Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
My dad passed away this morning at 1:30. Thank you all of your thoughts and prayers. I'll touch base later. Going to get some sleep.
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Hey gang! I'm back! Thought I would have to get a new computer but picked up a $10.00 key board and I am back in business. Missed you all alot.

Marilee and Vicki, so sorry your poor father and grandfather is suffering like this. Will your sister be taking sole care of him or will he be in a rehab type facility?

Tony, hope you can find another excavator so you can have some with your (machine toy) They say the only difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys. lol

FF, I am so irritated with your financial situation. You should not be having to wait this long for your pension.

Will get back to you later. Need to get some things done around here!

Have a great Saturday Blitzers!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, Marilee, I was posting this as you were telling us about your Dad. So very sorry. ((hugs)) to you and Vicki.
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
oh marilee, i am so so sorry to hear about your dad...there are no words that are adequate, so i will just tell you that my thoughts and prayers are with you and i'm here if i can help in any way...
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Been going through some issues with the "new" house we moved in to. The sellers were not honest with the disclosures. My 99 year old grandfather also died early this morning after falling last Friday night and breaking his neck. So, needless to say, food has not been top priority.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vicki, you have been going through so much. So sorry about your grandfather passing away so suddenly. Also that is a bummer about the house having some problems. We are always here for you.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #67
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
my apologies and gratitude to my HEWMON BLITZERS

apologies for being so self centered lately, and gratitude for being so patient with my vesuviations. Vicki, so sorry about your grandfather. We are all here for you in your time of grief. Well, 2 things will occur before April comes to an end. I am going to AC, come hell or high water, a negligible expense the way I do it. The 2nd thing is that I shall consume a really great porterhouse or t-bone, whether i have it in AC or cook it myself. I just finished listening to the Metopera broadcast of Die Walkuere. For my brief review check out the Playground. I am continually offering sacrifices to the computer god, to keep it from slipping into a virus. Later, HEWMONS. FF
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, so sorry to hear about your grandfather...give aunt marilee a big hug for me when you see her...

ff, no apologies necessary - you know that :-) hope you win 50 million bucks in AC and tell the union to stick their pension where the sun don't shine!

abs, so good to have you back - i missed you!...no excavator today, but i did yard work all day anyway...the yard is looking better than it has in several years - mostly owing to the fact that i can actually walk...had my grandfather's 1963 falcon towed to the building so that is out of the yard, so between the tree work and everything else, it is getting there...

weather is supposed to be nice this week, so i hope to get a lot more stuff done...

today, so far:
b: greek yogurt with peaches
l: ribeye steak on the grill
d: something light?

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 04-13-2013 at 03:00 PM..
Old 04-14-2013, 03:31 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, had just finished my post when they reset it like they do quite often at this time of day and lost the whole thing.

I will come back later when I have more time and see what you all are doing today. Thinking about having bacon and 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast. Hmmm?
Old 04-14-2013, 04:26 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

omg!..abi!!!...really???...scrambled eggs and bacon on sunday morning?...you are soooooo radical!...will you be switching to the CC soon?...

ds and his gf got each other the same gift recently - tix to see the book of mormon in boston - so they had 2 seats for both tonight and next sunday, and ds gave his extra set to dw and i so we are going tonight... we may grab dinner first...i haven't been to a play in years...it's supposed to offend everyone and be very funny, but nothing offends me, so i'll probably just be laughing all night...

had 3 ribeyes in the freezer and threw them on the grill last night and they were delicious...we never have ribeyes twice in the same week, but we did this week!

marilee and vicki, i'm thinking about you girls today...
Old 04-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes Tony, I am radical! Ha Ha. We have not discussed the CC yet. DH is supposed to go back to work there in May but I don't think he should be doing that kind of work any more with his disc problem. He is usually the one to get us motivated by bringing home one of their menus or letting us know when they are open for business. We really like the Backside but the view at the CC is lovely.

DH had the steroid epidural at Dartmouth on Thurs. So far the pain in his legs has subsided which was what was really bothering him but he has pain and stiffness in his lower back probably from the epidural. The Dr. said it could take up to a week to see how well this shot did.

I am sad this morning thinking of Marilee and Vicki with their loss.

FF, hope you get to AC soon. Will you walk the boardwalk and do a little gambling? I think you should have that steak right away. Tony had two this week. You should be able to have at least one! lol

Tony, hope you and DW enjoy the play.

Am hoping I will have at least a slight loss to report on weigh in tomorrow. I have been pretty good keeping my carbs low this week, maybe not 20 or under but good for me. I am off tomorrow for Patriot's Day. Not a paid holiday but glad to have a 3 day weekend.

Talk to you all later!
Old 04-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone. Thank you all for the kind wishes for Vicki and I on the loss of my dad - her grandfather. I finally got to sleep last night and have been napping today. Totally unmotivated. I'm taking tomorrow off so I can get some regular things done like laundry and grocery shopping. My company gives us bereavement time so I'm taking a day of it - my boss, who is also my friend, has been in touch with me and is very supportive.

