Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 02:12 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Well, Monday morning and I am trying to get re-motivated to fast today. I have packed my coffee and a bag of bacon jerky. No eggs today.
3 tbl of cream for 4 cups of coffee during the day, the bag of jerky and 4 lemon bombs this evening will come to less than 600 calories. FF, always encourages us to eat the things that satisfy which will keep us going in the long run so today's plan fills that bill.

Marilee, glad you are back on plan and feeling good. I am anxious to have a good week behind me again.

Tony, how is the toe doing today?

FF, hope you can get out of the house for a little bit today. How was your last grapefruit yesterday?

Have a great Monday Blitzers!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2013, 04:53 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hi guys, just a quick check-in...sarah leaves this afternoon :-( wanted to try to post a photo of our family, taken at unh on saturday...be back later...

Seven of us.jpg

me, sarah, vincent, anthony, emmy, christopher, and dw (sue)
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Great looking family, Tony! Thanks for sharing.
Gibby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

thanks, marilee - you're so sweet...

well, it has quieted down here now after constant commotion for the past 5 days - i will miss it!...sarah is on a plane back to nashville, emmy is off to work and the older boys are off doing their thing after coming with me to the airport...

i had lunch with my 4 oldest kids - actually, it was a late breakfast - shaved steak and cheese omelet for me - we had very nice time...yesterday morning, we put charisse on a bus back to brooklyn - it was so nice to see her - and then it was just dw and me and all 5 of our kids for the rest of the day and night...we hung out on the deck for awhile and then took a drive to hampton beach and played frisbee...then we had dinner in southern maine at one of our favorite seafood restaurants...then we came home and all 7 of us had a good soak in the hot tub (my toe is better but i wrapped it up anyway)...then we watched a movie - silver linings playbook, which ant and emmy had not seen...it was soooooooooooo nice talking and laughing together all day - the kids are so close and it makes us so happy to see them all together...

so, it was a busy, fun, interesting weekend...i was mostly on-plan but ate a nibble of things like pasta here and there...i do not seem to binge anymore - but i give myself permission to taste various things if they really appeal to me...things like a couple of spoons of ice cream, or 1/2 a small crusty roll with butter, etc...i think the fact that i can have a nibble of stuff like that, has taken the forbiddeness out of it and seems to have stopped my urge to overdo it...i can't remember the last time i felt bad about losing control...

hope everyone is doing well...i missed you guys!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 05-20-2013 at 11:49 AM..
Old 05-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #245
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
shaved steak, Tony?

I had no idea Gilette opened a restaurant! I seem to be getting between 6-8 hours of shut-eye each day, but not in the correct order. Well, I will take what I can get. My soc sec benefit, should be in my account before Friday. I hope I can get to see the new ST movie this week. Nothing else new.Oh, my advice...stick with the small grapefruits. they are juicier. FF
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

ff, you are a hoot!...congrats on the ss check - did you straighten out the pension yet?...when do u expect that to get done?...

hey abs, how was the backstreet yesterday?...
Old 05-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Love the family photo Tony! You are a good looking bunch! I am watching the radar right now worried about my family in Missouri. That big line of red on the radar that just caused the Oklahoma tornado a couple of hours ago is inching toward them. They should all be home now and do have a partial basement. Hoping they will not have any bad weather.
Please keep that whole Joplin/Carl Junction area in your thoughts this evening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Katherine's graduation.jpg (44.4 KB, 4 views)
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

I meant to post this photo too of daughter and family.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wilson family on graduation day.jpg (76.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

thanks, abs...you have a beautiful family too - those are great pics!...you have to be brave like me and get in one of these photos! :-)
Old 05-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

sheesh abs, hope those tornados don't get anywhere near your family...what a tragedy in oklahoma...i'm waiting to hear from friends i have out there...
Old 05-21-2013, 12:57 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

I stayed up until 8 until the the storm line had pretty much passed the Joplin area. Family stayed in the basement until it was all clear. I am so thankful they are all ok. Tony, I hope that all your friends are fine too. I have seen alot of footage of tornadoes touching down but never have seen it happening live like we watched yesterday afternoon. So horrendous and devastating.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Today is a feast day for me after my fast day yesterday. We will have free lunch today which will be deli meat, cheese etc. to make your own sandwich. I will do some meat and cheese roll ups minus the bread. Hope to do another fast day tomorrow. They say it gets easier as time goes on. I do feel better about myself after a day of eating less than 600 calories. Overeating has always been one of my compulsions and just a plain old bad habit too.

Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!
Old 05-21-2013, 03:44 AM   #253

tony, what a beautiful family pic.

if that does not say AMERICA, I do not know what does. There is nothing I can do about the pension. If I do not see any pension $$$ by June's end, I will have to litigate. I just need to get through today and tomorrow, weatherwise. It turns a little cooler on Thursday thru Memorial Day Weekend. I do count my blessings that so far, NYC has not have to deal with tornados. There are so many different parts of the country that I could never live in, owing to perpetual heat(south of the Mason-Dixon line), hurricanes (the gulf states), tornados(the plains states), and earthquakes (west coast incl Alaska). At least in NYC, I still get 6 months a year that are cool to cold. I hope I make it out today. FF
Old 05-21-2013, 05:37 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

ff, thanks for the kind words...it was MUGGY over here yesterday afternoon - i was sweating while cooking burgers and dogs on the grill...i feel very lucky to have been born in new england - it suits me...i love the whole country - it's so beautiful everywhere, and i could live in many places, but i prefer new england to be my home...the weather, education, politics, the OCEAN, mountains, water, no natural disasters really, ethnic diversity, wildlife, nothing poisonous or venomous - the list goes on and on...

abs, i am so happy to hear your family is safe...it has to be so stressful to receive a tornado warning and really know what that can mean...let's hope these storms stay away from populated areas for the rest of the season...
Old 05-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #255

i believe thought needs to be given to living

below ground. too many dangers above. The damage to property, and the loss of lives is too great. And, this is only May. I hope we all get a break from more of this weather. I have my fridge on the highest #, and the ice cubes are melting. I hope next year at this time, I can afford a new fridge at Sears (on sale) FF
Old 05-22-2013, 01:18 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

FF and Tony, did you have tremendous rain and thunderstorms last night? Hope it has cooled the temps down today. So hot and humid yesterday. Poor FF!

I used a slice of ham to make a wrap at yesterdays "make your own sandwich" free lunch. It worked fine. Just held it with a napkin and the stuffings stayed pretty much intact.

Fast day today and I am going back to 3 hardboiled eggs, 1 tbl of mayo, 2 tbl of cream for my 4 cups of coffee, I cup of lettuce, and 3 lemon bombs. So less than 600 calories. Will weigh in the morning and see what kind of damage I did last weekend when I fell off the wagon carb wise.

Wishing you all a great Wednesday!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:38 AM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

abs, i was asleep and dreaming we were having some tremendous rain/thunderstorm event - i think i kept barely waking and fighting to stay asleep...in my dream i could hear my son and wife talking, so i'm guessing that was happening in reality, although i haven't spoken to them yet...there was a banging sound from the rain that made me think it was hail or something...i'll have to check with them and get back to you :-)

ff, personally, i'd rather die than live underground, but i'll come visit and bring you canned goods if you decide to pursue this type of domicile :-)
Old 05-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

I for one am glad that the only thing I have to deal with living in Arizona is heat. No tornados, not hurricanes, no tsunamis, not earthquakes, etc.

Have successfully been on plan for one whole day - starting day two today! Feeling energized and back to my old self after a horrible 5 weeks. I have finally decided that I am not going to settle with my life the way it is now - not able to move well, can't walk far, morbidly obese, etc. Whatever years I have left (I'm almost 65) I want to LIVE them and be happy and healthy.

I need to get to work so I'll TTYL.

Marilee
Old 05-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

way to go, marilee!!!...i've decided the same thing, which is what is keeping me headed to the gym 3 days a week!...as soon as i start feeling laziness creeping in, i remember what it was like not to be able to walk and THAT gets me moving :-)

as we've all talked about, it took us years to get to this point and it will take some time to get us to where we want to be...try not to look at the overall goal - that can be intimidating and seem impossible at times...maybe take it in smaller steps and set shorter-term goals - maybe something like 10 lbs. per blitz - that's less than a pound per week, but adds up to 40 lbs. per year, which would be great, especially if we don't gain it back...i've had 40 lbs. to lose for almost 3 years now and haven't gotten it done yet, but this is gonna be my year!...yours too!...let's do this, girl!...

and abi, thanks for setting a great example of determination, and ff for your unending persistence!...it's really helping me! :-)
Old 05-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You all inspire me!!!!!
Old 05-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #261

got out today for a few hours.

