Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/127/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Just a quick post. I think my scale has gone crazy!!! Scale was at 179 this morning. Lol

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/224/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Good morning all!

Not feeling quite myself today. The scale was back down the 1 pound but I have a sinus/migraine headache today and believe it or not TOM! Again, WT? I think it may be time to titre down on my HRT, perhaps this a sign. I've been so diligent about taking my HRT lately (which wasn't always the case) that my body may be a bit confused. We had a lovely evening with my oldest nephew who just finished his freshman year of college. Rachel--I had to laugh when he said he had all of these extra clothes that he didn't know where they came from. I thought of you bringing home DD's clothes. The shish kabob was fabulous, as was everything else. I'm supposed to go the gym today but I am going to see what happens with this headache. If it goes away then I will, otherwise, perhaps not. I made my travel arrangments to Chicago, and I'm going to Orange County on Tuesday for another interview. I'm starting to feel like I'm going to run out of time to get everything done before I head back to work.

Hannah--sorry to hear that you got that stomach bug. Take good care of yourself and be sure to pound that water because you are no doubt dehydrated.

Rachel--if you have an electronic scale you probably want to change the batteries. If it isn't, then it is possessed! I bet that was quite the shock.

Diane--how are you doing today? Hopefully you can catch some rest this weekend and finish your move. So how does FREEDOM feel?

Charlene--how ya doing today? Are your sit muscles screaming?

Have a great day all!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Home for lunch again. Can't seem to get on in the mornings right now. This morning after my workout, I got dd15 up early to curl her hair. We have my nephew's wedding tonight and that will save us time this afternoon. I am picking them up in an hour. ...I am about to go get myself ready so I can concentrate on them. It's a 2 hour drive so we will leave shortly before 3:00.

Beth - glad you made it to the gym. How exciting you will get to see your bff for two weeks! Do you have to prepare anything for your interview?

Hannah - UGH! So sorry you got the virus. Sure hope things get better soon around your house.

Diane - how are you today?

Rachel - that's funny! Time for a new battery?

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!

Last edited by sports_mom; 05-17-2013 at 10:09 AM..
Old 05-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Boo on another migraine. No gym today or much of anything else. I tortured the dog by taking her for a bath and cleaning her ears and brushing her teeth. The only thing I didn't do is cut her nails, I'm working on doing that every Wednesday and am working on getting her used to having me handle her feet by giving her a treat after I hold each toe. She looks so pretty now.

Charlene--have fun at the wedding! Love the pix, you look great!
Old 05-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! The wedding was great. Short and sweet - the way I like it. hehehe It was kind of outdoors - in a covered venue though and the wind blew enough to make it not too hot. The reception was cool and dh and I danced a little. We went ahead and came home last night even though it was late just because I like to sleep in my own bed. About to do my workout, then swim, and later go out to eat with friends. It's a beautiful day!

Beth - sorry about your migraine again. Hope today is better.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

The scale was the same this morning which is surprising since I ate really badly yesterday! I was hungry and craving a lot of bad stuff. I'm hoping the headache doesn't come back, but it might be. We have a massage scheduled for today and I am planning on going to the gym this morning before the gym. That way the only thing on the agenda tomorrow is the farmers market.

Charlene--have a good workout today? What are you planning?

Rachel--do you have pool weather today?

Hannah--how are you feeling?

Diane--hope you got some sleep last night and are getting settled.

Have a good one!
Old 05-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Made it to the gym today and had a good strong workout. But I must say that sometimes the behavior of people at the gym confounds me. So I'm there, have my little space for the three exercise super sets that I'm doing. I'm just starting in to my set where I do alternating one arm bicep curls into an overhead press all while standing on one foot. I'm not always really "stable" doing this one. About 2 feet away from me is the bin where they keep push-up handles and roll-out wheels. So this guy has been in near me chatting up a another person for a while. Just as I start my set he walks up to get into the box, waaaay too close to me. So I stop and step back until he's done, and I look down at the floor (I'm really pissed off--its not like the gym was crowded or he was in a big hurry to start or anything). I have my ipod in very loud so I can't hear anything. Then he comes and stands next to me to talk to me and I just ignore him and go back into my routine. So what he wants is for me to stop my workout, put down my weights and take out my ear buds to listen to him say who knows what. He gets an attitude because I'm ignoring him (I don't have a clue what he's saying because I have my music on and I can just barely seem him out of my peripheral vision.) Seriously? He couldn't wait a minute or two for me to finish. If I had not stopped and lost my balance I could have easily hit him in the head with a 15 pound weight. I stopped for his safety and mine and the jerk could clearly see I was in the middle of something. OK, rant over.

