Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 AM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Wow Tony, that was some long post! Everything sounds great! Hope the meds reduction works for you! What an adventure trying to get this wedding planned! Hope you can find a nice big spot for a reasonable price! Don't forget to rent a couple of porta pottys! lol

FF, I am so looking forward to some cooler weather this week. It was 70 at 2:30 when I got up but it is now 67 so that seems hopeful. I was also wondering if you got some of your pension or ss yet?

I am trying for day one fast today. Have a cup of lettuce, 1/4 cup of tuna, 1 tbl of mayo, and a small piece of lc pizza packed for snack and lunch which is about 450 calories. Dinner may be more tuna, lettuce and mayo. Time will tell.

Have a great Monday all!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 02:28 AM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

This is the recipe I used for my lc pizza. I only made 1/3 of the recipe. It is not a bad crust at all. I went easy on the garlic powder. Just shook some into my had before putting it in with the egg and cheese. Did not have any basil but had some dried oregano. Went very easy on it too. The sauce I used had only 3 carbs per 1/4 cup and I only used 1tbl on the little pizza

.Thin & Crispy Pizza Crust! Easiest EVER! Pics included!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning! Good news! I am so proud of myself - I went the whole weekend without going off plan - no ice cream, no pizza, no italian pasta. And, it paid off. This morning I hit 326!

I'm hoping to keep up the momentum. I have to say, I already notice a little bit of difference in my knee. I'm not limping as badly when I walk. Vicki once told us what the ratio of one pound of weight equated to for our joints - was it 4 to 1? I can't remember, but I know it's a lot.

TTYL

Marilee
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #334
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
so proud of y'all for staying on plan...

today is day 3 for me. in order not to go crazy with calories, i am keeping feedings down to 2 a day, keeping myself hydrated around the clock. my 1st meal at 4 pm was a house special soup, and roast pork egg fu young (no sauce). 3 patties per order. at 9 pm,or a little later, i am going to have my 4 cheeseburgers with a thin slice of tomato and onion each, and a tad of lc ketchup. Next week, i will start adding more veggies, and cutting the size of the critter portions...there is the challenge.(the exception is STEAK. Steak for me, needs to be AT LEAST 1 lb after cooking, and at least 1 " thick) Tomorrow, I need to get out and get me some unmentionables. I have not spent any money on clothing-over or under, for at least a year. it is still an oven in here owing to the humidity. that should improve tomorrow a.m. FF
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Sounds like everyone is on plan these days! And a special kudos goes to Gibby! So, I've seen the ads on tv for Nutrisystem but I'm not sure how it works? They send you food and/or do you supplement with your own meals??

I started a 30 day fitness challenge that I found online today. It's a daily layout of crunches, planks, pushups, and other various things that most of us hate in addition so adding your own cardio. I plan to do the fitness challenge in the morning and do the cardio in the evenings after work. I'm hoping splitting it up might make it easier. I have my diet on track for now, so just got to get back into the swing of things with my workouts. Tomorrow is an ultra LC day for me as well as Thursday so not sure how that will work with exercising, but we shall see.
artemis19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Arte, you do both. They provide the entre for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a snack. You supplement with fruit, vegetables, low-fat dairy, low glycemic carbs and healthy fats. I like it for a lot of reasons....one being I don't have to cook healthy meals for one person - which is difficult, at least for me anyway. Yes, I can cook a chicken breast and broccolli, but YUK! Now I have stroganov, chicken pot pie, beef stew, beef with garlic mashed potatoes, etc. Much better
Old 06-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey guys, great to see everyone doing so well...i'm doing well too...had a good workout at the gym this morning and ate on plan all day...

marilee, i knew you were gonna stay on plan...i told you this is your time!...there is a thin person inside you that you are allowing to come out...so happy it is helping your knee too!...

hey abs, how did the fast go today?...oops, i mean yesterday...

artemis, the workout plan sounds great - good luck with the challenge...sounds like you are getting yourself to a very good place...keep us posted on the workouts...

ff, the cool weather is here - it's actually chilly!...

spending a lot of time on this wedding...i'll share more tomorrow...time to get some sleep - have an early meeting in the morning... :-)

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Well, Tony you beat me here by a long shot! Those wedding plans are pretty time consuming aren't they! Glad you had a good workout!

Marilee, so glad the knee is feeling better and the limp is lessening! Also happy that your meals are so satisfying. Yes, chicken and brocolli are yuck! lol

Artemis, two of the youngsters I work with are doing a program called "Insanity". Not sure about that! It sounds a little insane. My exercise program is called "sane" and pretty much does not include any sweating if possible. lol

Ahhh, FF, the temps here this morning are 49! Hoping for low humidity and low temps all day! Keeping well hydrated and eating only two meals sounds good. Happy shopping today!

