Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #781
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
What kind of deal is that?! Runnin' off with your DH's brother?! Whoa!! And yuck!! How terrible-horrible and awful for that fellow!! And how totally crazy making for the child!! That choice certainly tells ya where that women's priorities lie. Herself. What's that women's #, I'd like to call her up!!

Well oh my gosh Mz.M-Stewart!! Pulling off a dinner like that over here would take me weeks to ponder and plan!! It would never-ever go down as an impromptu, ever...and for eight!! WOW Lote!! You should consider treating yourself to a day at the spa for that...you deserve it!! You my hero!! Oh yeah, and the whole lay out sounds sooooo delish!! I bet your fam & guests were stokered to be a part of it!!

Gas powered margarita maker?! Way to get their fitness on while also settin' up the ability to miester out!! They sound like real winners!!

I didn't realize that we would need to vac the pool out with anything other than this cheapy little pretend vac/sock thing that the pool came with, or I'd have gotten on it much sooner. Whatev. So you have to actually -get in- the pool?! Wait!! I have to get in the pool?! I just figured there'd be some sorta wand deal that would help me out, from the -outside- of the pool.

Got me shopping done, but returned well before the sunset, so the knowing about the night vision peeperz is still unknown for now. Another time!!

Yeah, guess who's gettin' to watch a Happy Days rerun?! Yah!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #782
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Monday!!

Got up & at 'em this morning, after Hunkie was shipped off to the workplace, the kids & I did a mini-venture around the neighborhood, where I may have even trot-jogged. Wait, not like that horse joggin' women we saw video of!! That's probably what you pictured though!!
Afterwards I pulled weeds for probably an hour or more. That sure does take a lot more upkeep effort/time than I reckoned it would!! Then, cause I wanted to round out the already burning legs (from bending over soooo long ), I hopped on me bike & went for a little 15 minute gallivant around the Hood. So all & all that was kinda like a 2hr. morning marathon. Clearly much like an Iron Man Marathon, to be exact. Yeah, mostly. WIN!!
I'm sacrificing the early morn clean up in the rain box, for choring time, before I need to shift gears & get lunches prepped out.
CT made it back into town last evening. Gotta throw the emo guard back up & patrol for the inevitable covert manip sightings.

What's happening around this place with you Kewl kidz?!
GirlKickinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #783
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
tried this out lol my fave kitty lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture066.jpg (19.5 KB, 1 views)
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #784
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Naty! Are you making the patterns yourself??

Shawna you rocked the crap outta it today!!!

How ya feeling now? You sore? Speaking of sore I think my foot thingy came in today. I have a package, just haven't opened it yet.

Oh and anyone want to come on over and deal with a pouty hubby???? He has the exact same complaint every single Monday....every single Monday! So today I was not supportive wifey I was buck up and approach this differently wifey and now he is pouty. I know he just wants someone in his corner but for goodness sakes!

I dropped A off to her BFF's house for a slumber party now I am just waiting on dinner to warm up. We are having leftover steak and corn but I had a cheesy potato casserole in the freezer so I pooped that in....and now we wait!

Oh holy cow I wanted to tell you this yesterday and forgot!!! Its so super funny! So the friends wife that came over yesterday is watching me clean the windows and says to me in all seriousness. "I bought these windows from Home Depot that are supposed to be self cleaning, I haven't figured out yet how they work. I have had to clean them myself." Oh Sweet Baby Jesus!!!!! I couldn't help it I started bustin a gut! I thought she was making a funny and then when I realized she was serious I busted out harder!!!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
lotus33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #785
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh jeeze I know!!! Who runs off with their BIL?????

Well to be fair its a family trait. The brothers are only 2 weeks apart. Their dad slept with his wifes sister and got them both knocked up 2 weeks apart! So are they like 3/4 brothers instead of 1/2 brothers since their moms are sisters???? Hmmm.....I is confused!

Well I have to get in the hose is long but I miss about a 10 ft section if I don't get in. This will be the first time in 3 weeks!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #786
Senior LCF Member

Yea lol look at an object. And try to create it lol
Old 08-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #787
Blabbermouth!!!

