Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 05:27 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Morning beachers!

New meds from endocrinologist and more blood work in 6 weeks. Did the c25k last night then planted an azalea bush (that I'll probably kill) and a couple other plants. I still have more to do, may do that tonight if it stops raining.

Cindy - A lady I work with is taking the green coffee bean and she is doing well with it. But she's a little on the plumper side. She like the appetite control she feels.

Kelly - How much have you lost this round? How many days has it been? Hoping for a good loss for you today!

Its has been the longest week EVER!

Have a good day beachers!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/182/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
HI Girls,
Not sure what my weight was this morning cause I stayed over at Michaels last night. I did a hard work out at the gym, so I am hoping that got things moving again with my body.

Tina- I am on day 28 of this round, I am supposed to go 40 days. As of yesterday morning when I checked my weight I had lost 14 pds. Not great, but better than nothing!

Its crappy and rainy here, thinking about going back to the gym again tonight, I will see how I feel this evening.

Tomorrow night Michael and I are kid free and his roomates are going out of town so we have the house to ourselves, not sure that has ever happened! lol. He got us ticks to go see David Alan Grier, I am super excited, I used to love him on In Living Color. Should be fun.

Saturday is baseball all day and then laundry and house cleaning on Sunday, fun times!

Kelly
Old 05-17-2013, 06:31 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

TGIF Beachers!

I am down 2 lbs for the week and NOT out of the 200 yet. Next week for sure!

Hitting up Target and WM tonight. Tomorrow visitng my momma and doing some yard work for her then grocery shopping. Saturday will prob be working around the house. I am prepping the bathroom for a new coat of paint on EVERYTHING. Along with a new door going up soon.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #34
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Good morning! Well, it was a good morning until I got on the scale. I was up from last week. But I am going to blame it on ToM which is looming over me.

After running this morning, I took a quick swing to Walmart. Gorgeous hanging baskets in their garden center for great prices (literally $15 less than Home Depot or any of the local garden places). I also picked up a bunch of plants for all my patio and front step containers. Still about a week too early to put any annuals in the ground here. I plan to do a ton of potting, transplanting, etc. tomorrow.

Today is beautiful and warm here...why can't we get this on a Saturday??

Tina, woo hoo on the 2 lbs!!

Kelly, I cannot believe you have lost 14 lbs in that short of a time period. Amazing.

Cindy, I didn't realize your daughter is getting married out of town, where is the wedding?

TGIF!!!

2014 Running Miles: 390
2014 Walking Miles: 308
2014 Biking Miles: 513
Old 05-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
Well I got on the scales this morning and even though my weight loss has slowed down a bunch, I was still down 2 more pds, which made me happy!! That puts me only 16 pds from my goal. Im just gonna try to get into the 150s before my trip to Cali, considering how slow things are going now ,thats going to be a stretch!!

I could barely sleep last night from all the excitement, we finally got our Hawaii ticks!!! We leave in exactly 4 weeks from today So my tanning and fitness have been stepped up a notch between now and then lol. Plus I leave for my Socal trip in exactly 13 days, cant wait for that either, I get to see my sister and niece and nephew that I havent seen in over a year.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Kelly
Old 05-18-2013, 05:22 AM   #36
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
DD's Wedding Shower Day!!!

Wiz - her wedding is in Milwaukee!
Old 05-20-2013, 06:56 AM   #37
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a drab weekend. Not one sighting of the sun since Friday and just as bad today. And to top it off, there has been this horrible, constant drizzle. Ugh!

In any case regardless of the crappy weather, I got a ton of gardening done on Saturday. It's starting to come together! And hopefully lots more work to do this coming long weekend.

Yesterday we attended my nephew Sean's HS graduation party. While the weather was terrible, the party was still a lot of fun. He has a full ride scholarship to play lacrosse at Holy Cross University - and he is a good student as well. We're very proud of his accomplishments. Although I find it hard to believe that I used to hold him as a baby and he is 6'7" now!!