Tony, I did pretty well with keeping calories at 600 yesterday. I decided not to weigh until after my second fast day tomorrow. Today free lunch is make your own sandwich so I have packed two large lettuce leaves to make a wrap with the deli meat, cheese etc. Last time I just used a slice of meat to wrap it all in but decided to try the lettuce this go round.

Wishing everyone a very successful Tuesday!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:08 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gibby, nutrisystem sounds like a very reasonable plan. You're right, I can't do the chicken and broccoli thing every day either! That's why I am enjoying the carb cycling because I only do the ultra low carb days every other day with moderate carb days in between so that means I'm only miserable 50% of the time ha ha

Abi, yes I have heard of Insanity. One of my good friends at work did it for the full 60 days and didn't lose an ounce. In fact, she gained a pound or two! It's because the workouts are so intense that you just gain muscle while losing fat....which is not a bad thing but if you're looking to drop weight I wouldn't recommend starting there. It's more for folks who are looking to tone up.

My arms and abs are already super sore this morning so I just can't wait to see how bad this is gonna get. Maybe I should have taken my measurements...
Old 06-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #340
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Hi all, I thought I heard my name mentioned LOL. I don't recall the ratio that Marilee was talking about.

I was on vacation to Florida for two weeks and my second son has been back; I just dropped him off at the airport. Today is D day for me. I ate like crazy on vacation and was surprised that I didn't weigh more than I do. I weighed in at 256.3 today. Friday a nurse is coming to do a mini check up for life insurance (oh, yea ) blood draw and so on. Not looking forward to that.

I am trying a tomato juice concoction that I read about on the Fat Flush site, Metabolism Booster. Parsley, cilantro, onion, garlic, turmeric, cayenne pepper, olive oil and other stuff is in it. It is pretty tasty and spicy.

My son is getting married Nov. 30 in Florida so I am going to get some weight off before then. At least that is what I am telling myself. I certainly do NOT want to go back there this heavy and I don't want to be that fat of a mother-of-the-groom. Finding a dress for my wedding a year and a half ago and about 20 lbs ago was bad enough.

We are still chilly here in Iowa. It is rainy again today and about 60 or so. I am running around with a sweatshirt and sweatpants on. Of course, that has been my typical attire when not working since I don't fit into anything else.

I promise to post more regularly (I know, you have heard THAT before LOL). Since I am off work though, it shouldn't be too difficult. Since moving into this house in February though, the computer is in the basement and not on the main floor as it was with the old house. I use the iPad more often on the main floor here at this house instead. Low Carb Friends can still be accessed on the iPad though, Duh.

Anywho, I will stop for now and hopefully you will see me post tomorrow. Toodles.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea! Vicki's back!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Hugs to Vicki!!! Talk to you in the morning!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey, our merry little band of blitzers is coming back!...great to see you vicki - we have been very excited to have artemis back and now we have you too!...clanger is hiding here somewhere...now we just need jenny and kbeth to reappear... ;-)

you guys are doing GREAT...i'm so proud of all of you!

vicki, it's so helpful to have an upcoming event to motivate you...it wasn't long ago that you got to 1derland ahead of me...i got as low as 204 back then...we can both do this again...let's go!...congrats on your son's wedding - my daughter's is hopefully gonna be in july...

abs, you are doing great with the 5:2 plan - i'm so happy you tried it...are you ready for the kids yet or is there more to do?...

artemis, i think i'm working out hard until i think about you and the amazing things you were accomplishing last year...you really helped inspire me to join the gym and accelerate my rehab from surgery, so thank you!

marilee, you are shedding weight faster than an arizona lizard sheds it's scales!...ummmm, what the heck is an arizona lizard and do they shed their scales??? :-)

we looked at a couple of beautiful parks by the ocean today for the wedding - unbelievably awesome and they are available for july 20th...my brattleboro buddy is putting me in touch with a catering company that does lobster bakes and barbecues etc...a lobster bake by the ocean in july is very very tempting...emmy is thinking about it and will take her bf out there to see what he thinks...

i dry rubbed pork chops with applewood seasoning and grilled them tonight - they were sooooooooooooooooo delicious!

ff, you must have LOVED today's weather!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #344

luvin' the weather and luvin my plan.

i ate only 1/3 of my dinner. i ordered 3 sandwiches, but ate only 1, tossing the bread of course. i also discovered i like a traditional flavor of diet snapple, which i always considered BORING! i refer to LEMON. Delicious and refreshing...and zero carbs. it is always great to be able to add something new to the repertoire, even if the new is old. i am currently watching an ALL IN THE FAMILY marathon in memory of Jean Stapleton's passing. These episodes bring back some wonderful memories...I was in my 20s, then. Well, some of the memories were wonderful, anyway. I would like to begin the exercise program called SIT AND BE FIT. I hope a dvd is available, it is not at a convenient time on tv. Even this program is not beyond me. Wish me luck in appropriating the dvd if it exists. Let us all keep up the good work. Believe it or not, this Blitz has only 26 days left. FF
Old 06-05-2013, 02:03 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, I am so glad you are going to be dropping by more often. Your fat flush concoction sounds good. Makes me think of bloody mary mix. lol Super about your son getting married in Nov. I know you will be able to find a lovely dress in a much smaller size by then!