Had a great massage this afternoon too!
Old 05-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #98
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: momof2mms
Stats: 5'7" 256/233/160
WOE: Atkins/LCHF
Start Date: 3/19/2013 Restart
I'm finally feeling better. Having a stomach bug twice in 1 month I think has messed up my metabolism. I keep gaining and losing the same 2-3 pounds all month. I'm going to keep on track with eating and kick the workouts up a notch and hope I can get over this hump.

Beth: at your gum story. I'm can imagine how irritated you were!

Rachel: Is your scale behaving today?

Charlene: Weddings are so happy! I'm glad you had a good time.

Diane: You sound exhausted. I hope you can get some much needed R&R!
Old 05-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
It feels good to post again on here.. it's something from my normal routine! I am making progress on the old place.. but the kids rooms still have so much stuff! I don't know when or how my DS20 will be able to get his things.. he was just diagnosed with mono.. he was so sick he went to the ER (after being misdiagnosed with tonsillitis at a clinic).

My oldest DS27 has been staying with me this week (in addition to the one (DS22) that has been already).. but he has been helping me move. It's funny how it works out.. my son that has been staying with me and sleeping on the couch, now sleeps on a twin mattress in one corner of the living room (but you can't see it unless you walk to the end of the room and look behind the loveseat) Somehow it works! It's temporary until he gets back on his feet.. and my oldest DS has been sleeping on the couch. Strangely, it doesn't feel that crowded for a one bedroom! I am doing pretty good finding a place for everything.

The only downside to this place is the garbage... it's hilarious! There are no dumpsters in the whole community! There is one GINORMOUS trash compacter that everyone takes their garbage to.. weird! I've never seen anything like it! I haven't actually gone and used it yet, but it's kind of a hassle to have to walk or drive your garbage a block away to get rid of it! (I saw one guy driving by with his garbage on the hood of his car!) Other than that everything is great! The air conditioning stopped working, so it is 10 degrees hotter than where I have it set.. I went to buy a fan at midnight last night so I could sleep! I can NOT sleep if I'm too hot! They are coming to fix it Monday thank goodness! It worked great until yesterday.

I DID go to step class this morning, but I hate doing it when my weight is up so high.. I feel more self conscious and more aware of my floppy abs. Eating has been BETTER but not back to where I was before the move.

Beth: Lol! I haven't had a spare moment to stop and thing about how freedom feels yet! I guess, I don't feel totally free until he pays the rent on the old place.. I know he got paid yesterday, but of course HE doesn't contact ME about it.. I will, as usual, have to ask him about it.

Charlene: I agree with Beth abt. the pics you posted! You DO look great!

Rachel: Wow! What the heck did you eat! 179!

Hannah: I hope you are feeling better!
Old 05-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

By some miracle the scale dropped by about 3.5 lbs since yesterday! I wasn't even that good! (I had Coke (first time in weeks).. and a few other no no's)... I had been hanging around the 197-199 range, but this morning I was 195.2. Whew. My moving day weight a week ago was 193.4, so I'm only up a couple lbs now. Better than 6!

I decided I needed to sleep in this morning, but if I woke up in time and felt good to go, I would have gone to step class. I woke up feeling druggy tired, but I feel fine now. I sleep SO much better in this place! It's quieter for one thing.. this morning I could hear church bells from up the street - I like that! (better than that dang bird! I think he was a mockingbird, but I'm not sure. Maybe it's also knowing that my rent is paid here LOL! I sent my ex a text this morning (since of COURSE I hadn't heard from him yet) asking about LAST months rent... it shows he read it an hour ago, but as usual, no response. I'm sure I'll have to ask him again.

I[ll check back in later... I'm going to head to Starbucks for my frapp.. then back to the old place to clean and bring more stuff over.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I'm really tired today and didn't sleep all that well last night, which is weird since I worked out AND had a massage. Usually that will do me in. DH and I went to the farmers market this morning and got tomatoes, strawberries, nectarines and squash. I'm meeting a friend for coffee at noon. I might take a nap before then. My body is sore from working out and the massage too. The scale was up 1/2 pound today, so considering that it was the day after a workout, that's better than a pound like last time. The weather is warming up for a few days--upper 80s.

