Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 06:08 AM   #151
The doctor is IN

Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Morningggggggggg save my place!!!!
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2013, 06:32 AM   #152
The doctor is IN

Okay back! Whew, got off half a day yesterday due to phones being out and also internet. It was like a snow day!

So I went and ran 2 miles, did some laundry and went to the eye doctor. I thought I might have a scratch on my eye or lens but he said I didn't. I am not getting enough oxygen to my cornea and there are some really dry areas. There is also a new surgery I am hopeful about that would correct my corneal disease and make it possible maybe to wear regular soft lenses. I am excited! I am going to see this other doctor in June. After that healed I would have to wear glasses of some kind for about 6 months until they healed and then I would get "cataract surgery" only I don't have cataracts. That would at least take care of my vision enough so I COULD wear thin glasses or maybe just contacts.

Scared to get too excited.

“Faith is the gaze of a soul upon a saving God.” A.W. Tozer
I need a seatbelt for my wagon

Old 04-26-2013, 06:47 AM   #153
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Gallery: Kim in MN
Stats: 301.2/270.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/21/2014
I am so sleepy today...was up 4 times to let my dog out last night. Doesn't leave me much time to get 'good' sleep. He's 14.5 years old and at his last appt. was diagnosed with beginning stage of kidney disease. Which means he will drink water until the bowl is empty and then of course needs to go out several times. I've been restricting water after 8pm for him, but now he wakes and barks until I let him off leash (I don't crate at night -- only when I'm going during the day, but leash him to the recliner where he sleeps at night). He then makes a mad dash for his water bowl. So I know he's thirsty, but I can't let him drink a lot or I'll just be getting up even more.

I really don't know what to do....at his age and health (ongoing mouth infections due to skin folds -- he gets treated with antibiotics and I use medicated mouth wipes) I'm not going to go into too many heroic measures with him. I've got him on a kidney diet food (mega $$), he gets treated for his mouth infections, and I make sure he has plenty of water during the morning & afternoon/early evening to satisfy him. There have been a number of times in the past few months where he's peed on my <new> area rug in the living room -- right in front of me and he'd just been outside. I wonder if that's the kidney disease or if he's starting to go a little senile.
Kim in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #154
Random WIT

Gallery: stews
Stats: 240/190.4/135
Start Date: restarted 4/5/14 @223.8 lbs.
hope you have a better day, Kim.

Amy, that is the nice part about dh's schedule. the days he works we don't have a lot of time but then he has 4 days off in a row every rotatin. he works 2 days then 2 nights then off for 4. so he leaves about 6 am on day shift gets home between 7 and 7:30 (usually). his first graveyard he sleeps in as long as he can so till late morning, usually. leaves about 6 at night and gets home between 7 and 7:30 in the morning. after the first night he tries to sleep till 4:30 but doesn't make it a lot of times. when he does time is very limited on that day together but then he only has 1 more night. after his 2nd night shift he usually sleeps till 11 or 12 depending on when he gets to bed that morning then is off for 4 days.

(sounds confusing but its really not. when he's on his regular schedule its easy to keep track. it only gets confusing when he starts working extra days to cover for other people or for extra jobs they need done).

gotta run. I won't have time to come in this afternoon, probably. taking dd and her friend from kansas to see Mt. St. Helens and eat lunch up there. figured we'd show her friend what hills look like, lol .
stews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #155
The doctor is IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in MN View Post
I am so sleepy today...was up 4 times to let my dog out last night. Doesn't leave me much time to get 'good' sleep. He's 14.5 years old and at his last appt. was diagnosed with beginning stage of kidney disease. Which means he will drink water until the bowl is empty and then of course needs to go out several times. I've been restricting water after 8pm for him, but now he wakes and barks until I let him off leash (I don't crate at night -- only when I'm going during the day, but leash him to the recliner where he sleeps at night). He then makes a mad dash for his water bowl. So I know he's thirsty, but I can't let him drink a lot or I'll just be getting up even more.

