Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 01:43 AM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Artemis, I too am up 2 sizes from my slimmest weight. It is discouraging and I worry so that if I don't get a grip soon I will be up to my high weight. Wishing you much success getting back to the smallest size by your birthday in Dec.! So sorry you started the day with a bad headache. Refresh my memory, are you doing research on auto immune diseases?

Marilee, I tried contacts once but never could be comfortable in them. Glad your Sunday was full of happy memories of your Mom and Dad!

Vicki, what a nice gathering you had. Good going on the no bread! Don't worry about the chips and dessert. You are back on plan and are seeing the results!

FF, glad the leg is feeling somewhat better and sure hope you get to see the man of steel movie this week.

Tony, amazing how far you have come since your surgery. Walking 4 miles per hour is very good! Glad you finally got your pool all cleaned out. What is the temperature of it now? Up to 70 degrees yet? lol

Today will be make your own sandwich day so I may bring a big lettuce leaf to make a wrap. Fasting was ok until I got home and then went down the tubes. We did inventory at the plant yesterday and it was not easy climbing under pallet racks trying to count pallets of mixed items. Dusty and spiders. ick! Next Monday my dept. will do inventory at the store. That will be alot more fun.

Have a great day Blitzers!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2013, 04:23 AM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/225.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey abs, i installed a heat pump pool heater this year and believe it or not, the water temp is 88 degrees...we will bring the temp down a bit as it gets warmer, but right now it feels wonderful and everyone is swimming, instead of just me...my youngest son calls me a penguin :-)

today, i have to run to the building to do a few things, but it is basically a free day...i got the invitations being printed at staples and they should be ready tomorrow - we will try to get them in the mail first thing thursday...

the food situation is shaping up...i wasn't really happy with any of the food we tasted - it was good but inconsistent, so i have decided to take another route...the plan now is for me to buy excellent meat from the butcher shop i go to - they are gonna sell it to me at wholesale - probably marinated steak tips and chicken and then my buddy from brattleboro will be my grillmaster - his catering company will provide the appetizers, serving utensils, coolers, etc. and he will bring some ribs to grill as well...i feel so confident having him handling this for me - he is soooo good at it...i was gonna hire a guy around here to grill but jamie said he would be insulted if i did that, so he's the guy...i wanted him to be able to relax and enjoy the wedding and he was balking at taking any money, but he convinced me he would enjoy it more if he could cook...then i will buy the sides from one of the bbq restaurants - potato salad, tossed salad, baked beans, etc...

lots more to do, but things are shaping up!...

let's all stay strong today and feel good about ourselves tomorrow :-)

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 06-18-2013 at 04:25 AM..
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #423
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Off track yesterday, back on today. What else can I say.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Thanks for all of the encouragement guys! If the biggest form of me knew the thinnest form of me back then she'd probably say calm down and get a grip and look at how far you've come. But Abi hit the nail on the head! What I worry about is if I can let two sizes come back, then what is next, 4 or 5 sizes and then more after that? It's certainly not hard to gain weight so it frightens me a bit.

Vicki, just hang in there and take one day at a time. We have all had our share of do-overs! Hey have you ever tried the alternate day diet or JUDDD? I just mention it to you because it works well for a lot of folks because it allows you to go off track, so to speak, every other day. It worked for me, but right now I don't have time for all the planning.

Tony, sounds like the wedding planning is coming along. All this talk about weddings is making me wish I was getting married
artemis19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #425
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i confess... i AM nuts....

pistachio nuts, of course. Gibby, NYC can be great IF you have the $$$ to do what you want to do. Years ago, it WAS possible even for the working class. Not anymore. I would love to be able to get away to the extreme north from Mem Day weekend through end of Sept.- Just a small 1 room cabin with kitchen and bathroom near the arctic circle. One must be a millionaire to do that. I would love to be able to run my AC when it gets hot in here (from June thru end of Sept. No chance of that. I must make do with what i have, and what i have not. FF
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:04 AM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh, had one of those almost totally sleepless nights. I think I only got 2 hours. It will be a long day.

Cutting back on the coffee today. None after 12 noon.

Tony, love the fact that your pool is heated up to temps that don't turn your body blue. lol

FF, temps turned a little cooler after the storm yesteday. How is your apartment today?

