Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #361
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Tonight I am going to try a grilled butterflied chicken. I have done it on the stove in a fry pan before. I hope it works on the grill. I sure miss the days when you could buy a whole fryer cut up.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Vicki, it is so easy to cut one up yourself. Give it a shot!
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/225.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
vicki, congrats on being lighter than you thought you were! :-)

marilee, that split pea soup sounds really good - i rarely have it, but i do like it...did it have ham in it?...

abs, we will take emmy and bf to the function place tomorrow and then i will take dw to odiorne to take a look...hope the kids will choose by the end of the weekend, unless they want to look at more places...

wow, we have gotten quite a bit of rain today...how is it over there abs?...ff?...

today:
b: skipped
l: rotisserie chicken
d: roast beef and cheese

have a great friday night, kids!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, no ham - it is NS after all However they did have some kind of smoke flavoring in it. It is real good - too bad the portions are small - like maybe 8 oz?
Old 06-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
We are ready to build an ark over here in Hinsdale. Wonder if DH put the rain guage out to check how much we have gotten so far. Hope the rain stops before you have to start driving around looking at the wedding sites Tony. We are having a grand opening of our Country Barn at store location. I was the Christmas Barn but they are moving all the Christmas items to the basement level and having country items on the first floor. They asked us to come to ribbon cutting at 11 if we could. Sure hope the rain stops by then!

Marilee, I always love to read your menus no matter what plan you are following. I love split pea soup too!

Vicki, awhile back I found a utube video on how to butterfly a chicken and it was pretty easy. It helps to have some good kitchen scissors but I think I had to used a knife. How did it come out?

Yesterday's semi fast did ok until I got home and then DH had bought sub wraps. I ate mine without the wrap but it was alot of meat and then had pork skins. Ate more than I wanted but kept low carb for the most part.

FF, hoping you really enjoyed that steak! Did you do a rub or marinate it?

My brother from Georgia is up for a week to get their cottage on Lake Winnesquam ready for the summer. My other brother and one of my sisters and spouses and I will meet him for dinner at the Marina at 6. Can't wait to see him! It has been since December.

I will check back with you all later!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #366
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi, you guys are getting swamped out there. The chicken turned out great. I have butterflied a chicken before and you are right, sharp kitchen shears are a must of which I don't have. I may have to invest in a good pair. Mine are Chicago Cutlery that is in the block along with the knives. I should see about sharpening the ones I do have.

I forgot to weigh in this morning before I took my walk. Oh well, will do tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so abs, did you go to the barn store?...how was it?..."the marina" is the place i ate the last time i was out there, isn't it?...i really enjoyed my meal and the view...hope you have fun!...is your brother retired?...how much time does he get to spend up here on the lake in the summer?...

vicki and marilee - did you have your talk today?... :-)

just got back from all day out looking at wedding stuff...after going back out to odiorne state park, the kids picked that venue - it is right on the ocean and so so beautiful...abs, have you ever been there?...now i have to start running around to get everything it takes to pull off a wedding...i guess i have been nominated as the unofficial wedding planner!...emmy is tired with the pregnancy right now and laid back and doesn't want to do too much planning and her bf has opinions but also does not wanna run around...so i've been coming up with options i think they'd like and they choose...

we went to the restaurant of the company we would have do the catering there...they do an unbelievable clambake with a wood fire on your site and the menu is:
clam chowder
steamed clams and mussels
crusty rolls and butter
boiled hard shell lobster
corn on the cob
potatoes and onions
blueberry cake

and you can substitute barbecued half chicken or eggplant parmesan if you don't like lobster...

this wedding will be lots of work - i have to rent a tent, tables, chairs etc...find a bartending company unless they will let us bring our own beer and wine which i doubt they will...organize music, dance floor, a cake, invitations etc...if i don't post someday, you'll know why!

the catering restaurant was so nice today - they insisted on providing the five of us who were there a free clambake and it was delicious!...

hope everyone is having a great saturday!

Last edited by tony8; 06-08-2013 at 03:22 PM..
Old 06-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Tony, you are going to be a busy man! But the location sounds beautiful and food oh, so yummy. I'm hoping that your LC friends will be invited (Just kidding!!!!). I love lobster so no substitutions for me!

Just got off the phone with Vicki - we talked for over an hour and only stopped because the battery on my phone was beeping and flashing "recharge battery". I wish we loved closer together.