it was quite delightful. However, there is SOME bad news. Another Jewish deli bit the bullet. My(earth) mom used to like that place, so we went there whenever she visited. That aside, I had my once a month 2 scoops of pistachio in a waffle cone at Dunkin. I made it last 1/2 hour. I really enjoyed it. Then I got a 16 (or was it 20 oz?) diet coke with their largest cup full of ice, and poured the diet coke into it. that lasted over an hour. I sat on a bench reading, and miraculously, neither I nor anyone else knocked it over. Sigh, I ask for so little in life. Looking forward to the Memorial Day Weekend. The weather will be (for me) ideal. Friday through Monday are not forecasted to be higher than 70 degrees, and the morning hours in the 50s. Pity the same cannot be expected for July 4, or Labor Day weekend. I plan to be out tomorrow with the umbrella to B & N, but NOT that burger place. I got a smaller container of strawberries. There are not quite that many, but they are HUGE. Fruit is expensive. Berries (black, razz etc)are unforgiveably expensive. Mine are $2.99 the organic lb. I actually got my soc sec benefit a week earlier than expected. Another blessing to be counted. Earth bro and sis-in-law cancelled the June Vegas trip. He will have the thyroid procedure instead. Makes sense. Perhaps we will all go together next year. Let us hope all goes well with the procedure. FF
Old 05-23-2013, 12:57 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

FF, what a wonderful day you had. The simple pleasures are what it's all about. Hope your brother's thyroid procedure goes well too.

No weigh in today. I got derailed from my fast day yesterday when they had food at work again for some odd reason. Then when I got home I ate carby stuff. So will try again today to keep calories under 600 and maybe a weigh in tomorrow. I have a 4 day weekend starting tomorrow. We were given the option of working or not tomorrow and I said I would but after all was tallied at the end of the day only two of us said we would work. That didn't make sense so we both said we would take the day off too. I have plenty to do to get ready for the kids coming here July 1st so the day won't be wasted.

Marilee, glad you are feeling energized. Those bad days and weeks are behind you. You inspire us also! It took 3 weeks for that hip of mine to stop hurting and I am pretty sure it was inflammation from eating carbs. I need to keep that in mind when I am tempted.

Tony, I wish my persistance was not so topsy turvy but here I go again! lol Ten pounds a blitz would be wonderful at less than a pound a week. Let's start today!

Have a great Thursday everyone!
Old 05-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

ff, hope earth-bro's thyroid issues are resolved quickly and painlessly! :-) i'm proud of you for getting out and about!...happy you enjoyed the pistachio - as you know, it is one of my favorites...since when do they have ice cream at dunkin donuts?...guess i haven't been there in years...

abs, have i commented on how beautiful your family is?...they ARE so CUTE!...good luck on the fast today...that 4-day-weekend sounds wonderful!...enjoy it!...i'm curious - what are you gonna prepare so far in advance of the kids' visit?...

good day today - loosened up in the hot tub, then went to the gym, then worked...
b: eggplant
l: roast chicken
d: wings?

all is well here...lots of work to do at the building this weekend - we may try to get to maine if the weather is nice, but that's a long shot...let's all have a great weekend!
Old 05-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #264

some Dunkins are paired with Baskin Robbins.

we are gonna get more precipitation all the way thru Sunday morning. But the temps stay low. Mon itself will be dry. But all that can change from day to day, even hour by hour. I did not make it outside today. Perhaps tomorrow. FF
Old 05-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm here and I've been reading your posts. Nothing to report. Looking forward to a 3-day weekend.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

hi marilee!!!!...don't bump into any cacti in your birthday suit - that's the only advice i have today :-)
Old 05-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, if I doing that would deflate me, I go BAN all over the dang desert!
Old 05-24-2013, 01:29 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

LOL Marilee!

Had one of those sleepless nights for some reason last night. Maybe because my fast day ended in failure and my body was rebelling! Trying again today. I love the feeling of having a couple of days a week that gives my body a break from having to digest all day. I have a 4 day weekend starting today so maybe today I will have a good low calorie day. I will check back later to see how everyone is today.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:16 AM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

hahaha, marilee, me too!...

abs, good luck with the fast today - you have done great with the fasting, but if it keeps derailing you, you may want to rethink it and try something else for awhile...i have found that "plans" are like leftovers - after a while they don't taste good anymore...you may be reacting to the deprivation of this plan and need a break from it...

off day from the gym today...off to work - i will check back later...let's all have a GREAT day!
Old 05-24-2013, 05:27 AM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Well, Tony, I am starving right now and having my second cup of coffee with 1tbl of cream. We'll see how that helps. I am not ready to give up on the 5:2 plan just yet. It's just when I fall off the wagon I have a hard time getting back to any plan whatsoever. It is part of my compulsion or whatever my problem is.

I have been busy cleaning and have made a grocery run so far this morning.

Tony, you asked what I had to do to get ready for the kids in July. Well, it has been two years since they have been here. At that time we had an extra bedroom with no furniture in it. We just put four blow up mattresses on the floor. This time around there is furniture in it so that won't work. Over our garage is a small apartment with bathroom, kitchenette and living room. We have been using that space for storage since we don't have an attic or basement. So that is where I am doing some major work!