Holy cow! Best typo evah! I came back to talk some smack about the potato thing and saw that I told you I *pooped* it in Well you know I meant *popped* Holy 1 letter can really get a person in a bind huh???
Old 08-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #788
Senior LCF Member

lol your so silly lol haha
Old 08-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #789
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoa, yeah, I'd say the brother's Papa & Mother/Aunt set them a fine example, that they're clearing living out...and now can continue to set the tone for the next generation, that witnesses this nonsense play out again, first hand. So frustrating when crazies reproduce.

You're in good-dirty company, in that we've nevvver vac'ed this pool, except with the stupid sock like thing that was included in the purchase of the pool set.

Oh goodness golly that is soooo funny about the lame brain tryin' to wonder when those winders are gonna get bizzy with their self clean, and give her a much needed cleaning break!! NO-WAY!! How does that even begin to process for a person?! Don't you just wonder, how she's made it this far into adult-hood, when clearly the synapses mis-fire on the regular?! She's probably wondering when her fridge is gonna get bizzy cleaning up any spills & marks too!! Oh and the dang dirty stove top & microwave!! They just don't make things as good as they did in the olden days & there's such a rampant ish with false advertisement too!!
Oh, eye-yie-yie...that's a great one!! She probably is trying to figure you & your odd response out too!! Awesome!!

How does your footie brace gear work?? I'm guessing that it's something you'd wear with footware. So does this limit you to only wearing with a tennis type shoe? I hope it turns out to be comfy enough and make a diff. Is it meant to lesson the pain factor and/or is it more of a therapeutic device that you expect there may be pain with?

I hear ya on feeling worn down with being the good cheerleader wifey, on an issue that just seems to be set permanently on -repeat-. That's a challenge. I often feel that way regarding the chronic issues of body pains around here. There's only so much help I can offer for such things...and yet the complains are almost at full force level, daily. It's exasperating, at best.

BRB with mo.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #790
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Be still my ever beatin' heart...I wanna sign up for a Loty~Style dinner...even if it's *pooped* out!! I don't know how I missed that!! If you hadn't brought it to the attention of the whole class...then the whole class would not know. However, you did the right thing.
How efficient & June like of you to have a potato casserole on the ready. Showoff!!

Nope, not so sore from the wanna-be Iron man. Well, maybe a little sore in the hind quarters. The other muscle groups weren't challenged quite as much.
Oh, I meant to ask!! Or maybe I already did & can't remember what the answer was. Do you have & wear a bike helmet, when you do ride your bike?? I don't, but recognize that I should. Because I wear a high ponytail -everyday-, I'm considering whether I should purchase a special one, that accommodates such a thing, or if I could just lower the ponytail for the duration of the helmeted head & then move it back up to proper position afterwards. These are the big decisions weighing on me today.
Oh, and I'm wondering...I napped for 3 hours today. After having slept fine & probably plenty last night. There were just no interruptions...and therefore I was able to sleep straight thru. I just wonder if that's not an indicator for the body still trying to heal/repair itself from having been so diabetically ill for so long.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #791
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, yay...so speaking of the reoccurring aches/pains...it's ON!!

It's been such a thunderous evening!! That's had Kiki in a trembley/panty state since it came on. It sounds like it'll hang on till around midnight. That doesn't usually bode well for sleeping. Glad I got that fat nap in earlier!!

So I ran off a bit ago & got me some fresh...in that all elusive rain box. Ahhhh...it is good. Lotioned the feets up with some really great emollient-essential oil lotion, and just thumbin' thru some mags now.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #792
Blabbermouth!!!

lame brain is a teacher even!! High school math at a Lutheran private school! Oh and yes, I would like to sign up for a self cleaning oven too! Wasn't that a hoot!?

Well if your pool isn't dirty or have junk like leaves and stuff in it the I guess it doesn't need it

Oh no I don't wear a helmet. I would look all sort of special with a helmet and my pee wee bike!

Hmm....well I suppose you certainly could be recovering from all that. What is your readings lately? Have you been able to decrease your doses again???

No the foot thing is a brace that you wear at night. It keeps your foot in an upward flexed position. What happens is every night your foot is able to heal because your not using it but it heals in the wrong position. Every morning you tear the healed tendon. Thats why it so hard to heal!
Old 08-13-2013, 03:17 AM   #793
Blabbermouth!!!

i sure hope you and kiki andvthe boys all had an ok night!

