Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 05:52 AM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - please update us on your mom and how she is today. I love the wreath you made for your door, so I know the one for your Mom will be just as lovely. Haven planted flowers yesterday (we sold her swing set **sigh**) and there was some dug up areas that were under it. She planted a bunch of flowers there and then tonight Dennis is going to plant 3 tomato plants. Just call us FARM - City folks!

Michelle - thanks girl. Mom is on the mend but WEAK. My sister has surgery Wednesday. Hysterectomy full one this time. I wasn't going to go, but MOM somehow thinks someone needs to stay the night with her Wednesday night. She is simply not going to be strong enough after this stomach bug. I volunteered to go. SO I will leave work at 4:00 Wednesday (or maybe 3) and head there (2 hour drive). I will spend the night and try to make it back to work Thursday by around 11:00 a.m. Not necessary, but my MOM feels much better knowing I am going. She will be there for the surgery, but will go home to sleep. It's in Columbia MO. 2 hours from me and 1 hour from my parents.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-10.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2013, 05:52 AM   #242

yesterday's DD was not GREAT. I am in a funk. Yesterday was more like 950c I just can't seem to focus! GRRRRR someone slap me back into reality!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Monica I couldn't find a smiley guy slapping another, so I thought a friendship hug might do. You are doing just fine. I'm sure you will get it down if you have to. But maybe 950 is good enough. I know I have been on the straight and narrow and I am not losing, but I will not let it bring me down this time because that just leads to bingeing for me. So no slap from me, just a hug and the words "WE can do it!"

Look at the two of you planting stuff. You are green thumbs for sure. I can't even get my grass to grow yet

I have to go to work now, I'll check in later

By the way I weighed in this Saturday too and no loss again!

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #244

HUG will hopefully work just as well! I haven't weighed in a couple weeks, so I really have no idea. That dang SCALE. It's a LIAR and a CHEAT! Don't pay it any attention. You keep plugging away!!!!! DANG IT!!!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
wow Monica--you city/farm people have tomato plants in the ground--I am impressed! ours are turning yellow--we better get them in the ground soon! maybe tonite? I am beat tho-been working like a banshee-trying to get things caught up around here--my friend called and wants me to go to Evansville shopping tomorrow--I couldn't refuse-I value our time together and the laughs are always the best!

Monica--sorry your mom is puny--I missed that earlier-had to go back-I admit to skimming when I am busy! sorry! Hope your sister does well--I am sure it will mean a lot to her for you to be there--and it will make your mom feel better too!

Hang in there with the DDs--I don't know how many calories you shoot for? just never give up--that is something we can't do--we keep on trying to do better--you both inspire me when I am down and I know you can do whatever you aspire to do-diet or farming-lol!

Michelle--two more days of antibiotics--that is good? maybe that is keeping you from losing? possible I think with all the side effects of medication--weight gain is included in more than you think! you are on a roll being good and the scale will reward you soon--stay the course and be ready for a whoosh!

I have been steam cleaning my floors today--kitchen and bathrooms-I have the windows open and the floors are drying fast--it is beautiful today--love the house opened up! back to work--hang in there girls---we are in this together!! plus short weather is upon us--well two of us--you soon Michelle! I have things I can't get into that I did last year--I am refusing to buy new!

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 05-14-2013 at 12:11 PM..
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:12 AM   #246

Jeanne - You should NEVER turn down a trip to go shopping girl!!!!! Don't fret about skimming, we all do it at times! Enjoy your shopping trip today!

I plan to leave work early today to head to the hospital. I will check in again before I leave. Nic has to be at the hospital at 9:30, so I am guessing her procedure is scheduled for 11, although they didn't tell her that and she didn't ask!
Old 05-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--I wish you and your sister well. I will be praying for you and her today.

Jeanne--Take time for those that bring you joy.Life should be enjoyed.

