Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Okay, I'm easy-peasy, and am equally down for the grilled chicky w/zucch tonight. I'll go ahead & reset my wanna-meter for crocked Roast tomorrow.

Yepp, I think you're doing the right thing, by gettin' your swim on now, early...before any storms roll in and zap you out there!! That is how it goes, right? We shouldn't be in the pool if it's lightening...even if it is in the 90's & we think we are gonna heat stroke if we don't get to swim?? <---Seriously. If you know the for realz answer on that...then sharing it would be a fab plan!! Rob seems to think that lightening would be more likely to go for the top of one of the homes.

So, the nap went down. Now it's time to moppity-mop the living rm-dining & kitchy. Oh yeah, and hall. This is the -only- time that I miss having lots of carpeting through out.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #512
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14

This song gets me everytime I hear it

Oh no, we never go in the pool if there is heat lightning or thunderstorm lightning! Nope not ever!

While I see the Hunks point that it generally seeks out the highest point, water is such a conductor and dangerous that we just don't do it! Although I am sure lots of folks do and are fine, and the chances of getting struck are slim so you probably would be ok, we just dont

Found online....

Summer is the most dangerous season for lightning deaths and injuries. Nearly one hundred people die from lightning strikes each year, and hundreds are injured. If you see lightning or hear thunder, you are a potential target for a lightning strike. Lightning fatalities or injuries occur most often when you are:

Near or in water - indoor and outdoor pools, including showers or plumbing.

Near or under trees and tall objects - diving boards, towers, lifeguard stands, poles, etc.

Near vehicles or buildings, instead of in them - under awnings or unenclosed buildings.

At recreational facilities and open areas - pools, ball fields, golf courses, and parks.

Near the storm, especially before the storm arrives and after the storm has passed.
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #513
Blabbermouth!!!

let the choring commence.... yay
Old 07-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #514
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
sry if dark

shawl purple lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo_00221.jpg (37.5 KB, 2 views)
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #515
Blabbermouth!!!

Naty thats sooooo pretty!!!!! Good job!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GUESS WHAT?! The latest & greatest *Who's line is it anyway?* is starting right now!! Such a fan!! We've seen those original fellows live, and they are just so quick!!

I'm listening to Loty's special song right now. Pretty love song...sweet-sweet story, and the fellow sounds *really* good. I totally picture ML thinking this of you.

Oh I'm just not a fan of the consequences of these lightening swims at all!! I was totally fixin' to usher us out there, and paused just for a moment, to look at any developments around here. That's some scary info!! Especially the part about it being really dangerous -right before- a storm. Gonna be paraniod now!!
GirlKickinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #517
Blabbermouth!!!

Got my jobs done, dinner was yum, went swimming again, scooped poop and took out trash cans. I just painted my fingers and toes and now I am thinking why??? I want to go to bed and now I can't! silly me!!!

Ok I gotta tell you I bought that little dress today and I was so self conscious but I put it on and just didn't take the tags off. I gotta tell you I was so comfy all afternoon but the best thing, when ML got home he was like oh you cute, you should buy a bunch of those. So I thought ya know even though i have my own issues he still loves me regardless of how much of me there is
Old 07-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH, I LOVE your dress story!! You know I need to see this little #!! Were there other colors that you liked in the same or sim style?! How exciting!! Yes, that boy does love his girl!! So did those tags come flying off or what?! Does your dress have any sort of sleeve? Is it anything like the purple one?! This is such good news!!

Your day sounds devine!! Well, maybe aside from the scooping and taking the trash out & not being able to crash out because of wet paws. Really, after ML's little love comment...it's All good.

2nd Who's line episode now!! That's yay, but I was hoping to hop in the shower, before 9pm. Clearly can't happen now.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #519
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I didn't know it was coming back!!!! I love that show!!! I am going to have to look it up to see who is on it. Is it the same guys?

Oh well don't be paranoid, just don't go if there is a storm!

Got a text from the Kaka's...I guess they are coming for the weekend.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ryan, Collin and Wayne Brady!! Love them!!

Will the KaKa's stay the whole weekend?

Yes, I will steer clear of the pool during the -known- storms. I'm just a little askeered about the unknown surprise storms. I'm sure it'll be just fine...mostly.

I see that CT is back. I thought forsure that she'd spend another night out there...beings the drive is 4/5 hours each way. Nope.
On a plus note...that manipulator book I ordered is due to be here tomorrow!! So, I'll need to power read on that action when it gets here!!
I would like to submit an addendum to the -expire out @ 65 program- and roll that back to 60. CT is 60.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #521
Blabbermouth!!!

