Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #601
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Yes, where SIL is concerned...I do believe you're putting in a whole lot more energy than most in the same sitch would. I think it's very kind of you to throw in full on effort to try to move the nonsense in the right/healthy direction, in the hopes that these relationships can move past the full on dysfunction factor and hopefully into something pleasurable and thriving!! One can hope!! You're certainly putting your best foot forward!! I really think that is so Great that you're taking the time to throw your thoughts onto paper for her. You're the sweetest!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #602
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Congrats! You win this round!!!!

maybe I should find a craigslister to work on my basement! Apparently the boy is not interested in $$$
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #603
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Yes, where SIL is concerned...I do believe you're putting in a whole lot more energy than most in the same sitch would. I think it's very kind of you to throw in full on effort to try to move the nonsense in the right/healthy direction, in the hopes that these relationships can move past the full on dysfunction factor and hopefully into something pleasurable and thriving!! One can hope!! You're certainly putting your best foot forward!! I really think that is so Great that you're taking the time to throw your thoughts onto paper for her. You're the sweetest!!
Yes, I certainy feel like loads of effort are being put in by me! Of coarse somehow I am also the one being blamed

Well, on other drama fronts....
I am working tomorrow in case the boss lady needs to go to the sister prop for any amount of time. I will have wed and thurs off. Wed I have a dentist appt though ..yay me!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Total win.

Oh how frustrating to not get any work outta AB, after it was already planned for. That is just so maddening to spend time on stuff that doesn't go anywhere, and to be left with another person to feel irritation towards!!

I totally don't get how it could seem like you're the bad guy in the whole SIL sitch...other than the unbalanced folk always have a way of twisting & turning reality. Ewww, if her & DB, or someone else for that matter, end up producing, will she be a CT?! A future CT to someone.

Oh boy...gonna be on the indirect front line tomorrow!!

What are you having done at the dentist on Wed.??
We're considering switching from our dentist to someone else in town, as we think our current fellow is coming up with treatments we don't neccesarily need at all, now that he's made some upgrades to his pracitce. I hate to think that about him, but really...given the sitch being what it is & the most recent experiences we've had there...I think it's time to bail & move on.
GirlKickinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blah...that 9 O-clock hour again!! Gotta do it.
See ya on the tomorrow!! Get Good sleeps & rests!! I hope your day runs smoothly for you!!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:49 AM   #606
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
ne your help I have to giveaway two noxicare pain giveaway items.. would you guys be ok to let me send it to you... you get an all natural cream to help with muscle and joint pain.. a tshirt.. it comes direct from them?

its a giveaway on my blog but no one is participating so need two winners lol

if so need addresses, full

to get sent to you thanks
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:51 AM   #607
Senior LCF Member

here you can find info on them Noxicare Natural Pain Relief, on facebook
Old 07-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #608
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Peepages!!

So it's supposed to be another mid 90's day here today. The kids & I bailed out early, in order to beat the heat & avoid the CT.
We did about a mile & 1/2, before Ace started refusing to keep up. Thankfully we were just down the street from the homestead & I was able to easily pack him back home with no trouble. Poor little Cookie. It's tough gettin' old.
For the real fun, once we'd gotten back in here, I decided to spiff up the back deck. There's a little floor mat, on the deck, right outside our slider door. Now that the deck had been stained, the deck is a bit slick, and I hadn't been able to find the rubber mat stuff that you put under carpets/mats to give them better grip...so, like a lame I stepped out there onto that stupid carpet mat and went surfing into half splits!! Wonderful...some new fun stuff for our neighbor folk to chuckle at.

On other news, the Hunk may be applying for an accounting position that's just opened up at a non-profit here in town. I printed out the info on it yesterday, for him to peek at...as I worry about the toll on his body if he continues the pace he has to keep at work. His feet and various joints in his body ache all the time because of it. So I just wonder if it may be time to consider something a little more cushy for the body. Secondary plus is that this position offers a good deal more pay and possibly much-much better health benefits. So, he'll likely throw his hat in on this & we'll just see where it takes him.

