Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 05:43 AM   #211
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
downsizing would be wonderful and getting rid of everything--it is mindboggling however! and the barn--that is truly like a hoarders barn! I am embarrassed by it--but I don't go there often.. I would love to be organized...
Jeanne - if you don't go to the Barn often, it has to mean that the stuff in there...you don't use or need. Get down there and purge yourself of that stuff. Donate it to goodwill or have a sale and sell it all. Call it your vacation fund!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #212
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Bill doesn't do anything in the house-never has--even when I have had surgery--I have had to muddle through somehow and do it--not and endearing quality for sure! it was how he was raised but that doesn't go very far when you are on the other end..
OH that would not fly with me girl. I understand you are retired now, so maybe that makes it different. Dennis and I share in the housework and T and H have to do their part too. I hate thinking of you milling about trying to always get it done by yourself. It honestly doesn't matter HOW he was raised. An adult can easily see, things get dirty and need taken care of, HE chooses to not help out...PLUS you do the mowing????

I hope you are able to get a bunch done between showers today. I know how you fret over it.

Michelle - how are you girl? How's the neck???

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ourney-69.html
Old 05-08-2013, 05:47 AM   #213
Big Yapper!!!!

Yesterday's DD was not stellar. Could have been better, but could have been a lot worse! I am already fueled for my day today. I gobbled up my breakfast!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:49 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/170.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Monica-that is the hubs stuff--he doesn't allow me to purge his stuff! believe me I would and have volunteered to help him clean that mess up--he brings home stuff when they tear down houses! some is actually good-but most is crapola! and I just avoid the place for the most part--our motorhome and the pontoon boat is stored in there so I have to go there to clean those things up and ready them for the season-but I am hoping when he retires there will be a change? that is the plan anyway--we have talked about downsizing seriously-so that would be a part of that plan--getting rid of stuff and purging both the house and the barn! a 2-story house is not good on my knees anymore!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #215
Big Yapper!!!!

OH I completely understand that Jeanne. I wish my parents would sell their house. My Dad does not get around well. He has had 3 back surgeries and his right foot, the toes, they drag. He has no control over them at all. He trips, falls, you name it all the time.

How close is Bill to retiring?
Old 05-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/185/182.4/165
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Hello ladies. My bad luck continues. A few weeks ago after eating some almonds my teeth hurt a little bit. Well the pain has been getting worse and worse. Yesterday my face was swollen on that side and my eye was leaking and I couldn't eat at all. So I found myself a dentist and went in this morning. Wee I have an infection in my gum and it loosened a back molar. They said there was no point to save it because it was too loose now. So I no longer have one of my lower molars. I must say it hurts quite a bit, my face that is not really where the tooth was.He says it is a pretty bad infection. He prescribed amoxycillan(sp) and I am to gobble 5 today and 3 a day for a week. If it's not one thing with me, it's another. What's with me? At least it took my mind off my neck for awhile.LOL
Hope mowing went well Jeanne.
Monica--- How are T's DD going? Does he struggle too?

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #217
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Michelle, I am so sorry!!!!! That stinks . I hope you wake up tomorrow and the infection has improved. Tooth issues are the worst
Old 05-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #218
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Michelle, I hope you are feeling better today. Check in and let us know. I am worried!

Yesterday was a good up day. Controlled, till the end. I had eaten all my calories and NEEDED ( ) chocolate. I ate an Atkins bar. So 180c over! SUCH IS!

Trying something different with my DD today. When I eat I will eat 2 eggs and cottage cheese (all protein) seeing if they helps tame the blood sugar beast! Lunch will be a salad then tonight...I am hoping I feel more control!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #219
Big Yapper!!!!

It's FRIDAY EVE girls! Plans for the weekend?????
Old 05-09-2013, 06:17 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies/twins! I was beat last nite--too much mowing--I mowed until evening--good thing I had left overs ready--I only had to cook the asparagus--our asparagus is ready and we are having it about every evening--good thing we love it!

Michelle--sorry to hear about the tooth--I hope the infection clears up--I actually hate to go to the dentist--My brother who passed away was the dentist I loved seeing--he gave me nitrous gas for everything-made procedures easy! sure do miss him-anyway--make sure you take those antibiotics till done!

Monica--sounds like a good down day-an atkins bar doesn't sound like much over? and that was a good option for going over instead of something high carb and sugar laden--good choice!

