Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/241.5/234 by 7/21/14
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Diane. I knew it would work out. Exciting time for you! Have fun with Meadow!

I made it to the gym and had a good work out. I'm also starting to feel a bit of a detox headache coming on. Boo!

Welcome weekend!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: momof2mms
Stats: 5'7" 256/233/160
WOE: Atkins/LCHF
Start Date: 3/19/2013 Restart
It's Friday. I forgot to weight this morning so I have no idea where I'm at. I'll defiantly remember in the morning.

Diane: YAY! I'm so happy for you!!! I was hoping it would all work out. Now I hope for a smooth and stress free move! Have a good time with Meadow!

Beth: Yep, I made it to the gym yesterday and today. I just got home as a matter of fact. Yesterday I was tired and didn't have much energy so I did very little cardio and more of the weight machines. Today I did more cardio and less weights. I hope your detox headache feels better, those can feel yucky. I have my fingers crossed that you see a whoosh. Drink that water! Do you wanna come clean out my pantry and cabinets, too?

Rachel: I hope you see a weight whoosh, too!

Charlene: How are you today?
Old 05-11-2013, 05:37 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/135/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Good morning slimmers!

Scale is still at 127. I got my 1st compliment yesterday about looking skinny. It made my day. I tried on some size 6 jeans and they were too big. Crossing my fingers that I see 125 soon. I found a 5K for May 31st. It is called Glow Stick It To Cancer. It is a night run.

Going shoping today. I am treating myself to some new running shorts and tanks.

Diane: congrats!!!!

Hannah: hi!

Beth: good job on making it to the gym!
Old 05-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Diane - I am so sorry I missed all the hurt and turmoil you were going through! As I read through each post, I cringed just a little more and I even teared up. *sniff* Then, I got to that last post and I was like I am so happy for you!! Tomorrow will be busy! But, a fresh start! I know you will love it!

Rachel - You are bouncing around, but on the low side. Maybe you're in your new norm and won't be having to fight those pesky 30's any longer.

Beth - ooooh! Detox headache means more energy is on the horizon! I always wonder how I let myself go back to that sluggish eating when I remember what I have to go through to detox and then how amazing I feel afterwards. So much of mine is habit.

Hannah - Glad you're getting your workouts in. I actually love wings and let myself splurge on them sometimes. I'm so glad you're still here! So many times we get new people and really start to connect with them and they disappear. We are so glad you found us!

OK, it was a SUPER BUSY week for me. I knew it would be after missing the last week with the jury. We had band concert, attended basketball games, played some, and then had some drama. I have faithfully worked out every morning and am really starting to see more definition in my biceps. I love that! I had every intention of posting yesterday morning, but the night before it rained really hard, dh's truck got stuck and nearly went down a hill sideways (he does not have 4wd) and so at 10:30 p.m. we are calling dd15's friends with trucks LOL. You know those teenage boys jump at the chance to pull people out of the mud even late at night on a school night. Thank goodness their parents know us! hehee. So, I got up and did my workout and then baked them a batch of thank you cookies for dd to take to school to them. One boy asked her if her dad could get stuck more often!

I'll post about the drama in a minute....but y'all have a great day!
Old 05-11-2013, 06:01 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

The drama - last weekend, I had a ton of kids here and it got pretty late and one boy said he forgot to feed his pig at the ag barn and they asked if they could run up there and feed. I told them since it was so late, they had 20 minutes only. One truck went one way to take another boy home and my dd and one friend went toward the ag barn and they were going to meet. DD and her friend got to the school - right across the street from the ag barn and the other friend called and said "it's too late - let's not feed." So, dd's friend turned around to come back here. He saw a truck in the school parking lot and he pulled in there and said he was going to "tag" it (write on it with show polish). DD sat in the truck on her phone, never even saw what was written and then they were back here - gone no longer than 15 minutes.

Well, I had no idea about the tagging until dh came home Wednesday afternoon in a MOOD, telling dd he got a call from the HS principal about a truck she was in and that the kid who tagged the truck was seen on video camera. He asked dd what it said and she said she had no idea and he told her to find out. He was livid. She told him she would, but that the friend was at work. Well, 20 minutes later, in front of other friends, dh asked her if she got that info yet. I said (not where the kids could hear me), "She already told you she would get the info but the kid is working. Don't ask her again when you already know the answer." He GOT SO MAD AT ME! He thought I was undermining his authority. It got heated and he would not hear my side of the story. He ended up going to a friends to cool off and I was so mad too.