I really don't know what to do....at his age and health (ongoing mouth infections due to skin folds -- he gets treated with antibiotics and I use medicated mouth wipes) I'm not going to go into too many heroic measures with him. I've got him on a kidney diet food (mega $$), he gets treated for his mouth infections, and I make sure he has plenty of water during the morning & afternoon/early evening to satisfy him. There have been a number of times in the past few months where he's peed on my <new> area rug in the living room -- right in front of me and he'd just been outside. I wonder if that's the kidney disease or if he's starting to go a little senile.
Have you tried doggy diapers?
Old 04-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #156
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I went and had my eyes checked yesterday Lucy. It was depressing. I have 20/300 vision, a scar in one of my eyes which obstructs my vision and I have corneal archus. I'm only 30 for Pete's sake! I'm going to be blind in a few years! Uggg.

Went to the park, took a walk to see the horses and played in the yard for a bit. Nap time now and ill run when dh gets home this evening.
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #157
The doctor is IN

Yeah it would require 2 surgeries for me and I would still have to wear glasses or contacts. My left eye is 20/15.75 and my right one is like 20/17 so severe near-sightedness. And I have astigmatism and kerataconus which means my cornea is cone-shaped instead of round. That makes the imagine reflect on my lens in the wrong way and that's why I have to wear the rigid lenses. Probably is I am not able to tolerate them very well anymore and glasses will not correct it. So right now I wear a pair of disposable lenses with the hard lenses on top of them and then when I read I wear reading glasses on top of THAT and I STILL can't read very well a lot of the time. Can't thread a needle at all, can't read small print unless I have a VERY bright light.

Feel better?

Last edited by Lucy; 04-26-2013 at 10:45 AM..
Old 04-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #158
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
Hey all

Congrats on the eye new lucy, how exciting

Kim, signing the paperwork late May, not sure how soon after the court date will be. We can't wait though. She's an amazing little girl.

Sleepy, I'll post tomorrow
Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:12 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
Yeah it would require 2 surgeries for me and I would still have to wear glasses or contacts. My left eye is 20/15.75 and my right one is like 20/17 so severe near-sightedness. And I have astigmatism and kerataconus which means my cornea is cone-shaped instead of round. That makes the imagine reflect on my lens in the wrong way and that's why I have to wear the rigid lenses. Probably is I am not able to tolerate them very well anymore and glasses will not correct it. So right now I wear a pair of disposable lenses with the hard lenses on top of them and then when I read I wear reading glasses on top of THAT and I STILL can't read very well a lot of the time. Can't thread a needle at all, can't read small print unless I have a VERY bright light.

Feel better?
Yup thanks!
I just hope my kids don't have my eyes. Both my parents have awful eyes too. I'd love to be able to wake up in the middle of the night and see the clock wouldn't you?

We have a bowling party for Kyle this morning. His league is over and he gets a trophy. He's so excited.

I ran 4.5 miles yesterday so ill probably take today off and just relax.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #160
Random WIT

good morning. I haven't done anything yet this morning. no idea what we are doing today. we were thinking of taking a motorcycle ride but that's going to depend on weather. may not happen today. yesterday would have been great but it was a perfect day to take dd and her friend up tot he mountain. was a clear day so had great views and lunch was nice.

glad you got a good run in, DP. I remember those end of the season parties with the kids for different sports. the kids always loved them. I organized a few of them as a team mom at times.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #161
princess peskironi WIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
I have been at my job for 19 years. It's unusual anymore. I think Peskie has both of us beat not sure. Good that you don't mince words. I hate it when people just do that behind your back instead of to your face!
October 16, 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by stews View Post
I'm using some of the peppers I got in my bountiful basket saturday. making stuffed peppers. also going to have sliced tomatoes and mango. Hope the peppers turn out good. never made them before so we'll see. they sound good and the filling tastes good. just not sure if the filling will stay on the peppers. the shape of some of the peppers once sliced in half weren't all that cupped to hold it. we may be spooning the stuffing back onto them after they bake, lol.
wish we had bountiful basket's here. Can't wait for the Farmers Market to open though

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAmy View Post
Mmmmm... Steak. I love steak. Probably my top 3 fav meals!! Mmmmm...
My child is weird. She doesn't really like steak at all, it's a fight on steak night to get her to eat enough to prevent binging on snacks later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAmy View Post
In the words of Lucy: I didnt come here to talk to myself!
heehee!
Old 04-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #162
Random WIT

i am loving bountiful baskets. keep checking now and then, peskie. it is growing so maybe some day it will be there.