Got to run - TTYL
Old 06-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #369
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
neither, i ordered it from the diner.

the ancillaries were below par, but the steak itself was perfect. once in a while....i shall do no real cooking until late Oct. It is too hot up here, until then. Even if i use the AC, it does not penetrate any part of the apartment outside the living room. Tomorrow, I shall venture forth outside. As I am not dieting, I will allow myself my fave treat: 2 scoops of pistachio in a waffle cone. I discovered that in this phase of my life, to do continuous induction leads to a backslide that undoes all my progress. So, 1 treat every 8 or 9 days keeps me onboard. FF
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

FF, you beat us all here today! Happy that the diner did a good job on your steak! Enjoy that pistachio ice cream.

We had a nice dinner at the Marina last night. Yes Tony, that is the place you have been to before. I had a salad with grilled chicken on it and blue cheese and craisin and slivered almonds on it. Very good. Most of the group had seafood pie. They loved it.

We are all meeting for breakfast after church at the Backside. I think I might have 2 scrambled eggs and bacon. Ha ha

Marilee, I bet you and Vicki had some good laughs on that hour phone call!

Tony, the wedding is really shaping up isn't it. We see you have your work cut out for you! The menu sounds wonderful!

Have a great day all!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:03 AM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

woah, abs!...do you think your system can take such a shocking change at the backside???...maybe you should sneak in a bag of pork rinds just in case!...btw, have you been to odiorne?

ff, you know what works best for you and allowing yourself a treat once in awhile can be an antidote to a backslide...the weather has been so cool this week, i'm surprised you have been hot!

marilee, of course you are all invited to join us for the clambake at em's wedding...the more the merrier!...

it is a beautiful morning here...dw is off to the gym and i am working on a new song...we may meet in the hot tub after that...talk to y'all later!
Old 06-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I think I have been to Maine only once in my life and it was to York Beach. Just looked up Odiorne State Park. What a beautiful spot. There was a photo gallery of weddings that had taken place there and they were beautiful!
Old 06-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #373
Blabbermouth!!!

Tony, the catering for the wedding sounds like there is a variety so staying on plan shouldn't be too difficult.

Abi, the salad sounds yummy.

Marilee, I looked for Dr. Fuhrman's book/plan you were talking about yesterday but couldn't find it. I did some research into his philosophy and now i recall that it is vegan primarily. I also looked at his pyramid and noted that grains was somewhere in the middle. of course it can always be tweaked.

I weighed today and was 249.4 YIPEE. I don't recall when I was last in the 240's on my scale.
d

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
Old 06-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, you're doing great!!!...i'm so proud of you...

abs, odiorne is in new hampshire, but the caterer is in york, maine, but will come down to the park to do the clambake...i'll go check out the photos!...thx...
Old 06-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, these are the pictures I was looking at.

Seacoast Science Center Photo Gallery
Old 06-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #376

beautiful pix,Abi...

almost makes me wish i was getting hitched. the operative word here is ALMOST. I did not get to sleep till about 5 a.m. By the time I got up, getting out for the pistachio was no longer an option. We will try for tomorrow. It seems pistachio is NOT the strongest force in the universe! FF
Old 06-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry about the no sleep FF, but loved your profound new learned wisdom that "It seems pistachio is NOT the strongest force in the universe!"
Old 06-10-2013, 01:16 AM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

Well, Monday and fast day. Just cooked two hardboiled eggs. One for 9am snack/breakfast and one for lunch. Have a cup or so of lettuce and 1 tbl of mayo to take too. Having coffee now with 1 tbl of cream and there are 2 more tbl of cream in my several cups of coffee to take with me. Our K machine at work is soooo slow that break is over by the time it heats up and brews not to mention the cost of the cups. So I brew my coffee at home and reheat it in the microwave.

I sort of dread these fast days on the one hand and then look forward to them on the other hand if that makes any sense. It amazes me that I can stick to 600 calories two days a week and the rest of the time I have a very hard time not going overboard?

Have a great Monday blitzers!
Old 06-10-2013, 05:12 AM   #379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, thanks for the link...we may actually have the wedding at a second, even prettier spot at odiorne away from that building which is the science center...it is surrounded by stone walls right on the ocean and is grassy, as opposed to sandy-ish :-) i'm checking on both and will try to book one of them today...

abi, i am so proud of you for sticking with this plan...you've been doing it for about 6 weeks or so, haven't you?...

ff, the good news is the longer you put off the pistachio, the longer you will have it to look forward to!...

drove ds to school today as his mom left early as the science dept (in which she is a teacher) is holding an in-school field trip and setting off rockets for a physics lesson and then having a bbq for the kids...sounds like fun!...then i went to the gym and was back home by 8 a.m....lots to do today after i jump in the shower...

i'll check in later...have a great day everyone!
Old 06-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vicki, I checked out Dr. Fuhrman on the web and it is mostly vegetarian. I really just wanted the cookbook he was offering. I went ahead and ordered the Nutri Bullet this morning - it comes with a cookbook with all different kinds of smoothies, which is what I wanted.

