Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
DH and DS15 are busy moving DS15 out of his big brother's room for the summer. They are making it far more complicated than it needs to be. (I'm staying out of the way!)

The HS swim team had their last home meet of the year last week. Next week is the big conference meet, we hosted the little conference meet. It went really well. (and yes, I'm happy the season is winding down, neither kid loves swim season, they both just look at it as competitive conditioning.) We still have the banquet, but otherwise its pretty much done for me!

I'm waiting on the duvet cover in the dryer before I put the summer quilt inside and then I have a couple of outside dirty things I need to do. They won't take long but if I get muddy I'll want to clean up again so waiting until after I get the laundry put away.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Kelly, I hate it when John and Kim do things, I also keep far far away!!!

Kim's out with Cory tonight and they will be together tomorrow, the girls come home at 2 cuz brad has to be at work early. Funny thing... If he has to be at work WhY isn't she getting child support regularly? It's so sporadic! WHY isn't Pepsi taking child support out of his check???? What a loser!!!! Glad she's by married to him any more, at least I don't have to worry about her safety with him!

Don't know when we are going out. John was going to take me out but I have to see then the lovebirds are finished visiting!!!! I told her she better not be late tomorrow cuz we wanted to celebrate too!

Debbie, I think Kim, my niece and I are going to run the dayton Celtic festival 5K on July 27. It should be fun with Tracy and Kim!!! John will be on the hydroplane going to the camp in Canada just as we're running that. Kim and Tracy are thinking about running the Air Force marathon. I might do the 10K next year but the only spots that are open this year are the marathon spots, the 5K, 10K and half marathon are all filled. I told Tracy I might run the 10K at the flying pig next year but the half is up hill quite a lot and I don't think I would make t for 13 miles! I would have to lose a whole bunch more weight this coming year to den consider that!!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Be back later!
Old 05-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Could u guys tell I'm typing on my i
Old 05-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

iPod???? Geesh!!!!
Old 05-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #65
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Lookin GOOD, Debbie!

I am pooped!!!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

Beautiful pic Debbie!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #67
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

Running around today . . . I still don't have any flowers for the pots in the back, but i bought basil and dill and lemon verbena (it smells wonderful!), and some tomatoes for the pots on my balcony.

Debbie - great dress! And you look wonderful! I buy the kids things too, since they're almost all gone . . . .

Becky - Pepsi SHOULD be taking it out of his check!!

Cindy - the wedding is in Milwaukee? Why do they keep bringing the circus to GB on the weekends? I thought you'd be going down there.

I can't wait to see pictures of all the dresses!!
And all I got my mom was a card and a 5 minute visit.
She just doesn't need anything!

Kelly - it's always good to get to the next season!!
Do you get a break before summer swimming?
I took my winter spread to the cleaners and tonight it will be 37! Brrrrrrr!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 05-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #68
Princess Proofreader

Kelly

Old 05-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #69
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Happy Mother's Day to you all.

We had Isabella and family over last night. It was fun. She gave me a little plant they potted at daycare. I will put it in my garden some where. I have annuals in two pots. None in the garden.

My new landscaping,patio and everything is my Mother's Day gift. I told DH not to buy anything.

I work 12 hours today. I didn't have a choice. Had to get my weekend hours in as I took last weekend off and I am off Memorial Day Weekend.

I guess I should get up and moving. DH is at Marathon Training run. He signed up for the program to run with friends since I work Sundays. He isn't planning to run a fall marathon but did sign up for Marine Corp just in case.

Becky, I saw Kim's FB post. She signed up for the Air Force Marathon. Good for her. Our First Time Marathon group ( not just first timers) started last week for fall marathon training. The majority due Marine Corp. My brother trains alone. We train with our club in a program. I start my Half Marathon Program next week.

By the way we have a beginning women's program and a 5k program which is co-Ed. Check out running clubs in Dayton.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:29 AM   #70

Becky, tell Kim to check out Runners Plus at the Dayton Mall they have training programs and group runs. I did a google search. There is also a Road Runners club. I belong to a Road Runners Club.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

I signed Kim and I both up for the Ohio Rivers Road Runners club when I first started running. I'm excited for her!
Old 05-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #72
Queen Bargain Shopper

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post

Cindy - the wedding is in Milwaukee? Why do they keep bringing the circus to GB on the weekends? I thought you'd be going down there.

