Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #331
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Ban BIG bums!!!

lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Ban BIG buns?! That must be something them britty's taught ya!! Very interesting flicks, huh?! I think you'll really enjoy the embarrassing ones too. I sure have been!!

Don't you worry or give too much thought to that stickin' 1.5 action!! That could be as simple as a poo!! How has the cabbage action been for you? Has that gone down at all? I'd reckon now that you're back home & in your own kitchy environment...with more home prepped meals...you'll see a shift by the next TOPs visit!! That's my guess!! Oh yeah, and then to add in your swimming time to that too...I'm gonna bet that'll make a diff!!

Neato idea on joining the farmers crop share!! I've considered that...as a couple of our friends partake in the abundance in their towns and seem to really be enjoying bringing home their surprise hullls. I've restrained only because I'm such a planner, that I'm concerned that it would stress me out to have to switch my chow plans for us, and come up with ways to incorporate these -surprise- goods into the mix, and have to shop around those items and try not to waste what I got from there and the regular -planned- items from the store. It's just too much for this little brain to handle!! I sure do wanna hear all about it though, if you decide to dive into the experience!!

Oh so that's a sweet little story about the little boy!! Did y'all have a good time havin' him over? He must have had a blast...a couple girls about his age, a swimming pool, a movie!! That sounds like a fun time for everyone!! What did the girls think of him?

Yes, I think it's very Good of you to begin thinking about how to handle this enormous task ahead of you, of whether to shift to aging only every 10 yr.'s, or hold steady with the 5 yr. plan. These are the BIG decisions we're warned about, that we'll face in our life times, and I'm just glad we get to go thru them together!!

I don't know where I'm at with my Emo count...so I'm gonna ship this one out & start another.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well Hooray for naps!! I may have gotten a couple hours in, here on the couch, and bam-boom, when I woke up...that blasted headache was totally gone!! I really have been so fortunate, in that a nap/rest will usually completely wash away a headache.

I've had such a time with trying to get at all the tasks around here, over the past couple of days, as I've been in town, on the run each day. That's gotta come to a stop!! Tomorrow I am gonna stay around here & chore!!

I biked while reading the paper today...so obviously it was an indoor ride. I only parked a -little- farther than normal from the stores today...as it was raining & I didn't feel macho enough to care about going for the gusto.
So there was no coffee/coconut oil at all today!! I had the hardest time with that during the mid afternoon...but told meself that I could go ahead & have the cup I was pining for, if I still wanted it, after having the cup of G-Tea. I didn't care about the coffee after the tea though...so WIN!!

Oh yeah, that movie, "Hungry for Change", is something I found at our library. I was so surprised that they had it there, as it's a 2012 flick!!

Ewww, it's totally scootching past bedtime. I dint get to watch any britty today!! Maybe tomorrow!! I hope you're enjoying a full dose for us both!!

Okaaaaay, G'nightage!! See ya on the tomorrow!!
GirlKickinIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #334
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning peeps!

Getting a late start to the day! Somebody slept in! Whoa mama! Going to o some speed choring and then play time!

Trying to decide what to make for dinner tonight Which reminds me, the website for the crop share thing said the same thing. Lots of people do have a hard time with not being able to know whats in the goodie basket and not being able to plan. So your not alone in your wacky ways I feel like I want to go full out and get the big package. You can get a mostly veg one, veg and fruit, and half packages of both. The big package is supposed to feed 4-6, so I am hoping it is enough to freeze some too. Its all organic however not certified. I don't care about the certification though. Hmm....things to ponder

Soooo....whats on the agenda for the day folks????
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #335
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh....YAY! That hungry for change is on netflix! Watching now! The kids and I are watching....hopefully it is ok for them to watch
Old 06-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning Loteage!!

I got the choring part figured out...but what is this *play* activity you speak of for your day?! Are you gonna pool it somemore?!

