Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Less BANG by July 4th!

It is about 13+ weeks till July 4th. Here's to having LESS of one's self by the time we shoot off fireworks and have to wear much less clothing-wise!

Anyone interested join in!!! We take any eating plan, we like to chat about life, food and anything in between!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #2

I am a 42 year old Mom of 2. I have a 14 year old son and a 11 year old daughter. I have strugged off and on with weight all my life. I discovered JUDDD in April 2012 and quickly lost 20 pounds! THen christmas came and life happened and I put on 6! Goal by July 4th is to be back at 166, which was just 2 pounds over my OVERALL GOAL!

13 weeks to get 6 pounds off, certainly even at my snale pace with losses, I can do that, right???

Start: 173
Goal for July 4th: 166

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
I'm in! I'm a 48 year old mom to a 7 year old furbaby named Ben and a wife to a great guy for 23 years. I have had a pretty rough go of it lately and allowed myself to really fall off the wagon.
In 13 weeks I hope for 13lbs off.
So I am 191.6 today and hope to be
178 by July 4th
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/172 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Count me in too--I am 64-and I am on the rollercoaster of up and down weight-mainly up lately-my scale is either broke or needs a battery-will have to weigh when I can-but right now my weight is up-I am pre-diabetic also-so I need to stick to a lowcarb plan-just haven't made myself ingrain that yet into my persona...I am still trying and trying and trying..

I have recently been eating way off plan-I have restarted again today for the umpteenth Monday in my life-it is hard and has been hard today-all the goodies are still here from the Easter feast..

Monica-buying that set will only get me one dinner plate-not two-I am hoping to find at least two without buying things I don't need. But I may have too do that eventually?

Kim and the grands just left-they came over for leftovers-and I sent a plate home with Chris-I am trying to get the majority of food out of the house-the cheesecake is still calling my name!

thanks for setting up the new challenge Monica-I sure hope I do better than before!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:13 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning friends-made it through the first day back on plan-but it was sure rough! Kim and the kids brought over the left over cake from Cassidy's confirmation-I got a whiff of that icing and could have just eaten it all! but Bill to the rescue-he finished it off last nite in order to save me!!

Monica-I have decided to bid on that set of dishes-I hope nobody else decides to run it up and I will have to go higher-I figure one dinner plate right now is better than none! the auction ends about 2pm my time so I will know today! I hate bidding-would rather just buy outright! makes me want to eat!

forgot my goal up above also--just want a pound a week-I think that is plenty and I would be happy with it! Tomorrow I take Mom to Jasper for a mammogram-so I will try to remember to pick up a battery tomorrow if she feels like trying walmart-she hasn't been able to do hardly anything so she may not make it yet.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:37 AM   #6

Jeanne - good for you girl! I did NOT make it back on plan. Today, is an up day, I plan to properly fuel and have a great DD tomorrow. Let us know on the auction! Enjoy today!

As I stated yesterday, I wasn't exactly on plan yesterday. WIll be today and moving forward!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Keep trying Monica--you haven't fallen hard off the wagon like I did--I just literally go nuts when I fall--so you haven't been as crazy as I have been--you don't have to far to crawl back like me!!! hang in there and you will be fine-I have faith!

I bought the fat fast book-4.99 for kindle-I don't have a kindle but I put it on my computer-hoping to have time to read it now and thinking if I could try that a few days-they don't recommend doing it for too long I don't think? I should have read it before now and been prepared but of course not!

I did get Mom's taxes done-she doesn't have to file Federal but I have to do federal just for her numbers-the state taxes get more involved-they want 4 schedules now to be included-silly-one doesn't even have anything on there except that she doesn't file federal!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #8

Jeanne - you can put the KINDLE app on your phone and read it from there too!!!!!!!!! TAXES are a mess. Good job getting it all done!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

woohoo-thanks for telling me that-I just keep learning more and more about what this phone will do!--

Ok-so when I open Kindle-at the bottom it has Cloud or device-do I choose cloud and keep my things there in order to keep my phone less cluttered? am I thinking right here?

