Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 04:19 AM   #1
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
SHORTIES - Where are the MAY Flowers?

Time for a new month!
I forgot!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2013, 04:21 AM   #2
Queen Bargain Shopper

I will take a pic of the invite, etc and post, so you can see.........
It's one thing after another!

Great dinner out last night with the most amazing salad!

Off and running again............
Old 05-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Where did u go to dinner at Cindy? I love a really good salad!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good morning-
I'm still working my way through my VERY LONG to do list. UGH! Of course, I keep adding to it so that doesn't help.

MK, I saw on fb that Merlin is lab/hound. Our dog Bite (before we moved here) was walker hound/lab. He looked more like the hound than the lab though. It took forever before he outgrew the chewing stage, but he was sweet.

Becky, congrats on the loss!

Cindy, I'm sure you are still crazy busy with wedding stuff and fall registrations.

Debbie, you may not know about all of the drama until after the fact as the mom of the groom unless the bride decides to share with you.

Jenn, hope you are hanging in there!

Kaye, how's the patient today?
Old 05-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

mk, hunter is crossed with a blood hound, he gets those hound dog eyes when he wants something from you... Like food. He also has the long droopy hound ears, not the shorter lab ears. He's my sweetie, he loves it when Mammaw comes to see the girls, but he thinks I'm there to see him!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Hair cut, brows, nails done. Been to the bank, paid some bills, bought my mom and Mirsa Mother's Day gifts. I also went to post office twice.

I made a frittata so I don't have to make breakfast or brunch fr 4 days.

Now I need to iron.

They came and sealed the driveway today so we are parking in the road and using the font door.

I run at 6:30. DH in Florida and flies back tonight.

I keep delaying the ironing but need a uniform for tomorrow.

It has been an easy day. This whole week better then last except at work.

I have a line on a doctors office job. I may peruse it even though it would be a huge reduction in pay but more hours. Quality of life would be better and no weekends or holidays and close to home.

The doctor shares an office with DHs doctor and needs a nurse. He is away till tomorrow. I hope I hear fom him.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Debbie, I love having weekends and the major holidays off. If I worked full time I would get paid for holidays but I don't since I'm only part time.

Mom and I went to Applebee's and then Kroger. Then I stopped and picked out Thursday night camper up. She's cuddled up to papa sleeping.

I still need to get mom's and kims mothers day gifts. I always give mom a gift card to Barnes and noble, I'll probably take her and Kim to lunch next Saturday when the girls are with brad.

I'm tired, mom days always wear me out.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #8
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

Our gorgeous Spring day turned chilly and rainy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
Great dinner out last night with the most amazing salad!
What was in it?

Debbie - your house is going to look fantastic!!

Kelly - did you get through your list?

Becky - mom days can be really tiring!!

Jenn - how are you doing?

Kaye - Peep peep!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:30 AM   #9
Queen Bargain Shopper

TGIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:49 AM   #10

MK, we have had beautiful days the last two days but it turns cold as soon as the sun goes own.

I still can't believe the snow in Minnesota.

Working today. DH has rehearsal for wedding at 6. I think he is skipping the dinner.

Meeting friends tomorrow morning to run. The wedding is at 3. Sunday is the graduation at 9:45am. After the wedding there is a pizza,wings and cake party at her mom and dads.

Memorial Day weekend they are having a big party at her sisters. My dad is coming down. DHs brother coming for the party without his wife.

My house needs a ton of work. I need carpets shampooed,blinds on every window,paint, bathrooms need updating. I also need to paint again and new bifold doors in kitchen. All this is expensive. My master bath alone will cost a ton.

With wedding expenses and giving Billy and Mirsa money towards down payment I may do some painting( not me personally) and bifold doors. I need to get an estimate. These doors have never been right. I have replaced two times. They don't stay on their track and must be cheap. I need to find a better option.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:53 AM   #11

Happy Friday Cindy.

MK, how is your new doggy adjusting??

Kelly, so, how many more days till DS home? I know your counting.

Becky,you making your camper a special breakfast??

Jenn, come back!!!

Kaye, how many chicks now?? Your youngest graduates this year??