Do you have to make any sort of long term commitment, with your crop share, or can you just buy in the one time iffin's ya wanna...to see how it goes? I agree with not caring anything about them being -certified- organic. That's a bunch of hoops & what not, and extra costs for the growers to get that cert. stamp. It's something I wouldn't expect from our Ma & Pa farmers.
Does the website mention what a person -might- expect in their bags?
I think this sounds like a really fun opportunity!!

Soooo, trying to figure out dinnz. Hmmmm....well whether it helps inspire, or not...I will share some thoughts, that will not go down over here.

Those won ton -cups- made in the cupcake pan, and filled with the Taco goodness....SOOOOO Awesome!! They're also pretty darn quick to put together!! So I used to spray the cupcake pan with an oil, and then put a won ton in, to form a cup. I've seen folks use two, criss crossing for even better coverage...but I didn't feel we needed to, at all, and we got away with less carbs. Then I'd fill the bottom with just a large spoon of (cooked )Taco meat, a dallop of refrieds, and a sprinkle of cheddar. If I recall right, I had them in the oven at 350* for just a real short time...like maybe 6-8 min.'s. Those won tons can go to burnt real quick...so it's something ya gotta keep both eyes on, after say the 5 min.'s mark. After they're baked, I'd load a blend of salsa, black olives, finely chopped lettuce, and sour cream. Also a hit of HOT sauce. They're very attractive as well. Oh my gosh I want this!!
So If I can't have that...then I'd like a load of Beef & Brocc...plus whatever sides you wanna throw at me.
Well there's two choices. I could surely come up with more...but I think I'm gonna run meself into a fat craving ditch, if I don't stop right here & now!!

So I'm finishing up on getting -mostly- ready for the day & then devoting the afternoon to the household tasks. A lot of little piddly things that are jumpin' around on my last nerve. Oh yeah, and speaking of those things that irritate...CT is headin' outta dodge for a few days...leaving tomorrow. Ahhhh....Calgon is on it's way!!

Also, in other important news...I will be *shakin'* it this afternoon. I'm gonna juice some cuke, celery, kale, spinach, radishes, parsley and cilantro. Doesn't that just sound about as good as those other dishes I mentioned a minute ago?? NO!! NO it doesn't!! Then, I'm gonna throw all the pulpyness into the blender, with the juice and mix it up...so as to not waste all the fibre action. That's whatcha gotta do if both your juicer and blender are too inadaquate to do the job right in the 1st place!!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's very ok for the Little's. The dvd pack that I had offered a second video, with interviews of the health experts and that was even better than the movie itself in some ways!! Don't know if that's an offering thru the netflix too?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #338
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh no you don't!!! Your not eating that junk through me! oh no! nice try!!

Ooh but it does sound good!! I am just too lazy to go out and buy stuff!

So this movie is good! And it made me jump on the fruit/veg membership! I got the big package. It is 20 weeks long, it is just this season, so no I am not locked in to this for years just one summer. I have high hopes for it!

chore time got pushed to the wayside for a bit from the movie blaming this on you too! Shawna the scapegoat! Going to get going here in a bit and then yup....pooltime!
Old 06-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So I, (we...you & me), don't get to have anything GOOD?! Well that sounds just like how it is over here!!
What are ya gonna round up for eats...that won't require you gettin' over 50 ft. away from the pool fun? Oh yeah...so as Hunky was leaving back to the work place, he says -ahhhh...it would feel soooo good to just lay out, under the sunshine, in a swimmin' pool-. I told him...Loty's been gettin' in her pool every day & she's makin' me jones on it...and she's probably in it right now!! He said to tell Loty she needs to REPENNNNT!!

Well-well...a scapegoat, eh?! I'll have you know that I've been hittin' the chores and Juneing in the kitch all mornin'...whilst you watch your veggie tales movies and swim all day!! Heathen!!

It's time to decide whether to keep plugging away at the tasks or nap. Hmmmm...I'll have to give this a little wonder.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #340
Blabbermouth!!!

