Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #631
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
I pinned the cutest little craft for you on your awesome board. If you ever have a need for a little gifty for your churchy friends its super cute!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #632
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
So is your new office lo-cal any closer to your homestead at all? I bet there will be many res folks who will miss getting to visit with you, at the old lo-cal. Are you happy with the layout of your new office space?

I Love the little bible candy craftage!! Totally adorable!! I'll have to pin that, and give it some thought!!

The Hunk just installed a Great new shelf in the office for us, which has opened up a great deal of space on the desk, that we were using to hold one of our file in/out trays. All of this to say, tomorrow I'm going to spend some time in the office, filing. Little known fact...I thoroughly enjoy filing!! However...just like cooking/baking in an un-organized kitchy, the space needs to be tidy & efficient...or I love it less.
<---So, excited!!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #633
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Do you have a fridge in your new office area, to store your lunch? What about a water cooler, for all that water you love chugging?!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #634
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Must-go-to-bed!!

See ya tomorrow!!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Peeper'z!!
Didja know that it's Michael Phillip Jagger's 70th Birthday today!!

I've been out trying to bond with me front yard for nearly 2 hours this morning. I wanted to give it a little tension before the heat came after us today. It turned out to be 96* yesterday!! It's supposed to be a little cooler this afternoon. Anyway, I have the usual complaints about my stint out there...including being scratched up, dirty...I sweated , and had to bend over for the whole town. However, in me effort to find the great joys in the adventure...I will say that the kids enjoyed their time out on the lawn, as my fan club , I reckon I can count all that bending and pullling as exercise, and the yard does indeed look a lot tidier for it!! So, I guess that did fill the pride cup up a little bit...and I will brag about it a bit during the lunch hour.

Next up, beings there's not enough time to track down pretty, between now & lunchies...I'm gonna go mess around in the office & do some doc shredding & filing.

What's goin' on around here?!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 07-26-2013 at 08:53 AM..
Old 07-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #636
Blabbermouth!!!

yay for less weeds at the Hood's!!! Wow that is hot! Is that unusually hot or do you get that high a lot?? You get big kuddos from me! I won't weed in that heat!!! NO way!

You are so organized! I need lessons from the master!!! I throw things in a drawer and when I get to it I get to it I should have a system, I guess I will need one soon!

Well we moved everything today. Transferred files, our computers, and personal things. Still have to unpack on Monday though! I was so sad today Lots of people came to say bye and lots of phone calls. Went to the other property ans saw all the mess we have to deal with My gosh I can't even describe it! Oh and ML is on the same street I am on now just 1 block down. The office is very very small! But their is a clubhouse with a full kitchen, pool table, and big TV. Also and indoor pool. I will take some pics for you!

Then went out to dinner cause I was so tired! ML was like if this si how tired your gong to be then quit. I was like ...ML...I just had a long long day today but I will be fine!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210
Old 07-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #637
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey!! We just returned from hangin' with the Old Boys, down @ Sonic. & I sure do enjoy those oldies...so much.
We're considering a bonsai, tomorrow, to a neato little town about 20 minutes from here, for a car show & big town event. Lots of our budz are planning to go & are beggin' for us to show as well. Probably will.

It's supposed to be about 10*'s cooler here tomorrow. That's more a norm for us during this time of year...like mid 80's I think. I think that's about perfect really.

Yes, for sanitys sake, I highly suggest a super duper filing system!! Especially now that your juggling duties have kicked up double fold!! We have a 3 drawer filing cabinet and the in/out bin. It makes managing all things paperwork in a household, effortless & stress free. I'd be happy to come over & make it all happen for ya!!

What an emotionally charged day you've had...and probably pretty physically wearing too...with a move being involved & all. I'd wanna just dip out for -already cooked up- eats too, after a day like that!!
So that's pretty cool that you & ML will be on the same street!! Maybe he could pop over for lunches or something?! I'm sure he's a-fearing that he's gonna miss his little Loty.
That's way neato that these new diggs have a club house, pool table, big ole TV & indoor pool!! That sounds like a fun place to hold a party!!

I just got the word that the Hunk thinks we need to hit the pool. So, over & out like a trout!! Back soon!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 07-26-2013 at 07:20 PM..
Old 07-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #638
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh shoot....ML = mulberry lane in this case not Mr. Loty....sorry! I didn't even realize when I wrote it! Mr. Loty is 35 min away! I meant the two properties were almost neighbors so its not much different in drive time for me. Only about 4 or 5 minutes

Yes, I would gladly let you organize my papers!! Thank you!!!!!

Oh yay its Sonic night!!! Burgers and fries it is!!