FF, when you find your sit and get fit dvd let me know. I think that is just my style. Enjoy that snapple original!

Tony, when we lived in Gulf Shores we would often be able to watch weddings on the beach from our balcony. I think if you can have something by the water with the lobster bake would be so lovely! Keep us informed!

Marilee, I know you are happy to have Vicki back with us too!

Artemis, the girl I work with that is doing insanity has lost 8 pounds but she is also working on her eating habits. She starts the day with a green smoothie which she just loves although it does not look very appetizing to me.

Well, it is my second fast day for the week. I am having a similar menu as Monday. 1/4 cup of tuna on a cup of lettuce and 1 tbl of mayo, coffee with a total of 3 tbl of cream for the day, an oz of cheese for breakfast/snack at 9 am. I will have about 190 calories left for dinner if I keep with my 600 cal. limit for the day.

Have a great day Blitzers. Sure hope Clanger, Beth and Jenny start coming around again!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #346
Blabbermouth!!!

Brrrrr, it is freezing here. Of course my computer is in the basement. It is drizzly and about 60 here today. Where is the warm weather? I am sure I will be complaining about it being too hot in a month or so.

I was 253.6 this a.m. and I only did one of the HMB yesterday. I started off today with the HMB (fatflush)

Abi, you can't stomach a green smoothie LOL.

ff, it looks as though you are adjusting to retirement.

Tony, I can't believe you are going to be a gpa wow, how cool.

Marilee, we need to talk this weekend.

Lunch will be tuna on a bed of lettuce and other veggies; supper will be zucchini "spaghetti"
Old 06-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Vicki - looks like you are on the right track - nice loss!

Yep, we can talk this weekend. I have a hair appointment at 9AM Saturday and church on Sunday morning, but otherwise, I'll be home trying to stay cool - 112 tomorrow - 110 for the weekend. Here we go!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #348

vicki, treasure the moment...

ere long you will be dripping in sweat. stay hydrated.now, i am gonna enjoy a swiss miss diet hot choc with sugar free whipped cream. i better turn the fan back on. today is day 5. FF
Old 06-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey vicki, way to go, girl!...by this time next year you will be in 1derland again...i'd bet on it!

marilee, that is oppressive...right now, we are having a stretch of sunny 70s weather, but it's supposed to rain this weekend...i think you need a trip to new england...

ff, hope the swiss miss was yummy...i've been spiking my water with a splash of lemon...

abs, hope the fast went by fast today!...good for you...i think emmy might prefer the outdoor, ocean wedding and her fiance the indoor function place...i'm trying to stay neutral while hoping she gets the wedding she wants :-)

gym tomorrow morning!
Old 06-06-2013, 02:42 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

My fast went ok yesterday and I am down a pound since last Thurs. weigh in. Still not back to what I was on May 9th at 6 pounds down. It is a shame that I continually sabotage my progress. Somehow I feel that if I can continue the 2 days of fasting where I feel like I only have to deny myself 2 days a week I will eventually get to goal, or at least get back to what I was during 2009, 2010, and 2012. I somehow never really fell off the wagon, kept to low carb and stayed stable. This last year has been such a struggle! But am feeling quite hopeful this time around.

Finishing out the tuna with lettuce and mayo for lunch today. Not measuring, just a good portion and some pork skins for snacks. Don't know about dinner yet. Maybe the last of the pulled pork. I could make a wrap of sorts with the pizza crust recipe of mozzarella and egg I posted earlier in the week.

Have great Thursday everyone!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Abi, I'm a slow learner, but it is finally sinking in that consistency wins the race! You are doing great. Try not to look at what was - but what will be when you are a success. The scale is going down and that is a good thing.

The scale for me was up 1.2 pounds today, although I've been on plan. I am drinking more water so that may be a factor, please the heat. I'm not concerned. I truly believe what I told Abi above.

Just had my NS granola cereal with skim milk, a hardboiled egg wrapped in a multi-grain tortilla and my Supple drink. I'm very satisfied!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #352
Blabbermouth!!!

