Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #901
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
P.S. I am glad someone decided to wash sheets today....dirty buggers!

wait.....what did bugger mean in our britty lingo??? I sure hope I didn't just call you some sort of boy parts If so ....I take it back!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #902
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Oh my lands!! Crikey!! I just googled buggers & came up with a short list of mostly shocking definitions!! I'm gonna guess that half of 'em could have been your intended suggestion...but the other half!!
We have to be careful, throwing our britty words around, that we only partially know and have any ideas on how to use, when we remember!!

I will most certainly consider the Oatmeal~Raisin suggestion. I LOVE them and I WANT them.

Wow, that was quite a packed day you had!! I don't know how you do it!! Seriously!! What movie did you & MIL see? Was it any good? What a Good DIL you are. I bet you're her fave.

So the Hunk has been pursuing an idea of doing audio type work, for christian authors & such. He's came up with some homework ideas for himself, in order to per-fect his out loud reading...and has decided that he'll read his material to the kids & I. Could be helpful. He sent me a recording that he'd completed earlier. I thought it was Good. Of course he can hear all kinds of areas that he feels he needs to work on. I can really see him gettin' into this sort of thing. It'll be interesting to see how far he takes it. Apparently authors would have an interested person send them a 15 minute reading or so, of the person reading thru their material they supply...in order to see if that's what they're looking for. Sounds pretty easy peasy. Lots of messin' around on the computer, editing the readings for any background noise, errors and such.

Lots of choring went down around these parts today, including the freshening of the buggers sheets. However, the floors that were to get all kinds of tension today, only got to see a vac'ing...no mopping. Maybe tomorrow. Had a short benign visit by CT this afternoon.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:12 AM   #903
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's too late to be awake!! I mean it's too early!! I wasn't able to sleep once I laid down!! I started thinking about our friends out on the Coast, who just lost their 8 yr. son to a drowning sitchy just over a month ago. It's the Mom's birthday tomorrow. I mean TODAY!! So I started ruminating over this letter I want to get out into the mail to them, and just generally feeling weighed down by grief for them over this whole incident and loss. Then Ace gurged all over his blankets in his bed. So, I helped him outside, and worked on getting him clean bedding for his return. I've been up working on this letter to our friends since then. Three pages later, and I'm beat!! My eyes feel stressed out & dry and tired!!

I foresee justified napping in the near future!!
Old 08-27-2013, 04:36 AM   #904
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
Ok now deffinitly watched a interesting thing where my diet plan of high fat branched out from. Well I didn't know about it before, but someone told me about this lean guy and 4500 calories high fat diet plan. His guy ate 4500 a day like 8 oz heavy cream in coffees and avocado oils butter loads mainly 125 protein grams rest fat and carbs low forget amount but mainly seem like all fat near 1000 cals per meal lol

Well I woke today to get back on to my plan and keep clear mind that people r doing what I do unlimited fat.. He lost weight being already thin instead gain. So really calories fat helped him lose even over the 1 lb mark lol. Which is cool so plan to just clear mind and enjoy every bite cause even was eating fruit and low low cals like 1200-1500 never lost anything soi want to keep fastmetab I prefer to go for what I enjoy in taste and have energy too.

Ok so breakfast start day 1 off lol

Big glob of butter 2tblspoons b nice melty creamy yum lol two fried eggs and three bacon turkey since only one have will be food shopping soon lol. And mozzarella low fat but with butter helped boost to 76% fat.

I hink on one forum the guys said that he was trying to count to maintain for a fitness thing and yet he tried one week of upping think added 500extra cals of fat in place his carbs so his 2500 went to 3000 and he's losing and looking better lol. So my thing is everyone try's to eat low cals and metab will slow down to match it and weightless will be harder to lose so no one ever thought just go on oppositend of low carb and see your body stop THInkinf to hold on to fat and just use it cause it knows your eating enough andit can just keepreleasing energy. That would be my guess .. So this info was very brightening lol . Sorry for the big thing lol just wanted to share lol.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #905
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
MINI PILLOW LOL purple fig use the filling old clothese like sweat shirt type soft fabric to fill it lol for that nice soft feel lol and perfect thickness lol... love upcycling lol hows everyone doing today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture105.jpg (18.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg picture106.jpg (18.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 08-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #906
Blabbermouth!!!

well....bugger can be a colorful word can't it! Um.....no didnt mean *most* of it

Well, we are getting the rain you had and I have too been up too long! Not as early as you but was up at 5. Had to sleep on the couch with all the furries and then we lot power at about 6, it was restored at 11.