Anyway, the next morning, I was still mad so I put a rock, a screw, a juice box and a half a PB sandwich in dh's lunch. Once he got to school, he said he knew me too well and checked his lunchbox. He texted me, "I KNEW it. LOL" That broke the ice and we were okay after that and were able to discuss the incident. Then, the same night dh's truck was stuck the friend who tagged the truck asked if he could come over and talk to dh since we were all up so late. The kid was scared out of his brain, but it was a GREAT move. He apologized to dh for having his daughter in the vehicle with him and doing something inappropriate. Dh gave him and dd the lecture about reputations, respect, and then the poor kid got the drinking and driving spill too. LOLOL! Dh told him that when he was a teen he tagged cars too - that wasn't a big deal to him - but doing it in a school parking lot, to someone who wasn't a good friend who couldn't take the joke - not a good idea. They shook hands, dh told him he likes him coming over, he wants him to be able to be friends and go places and take dd and it ended great. Kids left our house at 11:35 that night. Oh the joys of parenting!

Last edited by sports_mom; 05-11-2013 at 06:04 AM..
Old 05-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

The scale was down a bit today--yeah! I'm a bit sore too from the workout. We're heading to a birthday party for our goddaughter's older brother. He is going to be 5. I am def in ketosis.

Charlene--you did have a busy week but good for you for working out so religiously. My niece from Dallas was here yesterday and we talked about a visit this summer. Once I know my job situation, I will make plans to head south. You are awesome parents, and you're managing teenagers! I love it when we start to see the results of our workouts. That detox headache is sticking around a little today. But I will look forward to more energy.

Rachel--congrats on the compliment! A night run sounds like fun. Your hard work and perserverance is paying off!

Hannah--how ya doing today. I agree with Charlene that we are glad that you are with us. I won't mind cleaning out your pantry as long as it didn't have pantry moths. EWWWWE! Not a fan of those. Of course the things I had to throw our are things I shouldn't be eating anyway so I guess there was a larger force at work.

Diane--I know you are busy this weekend but give us a holler to let us know how its all going.

Gonna take it easy this morning I think. Still a little tired.

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #67
Junior LCF Member

235.8 on the scale this morning. Today was a rough day. I'm exhausted and I binged. It started at work when it was someone's birthday and there was chocolate cake. I had a small piece of cake and felt really guilty. After work I went to Fresh Market to get some freshly ground almond butter. I got the almond butter then saw the croissants. My head was screaming that I had to have them. I ate 3 of the 4 croissants on the way home. I feel really sick right now, both from guilt and my stomach is killing me. I can't believe I let that happen. I know better. I'm sure i'll pay for it on the scale in the morning. Tomorrow is another day.

Rachel: That sounds like a really fun 5K. Yay on the complement!

Charlene: I LOL when I read what you put in DH's lunch!!! I'm so happy you and DH worked it out. Men can get mad over such little things. Your DD's friend was very brave to come and apologize. Most kids these days sadly don't care about reputations. I'm glad he got lectured, maybe he'll think twice before doing irresponsible and inappropriate things.

Beth: Nope, no pantry moths thankfully!

Charlene & Beth: Thank you, I'm so glad to be here! I don't have anyone to talk to about what I'm going through, no one understands about my weight loss and how important it is to me.

Last edited by momof2mms; 05-11-2013 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: Wording
Old 05-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Hannah-don't beat yourself up, it happens. We will not be perfect, we will have weak moments, we are human. Just get back on track. You've done really well and will continue to do so. It's a bump in the road.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Starting out moving day this tired is not good! With as many kids as I have, you would think they would offer to help me pack.. at least they will be here to help me move. DD did come and finish going through what was left in her room since she has to work all day today.

I believe I have everything I need for today (renters insurance, cashier's check) except more boxes and more sleep! It was strange last night knowing it was the last time I would sleep here, and the last time I will wake up and hear that annoying bird outside.. but today it is strangely quiet! Thank you annoying bird, for being quiet today! Less than 5 hours before I get the key.. and only 2 before I get the truck. I figured I could get the truck several hours earlier than the key so I can get the first load done. I also have my car packed up. I hope I still like the apartment! I only saw it once for about 5 minutes!

My weight was 192 yesterday, but I had Chipotle last night and I'm afraid it will be up today.

Well, you all have Happy Mother's Day's! Beth, you are still a fur-mom (and a feather mom) I hope you have a lovely day honoring your mom! I told mind Happy Mother's day yesterday just in case I was soooo busy moving that I forget to call!