I can't wait to see pictures of all the dresses!!
And all I got my mom was a card and a 5 minute visit.
She just doesn't need anything!
The wedding is in Milwaukee, but all dress and hair related stuff is here!
She had her dress made - her wedding dress and a dress for her shower - which she plans on wearing in Paris as well. DD is so tiny that she can never find anything to fit so said she wanted one dress, besides her wedding dress, to fit her. Then yesterday she had a cut and color and her extensions put in, so her other friend IN Milwaukee, who is a bridesmaid and a stylist, can do a couple trials with her hair! Plus she wants to come here and do wedding related errands with her Momma and her sister!

My Mom doesn't need anything either - but I just felt bad not sending her anything.

I guess DD and DSIL are coming over and DH is cooking brunch. I'd rather he didn't - he makes a HUGE mess. DD and DSIL had too much to do this weekend to get ready for the shower next weekend! I said I really don't need to do anything..........this should be interesting. He has to make regular and vegan food, which he has an issue with.....

Last night DD and I made pizza's. Archer Farms from Target has vegan crusts. They are really good!

Have a good day at work, Debbie!

No flowers here yet - we are still having too cold of temps. I usually don't do the few plants I do, do, until after Memorial Day weekend.

Enjoy your day, ladies. I hope you all have a great one no matter what you do or who you do it with!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 05-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #73
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Happy Mother's Day!!

Cindy - I totally understand! DH said I shouldn't be unloading the dishwasher - it's Mother's Day! But will he do it - no - it'll just wait until tomorrow

We're going out to brunch - and then I just want a day of nothing.

Mother's Day is usually our last day of frost - except this year - who knows.
It was 37 last night!!
Old 05-12-2013, 06:55 AM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

It's suppose to frost here tonight, I brought some of my plants back in last night, then tr lemon trees come back in tonight, not going to chance losing those! They would have to bury me if Iost all 3 of my lemon trees! I've babied the ones from seed for 9 years and they are my little pets.

I mowed the front yesterday, going to do the side and the back when the dew is gone. I have been breaking it up into 2 exercise sessions. Yesterday was just over an hour and the rest will be about that today.

Going to dinner if Kim can break herself away from Cory today. I reminded her, lets see. I normally don't mind, except today is Mother's Day and I want to go out at a descent time.

Have a good day ladies
Old 05-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good morning & happy mothers day to all of you! We are having a lazy morning here. DH put bacon in the oven for us & I tossed mine with tomatoes, mayo and lettuce. Not a typical breakfast, but it tasted SO yummy!

DH & DS15 finished everything pretty quickly considering everything they did. I had already cleaned the closet & sorted through things that didn't fit, so that helped. So, other than just moving the clothes back, they moved pictures & plaques on the walls, rearranged furniture & even dusted & mopped the wood floors. They dumped all the rugs in the garage so I still need to wash those & put clean sheets on DS19's bed, but otherwise they have things in good shape & DS15 actually said he was happy to move back into his room.

Becky, sounds like you all are having a nice weekend.
You are doing so great with your diet & exercise! We're proud of you. The running club will be fun & it will help you stay motivated to have a group to run with!

Debbie, you looked gorgeous!
I occasionally send little packages to DS19 at school. I'm sure I will buy for the kiddos when they are out of the house too. We'll have to do some clothes shopping when he comes home since he's gained about 30 (much needed) pounds this year. He says his size 31 jeans now fit.

MK, they move back into the crazy water polo schedule. Both boys decided they don't really like swim season, it's just a necessary evil to play HS water polo. DS19 has had a few weeks out of the pool so they can concentrate on academics as the term is wrapping up. He told me he is ready to be back in the pool. He'll train with our club team here all summer & he has a team mate coming for almost a month to train here too. I'm glad we will be able to get to know his friends/apartment mates since they are all from the Midwest.