Artemis, what do you know about vit D and the treatment of autoimmune diseases? Just read a short blip on another thread this morning.

Vicki, glad you are back on track. Like Artemis suggested, if we could stay on track every other day and keep calories to the bare min. on the opposite day we would probably see some success. I just have trouble keeping my down or fast days down.

Wishing everyone a great Wednesday!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:22 AM   #427
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey blitzeeees!

abs, what kept you up?...hubby's back?...worried about the kids' visit?...did the backstreet run out of eggs?...omg, hope there's not a pork rind shortage in western nh!...whatever it was, i hope it's better today and that you are in bed by 5 p.m. :-)

ff, you need a budget! :-)

artemis, each of our bodies are different and yours may be happy, healthy and in equilibrium at a different weight than kate moss...an 8/10 is a very nice size to be...my daughter is a 12 and is an elite athlete, extremely fit and healthy...if she were a 6, she might not be any of those things...plenty of people get sick and lose weight, but as they recover, their bodies try to get back to their healthy weight...all of us here share the problem of having been too heavy at times...but just because you were, doesn't mean you are...so try not to judge your weight and goal by looking at what you were - look at how you are eating and exercising and how you feel and make the decision based on that...if you felt better physically when you were thinner, then try to lose some more weight, just don't judge yourself based on a weight you attained that may not have been your best weight...

okay, off to work...will check back later! :-)

Last edited by tony8; 06-19-2013 at 04:24 AM..
Old 06-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #428

rather warm up here today...

in spite of the low humidity. i am getting another box fan. summer begins very early on Friday. i would love to fall asleep on Friday, and wake up in Dec. That would be a blessing. Tomorrow, i am getting out of the house. Staying on the shady side of the street. FF
Old 06-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #429

i forgot to mention.

(earth)bro had the thyroidectomy Mon, and came home yesterday. All is well. I talked to him this a.m. Thank the Gods for that. FF
Old 06-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #430
Blabbermouth!!!

ff has Rumplestilskenitis LOL, don't know if that is spelled right, but, you get the idea. So glad your bro came through surgery ok.

Abi, I woke up around 2 last night and didn't get back to sleep. I am dragging now. Thank goodness it doesn't happen too often.

Tony, I like your idea for the food for the wedding. Sounds great.

so so with being plan today. It always seems to take a day or two.

I have been going to a therapist for about 8 years now and haven't felt like I have been benefiting recently. I pay my copay and we talk about her and sometimes me. More like friends than a professional relationship. I switched to someone else last week and have been to her 3 times now. My main issue: food, diet, weight and feeling inadequate = self acceptance and image. She is going to have me go to group therapy starting tomorrow night for 14 wks along with seeing her once a week. Hallelujah. I finally fee like this is therapy. I am tired of these feelings, thoughts and actions. I am 53 years old and want to feel somewhat "normal", whatever that is LOL.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
Old 06-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

you know what, vicki?...that sounds like a smart plan to me...please keep us posted on your progress and share what you learn that might apply to the rest of us - that way we will get some free therapy!... ;-) but seriously, i think it will help...

made bbq chicken tonight and it was soooo good!
Old 06-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #432

actually, i keep my hair very short now.

i may live on the top floor, but no can get a free ride. FF
Old 06-20-2013, 02:07 AM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Oh FF, ha ha. Thanks for the first laugh of the day.

Vicki, I'm with Tony. Share insights with us so we can get some free therapy. What makes someone wake up fully motivated, stay that way all day, and become crazy woman from 4 to 6? Wishing you the best success with this!

Tony, I do think the sleeplessness was subconsious worrying about all of the above. But what usually happens is I sleep like a baby the next night which I did (thank goodness). I suspect I will have another night or two before the kids get here. I keep lists of what needs to be done and what groceries I need to buy but the mind still works overtime. lol

Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall are in the area right now filming "The Judge". Alot of people at work have met Robert Downey Jr. They say he is very friendly and funny. Both have also eaten at our company restaurant "The Farm Table". Mainly they are filming in Millers Fall, Mass. The brother of a girl I work with took these pictures yesterday.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RDJ.jpg (55.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Robert Downey Jr..jpg (46.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-20-2013, 03:53 AM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, abs, that's really cool!...both actors are great!...i think robert duvall created one of the most memorable characters of all time when he played augustus mcrae in lonesome dove...my buddy is having a baby (boy) in december and named him augustus for that character!...

