Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #751
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Wow Naty, I am floored that you're able to bust out with the crocheting and yarn crafting that you produce, when you've only been at it for such a short time!! That takes a lot of dedication to your craft, to be able to learn it well enough to make goodies. Oh and patience. Gotta have a lot of that too!!
I've tried my hand at crocheting a couple of times now. I get just so far...which is not very far at all ...and then set it down, along with my enthusiasm for the project...and there it sits. Like I literally have my yarn & needles within my hands reach right now...and each time I kick it on the couch...but it's been months since I've given it much of a wonder.
What I would really like to create is a round drink coaster...that is kinda large...almost the size of a pot holder...times 4, in a combo of pink/black.

Loteage , poor little cookie. The household heathens are tickin' ya off? I'd imagine your tolerance for nonsense has shortened, considerably, since having all of the new demands on your time placed on you. That's hard. Very. The whole transition is a pretty big deal, I'd say. I hope your early bedtime gives you the rest & replenishment you need.
So neato that you were able to finally get out to an estate sale there!! I can't wait to see your piccys of your findings!! Patina, huh? You descriptive word showoff!! I have no idea what that means. Never heard it before. Googling Patina will be in my search history thing on here real soon. Then I can be a part of the cool kids that know what that is, and throw around my special new found word like everyone else might know it too. Yah, gonna.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #752
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
happy ness weights great at high calories verse lower cause i gain if at 1500 or less and starve finding need 2000+ last year was 2800-3000 lol

but now still 2100-2300-2700 sometimes lol
Old 08-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #753
Senior LCF Member

lol and while i do crafting i have electronics books all around feel have ADD lol have so much on while doing it all lol can't concentrate on 1 but have to do many like now doing 5 things
lol
Old 08-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #754
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmoring Peepages!! It's Happy Friday!!

Interrupted night O' sleep last night...between both the Hunk & the kids. Those hooligans continued to slumber in this morning, while I hauled my tired tail over to let Max in for breakie. I took me coffee...errrr...brew I mean, and sat & watched the morning news. He never showed. I'll pop back over in a bit.
Came back here & fixed warm bowls of sicky chicky & mashed taters for the kids. Hooked the Hunkage up with bacon & eggs. I chowed on a very green bowl of salad. So, everyone's fueled up around here!!
The man is gonna head out to Wally & grab stuff. I'm gonna hang behind & think about hittin' the daily's & washin' the sheets/towels. Might even consider a spell in the rain box. Maybe.

What's happening around these parts today?
Old 08-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #755
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
I had such a sad thing happen today. Remember AB boy? He is just a young kid, anyway this old guy comes walking in the office with him and they are both just looking at me and the old guy says do you know who this is? Well I thought they were kidding, like AB brought gramps in to meet me or something. Well I quickly figured out they weren't kidding! The oldy found AB boy wandering the roads and walked him all over the neighborhood trying to figure out where he lived. AB boy finally recognized the apartments and the oldy esc*orted him to me. The kid lost all speech and can't write anything other than a 3 and a C, thats it. He cant write his name, cant make a sound, nothing. But he recognizes people and seems to know what going on. He was trying to tell me what was wrong and wanted to write me a note but all it was is 3's. Then he got so frustrated he jut started crying. I am so broken hearted, he is such a nice boy I am going to assume he had a stroke. I called his girlfriend and she took him to the ER. They are keeping him overnight but no answers yet. Think he had a seizure though. I am guessing more than that, its been 6 hrs and he has no speech still

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210
Old 08-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #756
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my gosh!! I too think that sounds like a stroke!! Does he strike you as the kinda kid that might experiment with any sort of dope, that could have whacked his system? Strange!! Boy it's sure a good thing that the oldy recognized that the boy needed help & assisted him in getting him to you!! He could have just as easily walked away without offering him a bit of help. What a scary deal for that boy, and you too. I sure hope he pulls outta what ever this freaker is & regains his abilities!!

It's startin' to really rain hard now. I'm gonna go let Max in. BRB.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #757
Senior LCF Member

cause for fun well trying make all diff mario characters did a small mushroom at moment for my grandma (pink ribbon lol)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture059.jpg (17.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg picture058.jpg (17.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg picture057.jpg (17.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 08-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #758
Senior LCF Member

oh lotus i'm so sorry I hope everything goes ok.. will keep him in my prayers
Old 08-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhhh well, Max could really care less about the storm action. He chowed a little bit, Rob dropped over to visit with us...so Max hit him up for some pettin'z...and then he wanted to hang out on the front porch, while it's thundering & pouring out.

