Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 07:09 AM   #271
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
managed to get a hour sleep
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/194/150
WOE: low carb , pole walking and show shoeing
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011,restart Sept 1st
Hot and muggy here today, loving it after that long winter. Glad you get a nap Deb. Cheryl still away? Hope you had a fun weekend. Come back soon and tell us all about it. Karen I use to ride when I was young but havent much in years other then trail rides and thats just not as much fun. Lisa welcome , don't think we have met before but I am sure you will get the support you need here. Pat I am so enjoying the sunshine but its going to be short lived and get rainy and cooler tomorrow. So I live out in it when I can. Bugs arent here yet so its perfect. Lots of walking getting done!! Misty I wish it hadnt rained on your parade but sounds like you had a good time anyway. Laura working?? Deb you must be so excited about your weekend full of music ahead. DH and boys are headed out today on the train for the braces appointments and wont be back till Friday. This is weird for me to be along with just the dogs. My first thought was I will have popcorn for supper cus I am alone Then I told myself to be good and bought a yummy looking salad at work to have for supper with the Mexican Chicken I am going to cook for myself. See I can be left along and still behave Well sometimes. Have a great day girls!
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #273
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
O.M.Gosh! Summer has arrived here in PA. Whew...had to turn on the A/C. Gotta take DD to work and then BB to catch up. I spent some time reading thru the thread last nite Thx so much for the welcome backs
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #274
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Deb~U R prolly sleepless due to the anticipation of Seeing/hearing Kenny Boy in Concert! Would send U some Good Zzz if I had an over abundance of it! I woke up @ my usual witching hr...after 3a! Then, it's usually hr by hr after that.

Karen~Quack!

GJO~Get all the out in the Sun time that U can Grab! Good 4U on trying to B Good while alone!

Scale +1...Ho-hum. Took another day off from Yoga. I have a head cold thangy. Did take some Nyquil PM last night along w/my melatonin/magnesium/calcium aides to insure some Zzzz. Sorta worked.
Just taking it easy today. Might try to go for a walk in the Hood later.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #275
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Lisa~Yeah...heard it's supposed to get HOT up ur way!
Rbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #276
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbenz View Post
Deb~U R prolly sleepless due to the anticipation of Seeing/hearing Kenny Boy in Concert! .

I think so...or Mr Church

its one of the 2

and I just got back from the hair dressers and she straightened my hair...L/B loves it so I may have to maintain it.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #277
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes Pat! 90s next few days, but Im glad cuz we uncovered the pool last weekend and it needs to warm up...too chilly to enjoy yet SS ur sick. Feel better Still at the yoga I see...

Mel~ Goin to see Kenny??? You must be in heaven Why no sleep? Cant wait to hear more about this new plan u speak of.

Jo~ No we havent met yet...howdy do!!! I am gonna share a lil about myself for the few of ya I dont know and I look forward to getting to know y'all as well
Old 05-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #278
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post

and I just got back from the hair dressers and she straightened my hair...L/B loves it so I may have to maintain it.
OMGosh...you can have MINE! My hair is straight as a stick...always has been. Have NO idea where Emma got her curls??? DH likes mine curled so I have to use the hot rollers to get sex-ay LOL
Old 05-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #279
Big Yapper!!!!

Woohoo! My lil title went from "Blabbermouth" to "Big Yapper"!!! Someday I will make it to "Way too much time on my hands" Heck of a goal, hey? LOL
Old 05-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #280
Big Yapper!!!!

Lisa~ Then, U can be just like Deb! My hair used to be straight as a stick too...now, for some reason, I have wavy stuff going on?

Deb~Glad LB likey! Show us a pic. Who is Mr. Church?

CJ~Here's a pic of our treeless (burnt) area from our back deck.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #281
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok so heres some of my story:

I will be 44yo next week.

25th wedding anniversary to be shared with DH in August

We have 4 children Chris 24yo, Brittany, 21yo, Tim 18yo (graduating on the 6th and our lil SURPRISE Emmalee 8yo.

I am a SAHM and homeschool Emma.

LOVE animals...we currently have 5 kittehs and our newest addition, Misha a Russian Dwarf hamster.

Live in the suburbs/small town in PA for the last 20 years.

Hobbies include knit/crochet, scrapbooking, reading.

College degree in Science Lab Technology...never used but heck knowlege is never a bad thing.

Ok so now the stuff you REALLY wanna know...my WL story. See next post
Old 05-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #282
Big Yapper!!!!

I have been a member here since 2006. I was always a skinny @#$%^...ya know the one everyone in HS always hates cuz I could eat whatever I wanted and never exercise and be a size 2.