I've been at my job for about 15 years. not all at the same school but with the school district who is technically my employer. I've worked at 3 schools during that time plus started out as a sub IA before landing a permanent position. dh has been at his for 27 or 28 years..I think. He did work there before that for a short time, got layed off but then got rehired again when things picked up.

when my kids had something they didn't like I would have them try it but if they really and truly didn't like something I'd let them have something else. NOT as a short order cook, but something they could heat up or fix, even a sandwich or leftovers. (NOT just that they were being picky and didn't "feel" like it that day so they said they didn't like it) this didn't happen often because it really was just the times it was something they truly didn't like. meaning consistently never liked it. and again, still encouraged them to at least try a few bites because sometimes tastes do change. also I made it clear I was not a restaurant. we ate what I made and if it was a rare occasion they got to have something else they could do it (usually) and clean up there own mess from making it. there were times it was easy to change something if they liked a food but not the way I made it. for instance, ds didn't like sausage with sour kraut but he liked it separate so I would leave out a couple pieces to cook up by itself. easy to toss polish sausage in a pan of water and cook it without really extra effort. or dd22 didn't really like breaded things that much, so it was easy enough to cook up the same meat without breading on her portion when necessary. I really only cooked something different for them when it was an easy alteration to what we were having.

luckily it wasn't a game. they were really good about trying it and not pushing for something different because they weren't in the mood. maybe because when they were little it wasn't really an option. started the option occasionally when they were older and it was clear that some foods had NEVER been liked by then. typically if it was something they didn't love but it was "ok" they just had a small portion of that part of the meal. didn't really ask too often for something different, again, probably because it wasn't an option when they were younger.

Last edited by stews; 04-27-2013 at 10:49 AM..
Old 04-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #163
Random WIT

not sure why I rambled so much on that post, LOL! must need more coffee
Old 04-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #164
princess peskironi WIT

lol

it's not that she doesn't like steak, just not one of those foods she likes. lol
I know, that makes no sense whatsoever.

She doesn't dislike it, but doesn't like it either, so we give her extra veggies that night and the smallest steak and usually she'll eat about 1/2 of it and fuss because it wasn't what she "wanted".

Bossy girl
Old 04-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #165
princess peskironi WIT

We have the same rule as you on stuff she genuinely doesn't like

she has to try it and give it a fair shake, but she doesn't have to eat it all

I was surprised she liked the sushi so well
Old 04-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #166
Random WIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peskie View Post
lol

it's not that she doesn't like steak, just not one of those foods she likes. lol

She doesn't dislike it, but doesn't like it either, so we give her extra veggies that night and the smallest steak and usually she'll eat about 1/2 of it and fuss because it wasn't what she "wanted".

Bossy girl
yeah, I'd do the same in that case. tell her next time to pass it to me. I LOVE it! ummmm, now I want steak, LOL
Old 04-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #167
Random WIT

Quote:

I think its a good way to be. its not making food a huge issue yet teaches them to try things. I tried to teach them that 1..tastes change some times and 2...sometimes we are in a situation where we have to at least be able to tolerate eating a little food we don't like. there are certain times when it would be rude to not eat at least a little bit in certain situations.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #168

They changed kyles party and didn't tell us! He was SO upset. We took him to mini golf instead.