It's taken me allllll day to get around to the laundries, but I've got 'em whirlin' around in the dryer now. Then will be bed making time. MmMMmmmmMmm...clean sheets!!
Other than that, and some other piddly blah-blahs...I've done next to nothing constructive today!!
Rob washed the exterior winders, at the front of the house. He's quite pleased with himself.

Thinkin' about a colorful mani.

Cute creations Naty!!
Old 08-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #760
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, Loter...there's some pinteresty pins on me board for you!!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #761
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Watchin' EWS S03 E01. It's a set of twins...brother & sister. The brother's start weight is 470, and the sister's is 398. Such a sweet brother/sister.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #762
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I want a twin brother.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #763
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whew!! There was a close call there for a smidge...where I wondered whether or not I still wanted that twin brother...but after all is said & done, I still do.

I think I'd also like a couple tacos, with extra cold-extra sour cream. Did I say a couple?! I meant I'd want no less than 3.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #764
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, I will get right on the twin bro for ya!!! When CT comes back I will see if she maybe misplaced yours!

Well I am babysitting all day today. We have the little baby until around 6 tonight. He is so cute, hope it goes well, I am not set up for a baby anymore! We are hanging in the living room because the dogs don't go in there!

Ooopps BRB
Old 08-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #765
Blabbermouth!!!

Whew.....babies are a lot of work! He is sleeping finally! I have turned into a 3 headed monster yelling at the kids to be quiet! If they wake him....they will have to deal with it!

AB boys girlfriend called me this am. They have not found anything wrong, they are actually thinking that he had a strong reaction to mold. So now we have to go see whats up in that apartment! He is able to speak somse but still not full words and sentences. He is able to eat as well. So good signs of improvement! Scary though!

I went to the market this morning and got my basket of goodies. They werent there wed so they came today. I am super glad there is no zuchinni in it!!! We got tons the last 3 weeks
Old 08-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #766
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OoOOOoh the goodie basket O' goodies!! Do you guys enjoy steamed zucchini at all? We like that with butter, salt, and pepper, or lemon pepper for extra flave. Also super duper is to slice the zucchs down the middle, scoring them all the way down in their innards, buttering over the scores & sprinkling lightly with Lawrey's seasoning salt. Then we place them over the indirect heat of the Q'er. MmmmMMmmMmmm-Good!!
Are you still enjoying picking up your surprise goodie baskets?

How frightening for AB. I can't fathom having my own life interrupted like that and being left with just a puzzle as to why it came on, if it'll improve or worsen, or what might be looming out there, ready to silently strike & bring it all about again. Dang if it's mold!! That can really wreak havoc on a persons whole immune system, something fierce. While selling real estate, back out on the Coast, there was a beautiful -almost- new home, that overlooked the ocean, and was fully infested with mold. As in no one was allowed in with out full on gear & safety masks. What wasn't torn out & hauled away, was treated. The process was extremely costly. Extremely!! Seeing mold in homes out on the Coast was nothing new to us...but they were usually not so new of a home, and in such an affluent area. In this particular case, it was because the home was unoccupied from the time it was built and the owners didn't bother to run the heat at an even bare min. level. Can't do that on the Coast.

Baby hour at Lotyville!! Are the Little's just in 7th heaven over him? What a nice break for the itty-bitty ones folks. I bet that's just super appreciated!!

Hunkage had to run out to return his redbox rentals from yesterday...annnnnd grab himself a couple more. So I used the time to get some uninterrupted choring busted out. Also got a load of devileds prepped for him & some salami w/cream cheese-sliced green olives stuffed & packed away for his movie snackings. I reckon I'm thinking about making up a batch of me now famous Kale chips, with the other half of the Kale leaves, left over from the other day. Did you end up with any Kale in your veggie haul?

Never did get around to making the pigs pretty yesterday...so that'll need to happen this afternoon. Lord knows I won't have spare time to get to it tomorrow morning before church.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #767
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YO Peeps!! I napped for all of us. I don't know for how long...but I think it may have been quite a while...like maybe a movie & a halves worth. So there you go.
I'm gonna go put some brew on to brew...in order to get some wakey on, then probably pop over to Max's and then back here for that fancy-procrastinated upon mani.

Whatchoo girlies up to?
Old 08-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #768
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Teen found safe in Idaho; alleged abductor killed

That's the latest & greatest on the story of the 16 yr.old that was abducted by her Mom's boyfriend. What a horrible situation!!

