Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 02:38 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
FF, yes, getting out of the house is a great way to resist temptation. I agree with you about hoping Tony can get his leg situation fixed quickly!

Well after my 1st fast day of the week of about 565 calories I am down another 1.2 pounds! I really thought the best I could hope for would be to maintain my 4 pound loss from last week. So that is 5.2 down since the start of the 5:2. lol But actually I was a 4:3 last week. I'll see after my second fast of the week on Wed. if I will go for a third day of fasting. I do think the trick is to get your calories up some on the feast day.

We are having pizza again on free lunch day today so I will do like last week and have the tops off two slices. They are loaded with cheese and the meat lovers has ham, ground beef, pepperoni and sausage on them so very high calorie.

Marilee, this is the same program as you saw on PBS. Dr. Mosely's program in the book "The Fast Diet". I think most people that I am reading about are eating what they want while fasting and feasting. I am sticking to low carb because in my book that is the healthiest way to eat. I think you lose quicker this way too because you are not fighting your insulin levels on the feast days.

Hope you all have a great day. Will check back in after work to see what everyone is doing today.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
please remember, it is NOT about QUICK weight loss;

it is about PERMANENT weight loss. I had a lovely portion control episode today. It was not low carb, that begins tomorrow. I had a chicken roll at a pizza place at 11:30am with a diet coke. When I ate the 1st half, I realized, i did not want the 2nd 1/2. I almost ALWAYS eat everything in front of me, low carb or not. I was not deprived. I finished the 2nd 1/2 just moments ago. I CAN win if I stay conscious. Now for the DEMENTIA DU JOUR moment. I had some scratch cards to cash in ($14.00 in winnings). The man handed me back the cards, saying there were NOT winners. The winning cards were and are 1 meter to the right of my laptop. Well, I am committed-to AC on Friday. It is scheduled to be 4 degrees cooler on Friday, so I am going on Friday. Now for the money saving tip du jour. I bought 4 16 oz bottles of different flavors of diet Snapple. I will put one into a 2 litre container, adding water to fill it up to 2 litres. Then, I will fill a tall mug with ice cubes (before they melt in my freezer), and pour the diluted diet snapple. The more sweltering the day, the more refreshing it will be. I also got Luigi's NO SUGAR ADDED Italian ices. Each serving is 20 carbs total. I did not check the net carb count yet. It is not induction level, but I am not committing to induction level. Let us wish ourselves luck for a really productive Blitz. Although, I have not accomplished significant weight loss (having put back what I had lost), I have, by being conscious of the problem, avoided being a guest on that show which features 1,000 lb people. I CAN buckle the seat belt, and I am very pleased with that. FF
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
ff, good perspective - better to focus on the positive and there is plenty to be positive about!

abs, congrats on the new losses!...i'm so happy you have found a plan you can use to drop some quick weight...it is not an easy plan, so i respect your commitment, girl...

marilee, how are you kid?...hope the heat is letting up a bit - it's way too early to be in the 100s!...

well, i went to pt today and they are not sure what is wrong with my leg...they think i may be having problems with my muscles due to them shortening due to my workouts at the gym...they want me to continue at the gym, but want me to add more stretching...if it doesn't feel better in a couple of weeks, they want to see me again...they were so nice to me today - they spent about 45 minutes with me and refused to charge me for the visit...i gotta send them something - maybe an edible arrangement...

i will go to the gym tomorrow and do the best i can...i'm not willing to lose ground that i've worked so hard to gain, or to baby myself...the hot tub deck is almost done and the tub is supposed to be delivered on thursday morning and we may be able to use it before the weekend is over if i can get the electrician out here...i'm hoping the warm water massage therapy may help my leg too...we'll see! :-)

hope everyone has a great tuesday night!...hey brittany, get your butt back in here - we miss you!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:28 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, that makes sense about the shortened muscles maybe bothering your leg. Glad they said to stretch more but keep going to the gym. That hot tub has got to help too.

Thanks also for the support of this new approach I am trying to get this weight loss jump started. Fast day today so I will weigh tomorrow and see how I am doing. There are some interesting studies going on about intermittant fasting helping with longevity too.Mark's Daily Apple

FF, your recipe for making your snapple water drink is a great idea. Also waiting for the coolest day of the week to go to AC makes sense too.