Time for me to go round up pretty, toss some lunches out there to the hungries & then run off to take care of errands & grocery gatherings.

What are y'all up to today?!

Hi Naty!! Yeah, sounds like fun...I'll pm you my address!!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #609
Senior LCF Member

ty for helping
Old 07-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #610
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Forsure Naty!!

Well I bailed outta here earlier & hit the hospital for the doc's I needed, and then got meself derailed over at Wally. I was only planning to buy soap there & then I was to continue on my merrily way. It didn't go that way at all!! I did get the soap, annnnnd 3 nail polishes, and two white daisy flower hairclips , a box of Atkins pretend Reese's peanut butter goodies , and a big ole box of no sugar added Ice Cream sandwich goodies. What?!?! That was not the plan!! Seriously...I haven't chowed on an Atkins goodie for probably 2 + years. Maybe that's why when I saw them today, it was like seeing an old pal & I didn't really even consider declining the invite. My big turmoil was just trying to decide if I needed that flave or the choco-coconut, pretend Mounds kind.
Then you know I've been kinda obsessing about the ice cream sandwiches for a few days now. What a glutton!! Now me guts are a thundering!! It seems I've had 3 ice creams and 2 candies today. The ice creams, because they aren't the -real thing-, but rather the nasty no sugar added kind...were bleck...at best. I guess I just needed a few go arounds with them to make sure. The candies however...they were as good as I remembered them being. So, I made myself all kinds of sicky icky, and had to go to bed with a belly ache when I got home. It reminded me of all the halloween nights as a kid when I was growing up.

So, aside from that & grabbing the kids some greenie treats at Petco...that was the end of my big outting. I never did hit the grocery store, cause at that point I had ice cream trying to melt in the car. I thought I'd rest off my candy coma & head back into town later. NO. Forget it. Maybe tomorrow.

That was the fun around here. What are you guys up to?!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #611
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is mani~pedi hour!! And then guess what?! Who's Line is it Anyway is on in an hour from now!! A brand new EWS is on too, but I'll catch that another time, on the puter.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #612
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi gals! I am just exhausted!! Such a long emotionally straining day

I just have to go to bed, we are watching a movie though. Trying to make it through but it doesn't look promising!

catch up with ya later
Old 07-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #613
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's affirmative Loter. Poor thing. I figured that for one reason or another you'd be feeling pretty spent by this evening. I hope you're able to let your mind rest & feel fresh for your tomorrow.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #614
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning to yuz!!

Bein' a chore girl today, and using the 15'er timer to keep me on track. I've already gotten so much done!! That stokes me out!! Lot's more I wanna/needta hit.

What's goin on with all ya all today?!
Oh yeah, Loter it's dental day!! What are you having done?
Old 07-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #615
Senior LCF Member

gm all food shoppping day for me lol
Old 07-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #616
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Naty!!

Stay away from the ice cream sandwiches & Atkins bars!!
Old 07-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #617
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, what's the happs around here?!

It's been a pro-duck-tivv day over here!! Really, I got so much done...things are sparkling, paperwork & phone calls are caught up on.
We have some warnings for lightening this eve., so I'm guessing we won't be swimmers.

Oh yeah, the report on the new nail polishes from Wally yesterday!! The brand is "Sinful Colors". There were many very cool colors to choose from, and they're all only $1.98 each. The quality seems to be there and I found that while painting away, the polish is very forgiving and goes on nicely. There ya go...go get some!!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #618
Blabbermouth!!!

Whao lots going down around here.

Let me go catsup and BRB!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #619
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
For the real fun, once we'd gotten back in here, I decided to spiff up the back deck. There's a little floor mat, on the deck, right outside our slider door. Now that the deck had been stained, the deck is a bit slick, and I hadn't been able to find the rubber mat stuff that you put under carpets/mats to give them better grip...so, like a lame I stepped out there onto that stupid carpet mat and went surfing into half splits!! Wonderful...some new fun stuff for our neighbor folk to chuckle at.

