Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
Blitz XIII: April 1, 2013 - June 30, 2013

wow, lots of 13s up there!...omg, i have been a part of twelve of these blitzes...hopefully, this will prove to be lucky 13!...

i think i will let one of the other blitzers fill in the details of what we do here in ff's blitzerama world and explain the meaning of what the heck i just said :-)
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 01:06 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Ha Ha Tony, only you would have noticed all the 13's! This has got to be our lucky and successful Blitz! So glad you heard from FF. He hadn't posted since Friday I think. I was getting worried.

Anyway to all you lurkers out there our Blitzer Philosophy in my book is that we are a non judgemental and supportive group. All new comers are warmly welcomed like you have been here forever. When someone stops posting we are concerned and sad, like we are not hearing from that member of the the family anymore.

So welcome one and all!

At the moment 3 of us so far are on a two week 5lb challenge. It will end on Monday April 15th. Join in if you want.

I personally am going to try to keep track of my carbs more closely and post each day the total number of carbs I estimate that I have consumed. Won't be posting every little thing I have eaten for the day but some general stuff.

Today I will bring a leftover mini quiche and some ham for breakfast break. We get a free lunch at work on Tuesdays and I think they said it would be some kind of ham wraps and salad with root vegetables in it. I will eat mostly low carb stuff but if they have some beets in the salad I will have a bite or two of them. Will post carbs for today in the morning.

Have a wonderful day Blitzers - old and new ones

Last edited by Abigale; 04-02-2013 at 01:08 AM..
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:54 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

as a promotion, every new blitzer who joins by this Friday, April 5th, will receive an all expenses paid trip to Jamaica - these trips donated by the very generous Marilee, who hopefully won't find this post until at least Saturday!...
Old 04-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hey, Tony! You are funny...you should have posted that yesterday on April Fool's Day! Sorry, my tax refund is already allocated.

Well, day 2 of being on plan. I am really getting frustrated with myself and my lack of success/sabotage. Something has to change.

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....". Spring has sprung and I love it!

I'll check back later.

Hello newbies! I know you are lurking out there. Come on in and join the fun.
Gibby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
Happy Tuesday all!

Didn't watch the following last night, but it's on the agenda for tonight! Instead I spent most of the evening at my moms, unloading all my problems. Her hugs are the best. Then I decided to continue on in my book after getting home. Boy force fed me pierogies from HIS mom's house so it trashed my hcg day 1. bah! But I'm still on track for today.
BlondieBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oops....ummm...marilee...how nice to see you...ummm... :-)
Old 04-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Still cold here. It sure isn't feeling like spring a whole lot.

I am so trying to get back on track. Seems I can start the day out ok, but then it goes to pot. For example, I had to return something to Kmart and browsed the Easter candy clearance and bought 3 bags with the intent of giving to my son when he comes tomorrow or take to work.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i really believe, vicki, that the key is keeping the stuff out of the house in the first place, so we don't have to rely on our unreliable willpower...fill the house with healthy, on-plan food and when you get hungry enough, you will eat that good food...whatever is around, i will eat eventually... :-)
Old 04-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
well, i'm back!

my 1st communication on my new(?)computer is to you guys. wish me luck with this new toy, and on making progress weight wise, as i also wish all of us to make great progress. Let us all have a great BLITZ. btw the (in)famous coffee truck that generated these Blitzes has been gone from the work locale for some time now. After being promised by the union fellow that my med cov would stay intact till age 65, i just got a letter from the union that my coverage was terminated on 3/17/13. also, i have not received a penny of my pension. It is a likelyhood, that i will be evicted soon, being unable to pay the rent. I hope this will be rectified in short order. I do not get along well with pigeons. FF
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, i hope the health insurance and pension news is a late april fool's joke!...obviously, you have to talk to the union guy!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:44 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gosh FF, hope this pension thing gets worked out quickly!! We don't want you to have to go live with the pigeons either! Wonderful about your new computer!

I really need to start looking up how many carbs are in the things I eat to be more accountable. I am pretty sure I did not have over 30 yesterday but want to get back to 20. Things I ate yesterday with carbs were cream in my coffee, some roasted beets, carrots and parsnips, some sugar free gum and some cream cheese. Not alot of carbs but they added up here and there. Free lunch was good yesterday. They had made ham wraps with leftover ham from the restaurant ham dinners Sunday. I took the wrap off and ate the ham, smoked cheese and greens with a little mayo. The pasta salad had big chunks of roasted veggies that I picked out and left the pasta. One of the best meals yet from them. There were leftovers so we may get to eat again today.