NAP!.....Duh
Old 06-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #341
Blabbermouth!!!

Well you can just thank Rob very much for me! A big ol storm blew in and no pool for me today!

Oh well I am glad, the gardens are getting a good deep watering!

So grub is shrimp and creole fish, zuchinni, and couscous the shrimp and fish are defrosting now!

I just watched another britty show.....now onto #4. Well its raining anyway....what else were you wanting me to do????
Old 06-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #342
Blabbermouth!!!

Its not too late in the season.....you could be in your own pool by the weekend .....just sayin

You can get them from stores for like $300 that would work great for you two!

I think this one only cost us $40 in water to fill, the electric raised quite a bit though. I would say around $100 a month. But to go old school commercial jargon on ya.....for less than the price of a cup of coffee per person you can sponsor your own backyard oasis

Your bill won't be that high as you don't need as big of one as this but just for an idea.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #343
Blabbermouth!!!

I stole your idea for the idea! Great idea! I got 1.5 hrs in....woohoo!

Rain still hasn't let up much, well its in spurts but anyway we are having a big ol veg day

The kids just started a movie so I may jump back into britty shows. ML is on man date so I can just watch whatever I want to

Oh as I sit here I have me feet up. I swear I am so scattered brained....I get chatting and forget to answer things. Yes, the cabbage patch is still a problem. it is not quite as bad but it still is around. Its getting annoying!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Loty, you're such a trouble maker!! Both of the -someones- of this household wanna pool so bad they can allllllmost taste it.
So, it's gone from looking at all the department store sites on-line...trying to figure out if we can find a good match for all our wants, all the way to the two covetors reading *How to* articles on puttin' our own inground in.
This is where Hunky & I are very diff. I like to take a project from start to finish...without getting involved in ANY other projects...until the 1st one is crossed off the list. So...that would obviously leave me wanting to FINISH the Greenhouse 1st, before diving into another time/$ sucker. Hunky on the other hand, while able to appreciate the aspect of wanting something done...before moving onto another, has a SUPER easy time of digging into the next project and then just bouncing from one to another, as the mood hits him, until it's all done. I'll have to say...I've learned over the years that it does indeed all get done & I'm always exceptionally pleased with the outcome. It just stretches me emotionally WHILE there are several unfinished projects.

BRB...now someone is dragging me out to ponder the wanna be pond!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 06-27-2013 at 06:52 PM..
Old 06-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!

For what its worth I vote no on the inground

Too hard to get rid of if you dont want it anymore or have to move.

And......your green house may get done even faster if he has somewhere to cool off after putting in such hard work....just sayin
Old 06-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #346
Blabbermouth!!!

OMG....my last 2 cent worth on this for the night

unless you want to dig out the pool and make it with a deep area, a 52 in side is best. The water doesnt go to the top and so a shorter side would only get you water to maybe your waist. Ours is 52 and I am 5'2 and it comes up to about ta~ta level.

Hows that for a fun visual to complete your evening? One great thing about water coming up to there is that they float and look amazing! Right back where they belong! Always get rave reviews from ML...just another fun FYI

Dear lord....the poor lurkers of this thread!!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're so funny, and yes there's no shortage of revealing stories around these parts!!
I'm hearin' ya on all of the pro/con points you're making. Dually noted, forsure!! I think this evenings plan is to see the idea of an inground as a very long term, if ever, planaroo. We'll just see where the effort level goes with that, as time passes. And in the meantime...I do believe we're lookin' hard & heavy at the -pop it up & get in there within 2 hr. pools-. The compromise is that the disposable water hole will not go in the -real pools- spot...so someone can still work in that direction as they please. Ummm, OK.
<---Maybe soon?!

So Good that you got a nice sized nappy in!! I did too...but I raise you by 1/2 hr. I needed it!! And yeah, of course I chose that over the continued choring...SHAW....as if!! So...guess what? I still have choring that'll need to carry over into tomorrow. Whatev...I NAPPED!!