Not sure what is going on this weekend--I want to do a little weeding--and work in the yard I think and also some fishing--plus getting the pontoon and camper ready for Memorial weekend-we are going to go camping then-if the weather is nice-the campground will be full-the electric part anyway-but the non-electric will not be--so we will take the generator and join all the hippies and wild people and go there for the weekend--it is actually pretty quiet normally--it is a good place to get some good walking in--Dolly loves it there.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Survived the night with some help from T3s. I am not a believer in pain pills at all, but I could not take it anymore yesterday and caved. I slept pretty well and now feel better. I don't think there will be any solid food today either,but I do enjoy my low carb shakes I make for breakfast everday. That will do nicely until I can eat again.

As for plans..... I think we will be taking Marcel's mom and dad out for dinner on Saturday for mom's day and we are going to a car parts swap meet on Sunday if the weather is nice. I hope my Ben has a little something for me on mom's day, I could sure use a pick me up, but he is a dog and he will probably forget.

What are your gals plans for Mother's Day?
Old 05-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #222
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne - will you do anything with any of your children Sunday? I bet you were beat. How do you prepare your asparagus? Dennis is dying to add it in with the other veggies we eat....but we only know to stir fry it. It's ok, mixed with other stuff that way. But not to DIE for!

Michelle - Ben will remember, I am SURE of it. He will give you an extra special SNUGGLE just for the day! Thrilled you are feeling better! SO glad you took the pain meds. You aren't an ABUSER, so taking them means, you are in pain and need relief! Drink those shakes girl. I have recently started buying the slim fast lc shakes (I think they are new) 20g protein just 2 carbs. I buy them for Haven. She is such a freak when it comes to breakfast. Won't eat eggs, tires of greek yogurt, string cheese, protein bars ...SHE'S a PRINCESS, I swear it! Now she drinks those shakes and LOVES them. T is even joining in drinking them. He opted for that this a.m. Now that's a TOUGH breakfast to make! Even I, the kitchen TARD, can do that!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #223
Big Yapper!!!!

Friday night T/Dennis are heading to a confirmation retreat. T only has 1 more class for confirmation and this retreat. HE will be confirmed on reformation Sunday (last Sunday in October) after finishing his 2 years of classes. He has to write a belief's speech and say it to the congregation during church! I will be a PROUD MOMMA that day! Chest out about a MILE, I'm sure! They will get home early Saturday afternoon.

Haven and I may head to ceramics and let her work on something. She loves doing that. I , not so much. Maybe I will see if she wants to watch a movie and we order pizza. Now that I like better!

Saturday Haven has 4 softball games starting at 8:30 and it's an hour to get there. We will leave the house at 7:30, have no idea when we will make it home. It will be just me and her, although I think my parents may join us at some point. It is about 1/2 point between our house and theirs where we are playing.

Sunday we will do church/ss and then meet up with my family. Dennis asked what I wanted to do, I told him, surprise me with something different for breakfast with us all sitting and eating together. That rarely happens for breakfast. Mom wants to go to the mall food court. We won't be able to meet until 2:00 due to their church stuff. She wants to eat quick and then shop till we drop. I told her, YOUR Choice. I got her a pandora charm bracelet (that is what the kids got me too...I dont' know the charms I am getting). Not sure why I never bought her one. She will love it AND we can continue buying her charms. I think I want to pick her up a hanging flower basket too!

Last edited by zipp2play; 05-09-2013 at 11:30 AM..
Old 05-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #224
Big Yapper!!!!

Totally forgot. LAst night we picked up our glass projects from Dennis' birthday party!

I think it turned out OK! Use your imagination.

I did the L, Haven did the O, T did the V and Dennis did the E!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #225
Big Yapper!!!!

Dennis hung it at our house in the living room last night.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Monica that is wonderful. I would display that with immense pride in my living room too.I couldn't picture what you meant about the glass project but now I understand. It is so beautiful.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #227
Big Yapper!!!!

Dennis is very pleased!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #228
Big Yapper!!!!

I channeled Jeanne last night. I mowed our lawn. Our lawn is small. It only took me 25 minutes, but I walked in the house thinking I MADE JEANNE PROUD! Dennis was at a church meeting and he won't have time tonight. I knew his ANAL mind would be losing it thinking of the grass just growing and growing!

It's FRIDAY girls. We have finally MADE IT! I am ready. Tons to do before I check out of work for the week....will get to it!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #229
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Mother's Day to you both. Michelle with your FUR BABIES and Jeanne with your crew. Fill the weekend with LOVE no matter what!!!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies.

Way to go on lawn mowing Monica. I am all for a lawn mowed on time (marcel has to be told when it's time), I would do it myself, but I can NEVER get the mower started. I wish we could get a new one, but it's not a priority so it has to wait. We won't need to mow here for another week or two.