Was fine this weekend until yesterday and then had pizza. Well, I went two weeks without having it, but it sure threw the scale off this morning. Back on plan!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #381
Blabbermouth!!!

No weigh in today. I was on plan yesterday with the exception of 1/8 of a pecan pie. We had friends over for supper and we had grilled steak, yellow squash/zucchini casserole and Asian cole slaw. She brought the pie; how could I resist LOL. Back on plan today. But, on a great note, I feel thinner. Yea.

Abi, how can you boil only 2 eggs for HB eggs? Heck I do a whole dozen.

Marilee, I got the Nutri Bullet from Bed, Bath and Beyond with a 20% off coupon that they seem to always have found on the internet.

tony, kids are still in school in your area? Wow.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know I could have purchased it at a "regular" store, but I liked the TV offer. And, I didn't have to go limping around the store and waiting in line.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #383

i have the MAGIC BULLET.

still in the box. of course, in nyc, the MB is sort of redundant, if you know what i mean. nice and cool outside. with my box fan, it is comfy inside too. eating less, and waiting for a rain free day (Wed) to get outside, move about, and git my pistachio. FF
Old 06-11-2013, 01:05 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

FF, glad you are enjoying the cooler weather. I am too. We are under flood watch again today until 2am tomorrow. We got 2 1/2 inches the other day and they predict at least the same amount today.

Vicki, I knew I could only stomach 2 hb eggs yesterday so if I had boiled more I would have forced myself to eat some for dinner too. Ha ha So glad you are feeling thinner! That is a great feeling isn't it!

Marilee, good choice to order your MB and not have to suffer at the store purchasing it. Those smoothies will be so filling and satisfying.

Tony, I don't know how you can top the photos of the science area but grassy with a rock wall instead of sandy would be nice. Yes, I think it has been since April 22 that I sort of started it and then have had fits and starts. I know it would work if I would stay consistant and not over due it on the 5 feast days. The kids being here in afew weeks is motivating me to be more strict at least until then.

Yesterday's fast went ok. I was very tempted at around 5 to say forget it and gorge myself but stopped before much damage was done. Will weigh again on Thurs. after tomorrow's fast day. Today will be free lunch pizza so I will have the tops off two slices. Some pork skins for snacks and other that that not sure.

Have a great Tuesday Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 06-11-2013 at 01:09 AM..
Old 06-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, that whole park is so beautiful, i don't think you can go wrong...emmy and i went to look at tents and other things yesterday and she texted me last night and said she doesn't feel good about having such an expensive wedding...we met for breakfast today and we are gonna try to simplify it while still having it on the ocean...it was always gonna be casual, but she thinks a clambake is too much, and wants to eliminate other things - we'll see...she's such a good kid and we are getting to spend a lot of time together...we hung out in the restaurant for three hours today, just talking :-)

i don't know what is wrong with me, but no food is appealing to me at all...my appetite is fine and i am eating enough, but i don't look forward to eating or cooking anything...it's been getting worse and seems to have started around the time i had surgery...first, it was only desiring one thing per day and now i'm sick of everything...i look at menus and recipes trying to find something that will spark me, but NOTTA...i feel great though, so i don't know what's going on...

people keep saying i look great - a woman i hadn't seen in months, saw me at the market today and said she didn't recognize me...it seems i am getting that compliment every couple of days...i don't see it - i don't think i look any different, but i guess i must...

