while I was out & about too. It's a stylin' -old school- style motorcycle type helmet. Perfect!! Of course it had all kinds of cardboard & wire tyes attached to it...so I had to just stuff it in my backpack, along with all of the other grocery items I'd picked up. That backpack was stuffed to the gills...and heavy...especially for the last leg of the trip, which was hilly, in parts. Did I mention the 90* plus temps this afternoon?! I hadn't factored the heat into the potential exasperation equation when I decided to bail out for this little venture. Or the hill that was an unexpected feature of the path I had to take to get to the new job site. But I lived to tell about it...just like the ancestors of all of us who walked backwards, blindfolded...in the snow, with one shredded sock and one shoe between the pack of 'em...all to get to school each day. My face and lips are so chapped from that blazing sun!! Otherwise...I'm doing well!!

Got the sheets whirlin' in the dryer...for some freshy~freshies.
I need to whoop up some energies before too long & go look at potential work wear for tomorrow. Probably wouldn't hurt to do a little maintenance of the piggy's either.

What's been goin' on around here?!
Old 09-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #988
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Me new bike helmet!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bike helmet.jpg (1.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 09-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #989
Blabbermouth!!!

WOwZaA!!! Thats really impressive!!! Really! Cute helmet too! What would you do about your hair if you ride to work? Won't you have helmet head?? Unless you like that look...then I say go for it!!!

I didn't get a chance to get on here earlier and now I have to do a few things before hitting the sack Boo! I wanna stay and play!!!

Have a great day tomorrow!
Old 09-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #990
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! I wanna stay & play too!!
This evening!!

Have a most excellent day Peeps!!