Well, back to packing... so much still not done!
Old 05-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

I hope you are all enjoying a lovely Mother's Day. I forgot to weigh this morning. DH hustled me out of bed this morning so we could go to the farmers market. It has been a long time since I went and I had forgotten how wonderful the foods are. We bought blueberries, raspberries, tangerines, peaches, strawberries, tomatoes and some cheese curds. While fruit is not on my eating plan, berries aren't too bad and the fruit was sooooo good! Fresh and sweet. The dh took me to breakfast and then we went up to City Hall and found my mom's brick. I took her with me (the little urn I have) and took some pictures. I left a pinch of her there so she could keep an eye on the Council and make sure they were carrying out her wishes. Its a beautiful day today and I will probably go to the gym late afternoon. I've been weeping on and off, really missing my mom. Even if I wanted to ignore the fact that it was mother's day, I couldn't, it is EVERYWHERE! That headache was with me all day yesterday and even my migraine meds would not make it go away. The birthday party was fun and I took some great pictures.

Diane--MOVING DAY! I wouldn't be worrying about the chipotle since you will be working hard today! I hope all goes smooth and you settle in quickly and enjoy your freedom from your ex!

Rachel--what are you doing for the day?

Charlene--How about you?

Hannah? How ya doing?

Have a lovely sunday.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:28 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Got in a tough tough leg workout this morning. Since this is round 2 of me doing this program, I can read the notes I wrote from the first go round. Today's workout had "ouch" at the bottom! Tomorrow's workout has "took almost 2 hours!" I guess I'll go to bed early tonight and get right on the workout when I get up instead of drinking coffee and surfing the web. Took a group of kids to the movies last night to see Ironman 3. Pretty cool show.

Beth - hope your headache is gone today and you can resume your good workouts. I loved the brick story and how mom will be watching the council. So cute!!

Diane - so glad it was moving day! How did you sleep in the new place? Did you get everything done?

Hannah - really, it does happen - the slip ups. Just think to yourself - you've worked too hard so far - don't slide back into old habits. Just pick yourself up and get back at it. We've all done it. My last one lasted almost 5 months though - so if it wasn't for the strenuous workouts I do, my weight would have skyrocketed. Luckily it just kind of stayed the same - about 9 pounds up at the highest. But, the carb fog I got in - once you get out of that - and feel so good....it really makes you think twice about putting bad things in your mouth. It's a NEW day!

Rachel - how was your "down" weekend? Did you get anything productive done?

Hope you have a great Monday!!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:28 AM   #72

Good morning slimmers!

Scale is up to 129 this morning. I knew this would happen because I ate 2 big meals yesterday. I also didnt get a workout in yesterday. Gotta push the water today. On a plus side, I bought a pair of size 6 jeans Friday night and they are too big. So I ended up getting a pair yesterday and guess what? Juniors size 7 skinny jeans!!

This is a crazy week for me. I have a couple meetings plus DD15 has an awards banquet that I need to go to. This is also the last week of school for my kiddos.

I had a great weekend although I was bored on Saturday afternoon. I am not use to having any down time. DD18, my mom and I went shopping and saw a movie Friday night. Saturday morning DD18 and I did a little shopping then all 3 kiddos and I went out for lunch. Yesterday, kids and I went to church then had a cookout at my youngest brother's. Last night DH took us out for supper.

Weather here is very cool. Gonna get in a walk with DD18 and my nephews at some point today. Will also do an arm workout.

Charlene: yikes on the 2 hour workout coming tomorrow!

Beth: i thought about you lots yesterday! I hope you could feel the love that I was sending you.

Hannah: we all have slip ups. Dont beat yourself up over it!

Diane: how was your 1st night in your new place?
Old 05-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Well I survived Mother's Day. Glad that is behind me. Only one more big holiday/anniversary to get through, but thankfully that is 4 months away. Had a quiet day yesterday, did some reading and just hung out after we got back. Never made it to the gym. I did make chicken parmesean and fresh tomato salad for dinner. It was yummy. Going to the gym today for sure. Not feeling too bad. A little bit of a headache but it shouldn't be too bad. Oh, and the scale is down. I've lost a pound this week. At least it is going in that direction. I have a feeling I am going to have a slow process of losing.

Charlene--it will interesting to see if your notes from this time say OUCH! I bet the workout tomorrow will go much faster.

Rachel--size 7 skinny jeans?! Look at you go, girl. Water, yes, water today for us both. We are expecting temps in the 70s. Should be a pleasant day today.