Need to do a couple of things before I head out. Wishing everyone a great Wednesday!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #12

it was a joke on me.

i am certain that my blood pressure and blood sugar was up exponentially, as a result of that letter. However, I made a call to the union about 90 minutes ago. That letter was NOT supposed to be sent to me. ALSO, they have all my info to process my pension, and I SHOULD be receiving 2 months worth of pension in a week. Whether that is an accurate estimate or not remains to be seen. but when I do receive it, I am gonna make 1 really great steak (porterhouse, natch), with sauted mushrooms and onions. At least, I am calmed down for now. Oh, while I am still in a good mood, here is my 1st ORIGINAL MORON joke of 2013. Why did the moron buy a can of ALPHABET soup? BECAUSE, his parents refused to support him. they chucked him out saying: Go out into the world and MAKE A NAME FOR YOURSELF! FF
Old 04-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hahahahahahahahahaha!....i'm laughing now that your healthcare and pension appear to be straightened out...you didn't think i was laughing at that joke, did you???

hmmm, we don't seem to be picking up any new blitzers...the candidates probably read ff's jokes and my cannibal discussion and headed for the hills!...
Old 04-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks you two for scaring all the lurkers away! lol

I am having better luck sticking with very low carb the last few days. Nothing on the scale yet but mainly I am eating ham from all the leftovers from Sunday and free lunch tues. All the wraps did not get eaten and the innards are still in good shape so I am still eating them like a ham salad. Carbs are still probably 30 something and will probably stay there until I switch to ground beef in a day or so.

Am making cream cheese muffins which I have heard about for years but never tried them before. Taste very close to cheesecake for me. 2 carbs per muffin approx.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...e-muffins.html

I have been making only 1/2 the recipe and have been using truvia instead of splenda for the sweetener. I saw one tweek where they added shredded chicken, hot sauce and cheddar cheese instead of sweetener and vanilla and called them buffalo chicken muffins. mmmmmm

FF, sure hope those two checks arrive next week and you can dive into that steak with mushrooms. You sure deserve a big treat!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:59 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
Oh, while I am still in a good mood, here is my 1st ORIGINAL MORON joke of 2013. Why did the moron buy a can of ALPHABET soup? BECAUSE, his parents refused to support him. they chucked him out saying: Go out into the world and MAKE A NAME FOR YOURSELF! FF

That was "idiotic" Very funny!!!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

oooo Abi you will love the muffins!!! I found them to be awkwardly spongy at first, but then they super grew on me. I used sweet n low for the sweetener. Sometimes I get the flavored liquid stevia so I'd be curious as to how that might work too. It's expensive so I don't splurge on it too often. Please let us know how they turn out!

FF- I don't like pigeons either. I can handle a few pigeons, but when they swarm together, I freak out. Glad everything sorted out quickly and you did not have to do battle!

American Idol was pretty good last night. It's clear which ones will stay and which are going home soon. My money is on Kree to win. I think Amber, Kree, and Angie will be in the top 3. I don't like Amber though. She's got a powerful voice, but I don't see any dynamics with it. It's the same sound just either quiet or loud, but not a lot of variety. Especially with her singing Heart, I don't think she came close to doing it justice. Same for Angie this week, good job, but the song is a little too big to be sung by anything but a legit powerhouse.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #17

got a phone call this a.m. from the union

they are sending me forms to fill out. when i get them filled out, i will overnight them to make sure they are breceived and processed tout suite. time marches on. i better get the 1st check retroactive to March, or there is litigation in my future. Meanwhile, I am making some peppermint tea to combat the nausea derived from these circumstances. FF
Old 04-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, that really sucks and must have been awfully stressful - i was getting stressed way over here!...keep us posted...

britt, thanks for the AI recap - i haven't been watching, but i agree with your top 3 picks...i think all three will have good music careers...i really liked amber's voice, but i haven't heard her songs the past few weeks...

abs, happy you are "in the LC zone"...

i had a good day:
b: skipped
l: 1/2 banana
d: grilled steak tips

tomorrow i am having a tree company coming out to take a few trees down and trim some others...we live in the woods and i hate cutting down trees, but some are dying and crowding out others, so it must be done...

hope everyone has a great night!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 04-05-2013, 01:07 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

I learn new things everyday working with 20 year olds. Some stuff I'd rather not know! lol Last night 3 of them drove to Springfield for a foam party. A week ago I had never heard of one. Apparently it is a huge dance where they spray foam on you as you dance. The pictures they posted looked like they were having a blast. One girl on my team asked for the day off today. We are betting the other one will call out.