Mirsa's graduation is really something. First one in here to graduate. Honors too!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:15 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

That is awesome about Mirsa's graduation! And honors, that is something to be proud of. Is your son getting married at 3 or someone else? For some reason I thought it was later in the spring/summer. Johns nephew is graduating from HS and his party is the 18th, I think that's Kim's weekend for thig girls so they can go. They love his sister, Heather and Alyssa is convinced Heather is really Taylor swift cuz she goes to college on Long Island so since she's not here she thinks she is touring. She's going to be so disappointed when she realizes she's just a plain ol' everyday cousin!

Our camper is waiting for her mommy to bring her some McDonald breakfast. I have bloodwork at 11, I yet to schedule it earlier and didn't realize Til this week that its at 11. Grrr! My appointment is next Friday at 11. That is fine cuz I don't have to wait to eat. If they weren't testing cholesterol I could cuz they're doing they and thyroid. I have a feeling. That my synthroid needs increased again, they're having trouble getting my thyroid raised.

Going to grab something to eat after my appt and then come home and mow, the yard is driving me crazy, it should have been done on Tuesday. Waiting for the ok to mow is driving me insane every time I drive past our house, the grass has really grown between the rain on Monday and the lawn treatment on Tuesday. It will look nice when in done and calories spent as well!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:38 AM   #13

Friends are getting married. Sons wedding is October 20.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:43 AM   #14

MK, my lawn is mowed by a landscaping service. Worth $25 a week. Plus they edge and blow away grass. We don't have a lawn mower.

Now if I could my house cleaned weekly too!!!

My Thyroid med only needed to be increased once.i think it was 2-3 years ago. I couldn't tell a difference.

Not been eating as low carb as I should. No real sweets but more carbs. Need to reduce because I gained over 2 pounds last week. Of course we had company and I went on a tortilla chip(corn) binge. Yesterday it was pop chips. I won't be buying more of either unless we have company!!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:01 AM   #15
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

One of the cats is taking back the kitchen! She defiantly came in this morning and DARED Merlin to challenge her. He backed away pretty quickly.

Exercise this morning, errands, dog walk (insert about 4 of those into my day) and shooting at the gun range tonight.

Debbie - I could have that same list for my house. Everything needs to be updated.
We used to have a lawn service - I rally enjoyed it "magically" getting done - now I have to nag DH!
Congrats to Mirsa!

Becky - too cute about Taylor Swift!! Does she look like her?

Cindy - tell about your week!!! There was more wedding drama?

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 05-03-2013, 06:22 AM   #16

Our lawn would never get mowed without the service. It takes them 20 minutes. They use big mowers and there are more then one.

We can afford $100 a month. I do not mow. Never have. The boys used to do it like 15 years ago. The grass was always in need of mowing. I can't do it. Between allergies and my back no way.

Thankfully the wedding is an hour away and we won't have a lot of people here. I still need some things done. I am going to get the kitchen walls and bifold doors done. DS21's old room needs paint. I will do the two upstairs bathrooms. Bet it still costs a lot. Just need to find someone.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning-

Friday, YEAH!!!!

Becky, so sweet that you have your regular Thursday night camper! Thanks for the Mother's day reminder, I need to get cards AND actually mail them. (adding that to my to do list)

Debbie, sometimes its worth less money for better hours! When I dropped weekends/nights/evenings... several years ago it was such a relief!
(Oh, and 12 days until DS19 comes home! YEAH!)

MK, my to do list is still growing and not done. Some of the things are started but I have to wait on someone else before I can move to the next part of them. (like our swim banquet, the last time I talked to the booster treasurer we were very short on contributions and its hard to plan without a general idea of our budget-as just one example)

The boys used to mow at our old house. Here our landlady has used the same lawncare person for years and he is a family friend so she includes that in our rent. It gets mowed/trimmed/edged every week and he takes care of my sprinklers, but all of the weeding/cutting things back etc. is ours to do, which is fine because I kinda like to play in the yard as long as the weather is nice.

Cindy, hang in there! Hope you get some down time this weekend!
Old 05-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #18
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Kelly - DS20 comes home on Tuesday night!!!!
Very excited!

AND everyone will be here for Memorial Day weekend!
Score!!