Have a great day today ladies!
Old 08-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #794
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well Happy Toozday!!

Thank you for the overnight well wishes with Mz. Paniky. Our night turned out to be quiet & uneventful...just the way us oldies likes it.

A couple of important announcements for the class this morning.

1. Pouring leftover bacon grease goodness & a couple drops of maple extract into the scentsy warmer, is bloody brilliant & such a winner. Yes it is. Go ahead & picture me holding a heavy trophy above my head real high & beaming with pride.
2. The pinner who tried to have me get excited over mixing a concoction of baking soda & hydro peroxide, lied to me. It works no better than sitting here on the couch and looking back into the kitchy, at the cruddy-greased out pan and giving it a little bewitched nod. Nope, that didn't work either.

Onto other news. I didn't feel rarin' to go this morning. My gusto plummeted, along with my blood sugars, and rather than hittin' the pavement running...I've been at more of a steady crawl...just hittin' chores. The kids seemed kinda let down by us not bailing, in order for them to sniff out any new developments.
So yes, the blood sugars were low enough this morning that I won't dose at all, until a recheck @7pm tonight, to see where things are at. My eatie chow intake has been super for the past couple weeks & that's making all the diff where that's concerned & and moving the scales downward as well. Of course the little extra activity I've been trying to maintain on the daily is surely a positive contributor as well.

The brace explanation makes so much sense, in how it will allow the footie to heal in the proper position and reduce the likelihood of stretching it out & re-injuring it. How did you come to know to look into this device? Is this something your doc had suggested to you? Man, feet injuries are just nothing to mess with!! Kinda like a knee, in that it's THAT important in helping us get about & function fully. Did you use it last night? Will it require that you stay laid on your back for it to sit/feel right?

Welperz, I best bust a move on these chores!!

Whatcha all up to today?!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #795
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Somebody!! Burger me!! I've got such a hankerin'!!

So the mansion does sparkle, and there was a nap...but the lame thing is that I laid down at 11:45...and awoke at 12:30, thinking the clock said 2:30. So I busted outta bed just as quick as I could, as I usually have coffee on the ready for the Hunkage when he comes home and I still had some choring I wanted to tend to. Then I realize, I'd only been nappy for 45 min. Ripped OFF!!

I watched a couple online flicks, documenting 2 folks who were addicted to meth and heroin. Horrible!! It's a real testament to how strong/resilient our bodies are, to endure such abuse.

Finally got around to organizing my dresser and a closet. I am soooo happy about this!! It looks like a little store.

So, about this burger??? Who's cheffin' it up tonight?! I'd like to drop by!!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #796
Blabbermouth!!!

Be still my beating heart maple bacon scentsy???? How long did it last? Did it make you starving for bacon all day??? Inquiring minds want to know!

What were ya trying to scrub off today with that concoction? Sometimes just good old salt on a scrubby pad is what I use and it works ok.

OK do tell!! How are you feeling now? Why did your sugars dip so low? Are you trying to tell me that you are able to cut out the dope all together on occasion now??? How much have you lost now? Is it still sort of dropping off or has it slowed a lot? What are your doing for clothing? You going nekkid up in this place since you have lost so much? Ok enough of the 20 questions!

I just threw on a coat of sparkle, I had painted my nails last night but just plain jane and I couldn't stand it! Its like a peachy/melon color I guess. Pretty! Oh and we hired our part time girl today She is my age. Actually her birthday is 2 weeks before mine and she is a hoot. Starts Monday so I want to get some easy things for her to do. I am super excited to be able to pass off some of the piddly jobs to her!
Old 08-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #797
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry maybe naty can help with the burger hankering! It was just G and me here for dinner so we went out. The went and picked up A from her friends and ran to the mall. I let them get a new book. We also hit a dollar store and got some supplies and made a few of those paper clip bookmarks from pinterest

Oh foot update, I could really tell a difference when I got up this am. No real change on my day to day though. Hopefully after a month or so it will start o really heal. You know I don't remember where or how I heard about the foot brace. Heck might have been on this site

So what made you watch the druggies documentary? I may have to pick your brains on that!
Old 08-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #798
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoa Nelly, Loteage needs the 411 dished out on a few ish'es. I up for the challenge.