Bad news- I think I'm getting my period. Staying off the scale until I know for sure
Old 04-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #169
Random WIT

sorry they changed his party and you didn't get the news . did he miss it? or is it at a different day now? glad you had some fun with him mini golfing, though. we love to do that some times.

periods...BOOOOOO!
Old 04-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #170
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Gallery: Kim in MN
Stats: 301.2/270.8/175
Start Date: 3/21/2014
Happy Saturday! It's low 70s here today -- crazy Minnesota weather! I'm loving the day though -- windows are wide open and fresh Spring breezes are coming in.

Jessie and I took off this morning just before noon and didn't get back until 3pm. We hit Costco, Sams Club, Target and Rainbow Foods. My fridge is packed! I even had to put some produce away in the garage fridge. I found something new at Costco -- cocktail cucumbers. Even more tiny than baby cucumbers. I'm looking forward to having them dipped in the Costco Jalapeno Yogurt dip.

I made cabbage "egg rolls" for dinner. I was so excited to have some veggies. I made it 3 days on the meat & egg fast -- I'm happy I did --I'm in ketosis and my hunger is under control. Cabbage "egg rolls" are ground pork, broccoli slaw, mushrooms and green onion --- stir-fried with a lot of siracha sauce and then made into egg rolls with blanched cabbage leaves as the wrapper. Bake in the oven until the cabbage is fully cooked. I eat them with hot Chinese mustard. Yum!!

I'm going to put a beef eye of round roast w/pepperocini's in the crockpot before heading out to my moms tomorrow. I will be great for some lunches this week.

Going to my mom's for brunch tomorrow -- there will be about 20 of us there. She called me today and said she was making a crustless italian sausage zucchini quiche so I didn't need to make a small egg bake to bring for myself.

Jackie -- I'm sorry to hear that Kyle's party got changed. That's terrible that they didn't notify you. Sounds like you had a good Plan B!

Peskie -- You dd loves sushi and is indifferent about steak? I'm just the opposite -- I could eat steak every day and I've NEVER even tried sushi. It doesn't appeal to me at all!

Stews -- Did you get a motorcycle ride in? Our Farmers Markets are opening within the next week or so. We're about a week or so behind here due to the yucky weather we've had.

Amy -- How's your weekend going? Sounds like you have a busy weekend planned!

Lucy -- No doggie diapers. He only got me up once last night so it wasn't bad. Today he vomited a little bit -- on my new kitchen rug so he's been limited to small amounts of water and some boiled white rice.
Kim in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Hello everyone!! Back to work tonight. Yuck!!! Shouldn't complain cause I have four days on and five days off!! But after that I work nine nights in a row!!

We have our Sweet Adelines competition coming up the middle of May. Only three more practices before we leave!! It should be lots of fun. It's in Cleveland this year. Can't wait to go!!!

Hope you're all having a fantastic weekend! Love this weather!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

I guess I should say that I was back down to 168.2 today! Yahoo! Really going to have to watch it this weekend so I don't eat too much. Maybe I can get into the 167's!!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #173
princess peskironi WIT

Kim, when she first moved in, there was very little she liked. Now she is starting to branch out. Like me, she has a fondness for hotdogs, doritos, Mexican and Japanese

Lol

Before it was peanut butter, pasta or potatoes (she still loves all those with pb being her fave)
Old 04-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #174
Random WIT

no, no ride. weather wasn't right for it. going to have to wait for some other time. doesn't look promising tomorrow either.

dd22 and her friend from Kansas are coming over tomorrow for lunch after church. I'm making home made mac and cheese.

our farmers market opened a few weeks ago but there isn't that much produce yet really. definitely not the growing season here yet.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #175
princess peskironi WIT

so sleepy!!

it's been rainy all day and we drove to Roanoke and went to the Pet Expo and ate at Five Guys.

Getting her out of the Pet Expo was a job.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Came home early from work last night. Threw up once and was getting dizzy. It was just way too hot in the store. Wearing capris tonight so I will hopefully stay cool enough.

Have a good night!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #177
Random WIT

ha, peskie is a liar. you did NOTHING, I heard it from Charity bwahahahahaha

I made mac and cheese, garlic toast and roasted broccoli for lunch after church. dd22 and her friend from Kansas came over and ate and visited for awhile. well, they watched my little pony's on netflix while here. um, did I mention she is 22? LOL! funny.

