Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/225/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Good morning all!

Scale is down a pound but still up. Day after weight workout might account for a bit of it. Oh well, must keep carrying on. DH has a gig tonight so we will be out late tonight. I will probably work on cleaning out kitchen cabinets today and then cleaning up the guest room since my bff will be here in three days!

Diane--yea! for paying rent! You are free. And even though you will see him and your ex-MIL you can just smile to yourself about how you survived them and are doing great! Glad that you will still be getting the rest of the child support that he owes you, will give you a little bit of a cushion. I take it that the back support is being taken from his check and given to you by the state (at least I hope so, since if it were up to him, I doubt he would comply). Did he finally pay the last rent payment at your old place?

Charlene--congrats on your DD passing all of her state exam. Have fun at your cookout today. Did you get your workout in?

Rachel--how's camping?

Hannah--how are you doing? Have you decided on the weight loss challenge yet?

What is everyone doing for the holiday weekend? Have a good day!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #122
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: momof2mms
Stats: 5'7" 256/233/160
WOE: Atkins/LCHF
Start Date: 3/19/2013 Restart
The scale is moving in the right direction again. 233.6 this morning! Finally! I think I've decided to to the weightloss challenge at work. At first it bothered me that other people would know my weight but I now think that it won't be such a big deal if I'm losing it. I think there are 5 of us that are going to participate. 2 of them are ordering Chinese food as I type. It starts Monday. I'll have a clean weekend to make sure I'm in ketosis!

Out of break time, I'll do personals later!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Hope you are having a good Sunday morning. Had an AWESOME gig last night but I am really paying for it. My leg was hurting so badly that I couldn't get to sleep and then woke up every hour. The keyboard player asked me how the band leader got me to do sound again. I told him that Rumors is like the mafia--just when you think you are free, they pull you back in! But he didn't make me an offer that I couldn't refuse. We have another gig on Thursday (private party) and then next Sunday a short gig at the SoCo Pride parade. I was going to go to the gym today. I got my new routine from my trainer but my leg is way too sore. Today is a rest day and then I'll go tomorrow.

Hannah--good for you on taking on the challenge. I think you will do great! What are you doing this weekend?

Charlene--fun in Texas today?

Diane--finished with the move yet?

Rachel--back home too soon from camping.

Have a great Sunday all!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

My leg/hip were really hurting yesterday. Had to take a lot of meds. Still sore today and now feeling very sluggish. I hope to hit the gym today. Dh and I rearranged the living room yesterday and I did a little spring cleaning. Weight is the same.

I'm starting to feel very lonely . . . :/
Old 05-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Morning!

Where is everyone? I seem to be talking to myself. My bff arrives today. I have a lot of stuff to get done before she gets here. I never got out of my jammies yesterday. It was cold and rainy and windy. I made a delish pork roast last night. Weight is pretty much the same today. No gym yesterday and probably not today. Still trying to get my leg to calm down. Its much better but I really hate taking those meds. Ruins the next day for me. I have a phone call in a few minutes about some consulting work.

Hope you are all doing well.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:48 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning! I had a fun filled weekend. Probably overindulged. I did not miss a workout though! Picked up my nephew to stay the weekend who is dd15's age and have been best friends since birth. We went to a friend's Saturday evening for a cookout, then Sunday, my sis and her husband came over and we had a fish fry and swam. Monday I worked a few hours and then relaxed the rest of the time. Work is winding down. I actually had my last full day of students yesterday and from here on out is just makeups for anyone I can catch.

DD15's last day was yesterday at 11:15. Lucky dog. She and a couple friends hung out a few hours and then she played her XBOX nonstop for over 5 hours. LOL DD12's last real day is today and then Thursday she goes to Six Flags with the band. I work another couple weeks, but pretty stress free - just a bunch of paperwork.

Beth - have fun with your bff! That sounds like a lot fun! Hope your leg feels better soon and you can get back to your workouts. I can't believeit's rainy and cold - it's been swimming pool weather here.

Hannah - yay on the scale moving in the right direction again. I haven't weighed, but I don't "feel" lighter - I can always tell when I'm losing and when I'm not.