Marilee, try to remember that freezing week you had back in the winter as the very hot weather settles in. Hot is better than cold for you - right?

Have just boiled some eggs and need to finish brewing some coffee to take to work. Have a great day Blitzers!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #155

it is great, Tony, that they gave you so much individualized attention,

& GRATIS. I am gonna go out now and STRETCH my legs. Couldn't resist, sorry. So glad, Abi, with your persistance. Try to make your plan as yummy as possible within the parameters of the plan. The more satisfying any plan is, the more likely you will stay on it. FF
Old 05-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Busy day today! I'm happy to report that I've been on plan now for 3 whole days and I feel so much better - most of it is psychological, I know.

Have a great evening - I'll catch ya tomorrow morning.
Gibby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, hope your fast-day is going along well - i am imagining it will get easier as time passes and you get used to the new routine...

ff, tell us about your walk...are your legs well-stretched?

marilee, this is about 99.9% psychological, i think :-) i'm proud of you for getting back on the horse so quickly with all you've been through...you are a strong person!

went to the gym this morning and did my full regimen - treadmill, elliptical and cycle and the weight circuit...i had no real problems except that i had to rest my hands on the treadmill rails to keep the muscle from spasm-ing or whatever it's doing...i didn't have to lean hard, just resting my hands on the rails seemed to be enough...i did some extra stretching too...

i've been reading about how much the hot tub helps with this kind of stuff...and the electrician is supposed to come out this weekend to hook it up...there's a chance it could be ready to use before the weekend is over...

took emmy and her friend out for lunch and swapped cars with her so i could get her car inspected

today:
b: 4 oz. leftover baked haddock
l: 2 eggs, bacon, 1/2 slice whole wheat toast
(yes, i had breakfast for lunch and vice versa :-)
d:???
Old 05-02-2013, 02:45 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, doesn't it lift our spirits to be on our plans. Love it when that psychological switch gets turned on!

FF, I like your advice about keeping the food yummy. I will try to do that on my feast days so I can look forward to them! I am having the rest of the hot wings and a salad with creamy Italian dressing for lunch.

Tony, my recipe is the lazy man's hot wing recipe. I take frozen wings and steam them for about 10 min. and then bake them for about 40 min. at 450. When I take them out I baste them with Frank's wing sauce.

Tony, it sounds like you had a very good day. Funny about the meal switch. Sometimes we just crave foods at odd times or it is just convenient to grab the leftovers and not have to prepare something.

Yesterday went well and weigh in this morning I am still holding on to the 5 lbs. lost. Today will be regular low carb and will try to get the calories up to at least 1500. Tomorrow another fast day. Yes, it gets easier especially because I don't mind eating the same stuff over and over and don't have to decide every fast day what I'm going to have.

Hope you all have a great Thursday Blitzers!
Old 05-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #159

good for you, gibby...but....

your feeling good is not merely psychological, but biochemical. that is the purpose of a weight loss plan, whichever one you choose. of course there is the psych as well, fortified by the pride of success. Just keep at it. As for my walk, I am shaggers, which is good. If I persist, and I will),in a month from now, i shall be doing miles, not just minutes. Now, let us pray that I get to the bus tomorrow a.m. ON TIME. I just got a haircut. But there was a problem. When I went inside, the barber asked me: "sesame, garlic, onion, or everything, and how many"? I walked into the BAGEL SHOP, not the BARBER SHOP. So much for my DEMENTIA DU JOUR moment. FF
Old 05-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

haha, ff...i think your nose brought you to the bagel shop!...happy to hear you are walking, but not overdoing it...if you build up to the point where you can walk even just a mile a few times a week, and do that for awhile before amping it up, it will make a big difference...remember: the only thing worse than being sedentary, is being sedentary and injured! :-)

abs, congrats on holding onto the losses!...nice job...hope you are enjoying your "up" calorie day today...so, what's new at the wax museum?

the hot tub was delivered today - it is set in place and filled with water...hopefully the electrician will get the power to it by saturday, so we can start filtering and heating the water...i left the hose on, filling the tub, while i went to pick up emmy's car and when we got back it was overflowing...500 gallons!...i have great well water but if it runs for a long time, i get sand and sediment in the water - we have a sediment filter in the house that takes care of it, but not outside through the hose, so the tub water is all clouded with fine sediment...hope that doesn't mess anything up...