Tonight after work I will drive to Brattleboro for my brother's art show at the Latchis Theater. The other paper in town had the same write up as the former one but this one had a photo of one of his paintings. The photo showed "Moonlight on Bisson's Barn". We lived three years in Barre, Vt when we were young and the Bisson's were dairy farmers who lived next to us. I will post picture at the bottom. My two sisters are going to be there too so it will be a fun reception.

Had the last of the free wraps without the wrap yesterday, two cream cheese muffins,some pork rinds, coffee with cream and then fell off the wagon a little last night. Not going to post my carb numbers.

Back on the wagon today I hope. Have a wonderful Friday all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bisson's Barn.jpg (48.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #20

the latest episode....

i called back the person with whom i spoke 2 days ago. she confirmed that i do not need to fill out any papers, and that the process should be finalized in a week, as she told me on Wed. As far as the medical coverage, the worst thing will be that i may have to postpone my podiatry visit till later in the week. As far as food goes, I will probably limit it to house special soup today. Not very hungry. Looking forward to the Met broadcasts, as they will be doing Wagner's Ring Cycle the next 3 Saturdays, and 5/11/13.
That will really make me feel better. FF
Old 04-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #21

the latest episode....

i called back the person with whom i spoke 2 days ago. she confirmed that i do not need to fill out any papers, and that the process should be finalized in a week, as she told me on Wed. As far as the medical coverage, the worst thing will be that i may have to postpone my podiatry visit till later in the week. As far as food goes, I will probably limit it to house special soup today.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, thanks for sharing that TWICE!...but seriously, that whole mess is enough to give you heartburn or worse!...

britt, who got voted off last night...

abs, the painting is beautiful...you have a talented, artistic family, including you!...enjoy the art show...

marilee, what kind of day are you having?

today is a gym day, but i have the tree guys here and i can't leave them alone so it will more likely be a gym day tomorrow...which by the way is emmy's birthday...she turns 22...she want to go to wright's farm restaurant in ri tomorrow for dinner so we will do that...now my 4 oldest are 28,26,24 and 22...
Old 04-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Burnell got sent home last night. I thought he was a sweet kid and I liked that he was from New Orleans. In a strange twist Lazaro (the guy with the stutter) was in the top 3! He'll likely be next to go now that it's getting down to the wire.

Still off whatever food wagon I was trying to climb on. But yesterday I found a recipe for chicken spaghetti. I ate it at a friends house when I was 13 and got the recipe from her mom, and I used to make it all the time at home when I was younger (I started cooking very early in life). But then I lost it! I think because at a point I had it memorized and didn't need it on paper. So I haven't made it in possibly 10 years or more? Found it. Made it. And it's every bit as delicious as my memories said. bad that I ate it, but good that I didn't have room for very much. Boy enjoyed as well.

Around 11pm last night, boy comes Frankenstein walking out of the bedroom, all clompy feet like he just learned how to walk. I said "hello" several times and got no response, so, SleepEating. I continue watching my movie in the other room while Boy proceeds to gnaw on a piece of fried chicken. He must have woken himself into awareness at some point because after he was done with the chicken, he sat down on the couch fully coherent and asked, "Do I do this so often that you ignore it now as if it's just a normal thing in our house?" I said, "yes."

At least every now and then I can get away with eating the last of something. If he asks if I ate it, I easily blame the sleep eating and he doesn't put up much argument. But I don't use this special power often...

Happy Friday All!!! I'm happy for the weekend and catching up on this weeks TV
BlondieBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

britt, that is soooooooo funny! :-)
Old 04-06-2013, 01:46 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my gosh Britt, love that super power you have. lol I could just picture boy clomping out to the kitchen. Hope he washed the grease off his fingers before he got any on the couch. Those sleep eaters don't have the best of manners.

Brother's art show was very nice. I will post a couple of pictures. I had forgotten how neat this movie theater is. I had not been in it since we had moved to Alabama over 30 years ago because we don't ever go to the movies. The ceiling is very dark blue with the astrological signs painted on it in gold. The walls are painted with ancient Rome buildings and characters dressed in togas. It is a little worse for wear and they are trying to raise money for new seats. The old seats look wonderful to me. Brought back memories. Old faded rose velvet but really in tatters. My brother will give a donation of a percent from any sales he gets. Two paintings for sure were purchased last night. The barn painting was one of them.

