Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TubbyTammie
Stats: 205/200/150
Start Date: April 13, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisMs View Post
Just got back on board. Went through all the cancer crap 5 years ago and rewarded myself for getting through it by having having a few too many private pity parties complete with cake and ice cream. Then I got to enjoy my evening martini and to top it off hubs got in to baking artisan breads. Spent the winter down south enjoying everything fried and washed down with some great IPA beers and now I am ready to pay the piper. I started the day after Easter and have lost 10 lbs so far. 30 to go before my pre-cancer weight and another 15-20 after that. Deep breaths and one foot in front of the other....Join me?
Awesome!! Keep up the great work! I do understand the cancer stuff. It really is hard on both the patient and the family members. I want to make my hubby happy so I cooked, baked, and just totally overdid it. Now, I am unhappy, and he is so stuffed he isnt happy either. *sigh* I need to remember--"Eat to Live, not Live to Eat!"
TubbyTammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CinM
Stats: 278/278/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1/2012 - restart 4/10/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
I've lost 7lbs since Monday so feeling good today, just hope I can keep it up over the weekend!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisMs View Post
Just got back on board. Went through all the cancer crap 5 years ago and rewarded myself for getting through it by having having a few too many private pity parties complete with cake and ice cream. Then I got to enjoy my evening martini and to top it off hubs got in to baking artisan breads. Spent the winter down south enjoying everything fried and washed down with some great IPA beers and now I am ready to pay the piper. I started the day after Easter and have lost 10 lbs so far. 30 to go before my pre-cancer weight and another 15-20 after that. Deep breaths and one foot in front of the other....Join me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTammie View Post
I am aiming to re-start tomorrow (it is already 815 at night here). If you will have me, can I join your group? I did well on Atkins in the past and I lost over 40 lbs. Unfortunately, during the holidays I splurged, and it has been down hill since! I pretty much gained all my weight back and I am having a tough time of it staying away from the carbs. I need to just stop! Having upport and people to answer to will help keep me on track. Please let me join your group.
Quote:
Awesome!! Keep up the great work! I do understand the cancer stuff. It really is hard on both the patient and the family members. I want to make my hubby happy so I cooked, baked, and just totally overdid it. Now, I am unhappy, and he is so stuffed he isnt happy either. *sigh* I need to remember--"Eat to Live, not Live to Eat!"

Eat to Live, not Live to Eat

This is getting straight to the issue!! Most addictions you can learn to live without the item of your addiction (alcohol, nicotine & drugs) - but one cannot live without food. This is what we have to learn how to do... We have to work on our bad habits, one at a time - do not tackle them all at once.....
CinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:30 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Old 04-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beachmom3
Stats: 5'8 200/187.2/140
WOE: LCHF
Quote:
I've lost 7lbs since Monday so feeling good today, just hope I can keep it up over the weekend!
Great job!

I'm restarting *again* after a rough week So far, so good!
beachmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Hi and Welcome all the new folks !! I am back with a better attitude today.I was sick over the weekend and fell off the wagon.I am going to try something a bit different this week. I am going to do Low Carb my way. Mainly low carb veggies,meats,cheese and eggs.Just clean lc eating. I will see how this works for me. Good Luck to everyone !!!
Jaded62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamax6
Stats: 192/
WOE: LC no gluten
Start Date: Jan. 02, re-restart: April, '13
Can I join this little group? I started Atkins back in '02 and was pretty good for many years. I'd slowly gain 10lb, then knock it back down again. Well, the last 2-3 years I have been on and off plan. And my weight has slowly crept back up to the highest I've ever been!! Added to all that, I *know* I have food allergy issues - mainly chocolate (sadness for days) and wheat. I also can't eat nuts (diverticulitis). I had a bad bout of that 2weeks before Christmas from eating those yummy almond flour biscuits. Ugh.

My biggest temptations are snacking carb foods like Cheese-Itz (totally ignoring the wheat allergies and paying the price) and ice cream. I've tried the LC version of ice cream, but last time it caused some serious gut busting, so I'm a bit gun shy now. I love Linda Sue's site and use it very often.

mamax6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome mamax6 !!! Glad to have you here with us. I too have diverticulitis.I kNOW how bad that can hurt. Sorry to hear about all your allergy issues.I am doing my own Low Carb thing.I am finding Atkins wayyy too strict.I use to love it. I am just sick of it,I guess. I am going to try my way for an induction of 2 weeks and see how it works.I might eat a few more(5-10) carbs per day on my induction. My main focus is going to be LC veggies. I have been eating too much protein.Mabe that is why I am sick of atkins.
I have had a good LC day and am not hungry.Maybe my way will work. Will be looking forward to reading all the post from others. Good Luck !!!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I am happy to report that I am doing well on My way of low carb.I have lost 3 pounds and not hungry.I did well today stayedn my plan. This lc veggie focus is keeping me full.I am just eating 20 to 25 carbs per day.Not too different from Atkins.Just more veggies.Hope everyone had a great day.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:37 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Well, I am happy to report that I am doing well on My way of low carb.I have lost 3 pounds and not hungry.I did well today stayedn my plan. This lc veggie focus is keeping me full.I am just eating 20 to 25 carbs per day.Not too different from Atkins.Just more veggies.Hope everyone had a great day.
Great job!!