OH that is just so sad about your friends So so so thoughtful of you to take the time and pour your heart out to them like that in a letter. It is just going to be full of absolutely priceless advice and insight! I hope in time they can come to a place in life that they can have some peace as well

Uhg....I gotta go....BRB

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207
Old 08-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #907
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today has been a mostly bleckety bleck day. I did the bare min around here & provided meals. The end. I attempted some napping, but was interrupted, repeatedly. I reckon I'm gonna settle in for a viewing of "Food Matters". It's a vid I borrowed from the library. Maybe it'll help straighten out my crooked ways as of late & get me on the straight -N- narrow.

Yeah, I figured that only some of me buggered ways were being pointed out...and that not all applied!!

That was a long time to be without power!! What a pain, huh?! I bet your furbies enjoyed their couch time with their Ma though.

Yepp, I think our Coast friends will be okay. They have a 10 yr. son still at home left to raise. I think that would really help to reign in a parents focus.

Coffee time & gotta swap out the laundries.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #908
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Highly recommend the "Food Matters" flick!! Highly!!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #909
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! Happy Wednesday!!

Up & at 'em this morning!! Took the kids for a mini hood walk. I need to get some recycling out to the curb, and then start in on some dailys and puttin' the pretty together. After throwin' down the lunches, I'm considering a bonsai out to pick up all the mess of ingredients necessary for the cookie making fest that will be going down on Friday, for Hunky's Geriatric Party on Saturday.

That's the tentative plan for these parts!!

What are you all up to today?!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #910
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cute & cozy little pillow Naty!!
Old 08-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #911
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, ya know...the day didn't go exactly as planned, and the trip to the market is still looming. I'm planning to hit Wally, as the baking items I need for these cookies are made outta crap foods, rather than high quality stuff...so I might as well pay as little as poss for 'em. This is NOT the kinda shoppy I care to do at Wally though. Hence the dragging of the feet. This will have me mixin' it up with all the Walmart types, in the cheapie food departments. I'd rather hang with the gals in the make up section. Actually I plan to hit that area as well, for some more Rimmel shadow options. I reckon that's the consolation for having to make this trip.

Oh yeah & a stop at the library to drop & pick up.

I best bust a move.

What are you bizzy beez up to today?!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #912
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi!

worked late, got stuck by a person at 5:00 so had to stay over, then dipped in the pool, ordered pizza for dinner, watched some tv, now going to do a little choring and then....bed! I can't wait for bed!

What kind of cookies did ya end up picking???

@ having to slum it at wally world in the grocery area!! Go on and get yourself 2 eyeshadows for that! Maybe a tub top and pajama bottoms with a thong stinking out to wear whilst your there too so you fit in with the natives!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #913
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Highly recommend the "Food Matters" flick!! Highly!!
It is a good one! I had seen it previously. I love all documentaries like that!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #914
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, irritation got the best of me...and I went with a back up plan. Toll House slice & bake, X2. Actually a couple of things led to that move. Right before I stepped out for this unwanted shopping venture...the Hunk irritated me. Then once I got into the baking isle, amongst all the -native- Wally's , I couldn't find the all important marshmellow mallow bits. I was gonna have to alter things & think thru how to change things up with the carefully crafted cookie menu...or just throw up the hands and throw those premades in the cart & bail. Oh yeah, and I wasn't impressed with the shadow selection today...so I picked up a hair clip for thick hair instead.

I got lost trying to locate my car, and got called out on it by an oldie, who was having himself a good laugh over it.

And, I did a half strip job on my way into the library, while some dude was holding the door for me, my shirt popped open & revealed my beige granny bra boob.

Man it sounds like you packed it in today!! What's up with folks showing up at the 5 O'clock hour?! Not a fan to have to stay late when there was already a full day that went down.
MmMmmmM swimmy & pizza!! What a fun combo!!

Yes to the documentaries!! That's the fave kind too. I reckon I've come to realize that I ONLY enjoy non-fiction stuff. That doesn't sound very fun, does it? Yah, SO!!

I think I'm lookin' to hit the hay early tonight too!! I feel like I've got a crusty attitude & I don't much care to share it!!

Nighty Nightage!! See ya tomorrow!!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #915
Blabbermouth!!!

Whoa mamma....long day!!!

