Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   SOUTH BEACH VETS - Chapter 5 - May 2013 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/803265-south-beach-vets-chapter-5-may-2013-a.html)

Radmom413 05-02-2013 04:23 AM

SOUTH BEACH VETS - Chapter 5 - May 2013

How did it get to be May????

Radmom413 05-02-2013 04:24 AM

:doh:
It's May!!!

Great dinner out last night AND I stayed on plan! :clap:
Great Mustard Greens salad!

Off and running all ready!

tinatina 05-02-2013 06:09 AM

Morning Beachers!

We've almost made it to the weekend. I have a wedding this weekend. Gonna try to keep my eating good. If not totally OP at least, smaller portions.

Had another good day yesterday although I just wasnt feeling the workout. I did it but didn't push like I should have. Tonight is arms again. I am feeling a little muscle soreness, which is a good thing!

todays eats:
egg, 3 sl center cut bacon
salad with sharp cheddar, ranch, pork loin roast
salad and I'm not sure about protein, I didn't get anything out of the freezer :|

Have a great SB day!

wiz 05-02-2013 06:51 AM

Back from NYC...scale was up 1 lb. No surprise when you are eating 3 meals a day out. I need a good couple of home-cooked OP meals to get me back in my groove.

Work is nuts, ugh. :stars:

heahyou00 05-02-2013 08:14 AM

HI Girls,
Not sure about my weight this morning, I stayed over at Michaels last night and we ate out last night, I stayed OP but just ate too much, it was so good I didnt want to stop eating. We went to Red Lobster and I had steak and shrimp and veggies. I brought some of my veggies for lunch today.

We watched Silver Linings Playbook, if you havent seen it ,I HIGHLY reccommend it, awesome movie. Love Bradly Cooper.

Today Im leaving work a lil early for a going away party for a coworker and then baseball after, so I will be running around all evening. Good times :)

Have a great Thursday

Kelly

tinatina 05-03-2013 06:41 AM

Morning Beachers!

TGIF!

Have a great weekend!

wiz 05-03-2013 07:23 AM

I met up with a friend this morning to run together. She pushed me hard during our 5 miles. That's a good thing!

Scale is still up, darn it. :annoyed:

I made one of our household faves last night for dinner and I think I OD'd on them. :o I use those chicken tenders, dip them in beaten egg and then in a mixture of 1/3 WW bread crumbs and 2/3 grated parm cheese with some herbs (oregano, garlic powder, pepper) thrown in. I then bake them at 375 for about 30 mins, turning once about halfway. I served them with marinara sauce. It's like a poor man's chicken parm. And strangely addicting....

So two events this weekend. Saturday night our neighbors are throwing a fancy pre-wedding party for their son. The wedding will be in Chicago in July, and this is a chance for the East Coast crowd to meet the bride and her parents. It's at a lovely catering place on the waterfront. I'm looking forward to getting dressed up!

And my niece's communion is on Sunday. The only bummer is that it is a 2 hour drive each way to DE (ugh.) But it will be good to see my family! At least it is a luncheon and early in the day.

What's going on with you all? :cool:

heahyou00 05-03-2013 07:57 AM

HI Girls,
Was down a few more pds this morning when I weighed in, I was doing the happy dance :jumpjoy: 160s here I come, hopefully I will see those by Monday!!

I have a job interview today for a management position at my work, its a phone interview because the hiring manager is based out of Minnesota, this could be to my advantage, then you arent judged on things like hair color, tattoos, body language etc lol. I guess she has been asking around about me, and the manager who is leaving actually took the time to send me a big long email with suggestions of what to say in the interview and how to prepare for it, I didnt even ask her, but she loves me, so that was really awesome of her!! Her going away party is today after work, so I am going to stop by and say by to her and thank her for the help!

Michael and I are kid free tonight, we are thinking of going to play Bingo lol, they have a huge place near his house, I have been there before and its kinda fun, but its going to be in the 80s today, so we might just take a blanket and go to the park and lay out and read a book or something instead. That doesnt cost any money lol.
Tomorrow is kids baseball game and then in the evening we are all going to a hockey game. Thats about it on my agenda for the weekend.

See you gals on Monday!! Have a great weekend

Kelly

Radmom413 05-04-2013 06:01 AM

Kelly - good thoughts on the phone interview!!! That is awesome that that supervisor did that for you!

Wiz - those chicken tenders sound awesome!