I'm at home today to catch up on some stuff, nothing too much.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #248

Sister is out of surgery and everything went well! I will be leaving for there in about an hour!
Old 05-16-2013, 05:27 AM   #249
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ziva
Stats: 230/212/199/160/140
WOE: Adkins
Start Date: March 2013
Hi guys. Been gone for a few weeks but hanging in. The 11th made two months on admins and my total loss was 31 lbs in 2 months. Had a cheat day on mothers day but back into ketosis today....
ziva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #250

Hey girls, I am back from the hospital. I'm at work and things are ok with sister. As you both know she has dependence issues when it comes to pain meds. I fear she may be tipping back toward the addiction. It's not my problem, so I will stay out. She told the nurses each time they asked that her pain level was 9 or 10. Me, if I say it's a 10, you would know it before you asked because I would be screaming constantly, but she and I see things very differently. All in all, she is doing well!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Good to hear Monica. Happy she is fine and you are back!
Old 05-17-2013, 04:37 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning girls-glad your sister is ok Monica--good move about the pills-you can't make her better in that regard-so better to distance yourself...

What is on the agenda for the weekend girls? we are headed up to Nates for the weekend-of course rain is forecast for the next 7 days-don't relish driving in rain-but we will be careful-used to live across from a wrecker/tow service-when it rained is when they did the most business of all--made me a believer!

Hey Ziva--welcome back--you have done well for two months-congrats and I wish I could do so well--share your secrets!

lots to do today-have been gone everyday this week-glad to stick around here today

later girls
Old 05-17-2013, 06:02 AM   #253

Jeanne - how's MOM?? Enjoy your visit at Nate's. Spoil that BABY (that is where the little one is, right?) BE careful, which I know you always are!

Michelle - how's the tooth? Infection? Are you fully recovered?

This weekend will be more laid back for us. No softball. After this, 3 weekends in a row of softball! FUN! Tonight, low key, grocery shopping for Dennis and I. WOOHOO on a friday! Tomorrow we have a college graduation party to attend and we will CLEAN HOUSE! Sunday is Church and then the recognition party we are having for Haven. We are BBQing Burgers and chicken. Maybe some shrimp too. Family is coming in for it.

I'm off W/Th/F next week. LOTS to do to get to where I need to be Tuesday afternoon!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--doesn't sound like a low-key weekend girl! you are one busy camper! I call that a busy weekend even without softball! you have a good time--glad your mom is feeling better and able to attend--will your sister make it also?

Yes--Nate is where the baby is--well--he isn't really a baby anymore--he will be three in November-soon the new baby will arrive--August and take the baby place for sure! I am sure we will be making more and more trips to Indy--we have figured out a different way to go--slower pace than all the traffic around 465 around Indy--Bill is glad-he is a farmer boy at heart-he hates traffic! we will also be seeing his daughter -her family will be coming over to Nates Saturday for awhile-so a family affair! good to see everyone in one trip!

well--back to cleaning bathrooms--yuk-I never get done doing that-I can't mow--too wet out there! maybe this evening--I still need to pack-not sure what time we will leave tomorrow--the last time we left it was just getting light-I don't think we will get out that early this time!

Monica-good for you being off next week--makes a good vacation of sorts with the holiday--Bill I think is taking off the Friday before Memorial weekend also--we can add it to our weekend to make a longer camping trip! anxious to get away! do you have any big plans?

Last edited by jbatchelor; 05-17-2013 at 08:43 AM..
Old 05-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #255

My sister does not plan to come. I think it is best she doesn't. It's 2 hours from their house to ours...the ride alone here and back would be too much!

OH the new baby will be here in AUGUST. Do they know what they are having? How awesome the 2 families can all get together at once. FUN for you ALL!

Wednesday of next week is Haven's 5 grade class fun day and recognition. I am in charge of both! **scary** It should be fun. Bowling then to the park for lunch and certificates!

Thursday school is only 8 - 11 for both kids. It is also the 8th grade fun day and Dennis and I agreed to help.

Friday at 9:00 is 8th Grade recognition!