Diane--so good to hear from you. Glad you are getting some rest. And I'm so happy you are loving your new place. Your poor DS with mono! All of the kids come back to the nest. By the end of the month you will be all moved, all settled and firmly back into your routine.

Hannah--glad you are feeling better. A stomach bug twice in one month just isn't even fair. No doubt you too will get back in the groove and the scale will show it!

Rachel--how is that scale treating you today? Ready for the pool?

Charlene--what's up with you?

Time for a quick snooze methinks.

Have a great day!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:09 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Busy and fun weekend! Saturday, the girls and I swam and stayed by the pool for a while and then dh and I went jeep riding with our friends - back roads to our favorite restaurant. Then, we back roads back and weren't ready to stop so we drove to a quaint little bar in the middle of nowhere and were the only people there. We played pool and then dh and I tried to teach our friends how to play 42, but that was a bust. lol The kids had friends over swimming and had a blast.

Then yesterday, I pulled weeds and floated in the pool some more. dd15 had her usual group over - I swear they think I'm their mama too, so dh and I splurged and cooked steaks on the grill, corn on the cob, baked potates and beans. I had steak and salad. So, my dinner table was surrounded by teens while dh and I had a peaceful dinner in the living room. Fun stuff. Because dd15 had so much fun with her friends, she put off a project that is due today and now wants me to wake her up at 5:45. Poor kid. Oh, well, I am not even worried. They have these two weeks of school and they are done!

Beth - that was awkward about the gym rat. How rude. I don't miss that part of working out at the gym. Glad you got in a good workout.

Diane - good to see you on here. Sounds like things are coming along. Sure hope you can get the old place in order and be done - I remember how great that feels to finally be done with the place you move out of. Glad your kids all have a place to stay. .

Hannah - glad you're over the stomach bug and hopefully you can get back to a normal routine.

Rachel - How was your weekend?

Hope you all have a great Monday!! About to go workout.

Last edited by sports_mom; 05-20-2013 at 02:10 AM..
Old 05-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Scale down JUST a hair this morning to 195. I did not go to step class this morning because I wanted to be here when the maintenance guys came to fix the air conditioner. Today is my day off and I am enjoying it!

My DS22 that has been staying with me after fleeing his dad's house last fall started working today for a friend of mine doing deck work (my youngest son worked for him for a while and it did not go well because of the drama and negativity my friend causes.. long story).. I was hesitant to have DS22 work for him, but he really really needs the money so he can get his car fixed and get back on his feet and eventually get his own place again! My oldest DS27 isn't actually living here, he has an apartment, but he gets really lonely there, and to be honest, I don't think he has any food or money right now.. I gave him some for gas to get to work and have been buying food he can eat while he is here. A week ago I was SUPER worried about him.. he has horrible insomnia and hadn't slept in a few days! I thought he was on drugs or something! So, after sleeping here for a week, eating here, and getting some decent sleep (and taking vitamins I gave him) he looks SOOOO much better!

Well, I think I'm going to mosey on over and get me a nice mocha frapp.. I COULD go over to the old place and work on it.. but I think I'll wait until later and just enjoy some down time.. or is it me time? DD is going to meet me there tonight and get her stuff.

Charlene: Ohhh I do miss having my own pool sometimes! I used to LOVE to just float on a raft for hours.. few things are as relaxing as that! There is a nice pool here, but there are so many kids that live here I'm afraid it is going to always be pretty crowded! I can already tell though, that this is a GREAT community!

Beth: Yep.. all the boys have come back to the next one time or another.. I think my oldest DS was also a little jealous of my DS22 staying here, so I gave him some extra "Momming" while he was here. ... ha! That guy at the gym.. gym guys are a strange breed! Not all of them, but a lot of them!

Hannah: So glad you are feeling better! I have been having some on again off again stomach buggy type thing the past week. Not sure what that's about.

Rachel: Hi! What are you up to this week?
Old 05-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

The scale is the same, up 1/2 pound from siggie. But I was not good about eating yesterday. Much to accomplish today, gym, chiropractor and mani/pedi. Tomorrow I fly to southern CA for an interview. I am so not looking forward to getting on a plane. I spent 3 years traveling every week and I've still not recovered. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night with hiccups. The only thing I know that works to get rid of them is to eat a spoonful of sugar. It tricks the vagus nerve to think about something else rather than the hiccups. It always works for me. It is hot today, high 87 expected then it will cool down for the rest of the week to highs in the lower 70s.