DH and I watched Silver Linings Playbook last night - he fell asleep! :laugh: I loved it. Yesterday was kinda my splurge day - had lean cuisine spring rolls for lunch, then TGI Friday Green Beans for an appy and then Nacho's for dinner - that will be it for me this weekend.......oh yeah, and my 2 64's. :o

Today DD25 and I are off to run errands for DD23's shower. Not sure the rest of the weekend.....other than catch up around here!

heahyou00 05-06-2013 08:16 AM

HI Girls,
It was an awesome weekend, but I didnt lose anything :( I was totally bummed out when I got on the scales this morning, I guess sometimes our bodies just do that to us, I was good all weekend too, but at least I didnt gain anything, so hopefully this week will be better! I only have 24 days till my trip and I would love to be into the 150s by the time we go!! We will see what this week brings.

I am all sunburnt today, Michael and I went to the river yesterday and it was amazing, 86 degrees, no wind and we laid out and read books and just relaxed. Back to work today, and I am bored already. Hopefully I hear something on Wed about that
Management job.

Oh and I got my shipment of that Davids Teas I was telling you guys about, and I LOVE it!! They have a lifelong customer thats for sure, I cant wait to place another order, I have a whole list of ones I want to try.

Here is todays menu:

b- 2 melba toast
l- taco salad
s- apple
d- baked tilapia and veggies
s- baked apple

Kelly

Radmom413 05-07-2013 04:14 AM

Kelly - what do you like about the teas? Is it just the different flavors?

Crazy busy at work this week, then the tornado comes home this weekend, aka, DD23. She has a dress fitting, hair appt and I hear we are celebrating Mother's Day with brunch. DD25 asked me what I wanted to do as I took precedence over DSIL's Mom! :eek: I said since DD23 goes back to Milwaukee in the afternoon, I'd rather do something in the morning........

Long day ahead with two registration events - one at 10 and one at 4......ugh. Will be glad when this week is over.

tinatina 05-07-2013 04:40 AM

Good Morning Beachers!

Had a nice weekend, although it felt too short! Planted lots of flowers in my pots and did some general maintenance on the yard.

Yesterday went for a walk with DS gf on the walking trail. then came home and worked some more in the yard. I think I'm done until I get some more stuff to plant :)

I was down 1.6 lb for the week. Wish it were more, but it is what it is and and going forward :)

Have a great week Beachers!

Radmom413 05-08-2013 04:52 AM

:stars:
Crazy week at work!
I am hanging in there too!

wiz 05-08-2013 05:21 AM

Hey gang, sorry to be MIA. I have been sick as a dog. In any case, I am feeling better today and even got in some light exercise this morning. Thank goodness this was a non-travel week...

I haven't been on the scale, I'll find out tomorrow where things stand.

It's both my parents' birthdays this week plus Mother's Day of course. So they are coming to spend 2 days with us. We're going out on Saturday night to a new restaurant in town for their birthdays and I'm throwing together a small family brunch on Sunday.

Sounds like you are all doing well with eating and weigh-ins!!

heahyou00 05-08-2013 07:56 AM

good Morning Gals,
I was finally down some weight this morning, had been super frustrated from not losing at all over the weekend and then was actually up 1 pd yesterday and i have been totally OP. But was nice to see the scale back down this morning, I think my sunburn had something to do with me gaining, I was retaining water.

Im working from home today which is nice for a change ;) Gonna go rent season 1 of True Blood and get my mom started on it, the new season starts next month so she needs to catch up!!

Baseball game tomorrow and taking the whole pack to a hockey game Friday night! Should be fun, my 2 have never been before. Saturday is more baseball, a double header. Then Sunday of course I am hoping the boys have something nice planned for me. Michael and I are going to see The Great Gatsby Sunday night. Thats my weekend in a nutshell.

Happy Humpday!

Kelly

tinatina 05-09-2013 06:16 AM

Good Morning beachers!

The family is taking me to dinner tonight for mothers day. DH will be fishing on MD and DS has to work. I'm thinking the Outback :)

Will be visiting my mama on Saturday, and doing some yard work for her. And taking her lunch.

Wiz - Hope you are feeling much better today!

Have a great day beachers!

wiz 05-09-2013 07:35 AM

Hey gang,

I got a great 5-mile run in this morning. I am definitely feeling back to normal. Even if it did start drizzling on me about halfway through :laugh:

Scale is not good. While sick I was relying on bland, higher carb stuff (crackers, soup with noodles, etc.) I need to get back into the swing of things - starting today.