I have no idea what I am going to do tomorrow. I sort of want to paint my new office cause its such a nasty color and its depressing! I do have ot clean up some around here though. decisions decisions

have fun swimming!!!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ML=Mulberry Lane!! SO Funny!! Boy how that misunderstanding derailed us!! Maybe for future Mulberry mentions, we can go with MB?
That's a tough call on what to throw your energies into tomorrow!! Is your office mate eager to paint as well? Would she be helping, if you do paint tomorrow?

Yepp, you were pretty close, bout the burger & fry action. Instead of having what has become the traditional bacon double cheeseburger with heavy pickle, heavy onion...I downsized the burger to a jr. double cheeseburger and LARGE onion rings. I had a LOT of help with those onion rings!! Nearly had to roll the Hunk outta there, as he'd also had the tradish burger as well as all those O-rings.

Tomorrow you get to check the pool chems, huh?! It would sure be nice if all was well & balanced!!
Hey I meant to ask you, that pal that you have, that also purchased a cheapie pool & has had it up & running for 10'ish years...does she drain it all the way down, during the winter/snow months? We're not real sure how we wanna/should handle that yet.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #640
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
fooling around with sewing machine

took few days off then yesterday made hairy rug lol and did my first true item from sewing machine

all doll size lol

trying to move forward to upgrade from just blogging to actually cashing in on doll clothese or somehting with sewing lol

practice practice llol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture012.jpg (26.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg picture009.jpg (28.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-27-2013, 07:24 AM   #641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!!

I fell asleep watchin' Dateline last night, on the couch & didn't throw meself to -real- bed till nearly midnight!! I'd had some real dark/sinister nitemare-dream goin' down to show for it too. I was perpetruatin' muder on folk!!

Up & dolin' out breakie to the fam this morning. Gonna get a load of laundries started & then go get dolled up. Hunkie had forgotten that today was his morning to clean the church. So, he's slept in and seems to feel a bit thrown off with his plan of attack on the day. He's gonna need to enter this monthly cleaning date onto his computer calander, so as to get an alert the day prior. His wifes verbal cues aren't going far or having enough of a lasting effect.

That's the plan thus far for the these folk!! What are all y'all up to today?!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #642
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwe, cute little creations Naty!! Are you having all kinds of fun playing with your sewing machine?! With your creative talents I'll bet you're able to turn out some neat stuff!!

So, urrrrrrrrch, change O' plans for the day!! Our boy Ace seems to be unwell. We're not at all sure why either. Yesterday evening he gurged, quite a fair amount. Just one episode of it. He seemed extra nappy as well. This morning he didn't come out for breakfast, until I went to him & told him to come out. Then he refused to eat. THAT is a big concern, as that boys whole life is all about eating/food. He looks sad and worn out this morning. His whole countenace has changed and I'm worried about him.
I wanna just stay home & cuddle him and reassure him that he's ok.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #643
Blabbermouth!!!

Cute Naty!!! I would tend to think that doll clothes would be really hard to do! You could probably whip up baby or kid clothes in a hot minute!

<<<<give that to your boy Shawna!!! Wonder what he has gotten into??? Kiki was sick last week too though, do you think maybe you have a bad batch of food? Any recalls on it? Poor boy!

Had a pretty productive day so far. I did sleep in and then got up and went to the pool place, water is still a no go! Then the girls and I ran all over town looking for new office stuff. I think I will put that on hold. I just really want to reno and take out a wall, I am going to push for that hardcore!!! If I can't have it then I will paint but make the boys at work do it! ML will be soooo disappointed that we won't be painting tomorrow! Ya right!

Then I got the bug to get my hair did. It was in dire need again! Dang stuff grows like a weed! Anyway there is a salon that used to be the beauty school. They shut the school down but the head instructor bought the building and opened a salon and kept the same prices. Its like half of what you pay elsewhere. I had tried them when they first opened but was less than enthused. All the workers were newly graduated 18 year olds and while the job they did was not horrible you have to endure listening to my BFF did such and such and my boyfriend said this and that..... Crikey! It was a real unpleasant experience! But today it was some more *seasoned* ladies working and conversation was good and the hair came out great....and it was $65 for a 2 color highlight and a cut!!! WHoot!!! That place I just went to was more than double that! Needless to say I am supppppeerrr happy!!!!

