Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #871
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Is today over yet???

I am so tired. I slept on the couch last night....wait let me clarify that...I slept on a love seat last night! We had a big storm blow through and the pups aren't really bothered by the thunder but Sunday is freaked out by lightning. I think in part because we have a motion light so she has learned if it comes on at night it is because something is out there. So when the yard was blowing up with light every few min she was right on it! That made Jack bark and Buddy pace and pant. Oh good times were had by all!

And I have a sink in my living room! The basement flooded again! turns out that bathroom sink that was clogged was more than clogged, it was broke or bent or oh heck I don't even know! All I know is the whole vanity is in the living room and some drain pipe is completely busted out ML doesnt have the stuff to fix it so I am going to try to see if one of the guys at work can come over tomorrow night and help fix it. If not I will be on the horn finding a plumber tomorrow!

On a good note the OOWH is doing a great job and the basement remodel part is starting to look good!
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #872
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Naty, I did a fat fast one time and it is surprisingly hard to get your fat up that high! If you like diet coke add a splash of heavy cream to it, I think I remember really liking that and it added a lot of fat. Oooh....maybe do it with diet orange crush, maybe it would taste like a creamsicle????
Old 08-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #873
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Oh Loteage, what a nightmare, between love seating it with the pups all night & a re-flood of the basement!! How horrible!! Yep, you can just call it a day, forsure. There's no need to push on. Enough has happened that it's probably good to just call it right there!!
I hope one of your worky maintenance fellows is able to swing over & offer some help!!
That's Great news that the OOWH is working out so well!! Did you get before piccys of the space? Wait, maybe you showed them to me once, when you took a pic of the work out area. In any case, you know the gang here is gonna be looking forward to some aftaz...eventually.

We're experiencing the freak out over here as well, due to big Thunderstorm activity. KiKi's having a full on melt down over it. I do not relish the thought of this continuing thru the night.

I was so Glad that I'd busted out all the choring I'd wanted to get to early in the day, when all of a sudden...mid day in...and the Hunky rolls up. Half day!! I was also pretty happy that I wasn't caught sleepin' on the job!! So in celebration of his early arrival home...the whole fam took a nap.

I've had 3 cups of coffee since we've been back up from the naps, and now I feel just so sicky icky to me gut. Awful!! I'd just really like to drop a couple bowls full of fettuccine alfredo down the hatch, to absorb up that yuck.

Naty, it sounds like you're doing well with your latest plan!!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #874
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whao.....I just dozed right off sitting here! I was going to post and whappo...asleep

Well guess I am nice and rested for cleaning the hole in my bathroom now
Old 08-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #875
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh shoot.... I looked at the time of my last post....thats not even a nap! That is like a long blink is all! Jeesh!

Yeah coffee does that to me too. Makes me sick to me tummy if I have too much! I think bacon is the cure...not noodles Oh wait...maybe I just want bacon

OH...poor Kiki! Hopefully it passes by quick so you guys arent up all night! Does she work herself up to the point she gets and upset belly and the poos?

Oh yeah, I wanted to thank you for clearing up the weight loss because of sleeping on the couch confusion! I was totally confused on that!

OK....gotta go clean up something!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #876
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
yoshi lol

tryn do every character lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture101.jpg (23.7 KB, 3 views)
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:22 AM   #877
Senior LCF Member

today ok maybe the breakfast was tiny but fig would fill.. had two strips bacon huge glob maybe 2or mor butter butt fig be two tblspoons but could be bigger lol and turkey burger from just one grab prob 4oz estimaate and pan seared ok well the one bacon strips super thin as other bit regualar size lol so yeah didn't fill much guts growling like wheres lunch lol haha.. and that was 7am now its 9:21 so I think what i am now going to have to cfrash and make lunch like yesterday at 10ish lol

have those three drums roasted yesterday leftovers i can have lol and load up in butter lol
Old 08-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #878
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!! Happy Friday!!