Charlene--sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

Rachel--how was your weekend.

Hannah--how are you feeling now.

Diane--almost completely done with the move?

Stuff to get done. Have a great day all!
Old 05-21-2013, 03:47 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. Did the weight training portion of my workout but skipped the cardio - may try to squeeze that in later. It's trash day. I have dishes to unload. So much to do this morning, so I will make this short.

Beth - good luck on your interview and hope you have a great flight.

Diane - hope you enjoyed your day off.

Hannah and Rachel - hiya!

Have a great day!
Old 05-22-2013, 05:38 AM   #106
Junior LCF Member

The scale is at 235.4 this morning! It's down from 235.8 from yesterday despite all of the watermelon I ate yesterday. DS and I are planning to go to the park today so he can ride his bike and I can walk the dogs. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:03 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. Got in a good workout - chest and shoulders plus 30 minutes of 30 sec. on/off sprints. I dozed a few times yesterday afternoon so when it was time to sleep, I couldn't. I ended up on the couch and did finally fall asleep there. Headed to work. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Yesterday the scale was down 2 pounds, today it is up 4! I know I ate very badly yesterday and air travel can really throw a body off. It was a long day yesterday. I used to do that flying thing every single week, on a plane 2-4 days a week. It is exhausting. I'm not sure I want to get back on that treadmill again. It was a good day/interview. Still exploring this, I think it will take a while to actually come to fruition and hopefully something else will work out. Not sure this is the right job for me, but if it is my only option, I'm up for the challenge. Many errands today and MUST go to gym. And drink water--lots of water. Not enough yesterday. It has gotten downright chilly here! High of 70, but it is windy and cold right now. The heat is on! Global warming my foot! We've had two cold years, not warm ones.

Charlene--how are you doing today. You're rocking those workouts! How much longer before you are out of school?

Hannah--glad your' feeling better. The scale is going in the right direction, even if it isn't fast enough!

Rachel--how's cooper doing? Sounds like he had a break-through seizure. He just doesn't deserve that. I've been working with Zora to desensitize her to having her nails cut. She is making progress. I have her carry the clippers around her mouth (she always is such a helpful girl) and I give her a treat after each toe. She seems to have a challenge with her ears, but as dh said, I'd rather have to deal with her ears than seizures. It was so difficult to always be on alert to Kona!

Diane--Where are you? Get back on here! Hopefully you are getting settled into your new place. We miss you.

Have a good day all!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Made it to the gym today and really struggled with my workout. No cardio. And I came home feeling like a wet noodle. I can barely function. And I went to the chiropractor and my leg hurts ALOT! I'm going to have to take something to knock back the pain. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Hope you are all doing well.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Hello! Hello? Heeellllllooooo . . .

anybody out there? Feeling very sore today both from my workout (can you say 270 squats) and my adjustment. I was wondering why I was stuggling so with one exercise and then realized I was using about 5 pounds more than I usually do. So 3 sets of 10 reps at 50 pounds vs my goal of 3 sets of 15 reps at 45 (but it might have been 35) is pretty darn good. I'm gonna hang around the house and do chores today. Getting ready to start making pulled pork for dinner tonight. Its sunny but cool again. Strange weather. We're not supposed to warm up until next week.

Have a good day all!

Beth
Old 05-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Home for lunch. How is everyone? After that good workout yesterday morning, dd15's friends were over in the evening and didn't have enough to make 2 teams for a basketball game at the park, so dd15 volunteered me. I was a hooper as a youngster, but it's been awhile. Let's just say, I schooled those young'uns on 3 pointers. LOL DD15 said at one point, "Quit showing me up." Made me feel good. But, I hit the court once and worried about twisting my knee and I actually felt a slight pull in my butt. hehehe. Sore today but went ahead and did my leg workout this morning.

Beth - you are rocking those workouts. Good job on the weight training weight increase. It's going to be 91 here today with a heat index of 97. Pool here I come after work. I have to work until the 11th or 12th. I will be finishing off the last two days at a workshop, so that will be good. Glad you made it back safely from your trip. Did they say when you might know something about the job?

Diane, Rachel and Hannah - hope you are doing well!

Have a great day!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

Weight back up and TOM is visiting - only 4 days late this time, but barely there.. being weird on me again!