I'm hoping to eat some solids today. That will be an accomplishment for sure.

Oh well time to get ready for work and chiro this morning too.

Happy Mother's Day to you too Monica and Jeanne.

I'll be back before Sunday for sure. I don't have much in my life to keep me too busy.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #231
Big Yapper!!!!

OH Michelle I was CURSING the lawn mower when it didn't start with the first 4 pulls. I think I scared the damn thing into starting!!!!!!!!

I am glad you are feeling a little better with each day. Keep taking those meds. Even though you feel good, they need to be taken until they are GONE!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #232
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne - where are you????????????
Old 05-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

hey ladies-I am just getting here--been a busy day--Mom wasn't feeling well at all--didn't even go get her hair done-so I went there this morning and helped her--she just isn't bouncing back anymore--we called and got her an appointment to get some shots into her feet on Monday--some steroid shots--she has tried that before without much luck but she is willing to do anything at this point

Tomorrow if she feels like it--we will take her out to dinner and give her two pair of earring I bought for her--she is a jewelry nut--and she loves this one Mexican dinner--she always orders it and takes most of it home and eats on it for days! after the dinner out-we will go to Cassidys chorus concert at her school-they also had a dinner--but couldn't do both-and the school was pizza-Mexican won! Mom will not attend the concert-too much walking for that but we wish she could!

Loved loved the glass works-I can understand now more about what you were doing--that is a memory for life to hang onto--so very beautiful and meaningful for all of you! good for you doing the mowing--I really don't mind mowing--except for the amount of hours that it takes-I get tired.

Michelle-hoping you are feeling better? and able to eat some now? how is your weather? we are supposed to get cool this weekend but it is still raining some off and on-

I think tomorrow I will try to look at flowers and plants for our garden-will not be a good day being the mothers day weekend--but I am thinking about it

Next weekend we are headed up to Indy again to see the baby-just a day trip I think so I need to get a lot done this weekend.

well--I know I missed commenting on some things but my memory is gone--have a wonderful weekend girls-I will try to be back in here sometime over the weekend
Old 05-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Hello twins--had a busy day but not as productive as I had envisioned--did go to the garden center and picked up plants and vegetables for the garden--however it was so cold today I about froze--doesn't seem garden weather--I found this cute stand for the yard that says "welcome" and holds flowers--it is wrought iron--the hubs bought it for me for mothers day--I love it--however that means I need to go buy more flowers--I will do that maybe Monday when I take Mom to the doctor?

She was able to go to eat Mexican tonite--she couldn't tolerate the concert-it was so cute--that school has the best and cutest songs with their concerts--we really enjoy going there--then on the way out-there was a display of all the art classes--amazing what those kids are doing--the talent is mind-boggling! I was so impressed! for a very rural school with a lot of amish children who attend in buggies--it surprises me of the level of academics they have available and achieve--they are consistently a 5 star school. I wasn't close enough to get a good pic of the whole group during the program- but did get a good one afterward when they broke into smaller groups-I will try to get that here soon.

will be going to breakfast tomorrow with Chris and Kim and the family and hopefully will get a few things planted later. I hope its warmer tomorrow..

Michelle--how are you feeling? hopefully better--are you able to eat anything solid??? hope that Ben was a good boy and treated you right for Mother's day--he will I am sure! he loves his Mommy!

Dolly of course had to roll in something dead and horrible right before we were to go to the concert--she had to have a quick half bath before we could leave her in the house-we could still smell it on our hands or get a whiff of it during the concert--whatever she rolls in is horrible and she has done it several times--who knows why--she knows she will get a bath and she hates baths!

well-that is all for tonite--cya later friends
Old 05-12-2013, 06:58 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Happy Mother's Day to the two best moms I know! Hope you have a wonderful day. The two of you really deserve it.

Yes I am eating solid food again.I just stay away from the right side of my mouth. I feel the infection is getting better too. Still a few more days for the antibiotics.

Doesn't seem Ben remembered Mother's Day hereMarcel is going to the swap meet and then to see his mother. I don't feel well enough to walk around at the swap meet for hours in the cold, so I opted to stay home where it's warm. Maybe Ben will do something later for me. You never know what a dog is thinking. LOL

Your school concert sounded so cute Jeanne. Children can be so creative. It's their free imagination that allows that. Most adults don't allow themselves to imagine. Too bad.

Hope planting goes well for you.