Got up and went into work a little early but then rented 4 apartments today and they all are moving in tomorrow!!!! I will have to go in tomorrow at about 7 in order to get everything done that needs to be done before all my appointments start And we had a BBQ for the residents tonight. Which was a mild disaster. We were just grilling hot dogs and some side dishes. Well we were told there was a grill but no gas tank for it, we sent a guy to buy a tank, he gets back and goes to get the grill....its gone! This is at 4:30 and the party starts at 5:30! We sent that same guy to our other property to get that grill and he forgot the keys to unlock the shed where it was! So we invited everyone for a BBQ and we just had boiled hotdogs! Oh well....free food goes over no matter what it is!!

Oh and sad news....AB boy that had the seizure had another huge one today and they have discoved a large mass in his brain. Not sure on prognosis yet but I am just so sad for him! He has been acting weird, like talking weird, walking strange, paranoid....I said to the boss lady something is really wrong with him! That was just this morning before he had it! I was actually going to call his girlfriend and I didn't because I though I was just being too mother hen with him...now I wish I had! Poor kid!

Oh well I think that the oldies will enjoy the toll house just as well! Actually that sounds fantastic! TOM is visiting and I am a chocolate fiend!!!

OMG....I am so pooped....I am headed to bed!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #916
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh love the granny boob story!!!!!!!!!!

NOT thrilled that is the last image in my head before I go to bed though!!! I am going to have weird dreams of granny bras and seizures.... Should be interesting!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #917
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ha!! Well if any of those dreams do arrive, do share the details!!

Wow, what an awful sitchy for AB!! Anything to do with masses in the brain region sound pretty disastrous to me. I sure hope that kid has some sort of health insurance!! If not, those med bills are gonna eat the poor boy alive!! I wonder if he's eligible for any sort of disability, with all that's going on with him.

What a fiasco, the hour prior to the BBQ was!! I bet that was some stress!! You're right though, as long as folks are able to throw back some sorta free goodness...they don't really care what the dealio is!! So is your property gonna be in the market for a gas BBQ'er now? Maybe there are good sales to be had on that sorta thing...now that the seasons are changin' up again.

So you know last eve. I headed to bed kinda early. I was cranky and tired...and then as I was laying down I started to feel major gurgy. That would have been the 3rd cuppa java that got me, again. Mostly cause I hadn't chowed much since lunchie. I hate that!!

Today has felt like it was full of oddness. I attempted to apply for a job, as a house manager for a residential treatment home, for the developmentally disabled. It's a field I worked in for a handful of years, many years ago. I stumbled onto the ad for the position & thought -sure, why not throw my hat in there-. So, right after lunches, I peeled out to see if I could drop my resume & snatch a quickie interview. Well it turns out they wanna application filled out, along with the resume. So I'm set to visit with them again on Tue. They want FOUR references!! I think that's about 4 too many. Mostly because I haven't kept in touch with hardly anyone from the Coast, where I last worked, and I've pretty much kept to myself since we moved here.
While I was driving along, prior to stopping into that office, I'd pulled over onto some gravel road, just to collect my thoughts before goin' in for my wanna-be interview...and I spotted someones drivers license on the ground.
I continued on, after arranging to revisit the app process on Tuesday, and headed down to the big city, to go shoppin'. I was mostly out to pick up the coffee drinkin' party supplies that the hunk will need for the old timers meeting this Saturday. When I got back here to the homestead, I looked up the gal who's license I'd found, and it turned out that she's a police Sargent, from the next town over. I phoned over to their police station & ended up routed to her girlfriend, who arranged to come out & pick up her license for her, as she was out on some sorta special training in some other town for the afternoon. The Sargent gal wasn't even aware that she'd lost it, as it had happened late the other night, when they were coming back from the fairgrounds, and were pulled over by a cop for one of their headlights being out. The girlfriend thinks the cop never gave her gal the license back & instead it was dropped. Odd.

So, blah-blah-blah...I think I'm gonna go back to work. I've thought about it, and feel like I may be able to muster some very part time action. So whether this position turns up anything or not...I guess I'm on look out.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #918
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YO!! Goodmorning Peeps!! It's Happy Friday!!

So much to do today!! Took the kids out for a crispy/chilly walk in the hood this morning, and then dropped them off & took my bike out for a spin up to a nearby park that has a hefty swing set. And I swung!!
Returned home to find someone had gacked in the living room. Ewww!!
I need to hit some dailys, prep lunches, get pretty, bake a fat load of cookies, spin some laundry, write a friend a love note, work on my stupid app., and make an unwanted bizz call. I don't see how a nap can fit into the mix of all this nonsense that must go down. Guess I best get used to forfeiting naps now, huh?