we took one of the railings off the deck today, and now we can climb right into the tub from the deck - it's only a few seconds from the kitchen door, so it should be nice...

b: 2oz. baked haddock
l: skipped
d: leftover ribeye steak sauteed in mushrooms, onions, garlic and evoo...

marilee, how are you today?...

brittany, get your butt in here! :-)
Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #161

i am going to bid online for Frank Costanza's cabana wear...

and i'll be right over. what a way to de-stress-a hot tub. can u bring the temperature down during the hot weather? FF
Old 05-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, i've only ever been in a hot tub the times i was lucky enough to stay at a hotel that had one...i grew up running through sprinklers, so this is way out of my league, but i decided to splurge and i'm gonna try to enjoy it...i'll let you know how it works out...when you get your swimwear, come on up and we'll celebrate festivus...haha!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clanger
Stats: 5' 0" Size 22 / Size 16 / Size 10
WOE: Targeting (70/25/5) ratio
Start Date: Restart: 31st August 2012
Hello everyone. Can I re-join the challenge? I've fallen off the wagon big time , but have just about crawled my way back on , and need a bit of a leg up to stay on board .

Tony8 - loving the new avatar! What's this I hear about a hot tub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Busy day today! I'm happy to report that I've been on plan now for 3 whole days and I feel so much better - most of it is psychological, I know.
Well done, Gibby! Getting through Day 3 seems to be a bit of a watershed - as well as the psychological aspect, I guess it's the day when all of the cr*p is out of our systems, and we can start to feel the benefits of our healthy eating?
clanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:30 AM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey clanger!!!!!...let me be the first to welcome you back while abi does her hair and makeup...haha!...we've missed you since you fell off the other edge of the pond!...i'm gonna post this before abs beats me to it...be back later!
Old 05-03-2013, 02:03 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Hair and makeup done. Can't believe you beat me here Tony. What are you doing up so early?

Clanger, welcome back. We will be glad to give you a leg up! We all have had our struggles this year but we are on a positive track now. I am doing the UK famous 5:2 right now but actually I am doing it 4 days feasting and 3 days fasting. So far I have lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I am eating low carb and only weighing after fast days.

Today is my last fast day of the week and I will have 3 hard boiled eggs, 1 Tbl of mayo, 1 tbl of coconut oil, 2 tbl of cream, several cups of coffee, 1 cup of lettuce. It comes to about 565 calories. Then I will eat about 1500 the next 2 days until fast day Monday.

Tony, we used to have an indoor hot tub in our basement in one home in Alabama and I did the same thing once letting it overflow. Not 500 gallons though. lol But better to have that happen outdoors than indoors!

We are busy cranking out the candles at the wax factory. Busy Busy

FF, good going on the walking and like Tony says, don't overdo it.

Running late on fixing lunch and other duties. Have a wonderful day Blitzers and so glad to have Clanger back!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Yea, Clanger is back! Cheers!!!!

Please never leave because of falling off the wagon - I have so many bumps, bruises and scrapes from doing that, but this is a safe place with great medical services

ff, I would have said "all of the above" and been a happy bagel camper - I ADORE bagels, but alas, that is a rare treat now.

Tony, I'm jealous of you and your hot tub. That sounds so relaxing! Except her in Phoenix, I'd like a cold tub.....

Abi, good for you on staying on the 5-2 plan. I admire you!

I've lost 5 pounds since Monday - just by staying in plan. I know it's a fast loss after depression-eating, but it's a great motivator.

I'm doing better with the loss of my dad...the pain lessens everyday. Father's Day will proably be rough, as will Mother's Day, but time heals.

Have a great day!

Britt - where are you????? "Come on down".......

Marilee
Gibby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
hey clanger!!!!!...let me be the first to welcome you back while abi does her hair and makeup...
Thanks for the kind welcome... but I want to see you putting the effort in with full hair do and make up too, tony8 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
Today is my last fast day of the week and I will have 3 hard boiled eggs, 1 Tbl of mayo, 1 tbl of coconut oil, 2 tbl of cream, several cups of coffee, 1 cup of lettuce. It comes to about 565 calories. Then I will eat about 1500 the next 2 days until fast day Monday.
Oooh, do keep us up to date with how that's going, Abi! I've been thinking of doing something similar myself - since weekends always seem to be something of a 'feast' anyway ; I was wondering about making Wed / Thurs a 500 / 600 calorie 'fast' period.