Tina, dinner sounds great!! Enjoy.

Kelly, you are one busy person...but it all sounds like fun. Let me know how The Great Gatsby is, I would like to see it.

Cindy, my work week has been pretty tame for once (thank goodness, because being sick would have thrown a real monkey wrench into things if it wasn't!) I had a business trip get pushed out and my shedule ended up being delightfully open. :laugh:

I'm off to Chicago for a few days next week. I love running along Lake Michigan, so hoping for some good weather while there.

heahyou00 05-09-2013 08:39 AM

Hi Girls,
I was down another pd this morning! That puts me only 20 pds away from my goal, I have been here before though and didnt make my goal, I really want to make it this time :) I have exactly 21 days till my trip, I seriously doubt I can lose a pound per day between now and then lol, but I will give it my best shot :)

I have identified some things that slow me down, diet soda, and sunburn lol. I have to stay away from both of those!!

The hockey team we are going to see won last night, so that means at tomorrow nights game if they win, they would get the cup! We are super excited at the possiblity of seeing them win the whole championship, would be pretty cool. I guess the game is sold out, glad we got tics.

So I found out that the Wallflowers are playing with The Counting Crows in July, so I cant wait to go to that concert, tics go on sale tomorrow :)

Wiz- I will let you know how The Great Gatsby is, I hope its awesome.

Here is todays menu:

b- 2 melba toast
l- grilled chicken and green beans
s- strawberries
d- grilled chicken and broccoli
s- apple chips

Kelly

wiz 05-10-2013 05:18 AM

I had a whoooosh. 2.5 lbs less than yesterday. I weighed myself 3 times to be sure. :laugh:

My parents arrive tomorrow morning so I need to get this place ship-shape. Changing sheets, cleaning the guest bath, flowers around, etc. Oh yeah, and I need to put in a full work day. :stars: I guess it will all get done.

Kelly, great news on the weight loss. I had to laugh because I saw the Wallflowers open up for the Counting Crows about 10 years ago. How funny they are playing together again.

Hope you all have a great weekend!! :cool:

tinatina 05-10-2013 07:26 AM

Had a nice dinner with the family and managed to stay on plan. And then they followed me around lowes for awhile looking at flowers, MOSTLY without complaining. :lol: good times!

Can't wait to get the weekend started even though it is supposed to be mostly rainy here.

Lost a pound for this week!

Have a great OP weekend beach friends!

heahyou00 05-10-2013 07:47 AM

Good Morning Girls,
Was down another pd this morning, that puts me into a new decade of numbers!! the 160's :) I have only seen those once before, this is about where I left off the HCG on Valentines Day when I finished that round, so its only taken me 20 days to get back to where I was lol, now its virgin weight loss territory from here on out for me :) I have exactly 20 days till my trip and I would love to lose 19 more pds between now and then, but doubt that will happen ,but maybe I can come super close :)

Big hockey game with the whole crew tonight, should be fun, I just hope lil man stays entertained enough that he doesnt get all crabby, they get over usually kinda late, which will be past his bedtime! Baseball tomorow, was supposed to be a double header, but now its only 1 game, thank goodness, our whole Saturday wont be taken up by baseball lol. Not sure what is planned for the afternoon, maybe some fishing at the park and a BBQ.

Im leaving early from work again today, my boss is gone and I am supposed to be the in charge one :) Have a great weekend ladies!

Oh and Happy Mothers Day because I prob wont get a chance to check in on Sunday.

Kelly

Radmom413 05-11-2013 04:52 AM

:hugs:
Congrats to all the losers! :laugh:

Work is insane, DD is home to do wedding stuff, and next week is even busier with work and prepping for DD's shower next weekend. :stars:

Eating is going well - working out - hoping just to keep things status quo.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you - we all do mothering of some sort, whether we have kids or not! ;)

heahyou00 05-13-2013 08:08 AM

Good Morning Girls,
I hope everyone had a great Mothers Day and weekend. The rain has returned here and its all gloomy outside :( Oh well I guess we need more rain.

Im taking my car in this morning to get new brakes put on, AGAIN, seems like I just did it last year, but apparently I am over the mileage for the warranty of course.

I havent been able to weigh in all weekend because I was staying over at Michaels, so I will check tomorrow morning and see where I am. I am hoping I am down a few more pds, that would be nice! I have def noticed a change in my body, which is a good thing.