What's on your girlz's agenda for the day?!
Old 08-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #919
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

<---That was clearly just some crazy talk comin' outta me!! I NEEDED the nap today, more than I needed to get some stuff busted out.
How am I gonna transition from being a hardcore napper to one who operates deprived?? How do you just power thru Lote? I don't know where the -Buck UP- button is on me for this one.

In other news...me pink mani looks smashing...even though it's somewhat plain-jane. I can fix that!! Annnd, I still love me bike...even though the breaks are worn, make much more noise than they should ( they honk like a sick duck caller horn), and don't offer alotta help in breaking.

It could appear as though I've put off the cookie baking fest as long as I have, in order for those goodies to be as fresh as poss. In reality, waiting till there some sort of supervision surrounding what would have been my naughty deeds was much more the factor here. Cuzz I WANT them!!

Some oldie italian fellow just left the Hood a message on the machine, regarding the stamp meeting. I wish I could share the message with y'all!! If a person didn't know better, they might think this stamp biz was just a cover for something maybe a little more sinister going down!! The fellow has a super thick accent and says that he wants to discuss the matter of the stamps, but he won't be able to do it at the club meeting...and he'd like to have the Hood call him ASAP about this, as he won't go to bed till he hears from him tonight. What?! Go to bed when you need to, little fellow...don't lose sleep over these stamps now!!

How's your day been?!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 08-30-2013 at 05:29 PM..
Old 08-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #920
Blabbermouth!!!

Whoa nelly! Your rocking my world lady! I am going to need more details than that! Whats the hunk think? What spurred this on? Are you actively looking or just if it falls in your lap? Have you been looking or just woke up yesterday and thought...I am going to work. Do you just miss me so much now that I am a working stiff that you had to fill your time with other things???? yeah....I bet thats it! Oh you can totally use me as a reference!

Weird about the ID you found! Isn't that funny that you stopped in the exact place! Strange story though huh?? Seems a little strange
I had to pull over today too but because the rain was so hard I couldn't see!
Awful hot humid rainy day today!

So AB made me cry today. They let him go. Not really fired him just said its too dangerous for him to work for us anymore. He was crying and asked me for a hug and I am just so broken hearted for him. His world has just crashed down on him in the last month. Went from being a healthy young man to a probable death sentance, no insurance, HUGE bills, and now jobless all in the space of a month. He said he has just has the money in his pocket from this weeks check and thats only $300. He doesnt talk to his Mom and he and Dad are strained. He has a girlfriend but she only works part time, she is a full time student. I am so sad for him, I think ML and I will pay his rent this month. I am trying to get the boss lady to talk to the big boss about letting him out of his lease with no penalty. The thing is though the big boss is still scorn so he may or may not go for that. I hope so. The kid needs to go live with his Dad or maybe the girlfriends family!
Old 08-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #921
Blabbermouth!!!

I went into worky at 7 today to finish up paperwork I couldn't get to yesterday for all my move ins and then go and dust and vac up the apartments so they were fresh. Another bizzee day was had! So when ML offered to take us out for dinner I accepted!!! We went for mexican and then got a movie. He had to go out and run one more errand but had been derailed! Apparently the mexi~feast is not setting with him well and he has been texting me from the mall potty for the last 20 minutes! Hope it clears up before tomorrow! He is going down to a U of M football game, first game of the season. He is at the mall to get a new shirt to wear to it......because the 7638 Michigan t-shirts he already has just won't cut it! Oh for heavens sake!!!! That is his whole wardrobe, dress slacks and shirts or Michigan apparel

So....while the oldies are doing their thing...what have you decided to do? Do you guys have any other plans for the weekend? Is the Hunk off all weekend?
Old 08-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #922
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think something wonky is going on here!! Some strange pauses in being able to refresh me page & post -N- such.
Uh-oh, I feel a heavy emo hand coming on to me!! This may have to be broken into a couple pieces, for the ill equipped-fragile emo handling.