Cindy, how was the shower??

Kelly, Which island are you going to in Hawaii?

Tina, did you get the painting started? What's new color scheme? I REALLY want to change our master bath. It is 18 years old, and yes, while there is really nothing wrong with it , I want a new vanity, new doors for the shower, etc. It just looks tired...

Gang, I need a super good week and am determined to be mostly Phase 1 until Friday. I went grocery shopping yesterday morning and have meals all squared away for the week.

Let's all have a GREAT week.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
Well I did some damage this weekend, I am up 2 pds today. I ended up having some cocktails at the comedy show Friday night, we had a blast though, so it was worth it. Then Saturday despite the fact that it was pouring rain outside they still had the kids baseball game, so we sat outside in the cold and rain miserable for 2 hours!! I was chilled to the bone, so we went to Starbucks after and I got a skinny latte cause I needed to warm up, then that evening the kids and I made cupcakes and I ate 1. Oh well, it was all worth it, back on the straight and narrow this week, only 10 days till my trip

Wiz- We are going to Kona, that is one of the islands I have not been too yet and I am super excited, there is a boat tour that we are going to go on at night where you can see the lava flowing into the ocean, that will be amazing, I cant wait!!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend, its supposed to be 74 here today and sunny and then rain for like the next week, so we have 1 day to enjoy and thats it

Lets make this week count!

Kelly
Old 05-21-2013, 06:58 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Made it to under 200 today

Wiz - Our weather was so nice I worked more outside this weekend than inside, bathroom is still a great big disaster area I'm mostly just freshening up the paint job. Sanded down a couple of paint runs from last time This will probably be an ongoing job for the WHOLE summer lol.

Cindy -Hope your DD had an awesome shower. Loved the pics on instagram!

Kel - 10 days! So jelous!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #40
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Finally!! The sun is shining and it is warm here today!! I did a great 5-mile run this morning, I really felt like I burned some calories.

But, it's ToM, so I won't step on the scale until later this week. No sense depressing myself.

Tina, congrats on the loss!!

Kelly, yeah, as mentioned I was up too. But I am determined to have a good week and so far, I'm on track.

So Cindy, what are you wearing for the wedding??

Busy work day, gotta run!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,

Tina- Congrats on Onederland!! That always feels good!

Cindy- We need to see a pic of your dress for the wedding

Wiz- Congrats on the warm weather, I think you guys got it from us, cause we had awesome weather yesterday and now today its rainy and crappy out and is supposed to stay that way till the weekend lol.

I was down only 1/2 pd this morning from what I gained over the weekend, how come it takes us so long to lose it, but we can sure gain it quickly lol. I never understood that!!

My boss is gone the rest of this week, so I am in charge and I dont have a whole lot to do, so I checked out a book from the library, its a low carb cookbook, I went through it and marked all the ones I want to try and now I am goin to photo copy them at work lol. Gives me something to do!!

Have a great Tuesday ladies,

Kelly
Old 05-22-2013, 06:14 AM   #42
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nothing new to report, trying to eat well this week and being pretty successful!

How about you all?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Well I am back to my siggy weight this morning after my cheats this past weekend, so that was awesome to see if it came off fairly quickly!! now more virgin fat loss for the next 8 days till my trip!!

8 days till I will be laying in sunny California on a huge sailboat with a cocktail in my hand!! I am thinking this is going to be the best birthday ever!!

Work is boring, I brought a book to read today and of couse there is always Candy Crush lol.

Happy Humpday Girls!!

Kelly
Old 05-23-2013, 05:20 AM   #44
Queen Bargain Shopper

I think the stress is causing me to have a really bad eating week.
I decided when I got up this morning, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
I am going to rein it in.......typing it and saying it here is going to make me be accountable and I am going to be honest here with you all. I am off to Nashville tomorrow for niece's wedding, but not going to go all bingey! lol DH wants to start something next week, so between the two of us AND I am going to get serious and start working out 2x a week over my lunch at work.......with my boss.....who has amazingly transformed her body by weight training.........as much as I hate doing it over my lunch, I need to do something.