Isnt this cute!

Old 07-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YES it is!! Is that your little dress?!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have to go to bed!!

I'll check you back tomorrow!! I need to be in the know about all of the Loty-Line changes that could be underway, and most specifically I need to understand if this new dress-wear is being worn sleeveless. I think I would have to RE-dedicate, and actually DO my arm exercises to EVER-EVER be able to pull anything like that off.

G'nighty night!!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whilst I'm thinkin' on it, as part of the marketing crew here......I think either "The Loty~Line" or "Loty~Wear" would make fab clothing line brands iffin's ya ever get too crazy & whip out your sewing machine. There ya go...I can rest easy now.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #525
Blabbermouth!!!

You just crack me up!

Ok...get your sleeps on! We will talk fashion tomorrow!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Peeps!!

Up & at'em this morning!! We hauled the paper recycling out...after the handle busted off, mid carry. Then the kids & I headed off for a little adventure. Turned out to be very little...only a mile, but we were all happy to get out & about.
The planaroo looks to be to search out pretty, throw down lunches and maybe bike out to pick up some of my dope, and hit the market for whatever I can squish into me backpack. We'll see how it goes!!

What are ya all up to?!

*So much for having followed thru on hitting submit I guess!! I wrote this note probably an hour or more ago!!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yippee, got half of my errands takin' care of...and just ran into complete nonsense with the other half. Seems that some things will have to wait till the Hunk comes home, as some items we have to grab from a *site to store* order, can not be handed over to the wife, bearing the husbands ID and email print out/reciept. Nope, either the Mr. picks up these items or no one does.

Ahhh well, now that I'm home...I can chore out!! Ewww, CRANKY!!

What's going on around here?!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #528
Blabbermouth!!!

Well that is a total bummer!! But I guess I can see why they wont let you take it. Just super annoying though!

Hey your book is here though right?? Get any reading done?

I was all stoked to jump in the pool when I got home and now its all stormy looking out Its sooo sooo hot too! I was so hot at work even with the air on that I was rolling up paper towel and stuffing it under the girls cause I was so afraid of boob sweat going through my shirt! How is THAT for a fun visual for the evening! Sorry you won't be able to undo that damage!

Oh my gosh, you would not even believe the topic of conversation on the radio this am going to work. I can't even make this up! It was a whole thing on lightning strikes! They had a tv meteorologist on and he was laughing because he freaks out about lightning because he knows what it can do. He also had a fun fact for Michigan. We are #26 in the country for thunderstorms but # 2 for lighting injuries! Apparently we are stupid up here!!! No he said our numbers are so far off because there have been a couple of times where whole beaches of people were struck at once so the numbers are out of whack. Anyway I was thinking of you all morning wishing you could tune into that station with me!!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yepp...the book-weaponry is in hand!! It looks like it'll be a quick one to devour too!! I hope it's as helpful as I need it to be!! The ratings were sure good.

What a let down, to be such a sweatty sweater & looking so forward to gettin' the swim on...only to have that notion nipped out.
Paper towel stuffing!! Oh my...how uncomfortable!! A friend of mine, Sandy, sweats like someone's threatening her life...over nuttin'...but only under one pit. Sometimes she'll rig a shoulder pad underneath for extra coverage...otherwise she'd be changing out her shirts over & over throughout the day. What a pain!!

So interesting about your lightening stats!! Makes sense that a bunch of folk were struck down at once, in order to get that #2 rating. Supposedly we're all clear till next Tue. for more lightening shows. What about you guys?

While I was out over at Rite Aid, pickin' up my dope...I saw the cutest stretchy tube topage sun dresses!! I was totally thinking about your *you cute girl* love~compliment from your ML. Do you have Rite Aid drug stores in your neck of the woods?

We popped in the pool for a smidge earlier, just for a quick cool down, then came in & chowed on some loaded Tuner salad. I think we've got our eyes set on one more splish~splash. Then I'm thinking about checking out one of the -Extreme Weightloss- flicks & gettin' some read in.

Hey!! You get tomorrow off!! Any plans for your day?! Do you have to spruce the palace for the KaKa's visit?
Old 07-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #530
Blabbermouth!!!

Ahhh....all better now! While the storm passed I took a little siesta and then woke up and was able to take a dip! Just came in, put on some jammies and now I think I will do the very same as you, watch a couple britty shows.