The maple~bacon scentsy action...has lasted all day long. It has smelled as if I put on a show stopper breakie up in this joint. If I'd have been at a spot where I was truly hungry, than I reckon I'd have to say that this would have made me feel ravenous for bacy & pancakes...you bet. Highly recommend!!

Your evening sounds Great!! Did you guys love your end results with your bookmarkers?! Such a Cute idea!!

That sounds encouraging that you could tell a diff just from one overnight with your brace!! Yes, a month from now, it seems very likely that you would experience great relief in your day to day'ness.

The druggies hooked me by offering their show up before anything else thru the A & E website looked at all intriguing. I was an easy target I guess!! I've watched Celebrity Rehab before, and figured it would be kinda like that...and it kinda was, as in the families do interventions to get thru to the folks. As a matter of fact, that may have been the name of the program...Intervention. Very interesting how far these dopers will and can go for their fix!! You talk broken folk.

I will try salt & my scrubby for me next braving of the pan cleanings. I just felt in the mood to try out that stupid pinterest idea earlier, on a pan that is just inundated with baked on grease garb, from time & time of use.

So Neato that the part time gal seems like someone you'll be able to enjoy working with & that she can help lift some of the piddly burdens right away!! Yay for scoring a Good match right off the bat!!

Your sparkles sound very purrrty!! I hear ya on needed to add the extra bling!! I'm thinking about taking my current sitch & altering it to include some cheetah action!! OoOOoOoooh Spicy!!

I feel like I'm gonna get emo'ed out if I don't call it, right here...right now. BRB!!
Old 08-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #799
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think the sugars dipped so low overnight because of the very clean eaty & all my Iron Man action yesterday. : It's tough to guess how to estimate out the proper dose sometimes, when exercise has been added in. The body just responds how ever it's going to, and last night it just dipped a little lower than I'd believed it would. It wasn't a dangerous low...just enough to get me attention in the form of sweatin' & shakin' a bit.
So, yes...sometimes, with the right combo of the clean diet & working out...there are times where it would be dangerous if I did dope up & therefore don't haveta!! Obviously that is the goal. It just requires so much extreme discipline and keeping my head wrapped around it on the continuous. I've stayed on the straight & narrow all of this month. No Sonic'ing, no BBQ'ing. The payoff has really been worth it, in the reduced dope needs, more energy, more stable moods, and the poundage loss. I started the month out at 188, and now it's 182.5...in roughly 13 days.
I have a ton O' clothes, in all sizes...so I'm in fair shape there. No nakee!!
So that's it. Just keep pluggin' away at this thing.

When do the Little's go back to school? I think kiddo's around here don't start till after Labor day.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, for your bookmarkers...did you use buttons? If you did, did you find your buttons at the $ store & were you pleased with their button choices?
I was thinking about maybe doing some with some thin little ribbon tied to the ends.
This sounds like a project Naty would enjoy...especially with her reading all the books for her reviews.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:17 AM   #801
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YO Peeps!! What's the happs today?!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #802
Senior LCF Member

some of nature lol in the yard lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0633.JPG (68.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0638.JPG (77.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0634.JPG (55.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #803
Blabbermouth!!!

Love those Naty!!! I had them for center pieces at my wedding

No I didn't use buttons. We just did the paper clip with a pretty ribbon tied to it. Easy fot he kids to do Whats the button ones look like? I will have to go look, probably have it pinned and forgot what it looks like!

I am going to run to the store in a minute, I need bread. MaaaYYYYYbbbee a diet coke too I got some nice big tomatoes in the basket today so going to have a toasty tomato sammy for dinner.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #804
Senior LCF Member

oo a nice blt lol sammy lol or burger and tomato lol haha bacon lettuce lol oo u got me craving juicy tomatoes with bacon and cheese lol and burgers lol haha
Old 08-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #805
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Naty, I want some of those burger-tomato-bacon concoctions you're dreamin' up over there!! Like how about one of each!!
Such pretty sunflowers!! We have a patch of them in our front yard that the bees just go nuts over everyday!!