FF, you don't owe us any kind of apology. Although I have never physically met any of you, I consider us all friends and we should be able to vent and be "real" with each other like friends do.

I'm popping out again...not much to report. I'm blowing my diet - my stress food of choice is pizza and ice cream and I had some yesterday and you know what? I don't care

TTYL

Marilee
Old 04-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #73

nice and cool inside today.

as a matter of fact, i am gonna have some hot flavored tea. would that it could be like this all year round. i may not wait for for the steak in AC. My next trip to Shoprite, I may get a pack of strip steaks. One alone, frankly, is not enough for me. FF
Old 04-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, if there was ever a time for pizza and ice cream, it's now...enjoy it without guilt, girl...and you are absolutely right - we are all friends...when you think about it, some of us have corresponded almost every day for 2 to 3 years!...i don't do that with anyone else...

now that i think about it, last sunday was my 3 year anniversary as a blitzer... :-)

ff, enjoy the steak - wish i could have shared my ribeyes with you...someday we will break bread together...

abs, have a great day off tomorrow...i'll keep my fingers crossed for your hubby's back...i have a feeling this is gonna really help him!...the play was good - we were in the last row of the balcony and it was pretty far away so we didn't catch every word or facial expression, but we enjoyed it...had a bite in the theatre district first - i had brick-chicken with veggies - not too filling and tasty...

see y'all in the a.m.!...
Old 04-15-2013, 02:43 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You know Tony, it is amazing how long and how often we all talk to each other! Much more than family members in my case anyway. When I was without a working computer this week I almost went into withdrawal. lol Glad you enjoyed your play and meal.

Marilee, pizza and ice cream are my comfort foods too. ((hugs))

FF, good for you treating yourself to a steak in the very near future! I have not had steak since probably last summer when we last grilled out. We don't eat out so ground beef is usually as close to steak as I get. Love it though! Rib eyes with lots of fat are my favorite.

Well, if I don't lose this post in the next 10 seconds I will post my weigh in loss. Down 2.4 lbs since we started this challenge on April 1st. Not down 5 but I am happy with it if it will just stick around!

Now I will post quickly and come back later. Have a calm and peaceful day friends!
Old 04-15-2013, 05:05 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

whatever happened to our friend from england?...her name is escaping me - she was originally from australia if memory serves me...very nice...we've had and lost some very nice people around here...i think it's ff's fault

abs, i gotta figure out how to get you a couple of ribeyes from the butcher shop over here...they carry a brand called "brandt" and it is unlike any steak i have ever had...the call it natural and corn fed, but i'm not sure exactly what that means, but it is the best...i'm gonna bring you and dh some when i make one of my trips out there...

btw, i went with my buddy to a dei-ish place in brattleboro - maybe vermont country deli - wow, was it good!...tried some pulled pork and a forkful of mac and cheese - it looked so good in huge cast iron skillets...ever been there?...

gym day today but i woke up with a very sharp wrist pain when i move a certain way...it may be the way i slept on it...i use my wrist a lot when i am lifting weights...hmmm...not sure how i will approach this at the gym - stay tuned!
Old 04-15-2013, 05:22 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, I have never eaten at the Vermont Country Deli. My niece and her husband stop there occasionally as they live almost across the street from it.

Yes, better baby that wrist today. It will work itself out during the day probably.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, i went to the gym and did my full workout and somehow the wrist didn't bother me - go figure!...when i turn it a certain way, i feel a sharp pain, but i think it is improving...

abs, that deli is take-out only, i think...they have some really delicious-looking stuff in there...if i lived across the street, i'd weigh 800 lbs...
Old 04-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #79

still reeling from today's terrorist event in Boston.

i feel awful for those directly and indirectly victimized by those explosions. regrettably, we as a people are not prepared for martial law. until we are, we may expect similar and worse episodes. I just had soup today, and water, and iced coffee. I spent the whole day in bed today. when i turned on the tv at about 4 pm, that is when i learned about the terrorist attack. I think tomorrow I will get out of the house for a little while. FF
Old 04-16-2013, 01:41 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a sad week this has been. I had gotten some pictures of the women's finish from a facebook friend I went to highschool with. When I heard about the explosions I went right away to my computer hoping to hear something from her. She and her daughter saw the explosions but were ok thank goodness. My heart goes out to all the people affected by this.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:51 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Holding on today to the 2 pound loss. Today is free lunch day but since we were off yesterday I don't know what it will be. Will bring a little egg salad and some pork skins just in case they are serving something totally carby.

Tony, glad your wrist didn't hold you back today! Niece's husband has had a real struggle with his weight but seems to have finally gotten a handle on it. She has put him on a couple of weeks of "juicing" ?? twice and now he eats paleo for the most part. Now Sunday it was french toast so he is still fighting the carb battle. He looks good though and has lost at least 30 pounds but stays away from the deli now.