Debbie - You're probably more critical than anyone else will be - we always see all the flaws in our homes where others just see the fun stuff!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

We need a lot of renovation too. Face it, we were busy raising our families up until now so we didn't have the time or the money to do home things. Now that try families are raised or close to it, we can finally start doing the repairs, new construction that we haven't had the time or the money to do.

I mowed the front and the side yard, had to do the front twice cuz of the dandelions and it was so tall from the rain p. Monday and then the lawn company treating it with weed spray and I couldn't mow Til today. Have to do the back yard today but since it took 1 hour 25 minutes (that's what my arm band clocked for exercise, yay!!!) so i figured I would do the back yard tomorrow and use that as my exercise for tomorrow. It lookalike our house now and not a vacant property!!

My neck has been stiff all day and when I turn it it shots a pain across my chest down to my arm
Old 05-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Hit send too soon! It shoots a pain down my chest, across my armpit and into my back around my shoulder blades. I think it's from sleeping with our Thursday night camper!!! We worked her Pinkalicious puzzle again this morning when her eyes just came open. Lol. It was a 60 piece puzzle and its too hard for her but I was letting her tap the pieces down when I would find them. She kept saying "this is hard" and I kept saying "you'll get t, you just have to keep working it and then it gets easier". This coming from someone that is a lousy puzzle worker!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MK, will DS20 be home for the summer? You will have an awesome Memorial Day weekend.
I like your new avi. I'm sure Becky will too.

I need to toss the towels in the dryer and figure out what we are having for dinner. Same thing every night. (but at least I picked up our wine club wines earlier today, so that's done )
Old 05-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, I've seen that Avi a time or 2. Lol. U have good taste, MK!

We went to Applebee's tonight. Yum! Going to finish mowing tomorrow and then take the girls to get shoes (tennies) and get them started on simmer clothes.

My neck is still a mess!!! I was hoping being outside in the sun would help it a little.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 05-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

I mowed for 2 hours and 11 minutes, back twice cuz it was in such bad shape and the front again cuz it had actually grown since yesterday. Next mowing probably Tuesday or Wednesday if it doesn't rain.

I bought my very first pair of capris ever. A pair of khacki's. got a pair of white jeans, haven't had those since I first got married and a pair of dark blue jeans. And a top to wear for johns nephews graduation party 2 weeks from tonight. Got the girls summer clothes too.
Waiting for John to come home, seriously... It's 7:32 on a freakin Saturday night! He's in trouble!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #25
Princess Proofreader

Hi!!
Glad you like my avi!

Rainy, icky day - again!
I can't wait for the sun to come out!

Went to a Housewarming party for some friend's kids - can they be kids if they're late 20's? Anyway, very fun and the hostess even made dairy-free brownies for me!

Kelly - yes, DS20 will be home for the summer - probably his last one!
He has a job life-guarding at the pool, a side-job teaching a friend's daughter to swim, and internship at the library in the archives and a fellowship from Loyola that he can do at home this summer! He'll be busy!
Old 05-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

My niece ran the Flying Pig marathon today in Cincinnati. she did the 1/2 and did it in 3 hours. She has a bad knee and in amazed she could do it. She just said she can barely walk cuz her legs are cramping up.

I took a nice spill today, fell offer a thing that sticks up on johns punching bag thing that olds the punching bag. My wrists and tail bone are aching, hit the back of my head but that's not too bad. I must have hyperextended my thumb cu it's feeling the worse out of anything. I was vacuuming and was waking backwards with the sweeper and fell over the leg of the brace.

I'm so tired, we had our camper again last night, she wanted to "sweep in mammaw's bed, pweeeese????"
Old 05-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #27
Princess Proofreader

Becky - sounds like you need a little R&R!! AND a night alone in your bed! How's your neck?
Old 05-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Neck is still a little sore but better, thumb feels like heck tho!
Old 05-06-2013, 04:01 AM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Good morning, Ladies!

Starting to feel a bit better so I thought I'd check in.

Have read, but busy morning so no time for indies.

Although, MK, had to laugh at your kitty taking back the kitchen!

Hard to believe it's May...lots going on with the kids this month. So glad school is almost over!

Doing candy grams this week at the middle school, so that's keeping me even more busy. lol!

Will check back in later.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:26 AM   #30
Queen Bargain Shopper

Is it really Monday again?
Closed Thread