On other news, the Hunk may be applying for an accounting position that's just opened up at a non-profit here in town. I printed out the info on it yesterday, for him to peek at...as I worry about the toll on his body if he continues the pace he has to keep at work. His feet and various joints in his body ache all the time because of it. So I just wonder if it may be time to consider something a little more cushy for the body. Secondary plus is that this position offers a good deal more pay and possibly much-much better health benefits. So, he'll likely throw his hat in on this & we'll just see where it takes him.

Hey aren't you taking your love of AFV a little too far???? Your gonna land yourself on that show if any of the neighbors catch ya doing that!!!

Yeah! Any update on the Hunk applying for the position??? Wouldn't that be great!!!!! I know he has the same basic work conditions as ML and the being on hard floors like that all day does him in sometimes. I think its a great opportunity for the Hunk! I hope he gets it!

Quote:
a box of Atkins pretend Reese's peanut butter goodies , and a big ole box of no sugar added Ice Cream sandwich goodies. What?!?! That was not the plan!! Seriously...I haven't chowed on an Atkins goodie for probably 2 + years. Maybe that's why when I saw them today, it was like seeing an old pal & I didn't really even consider declining the invite. My big turmoil was just trying to decide if I needed that flave or the choco-coconut, pretend Mounds kind.
Then you know I've been kinda obsessing about the ice cream sandwiches for a few days now. What a glutton!! Now me guts are a thundering!! It seems I've had 3 ice creams and 2 candies today. The ice creams, because they aren't the -real thing-, but rather the nasty no sugar added kind...were bleck...at best. I guess I just needed a few go arounds with them to make sure. The candies however...they were as good as I remembered them being. So, I made myself all kinds of sicky icky, and had to go to bed with a belly ache when I got home. It reminded me of all the halloween nights as a kid when I was growing up.

So, aside from that & grabbing the kids some greenie treats at Petco...that was the end of my big outting. I never did hit the grocery store, cause at that point I had ice cream trying to melt in the car. I thought I'd rest off my candy coma & head back into town later. NO. Forget it. Maybe tomorrow.

That was the fun around here. What are you guys up to?!

moderation much????? Well cant confirm for sure....but i may have done that a time or two....but with real ice cream Just funny to see someone else do it!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #620
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Oh yeah, Loter it's dental day!! What are you having done?

Ended up just being a cleaning! yeah! I just couldn't remember what the heck I had scheduled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
gm all food shoppping day for me lol
Anything yum worth sharing???????

Quote:
Hey, what's the happs around here?!

It's been a pro-duck-tivv day over here!! Really, I got so much done...things are sparkling, paperwork & phone calls are caught up on.
We have some warnings for lightening this eve., so I'm guessing we won't be swimmers.

Oh yeah, the report on the new nail polishes from Wally yesterday!! The brand is "Sinful Colors". There were many very cool colors to choose from, and they're all only $1.98 each. The quality seems to be there and I found that while painting away, the polish is very forgiving and goes on nicely. There ya go...go get some!!
What did you think of the shine? I am wondering if maybe they come in different sheens? I have a hot pink in sinful color and its so dull! Like flat paint. I use it under a thick sparkle and its ok though. I agree it does go on nicely for being such a great price!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #621
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi there!!

Oh yes, you are very right, the polish that I picked up from that brand is flat/matte as well. However, I'd also grabbed one of their clear coats & topped 'em with that...Wha~La...Shine!!

Ahhh, clean teefuses for you!! So Glad it was an easy appt!!

Yeah, the Hunkie is set to visit with the new wanna-be employers tomorrow, after he gets outta work. I'm so excited to hear how it goes!! I think it would be a Great time for a change & give those poor feet a break!!

Moderation???? What?! NO!! That's why I don't usually bring that kinda garbage into the house!! Today wasn't much better than yesterday. 2 Cannies & 2 Ice creams. So I reduced it back by 1 ice cream!! Maybe I do know about moderation!!