I don't feel super today. Loteage, did you breath on me?! I feel old, achy and tired. So...sorry kids, nobody's in the mood to trapse ya around the hood this morning.
I watched short little Utuber segments of Impractical Joker's for hourrrs yesterday eve. Those guys just crack me all the way up!! There was one episode where they were in a grocery store and trying to off a huge handful of pencils onto people, without them being aware of it. So they'd be trying to slip them into a back pocket of someone, or into the hood of their jackets. It was just the funniest thing to me!! I was bustin' a gut!! I stayed up well past my bedtime...but just couldn't bring meself to stop clicking play when I'd see there's one I hadn't caught yet!! I'll have to go back thru, and make sure I haven't missed any. I like all four of those fellows, very much...but especially Sal and Joe. They all remind me of friends we used to have & hang with, back in California.

MmMMMmm...going with this Bacony idea you had yesterday, Lotyville, I think I'll simmer some up to include in the Hunk's luncheon. Give the homestead that down home feel.
You must have really had your tireds on ya, to be falling asleep at the monitor!! Did ya make up for it with heavy duty rests last night?

Noooooo, to KiKi gettin' gurgy & loggy over being freaked out. THAT would be a total nightmare!! However, there are times when she's been so overwhelmed with her fear factor, that's she's went into the bathroom, dug around on the bath mat & wet right there!! Actually she's done that a couple/few times. So, when we see things going that direction, we make sure to close up the potty rooms.

Naty, Cute little Yoshi!!

I reckon I'm lookin' to keep things fairly low key this morning, till I can muster outta this blah-yuck. Probably slowly pull some gettin' ready time together & hit some dailys and listen to my radio preachers.

What are you guys up to today?
GirlKickinIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #879
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah...so it seems that when a fellow needs a bookmarker, for his latest reading venture, low & behold the almighty (laughable ) paperclip offering has it's place!! Yeah, that sturdy little pin sure is holding someones beloved pages back!! So maybe I'll make some of for his likely unbelieving frenz some too, afterall. Tssssh!! Ye of little faith...till ya need one!!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #880
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I found some very cool make up scores by Rimmel. Wally carries their brand, as does Wallgreens. So a pretty pink lip gloss, pink lip stick, dark brown eye liner and a compact of charcoalie/silver eyeshadows. OooOoOoOh, pretty. I can't wait to start in tomorrow morning, fresh faced & throw on the new glam!!

The Hunkage scores a lot of neat shelving systems & display type shelving from the work force, that would otherwise be tossed into the compactor, if he didn't take them. We use them all over the property, in the garage, closets, shed.Sometimes they're wrought iron, some are heavy duty plastic, and some are wooden. He brought one of each kind home today. The wooden one is now a part of the living room sitchy. It required a bath to get some sticky product off it, but it cleaned up like brand new!! I've positioned it beside his recliner & placed all of his train magazines/books, stamp catalogs, bibles & whatnot on it. I had to move things around a bit to create the space for it to fit nicely in the spot it's in...but I am just so tickled now that it's all said & done!! It's just a great fit for him & that space!!

I found out today that my wanna-be swim fest is going to have to wait till mid/late September, as they're just about to close it down for it's seasonal cleaning. Cool thing they do though, right before they close it up, they invite the community to bring their dogs down for a doggie swim day & baths. I think that's just so thoughtful & such a potentially fun time for the pups!!

I saw a double rainbow on my way home from town this evening!!

Whatcha all been up to? How was your day?!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 08-23-2013 at 09:09 PM..
Old 08-24-2013, 04:14 AM   #881
Senior LCF Member

my mom sadly to say is in the hospital.. She broke out with these like hives almost like chicken pox all over her body..not sure yet still what it is.. so been taking care of the puppies..Just hoping shes ok..still no idea exactly what it is..

I woke up and put together for once what I was craving not super high fat but tried to make it be it was like 69% fat lol

had a delicious nice piece of ground turkey to make ground turkey burger.. with butter to up the fat up 2tblspoons lol and topped with two strips crispy turkey bacon and also melty gooey mozzarella lol only cheese had lol craved something cheesy lol

so like a fat + bacon cheese turkey burger lol

<3 hope you all a good day <3
Old 08-24-2013, 06:00 AM   #882
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning my fave Compadres!!

So it's Happy Saturday!! OoOoOOOooh, and new make-up day!!