Are you hungry on the fast days, Abi? Or does the ketosis mean it's not so bad?

I have to admit I was ready to gnaw off my own arm yesterday for some reason... I'd eaten my carefully prepared lunch of coronation chicken and salad by 10:30am ; and ended up at about 1,600 calories for the day - not ideal when I'm aiming for somewhere between 1,000 and 1,300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Please never leave because of falling off the wagon - I have so many bumps, bruises and scrapes from doing that, but this is a safe place with great medical services
Thank you, Gibby! It's good go be back.

I have to admit that I have some additional motivation this time as (I think) I'm going to India in 20 weeks... and it's really, really (really) hot ! Plus, I don't want to be that person on the long haul flight that everybody wants to avoid sitting next to because I'm taking up half of the seat next to me !

Great news on your 5lbs loss, Gibby!!!

For some reason I have a strange compulsion to download Hot Tub Time Machine this weekend...
Old 05-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

we have missed you, clanger - i forgot about your "quoting and response" posts! :-) will you be staying at the "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" in india?...sounds very interesting!

ff, i guess you can turn the heater off and the water will be closer to the ambient temperature...it has an insulated cover, so with the heater off, the water would be cooler than your body temp and feel refreshing...or you can set the heater at 85 degrees which is a warm but refreshing pool temp...

abs, the tub holds 500 gallons, it didn't overflow 500 gallons, but only because we arrived home before it could!

marilee, i'm happy to hear that time is healing your pain and that you are in the groove again!...we all do better when you are doing better...

the electrician confirmed he will be here in the morning, and once it is hooked up, i guess the heater can raise the temp 5-degrees per hour, so a sunday soak does not seem out of the question if everything works well...

Last edited by tony8; 05-03-2013 at 12:54 PM..
Old 05-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #169

clanger, you may have been absent, but certainly not forgotten.

very jealous that you are going to India. I am certain you will not put on weight when you are there(the heat always puts a damper on my appetite). Please keep us in the loop regarding your experiences there, and post plenty of pics. Namashkar! I have just returned from AC. It was as perfect a day as one can imagine. The weather was perfect (for me)-not hot, not humid. I did not even eat lunch, just coffee and a low carb muffin I brought with me. No, I did not win any money, but I did not lose either. I was down about $50.00 ($30.00 of which was theirs), then I hit for about $80.00 which incl the bus fare. I think I will try again in late Oct or early to late Nov.(assuming I am not homeless by then) FF
Old 05-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
i forgot about your "quoting and response" posts! :-)
I don't know what you mean !

Quote:
will you be
... will I be what?
Quote:
staying at the
... staying at the what?
Quote:
"Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" in india?...sounds very interesting
Oh, I see ! I hope it's not that dilapidated ... not sure what the plan is yet.

Quote:
the electrician confirmed he will be here in the morning, and once it is hooked up, i guess the heater can raise the temp 5-degrees per hour, so a sunday soak does not seem out of the question if everything works well...
Why does the mention of electricity and water fill me with a sense of trepidation ? I hope your electrician is fully certified tony8!!! Wear something rubber first time in, so you're earthed!

Your hot tub sounds fabulous - very relaxing and luxurious.

Let's have a hot tub party round tony's place on Sunday !

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
I have just returned from AC. It was as perfect a day as one can imagine. The weather was perfect (for me)-not hot, not humid. I did not even eat lunch, just coffee and a low carb muffin I brought with me. No, I did not win any money, but I did not lose either. I was down about $50.00 ($30.00 of which was theirs), then I hit for about $80.00 which incl the bus fare. I think I will try again in late Oct or early to late Nov.(assuming I am not homeless by then) FF
Well done on your planning ahead (taking a lc muffin) FF. I hope you are keeping well these days.

Well, it's a public holiday on Monday here in the UK (May Day); so it's a long weekend... and the weather is supposed to be good for once ! I plan on doing nothing more strenuous than sitting in my back yard, planning how to spruce it up with a new patio.

I'm going to a friend's house for dinner tonight - it'll be a fairly spicy curry - so that'll be fine as long as I avoid the chapatti, naan and rice. And I think I'll avoid red wine for once, and switch to gin and slimline tonic.

