Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Strange weather all over. Glad you weren't affected, Adi. Loved the picture of your son.

I've gotten back to UD/DD routines this week. Hope to break out of the cycle I'm in of feeling too content with this weight and go to the next level.

How are your tomatoes coming along, Adi? Any blossoms or green tomatoes? What varieties of tomatoes are you growing, Lil Miss?

Have you been able to get what you wanted removed from the front of your house and plant the trees you want, Kritter?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Dak- Since I got my tomatoes all mixed up I have no idea what is what BUT I have some 2 in green tomatoes on the plants I planted in the backyard next to the fence. They are well protected and do well there. We shall see. Glad you are back to UD/DD. I am so in the habit that I really don't want to do anything else.

Got another letter from DS wanting me to send boots so I ordered them from Extreme Outfitters in GA and had them shipped directly to him. Sure hope I got the right color. He didn't tell me that part. I don't even know what coyote tan is but desert sand sounded like that should be the one. He is actually enjoying the mountain phase. Beautiful scenery, learned to scale mountains and gets to eat pancakes every morning so far. That is his favorite food.
I had twin alpines born and since the little buck was tri colored and really pretty I posted his picture on my facebook page. Wasn't even thinking about selling him. He is sold and now I have 3 more people wanting alpines. I only have a few of them.
I am packaging soap this morning. Got to get enough ready for my market tomorrow. Had an email for an order of 10 bars. Thank goodness I just made some more of that scent two weeks ago. She ordered a dozen bars to pick up tomorrow. That will pay for my booth rent before I even start.
Squash is blooming and one cucumber. Exciting thinking about fresh veggies. Yum.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
Old 05-19-2013, 06:11 AM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning all. Beautiful day here. Craft show was a super success for me. Strange show though. Vendors either did great (like me) or had a terrible show. My neighbor that sold out last quarter barely sold anything. I traded soap for herb plants and got another stevia and an apple mint and a ginger mint. My apple mint had died out and I have never had ginger mint before.
Had to work on the milk machine. It was working really really slow and it was taking 2 hours to milk. Changed buckets since I just knew it was a vacuum leak. DH thought it was the vacuum pump. Working well with the old Surge style bucket which I hate but it works.
DH plowed the garden while I was gone yesterday and chopped weeds with the hoe while he was waiting on his calf milk to cool last night. Won't be loing until we will have veggies running out of our ears.
Not real hungry this morning (UD) so I am having coffee with HWC and three slices of bacon. Have no idea what I want to eat today but have to keep it under control.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad your show went well, it is odd how it can be so hit or miss for the vendors. Plants would be tricky thing, as a customer I would think twice before having to carry a gallon sized plant around a craft show.

Veggies out of your ears sounds great, Adi! My garlic has started flowering, the flowers are called scapes and are said to be quite the gourmet treat. I made garlic scape pesto last week, good, but really strong. I'm thinking about roasting them next time I cook dinner.

I've begun doing an exercise series that you might be interesting in, it's called the 5 Tibetans. They are 5 exercises, spinning, leg lifts, backbends, table pose, updog/downdog. You start out slow, with just 3 reps then increase as you get stronger. They don't take long at all, maybe 10 mins. I've been doing them in the morning as part of my routine now. They address all my problem spots, double chin, stomach, back of the arms, (do I sound like I'm falling apart? LOL) I'm up to 12 reps now I'm really seeing & feeling a nice difference and thought I'd share.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll email you the ebook.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak- I am interested. 10 minutes is about the length of my attention span these days.And I think I have already fallen apart.
I have chives but they aren't blooming although I think this is when they are supposed to.
AND I picked a little yellow summer squash this morning.
DH has gone to bring another heifer home that is due to have her calf soon. His two bottle calves arfe doing great today so that helps.
I am getting my entries ready for my goat show next weekend, Hate to clip goats but it has to be done but first I have to tattoo the LaManchas. Everything with ears is already tattoed since ears are easier. Tiny tail webs have to grow a bit before they can be done with the 3/8 tattoo set I have.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Emailed you.

