Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 04:31 AM   #61
Random WIT

Gallery: stews
Stats: 240/181/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 4/5/14 @223.8 lbs.
Doing really good here. Counting days till summer break. I'm ready to be done with wish for awhile : D

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2013, 05:38 AM   #62
Random WIT

okay, not posting from my phone now so I can type a little more .

things are really good here. we have an empty nest and although I miss the dd and ds that don't live close by we are enjoying our time together. just dh and I, my best friend. BUT I do get my kid fix because dd22 does live in town so we see her often. she usually comes by and hangs out 2 to 3 times a week.

I always look forward to seeing and spending time with them but we raised them to become independent and I will celebrate that. I refuse to sit back and be "sad" because they did what we raised them to do. with that said, we have a weekend set that we are going to be going to dd24's in August and I can NOT wait! AND my ds who a year ago moved to LA just recently got a job closer to us. he is still about 3 h ours away but that is a whole lot closer than 24 hours away, lol.

work is challenging, as usual, but as long as I get some positive moments thrown in the mix there I can handle it. BUT I really am glad I don't have to do it year round. I don't know if I could do it if I couldn't take the summer off.

what are you up to these days?
Old 05-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: HaleysNana
WOE: Sugar Free...one day at a time!
Start Date: 4/12/04
Good morning Chickies....guzzling coffee trying to survive jet lag!!! UGH!!!!
Old 05-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #64
Random WIT

hope you get over that jet lag quickly, Pam.

I usually just have 1 cup of coffee before work, but got up extra early with dh this morning so had 2 cups. would love more but it sometimes doesn't go well on my stomach and I don't really want to be locked in a classroom with the teenage boys at work and have tummy issues. I'm sure I'll have some more this afternoon .

got my bible reading and prayer time in. I love that I've gotten in a good habit of starting my day that way.

off soon to see what work has in store for me today. I never really know what to expect. I do know that we are short handed staff wise today so it could be interesting.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #65
Random WIT

busy BUSY day at work. afterwards I decided to go out and visit with my Dad and his wife. was nice. came home after, fed dogs (they probably thought I forgot about them ) then got my jammies on early and fixed myself some soup for dinner.

SO looking forward to an extra day off this weekend We will be in bed early again tonight even though its Friday. dh has to work early tomorrow again. no big plans tomorrow at this time. think I'll do whatever I feel like . on Monday I'm going out of town for the day with my Dad and his wife. going to visit my Dad's aunt and then to my sister's house. dh has to work night shift and will be asleep all day until almost time to go and I haven't seen my sis in awhile so it will be nice to go. OH and they will have my nephews little girl with them all day so I get to have fun with a 2 year old. this is the little girl that was born blind. she can see a very small amount which is more than the docs thought she would do. so much fun seeing god work in her little life.

Last edited by stews; 05-24-2013 at 07:23 PM..
Old 05-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #66
Random WIT

WAAAAH! I cleaned my keurig and the k cup holder and funnel pieces won't snap back together like they are supposed to.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
I am SO glad this month is almost over with!!! My work schedule has been absolutely crazy and I'm tired of it. I called off last night cause I had such trouble with my legs at work on Thursday night.

I am down to 161.6 today!! Wow!!! Hope I can stay down for weigh in on Monday!!

Have to go to work. Catch ya later!!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #68
Random WIT

you are doing awesome! and I can't wait to be into the next month over but 1/2 way through the next month will be perfect

hope you have a good night at work.

I've been LAZY today. dh and I and maybe dd22 are going out when he gets home. its pancake night
Old 05-26-2013, 08:47 AM   #69
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
busy weekend here

Thursday was the Char Bear's 5th grade graduation, dinner out for Chinese (I don't like Chinese, but it was her graduation, so she picked) and ice cream afterwards, followed by an intense storm from the tornado and very little sleep that night because storms trigger our little angel bad

Friday was the last day of school, we signed adoption papers and celebrated by going to the Japanese Steakhouse

Saturday morning I took Char Bear out to spend her allowance, then she went to a birthday party, then to her bff's house for awhile, a cry fest because I wouldn't let her spend the night, followed by her cleaning the whole house and back out to spend her earnings, lol

Today another playdate (this one is here with a slightly younger child, so they're eating and playing baby dolls)

"A home without a dog is just a house"

http://peskie-stilldreaming.blogspot.com/
Old 05-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #70
Random WIT

sounds like a mostly fun filled weekend.