Cindy, I'm sure you all will have good memories of the wedding prep when it's all done! I can't wait to see the pictures. She'll be a beautiful bride!
DH does more cooking than me here so that's not that unusual. We have always done a lot of grilling though, even before we moved here. Usually he will do the meat & I'll do the veggies & the clean up. I'm usually cleaning up the prep while he is cooking though so it doesn't get out of control. The boys like to cook too, & I kinda flip out on them if they leave me a huge mess so they decently clean things up now. (I still have to go behind them, but they will at least put things in the dishwasher)
Old 05-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

The lemon trees are back in for tonight. Suppose to warm up after tomorrow, tomorrow is suppose to be a high of 58. Low of 34. Complements of Mk!!!! Thanks, gf!

We went to Ruby Tuesdays, just got home. I hate eating this late. Got the asiago sirloin, grilled green beans and grilled zucchini. I love grilled zucchini!

Going to bed shortly! Back on the ol' diet now. I'm stuffed, not use to eating they much anymore!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #77
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day!!
Old 05-13-2013, 04:33 AM   #78
Queen Bargain Shopper

Great Mother's Day here!
I had all my kids around!
FSIL brought me flowers AND a SBux gift card.......I think I AM going to let this wedding happen on 6/21!

I bought DD25 a gift too - from DH and DD23 and I - just a little something.....a necklace and some relax shower/bath gel and lotion - she got pretty emotional.

Crazy week ahead!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
hello!

Been crazy busy around here!

Debbie- you look fabulous!

Cindy-I'd be pulling my hair out if I was your DD! lol! Having to do all that traveling. Can't wait to see pics! Please tell Stephanie that I really miss her blog!

Kelly-I loved swimming, but not the swim season. I'm sure your boys are glad it's almost over.

Becky-glad your diet is working so well for you!

MK-good luck with your plants. I still have plants waiting to be transplanted: tomato, beans, corn, and a few other things.

Had a nice mother's day. All the kids but Rhonda planted marigolds in Sunday School weeks ago (Rhonda is too old of Sunday School), so they were blooming. They painted the flowerpots too and they are sooo cute! Millie painted hers blue and decorated it with flower stickers (very her); Henry painted his green and drew a piggy face (Angry Birds) on it; and Padraic painted his TARDIS blue and used black sticker letters to spell out Police Box on the rim. Then, on the bottom of the saucer, he drew a dalek. They were all adorable!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Old 05-13-2013, 05:40 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!
Hope all the best moms I know had great day yesterday!

DH went back to work on 'light duty' today...5 weeks of my routine out of whack. He's still healing and has to not do too much yet. Last Monday his follow up appt. with the surgeon was amazed how well he was doing and lifted all his restrictions, except lifting! No more than 20 lbs yet as an abdominal cut leaves a danger for hernia until that's completely healed inside.

Even the girls were going crazy with 'bored dad' here all. the. time.

The week before last when we had 3 days warning DD18 wanted to go to prom, got very lucky and found a lovely dress at an upscale consignment shop. Tried on 5 or so and put a strapless satin, cocktail length black number with a beaded bodice, it was 'THAT'S the dress'! Fit like it was made for her. Still had to go to the mall and looked at what they had, and they didn't have anything nearly as nice (for 3x the price!). Spent Saturday primping and she ended up having a fun time with 2 girlfriends (who were running VERY late and took forever getting ready!)

With like 10 days to go, and grades barely on the passing mark, she's actually trying and very well might graduate! We won't know until the bitter end, after finals, but there is hope! Literally a few points here and there will decide. Have hemmed her grad gown just in case.

DD20 has passed the interview process for the local plastics plant and 6th in line for the next open slot. She can make some good money for the summer, but not sure if she can continue when school starts again, there is no 'part time' there. I hope she likes it (and the money) enough to figure out a way to continue into fall.

I had a very nice Mother's Day yesterday. Taken out to breakfast, homemade cards, a lovely hanging basket for the patio and the most insightful gift of all, a new pillow!
It's been a busy, stressful, and exhausting month and I have been worn out. Tested the pillow yesterday to make sure it worked correctly and wasn't broken...nice long nap!