So what's new with you?!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #622
Blabbermouth!!!

Well my day was all over! I ended up having to go to work for the morning but before that ran to the farmers market for my basket, then got home and the guys I hired to cut down a tree were here working Now the pool will have sun all day! Better yet, no more pine needles! A had a friend pick her up and then I went to the dentist. A came home, we went shopping for MCT birthday present and then met her for dinner. I got her one of those rags/towel thingys that you get wet and it stays cold for like 5 hours. She has terrible hot flashes with menopause and I thought it would help! Also got her (and me ) some powdered super food additive to put in smoothies and juices and things.
Let me see if I find them online so you can see what I got.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #623
Blabbermouth!!!

It is Wai Lana's super fruit powder. I bought all 3 flavors. They were on sale at Bed Bath and Beyond for $14.99, which now that I am looking is a great price! The cheapest I have seen online is $21 most places at $29 ish. Maybe I should go get more????
Old 07-25-2013, 06:27 AM   #624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goot mornin'!! I can't stay!! I gotta get me hustle on this morning!! I'll ketchup soon!!

What are you Peeperz doing with your day?!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #625
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 07-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #626
Blabbermouth!!!

I got lots to do this morning too....so I brought us extra coffee to do things faster with more energy!!!

<<<<<<brilliant this one!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Thankie for the coffee!! I could totally use a refill & some get up and go!! I hope all is going well around these parts today!! I've gotta haul back out into the big world, but I shant be gone long!!
Old 07-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #628
Blabbermouth!!!

well got lots done on my last day off

worked outside on various projects. sitting down now just waiting to hop in the shower and get the grime off!

OMG!!! Remember that cute bunny???? I found his body in my flowers I dont want him here but I didn't want him to die in my flowers

ML took a pool sample in today too. The people were freakin! Said nobody is to go in the water again until they test it again on Sat. They gave us some stuff to straighten it out. He said that it was like acid water. He asked if anyone had infections at the house and ML was like ....yup I am still not understanding the why of it though. He explained why but its not making sense to me! Anyway they will test again on Sat and figure what else to do.

Hey! How did the Hunk's meeting go?????
Old 07-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #629
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm tired of running around!! It's in the mid/high 90's & I just didn't feel like hauling around town today...but had a lotta -had-ta's-. I came home whooped...took a short little nappy, but woke up with a sleep injury to me neck, causing me a fat ole headache!!

Loteage, your bunny story is just awful.
Were you a gardener today? I need to spend some time pretending to like yard work. Maybe tomorrow, before it heats up.

So a Holy Canoli is in order for your pool water sitch!! Yikes!! Well no wonder y'all busted out with rashy McRasherz!! Dang, that's a tricky little balance there with those chemicals. Are you still all tore up? We had a run in with our chems being way off in our hot tub, back when we lived on the coast. We'd also taken in a sample of the water to the spa folks & they flipped, like your pool folks and gave us the full on lecture of the dangers of letting the chems get outta whack. We were tore up with rashes too.

Hunky did indeed go chat the folks up about that position, but found out that they'd already filled the spot & just didn't get around to pulling their info off the internet. That's so irritating and inconsiderate!! However, it did give him & I the opportunity to sit with the thoughts of him changin' outta the current position & into something else and we're both very much in favor of it, if the right sitch comes along.

Headin' on over to read thru some notes!! Back soon!!
Old 07-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #630
Blabbermouth!!!

What???? They even let him come in and talk to them thinking the job was still available??? NOT cool!

Yup, was in the garden a bit. Got my weeding done that I neglected awhile back. Going to move some hydrangeas around this weekend I think I have 1 HUGE one in a corner so I think I will split it up and start a hedge of them on the side fence line.

I am going to *try* to go into work really early tomorrow. I have to pack my desk and my plants and some other things and move them to the new office. And I have a lot of clean up of files to get taken care of.