Oh how terrible to be a heavy sweater! And only on the one side! Like all her glands went to one side of her! Yikes! I am not like that, it was just hot in the office. Even with the air on it was 78 and humid Those AC's are so bloody old they hardly work!

Oh yeah we have a Rite Aid, would never think they had clothing though Next time I am there I will be on he look out! Oh and this is just Loty~house~wear! I am not going out in public in these dresses ya know!!!

So what ya gonna watch, maybe I will do the same! You know I wish that the supers show would show what the diet was they are sent home with! That would be helpful!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I agree!! Don't the brittys know that we need alllll the details!!

Yeah, I get that we're talking about Loty~Home~Wear!! Well, mostly. I wonder if some of these little outfits couldn't be fitted with a little sweater addition & then be Outdoor~Loty~Wear?! I saw these little dresses on a circle rack, up at the front of their store. Aside from the cuteness factor, I really liked how light weight the dresses felt!! Hmmm, I may have to think on just picking one up & seeing if it could be all that I hope it could. It would surely be an easy return if not.

Yay that you got a nappy and a dip!! That's a nice combo...especially when it's followed up with pj's!!
I was thinking of watching Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition on ABC...possibly the Transformation 7/2...as that looks like it could be a -couple-. However, if you decide that you're gonna check one of those out...and you get to it before me....let me know which one you go for...and I'll watch that one!! SAME!!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #532
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh yeah, I haven't watched them yet!

I just found the one on 7/2 starting now!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #533
Blabbermouth!!!

wait..what I found was only 3 minutes....LOL I messed up!

Do you mean these people??

Old 07-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I could only see a little tiny photo of them...so that could be it!! I'm gonna check it out now!!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #535
Blabbermouth!!!

Are you watching them?

Jason is a broken human!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, being a watchy. Totally broken.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #537
Blabbermouth!!!

I just finished it.

How have I never seen that before??? I was dang near sobbing at the end. How inspirational and at the same time I am feeling like after watching that and seeing how broken that man was I have to look at myself and see if I am that broken. Now obviously he had other reasons besides weight as a burden but for the mentality of the weight loss I related a lot with him. Its like you don't think you can or that it will ever happen so why bother.

Hmmm....I have some internal searching to do now. Really look at why I dont/wont lose the weight!

Thanks a lot! I should sleep just great tonight!

Kidding....I can sleep through anything
Old 07-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #538
Blabbermouth!!!

Alright....I will catch ya later! Going to hit the sack!

Nighty night!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well Missy Miss...Welcome to the heart tuggin'-relateable stories!! They are so darned inspiring!! So one that I'd imagine you'd enjoy very much is the one with a gal named Jami. Boy oh boy does she have a story!! Such a beautiful unfolding of a person really coming into their own.
Yes, there's plenty to think on!! We can totally use these stories to help keep us motivated!! Let's do it!!
Now get to bed!! Let's make an effort to move closer to our goals tomorrow!!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:42 AM   #540
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I am up earlier today than I am on days I have to be up ML had to get a cap put on a tooth so had to be up at 7. But I got to sleep right through till then, no getting up at 3:30 with him so I am not tired now. I think I will go yank a few weeds before it gets too stinking hot! Then house sparkling today. Would be nice to play all afternoon but I know he will want to work on stuff because he is off and will be at the dentist for 4 hrs today so that will cause him to feel behind on whatever agenda is goin on in his little brain

OK last night I looked at A and was just hit with a feeling that she is going to be in a terrible car wreck. Like hit me out of the blue and my chest tightened and panic hit. She is going with SIL tonight for a sleepover. I just could see SIL calling me to tell me they got in a terrible crash. I shook it off as I was being a jerk about not wanting to deal with DB ever and was a little ticked at myself for subconsciously trying to withhold the kids from them. However...I woke up this morning with chest tightening and panic about it again and an overwhelming feeling of her in a car wreck. I cant be for sure if it is because of DB or one of my little intuition deals but I do believe I will cancel the sleepover. SIL and A will both be mad at me but oh well. We will never know if the vision was right or not because she is not going. I texted SIL this morning telling her be careful too in case it is just her that is going to be in a wreck. I didn't tell her that A is not going yet. I figured I would break this out in baby steps! These things are usually right. Not always so dramatic but usually right. The last big one was the dog drowning remember? Had I not acted when I did she would be gone. I have learned by now not the fight it. I have gotten them over illnesses with people, dogs dying, A when she was little, oh jeeze several. I just go with it now.