Wait a minute!! Are you al fresco in that pool or what?! Why do you have floaters, if you're in a swim suit?! It's been so long since I've been in a pool...I just don't recall if that's the way it goes down....errr....I mean floats up.

Hmmmm on the continued cabbage action? Could there be a lymph issue going on, creating this adema? DON'T you go & start researching tonight either!! I know that's how I go about things...and you've given me reason to believe you'd do the same. Don't. Not tonight. Not before sleeps.

For what it's worth...Hunky felt badly that you didn't get to get your swim on...just like him.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #348
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh heck, I am not even going to start researching now! I do need to probably get into a doc about it

Well....since I am apparently revealing all my dirty secrets There is some chunky dunking action occasionally after the lights go down ....so?

However it is during the pg swim time I was talking about I don't know how it happens, I have a suit on but they just float I guess!?

I think that plan rocks hardcore!!! And....you can always craigslist it when you get the real deal in!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #349
Blabbermouth!!!

So the littles were paying attention to the movie. I went into the bathroom and there was a sticky note on the mirror saying something like...

I will love myself unconditionally

Love Ava

read for 30 days in a row

Old 06-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my gosh!! Little A is just such a precious little one!! I Love that!! You're such an Awesome Mutha too, to expose them to Good stuff that'll help strengthen them and mold them into strong little women.

And...also on that note...it is very good that you keep their Pa bizzy & happy!! Very good that you get the dunk on. It's the right thing to do.

Yes to giving some thought to a check up...other than the ones ML provides.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning & Happy Friday!!

OoOooh it's gonna be hot here today!! We're lookin' at low to mid 90's, and it's due to creep to 100 over the next couple days. Surrrre do wish there was already a pool over here!! We shall see. Maybe after Hunky comes home for the day.
Word is that my glasses may be in this afternoon. Iffin's so, I'll wanna pop out for them, and incorporate some grocery gettin's too. Also, tonight is the car club gathering at Sonic's. We'll decide later on that.
Today was supposed to be the day CT left. However she sent an email saying it's not for certain that she's leaving today after all. I am really hoping she bails. She left a message over here, as we were going to bed last night, that she needed to borrow a sharpening tool, in order to sharpen her ax, because she was gonna kill a dog that came into her yard and scared Max. I guess we can't start with confronting the owners of the dog who was walking it...or consider following thru with installing the gate to attach to the existing fencing...in order to prevent such things?? No, no we can't...that would be a lot closer to drama free. Ahhhh, I'm just exasperated by these parents O' mine. It's ALWAYS something.

So what are the happs around here, Peeps?!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #352
Blabbermouth!!!

WHoa! Well you can tell CT that if her cat that runs the roads on the daily came into my yard and got my dogs all worked up I would be equally as unhappy! Goes both ways sistah! What a kook she is!

Oh we have a storm and a half rolling through just now! No rain has fallen yet but it is black black black out and thunder booms enough to make you jump in your seat!

Oh there *may* be a storm and a half rolling through lotyville too. ML texted me that he knows I have been busy and so he took care of the couple of piles of things that were in the bedroom. I had started cleaning out and going through stuff to sell awhile ago .....and just stopped Apparently it is all in black bags and at the road now. Which will tick me off royally since I doubt he knew what could be thrown away and what was good to give away. It has been sitting there awhile though. See what happens when he has a day off? Just can't leave well enough alone! Heres a tip ML....go clean your garage and stay out of my stuff Now I am stuck here till 5 just stewing and he is not answering the phone

Oooh between him and CT's goofiness this post looks awful angry doesn't it! I am really not that canky today Well not yet anyway.....we shall see once I get home
Old 06-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my word!! Dear, dear ML...don't you ever, ever do that again. Ever. Holy canoli!! Very grateful for the desire to *help*...but oh what a price it comes at!!
That boy just has energy to burn!! Poor Lote!!