I'm heading out to church then home to see what dh wants to do for lunch (he has to sleep in this morning because he works graveyard tonight.

I'll stop back in later.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #71
Random WIT

home from church. stopped at pier 1 and picked a coffee mug to take to my sis. I felt like doing surprising her with something tomorrow. dh will be sleeping all day then work so I'm riding with my Dad and his wife to visit his Aunt and then to my sister's for a bbq. I think I'll fill her new mug with some yummy treats too.

dh hasn't gotten up yet so I had a banana to hold me till we decide what to do for lunch
Old 05-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #72
Random WIT

we are going to go out for Thai food. If Wendypooh were here she'd know exactly where. her and I went there when she was in town before too. I suggested that because we usually have left overs and he can take them to work tonight and maybe tomorrow since I won't be around all day tomorrow.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #73
Random WIT

just got home. thai food was yummy! then we stopped at Lane Bryant for me. I wanted to see if they had any capri's that fit since I won't be around to look tomorrow and they are on sale this weekend. I did find a pair of denim ones. also got a couple t shirts. don't LOVE the shirts but it will be nice to have something different to wear. I may have been able to find a little more but maybe not. I didn't look around too long. dh was with me and its not like some stores where there is something for him to go off and look at. he just had to wait for me or exchange a size for me if i wanted . he didn't mind but I feel bad making him wait too long. plus he has to leave for work soon so didn't want to take too long anyway.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #74
Random WIT

ran back to the store after dh left for work. got some candy to put in the coffee cup I picked up for my sis. I got peachios (gummy peach candy), gummy worms, chocolate covered espresso beans and chocolate covered salted caramel pieces.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:53 AM   #75
Random WIT

my goodness it is yucky here this morning. can't wait till the sunshine comes back!

got up early. dh had to work one of his days off. I'm all ready for work now and will leave shortly.

I had a wonderful day Monday with my Dad, L, my sis and her husband and my 2 year old niece. wasn't ready for the weekend to be over, that's for sure (when am I? lol).

I think we are going to costco this afternoon for a few things. dh works till 2:30 today (a shorter day than normal) so we can go after he gets home and still get home at a reasonable time. don't know if we'll go out for dinner or just pick up something while there.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #76
Random WIT

waaaah! I'm talkin' to myself *sigh*.

came home from work and dd22 was here. hung out with her till dh got home and was ready to go then we all went to Costco. after we ended up at Red Robin. I didn't know we were going there! I'm stuffed but it was tasty.

getting ready to go to bed soon. I'm so tired again. maybe its the weather. I'm betting that has something to do with it.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Gallery: Kim in MN
Stats: 294/---/170
Start Date: 10/1/2014....again.....
Still in a rain pattern here -- lack of sunshine seriously affects my mood -- and the moods of those around me. It's "brighter" out right now -- no sun though and they are predicting the possibility of severe storms later today. Ugh!

My granddaughter turns 1 on June 10th and I need dry weather to finish one of her birthday gifts. I have a doll cradle that I played with when I was little and my DD20 played with. I'm repainting it, building a new bottom for it and recovering it with batting and fabric. I've got the bottom done and the little mattress made and recovered. Now I need dry weather to be able to spray paint the cradle white. Once that's done, DD20's best friend is going to paint a design on both of the ends -- she's an art major and does a great job of painting.

I'm in the mood for a good salad for dinner so hoping the weather holds out long enough for me to grill some chicken breast -- thinking of basting it with Franks Hot Sauce while it grills.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #78
Random WIT

the gift sounds wonderful, Kim. how sweet. hope the weather holds out for you. we pretty much bbq year round but our bbq is on our back deck that has a roof on it.

I am fighting a headache this morning. yuck! hope it goes away. i hate working with a headache. its so hard to stay focused and alert.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Oh, I BBQ year-round -- it's about 5 feet from my kitchen patio door, on the deck. BUT, no roof. So, I'll grill regardless of weather --- I'd just rather not get wet in the process.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #80
Random WIT

lol, yeah, getting wet while cooking is no fun .

today has been a little better weather wise but still cloudy, some rain. I do see the sun streaming in now though so that is nice. hopefully this weekend will be good.

today was chaotic at work. made it through without having to kick anyone out but the pod staff ended up not letting someone back in after they left for a break. that one may not have made it through the day if he'd come back, to be honest. one more day this week. I can DO it!