happy you slept well... :-)

gym this morning?
Old 06-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

In a super hurry so haven't had a chance to read all the latest posts. But, I wanted to stop by and tell you that I saw a super interesting article yesterday about people doing a vegetarian LC ketogenic diet. I realized that you could do vegetarian and Atkins because I've seen the threads. But I wasn't aware that you could really go into deep ketosis eating primarily vegetables. It's not that I don't like meat, but every time I try to go into ketosis for weight loss, I end up eating mostly meat and nothing else....which messes up my stomach tremendously and then I end up feeling sick and not sticking with it. Just the traditional Atkins-style or other LC types of diets do not really throw me into deep ketosis since my body is so resistant. I was wondering if any of you had experienced that. Anywho, I am thinking about trying the veggie ketosis diet for a few days. I love vegetables, always have them on hand, so what the heck?!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

artemis, i think you should give it a try and report back to us :-) i like meat too much to go vegetarian, but veggies are an integral part of my plan as, like you, i don't feel well after eating mostly meat for more than a few weeks...

i did go to the gym today but didn't have time for the weights, just the cardio, so i plan to go again tomorrow for at least the weights...

worked outside all day and got a good workout anyway...hope everyone had a good one!
Old 06-21-2013, 01:22 AM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Artemis, I don't know anything about veggie ketosis. Hope it works for you and agrees with you. Let us know what some of your meals are. I am interested in hearing more about it.

Glad today is Friday. The last few days we have been running some special orders for the UK. We should be back to normal schedule for today. Monday will be inventory at the store. I think that wil be fun.

Not much to report here. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #438
Blabbermouth!!!

OK weighed in, not happy 251.6 pfffft.

DBT skills training is the group therapy I am doing. You can google it to see what it is.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi all! I've been checking in daily, but haven't posted. Not much to say. I'm with Vicki - yuk! Can't seem to hit my groove. Going shopping this weekend so I'll fill the house with healthy, on-plan things to eat.

Have a wonderful weekend - happy summer!!!!
Gibby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

having a good day...got some important wedding things done...no gym but i will go tomorrow...

today:
b: 1/2 banana
l: salad w/evoo, balsamic vinegar and feta cheese
d: grilled steak tips and chicken...

they are on the grill now, so i have to run...will check back in a bit! :-)
Old 06-22-2013, 05:56 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

First day of veggie ketosis experiment, here goes nothing!!! Bought some stuff last night and I think I am excited to try it. It's the scientist in me LOL. I may end up eating some meat here and there too but we'll see how it goes.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:17 AM   #442
Blabbermouth!!!

Artemis, veggie ketosis??? I thought ketosis only happened with protein sources. It will be interesting to hear how this goes. Are you using Ketone sticks to measure your results?

Once again, I can say I am off to a good start. But, then again, it is ony 8:15 LOL. I had popcorn at the baseball game last night and finished off the day with Subway sandwich, half a bag of chips, and a bowl of cereal. I know, too many carbs. What can I say.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, it is 10 am and I am off to a good start too. lol I have been cleaning like a mad women with the kids coming next Sunday. Between now and then and working all week I doubt I will have the time or the energy. Not that anything is going to stay clean all week. Not with DH, the dog and two cats. Sigh

FF, will you get to see a movie this weekend? Nice air conditioned theater?

Artemis, what are you having to eat today? We are very curious!!

Marilee, happy shopping this weekend. Go with a full stomach, it always helps me to make the better decisions.

Tony, has that hip or leg jacking problem totally gone away?

Something odd happening with DH. After 6 months of leg pain, no good luck with the epidural on April 11th, two disks pressing into his spinal cord, he has had two nights and one day of no leg pain. I have my fingers crossed, and am knocking on wood that this will keep going for awhile.

Last edited by Abigale; 06-22-2013 at 07:04 AM..
Old 06-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #444

best of luck, Artemis...

my insides cannot handle all the roughage, else i would be joining you. i do love veggies! My fave Robert Duvall role was Tom Hagen in the Godfather movies. I would make a great Godfather. I never let the Mrs know my business. Not having a Mrs. sure helps. I started mourning yesterday owing to the beginning of summer. I pray for a cool summer, and a short one as well. Good luck to me. FF
Old 06-23-2013, 03:31 AM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Sunday all!