i handle stress well outwardly, but i think it may be having an effect on me, subconsciously and internally...worrying about emmy, missing sarah, my older boys have been talking about moving in with their girlfriends, the building issues, etc. and not being able to get to nashville at all with everything else going on may be taking a small toll on me...thank goodness i feel well and can move and exercise!!! :-)

today:
b: 2 eggs and bacon
l: chicken wings
d: baked salmon and green beans

hope y'all have a great night!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #386

feeling well, and exercise...that is a blessing, Tony

i feel well, but it will take something really earth-shattering to get me to exercise. anyway, tomorrow is no rain, so i will be out of the house. if and when i get my pension, i will have to get a new fridge. the ice cubes melted, and the sodas, water, and diet snapples in the freezer, do not get ice cold. i also keep small amounts of cold cuts and cheese in the freezer, just to keep them from spoiling. it will be raining all day thursday, so i will use that day to clean out the fridge. now you know why i am ordering my food for delivery. i am making 1 meal last for 2 times. tomorrow, the pistachio ice cream will be 1 meal, and something else will be the 2nd. i am trying to cut my $ losses that way. Assuming I do get my pension soon,(if ever) June will most certainly be the longest month ever. FF
Old 06-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Gosh Tony and FF, you both hide your stress so well. FF, having your refrigerator go out is terrible. Sorry about any food that spoiled. And not getting your pension yet is just not right. I'm glad you are getting out of the house today and having that pistachio ice cream.

Tony, I think it is wonderful that Emmy does not want you to spend that much money and keep things as simple as possible. I can see how you are being affected by the moving out one by one. It really makes us parents sad. I only had to go through this with one but it still makes me sad. Especially since now I only get to see her once or twice a year. I wish I had the same relationship with food that you are going through. Eat to live and not live to eat. As long as you are eating enough to stay healthy I would not worry about it.

Trying to fast today. Have a cup or so of lettuce topped with a little leftover spagetti sauce with ground beef in it. (victoria FF). Love the taste of that marinara sauce. Will eat it cold. Ha Ha

Have a wonderful day Blitzers!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, I'm so sorry about your refrigerator dying on you. I hope you can make it until you get a new one.

Tony, never having children I don't know what you are going through myself - I can only imagine! The wedding will be wonderful, no matter what you do. IMHO weddings have gotten out of control these past years - it shouldn't cost the price of a house to get married

I had a BIG salad yesterday - lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, hard boiled egg, avocado. Today my stomach is messed up! The romaine was a little tough and I think it upset my innards. I'm eating easy today - NS soup, mushrooms and a tomato. I had NS toasted o's for breakfast with blueberries and non-fat milk. Not sure what I'll have for dinner - an NS entry and some non-rough veggies - maybe some cooked green beans.

TTYL

Marilee

Last edited by Gibby; 06-12-2013 at 08:03 AM..
Old 06-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #389
Blabbermouth!!!

Oops, was busy yesterday and forgot to post.

Ok, I weighed in this morning and was 249.8, what gives? Been on plan except for the 1/8 piece of pecan pie back on Sunday. If you remember, a ways back, long ways, I talked about weighing twice on my scale. When I reweighed it was 246.6. Now, if what the nurse said was true when I weighed on her WW scale last Friday, the 246.6 would probably be more realistic. Not sure what to do. I am NOT buying another darn scale.

I am trying infused water though. Grapefruit slices, cucumber and peppermint tea. I couldn't find real mint leaves around here. Not too bad.

Tony, nice to get compliments.

ff, man, no refrigerator??

Abi, you can refrigerate HB eggs you know

Marilee, wtg staying on plan.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey vicki, when i have that problem with the scale, i step off and give it 5 or 10 secs and step back on...i do it several times if i have to, to get an accurate reading...if it keeps giving you different readings, you may need a new battery...

marilee, i'm with you 100% on the wedding costs...we are not wealthy people - dw and i have almost $90K in student loans we are paying to get the first 4 through college and emmy still has her master's coming up and vincent still hasn't even started yet...i told my kids from when they were little, that if they worked hard in school and got excellent grades, i would do my best to get them out of a state college or university without debt...no promises, but if i could pull it off i would...it was a great motivation and they all graduated with highest honors...they all want to pay the debt now, but i consider it a significant accomplishment as a father to get them all grown and educated with no debt...it's just the way i feel...

the wedding is as much for my grandchild as for my daughter...when em told us she was having a baby and they weren't sure about getting married because they both had more school, etc., i told her that if they decided to get married, i would give them a wedding...i didn't want finances to be the reason my grandchild's parents weren't married...i'm old-fashioned that way - i told her i wasn't pushing her to get married at all, just that i didn't want her to delay it cuz they couldn't afford it...so, that's where we are at! :-)

abs, i'm definitely eating enough - just not desiring food or even enjoying it that much - it's weird - i don't think this has ever happened before...today, i had 1/2 green banana for breakfast, skipped lunch, and dw is making homemade pizza tonight and i'll eat the toppings and a few bites of the whole wheat crust...i also made some salmon salad - that i don't feel like eating!...haha!