Sat/Sun/Mon - Softball! Oh and I think T plans to have his BFF over from Thursday till probably Tuesday! Nic is the kids name, he's practically famiily! Monday night Haven wants to have 3 girls come sleep over. Let the fun of Summer Break begin!
Old 05-18-2013, 04:10 AM   #256

Jeanne have a good trip!!!

Michelle what's going on for you this weekend?
Old 05-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Well it seems you all are so busy. It is a long weekend here and once again no plans here. We went out for supper at Tony Roma's yesterday for Marcel's parents 55th wedding anniversary. And now for the rest of the weekend....nothing. Can't even enjoy the weather and do outside stuff because it is raining and will continue raining all weekend.

Tooth and infection seem all better now. My bite isn't lined up any more so it is a little difficult to chew but I'm managing just fine. It didn't stop me from eating anything. Weigh in today proved that. Stayed the same again.

I picked up my cookware set I won. Boy is it heavy. I'm going to get a work out just using it. But it is gorgeous. It's nice to get new stuff and even nicer not having to pay for it!

Well ladies enjoy your family and weekend and take care. I'll pop in later.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:03 AM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning my friends--it was a busy busy weekend --so glad to be home however--need to mow today! the grass grows like a weed! so this will be quick-going to be 90 today and I don't do heat well-I need to mow early!

Michelle-glad your tooth is better and you can eat girl--that is wonderful-good for you celebrating at Tony Romas! don't pass up the moments in life that are meaningful!

Monica--how was your weekend? going to be a fast week getting ready for your time off? I am feeling the crunch also--Monica--hope you are all safe from the storms that hit Kansas? it sure looked nasty on the news!

I have lots to do before camping this weekend-I hope I can fit it all in--I need to make a list for sure-we are going to Mom's tonite to plant her roses and dig up a few things for her--just help do some things she can't do-and I can't do! before the storms come to us on Tuesday!

I did lose 1.5 this week--the 160s are still illusive! maybe someday!

later
Old 05-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #259

Quote:
Tooth and infection seem all better now. My bite isn't lined up any more so it is a little difficult to chew but I'm managing just fine. It didn't stop me from eating anything. Weigh in today proved that. Stayed the same again.

I picked up my cookware set I won. Boy is it heavy. I'm going to get a work out just using it. But it is gorgeous. It's nice to get new stuff and even nicer not having to pay for it!

Have the dental office fix the line up of teeth. Easy filing is all it should be! The smallest of changes can cause some issues if you don't get it corrected!

Awesome on the stuff, WINNING is awesome. Congrates to Parents In laws. 55 years is amazing. Do they have any other children???
Old 05-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #260

OH Michelle, forgot, enjoy your holiday today!
Old 05-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #261

Also Michelle, staying the same, I WOULD KILL FOR THAT right now. Consider it a WIN!
Old 05-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #262

Jeanne - it is a crazy week for me this week. 5 days of work in 2 days. OH MY!

All is safe here from storms. Lots of wind and rain, but nothing else.

You head out Friday morning for camping??? Don't work yourself too hard this week girl! AND enjoy your camping weekend!

I'll check in when I can. Today is insanely busy and tomorrow is worse! I am getting too old for this!
Old 05-21-2013, 04:56 AM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

so glad you and the family are safe--more storms for today-let us know you guys are ok-we had tornado warnings last nite but nothing severe here-just thunderstorms. and the tornado season begins-so very sad watching the news about the children and the number of people killed-and the sheer damage. I am so saddened to know 2 dozen children are still missing in one of the schools.

I finally got the entire yard mowed at once! we got Mom's roses planted and some other things done-now to do our things to get ready for camping-not sure when we will return because Bill was encouraged to take a vacation now before they get busy when the weather dries up-I would have preferred to take one when we decided! but we might stay camping a little longer-except we will go over to the electric part! we will be camping in the non-electric this weekend since the electric is always reserved a year before and we do have a generator for the times we need power. so if you don't hear from me for awhile that is why.