The new job is going well. I think I had mentioned some of the things the little girl has been saying "Im going to tell mommy and daddy you were bad to us!" (because I didn't take her out to lunch), and "We are getting a new babysitter..." "I want to take your picture because we are getting a new babysitter..." etc.. she said that several times, so the last time I asked her why she says that, and she said she didn't know.. earlier that day she had mentioned that she didn't want the last babysitter to go. I asked her if she was afraid I wasn't going to stay, and she immediately said yes! I told her not to worry about that, that I'm not going anywhere. She actually looked relieved and since then she hasn't said anything like that again.. and today she said again how she loves me and doesn't want me to leave. Every week seems to get better.

I'm hanging at 198 the past two days.. UGH UGH UGH!!! Step class is tomorrow, but I am SO not feeling it. I haven't been to the gym since last Friday (or maybe Saturday, I don't remember). My eating the past few days has been bad and good.. a mixture of both! ..but I have done a lot better today, so hopefully that helps me feel like class in the morning. I have GOT to get back in my normal routine.. or at least the part of it I can still do! (due to my new schedule). I guess with the job, the move, and everything I am still adjusting, but that's no excuse to eat so badly!

Charlene: Thats awesome that you played b-ball with the girls! You go!

Beth: That's a LOT of squats! We do a lot sometimes in class, but I don't think we do that many! whew! My booty would be screaming at me! Is your leg feeling better?

Hannah: Hey, any loss is still a loss!

Rachel: Hi!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #113
Junior LCF Member

I got to work this morning and walked into a conversation about several people wanting to start up a weight loss challenge. I'm on the fence about if I want to do it or not. It might just be the push I need but I don't want everyone to know my weight. Each person participating would put up money ( I think $20 each ) and the 1st person to loose 10% of their body weight would win the pot. I would have to loose 23.5 lbs. I'm by far the heaviest. Everyone else would have to loose less. I don't see how that's fair. It starts Monday, Should I do it? What do y'all think?

Beth: Squats hurt. I feel for you!

Charlene: Basketball is so much fun and can be a good workout, too!

Diane: Awe. The little girl is afraid to loose you! So sweet!

Rachel: Hey!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. It's our annual year end office luncheon today, and I am home making rocky road ice cream for it. lol So I thought I'd post real quick while I'm waiting.

I got in my back, biceps and ab workout this morning. I didn't do the cardio because I needed to bake cookies for the dds' lunches.

Hannah - I joined the weight loss challenge at my work once and to make it fair for everyone, the person with the highest percentage of weight loss won. (that's the only way it can be fair - but if they do the other way - you've would have an advantage!) It was me that year and I bought a pair of shoes with my winnings.

Diane - that was so sweet about your new little girl. Bless her heart - she's probably torn up inside with worry. Hope you can get back on track with the weight loss. You've done it before - we know you can get this thing going in the other direction.

Beth & Rachel - hiya!!! Hope all is well.

Have a great day!
Old 05-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I meet with my trainer this morning but I do have a bit of a headache. At least my body isn't screaming at me today like it did yesterday! Also going to the chiropractor and then having coffee with my goddaughter and her mom. DH has a gig tomorrow night (and I'm doing sound again). The scale is still way up, clearly I haven't been drinking enough water.

Hannah--As for the weight loss challenge, % of body weight is the most fair, its not just the # of pounds. And it will probably still give you the advange anyway. That's how they do it on the Biggest Loser. It does help one get focused, but I, like you, wouldn't want people to know my weight-its just too personal.

Diane--you're such a good nanny, you know how to calm the little girls fears. Sweet. Yes, you are adjusting. Everything about your life has changed, work, school, home. Its not a surprise that you're struggling just a tiny little bit.

Charlene--seriously, you're making rocky road ice cream? You are amazing! I love that you were playing bball with the kids. A few years ago you couldn't do that. And a wicked 3 point shot to boot! Ha!

Hi Rachel--hope you are enjoying camping this weekend. Its really cold here too! On Monday the high is supposed to be 62! YIKES!

Must go get ready to head to the gym. I also got a request to do some consulting for another firm. Hopefully will connect with them soon. Have a good day all!
Old 05-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

I made it to the gym and met with my trainer. and of course he has changed it up to make it HARDER! Now I 'm going to have to do pikes on the ball! I was actually amazed that I could do them, even if it wasn't at full extension. Gotta run to the chiropractor. BBL.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

Whew! Tired! I was NOT liking this cleaning job today at Peter's... way too much clutter to clean around today. I picked up a small job on Mondays starting next week, and as much as I hate cleaning LOL between the two it's 700 more per month on top of the nanny job... can't complain about that really. It was just frustrating today.. makes it feel chaotic.