Ya know some jerk parked a grocery cart, from where Rob works, in our side yard today. We live nearly a mile away from the store. That's just lame. And it's lazy, AND it's so disrespectful!!

I'm afraid that CT has moved her departure date out. She'd have left by now if she was gonna. This is pretty typical for her though...so really I had no bizz gettin' the hopes up for it to go down like she suggested it would.

So I juiced & blended the veggie mess today. This is what I used...
Celery
Cucumber
Radishes
Kale
Spinach
Parsley
Cilantro
1/2 Tomato
Cayanne
Herb blend
Salt

BLECKKKK!!

I bet it would be tolerable iffin's it had some green apple or pear or strawberries though. As it is, it taste like I just tipped the lawn mower bag upside down into me mouth.
I'll throw some piccy's on here in just a sec.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's the riveting progression of the yuck, for your viewing pleasure. I have that empty cup next to the goodness, cause that's the only way to get it down, in small doses, with water added. Vile!!

The horse toys were sent to Hunky by accident, from an ebayage seller, who intended to send him train stuff...but dint.
Now I ask him..."Hey, instead of trains, you wanna play horses this time?!" Funny!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vprep.jpg (82.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg vblend.jpg (74.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg vstaged.jpg (54.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Weeds Horses.jpg (80.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just thought of a Great time!! I could run Hunky a bubble bath one of these evenings, and put his horses in the tub for him!! Yah!!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's a piccy of my new June eyes. I can't tell ya how stokered I am to be able to see so well!! I'm so pleased with how light these glasses are and comfy!!
We took the kids on a field trip to the Spa...to get Ace's nails clippered, dropped by the church to unload a boat load of eggs into the kitchy, and then onto go grab my new eyes, where the kids got to play around under a shade tree, in the grass, with their Pa.
This is about the time that we'd be hittin' Sonic with the crew...but due to the full on heat factor, and just both enjoying the coolness & quiet of the homestead...I think we'll pass tonight.
Oh yeah...CT did indeed finally head outta dodge today, around 2pm or so.
So I reckon we're on Max duty for the next few days.

What's up with going from 90's in Lotyville the other day & now all this dark storm action? It's as if our weather just totally swaped out. What's it lookin' like for the weekend? How do you expect the weekend to play out for you guys?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saraphin Marquette.jpg (28.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #357
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I those spectacles!!! They are so super cute!! I remember thinking the same thing after I got my new pair, they were sooo much lighter than my old ones!

Whoohooooo!!! CT has left the building!!!! How nice to get a break from crazy for a few days!!! You know I forgot to ask about Max, she went from hating him and giving him away to fighting mad over something upsetting him?!?! When did the change of heart happen?

Also I wanted to see how Rob was feeling? Any more angina/tightness??

You know, ML had a bug up his butt last night and it just continued into today. Something at work must be bugging him but you know men.... He will just bottle it up for awhile. Either it will work itself out or it will come to light, I try not to push either way anymore, whatever happens happens.

Ok...don't judge me. I am watching more britty supers vs skinnies whilst eating M&M's and peanuts Clearly I am totally motivated by this show!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #358
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Just thought of a Great time!! I could run Hunky a bubble bath one of these evenings, and put his horses in the tub for him!! Yah!!

Put the white horse and his rider in there! That little cowboy looks like he is spanking that pony...what a rockin good time!

So where were the trains sent??? Someone has a dude ranch set with a train in the middle of it somewhere!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #359
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh sweet baby Jesus.......that green drink

Were you able to choke it all down???? I just popped a big handful of candies just to wash the virtual taste out of my mouth!!!

Seriously though, I really wish I could choke that stuff down! It is sooooo suuuppppperrrr good for you! Your really doing just amazing!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #360
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh this Jillian Mckeith is just a crack up! She just laughs at all the goofy big bum business she is doing!

I used to watch her on another show about 8-10 years ago, she has terrible scoliosis, I can see a big change in her since the last series