Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Good luck in your race lil miss!

I forgot to mention that I hurt my calf on Saturday. Went out for a walk and about 5 minutes into it I got a terrible cramp. It's been hurting all week. I thought it might be a blood clot but there's no heat or redness. Tonight I walked(hobbled) for about a mile so it's getting a little better. I've never had anything like this before.

Oh and I'm so excited because I just found out our town is getting a farmer's market! I love farmer's markets but the nearest one is about 10 miles away.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
That's great you're getting a Farmer's Market! I was doing all my shopping at ours before we moved out to the country, so nice to be able to eat with the seasons. Sorry to hear about your calf.

Good luck tomorrow, Lil Miss! You're having a heat wave now? Seems like it's been windy here for months.

I did take the pics down, they were so big, figured no one wanted to see a big old hairy spider. Next time I'll size them down a bit more.

We do have something that takes down the tarantulas. You know I'm into native plants, right? One of the few natives on our site is the narrow leafed milkweed. Supposed to be a great butterfly plant so we've been encouraging it.

Well last year I saw what looked like a giant flying ant hanging around the milkweed. I tried to get close to it with my camera so I could ID it and it let me know it did not like me getting too close. Fair enough, I got enough of an picture to ID it, turned out it was a Tarantula Hawk, it captures, stings, and paralyzes tarantulas, drags them back to their nest and lays their eggs in it, their sting is considered the second most painful insect sting in the world. Why couldn't we just have butterflies?
Old 05-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Yikes Dak, that is scary!
Old 05-31-2013, 04:15 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yikes, I don't have a lot of love for tarantulas, but I still wouldn't wish that upon them. It's such a cruel world.

You should put them back up Dak, I loved seeing the pics including the tarantula.

We're having a heat wave too. It's going to be in the 93 today. I went shopping before my trip to Florida and stocked up on some great shorts so I'm ready for it
Old 06-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi guys, I started our June thread - ~~ LCMY June ~~
Closed Thread