Oh my goodness about AB. Reading that he's now facing all of these extra hardships, due to something so out of his control, and heaped on top of all that he's trying to muster his way thru, while ((currently)) experiencing a full on health crisis, just has me SICK!! This is just devastating!! The whole thing is!! I would reckon that boy needs to get in touch with the dept. of health services in your area & see in what ways they can help him get thru this. Also, it seems likely, that assuming this poor fellow makes it out of this whole thing alive...he'll probably need to seek out some help in filing for a bankruptcy, to clear this medical giant off of him. Obviously that would be something quite far off from now to consider pursuing. There are just so many facets to this that are so overwhelming. What a HUGE burden for such a young guy!! I think that is just so incredible that you & ML would consider stepping in to offer your help like that. This doesn't surprise me, of course, I KNOW-KNOW-KNOW this about you...that you have an outstanding amount of compassion for peeps. That is something that crisis do open the door for...opportunity to love someone thru something hard. I hope that the Big boss man is not so bent/distraught <---and rightfully so, that he can't see past his own recent burn victim sitchy & do the best thing for AB in this. Clearly this young lad needs as many willing parties as poss in his corner, to show him grace & mercy, when they can.

Boy you had to get your hustle on to make things just right for all those newbies today!! Sure do wish ~someone~ knew how to use their pedometer & track these things!! That was a whole lot of activity!! At the rate that you & I enter our mileage in on our Nebraska trip...ummm...we gonna be OLD & probably dead, by the time we reach our goal!!

Scared about being told no about me multi-emo's...so I will ship & create another!!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #923
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH NO for ML & his Mexi-flush venture at the mall!! That is the funniest thing I've ever heard!! And the fact that he's texting you about his ills from the potty is just SOOOO hilarious...I can't even stand it!! Poor thing. Really needed that 8 thousand'th t-shirt, eh?!

So as for the delving into the workforce notion...yeah, that was just a sudden attack yesterday. Spontaneous!! The ad for the position just looks like a superb fit AND you're right, because I lack enough Loty~time, on the constant...I have to fill me time in some sorta way. Truth!!
I did indeed come up with a batch of references I'll likely use. I just needed to sit with my thoughts on it for a bit and carefully ponder who of my heathen friends and old co-workers to pool from. Some of them, although I am crazy about each of them for various reasons, could act a fool & shout out their kids or dogs or??, while taking such a call. Ya know what I mean?! Thank you for offering to stand up for me. You're the peachiest pal ever!!

Ewww on the hot-humid rain action you're getting!! Not even kind of a fan of that sorta rainy day. No. I'm Glad you pulled over when the rain got to be too much for driving in. People end up with really horrible/awful wrecks because of just trying to muster thru difficult driving conditions. Not a good idea. You did the right thing!!

Hmmmm, I haven't given much thought to how I'll spend me time while the Hunk is at his Party. Probably something exciting...like choring, gettin' pretty for the Man, and mayyybe a bike ride could be fit in there.
As for the weekend, yepper'z the Hunk has an extended weekend & doesn't have to return till Toozdee. We have nearly no plans. We -might- mess around in the garage & make space for the pick up to slide in there, as we're now gettin' further into rainy season.

What are your plans for the weekend?! Anything fun brewing in Lotyville? Do the Little's go back to school after this weekend?
Old 08-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #924
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ALRIGHT!! Yes, it's true, I may have taste tested the tried & true chub packages of choco cookies, that weren't meant for me, and certainly did not need my testing. Not one, not just two...but ~some~. As in I had SOME cookies...out of each batch. I believe -some- is a kin to a few...but maybe quite a bit more than just a few. Like the Big brother of a few.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #925
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
ALRIGHT!! Yes, it's true, I may have taste tested the tried & true chub packages of choco cookies, that weren't meant for me, and certainly did not need my testing. Not one, not just two...but ~some~. As in I had SOME cookies...out of each batch. I believe -some- is a kin to a few...but maybe quite a bit more than just a few. Like the Big brother of a few.
Dang things are like potato chips aren't they?? You can't have just one!!

Hopefully your feeling ok this morning from the blast-o-sug that took place!!!

I have changed my mind....I think you should go to the meeting! I so badly want to know what one does at a stamp club meeting!!! You should just go and spy!!

OK...thats all I have time for right now......got some shopping to do!
Old 08-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #926
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Peeper'z!! Happy on the Saturday!!

Ok, so we have 1 vote that I should crash this little stamping shin-dig!! Well, funny you should mention this right now. I was -just- thinking...I have some items waiting for me to pick up over there, and I could indeed get me pretty on, maybe hit a couple of the chorings I wanted to master, while the Hood was out...and then jam over to the library on me bike. Thing is...Lord knows I would not wanna interrupt the class!! Ya know how he feels about the interruption/disruptions that late goers can cause!! So maybe I should plan to be near the class towards the end of the party...at noon? Yepp!! I think we have a solid stalking plan for the afternoon!! I'm not gonna mention a word of it. It's covert!!