Planning on breakfast at the Backside - maybe bacon and eggs?

DH said his legs really hurt again last night so that is discouraging. Hoping that he will get some relief again soon.

Have a couple of projects planned for this afternoon. Need to wash the siding on the front of the house and clean the bird bath.

Will check back later! Have a great day all!
Old 06-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #446

gave myself a gift. i am running the ac today till nightfall.

it is gonna be the 3Hs all week long. May the Gods protect me. FF
Old 06-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, FF. Today started so nice, almost cool and now we have 3 ac's going great guns. It still feels hot in here. Can't imagine how hot your apt. is! So glad you have your ac going! Just stay in that chair right under it! It is 90 here right now.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys, it's been crazy around here as the wedding plans have kept me HOPPING!...all is coming together well...

abs, my hip and legs feel as close to perfect as they can for a 54 year old man...i had a great workout at the gym today - and then hit the pool for a couple of hours of swimming and water-resistance exercise...i am very encouraged... :-)

sorry to hear dh's leg started bothering him again...hope he finds relief soon!...how were the bacon and eggs?...

ff, sorry for your summer blues...wish you had a better way to stay cool...it was so hot in here tonight - about 80 and MUGGY - i have a room a/c that rolls around and vents out the window and i have it blowing on me right now or i would suffocate...the next 2 days are supposed to be in the 90s - i am not looking forward to that!...

artemis, i can't wait to hear how this veggie ketosis thing works out - it sounds healthy!

vicki, i have bowed to the popcorn gods many times...hope you have a great start and end to the day tomorrow...

where's marilee?...

today:
b: watermelon
l: salad w/ evoo, balsamic vinegar and feta cheese
d: fried chicken at the copper door in bedford nh - first time there and it was sooo delicious...if you have time, look it up!...
Old 06-24-2013, 01:16 AM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, glad the hip and legs are doing well. We have two of those roll around ac's and one window one. Its 75 ourside and 71 inside so not too bad at 4am. It should be nice working in the stores today doing inventory.

Hoping daughter is not too tired heading out from Missouri to Cleveland, Ohio in the morning. One of the kids has their last soccer game tonight. They will stay with niece the nurse in Cleveland and then drive to Canaan, NH to see my sister and spend the night Wed. From there they go to brother's camp where we will all meet up on Saturday for family bbq. Can't wait!

My son in law was supposed to fly into Boston friday but his mother in Maryland fell, cracked a bone in her back. When they did the MRI to find out about the break they discovered a lesion on her pancreas. Now he is waiting for them to schedule a biopsy on that. Please keep Barbara in your thoughts.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
I'm here. Not much to report. Saturday was a total wash - I don't know the name of the muscle that goes down your hip and into your butt, but somehow I managed to pull it badly on Friday - I don't remember doing anything that would cause it - I guess that aging for you - thankfully, I guess, it was the same side as my bad knee. I didn't sleep well at all Friday - couldn't get comfortable in any position in either the recliner or the bed. Finally took a pain pill, which I hate doing, and dozed off. Got up Saturday morning in a lot of pain and wound up using my walker and not lifting that leg very much. Took aspirin and then an otc pain medicine and just sat around doing nothing. And, then a miracle happened! I got up Sunday morning - no pain - either knee or hip. I was able to walk without limp, I could bend my knee totally forward and back. Yea!

Anyway, I got way behind on chores - didn't make it to the grocery store. I didn't do too much - didn't want to throw things out of whack again. So far, so good today.

Abi, I'm sorry your dh is having trouble with his legs. If you told us what was wrong, I must have missed it. What is the issue with his legs?

ff, I couldnt survivie without AC - 116 on Friday. Where are those eggs that need frying???

Tony, so proud of you and all the effort you are going to for the wedding. I'm so happy things are coming together for you.

Arte, veggie ketosis is like an oxymoron I am working on starting a more "vegetarian" diet. I can't wait to make my smoothies and nutrient drinks. I'm off next week so I plan on implementing things then.

Hi Vicki!!!!!!

Well, better get to work. TTYL

Marilee
Gibby is online now   Reply With Quote