I was up today too (254) less than half a pound but I am NOT throwing in the towel. Geesh, although it did cross my mind LOL.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, you're not allowed to throw any towels!...now, be good! :-)

marilee, that ns food sounds so yummy...are you using the stuff you had before or did you buy new food...i thought you threw the other stuff out...

abs, how many pounds are you from your goal?...did you reach your goal in the years you listed?...enjoy your "splurge" day today :-)

i agree with you guys about consistency...my habits are completely changed from those i had prior to april 2010 when i joined these blitzes...i never binge anymore - i stray and eat things i probably shouldn't, but it involves a small piece or a taste and never gorging ...for instance, instead of polishing off 1/2 a bag of chips and dip, now if there are even chips around, i might eat 4 or 5 chips and that's it...i no longer fear gaining a lot of weight...i really believe i am about as heavy as i will ever be again...i just am struggling to get down to my goal...i have reached a sort of equilibrium with the calories i take in and burn off and exercise i do...i am so much more healthy and fit, but i am still 30-40 lbs heavier than i want to be...i WILL get there!

good workout at the gym and then some work outdoors...had a few little cubes of fruit for breakfast - i made a beautiful fruit salad yesterday...then a small salad topped with feta, evoo and balsamic vinegar for lunch...leftover pork chops, steak and chicken parm for dinner...

hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 06-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Throw out food? Nope! I think you're thinking of Medi-Fast. I still have the food - it's in my refrigerator. I don't know why (I'll probably never eat it, as it isn't that great), however I do have Scottish blood running through my veins, so that probably explains it.

I have new, fresh NS food-yum!
Old 06-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #355

awaiting my sirloin steak with saured onions & mushrooms

I deserve it.I just returned from Shoprite. The prices just keep on going up, up, and away. Chicken, it seems, is becoming an endangered species, the way it is priced. If I ever DO get my pension, a whole month's benefit will pay for 1 chicken. Otherwise, I seem to be in a fairly decent mood, considering. It is 5:48 eastern time. I have been so busy, I neglected to eat. However, the steak is only 18oz pre-cooked. I will try to eat it as slowly as possible. I will not compensate by consuming add'l meals.. I have plenty to drink. This is day 6, as well as d-day. Today's quote)from THE LONGEST DAY, is: Wir muessen umgruppieren auf Plan sechs(we need to regroup in accordance with plan 6)spoken by General Pemsel(Kurt Jurgens). Well, let us all stay on plan. FF
Old 06-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I saw this on another thread and thought it was great!

Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me? If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please. So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." ( as if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Just dropping by to say hello! Haven't felt great the past couple of days but still sticking with the workouts. Have had some trouble eating.

Skimming through the posts, I definitely agree with you all that consistency is the way to go! Especially enjoyed the last post by Gibby I always find myself getting impatient with slow results, but then I make myself stop and do the math. Even if you only lose 1 pound per week, that could add up to 52 lbs in a year! And, a slow loss is always better than a fast gain!

On a side and somewhat personal note, what do you do when you work with a super difficult person who adds to everyone's stress level, and the boss doesn't do anything about it???
Old 06-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

artemis, sorry to hear you have a pain in the butt working with you...if your boss is competent, she/he either has a good reason for tolerating this person or they will deal with them soon...if not, you are a bit stuck...just try not to let it stress you out...i always think i'd rather be the person being annoyed than having to be the annoying person! :-)

ff, did you cook the steak or order in?...was it from the diner?...congrats on 6 days!...that is awesome, bro!...i am proud of you...

hey marilee, thanks for posting the "one pound" thing - so so true!...
Old 06-07-2013, 02:39 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Artemis, I killed that person with kindness and bit my tongue every time I wanted to say something negative about him and to my surprise they finally got rid of him. I felt sorry for him because he really wanted to be hired full time. Hard to get rid of someone if they are a permanent employee. Hoping you feel better today!

FF, they said we were under a flood watch until Sat. at 10am but no rain here right now. Looking at the radar the band of rain is over you and goes straight through Boston. Enjoy that steak and the cool weather!

Marilee, so true about the one pound. I am happy to see a one pound drop each week.

Tony, the one advantage of an indoor wedding is that you don't have to worry about the weather. Maybe a compromise. The ceremony inside, the tent outside for the reception if not windy and raining and all the photos of the bride and groom with ocean as the backdrop.

I am doing a semi fast today. Not weighing or measuring but keeping the calories and carbs low. I was craving something bready so made a one minute muffin to take with me to work spread with some butter plus a cup of lettuce with leftover bbq pork on top. Will eat that cold. Weird huh!

Have a wonderful Friday Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 06-07-2013 at 02:41 AM..
Old 06-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #360
Blabbermouth!!!

My husband and I had our lab work and physicals done for life insurance application and I was 249.8 on the scale the nurse brought. She said it was pretty accurate since it is a WW scale. If so, woohoo, it's lower than mine. I weighed in at 252.8 this morning. It doesn't really matter to me that much anyways since it is my scale here at home that i will be consistently weighing in on.

Artemis: I agree with Abi, kill them with kindness.
Abi: I hope the fasting works for you.
Marilee: one pound, how about half a pound?