I was 197 this morning. Went to the gym but not to work out! That WAS the plan, but my workout buddy needed my help. Her son was hand picked to try out for the Biggest Loser!!! The lady saw him in a bar here, talked to him for over an hour and wants him to make a video about his life. My friend needed to record a few minutes talking about him, and he thought the gym would be a good place. As skinny and fit as she is, you would never guess her son is so huge. Nice kid.. very smart.. I really hope he gets picked for the show!! How cool would that be to know someone on there!

My plans for this weekend are to FINISH moving and cleaning the old place.. work on unpacking more at the new place.. help my DD with graduation announcements and party invitations, and start planning the party. Sunday I am hanging out at a friends house for a cookout, pool (maybe), and Cards Against Humanity again. Monday I clean my friends house even though it is a holiday, I want the money! Oh yes, and I hope to get to the gym as well!

Um... so, those of you who are my facebook friends may have seen the post about "letting go of a dream"... that was about Curt. I was sitting at work the other day while the kids were sleeping, and I thought about how long it's been since I've seen him. Anyway, that is what the post was about. So guess who comments? Yeah.. he said, "What? Never let go".................. I don't think he knows what I was referring to, otherwise he probably wouldn't have said that. Kind of ironic huh?

Well I am sitting down too long and my motivation for doing anything more tonight is dwindling quickly! I better get up and move!

Hannah: I think you should do it! What have you got to lose besides weight? (and maybe 20 bucks)

Charlene: MAKING ice cream? wow!

Beth: Darn those trainers making things harder! What is a pike?

Rachel: Whats up?
Old 05-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Diane--I saw your FB post and figured that was what you were talking about. It is ironic that Curt would post on it. Is he clueless or what? You gotta be feeling good about the extra $! A pike is done on a stability ball, feet on the ball, hands in push up position, then you raise your hips toward the ceiling so that your body is in an inverted V. Good ab workout. He also changed the ball roll-outs (great for abs) (kneeling on floor with elbows on the ball, roll forward to stretch out with weight on knees and forearms on ball, and then back.) Looks easy, is easy, but really works the core. My new roll-outs have me kneeling on a bosu and then rolling out. The new routines will definitely be more challenging. But in a good way.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:50 AM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

I did get a lot accomplished at my new place last night, despite being tired... got a lot of things put away and organized.. or thrown away. I had Subway last night late, and woke up with sausage fingers.. so puffy! Scale was back up to 198.6. I am going to step class this morning, then more old place / new place stuff...

It's funny... I'm almost excited to pay my OWN rent on the 1st! It should be interesting to see the ex at DD's graduation and party knowing he hasn't paid anything for these past two months. OMG.. I'll have to see my ex MIL too.. that's just as bad! I got noticed from child support that it will stop on the day she graduates, but I will still get the same amount for about 3 months until he is caught up. He was all worried about it... I made sure it was taken care of, and yet he couldn't even answer me about the rent money.. so typical!

Beth: Ohhhh yeah, I have done pikes before.. I knew it sounded familiar, but couldn't remember what it was. ......... So if he chats me on facebook and asked what dream I was talking about, I don't know if I'm going to tell him that HE was the dream, or just say "Oh, it doesn't matter" He will probably forget about it by then.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:17 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. This afternoon we are going to a friend's house for a cookout. I need to get in my workout room and get my exercise done now before I talk myself out of it. I did a slight binge last night - had some chips and a couple of my cookies. Not sure why. I didn't weigh so not sure what it did. I hate when I do that. My dd15 passed all her state tests and so is exempt from all her exams. Now, instead of getting out of school on Thursday, she gets out at noon on Tuesday.

Diane - I was wondering about the post. That is so ironic that he posted to it! Wow on the extra money! Good for you! That has to be a good feeling to have a little breathing room financially. Just take care of yourself and don't get too worn out. That's a lot of work.

Beth - I like the sound of those exercises. I've done forms of those but not those exact ones. I may try them this morning.

Hannah - what did you decide about the weight loss challenge? Is everyone well at your house now?

Rachel - I guess I missed the part where you were going camping. Hope you're having fun!

Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend.
Closed Thread