I came home and changed into the capri jeans I bought the other day. (washed them so haven't worn them yet). anyway, because they pretty much JUST fit when I bought them I thought I better wear them around a bit before trying to wear them to work. I don't want to find out they are too uncomfortable or something after washing them, ya know? I didn't dry them in the dryer though, so I'm sure that helped. I've been wearing them for awhile now and think they'll be okay for work. a little uncomfy in the tummy but not bad and I've been sitting since putting them on. I'm sure they'll be fine when I'm walking around.

OH I also finely got our hotel reservations for our visit to dd22's in August. we will be there a couple nights and go see Bill Cosby while there. can't wait to go see her when we can have time to visit and do some things while there. last time we just had to turn around and come home after moving some of her things for her.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #81
Random WIT

oh and ... THIRTEEN more school day wake ups for me!
Old 05-31-2013, 05:23 AM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

BLUE SKY and SUNSHINE ..... as I look out my office window. More thunderstorms predicted for later this afternoon and tomorrow. I try not to be a whiner, but come on! From the snow LATE into April to the never ending rain throughout May --- I'm pretty sure once we do get sun, we'll go straight to 90's and humidity.

Well, Monday is supposed to be BEAUTIFUL so I'm taking a day off. Here we are in June and I still have 4.5 weeks vacation to use up. Nothing special planned this summer and no trips so I need to start burning up some days. Maybe I can "steal" my granddaughter away for a bit on Monday.....

Didn't grill last night -- it was pouring out. Ended up with a salad and a few chicken wings. Have no idea what I'm eating today -- DD20 works so I'm on my own. Maybe I'll saute up some shrimp and have a salad. She doesn't like shrimp so it's perfect for me to have when she works.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:24 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Hey all!!! Guess what?!?!?! I hit 161.0 on Monday!! woohoo!!!! Only .2 lbs away from losing 70 pounds total! Can you believe it??? It still seems unreal to me. This is the first time I've been this low in 23 years!!!

Going shopping with a friend today. And out to lunch!! Should be a nice day! Need to get ready cause she'll be here in half an hour.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-31-2013, 06:27 AM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: HaleysNana
WOE: Sugar Free...one day at a time!
Start Date: 4/12/04
Congrats Lenise....great job!!
Old 05-31-2013, 06:52 AM   #85
Random WIT

Denise you are doing so awesome. I really need to get my act together again. I'm not doing TERRIBLE but not doing what I need to lose, either. maybe wearing my snug capri's today will help remind me, lol. (they are new and snug, not a pair that used to fit and I've gained for them to be snug ).

It looks like we are going to have some sunshine this weekend. I hope that forecast holds true. we live with grey skies for months and it doesn't bother me so much but once we start getting a taste of sunshine in the spring when we get the days of grey it just feels extra dreary this time of year.

I hope today goes fast, but not fast because I'm crazy busy with naughty boys. just fast in a good way . dd22 and her boyfriend are on their way. probably about 6 hours away give or take. I can't wait to see her again
Old 05-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #86
Random WIT

I had a great day at work today with the boys. well, mostly. kicked one out 45 minutes into the day. after that it was great, lol. even one that usually has a terrible attitude did awesome and I was able to show him that when he puts effort on his end I'm not so bad to work with .

now waiting for dd22 and her boyfriend to get here. can't wait to see my girl
Old 05-31-2013, 09:37 PM   #87
Random WIT

dd24 was here for a little while but is gone again. I'll see her tomorrow. pretty much going to keep the day clear for her when she is in and out. I love having her visit. dd22 came over after work and is still here. my Dad and L came over for a bit to see dd24 too.

this is going to be a nice weekend but its going to go so fast. i just know it. tomorrow is bountiful baskets day. I am taking someone with me that is getting one for the first time. not sure what else. I know dd24 wants to go to target. she doesn't have one where she lives and hasn't been since December. Poor kid, LOL
Old 06-01-2013, 07:01 AM   #88
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
~June WIT's getting HOT~
Closed Thread