Eating wise yesterday was pretty good. Under 20 carbs for sure. Will try hard again today. Ground beef is thawing now on the counter. I always have the best losses with beef over chicken.

FF, we are all on pins and needles hoping they are not giving you a run around on getting those two pension checks next week. A shame you have to put the podiatrist visit on hold. Those poor feet.

Tony, how long does it take you to drive to Rhode Island? How was the dinner? Did some of your relatives from down there come to dinner too? Hope the trees came down without a hitch!

Will check back later to see what Vicki and Marilee have been up to. Have a great Saturday Blitzers!

brother and wife---- panels all around the walls with lights on the paintings ---- and two sisters
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (45.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (50.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (30.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (35.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (44.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 04-06-2013 at 02:28 AM..
Old 04-06-2013, 05:39 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, wow, that is a very cool old theatre...isn't it amazing how much pride and detail went into building these places in small towns all over this country?...congrats to your brother!

we are driving to ri today as it's emmy's b-day...it's about an 1:45-2 hour drive...not sure if any of my siblings will make it as it was such short notice, but a few of my cousins and aunts are planning to join us, so that will be nice...em wants to put some flowers at my mom's grave down there before we head to the restaurant - they were very close, so that is cute...

the tree work was awesome!...i almost cried when they cut down the big maple next to the front of the house but it was dying...i had them leave the stump about 4-feet tall and we will use it as a shelf for a planter or birdbath...then there were some really cool hollow pieces of the trunk that we kept to make planters and we kept some sections to use as stools around the fire pit i am going to build once the hot tub is in place...

the yard is still full of trees but we notice a positive difference where they thinned them out and trimmed some dead wood and branches etc...it looks great!

i will have a big meal of roast chicken tonight so plan to eat very lightly during the day...i have been overdoing it in the yard and i was more sore yesterday than i have been any day since surgery...must be using muscles i don't use at the gym - although i don't know how that is possible...i have to decide whether to hit the gym today or make it a three-day break and go tomorrow...i will let you know what i decide as i know you all will be on the edge of your seats! :-)

hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by tony8; 04-06-2013 at 05:41 AM..
Old 04-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #27

quite becalmed today.

too much so. Fortunately, today is Interstellar iced coffee day. I will be taking advantage. Finally caught up on all your posts. I am over-awed. As soon as DAS RHEINGOLD is over, I am going to SHOPRITE to fill up on liquids(non-alcoholic...sigh), and Krill oil capsules. Much better absorbtion than regular omega 3 capsules. If they are out of them, I can always eat a whale, and get the krill indirectly. FF
Old 04-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everyone. I need to get caught up on posts. I'm waiting for a call from my sister..my 99 year old father fell last night so hard that he put a dent in the garage wall.....lots of bleeding. The people he live with came home and found him. I'm assuming he was unconcious as they thought he had died. They were going to run tests to see if he had a stroke or just lost his balance. Anyway, my sister is on her way to the hospital to assess the situation and she'll let me know. I'm glad she's a nurse.

For good news - I've been on plan for a little over a week now - very faithfully - and I've lost 10 pounds. Yep, some of it was water, but some of it isn't....I'm determined to make it through the weekend without going off plan. I usually blow it on the weekends, but I'm weary of losing the same 10 pounds over and over again.

I'll touch base later. TTYL

Marilee
Old 04-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Marilee, so sorry to hear about your father's fall. I hope and pray he will be ok. Keep us posted.

I am thrilled you have lost 10 lbs. Know that frustration of losing the same pounds over and over.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:13 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Did pretty well keeping carbs to under 20 grams yesterday but no loss on scale yet. I guess I will have to keep an eye on carbs and calories today. Tony, I "think" I will have bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast at the Backside today. Hope you, Emmy and the family had a nice dinner last night.

I'm looking at oldest grandchild's prom pictures this morning on FB. If I can't be there in person at least FB helps me feel like I was.

Started listening to one of Gary Taubes "Why We Get Fat" videos on youtube yesterday. I still want to buy the book "Why We Get Fat". May just order it as there are no big book stores close by.

Have a great Sunday all! Will come back later to see how everyone is doing today.