Well after having kids, that all changed. Over the years I would gain and leave 10 pounds+ on with each child. Eventually I was over 180 and on my 5'4 self that is NOT healthy

I found Atkins and was able to lose all the way down to 138 back in 2008. Then I started having tummy troubles and after a year of excruciating pain, mounds of tests etc I had GB surgery.

For a full 2 years I continued with mysterious pains that came and went with no explanation and as much as I wanted to eat LC I just couldnt do it. I ate whatever I could that caused the least amouint of distress. I am happy to say the a new doc was able to treat me for an ulcer and THAT part is MUCH improved.

However, last spring I developed a different kinda pain all over...knocked me for a loop, thought Id die, got a DX of Fibromyalgia This def did NOT help with weight issue. It hurt too much to exercise and honestly the mental part of it was the worst. I wallowed in self pity for a good while...too long prolly, but I think I needed to mourn the me that was and get used to this NEW me...not defective, just different.

Bottom line...I am ready to do what it takes now to get healthy again

I actually started back on plan May 19 at...get ready...199 and weighed in at 191 yesterday. LOOOOONG road ahead, but I have to start somewhere. I need everyone to keep me accountable. I will try to post menus, maybe not detailed, but at the very least a list of daily foods. When I get back into a good groove, Ill start using my favorite cal tracker website again

Last edited by scrappychik; 05-29-2013 at 12:17 PM..
Old 05-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #283
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
Woohoo! My lil title went from "Blabbermouth" to "Big Yapper"!!! Someday I will make it to "Way too much time on my hands" Heck of a goal, hey? LOL

Pat Eric Church is Kenny`s opening band...he is awesome !!!!!

well..........

ready for a new thread

Lisa your 44 next week..what day..and im 50 july 4th

we will party
Old 05-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #284
Big Yapper!!!!

I am really in the mood to create something. It's my "therapy". LOL I have a baby blankie I am almost finished crocheting, but ran out of yarn. Gotta order more online. Lately, I've been making outfits for Emmalee's AG doll.

I am attending an all day crop June 22nd, so I should prolly start gathering supplies and packing for that. For those of you who dont scrapbook, it is much harder to do while away from your studio. Cant decide what to bring and what can stay behind. I like having all my goodies at my fingertips, KWIM? BUT the trade off is being able to visit and create with others...always a fun time, and I need time to myself out of the house once in awhile
Old 05-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #285
Deb

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Joy Of Losing Together..JUNE
Old 05-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #286
Big Yapper!!!!

Mel! June 3rd...YES we will PARTY!!!

Last edited by scrappychik; 05-29-2013 at 01:23 PM..
Old 05-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #287
Big Yapper!!!!

Headed to new thread now ...
Old 05-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #288
Big Yapper!!!!

Lisa~Thx for the recap of ur past/recent History! SS about the Fibromyalgia DX! U sound like U R really wanting to Lose...so, here U Go!
Take what U need for ur crop! Sounds like Fun!
Old 05-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #289
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
I have been a member here since 2006. I was always a skinny @#$%^...ya know the one everyone in HS always hates cuz I could eat whatever I wanted and never exercise and be a size 2.

Well after having kids, that all changed. Over the years I would gain and leave 10 pounds+ on with each child. Eventually I was over 180 and on my 5'4 self that is NOT healthy

I found Atkins and was able to lose all the way down to 138 back in 2008. Then I started having tummy troubles and after a year of excruciating pain, mounds of tests etc I had GB surgery.

For a full 2 years I continued with mysterious pains that came and went with no explanation and as much as I wanted to eat LC I just couldnt do it. I ate whatever I could that caused the least amouint of distress. I am happy to say the a new doc was able to treat me for an ulcer and THAT part is MUCH improved.

However, last spring I developed a different kinda pain all over...knocked me for a loop, thought Id die, got a DX of Fibromyalgia This def did NOT help with weight issue. It hurt too much to exercise and honestly the mental part of it was the worst. I wallowed in self pity for a good while...too long prolly, but I think I needed to mourn the me that was and get used to this NEW me...not defective, just different.

Bottom line...I am ready to do what it takes now to get healthy again

I actually started back on plan May 19 at...get ready...199 and weighed in at 191 yesterday. LOOOOONG road ahead, but I have to start somewhere. I need everyone to keep me accountable. I will try to post menus, maybe not detailed, but at the very least a list of daily foods. When I get back into a good groove, Ill start using my favorite cal tracker website again

Probably lots of us have similar but varied versions of this story. And I know I still have weight that needs to go away, but I lose my motivation every now and again, and gain back about what I have lost.

Hope we can help you stay accountable, and maybe you can help me too.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #290
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey, Karen...We R all over on June Thread that Deb started up yesterday. See U over there!
Old 05-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #291
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah, c'mon over to the new thread, Karen!!!

Joy Of Losing Together..JUNE