Just finished putting bird netting over my berries, I tried to make it taut, I really don't want to find any birds tangled up in there. Some berries are beginning to blush!
Old 05-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
lil miss, so glad to hear from you! Glad you're doing well. It sounds like pilates suits you.

dak, those exercises sound interesting. How do you do your spinning? Do you have an exercise bike?

adi, what an amazing weight loss!

I got back from Florida last night. My sister's place is really cool. They have 17 acres and they're surrounded by acres and acres of cow and horse pastures. Sitting in their yard all you can hear is birds and the neighbor's cows mooing, donkeys braying and roosters crowing. Too funny. It was so peaceful and relaxing but I'm so glad to be home. I ate a lot of junky food while I was there, but I also did a lot of walking so I didn't gain anything.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kritter, the spinning is actually just putting your arms out to your sides and spinning like a 5 year old, from left to right. It's not supposed to be done fast. For a while I was leaving it out of the routine, but I've begun doing it again, it's one of the first things I do in the morning and seems to be very clearing to make myself dizzy. The more you do it, the less the sensation of dizziness. This series doesn't need any special equipment, just a clean floor.

Your sisters place sounds beautiful, but there's always something nice about coming home. Yay for walking!

I got my cucumbers planted, I planted an Indian variety call Poona Kheera. Looks kinda like a russet potato. Big plus, it's supposed to flourish in the heat as opposed to the more English cucumbers. Cucumbers are originally from India, so this is supposedly close to the original. Fun.

I finally got my squash starts in the ground. My summer squash has small flower buds so it is none too soon. Also put butternut squash in, I love butternut squashes.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahah, that sounds interesting. I would imagine spinning around like that would help a lot with balance, which is definitely something I need. I'm always tripping and banging into things.

I did not know cucumbers were originally from India! I guess the brits brought them back and spread them to the rest of the world.

I have off today and am trying to think of what to do. I have a lot of laundry left to do so that will have to get done. It looks like it's going to be a rainy day so no bike ride.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - I did Rite #1. I sure surprised myself that I could spin. I just knew one rotation and I would be flat on the floor. Was kind of fun. Tomorrow I add Rite #2. I am working up slowly to this. And thanks for the book.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Tibetan exercises sound very interesting Dak!

I have 6 tomato plants, all thriving, some green tomatoes growing. Very excited!

I have been a running MACHINE since early March. Dont know what has gotten into me but found my passion for it again and I love feeling good about it. I have a 5 mile race at the end of the month and I am pretty nervous about it. As usual, I am slow but I do enjoy it.

I bought an app that takes you through some exercises, you pick the area, arms, abs, butt etc. I am really enjoying it. Trying to life weight 1-2 times per week and counting the pilates reformer class as a day of working the muscles.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I admire your running, Lil Miss, what a great feeling it must be. 6 tomatoes, sounds like you're catching the tomato bug, be careful, next year it might be 12. Bwaahaahhah.

Adi, I'm so happy you're trying it out. Slow and steady. The leg lifts don't have to be with straight legs. You can bend your knees in, then straighten your legs and lower. When I don't feel like I've worked my abs during the day then I think it's time to increase my reps.

Hope your found something fun to do on your day off, Kritter.

Tomorrow is a down day. My newest low is 155. I don't think I ever want to be above 156 ever again. Feels like I have momentum working for me now, 149 here I come.

Last edited by Dakini; 05-20-2013 at 10:01 PM..
Old 05-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

I had a super hungry UD yesterday and ate way over my calories BUT I was 136 this morning so that is the goal to have my UD bounces not over 136. Part of the state ahd terrible storms again last night but they missed us. We needed the rain though.
Spinning is kind of intersting. The room spins for quite awhile after I am still. But I can do it.
Dak - go for it. 149 is near. I never thought I would go below 140 but 136 here I am and I am thinking about inching down a little more so I can have some wiggle room.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am trying, Adi, but somehow I end up letting myself get waylaid. Had a good DD today, hopefully the scale will be kind in the morning.