Rachel and Diane - hope all is well!
Old 05-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #127
Junior LCF Member

Hey hey hey!

The weight loss challenge at work officially started yesterday. TOM is here so I'm up 3 lbs. Ugh! I have 24 pounds to loose. I weighed in at 235.6, which was rounded to 236. 10% is 23.6, which was rounded up to 24. I have the most to loose. The person closest to me has to loose 20 pounds, next is 17 then 15. We aren't sure about 1 person who is on jury duty. Here's to super clean eating!!! Next weigh in is Saturday.

Saturday we went to the local stock car race. DS is now at the age where his life revolves around cars, trains, dinosaurs etc. so he had a blast. Sunday we went swimming at my brother in laws and sister in laws house. They were supposed to grill hamburgers and hotdogs so I figured I could eat that without the buns. They ordered pizza instead. I hadn't eaten all day so I ate 2 slices. Oh well, it didn't effect the scale to much, I was already bloated from TOM.

Beth: I hope you start to feel better soon! Have a great time with the BFF!

Charlene: Horray for kids getting out of school! My DD last day was last Friday. I'm enjoying sleeping in a little bit later in the mornings.

Rachel & Diane: How are y'all?

Here's my Facebook if anyone wants to add me.

https://m.facebook.com/#!/hannah.uri...ser=1304991958

I'm on my iPad so that posted as mobile. Maybe remove the ( m ) in the address for a regular computer?
Old 05-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #128
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Just a quick check in... still so busy, and no not totally done with the old place! I couldn't bring myself to go there again until tonight. I wanted to get more things gone through and put away before I brought more over to the new place.

Strange thing.. my ex called me two days in a row.. and was NICE. Scary. It's always suspicious when he is that nice. The first call he asked me why I wasn't freaking out about getting the rent money (I haven't said anything since he didn't answer my text about it). I said "Because I have learned that you won't answer me about it anyway"... He said he has a cashiers check for last months, he is supposed to mail to me. One way or another I will be completely done and out of the old place by the end of the weekend. Oh, today my ex called just to tell me he had contacted an old friend (that I never met) of his and told me all the bands this guy manages (like I was sooooo impressed) Weird...

My weight is still way way up... I am trying to do better. I'll get there! Got to get some sleep. I'll try to write more tomorrow.........................
Old 05-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Having a nice time with BFF. Yesterday we took care of my goddaughter for a few hours. She was much more awake and alert this time. And only slept for a 1/2 hour. I have some wonderful pictures of her and her with dh. He was so enjoying playing with her. She loved to look at the ceiling and out the window. Today I have a friend coming over for a few hours so I can help her out on a sewing project. There is also a gig tonight. Fairly short one though, 7:15-9. Will be home before 10. Went to the gym yesterday and did my new routine for the first time. I'm not in pain (yet) and I didn't try to overdo it. We'll see how I feel later today. Only 168 squats/lunges (but either with added weight or different motion). And I did 18 pikes on the ball (3 sets of 6). Its weird because if I go up to much I feel like I'm going to sommersault over my head. I def have the upper body strength to do it though. Ab strength we're working on. And my leg has now calmed down. Of course that would be because I called the dr. yesterday about going on prednisone to calm it down. I have to pick up the prescription today.

Hannah--I sent you a friend request on FB. I had to use ipad to use the link, it wouldn't work on my laptop even removing the m in the address. Sounds like a fun weekend. I'm sure you'll do great on the weigh-in. I'm not going to focus too much on my eating with bff here and going to Chicago next week. I'm thinking that the reason the scale has not been kind is that I've been drinking way too much diet soda. When I was working on this early in the year I was limiting myself to 1 coke zero a day. Gotta wean myself off of it to get the scale moving.

Charlene--bet you will be glad to be done for the summer. WTG on not missing any workout.

Diane--almost all moved in your new place and your ex still hasn't paid the rent for the month on the old place. Seems he was hoping that he wouldn't have to - and he was always trying to get a reaction out of you. It so ruins the game when you won't play . . .

Rachel--what's up with you?