On the agenda for today is cleaning at the church for the Hunkaroo, and then were plannin' to head down south a bit to the larger town over, to give JC Penny's a wonder for some worky shoes for him. We have a $20 off coupon deal we're hoping to apply, so I'm really hoping he can find something.
Tomorrow is BBQ day after churchin' it up...so we'll need to wrastle up a huge mess of eggies for devileds. Annnnd, from the looks of things...somebody may need a mani refresher!!

Loter, were you able to get some help yesterday with your floody basement?

Naty, could your Mom possibly have shingles? She must be so uncomfortable!! I hope the doc.'s are able to rid her of the hives immediately!!

What's happening around here today?!
Old 08-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #883
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Howdy partners!

I had to have a guy from work come over to fix the drain, they have all the good tools! Anyway works better than it has ever ever worked!!!

And I think he will fix the basement downstairs for probably waaayyy cheaper!

We are doing some chores this morning and then maybe swimming and a camp fire tonight. I think I will try to fit in a nap too! Sounds like a plan stan!

I do have to run into work and clean up an apartment that I didn't get to yesterday, they are moving in tomorrow. The Canadian that is cranky....that one! Better not forget to open it and leave the keys for him hey??

Oh Naty...I hope your Mom is feeling better!!

Oh someone thinks the bookmarks are all that now huh??? What color did ya make his?

Bummer bout the swim class! You gonna take the kids swimming? Our community center does that 1 time a year too, I have never gone but it sounds fantastic doesn't it! Would be fun to just go watch all the other pups even!

Sooo.....hows the new pretty today??? I need to get some powder and mascara today....I am OUT like totally out! How does that happen????

What a great thing to find! I could use some shelves too!!! I am picturing large shelves though Are the ones you put by his chair small??

I saw that episode with the pencils too! Didn't you like the kid that was watching and just letting him fill the mom up with pencils Oh some of those are just so stinking funny! Did you see the one where Sal was giving a presentation and the guys were at his house messing with him?
Old 08-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #884
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love when Sal can't make it through a sentance!

Poor Sal

Old 08-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #885
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Sal...isn't he such a doll?! I hadn't seen either of those two vids!! I'd thought I'd saw pert near all of 'em the other night!! Maybe there's more I haven't seen!! Something I'll need to look into!!

So we jaunted on down to Bend & hit Penny's. We scooped up a pair of worky shoes & reg play shoes for the Hunk, and a couple pairs of cargo-ee type shorts as well. So this boy is all set!!

A couple hour nap later and it's supposedly time for me to consider hittin' the market for groceries, so as to come on back to the homestead, put it all away & boil up 5 doz. eggs. I DON'T WANNA!! There's not one ounce of wanna here. NONE.
So, bein's I'm gonna haveta anyway...I'm throwin' a couple cupola's of java back & planning on scoping out the markets Rimmel section, to see what other prize, for shopping when I don't wanna, that they may have for me.

Oh I hope you get the CC's (cranky Canadian's) apt. in ship/shape order, or I reckon he's the type that's gonna give ya hell to pay over it!! Do you know what kinda work that fellow does? Curious.

Neato, it sounds like a Loty outdoor family venture is planned!! That's my kinda party...swimming & campfire action!! I wanna do both!!
Looks like we're heading right into thunderstorm action...so I guess we'll do neither!!

Well you must know that I created the Hunk a metallic purple streamered bookmarker, using a plain silver paperclip. The backup plan was for it to become mine if he didn't make use out of it.

You're right, whether the kids wanted to be a part of the pup swim party or not, it would be a really fun event to attend. I will have to consider it, as the times nears.

The make ups turned out well enough...but no one has dropped to their knees over my glam. <--- Has not happened. I'll apply another coat & see if I can't turn this around at the grocery store.
What brand do you use for your mascara? I really like the purple tube of Cover girl and the burgundy kind is a second fave. Two coats. And usage of the eyelash curler before each coat.
Running out of the pretty making supplies should -neverrr- happen. Clearly someone has been extraordinarily busy on the lately, or it never woulda happened.

One more cuppa J & I'm out for the scout.

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 08-24-2013 at 04:26 PM..
Old 08-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #886
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welp I done did it!! The Hunkage decided he wanted to be a part of the festivities too, and so we combined my grocery adventure with his desire to hit the 2nd hand shops. He dumped me out at the front door of the store & we just set a meeting spot in the store for pick up. Worked out beautifully!! I had just enough time to retrieve all the chow goods and shop out a couple new shirts. One is a lavender and the other a pretty pink.