Well its off to work for me, have a great week ladies,

Kelly

wiz 05-14-2013 05:30 AM

Good morning! Just got back from a long run along Lake Michigan. It's not the ocean, but it's a close second. It was just beautiful out there. I can't believe it is supposed to be 85 degrees here in Chicago today. Hopefully I get a little free time in between meetings to enjoy it!

So far, eating has been good on this trip. Hopefully I can keep it up....

tinatina 05-14-2013 05:33 AM

Morning Beachers!

Had a little up tick from mothers day! back at it yesterday. Did c25k yesterday, arm workout tonight.

Had frost last night, FROST! UGH! I want SPRING for goodness sake.

heahyou00 05-14-2013 08:34 AM

Good Morning Girls,
I was super disappointed in my weigh in this morning, was only down 1 pd from all weekend and yesterday :( That sucks, was hoping it would be several pounds, but whatever I guess.

So I found a Groupon today for a body countouring slimming thing called Medi Pro, they use these laser things, non invasive to slim down certain areas of your body, I was thinking of getting my inner thighs done, wonder how well that works? They of course have before and after pics on their website, some folks get there arms done and stomach of course. I am really considering it, its under 100 bucks, so not bad. We will see.

Gonna color my hair tonight, my dang roots are showing badly lol. Then mom and I are heading to the library and to Blockbuster, I have her hooked on True Blood now, she is watching all the seasons to get caught up before season 6 starts next month!

Work is boring today as usual, got an email yesterday that I wont know anything on that management job until the end of this week. I really doubt they are going to pick me, but it was worth a shot!

Have a great day,

Kelly

Radmom413 05-15-2013 04:28 AM

Hi Girls!

Hanging in there.
Shower this weekend and it seems like it's consuming all my time - DD25 is having it at her house and she is a slave driver! :laugh: The cute thing is she said she wants everything just perfect for her sister!!!

Today I am off running wedding errands this morning. Had the afternoon off as I had a dentist appt this afternoon, moved up my hair appt to right after as I am heading out to DDs tonight to work on the shower stuff....decided to take the whole day and get some running done so it's not all done on my lunch hour! Having DD's wedding out of town presents it's own hurdles.

Kelly - hang in there - you have come a long way and are doing well!
Wiz - I really want to make a trip to Chicago with DDs - now it doesn't look like it will happen until next spring! :laugh:
Tina - I laughed when you said the kids followed you around without complaining!!! Sometimes that is a gift in itself!

I had an off eating day yesterday - I think I was stressed. I started taking some Pure Green Coffee capsules - been reading alot about it and I am hoping it helps a bit - the one thing I noticed is I am not as bloated and I don't seem to eat as much.......yesterday I didn't eat alot, just had 3 white choco chip macadamia nut cookies..........GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Off to work out then off and running...........maybe I will burn some extra calories!!! :D

tinatina 05-15-2013 07:09 AM

Morning beachers!

Almost out of the 200's (again)

Cindy - Dr. Oz promoted a green coffee bean on one of his shows. If you google Dr. Oz and green coffee bean you can get more information! (not a specific brand but what you should look for when buying them) Hope it works well for you!

Kel - I need to get an appt to get my hair done also. Those dang roots just keep showing up! :mad: and DD said she needs hers trimmed. Fingers crossed for the mgmt job for you!

Wiz - You still in Chicago?

Dr. appt today for the thyroid. Prob a new med dose again. It was still about double where they like it to be. But it did come down quite a bit from the last test.

Happy Hump Day Beachers! :heart:

heahyou00 05-15-2013 11:16 AM

Hi Girls,
Woke up kinda frustrated this morning, the scales arent really moving much anymore, maybe I am losing inches I dont really know. I am going to workout tonight and see if that gets things moving again. If something doesnt change by the end of this week, I will call this round of HCG done and just move onto low carb. We shall see!!

Looks like I will be getting my Hawaii ticket this week, I am super excited, only a month away!! 2 big trips coming up for me, then have to save money the rest of the summer for moving at the end of August!

Not much else to report, the weather here has turned to cold and rain, I want the heat back again!

Happy Humpday!

Kelly

Radmom413 05-15-2013 06:45 PM

Tina - that is exactly what I am talking about - it was that segment on Dr. Oz.
Not sure if it's working or not................