I don't want to wish this time away, but lots of changes at work coupled with the wedding, I am majorly stressed and need to channel it into something else other than snacking.

There.
Said.
You ladies need to keep me accountable!

Love and hugs, have a safe weekend and I will check in from Nashville when I can!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 05-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Ladies,
I was down another pd this morning, I am inching closer to the 150's, I never thought I would say that!! Its like I am so close I can taste it

I went yesterday and tried on some new clothes because all my other stuff is starting to fall off me. I found 3 dresses for my trips that I love!! There havent been too many times that I looked in the mirror and actually liked what I saw, but yesterday I did!! Talk about a good feeling

Anyway, its still rainy and crappy weather here and now they say that will continue through the holiday weekend So much for getting outside with the kids.

Saturday is Michaels younger sons bday, so they are having a big party, of course pizza, cake and ice cream, so I am packing my own food in advance so I wont be tempted to eat off plan!! Gotta stay prepared

Cindy- Sounds like your struggling a little and we have all been there, me more times than I can count lol. You can do this! Its all about willpower and putting your mind to it.

Have a great Thursday

Kelly
Old 05-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #46
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey gang...I went off the deep end last night. I didn't eat any off plan foods but I did eat everything I could get my hands on. Why oh why do I sabotage myself like that when I am stressed out??

Cindy, I feel your pain. But I, too, picked myself back up today and am determined to get myself back on track.

Kelly, I am SO happy for you. Great news on the weight loss and buying some new clothes for your trip!!

Ok, Miss Tina, what's going on this week?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

TGIF!

Gonna be another busy weekend. Visiting with DH 'rents before they head home tomorrow. Saturday getting my hair colored, then eyebrows waxed. Sunday is a bday party for my nephew. I told DH he was not gonna pry me out of the house on Monday. I'm going NOWHERE!

Down 3 lbs this week!

Have a great memorial day weekend friends!
Old 05-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,

Wiz- Sorry you had a rough time last night, I hate when that happens, I kinda blew it last night too, well I had a diet soda, I am not supposed to be drinking those while on my stuff and as a result my weight was the same this morning as yesterday I knew better too, but did it anyway, not sure why!

Tina- Have fun with the new do! I got my brows waxed yesterday too Monday I will be driving all over the place, taking kids back to their dads, they are with me for the long weekend. Then I get some peace and quiet and my lovely bday trip

Where is Miss Cindy??

I hope everyone has a great weekend, I prob wont check in the whole time because I will be busy running around with the fam. See you gals on Tuesday and hopefully I will be down a few more pds

Kelly
Old 05-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #49
Queen Bargain Shopper

I was in Nashville!
Left early Friday morning, got back tonight.
My niece got married down there.
Eating was of course, not the best and other than walking - no working out.
This is THE week!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,

Well I was up 1.5 this morning, but that was expected due to my lack of control this past weekend. I guess it could have been worse considering all that I got myself into!! Cake, pizza, wine, etc...

I am thinking when I get home from my vacation I am going to try the ACV, folks who are doing it seem to be getting good resultls!! I have some now, but its not the kind with the mother in it, so I need to go shopping and get the correct stuff, not even sure where to buy that kind, I guess like a Whole foods or something? Has anyone read about the folks taking it daily?

I am working from home today cause I have to take my car in to get my tire fixed from my blowout yesterday, I found out that its under warranty at least, so it shouldnt cost me anything, which is nice since I had to pay 100 bucks to the tow guy yesterday to help me put the donut on If its not one thing its another!!

Short week for me, we fly out on Thursday for my bday trip to Cali I cant wait!!