I just realized I have something to read while Mom is getting a mammogram tomorrow-I am uptown now girls!! haven't done texting yet--can you see me using my thumbs like a teenager!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-02-2013 at 01:33 PM..
Old 04-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Would like to join this challenge. Would like to get another 20 lbs off(putting me in the 160's which I haven't seen in a long time ) it's far from my ultimate goal but will continue on. I am a 51 year old wife of 25 years and have 2 almost grown sons. I just completed a round of hHcg and am working on maintenance at the moment and do not plan to do another round so I need to keep myself accountable to continueing my path to losing these unwanted pounds. Looking forward to getting to know you all. Have a nice evening.

Last edited by MagieDen; 04-02-2013 at 05:59 PM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

So Jeanne did you win the bid? Is that dish on its way to you?
Way to go on getting all modern. That iphone sounds amazing.
Goodluck with that mammogram tomorrow.

Monica---You are a very strong person and like Jeanne said you never allowed yourself to tumle to far off the path. So you will be back on it and hurdling down it in no time.

I had a successful 2 days back at it, now I just have to string a few more dozen of these days together and I may get there. I am very optimististic this time. If only spring would show up and I could get out more. There is still 3 or 4 feet of snow and it's still cold. There won't be any tulips here for quite some time.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

aboard Maggie. I know we can do this, if we do it together. Can't wait to get to know you too.

I am just low carbing. Since I've been off the wagon for a few months, I'm starting with induction again.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:41 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
I just realized I have something to read while Mom is getting a mammogram tomorrow-I am uptown now girls!! haven't done texting yet--can you see me using my thumbs like a teenager!
Girl, is your phone now your Iphone? I so almost texted you this weekend to see if it was all set up!!!!!!!!! OH I so should have!!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #14

Maggie THRILLED to have you here girl! Sounds like you are doing great and have a great plan. I follow JUDDD so I do the rotations and I don't count carbs at all.

Michelle - You are too kind to me. I am not all the straight and narrow. I haven't really LOST a dang thing since NOVEMBER! I gained those pounds and can't seem to get focused to get them gone! Thankfully it wasn't a lot of pounds....YET!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #15

Maggie I'm a walker too! I try to get in about 25+ miles a week. The weather hindered me for a couple weeks, but I am back out there at it again! Snow here is gone (Sorry MICHELLE)!!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #16

I texted you JEANNE
Old 04-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening ladies.

I had a pretty good day of eating on plan. There was a little slip up with some raw almonds though. I knew I couldn't just go cold turkey with everything after the bingeing I did. I am glad it was a cup of almonds though and not cookies or something just as bad. A couple more days and I am sure I'll be back to 20 g of carbs. Fingers crossed.

Jeanne---How did your day go with your mom?

Maggie--- What are you doing for maintenance?

Monica--- How are you managing with your UD and DD now?
Old 04-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls-I had a busy day with Mom yesterday-it wore me out-and I pulled a muscle in my back somehow-still having spams today! I have a bad back anyway!

got my battery in my scale-back up to 174! I am not shocked! so for my goal I want to lose 12 pounds in this challenge-that will bring me to 162--Monica how to you highlight and make the letters bigger and darker?

I got your text-I noticed it later-I have got to figure out a better ring-louder for me and my ears-and how to keep my phone handier and out of the deep recesses of my purse--what do you do?

Welcome Maggie--glad to have a new person with us--I would like to do any exercise at all-that is another goal!

I ordered the plates from replacements (website) last evening-they are supposed to look the same on the front-but they are not from the same company as the ones I have-I think as long as they look the same I will be satisfied-Mom doesn't need to know the other-she hopefully will never compare the back side? the stress has had my heart rate soaring out of control the last few days-

Michelle-way to go getting back on plan-the almonds are nothing-still part of being on plan I think--just a few extra carbs

will be back later
Old 04-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #19

Quote:
Monica--- How are you managing with your UD and DD now?
After Monday's FAIL, Tuesday and Wednesday were PERFECT! Yesterday's DD calories ended right at 470. That is GREAT for me! Thanks for asking girl. How are things up North? Things thawing at all???