On the home front projects, well I had ML call a girl he knows whose hubby is out of work. Maybe he will want to earn money! I just really don't get it! So AB never came back again. 3 hrs in as many weeks is not going to get the project done! This is begining to be thorn in my side for sure! I thought we would be done by now! I told ML to tell the hubby guy that he could have 20 hrs a week here. I will just pass over my new found 20 hours to him so it gets some progress!
Old 07-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #644
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, my friend does drain her pool every year. She doesnt take it down though. They they scrub it up real good and get all the leaves out of it and fill it back up every year. Hers is not the kind with the blown up ring around the top though. I had a friend with a little one of those, just like a 3 foot high one and they had to tear it down every year.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #645
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh for cryin' out loud, I just endured more whining and excuse giving from a EWS contstant than I can handle!! If you end up checking this particular ep out, I'd reckon it would have you cringin' just as much. Horrible!! Maddening!! Irritating!! It's with a gal named Trina, and it looks like it's their most recent. I actually -don't- recommend it. I think it's awful!! Plus, you have better things to do with your time!!

Oh, good to know about the friend emptying the pool for the season, but leaving it up. Something to think about. What a drag that your pool water is still toxic!! Are the pool folks suggesting another few days of treatment, and then another test? Are the nooks & crannies on the mend?

Yes, I will pass the gentle huggies onto baby Ace. We're not sure what he's gotten into. I checked on his Natural Balance foodie, but didn't see any current recalls. He's not saying what's up. KiKi was sicky, along with Ace, just a day apart, a few days back and we contributed it to their sensitive bellies not being able to handle the BBQ'ed meatie grub we'd passed along to them. Hmmm, I don't know. We'll just keep a close eye on him. Thankfully he's not getting worst. He chowed on two scrambled eggs earlier and drank some water. He's basking out in the sun on the back deck now.

It'll be interesting to hear what goes down, with either a bit of renewing of the new office or at least some fresh paint!! What color do you have in mind? Great idea to put the maintenance boys on the job!!

Yepp, it seems time to let go of any notion that AB will man up & get that job done. He seems to be totally UN-motivated to secure any cashola right now. Lose!!
I like your idea of funneling the new & improved cash outlet to the fellow who's hard up for income & seems to have dependants counting on him as well. That could be a win/win for everyone!! That's a most excellent plan of action!!

I saw JW's rounding the bend earlier. I'm not about to get any chit-chat on with them, but I also didn't want them ringin' our bell & gettin' the sickly one all riled up. So, I wrote a note, black marker/white printer paper..."No visitors today, please. Sick baby sleeping. Thank you". We watched as they'd gotten up near the door, spotted the sign & turned around. That sort of sign has worked every time I've used it. I like that!! Remember the heavy duty wooden signage that I painted all nice and placed on our porch? Not everyone respected that one. It's as if they just told themselves that the permanente sign did not apply to them & their cause for disturbing us!!
Old 07-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #646
Blabbermouth!!!

oh thanks for the tip on saving meself some irritations!

I am having serious problems finding my mojo tonight! I can't seem to find the want to do anything at all! I have a lot of needs to get done too! If ya have some extra send it on over!

Did just take Buddy and Sunday for a walk. Not far though. Maybe half a mile. We took him to the park and ran him. He can hardly catch a breath now! Silly dog....I actually think he would chase a ball till he passed out!

Alright...I'm gonna do it. Not sure what *it* is yet but I wil get on it!
Old 07-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #647
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HA!! Jason Statham has had me fixed here to the couch ...while I should be tending to folding the laundries and/or making a gozillian devileds for tomorrows Q at church. I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help to ya!!

That's so yay that your itty bittys got to go for a sport w/their Ma. Does Jackie say no to wantin' to hit the pavement with the other kids?
Old 07-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #648
Blabbermouth!!!

HA!!! Who am I kidding! its almost 9 I am not starting projects!!! Not happenin!

I think i am going to plan out some cleaning schedules and menu plans for the week. Yup that sounds like a plan!
Old 07-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #649
Blabbermouth!!!

Oooh whats that Jason boy up to?? I him!!!

Well jackie gets his panties in a bunch when Buddy is running like that chasing a ball so he isn't invited on those outings!

Well I guess we are gonna be lazy buddies together tonight!
Old 07-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhh well JS is playin' a moral thief in a flick called Parker. He is such a believable character in everything he plays!! Likey~Likey!! Vroom-Vroom!! The Parker movie is a 2013 & something the Hunk picked up at Redbox. He grabbed 3 or 4 vidz this afternoon. I couldn't tell ya what the others were...cuzz clearly they didn't have JS in 'em.

Yeah, I hear ya on Jackie not getting the invite. Ya gotta be a good/calm boy to get to go out as part of the fam.

Putting together a strategic plan for the week is a fab idea to keep the sanity!!
Old 07-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #651
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh we havent seen that one yet. Let me know if its good! Of coarse it doesn't matter if JS is in it we will watch anyway

We just watched Here Comes the Boom with Kevin James. It had some funny parts in it. The kids watched it with us.

While watching I did a whole month of meals! Found a nice planner online and just entered in some recipes!