My pigs are painted!! They're a flashy bright pink & sparkly silver...alternating. Totally gorge!! Of course I used the most newly/recently purchased "Sinful Colors" paint, so it also required the clear top coat for shine-ability.

Watchin' Cops.

I pinned a few desserty pins in the Loteage file today. Either they're things you might enjoy or I thought I'd consider if I'm feeling like making Hunkies Stamp Clubbers any special treats, for their gathering...aside from the boxed cookie mix they were/may gonna get.

Did y'all watch the "Love Boat" when you were growin' up? I did...a lot. Turns out that it's making it's last sail, to a ship graveyard, out in Turkey, where it'll be parted out for use to other ships. It was only ever able to pack 600 guests on the ship, where as current ones can carry 3,000 or so. Goodbye old ship.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #769
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my .....the little baby wore me out!!! Mom and Dad didn't get back till 6:45, I had run out of diapers and bottles and he was cranky!!! But super cute so I overlooked the cranky Then I took a nap.....not a Shawna style nap but I got one none the less!

ML is at a birthday party still. I am trying not to freak. These are people that he hasn't been around in probably 11 years. Its the whole gang of drinky buddies from a lifetime ago. ML was an alcoholic and still to this day he can refrain but once he has 1 he has 30. He said he would be home early and it almost midnight and no answer on his texts. Although he is in the middle of the boon docks so he probably has no service. Anyway I am trying to not go right back into full on panic mode like I used to but its starting to creep up! He hasn't been untrustworthy in these 11 years but he has not been in this high pressure a situation since then either. Uhg.....I should have went with him. I really really can't stand these people though! We are not cut from the same cloth at all! They are just going to love seeing him and the problem is ML is the total life of the party! All eyes are on him all the time and he is a very very fun drunk. So its an easy thing for him. Argh....I need to stop thinking about it! I will drive myself cuckoo!

Ok , I am going to go to sleep! Well *try* to go to sleep!!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #770
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh he just texted me back....said no drinks at all just mountain dew! That makes me sooooo relieved! I just know once he opens that can of worms they never go back in!!! And I am not there to babysit him!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #771
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my gosh...reading your note about the possibilities of a drunken party with the old cronies just had my level of stress spiking, horribly!! That combo of old drinky buddies, being fawned over due to such a stretch of time having lapsed since they've all hung together, and possibly meistering to epic levels...sounds like a loaded canon of problematic issues. I would be overwhelmed with all kinds of fears over that one myself. You bet!!
I am so relieved that ML had the sense to refrain as he did. I think that also speaks volumes as to where he is at with things. Don't you? Mr. Stable-Able!! I like it!!
I can relate to the 1 to 30 on the boozeage too. It wasn't that long ago that I'd have been able to claim mine looked something like 1-15 or so. No kidding. I didn't used to put it away like that, at all. As a matter of fact, I barely would hit it at all, ever, as I had an aversion to things that taste like crap, as beer & wine do. But then I decided I'd push past that...and drink enough/so much, that I didn't care what it tastes like. Well, once I perfected that, I was on a roll, and I like the feeling of being totally snockered...so I'd do over & over...every eve. Ahhhh well. There's a season for everything. That seasons passed.

I'll see you on the tomorrow!!
Old 08-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #772
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning my lovelies!

Got the cleaning bug today so hoping to bust out massive amounts of work!

I think I will too because we have a guy coming over to wire pot lights in the basement so I will feel like a jerk if I am sitting and they are working

Check in laters!!

Oh and I sure hope someone got in a mani/pedi before heading out ON TIME today!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #773
Senior LCF Member

hope this looks ok\
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture063.jpg (20.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

#768 is in the house.

Goodmorning Peepole!! Happy Sunday!!

Made it to church on time. Let me straighten my halo...we were even there early. Annnnd of course because we were available for it, we got to engage in the customary chit-chatter!! Awesome!!
Yepp, did indeed get the mani action taken care of!! OoOoOooh, pretty!!

What?! Lotyville's installing grow lights in the basement?? I guess I didn't realize the level of your friendliness. Truth--> Rumor would have it that the Hood's have quite the green thumb, but have refrained since we've lived in these diggs.
There's no way I'd be able to just kick back with a worker in the home either. Could that fellow be put to work on the basement renew, or is this the know it all fellow you had out to chat about it?