I was going to take dh out for dessert but decided to just make a pan of brownies instead. going to have a brownie sunday. and yes, I'm going to enjoy it thoroughly. been wanting one for awhile.

another weekend nearly gone but that brings us one weekend closer to SUMMAH!

Lenise, I hope you do better tonight. I wouldn't do well in that situation, myself.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:56 AM   #178

Morning. Woke up extremely ill and have been up since 2am. Rainy day here and dh is going to try to get home early to help me. Think it's the stomach flu

Have to take some time off running. I hurt my knee. I need new sneakers bad. I think ill focus on weights this week. Hoping for a new low on Fridays weigh in. Going to really push it this week
Old 04-29-2013, 06:36 AM   #179
The doctor is IN

Quote:
lol

Bossy girl
I understand!!!

Quote:

Quote:
I think its a good way to be. its not making food a huge issue yet teaches them to try things. I tried to teach them that 1..tastes change some times and 2...sometimes we are in a situation where we have to at least be able to tolerate eating a little food we don't like. there are certain times when it would be rude to not eat at least a little bit in certain situations.
Yep best thing, good going you two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
They changed kyles party and didn't tell us! He was SO upset. We took him to mini golf instead.

Bad news- I think I'm getting my period. Staying off the scale until I know for sure
Awwwww and Awwwwww, did he have fun? And I know you aren't having fun. Don't miss those days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in MN View Post
I'm going to put a beef eye of round roast w/pepperocini's in the crockpot before heading out to my moms tomorrow. I will be great for some lunches this week.

Going to my mom's for brunch tomorrow -- there will be about 20 of us there. She called me today and said she was making a crustless italian sausage zucchini quiche so I didn't need to make a small egg bake to bring for myself.

:droolsalloverkeyboard:

Lucy -- No doggie diapers. He only got me up once last night so it wasn't bad. Today he vomited a little bit -- on my new kitchen rug so he's been limited to small amounts of water and some boiled white rice.
I used them to help train my cutie pie. She is doing good now but I hear as older dogs a lot of them go back to no bladder control and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
Hello everyone!! Back to work tonight. Yuck!!! Shouldn't complain cause I have four days on and five days off!! But after that I work nine nights in a row!!

We have our Sweet Adelines competition coming up the middle of May. Only three more practices before we leave!! It should be lots of fun. It's in Cleveland this year. Can't wait to go!!!

Hope you're all having a fantastic weekend! Love this weather!
It rained here ALL weekend and we have a lot in the forecast for the next week!

Quote:
no, no ride. weather wasn't right for it. going to have to wait for some other time. doesn't look promising tomorrow either.

dd22 and her friend from Kansas are coming over tomorrow for lunch after church. I'm making home made mac and cheese.

our farmers market opened a few weeks ago but there isn't that much produce yet really. definitely not the growing season here yet.
Nope but can't wait!!!

Quote:
so sleepy!!

it's been rainy all day and we drove to Roanoke and went to the Pet Expo and ate at Five Guys.

Getting her out of the Pet Expo was a job.
:droolsagainatfiveguys:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
Came home early from work last night. Threw up once and was getting dizzy. It was just way too hot in the store. Wearing capris tonight so I will hopefully stay cool enough.

Have a good night!
Bleck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Morning. Woke up extremely ill and have been up since 2am. Rainy day here and dh is going to try to get home early to help me. Think it's the stomach flu

Have to take some time off running. I hurt my knee. I need new sneakers bad. I think ill focus on weights this week. Hoping for a new low on Fridays weigh in. Going to really push it this week
On no! You aren't having a very good time are you?

Last edited by Lucy; 04-29-2013 at 06:37 AM..
Old 04-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #180
Random WIT

oh, I'm sorry you are sick, DP. hope it passes quickly.

no time to chat but wanted to say hi. need to get my shoes on and get out of here for work. i'll check in this afternoon. have a good day