Diane--so how did the move go? I bet you might be a bit sore after all of the moving, lifting, packing, etc. We use muscles in different ways than we do at the gym and our bodies will let us know.

Hannah--how are you doing today?

Gotta get out the door and to the gym so I can come home and clean out more cabinets. Must get kitchen done! I am not motivated for spring cleaning at all! And I have so much time that I don't push myself like I used to. DH told me this morning that before I know it I will have to be getting up early to go to work. From his mouth to god's ear.

Have a good day all!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #74
Junior LCF Member

It's Monday!

Yesterday I ate clean-ish. DH threw up all day with a stomach bug, so I took the kids out to eat. I ate as clean as I could with grilled shrimp, mashed cauliflower and grilled asparagus. I'm sure there were hidden sugar and I know there was to much salt. I'm up 3 pounds this morning! I've eaten extremely clean so far today and dinner will be what I intended to pack for lunch today but left it in the fridge at home. I'm glad I had a can of tuna here at work and I found a packet of mayo in the break room cabinet. I've had LOTS of water already and I'm going to the the gym after work if DH isn't to whiny.

Beth: I know your Mom was watching over you and giving you strength yesterday. I can't imagine how hard it is. (((HUGS)))

Charlene: I've never thought about having a set workout and making notes. I might have to do something like that.

Rachel: SKINNY JEANS!

Diane: How's the new place?

Hannah
Old 05-14-2013, 04:07 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

An hour and 40 minutes later, I am done with THAT workout. Whew! It is by far one of the toughest ones in the program. I am spent! I can see definition now - on day 58 - so I am not complaining. My calves are really sore from yesterday's workout.

Beth - glad you made it through a tough Sunday. And yay on the pound loss! Are you hitting the gym today?

Rachel - glad you enjoyed your weekend and look at you go - a size 6 and they are loose!!! I remember ONE TIME, back in the early 90's I bought a size 5/6 suit for a special occasion. Never wore it but it looked so good when I tried it on. Never could wear that size again. I think I was on Nutrisystem at the time. Keep up the good work!!

Diane - hope the move went well and you are getting your new place in order.

Hannah - that stomach bug is no fun. Hope you don't get it. I'm sure that meal - besides the hidden sugars, probably had a lot of sodium too. I bet in a couple days, with good water intake, you'll be rocking and rolling again.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 05-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

That evil scale was up a 1/2 pound today but I know I am in ketosis. I went to the gym yesterday and did a pretty intense workout. And I ate well yesterday. Made another tri-tip and it was delish! Perhaps my muscles are holding onto some water from the workout. So, I have an interview scheduled in Chicago the first week of June (the day after my bff returns to Chicago). I think I may just book the flight and stay a few extra days). Dh wants to go back to see his brother and he should do that after I go. I'm also in the process of scheduling an interview in southern CA over the next few weeks. I haven't heard anything back from the interview I had two weeks ago, so I am going to assume that I didn't make the cut. The way their HR department works, one never knows but I just need to move on and keep looking. The right opportunity will be there. I just need one job.

Charlene--WTG on the workouts. I was looking at the program and am thinking about doing it, but am not sure since I have some limitations due to my knees. I need to make another appointment with my trainer. Do you follow her eating plan also. It would seem strange to not do any cardio for the first few weeks. I remember you said that you didn't follow that rule the second time, is that correct?

Rachel--How cool that ds has his first job interview? What is it for? How are you doing?

Hannah--no doubt there was added sodium in what you were eating and you're retaining a bit of water. We both need to chug the water! Hope your DH is feeling better.

Diane--all moved in? How are you. Please check in and let us know what's up. I'm sure you're dead-dog-tired.

Stuff to get done today, including a hair appointment. Have a good one.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #77
Junior LCF Member

I think I know why the scale has been up the last few days. I haven't had a BM since Friday. I only realized it when I was at the gym tonight on the elliptical and my stomach started cramping and I got really dizzy. I knew it was not TOM, that is about a week away. The only thing I can think of would be constipation. It would explain the gain. I just took a dose of miralax so we'll see if that helps. The scale was at 238 this morning. I'm defiantly in ketosis...ketosticks are pink (light in the afternoon when I'm plenty hydrated and up to moderate in the morning), terrible taste in my mouth, always thirsty etc. Hopefully things will start moving, down and out! DH is feeling better.

Charlene: what program are you doing? It sounds hard, but i'm sure it'll pay off.

Beth: It sounds like you are going to be very busy. You'll find the right job,the one that's meant for you!

Rachel & Diane: How are y'all today?