What's been interesting is at 155 I'm actually smaller than I was at 152 in December. (I think it's those leg lifts) Yet, when I compare clothes from when I was 165 (a few years back) they fit perfectly. Getting old really changes your muscle composition. Wish I had found Juddd earlier!

I like starting the series with the spinning. It's very clearing, like I'm setting the stage for the practice. I wonder if it helps avoid vertigo? Anyway, glad you are still with it!

Last edited by Dakini; 05-23-2013 at 10:10 PM..
Old 05-24-2013, 04:29 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - I am thinking the spinning is helping with balance too. I am 136.0 this morning after an UD which involved a lot of Blue Bell ice cream. Gotta love a diet where you can lose and/or maintain eating delicious treats.
I have three more goats to clip for my show Saturday. I am taking chickens for the raffle. Two hens and then 6 to 8 2 month olds that I am pretty sure are girls.
DD today and I am going to do another HB egg day. I am really having good luck with those.Off to start chores.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Those hardboiled eggs days are good, I'm going to have to start doing those again.

Going off to Farmers Market, then DH is in a show this weekend, going to stop in and see if I can spell him for bit. Gorgeous day!
Old 05-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gorgeous day here too Dak! It's a perfect fall day. Breezy, cool, no humidity. I actually put the heat on earlier.

I'm going to try to commit to Atkins, again... I have baby back ribs cooking and I'm also making brussel sprouts with bacon. I'm trying to copy a recipe from a restaurant here in the city. I'm hoping the ribs will be good to have on hand when I need a snack or for an easy breakfast.

I went for a walk earlier but only went about 1/2 mile when I developed a really bad cramp in my calf. I came home and put icy hot on it, but so far it's not doing anything. I ate a banana too in case I'm low on potassium.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Berries are getting closer, maybe in a week or so... Last year I didn't cover them with bird netting, did not get a single berry...

Eggplants have the prettiest flowers

This guy convinced me I should wear shoes and not sandals in the garden
Old 05-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - Beautiful plants. I guess I should walk down the road and see if the wild berries have berries. I seem to always forget about them. I love eggplant plants but don't like eggplant to eat so never plant them. That sounds like a tongue twister. As long as I don't see a snake in the garden I am happy. Not a real fan of spiders but can tolerate them. Snakes no. Your pictures are beautiful.
Hope everyone has a great day. I have a zillion things to get accomplished.

Last edited by adillenal; 05-27-2013 at 05:38 AM..
Old 05-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Holy cow Dak, is that a tarantula? Pics are beautiful. I love the eggplants with the hill behind them.

Anyone doing anything fun for the holiday? We have no plans. I'm doing laundry and will make a salad for dinner.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, it was a tarantula. No more sandals for me in the garden. I got out the lawn mower and mowed today, I put the blades on LOW, I want to be able to see any creepy crawly that may be coming my way. I wish we had more snakes, they would take care of the gophers.

We had dinner with friends tonight, was nice. Didn't get as much done in the garden but was nice to go out.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

DH mowed all weekend and then weed eated too. Still not finished since he was way behind and we had some rains that made the grass grow.
The tomatoes I planted in the backyard are doing great. Tomatoes getting bigger everyday. Tomatoes have always done well in that bed. by the pool. The fence protects them from the wind and then shades them some in the afternoon. Just really didn't want a veggie garden there. Guess I have no choice.
I did well at my goat show. Or my goats did. Didn't win the big one but several Reserve Grands that I wasn't expecting. I have a beautiful little yearling LaManch milker that won reserve grand in both rings. She only kidded May 9 and is small. Both judges loved her. She got beat out for Grand by a 7 year old that was still up on her feet with a well attached udder. She deserved the win but if she had not been there my baby would have become a finished champion since she already has her dry leg. Next year for sure if I can keep her healthy.
My car would not start this morning so I put DS' boat battery charger on it and after about an hour it started. DH took it to Wal-Mart and there is nothing wrong with the battery but needed new terminals which got put on. I hate having a dead battery. Hope the new terminals take care of it.
Widgie's kitty took care of our gophers. Hope they don't move back in as she is getting older. Really need to find a kitten to raise in the barn since she stays on the patio most of the time. Or trying to trip me as I walk around the yard.
DD for me today after Saturday and Monday as UUAD with ice cream. Both Blue Bell and homemade. Yum but am up on the scale today. Had coffee for breakfast and I just realized I forgot to eat my HB egg and it is after 12. Off to eat my HB egg for lunch. I can have two since I skipped the breakfast one.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:43 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