Had to cover as many of our plants as we could last night with the frost/freeze, but it was very windy too and some blew off. I hope the apples, grapes, berries and the veggies I've already planted didn't get bitten too badly. The sun is out now so have to go uncover what was still covered!

The new baby chicks are growing fast, and they're a friendlier breed than our others. They're getting their 'big girl feathers' and are so cute! They have to get to be about the same size as the other chickens before we can try to combine our herd. 'Too different' in size and color and they'll get picked on, so have to wait another month or more before we can try. I have to build the bigger coop first!

Not sure what I want to tackle this morning without someone saying 'So.....what are WE going to do today?'
How about I just sit here and do my old morning routine of surfing the net and saying 'hi' to my favorite ladies!

Need to take some time and read the last pages of posts to catch up!
A brief glance shows you all busy but well! Miss you all.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

Kaye, I love raising baby cockatiels and parakeets cuz they look so cute when they get their feathers and they don't lay down right. Lol. And tr jeers are always different. I bought a new rosey Bourke parakeet for Christmas cuz I wanted to raise a clutch of these sometime. Gonna be awhile cuz this new one should be at least 2 years old and it was just 2 months when I it it. Still don't know if its a male or a female yet but since my other 3 are siblings I needed one that wasn't "one of tr family".

Gracie goes to the doctor at 1050, she still has a cough and ear she. Wish they would just do tubes and be done with it. This is crazy. She is so much like Kim was. A little minime of her mommy but Alyssa's personality is more like Kim's than Gracie is.

I couldn't sleep well last night, I'm feeling the effects today.

Bbl, I'll check back and see what you all are up to.

Debbie, did your hubby tell you we are coming to DC on Memorial Day weekend? I didn't know if I mentioned it on here or not
Old 05-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #82
Princess Proofreader

Hi!
Cindy - You're so lucky to have both your girls home!! I could only get 2/4!

Becky - How's Gracie?

Kaye - I bet you're ready to get things back to normal!!! We need chick pics!
And one of DD too!!! Miss you!

Jenn - I knew Padraic was my favorite!! Pic of the Tardis?

DH is in Minneapolis tonight - thank heavens DS20 is here to help me with the 'baby'!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #83
Big Yapper!!!!

I was thinking about Merlin today, MK. How's he doing?
Old 05-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #84
Princess Proofreader

Hi Becky!

Merlin is fine. He's only peed on the carpet once this week - of course it's only Monday!

I'm just trying to keep him tired with long walks. Luckily it's warmer outside!
Thanks for thinking of him!
Old 05-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #85

Becky, when are you coming to DC? I know Memorial Day Weekend but when do you arrive and leave? Where are you staying? We have a party Saturday evening to celebrate Mirsa's graduation. My dad is coming Saturday till Tuesday. He is having a medical procedure Friday so can't come till Saturday. My BIL is coming Saturday and leaving Sunday. My mom leaves Sunday. I have to check all their travel plans. I know BIL leaves from BWI and mom from National.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

Debbie, were leaving Dayton after the girls are ogled up by rad at 9 on Saturday and we late driving home on tea day but I don't know what time. I have NO IDEA where were staying, and I told John that was a bad weeken to go w/o arrangements ad he keeps saying "that's what u said about 4th of July In Gatlinburg". I think it's a bad weekend to leave home anyway! That's brads weekend with the girls and Cory is out of town so Kim will be alone that entire 3 day weekend. I wish we could go a different time but I know what he's thinking... He already has Monday off so he only has to take Tuesday off. Who knows! He doesn't think trips through as the only thing they saves us is luck!

What's everyone up to today? I'm finally having a lazy seat. I picked grace up so Kim could have lunch with Cory, she picked Gracie up and went to get Alyssa from school.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #87
Big Yapper!!!!

Omgosh, I didn't by write that first sentence. My phone is possessed again, they aren't getting ogled, they're getting picked up bu their dad!!!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #88

Monday afternoon would work for me Becky. Any time after 11i think. It would help to know where you are staying.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

I'll let u know when we find a place. I think he's crazy for not going with a reservation!!! Especially a holiday weekend, that always makes me nervous.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

Where was everyone today? Low attendance! Check in girls!
Closed Thread