I'm on day 2 and have lost 2 pounds so far. I know it's probably water weight, but I'll take it! LOL
Old 04-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Hi Everyone..
Seems you're all having a positive week
I put on 2lbs over the weekend which I've finally managed to shift again but the temptation for Doritos overtook this morning so I had a bag..
Serves me right when the scales don't tell me what I want them to tomorrow eh?

G xx
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Thank`s,beachmom !!! CONGRATS to you as well on your 2 pounds. We are doing well. Hi Genie80, Welcome !! Glad to have you with us. I will tell you a trick I have learned on this WOE.When you are having a craving for something,eat a boiled egg or two. Pair it up with some fat,mayo,butter,sour cream.It will kill your cravings. I do this for any kind of craving, it helps with a sugar craving as well. Don`t feel bad about the doritos, we are all human, we all fall off,just jump right back on the LC wagon at your next meal and drink lots of water. Good Luck !!!!
I am doing well so far today.Had to make myself have breakfast.I hope everyone has a great day and Good Luck !!!
Old 04-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamax6
Stats: 192/
WOE: LC no gluten
Start Date: Jan. 02, re-restart: April, '13
I'm down 3lbs!! woohoo!! I'm not putting it in my siggy just yet. I'll make it more official if I keep it off.

Today isn't going to be as good anyway. Went out with dh and his mom for lunch. Every entree had carbs... so I chose the roasted potatoes. I was very good and didn't have a bite of dh's dessert afterwards. Tonight I'll be a church for a potluck after services. Don't know what kind of options there will be.

Sorry about the Doritos Genie.... I swear the the Cheese-itz call my name from the pantry. It's hard to do this WOE when others in the household are not interested.
mamax6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CinM
Stats: 278/278/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1/2012 - restart 4/10/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamax6 View Post
Can I join this little group? I started Atkins back in '02 and was pretty good for many years. I'd slowly gain 10lb, then knock it back down again. Well, the last 2-3 years I have been on and off plan. And my weight has slowly crept back up to the highest I've ever been!! Added to all that, I *know* I have food allergy issues - mainly chocolate (sadness for days) and wheat. I also can't eat nuts (diverticulitis). I had a bad bout of that 2weeks before Christmas from eating those yummy almond flour biscuits. Ugh.

My biggest temptations are snacking carb foods like Cheese-Itz (totally ignoring the wheat allergies and paying the price) and ice cream. I've tried the LC version of ice cream, but last time it caused some serious gut busting, so I'm a bit gun shy now. I love Linda Sue's site and use it very often.
- I am Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom3 View Post
Great job!!

I'm on day 2 and have lost 2 pounds so far. I know it's probably water weight, but I'll take it! LOL

Quote:
Hi Everyone..
Seems you're all having a positive week
I put on 2lbs over the weekend which I've finally managed to shift again but the temptation for Doritos overtook this morning so I had a bag..
Serves me right when the scales don't tell me what I want them to tomorrow eh?

G xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamax6 View Post
I'm down 3lbs!! woohoo!! I'm not putting it in my siggy just yet. I'll make it more official if I keep it off.

Today isn't going to be as good anyway. Went out with dh and his mom for lunch. Every entree had carbs... so I chose the roasted potatoes. I was very good and didn't have a bite of dh's dessert afterwards. Tonight I'll be a church for a potluck after services. Don't know what kind of options there will be.

Sorry about the Doritos Genie.... I swear the the Cheese-itz call my name from the pantry. It's hard to do this WOE when others in the household are not interested.
I cannot have cheez-its, ice-cream or anything like that anywhere near me. otherwise (whoops there goes a whole box / container). Once I take a bite, it's all over. The only way I could eat them is if someone took a box, poured me a normal portion size and took the box else-where. And even then I would probably be tearing my house apart looking for something high carb. That's just me.... I have to figure out the mental part of the equation....
CinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Wow congrats to all the weight that has been returned to the pound demon! I too am happy to report that I am down 5 pounds! Woot Woot! I even went our to TGI Fridays and had a burger with no bun, and in stead of fries, I had brocolli. It was so hard trying to get them to understand that I didnt want the bread or the fries. lol It doesnt help that I am living in another country and people who are working here have English as a second language. :-) BUT, it all worked out in the end! Keep going every one. Soon, it will become a lifestyle, not a diet!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

CONGRATS to everyone that has lost the pounds this week !!!!! We all are rocking this weight loss !!!!! I am doing well on MY plan. I am not obsessing over food. I am eating LC and liking it.I mainly had salad today.It kept me full and I am not hungry. I will weigh tomorrow and report back. I am thinking I will be down some more. I hope. I think I have found what works for me.Good Luck to all !!!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow congrats to all the weight that has been returned to the pound demon! I too am happy to report that I am down 5 pounds! Woot Woot! I even went our to TGI Fridays and had a burger with no bun, and in stead of fries, I had brocolli. It was so hard trying to get them to understand that I didnt want the bread or the fries. lol It doesnt help that I am living in another country and people who are working here have English as a second language. :-) BUT, it all worked out in the end! Keep going every one. Soon, it will become a lifestyle, not a diet!
5 pounds!!! Great job!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry I have been MIA. My DH came home Thursday eve and informed me we were going away for the weekend.We left the next morning and got home yesterday eve.I did do okay on my plan. I strayed a bit,but not too badly.I am still down 5 pounds.So, no gain. Good. How are you all doing?? I hope great. Will check back in later.