I've decided that I'm allowed to have alcohol once a week. Any more than that and I'm sure it makes me depressed!. I gave up for 3 months recently, and have to admit I felt much better for it, though my social life ended up being virtually non-existent. I think I might have another 3 months off in a few weeks (I have a lot of work coming up, so my social life will probably be impacted anyway).

What are folks' views on alcohol? Do you drink and still lose weight? I have to admit that I need to treat it somewhat with respect, as I can easily fall into bad habits and drink quite a lot if I'm not careful.

Last edited by clanger; 05-03-2013 at 11:17 PM..
Old 05-04-2013, 02:33 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Ha Ha Tony, sure glad it wasn't 500 gallons! How is your hip doing the last couple of days? Can't wait to hear the reports on how much the family likes the hot tub!

FF, your day in AC sounds like it was terrific and you even came away with bus fare! Good going!

Clanger, your trip to India sounds wonderful. I have never eaten any Indian food but do like a little curry in some chicken dishes. My 4:3 ( 5:2) plan is going well. I lost the 4 pounds the first week and another 1.2 this week. They say expect to lose at least 1 pound per week. What I like is that only weighing after a fast day I am not seeing those big up and down jumps caused by water retention. I also find that on my feast days I do not have the urge to overeat which has always been a big problem for me.

Marilee, it is a great motivator to lose that first 4 or 5 pounds the first week. Feeling upbeat is one of the best things about keeping with a plan. Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Going to try to think about what to pack for our trip to Missouri on Friday for oldest granchild's graduation from high school. They had snow yesterday. lol I am sure it is gone by now and temps are back up there. Usually I leave with jeans and a jacket and am in crops and sandels the minute I get there. Well, that is if they don't lose our luggage. The last two trips they did and they were two different air lines.

I will check back later to see how the gang is doing today. Have a great Saturday Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 05-04-2013 at 02:34 AM..
Old 05-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good to see everyone well and happy and posting!...i also forgot that clanger will beat abi on here most days now, since she has a 5 or 6 hour advantage...i'm happy that i'll have two posts to read many days when i get on here...

ff, congrats on the trip...sounds wonderful - wish i could have joined you as it sounds like a fun day!...

clanger, i feel better when i don't drink, so i limit it to when i'm hanging with my songwriting buddies and even then it might be 1 or 2 drinks...i try to keep it LC too...i LOVE indian food but i have no idea what i'm eating or how to order...ha!

abs, i was working outside all day today...spread two truckloads of crushed stone on the driveway - it looks so nice, and finished off the area around the hot tub - laying cobblestone and spreading crushed stone and laying a step of bluestone...very pretty and functional...the electrician hooked up the tub and it seems to be heating up and filtered out all the sediment quickly...it started at 54 degrees at 10:30 this morning and is at 90-dregrees now at 4:30...so it went up 46 degrees in 6 hours - that's pretty fast!...i'm gonna take a shower and hop in soon...i'll be back with a review!
Old 05-05-2013, 02:47 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

How was that first hot tub experience Tony? Heavenly? You sure did a ton of work getting the site prepared!

Marilee, how is your weekend going?

Clanger on the drinking and losing I drink merlot wine off and on and although it probably slowed me down some if I deducted the carbs for each glass (about 4 for a 5oz glass) and stayed under 20 total for the day I still lost. Right now doing my 4:3 diet I am not drinking any.

FF, are doing any strolling today? What have you been cooking in your new oven?

Yesterday as I was standing in the check out line looking at slim jim sticks to take in my carry on I noticed a small bag of bacon jerky! It was expensive but compared to trying to buy a fast food item at the air port terminals it was very reasonable. It has 260 calories and 3 grams of carbs in the whole bag and tasted great to me. Definitely am bringing a couple of bags with me.

Think I may have bacon and eggs for breakfast out today. lol

Will check back this afternoon to see what you all are up to today!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #174

alcohol is the readiest fuel in the pecking order of

which fuel gets metabolized 1st. ergo, before the body metabolizes any carb or fat, it will burn off the booze, thus slowing down the weight loss. Dr. Atkins did not prohibit alcohol, just that you wait for the 1st 2 weeks of Induction to be completed. He also suggested that if one cannot do that, that perhaps one has an additional problem. Alcohol was never a part of my life, as I limited it to special occasions only. My liquids of choice were milkshakes, no less a handicap. We must all make choices. In these times when we can all easily get blown up by a terrorist (happens all the time now), I for one want to leave this world with a smile on my face. But, endulging in my fave eatsin greater than moderate quantities, causes me to feel completely inert, both physically and mentally. As much as I hate the hot weather, I find my appetite diminishes (about late May through mid Oct. ) I hope that pattern gets rewoven soon. FF
Old 05-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, was it the backstreet or the country club?...i forgot you were headed to the midwest this week...that's awesome!...