Have a good day today.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #130
Junior LCF Member

I got in a good arm workout last night. Tonight I'm going to concentrate on abs/core. I just hopped on the scale at work and I'm down to 233, which was my pre TOM weight. I forgot my lunch at home. I'm so glad I had a packet of tuna in my locker at work! I'm taking 2 days off from work next week for a mini vacay. My inlaws are getting a condo at the beach and I'm nervous about food temptations while I'm there.

Beth: I accepted your friend request. Your goddaughter is precious!

More later...
Old 05-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #131
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Hi everyone... I did better today with eating, and tomorrow I plan to do step class. It really stinks not being able to go on W or Th. Feels like years in between the days I actually go! Weight is down slightly. I have been drinking a lot of water at work, partly since that is all there is to drink basically, but that is a good thing!

I took the "new kids" to a park over by their house that I had never been to.. very nice park. We walked on the trail, which was paved, but very woodsy, and a creek that ran along the path.. we heard woodpeckers in the trees, we saw birds, a squirrel, fish, and a SNAKE! It was a smallish snake in the creek and it was swimming AWAY from us thank goodness! These kids freak out about any little bug, so I thought they would REALLY freak about the snake, but I said, "Oh LOOK! Look at the little snake!" like it was a good thing.. yes, enjoying nature.. and ALL of it's creatures! LOL! On the inside I was like BLECHHHH! Wanted to run for the hills! I tend to stay calm in "stressful" situations when kids are around.

My DD's tire blew out on the freeway today! She is very lucky.. she said she almost got hit! Thank goodness she is ok!

Charlene: You are still inspiring with those workouts! I hate feeling like a weak blob! I want so much to get back to where I was! I know I will, it's just taking forever!

Hannah: I sent you a friend request!

Beth: That baby is so adorable and beautiful! .... yes, I agree; he was always trying to get a reaction from me.. go figure. I don't think he liked it much when I stopped responding to his drama texts and messages too So, what, now he thinks we are going to be friends or something? I don't have the energy to be enemies, and it's better for the kids that we get along.. I actually wonder if that is possible.. perhaps, now that he CAN'T cause drama and stress the way he always has.. and I have the freedom to tell him what's what if I choose, things can be different. Don't get me wrong, I will NEVER trust him.. ALWAYS be on guard.

Rachel: hi
Old 05-31-2013, 09:25 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Its the last day of the month. Tomorrow I will post a new thread for June. Had a gig last night which I did not enjoy. The room created so much reverb that there was little I could do to make it sound better. My head was pounding by the end of the night but at least it was a fairly short gig. Will probably hit the gym today for my other new routine. At least there won't be any pikes in this one. The weather is starting to warm up here for the next few days.

Diane--what a good nanny you are. As my mother used to say, "the snake is more afraid of you than you are of it." Nature is a good thing and its cool to see the kids experience the wonder. Yea, an watchful truce is always better for the kids. He is still their dad. My mom, after the first year or so after the divorce, never really said anything bad about my dad around me. She respected that he was my dad and I still loved him. When I got married I told her that I wanted him there and she told me that it was my day and she would be supportive. And she was a class act that day. But they never communicated at all after the divorce was finished and done with. Once you are all settled you'll be able to get back on track.

Hannah--WTG on losing the first 3 pounds. You are 10% of the way to your goal! Have fun on your mini vacay. You'll do fine, but I do hate those temptations. But you have a goal!

Charlene--how the heck you doing girl?

Rachel--have we lost you? Come back Rachel, come baaaaccccckkkkk . . . . .

Must get a few things done today. Have a good one.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #133
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/132/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Evening slimmers!

Sorry I have been MIA for awhile. Last weekend we went camping and this week I have been sick.

Scale was at 130 this morning but TOM is here so I am nit stressing over that # yet. Just finished my 1st 5K this year with a time of 38 minutes. It was a glow in the dark 5K so that was cool. The last 5K I did in December my time was 47 minutes. I am doing another 5K next Saturday and I am hoping for 37 minutes.

Beth: are you going to Chicago soon?

Diane: so glad your DD is ok!

Hannah: the beach for a few days sounds fun!

Charlene: sounds like you had a good memorial weekend!
Old 05-31-2013, 09:28 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Check out the new thread--Slimmer by Summer--June Edition.
Closed Thread