While we were out being shoppers, it started throwin' down the rain something fierce!! So much so that everybody in the store looked at each other like they were all freaked out and lots of people went running out of the store, as if the roof was coming in on us!! I've never heard rain come down that hard before!! Anyhow, we knew that KiKi would be trippin' out back here at the homestead & so once the Hunk came by to pick me up, we drove straight home. Often times we'll leave the back door opened enough that the kids can come & go while we're out & about like this. KiKi gets so terrified about any storm activity that if she doesn't have us line of sight...she tries to bail. Well, so we get home & can't find her in the house, or in the backyard. It was just about a half hour from dark settin' in & I'm startin' to wonder if we're gonna be able to track her down before the sun sets. I head out to the car, Rob steps in dog crap, while wearing his new shoes and we pause for just long enough for him to get 'em cleaned up. He asks if I'd checked under the bed for KiKi. I hadn't, cause when I had been looking for her I had been calling her name, loudly, and just assumed that she'd come to me. So I go look in there, and while I'm doing that, Rob goes into the train room, and low & behold...little heathen girl is sittin' in there...all shook up, but not willing to say "Hey, here I am!!".

Onto making of the hardboileds. I boiled up 2 and 1/2 dozen at a time, as we only have the one large stock pot, and that's all that comfortably fits. So, I'm gettin' them peeled, sliced in halves & deyoked. I reckon I'll put the mix together tonight & let the Hunk fill them tomorrow morning, while the wife is dutifully pullin' herself together, so as not to be tardy.
What a time consuming job it is to prep that amount!!

I'm gonna work on the mani as soon as I'm finished with the egglets for the eve.

Whatcha all up to?
Old 08-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #887
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pssst!! Not sure iffin's y'all know or not...but it bee nap time!!
It's storming rains right now.

What's the happs with you popular kidz?

Check ya back soon!!
Old 08-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #888
Senior LCF Member

Aww hate storms .. Glad sunny here got my mom from hospital.. Got so hard on myself yesterday lost to my goal weight well my actual goal I alway add 1 extra pound less lol but at my weight wanted to be prob all liquid weight lol but any ways she's home and safe and bacteria is out of her now just the torn hamstring issue. I don't know about what new diet to do yet so in mean time stick to my all fruit raw die maybe even twist it up. Felt have a clean tummy from toxins in cooking etc lol

1 thing with raw fruit it's edible and great to use on skin so two for one lol

Well at moment doing this fruit thi Gand loving the deal on my face melonhaven't had for a while honeydew melon at 2.99 for huge one like a small watermelon lol bt lov it out of all melons a sweet nectar syrup and not waterdown like most melons in taste why not big on watermelon or cantaloupe always second choice lol
Old 08-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #889
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi you crazy kids!

Naty what did they find out bout your Mom? She feeling better?

Shawna!!!! 5 dozen!!! WHAT??!!! Whoa that deserves a major award!!! I just cant fathom it! How did it go today? Was there lots of fun to be had??

Whats up with your weather lately!! Your like us a month ago when it was rain rain rain all the time! We had great weather today, got to get into the pool again today! The campfire was a success last night, the neighborhood boys always seem to find there way over when they see a fire cause Miss W makes the best smores in the hood!

Today we slept in till 9 ish, had breakfast, ML went and worked in the basement and I did laundry and housey stuff. At 4 we all met in the pool for float and nap time. Then din din...which I am going to totally pat meself on the back for. Made grilled white fish and it was delightful! Seasoned with citrus carribean seasoning and then grilled on a bed of lemons.....holy yum!!

ok......BBL....gotta go put the sheets on the bed.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #890
Senior LCF Member

tried to do mario lol hope ok was tricky llol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture103.jpg (24.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #891
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That one may need a do over! You know what though I am trying my dangest to even remember what he looks like so I may be remembering something different. Shoot I don't know...the kids play it all the time but I can't watch them. The motion makes me sick to my stomach!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #892
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well house is sparkled, mani and pedis were dolled out, got clean sheets on the bed......I am hitting the sack!