ff, i think it's good news that none of us have EVERY possible vice!...i prefer milkshakes to wine as well, although i think wine is probably healthier (although i don't drink milkshakes for my health)! :-)

well, the hot tub works perfectly and i've been in it three times so far - yesterday afternoon, last night and this morning...i may go in again tonight...it is so nice, i feel a bit guilty...last night i was sitting in the tub, in the middle of the beautiful nh woods, looking up at a clear, starry sky thinking about how lucky i am, wishing my parents had been able to enjoy something like this...

i don't know if this makes sense, but for me, coming from a family that didn't have much, it feels uncomfortable to have anything nice...but it is really relaxing and is helping my muscles...

hope everyone had a nice weekend - let's rock this week, kids!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:23 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I sometimes have that sort of guilt feeling for the same reasons. I try to make do with what I have sometimes just to keep a lid on over comsumption. - but not enough I'm afraid. Just remember, the hot tub is a wonderful way to keep the family together, it is good clean fun, and it is good therapy for your hip! See, all guilt erased! lol

Today is the first fast day of my week and I have my two hardboiled eggs smeared with 1 tbl of mayo over 1 cup of lettuce all packed for 9am snack and 11am lunch. I eat 1 egg intact and the other I will chop up and eat with the lettuce. This keeps me full and keeps my energy up along with several cups of coffee but only 1 Tlb of cream in the whole container. Just can't to drink or look at black coffee. Last lonely egg with no mayo will be my supper probably with a can of diet soda.

Yesterday was Backside and I think we will continue to have Sunday morning breakfast there as we really like it.

I am half way packed. Temps will be in the low 70's and possibility of rain the whole time. Hope that it stays clear for the little ones soccer game on Saturday!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Last edited by Abigale; 05-06-2013 at 02:26 AM..
Old 05-06-2013, 05:36 AM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, that's the problem with any business that closes seasonally or even ones that aren't open all the hours of their competition: they run the risk of their formerly loyal customers developing new habits, like you did at the backside...that's why i made sure our lumber yard/hardware store was open 7 days a week and we were only closed 7 days a year...

and don't worry, they can't predict tomorrow's weather, let alone the weather 5 days away! :-) btw, i am soooo proud of you for what you are accomplishing with the 5:2 or 4:3 plan!

gonna head to the gym before i attack a full slate of work today...be back later...have a great day, blitzers!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

had a great workout at the gym this morning...leg bothered me walking in, but once i got warmed up and exercising, it didn't bother me at all...this can't be anything too serious...

came home and had 3 small cubes of cantaloup and three spoonfuls of greek yogurt with apple and cinnamon...i'm full now...not sure of the rest of the day's menu...

off to work - catch up with y'all later! :-)
Old 05-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

okay, this is three posts in a row for me - where is everyone? where is everyone? where is everyone?...i think there's an echo in here! :-)

had garden salad topped with egg salad for lunch and steak tips for dinner...

my brother called me this afternoon as he was driving from his home in rhode island to his friends' house in central nh...they invited me to play golf with them tomorrow, and i am gonna try to shuffle my day around so i can join them...i suck at golf, mostly cuz i hardly ever play (the exception is when my sons ask me), and had to give it up almost completely due to my hip...but i do enjoy it and can now at least give it a try...

tomorrow is an off-day at the gym so it will be nice to get some exercise if this works out...

how is everyone else doing?...
Old 05-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #180

just checking in. nothing much happening.

paying a visit to the hospital tomorrow, as that fellow will be there tomorrow. i need to know the status of my pension. if i get no satisfactory reply, i will consult the Stygian Witches (aka Graiai). All I need do is get possession of the one eye which the three of them share amongst themselves. That's the ticket! I played miniature golf last Oct. with my (earth) brother. It should have been a piece of cake, but the experience nearly crippled me. After a week, though, my legs thawed out, as it were. I hope I will be in better shape next Oct. I challenged (earth)bro to a rematch. FF