Kelly
Old 05-29-2013, 06:30 AM   #51
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's so wacky here...I had the heat on yesterday (never got out of the 50s), today it may hit 90!

The big excitement is that the President was in town! He walked our boardwalk (along with his Secret Service snipers on the rooftops Yikes!) with Gov. Christie.

I am really trying to cut back on my portion size, I think (know ) I am eating too much food. Especially protein - meat and cheese. So I am doubling up on veggies and trying to streamline everything else. We'll see.

Kelly, your b-day trip sounds awesome. I know you will have a good time.

Cindy, Loved your dress for your niece's wedding! I can't get away with sleeveless, my shoulders are too big. I look like one of those East German female swimmers from the good old Iron Curtain days.

Tina, how's it going? Were you able to relax on Monday as hoped??

OK, gotta run...first conference call of the day is on deck.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
I was back to my siggy weight this morning, which was nice to see!! I took my last dose of my HCG last night, going off of it while on vacation so I can eat other things lol. But I am going to try to stick to low carb as much as possible, I dont want to come back with a huge gain! Then I am going to hop back on it until I leave for Hawaii, try to get as much of this weight off as I can.

This will be my last check in before I leave, so I wont see you guys till next Monday! I hope you have a great rest of the week.

Kelly
Old 05-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #53
Queen Bargain Shopper

Kelly - have a great time!

Back on the straight and narrow - WITH DH!
He wants to try Atkins for a while - so, I am kind of in that mode this week.....we will see what happens.

Thanks Wiz - I don't look too shabby in sleeveless, but need to work on toning the upper outside of my arms.......my dress for DD's wedding is sleeveless also!

The President! !!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #54
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good eating week!! Although I did have a glass of wine last night. The scale is moving down, so that is good. I still haven't gotten back to my pre-vacation weight (and I've been home for a month ), but I am getting close.

I made Turkey Spinach Parmesan meatballs this week with home-made marinara sauce. Joe ate his on a whole wheat roll, I had mine in a bowl. They were really good and nice to eat leftover as well. If anyone wants the recipe, let me know.

Tonight we are doing marinated pork tenderloin (EVOO, balsamic, garlic, dijon mustard, rosemary, thyme, parsley) and a saute of zucchini, red pepper, onion and tomato.

Cindy, I have tried Atkins in the past - but I get kind of tired of meat all the time! I love my veggies.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:48 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Sorry to be MIA this week. Been a busy week.

Down a little over a lb for the week. I'll take it after the long holiday!

Heading out for a pedi after work! Grad party on Sunday.

Have a great weekend friends!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:45 AM   #56
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello! I had a good week after a long weekend of eating. My weight was horrifying on Tuesday morning, but it was all gone by today. Whew!

Tina, my nails (fingers and toes) are atrocious right now from all the intense yardwork I've been doing (over 10 hours last weekend!) It doesn't matter if I wear gloves or closed toe shoes, they rip, get dirty, etc. Very unsightly. I really need a mani/pedi...

We're off to a graduation party on Saturday night, but it's local and we'll ride our bikes. Our whole gang of friends will be there, so I am really looking forward to it.

Hope you all have a great weekend. I really, really want to be good with my eating and wake up Monday morning at around the same weight.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:48 PM   #57
Queen Bargain Shopper

Ok, Wiz - I have to say that Atkins isn't the Atkins of the old days......it's basically SB with full fat "stuff". A typical day isn't much different than SB - Huge salads with lots of veggies, but the biggest thing is making sure you don't go over 20 carbs a day - during induction. I'm gonna see what happens after a week.

Busy weekend with wedding shower, bachelorette......hoping food is doable at the shower tomorrow. I will eat before and pick wisely.....tomorrow night's dinner is at a sushi place but they have other stuff like stir fry so may get that instead.

I got a mani today - been doing gel polish and love it.

Hope everyone has a great successful weekend!
Closed Thread