Jeanne - I weighed today too, I am at 174 as well. To highlight or bold or make things bigger you use the icons just above your message box. It notes Message: then there is

B for bold
I for Italic
U for underline

To make them bigger you have to GO Advanced and then you highlight what you want bigger and then click on Sizes. It's a drop down box. you can choose from 4 sizes 4 is the largest.

IPHONE -- Ringer, to turn it up, there are 2 buttons on the left side of your phone (just below the Ringer On/OFF switch. Clicking the top button turns volume up and bottom one turns it down! Now, today, YOU have to TEXTED me back! It's SUPER easy! You can DO THIS!!!!

Last edited by zipp2play; 04-04-2013 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: .
Old 04-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #20

Maggie you still out there? How is maintaining going for you????
Old 04-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies.

Jeanne-- Glad things are working out on the China. Now just take a few deep breaths and get that stress under control. It's all going to work out. You are a fantastic daughter that I'm sure your mom is so proud of. So no need to fret. Maybe part of your back ache is associated to the stress you've been feeling. Again I say just take some time for yourself and regroup before you do anymore harm.

Monica--No thaw here yet, but high hopes for tomorrow. It is suppose to be 1* C that would be around 34 * F That will do some melting. If we get that I will for sure take Ben for a walk.

I actually planned ny meals for the week on Monday. Something I've never done before. Usually I decide what's for dinner each morning, but I thought I would try it. I think I am liking this. I made the plan, went shopping to make sure I hAve everything, come home from work, look at the menu, and start cooking. I like that I don't have to think of things when I wake up or worse when I get home from work. Hopefully I'll keep this up.

Later all.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

START 174
GOAL 162
Old 04-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Monica-I love learning something new! will try the text thing later-need to run right now--hugs
Old 04-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #24

Michelle - what a good plan! Keep it up. Easy then the rest of the week, just follow the plan!

Jeanne - she TEXTED me, she sent me a PICTURE and she set up her emoticons and used them! Iphones rock, don't they girl???? Way to go! I am proud of you!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

WOOHOO--still excited about the Inservice I received Monica--thanks so much for the help--I am psyched!!! I even sent Bill a message and then I texted him and sent him a pic of Dolly and told him to text me back if he received it--he never did!! I was expecting too much?

Michelle--setting up your menu for a week is awesome!! I spend way too much time figuring out what to eat--I think having nothing planned last week is what derailed me-I didn't have anything baked!! I truly fail if I don't plan ahead! I don't think I have your email address-If I did I would send you a pic of my Easter table-I can send pics now that I have on my phone! thanks to Monica!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-04-2013 at 10:51 AM..
Old 04-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #26

You WERE Expecting too much Jeanne. The man was probably thinking WTH is my phone doing!!!!!!!!

Jeanne, I will post the Easter Table Pic and the Pic of Dolly!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #27

Jeanne's DOLLY
Old 04-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #28

Jeanne's table on Easter
Old 04-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my--it sure shows how bad she needs grooming--her appt is not until the 17th!! she is in sore need of a trim!!

look at her beds--she has beds in every room-lots of them--those are heated-one is too small and the other is too large but she loves her small bed and won't give it up! I ordered the wrong size for the other one!

Monica-how do you get the picture off the phone to here? another teaching lesson coming-just someday when you have time-I was stumped when I wanted to send the pic to Michelle-I thought I could do it from email because I didn't know if she had texting ability and I didn't want it to cost her--I remember what it cost me when people did that-but I didn't see the camera thing when I was on the email part of the phone and realized I only saw the camera at the text part! hopefully she has text!

Bill just called-he got the picture! he didn't hear it at noon he said!

this phone thing just keeps me busy --I am trying to wash clothes and yet it draws me back-now posting pics here!! I never thought I could do that with it!! I am excited all over again! you wouldn't believe the hassle in the past trying to post pics!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Keep in mind all I have is a kitchen nook--I do have a large antique table and was able to get all 7 of us sitting without too much crowding! but in my next life I would love a real dining room!! dream on!! Thanks Monica--you are too sweet for posting and helping me out today--you are a good mentor! so much better than my son next door who doesn't do much at all!!!