Wow Loteage, sunflowers at your wedding?! I bet that looked really pretty.
I looked all over the $ store for packages of buttons this afternoon, but they didn't have such a thing. Whatev. I like the ribbon idea anyway!!
I went with large paperclips, even though I don't enjoy the color selection quite as much as the smaller ones. I'm stuck with primary colors, whereas the littler ones were pretty pastels. What do you have??
Yes to that toasted tomater sammache & diet coke. Gosh that sounds soooooo Good!!

So things were hummin' along over here pretty good earlier. Took the kids for a quick walk, hit some daily's, lunches, plans to head out for some errand running...and wham, CT calls, leaves a message on the machine & totally kills me buzz. Seriously...just hearing her voice anymore irritates the crud right outta me. Just not a fan of hers one bit. Anyway, I got all kinds of runnin' around done this afternoon & won't have to jetson out tomorrow.

I -should- consider folding some laundries...and I -might-.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #806
Blabbermouth!!!

OH They should have had some pretty ones for you! We got big ones that were metallic pink, aqua blue, green, and silver. Some of the ribbon we used was too thick so it wasn't as cute but it worked. We left the streamers about 6-8 inches long.

I know how ya feel with CT! I get like that with MIL more so but same thing. I get to were I can't even stand to look at her. Usually when I have seen her too much. I know I need space from her for a long time when I get like that and then I am ok for awhile.

Well I seemed to have misplaced not 1...not 2....but 3 tomato sandwiches! Oh well, I didn't eat breakfast and hardly any lunch I was just tooooo busy so I dont feel that bad!

I went out and stained the deck for a bit but didn't make much headway. Was doing the shelves and a lot of nooks and crannies so it was taking forever!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #807
Blabbermouth!!!

Fine! I will do laundry too Let it be known I am not thrilled though! On the other hand ....I am sort of out of clothes so I suppose its time
Old 08-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #808
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Loty, you are my kinda girl!! Not 1, not 2, but 3. That is exactly my kinda chowing!! Although I wouldn't have necessarily had the excuse of having missed out on prior meals. It would have just been an addition to.

Good for you on getting out there & messing around with the stainage!! Especially after already having had a full day!! This is the sorta reason that you get to wear the crown.

<---Jealous about the metallic pretties that everyone else got!! No fair!! Plus mine aren't even metallic either!! Just plain Jane's. However...they could be Good choices for the Hunk's -hey budz- at his bible study group, when it resumes in the fall. It's a thought.

Yes, you've described the ebb & flow of the energies with & for CT very accurately for me as well. I feel like I haven't been able to settle the hostility level I have towards her down long enough, before she's reaching out yet again. That & much of her poor behaviors were highlighted for me in that book I read recently. After having finished it, I realized that she is not someone I would give 1 extra moment to, if she did not hold the relation to me that she does. And even then, that has me questioning why I would allow someone so toxic to remain a part of my life. It's just tough stuff...sifting thru & trying to put everything in it's place, mentally.
Oh, and Tom could be due to visit as early as tomorrow. Maybe that's part of me extra crazy right now. Send me a bill.

Yes, if I have to get my fold on, than I think it's right that you do too!!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #809
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think I'm gonna whip out the crock pot & stuff it with a whole chicky...so as to let it cook on low all night & make the kids some *Sicky Chicky* out of it!! I read on something/somewhere..., maybe it was pinterest pin...that someone had taken their potatoes & wrapped them up in foil & just set them on top of their chicken in there. I've never done it like that before, but it seems like a fine idea. So I'll do 1 yam and 1 sweet potato for them. Maybe a batch of carrots too. Yah!!
Oh yeah, gotta make up the Hunks oats too!! Almost forgot!!
Old 08-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #810
Blabbermouth!!!

I knew you would understand and not judge on the sandwiches!

So funny story....I went upstairs to get the laundry and my gosh my heart dropped into my stomach! I heard the scariest voice ever! I thought I was going to be cut up into a million pieces or kidnapped or something! Well I finally figured out what I was hearing! My window is open and the family room window is open. G had messed with my phone and gave ML a Darth Vader from star wars ring tone! I forgot about that and when he called me and my phone was ringing and the noise floated up through the open windows and then made me think I was going to be attacked! Good thing I was in my room already since I had to change my under garments!