I haven't even begun to start getting ready-I need to really crunch the time now since we are planning on leaving Friday morning early. today is laundry and grocery I think? I haven't a good clue. Prior preparation would have been good about now-lol!

Michelle--I am with Monica--staying the same is a WIN! especially during celebrations--you should be proud of yourself--I am proud of you!

Monica-fitting 5 days work into 2 would drive me batty also--you can do it--then it will be relax time--hang in there--almost over--just get through today!!

well-need to get moving-later girls

Last edited by jbatchelor; 05-21-2013 at 04:57 AM..
Old 05-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Good Tuesday morning ladies. I'm glad to hear you are safe from those tornadoes. What a horrible thing. Those poor families.

Monica--I hope all goes well with you and your prep to the weekend. I'm sure you are crazy busy. I hope you get everything done that you want. How is T doing on JUDDD?

Jeanne-- Glad to hear you got all the mowing done. When do you have to do it again? I guess with all that rain it must be growing like weeds. We just finished a weekend of rain and things are sure growing around here. Your camping trip sounds like fun, but camping has never been my thing. However I have never tried it with electricity. I only tried a few times with my cousin when I was a kid and they had a small trailer with no electricity. I'm sure it would be better with it.

Well back to work for me!
Old 05-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #265

Jeanne - get to it girl. By now you should have at least 2 lists going ! better to take vacation now , maybe it will mean less crowds next week after the weekend ??

Michelle - I'm not a camping person either !!!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

yes girls-I am too old to camp without all the amenities too-thank goodness we don't do tent camping and I have my own shower and bathroom and air conditioning--It is a time for me to get away from all the mowing and I can relax without running constantly--my sil did step up to take Mom to jasper while I am gone since I can't--woohoo-one less thing I don't need to worry about! I am hoping to fish and read-even if it rains I am planning on reading!

Monica--what are your plans for the weekend?

Michelle--any plans for you and Marcel?

btw-I forgot to answer--Mom didn't get any relief from the shots into her feet-now she will wait out the time until she can get a shot into her hip again-she won't try the feet anymore-I was so hoping it would help.

well-time to watch a little tv-cya tomorrow ladies
Old 05-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

a fast hello before I start working in the camper and making my lists! I actually already started those-! It is nice and cool here today-perfect for working! I wish I had my days like this-well--off to a running start

Monica-hang in there-you are almost done!

Michelle--how is the tooth? plans for weekend?
Old 05-23-2013, 05:52 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

No plans for the weekend here. The weather is either warm and WINDY or cold and rainy. So I don't think anything outdoors is going to happen this weekend either. But I'm hoping you two have fantastic weather for your long weekend.

I fell off the wagon yesterday...I won't go into details but boy I feel horrible today. Not so much mentally, because I've come to know that cheating is inevitable and just move on, but physically. I feel bloated and achy every where. Hopefully it passes soon so I can move on.

Later ladies off to work.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:06 AM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

good Thursday morning-I am still working my lists and planning another grocery stop this morning! it's going well but with the weather I am having to pack warm and cold clothing-it is supposed to get down into the 40's at night-great fall camping lol! will be packing shorts and long jeans and sweats!

Michelle-good for you getting back on plan! we all have those days--it is just being human-I don't even regard them as cheats anymore--just humanism and a blink in the whole scheme of time! as long as you spend more time on plan than off--you are a winner I think!

I have to do some baking tonite before we leave in the morning-I don't have anything ready for me to eat and the hubs has lots of donuts he is taking--I need a comparable treat so I don't feel left out! another busy day!

Monica-I hope your days are going well? I know you are busy! will check in when I can-I am not sure I will have service at the lake-will try to get on with my phone but it may not be able?
Old 05-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #270

Have a great weekend girls .

Michelle it's not a holiday there is it??

Jeanne I'm sure you are loving the camping!! Great

All is well here. Prepping for game #4 for softball this weekend. She loves it.