So you're bein' a bizzy bee today? I'll have to figure out what I'm up to. I -could- go mess around with one of my dressers that might need a big ole organizing.

Naty, soooo cute!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 08-11-2013 at 12:47 PM..
Old 08-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #775
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Didn't organize my wreck of a dresser & haven't made it back out into town to the market. No. But I did nap!! Annnd the dishwasher is a whirlin'. It's still early enough...I -might- still make it into town.

How's it goin' at yer homesteads?
Old 08-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #776
Blabbermouth!!!

Sometimes i feel like I have so much to say and so little time!

Grow lights! Ahhhhh Uh no not that exciting! Truth be told, ML dabbled before we met and I have never. I was to scared it would kill me! I tried a ciggy once and thought I was going to keel over so I never went any harder than that! Yup L-7 square here!

Soooo......let me tell you how this day went.... cleaned all windows, window sills, vacuum screens, move all furniture and vac and mop behind it, dust/polish/vac/mop all furniture and floors, scrub main bath, clean front and back doors, clean baseboards in living room/dining room/family room, and.....ended up having a impromptu dinner party for 8 The guy that came to do lighting in the basement brought his wife and then MIL the guy is just a friend of ML, he was an electrician so he usually helps with all things electrical around here! I have NO idea if or when the smarty pants boy will b back!

ML got a good chunk of the deck done, not much more to go now! Got dishes whirling now and sitting for a bit before bed. Going to go early cause I am going to work early. I am on a serious mission there and want to sneak in early to work on it!

So yay for making it on time to church!!! Was it outside today? Our weather is so so unseasonably cold! Its fantastic don't get me wrong but still no pool! That makes me no happy!

Last edited by lotus33; 08-11-2013 at 05:26 PM..
Old 08-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #777
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwwe, our pure little Loteage. Well, I've surely have imbibed quite enough for us both, and all of your generations to come.

Unreal how productive you've been today in the Loter Mansion!! That's full on award winning efforts right there!! The homestead must smell all nice & fresh/clean. Do you use Pine Sol?
What did you put together for your soiree?
So Great that ML gotta chance to get to the deck too!!

Nope, church was on the interior today. There were threats of lightening...and storm action. Nothing came of that, until just about a half hour ago.
We haven't been getting swimmy lately either. Partially due to the electrocution fears , and also because I wanna wait till our order of the swimmy vac hose comes in. The bottom of the pool has collected dirt that kicks up with the evening winds, and although the chem strips say all is well...I see dirt...therefore it's dirty. We could only locate the head of the vac at Wally, not the hose part.

What is this specialness that you're working on at the workforce? Is it decoratey special??
Old 08-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #778
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I reckon I'm gonna buck up & hit the market. It'll be the 1st time I go out, expecting it'll be dark when I return, and get to see how I -see- with me new eyes!!
Alright, over & out!!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #779
Blabbermouth!!!

I hope your new peepers work fabulously!!!!

Ours needs vac~ing too but its so cold! ML just no told me I had to bite the bullet and do it tomorrow anyway ....guess he is afraid of shriveling if he goes in!

Oh the dinner party eats were fab....steak, loaded tater skins, onions cooked in the bacon grease from the potato skins, corn on the cob, roasted broc and cauli, and apple and a cherry pie.

I know there was lots I haven't commented on that I read and wanted too and didn't. Sometimes I read posts on my phone and then forget to comment when I get here! trying to remember now

Anyway....yes I love zuchinni both of those ways! YUM! There was none in my basket this week though, which is fine I was getting sick of it! Yup the baskets are still good, as of now I am not sure that I would do this again but its fun for now.

Edited to say I just tried going through past posts to see what it is I think I missed....dang if I know!

Last edited by lotus33; 08-11-2013 at 06:35 PM..
Old 08-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #780
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh jeesh, remember I did mention that ML old buddies were a bunch of rednecks? He said they created a gas powered margarita maker Somehow hooked it to the handle bars of a bicycle as well so after they start the engine up they can sit on the bike seat and crank out frozen goodness! Oye!

He was very good though! Not a drop! Oh man I was sweating bullets though! He said they all have calmed down now. Just sat and reminisced of glory days and parties. Caught up on life, one of the guys wife ran off with his brother who happens to live right across the street from him! WHAT??? So he goes home every night and looks across the street at his brothers house and his wife and kid are there! Holy rednecks!!!

I have a few other stories but too much to explain for now!

I gotta get to bed!
Closed Thread