Good night all!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Today was the LONGEST day at work! I was so freaking tired I felt like I was on auto pilot and sometimes could hardly walk or talk! I told the kids I was sorry I wasn't much fun today, and should be more myself tomorrow.. and yet here I am up at almost midnight. I wanted NOTHING more than to come home and go to bed.. so what do I do? Go fill up my car at the old place, then start unpacking boxes!

I love the new apt. It feels like home already.. well, especially now that I have internet and tv again!

I'll try to catch up and say more later.. I have GOT to get to sleep! Like I said on facebook.. I'm too old for this moving stuff! It is far far FAR too exhausting!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #79

Morning Slimmers!

I am at 127 this morning!

Diane: glad you like your new place!

Hannah: hope you get some relief soon.

Beth: are you thinking about moving back to chicago?

Charlene: how is your week?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Geez--finally some peace and quiet! The morning started with dh asking me to fix him breakfast because he had to leave in 15 minutes so as I'm trying to do that the bird is screaming at me, the dishwasher is full so I can't cleanup after myself, I finally get breakfast done and then his client cancels, so now dh is talking about staying at home today and I want him out of my hair. Get the kitchen cleaned up, get ready to sit down when the door bell rings and the dog is barking and the bird is screaming and I'm still in my pjs and its dh's colleague and his kid and I'm telling dh to get down and answer the door so I can go upstairs and change into clothes. Then the dog keeps barking, the bird keeps screaming and they finally all leave together. I'm in a grumpy mood this morning and I don't know why.The scale was down 1.5 pounds so I've lost 2 pounds in the last week. Must start to coordinate my travel to Chicago (no Rachel, I won't be moving, its just that the people I need to meet are there). I'll also go to the gym today.

Rachel--WTG on the weight! You've done great! What's on the agenda for today? How was DS's job interview.

Hannah--yes, sometimes on the WOE things can get backed up. Its important to be sure to drink lots of water, get as much fiber as possible and perhaps take something that a fish oil or flax seed oil capsule everyday to keep things moving. No doubt you'll be feeling better soon. And excercise is good for the digestive track. I hope you didn't catch the bug that your dh had. But you already had that, right?

Diane--I can just feel how tired you are. Moving takes a lot out of you. Its been 16 years since I last moved and I can't imagine doing it again. Its not only the physical but also the mental/emotional as you adjust to everything being in a different place, and just wanting to get settled.

Charlene--how ya doing today?

Gotta decide if I need to go to the chiropractor today or not. There's a little knot in my back and today's workout is legs heavy. Must have some caffeine.

Have a good day all.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Home for lunch. This morning's workout took an hour and a half so it kind of threw me since I wasn't planning on that length this time. It was a doozie as well. It's Phase 3 of the program so it's more intense and definitely more time consuming. Just got back from awards day at school for dd15 and she received the Spanish I award.

Beth - yes, you're right - the first 4 weeks she doesn't add cardio in - just a building phase. However, somewhere I read that if you've been working out, then you can add it. I actually did cardio the 1st and 2nd rounds - not a lot, but about 3 days a week. I did follow her meal plan the first time - lost pretty good that first week, but after about 2 weeks, I do my own thing. I still make her Turkey Muffins and Pumpkin protein bars and freeze them to use during the week. I also do 4 egg whites in the my post workout shake. Good luck on your interview!!! I hope you enjoy the trip.

Diane - I so know that exhausted feeling after moving - especially while working as well. It's tough - you'll need to grab rest where you can until you get a good break.

Hannah - hopefully things start moving along for you soon! That happened to me too and I took magnesium and also used flax meal and it really helped. The program I am doing is Jamie Eason's LiveFit off the bodybuilding website. It's a 12 week program and I am on the 2nd round. I did the first back in August - October.

Rachel - Yippee on the scale numbers!!

Have a great day!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

I've been so tired today but I did drag dh with me to the gym. I only did my leg/core workout and no cardio. But I did do it intensely. I'll do cardio tomorrow. I am beginning to wonder how I am ever going to function at work given how tired I've been. How did I do it all those years? Maybe I'm still repairing.

Charlene-I tried to book a session with my trainer and they were having trouble. It is always some thing with him.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Working til 6, then grabbing more things from the old place.. then I spend the rest of the night putting things away.. very challenging in a much smaller place! That is my week so far! I am still very very tired.. I actually felt myself starting to fall asleep sitting up at work while the kids were watching a movie! Not good!