I dropped 5.2 pounds overnight. Guess that proves I was retaining water.
Today is an UD. Have to go start my milking. It is taking 1 1/2 hours twice a day. Need to do something about that. Will rig up my milk machine when I get back from my next show to milk two at a time.
Hope everyone has a GREAT day.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:26 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Over 5 pounds over night? What do you think accounts for the drop?

Congratulations on your win, your little yearling sounds like a real winner. Those shows must be fun. Hope you get your car sorted out, I have a headlight that is out, I bought a bulb yesterday, but have to ask DH to install it for me.

Nice, I have a late morning today, don't have to start until 11. I need to buy more tubing for my drip system, I've planted more and am hand watering again.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

I am sure I was retaining 5 pounds of water. I am like a human sponge. All my car needed was a new battey terminal. I am in business again. That was a $5 fix rather than over $100 for a battery. YEA!!!
My little girl is on my website under does and then Senior Lamanchas. Her name is chocolate chip. whiteoakbenddairygoats.com And they are fun. They each have their own personality. I did not realize I named a lot of my kids this year after food. Must have been a DD.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I like that you name your goats after food. I've seen people name their pets after rock stars, chickens named Blondie, somehow food names work better.

Got some time in the garden when I got home today, I have to remind myself it's only May, I'm getting impatient wanting to start making dishes from the garden. I did harvest my garlic scapes, I had a few sauteed with one of my tomatoes, a little cheese and eggs this morning for breakfast.

How's your flock of hens doing? Do you collect eggs every day?
Old 05-30-2013, 03:33 AM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - I get fresh eggs every evening. When we get way too many we cook eggs for the dogs. if I don't sell enough at work. Which is usually at least once a week. I have eggs in the incubator again though. I have a goat friend that got wiped out of the chickens by a raccoon so I was hatching her some.
Goat show this weekend. I will go to work today but probably come home at noon. Lots to do to get ready,
Old 05-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, I love Chocolate Chip for a pet name! Have you used Buttercake? That's what my dad used to call my cat whose real name was Babycakes. He fit both names to a tee. He was sweet and he was such a baby

Yikes Dak, that looks scary! But they're not that poisonous are they? I guess snakes would eat a tarantula but I can't think of any other predators that would. Birds of prey? But I wouldn't want to walk on a snake or a tarantula!

I just got a book I'm excited about reading. It's called "Sworn to Silence". My hairstylist recommended it. It's about a woman who was raised Amish and leaves the community but then returns to be the chief of police. I love murder mysteries and especially love finding an author I haven't read before. Plus I like reading about other cultures so it should be interesting reading about the Amish.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Kritter - I am doing D names this years since the tattoo code for 2013 is D. I wanted to name one Dandy Lion and one Daffy Duck but always back out when I write the name on their application.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
ooo Krit, that book sounds good! Keep me posted on how it is!

Congrats to your goats adi, and to you!

I cant see the pictures Dak!

My tomatoes are growing.

Up 2 lbs last week, down 2 this week. Getting really sick of ww.

Went to the beach last weekend, met a former colleague of DH and his family, tight quarters. But it was nice. Sat at the pool and read a lot.

Krit, I am thinking of doing lc again too.

I have an 8k tomorrow night, I dont think I will do running at NIGHT in the heat. Yikes. 5 miles. Wish me luck
Closed Thread