Oh I forgot to answer you, A's rash cleared up, ML and meself are still
Old 07-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #652
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's affirm, the JS movie was Grrreat!! Highly recommend that one!! That'll be good for both you & ML...forsure!! Winner!!

Awesome possum about finding a user friendly online planner!! Very organizy of you!! Do you reckon you're going to lean on some crocking for this 1st week?

Poor rasherz!! Kinda figures that it's the chunky dunker's that are still all fouled up!!
We never did hit the pool today. It would have been primo weather for it too!! I don't know what happened to us. The day of doing pretty much nothing just got away from us.

So the egglets are done!! And they're Goooood!! A little bent outta shape though. I'd ordered a stack-able deviled egg container from one of the catalog companies (Lakeside), and just found that it totally is garbage!! When the containers are stacked, the top container actually sets directly onto the goodness of the bottom goodies, and the lid that is to be used to cover the very top container, does not make a proper-good seal. So...both containers are covered with lame aluminum foil and are sittin' ugly next to my proper-one story lidded one. Lose!!
Old 07-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #653
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning to yuz!!

So I guess we slept in a little bit!! The plan is to go get the ready on for the day & then peel outta here to church it up & Q with the crew.
Thankfully, Ace seems to be feeling a bit more spry this morning!! He's cuddling on a blanket/on the couch with me now.

What's the plan for the day around here?
Old 07-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #654
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I am so happy little Ace is doing better this morning!

Got up and went and got groceries for the new food plan for the week. I feel like I am starting a whole new life. Slightly dramatic I know but it really feels like I have that much change. It will be fine once I get a plan and a little organization. Then once the kids start back to school I am going to start really focusing on working out. I will have an hour every morning. I have to get G up at 6:30 to drop her off at 7:30 then come and get A and myself ready to leave at 8:30. So every morning while G is getting ready I will go downstairs and work out. For right now though I am going to really recommit to diet not only for me but the whole fams. Summer is weird. We seem to eat out a lot more. When we eat at home it healthy but we probably go out 2 times a week or get pizza or something. Anyway, I have to get back on school schedule eating!

OK gotta run! LOTS to do today!!!

Have a super time at the churchy festivities today!!
Old 07-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #655
Blabbermouth!!!

yes....the chunky dunkers are still paying the price!
Your such a brat!!
Old 07-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #656
Blabbermouth!!!

Sweet mother of pearl! I added more vinegar to the little potion you told me about. Its more 3/4 vinegar to 1/4 soap. None of us can breath! Are you using cleaning vinegar or regular? My goodness its strong!!!
Old 07-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #657
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
tryn to friend yas on facebook but can't find you lotus
Old 07-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #658
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Naty!! We bee frenz over @ the facebook!! I don't know that Loter still plays around over there anymore. If I recall right, she'd decided that she was done with that a while back. I -could- be wrong though!!

So the Greatest thing is that baby Ace is runnin' around, waggin' his nub & fully interested in chowing again!! What a relief!! The little puddin' cup is back to normal!!
We had a real nice churchy time. The whole service took place out in "The Garden" area, under big tent toppers, for shade...and then it all transitioned into BBQ time afterwards.
It didn't take me & the pups long to settle into naps, once we got back home. Hunky's been playin' with his stamps, ever since we returned. He's hosting a stamp club get together at the end of next month, at our local library. I'll be baking him & his new buddies some cookies and probably go find a corner to get some reading in, during their fun little pow-wow.

Loteage, I think it's right to see this change in your schedule/lives as a *whole new life*. Taking on all of these extra hours on a perm/fulltime basis will change quite a lot in your day to day worlds. It's super smart of you to be looking at the fams chow menu and cleaning schedules right now & anticipating how it'll be handled. Anything to reduce or avoid the stress of juggling too many things!! When do the Little's go back to school?

OH NO!! There's a cleaning grade vinegar?! I don't know anything about this!! For the potion, I'm using distilled white vin. What are you using?!
Old 07-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #659
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
tryn to friend yas on facebook but can't find you lotus
Oh no...Loty don't play that!

I cancelled my acct. Was never on there so I shut it off.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #660
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah, look in the store next time your there. I have been buying the cleaning grade vinegar in the gallon jugs for awhile. Its more acidic than the white vinegar so in theory is supposed to kill the germies more better Usually when I am using it I have it diluted in a bucket of water. But today....whoa! It was strong!I go through jugs of the stuff, baking soda too I found a 15 lb bag of baking soda at Sam's club for like $4

So just curiosity, what do people *do* at a stamp meeting?? Is the Hunk the one starting this little club? I am just boggled that enough people still do this to even have a club! Yes, I would say get yourself a nice coffee and grab a book and chillax while he plays!

So what did you have at the BBQ today??
Closed Thread