My eating has been HORRIBLE. My weight is up about 5 lbs.. AND besides that TOM is due soon as well, so I feel his influence. I REALLY need to down water like crazy and stop eating bad... well, I am going to sleep.. i didnt know it was this late.. I am used to my cable box showing the time. My DTV box doesn't show it so I have no idea how late it is unless I look at my phone!

I'll get caught up on here soon.. I mean, I have been reading the posts but I don't have the brain cells to reply yet!
Old 05-16-2013, 06:04 AM   #84

Good morning!

Scale seems to be hanging at 127. The only exercise I am getting is walking during the day. I need to get back to running. Just been too busy in the evenings. I really want to see 125 before the end of the month.

My kids are done with school tomorrow!I am ready for them to be home. DS16 got his 1st job. So excited! He turned 16 at the end of March and 8 told him he didnt need to look for a job until show choir was over. Show choir ended last week and on his own he started applying. So proud of him! He starts tonight!!

Diane: hang in there! You have had a big week!

Beth: good job on getting to the gym!

Charlene: you go girl on your workouts! You are amazing!!

Hannah: how are ya?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

The scale was up a pound this morning and I am starting to see a pattern emerge. The day after a weight workout, my weight goes up a little and then comes down the next day. I am thinking that my body holds onto some water to repair muscles and then releases. I worked pretty intensely yesterday, up to max reps/sets on most of my exercises. I finally was able to book an appt with my trainer for next Friday. I'm ready to change it up. I've been doing the same routine for the last 6 months, but then I was out for almost 2 months with the respiratory thing. And it took a while to get back to the same level. Feel like I'm pretty much there. I'm going to go to do cardio today since I didn't have it in me yesterday. And just the bike, not the rower. I somehow lost my lifting gloves, which I love, and have ordered another pair which won't be here until next week. b-grl gloves--the best! Our nephew is coming over for dinner tonight so must get to the store too!

Rachel--great job for DS. I love it when I hear of iniative in young people. What a great kid. I hope he enjoys it. Wow--schools out already! I guess you guys go back pretty early if I remember correctly.

Diane--hope you get some rest soon. You know you don't have to have every little thing done right away. Be sure to take care of yourself so you don't get sick. Once you get settled, you'll get back into a routine. You're almost there!

Hannah--how goes it?

Charlene--What's new? Sounds like you're having some killer workouts.

Must get going. Have a great day all!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Hi again! Home for lunch. Today's workout was another killer leg workout. Included in there were 195 leg curls in various forms and 180 squats in various forms. Wonder if my tush is gonna support weight tomorrow. LOL I got more compliments than ever yesterday as my clothes are looser. I am sure I am losing inches. I have not weighed because I know the muscle numbers will freak me out - so long as my clothes are falling off, I am happy. hehehe

Beth - that sucks you couldn't get with your trainer. I think i agree about the day after a workout and the scale. That's one reason I don't weigh daily. I love my lifting gloves as well! They are so old and stinky - but I keep using them.

Diane - I bet you are a walking zombie. I sure hope you can catch up on some rest soon.

Rachel - that scale is staying in the right spot - on the downside. That's awesome your kids are about to be out. I love SUMMER!!! Two more weeks for my kids. A little longer for me, but so so close!

Hannah - how are things with you today?

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Charlene--holy smokes that's alot of leg work. I just added up my leg workout. There ar 240 squats of various kinds, but no curls. I'm feeling it in my glutes now so I am headed to the gym to ride the bike before I'm really feeling it and using it as an excuse not to go.

To the gym!
Old 05-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

I made it to the gym and did 30 minutes on the bike and 6 on the rower, and my stretches. My legs were really tired when I started, and the glutes are starting to act up, but I pushed through it, even if I was pedaling slow to start.

Just booked my trip to Chicago and am going to souther CA next week for an interview. My bff is coming in two weeks and we are flying back to Chicago together. So that means I'll essentially be spending two weeks with her. I promised my brother I'd come to Texas once I had a job. The Willie Nelson song is running through my head "On the road again . . ."

I did get my trainer booked for next Friday. I'm ready to change up my routine.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

And I forgot to mention that I've already started cooking for our nephew's visit tonight. The shish kabob are in their marinade and I'm infusing olive oil with herbs for the herb roasted potatoes (not that I get to eat that). I'm looking forward to seeing him.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #90
Junior LCF Member

Hey everyone! I'm just dropping a quick note. DD and I got DH's stomach virus. It was vicious! My mom and MIL have it now. I still feel weak and yucky but I'm going to work. I'll check back in and do personals later.
Closed Thread