Night ya'll!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #893
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You show off Loter!! I want some freshly cleaned sheets!! Maybe tomorrow!! You were on the move today!! Annnnd fit in all kinds of Fun too!! You know how to get it done!! But wait, before you hit the sack...I'm kinda lookin' around over here & I don't see any fancy Miss W smores with me name on 'em OR fish fry goodness!! Where's me plates of goodness?! I'm RIGHT HERE!! Want!!

Naty, the sweet melon action sounds devine!! You must be feeling much more settled now that your Mom is home & things are gettin' back to normal. It's good to hear that her stint in the hospital was fairly short. Do the doc.'s have any clear ideas as to what brought her hives about? I've had a full on breakout of hives twice in my life...and it was just horrible!!

Yepp, 5 dozen eggs. Never was real strong in math, but the calculator says that was 120 halves. Funny thing was, one of my fave old gals that goes also brought devileds. She probably brought about 2/3 dozens worth. And do you know that they were allllll gobbled up during chow time!! Those are just always winners. A handful of the guys down there like to remind me that I might as well just stay home if I don't plan to come packin' with eggies on BBQ days. The assistant pastor likes to tell me that if/when he runs into me -anywhere-...church or not, he expects to see me whip out the devileds.
We had a fun time there this afternoon. Service was outside & then the Q'ing action followed. It was a whole mexican theme. Carne asada was involved. We sat with a table full of oldie couples & had a great time chattin' it up with them. By the time we rolled into our driveway here at the homestead...it started dumpin' rain & thundering like crazy!! It pretty much has been going since. I just read a report that said that we've had well over 7,000 lightening strikes!! The booms have been just incredible!! We lost power a couple of times and internet, and dish satellite have been hit or miss all evening.

Gotta go try to get some sleeps!! See yaz tomorrow!!
Old 08-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #894
Senior LCF Member

so don't look good boo lol
Old 08-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #895
Senior LCF Member

guess was sort of done diff ..hmm i thought came out ok. made lil bit diff in style with m in side view
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th.jpg (5.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 08-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #896
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Monday Morning Chickabeez!!

We had some storm action into part of the night last night!! It knocked my alarm clock outta whack, but not Hunky's. All is calm this morning...just very damp, and gray.
I took the kids out for a morning stroll, fed them some buttered yam for early eats, took care of some recycling, and now I'm lookin' to turn my focus back to the indoor choring. Seems that in order to keep up with the cool kidz, I best get our sheets a whirlin'. I think that towels & the shower curtain are gonna get to join that little party too. Probably hit the powders & kitchy right after. Also giving the floors some much needed attention will be high on the list today. The shorties are bringing in all kinds of mud on their paws. I'm making very loaded taco salads for lunches today. Our chips will be micro'ed cheddar crisps.
I gotta sit down at some point & think thru the various cookie ideas floatin' around & settle on some to whip out for the Hunk's Stamp club this weekend. Some of the old cronies are writing Rob back & telling him they're just as much looking forward to "the wifes cookies", as they are the stamp meeting itself. He'd mentioned the cookies in his invites. So, the pressure's ON, to produce something memorable for these oldies. It's really kinda cute...some of these old guys are calling him up & they just can.not.wait, till stamp club day!!

Ok, gonna get to gettin'!! What are y'all doin' today?
Old 08-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #897
Senior LCF Member

ok did a classic mario took 3hours about lol since no way to follow all from what i see lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture104.jpg (22.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 08-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #898
Senior LCF Member

i thought my little one still nice.. do you trully hate it tho lol well and loveing my classic one lol
Old 08-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #899
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG Naty..... Since I couldn't picture it I thought it was a front on shot and was like what is going on.....he looks like he had a stroke with one droopy eyeball!!! Once you see it you can't unsee it! But now that I see it as it is....he is cute!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #900
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cookies!!!

Might I suggest oatmeal and raisin for the geriatric gathering! You would be doing a service for all their plumbing! I just can't wait for this shin dig to go down!!! I am anxious to see what is going to be like!!

Came home from work, shoved pot roast in my face, took MIL to see a movie she has been beggin me to take her to, ran to wally world for some supplies and makeup, came home and now.....going to go to bed! That was like 3 days worth of activities all smooshed into 1!

Would love to stay and chat the night away but I iz tired!

Nighty night folks!