Had a couple of hard boiled eggs with some mayo on them and a hamburger for dinner yesterday. Some peanuts while watching tv. Probably under 30 carb grams for the day.

Wishing you all a good Tuesday!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

new england has been hit pretty hard lately with these violent tragedies...it has always been a rare thing here, but i guess no place is immune...

abs, congrats on the 2 lb. loss - that's awesome!...i have forgotten to weigh before eating the past two days so i will try again tomorrow...

went shopping today and filled the carriage with healthy stuff...
Old 04-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #83

i got my nys tax refund.

a neglible amount. now i am waiting for my 1st ss benefit due allegedly before month's end. i will have to go to union headquarters to straighten out the pension and medical coverage snafu. trying to stay calm. congrats on the weight losses and gym sessions. i am going to my former work place for my ira administrator to fill in her portion, so that i can get some $$$ from my tax deferred plan. that $$$ was slated for when i turned 70. by then, my pension and ss benefit will have to be supplemented, as the cost of everything goes up exponentially. But, alas, I have to withdraw it now. Trying to do more fluids, and less solid food, these days. FF
Old 04-17-2013, 02:13 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FF, glad you are being proactive with your financial situation and have the option of getting some funds. Did you get any walking in yesterday? We had alot of rain for a short period in the afternoon here in NH.

Tony, do you get any remarks from the rest of the family when you show up with healthy food? Like,"where are the fruitloops and the twinkies?" lol

Glad I brought my egg salad yesterday. Free lunch was a kind of goulash mixture that you couldn't pick the meat out of.

Thinking of Marilee and Vicki this morning.

Wishing you all a calm and peaceful day!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all. I'm back. So sad about the bombings in Boston. I just don't understand the world we live in now. Why is there so much anger and hatred?

I got on the scale and I'm starting over AGAIN! Oh well, it could have been worse.

I'm back in the office. I had one more bereavement day coming to me, but I wanted to get back to my normal routine. I couldn't bear another day of sitting alone in the house.

I'll get caught up on posts and TTYL
Old 04-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, good to have you back...again, i'm sorry about your dad...

abs, everyone loves the healthy food - anytime there has been junk in my house, it was me bringing it in!...dw grew up in a home where they always ate healthy...my mil was ahead of her time :-) we ate healthy meals in my house growing up, but there were always cookies and chips around...i never had a weight problem, nor did my parents or siblings until i was in my early 30s and got so bogged down in my job that i skipped breakfast and lunch for 20 years and screwed up my metabolism...i'd eat one big meal for dinner - dw always made healthy meals but i'd be starving and ate a lot and did not make time to work out...so i ended up with metabolic syndrome...it was my own fault...

i think the fact that i was always in good shape and athletic as a young man, has helped me now in trying to get back in shape...it's a long road, but my muscles seem to remember the old days haha!

that being said, i am not losing weight...i weighed in at 226.8 today and have hovered between 224 and 228 since i started going to the gym...people keep saying i look like i've lost weight, but i know i am 30 lbs. heavier than i was when i used to go to the gym 24 years ago and there is fat around my waist...

i went to the gym today, and am starting to cut back on the number of sets in my weight training...still doing 2 sets, but now only doing the 12 reps they recommend, instead of the 20-30 i had been doing...hoping this will make me quicker, leaner and maybe less muscular...today was my 3rd day of the new regimen and it feels good...we'll see...
Old 04-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #87

i wish i had the right answers for you Tony....

but I am clueless. I hope your new exercise tweaking works. I am hoping that when i start getting out of the house more, the walking will help me. FF
Old 04-18-2013, 03:01 AM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I used to be able to lose 10 lbs in a month when I was young. I probably have lost 100 lbs in 10 to 20 pound increments over the years. My metabolism is pretty messed up too. Just trying to be sensible and lose 1 or 2 pounds a week now but it is VERY hard now to do even that.

Making some tuna salad to take for lunch today. I sort of crave tuna about once a week.

Marilee, glad you are back and hope the routine of being back to work helps get you re- motivated. I do much better when I am working. It takes my mind off of eating. lol

FF, today should be a good walking day don't you think? Don't over do it - you need to baby those feet. But just getting out for some fresh air would be great. Any coffee shops near where you live?

Hope you all have a good Thursday!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey ff, we're twins cuz i don't have any answers either! :-)

abs, we're twins too, cuz i had a salad topped with tuna for lunch... :-)

day off from the gym, but i go tomorrow...

today:
b: 1/2 apple
l: salad topped with tuna, evoo and balsamic vinegar
d: pork ribs (from a pig my sister raised and had butchered)
Old 04-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #90

Tony, did your sister give the pig a name?

i do not think i could eat a pig with whom i was on a 1st name basis. Stayed home today. I will be out tomorrow, barring the unforeseen. FF