I have to be a shopper at some point too. Maybe later I'll develop a wanna.

Check ya all back on the laters!!
Old 08-31-2013, 09:55 PM   #927
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't know why this is soooo big but anyway....I bought this today! I am thinking about just dying the underneath hair this color!

What cha think?

Old 08-31-2013, 10:31 PM   #928
Blabbermouth!!!

Well.....how did it go?? Give me all the boring details!

The girls and I went shopping and got the remainder of the supplies needed for school on Tues. We went for lunch and they got hair cuts.

I called the AB's girl and she came over tonight. I went and bought them a crapload of groceries and toiletries tonight adn asked to comeover after work. She cried and cried.

So in the midst of talking to her about things I asked if she had seem him when he gets all weird. He turns childlike and really simple. And then....back to normal. She has not noticed but she also said she hardly sees him anymore because of classes and work. He has an appointment on the 28th of Sept to see the nuero guy so I convinced her to call and get him in sooner! Also told her to have the Dr. write a note and get him on social security. I hope she does it! As I was talking to her I realized she has no idea about him losing his job yet!!! My goodness I am glad I didn't spill the beans!!! Good grief the poor girl is really in for some more bad news isn't she She was so worried about paying rent and just stressing about it. I didn't tell her we were going to take care of it this month, I don't want them to know so they feel like they owe us ya know? Would have been nice to tell her to ease her mind though!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:45 PM   #929
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YES!! I think that color belongs in your hair...somewhere!! It's verrrry pretty!! I've never thought about dying just the underneath!! Brilliant!! Yes for doing that, and right away if poss!!

What went down in your day today? Was ML able to venture out to his game?

I did indeed make it down to the library in time to visit with the Hunk , but not in time to see the other stampers. Sounds like there were 7 very excited and dedicated stamp collectors to show, and they've all rallied behind the man, to support the continuation and growth of their club. One fired up fellow even donated $50 to the cause, and others brought in stamps to share among their new friends, as well as to donate to the Hunk for the future corespondents he will send out on the clubs behalf.

I watched a good documentary, borrowed from the library called "May I be Frank". I've been told that Hulu has it as well. It follows a 54 yr. old outta shape fellow for 42 days, as he shifts his diet to raw organic eats. It was really good...and I really enjoyed the Frank fellow.

Oh yeah, so I got 4 miles in on me bike today.

^^This reminds me^^...just messin' around in our notes with the -me- & -Meself- britty action, is starting to seep into my writings elsewhere, and it almost popped out in a real live convo just the other day. I must monitor me speech closer!!
Old 08-31-2013, 11:16 PM   #930
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yes, I can totally see that...it would have been a real relief for her to know that the rent burden has been lifted this month...but you surely made the right decision, by keeping that info. on the hush. What a blessing that will be for them to receive, and not feel the weight of repayment or even the shame that could accompany having to give thanks for such a loving, generous gift. That is truly the kindest, most selfless act. Are the Little's aware of this situation? I just wonder if they're getting to witness, in their front row seats, of their Ma & Pa loving on this couple? Seems like it could make for a good life lesson opportunity. I know I am certainly feeling like the beneficiary of this gift in that way. You're the Greatest!!
Sooooo sweet and thoughtful and generous of you to bless them with some groceries & the what nots too!! You have fully earned your kindness badge!! <---Wear it proudly!!
It's very wise to push for that appt. for AB to be moved up. Getting answers ASAP is really going to be crucial for his care/treatment, and hopefully to prevent any more of these freaker incidents he's experiencing. This is really the time for anyone who cares for this boy to step in and be strong advocates for him, in seeking both proper medical care and financial resources that he may qualify for. He is so fortunate to have the guidance that you've provided him/them, so far. I'm not surprised that he hasn't mentioned his job loss to the gf. This whole thing has probably been quite the hit to him on a self esteem level, and this would surely feel like another knock. Plus they're so young...and lack the experience in leaning on a partner to get thru the tough times. Such a heavy duty sitch to bare.

Your shoppy time with the girls sounds like fun!! Did they just get trim haircuts, or something more dramatic?

I'm trying to figure out what I should do with my -do- now. The length works terrific with my latest hair clippy, and hangs well...but, because it's lengthy, I'm having to spend 900 centuries in the shower collecting it all off of me. I hate that!! And, I'm also having to take time to inspect my shirts/nightgowns & such for strays to dispose of. It's time consuming!!
Closed Thread