Later girls.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

That Ben--if he could bring you a bone for being the best Mommy--it would be the biggest and best bone he could find--trust me--he knows how well he is taken care of and loved! sending warm wishes from Indiana too! smart move staying home-it was frigid out today--planting flowers in a sweatshirt doesn't seem right? but I did get the back patio planted-not much but enough-I still need a flat of begonias for the front landscaping and I will call it done for the year-well-planting anyway--I never get done weeding and mowing!

we planted two red rhubarb plants today to replace the ones that died last year-hopefully these will make it and we won't have a drought again--this time I mulched around them to provide a little extra moisture-the two regular plants I have will need dividing this fall-they are really getting big. I need to make more rhubarb items.

Michelle-so glad you are able to eat solid food again and that you are feeling better too.

Tomorrow is Mom's dr. appt early and then she needs to go to walmart so she can ride the cart and pick up a few things--tomorrow evening Colton has a band concert so we will be headed to that also--they only have a few days left of school and everything comes at once it seems-this will be a busy week for me--with going to Indy for the weekend again-plus the hairdresser on Thursday too--don't want to forget her! I better be finding some crockpot recipes this week looks like? well--enough for now-I blabber away endlessly sometimes-sorry girls-catch you later
Old 05-13-2013, 06:08 AM   #237
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne - sorry your Mom is struggling! At her age, I guess that is to be expected, but a person still hates to see it. You will be busy these next 2 weeks. Sounds like you had some fun planting this weekend. I got 3 hanging baskets for Mother's Day and 2 of them Dennis moved into our planters. Let us know how Mom's appointment goes today!

Michelle - how goes it girl? So glad you are able to eat solid foods again. Keep taking those MEDS until they are gone. It was cold here this weekend too. I sat at Haven's softball games just freezing. I had on a lot of clothes too! Yesterday was beter. Thanks for the kind words! Not sure I would ever qualify for Best Mom!

I had a good weekend. Friday night was just us girls (DD11 had a friend over). We did pizza and movie. They watched a movie I had seen, so I caught up on my DVR stuff. Saturday I was at softball all day long with DD11. We were playing up, which was a SUCKFEST! We lost all 4 games 3 of them they handed our A $$ to us. Not fun for the girls. I don't understand why the coaches did that so early in the season. Sunday I was spoiled. DH/DS14 made breakfast. GF Quiche, GF banana bread, fruit salad. DD11 set the table using crystal glasses and our fine china (from DH's Grandma). then we did SS/CHurch. My mom was SICK all day long. Stomach bug. So instead of meeting up with her and the family, we met up with just my sister and dh. It was fun. We ate at the mall food court, walked the entire mall, had ice cream then went to Kohls and Justice! I was tired. Then we got home and DS14 (had stayed home) wanted to go out to dinner. So we did! CRAZY eating all day yesterday. Today, back on plan!
Old 05-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

How'd things go with your mom Jeanne?

Monica your weekend sounded pretty good except for the baseball. I hope you don't catch something from being out in the cold.

It was a typical Monday here. Chiro, work, costco... same ol same ol. I'm a little tired so I think I'm headed to bed early. I still have 2 more days on the antibiotics and then hopefully I'm right as rain.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:22 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks girls for asking about mom--she tolerated the shots into her feet/bottom of her heel-he thought it was the best place to go-I am hoping she tells me today they are better--then we went to Dollar Tree--she wants a wreath like a made-but instead of tulips she bought peony flowers--they will be pretty I think-gorgeous nice silk flowers for a dollar each-I don't have time this week to work on it maybe next week-then off to walmart where she could ride the cart-we spent a good long time there--she bought a new cordless phone--the last one I had bought her still has the old metal antenna that you pull up-I can't believe it still works but I think it may be causing interference now?

we went to Coltons band concert--I couldn't get a pic-they didn't people a chance for pics this time--he didn't care as long as we were there--the 5th grade got a gold medal last week at Holiday World music festival where there were huge bands--pretty good for a small band, so those medals were awarded last nite-it will be a great memento to keep.

I am hoping to plant begonias tonite and some of our garden after Bill gets home--he has plowed one of the garden spots and it is dry enough to plant.

Monica--you had another busy weekend-sounds like a great one--gotta love getting a hanging basket --they are so nice and summery.

Michelle--so glad you are feeling better--nothing wrong with a regular routine--I am not liking having busy weeks being gone from home a lot when it is mowing season--I don't have enough time to get it all done! embrace your routines! I will be glad when this week is over and next week is calmer! I am getting old and set in my ways and don't enjoy being gone everyday!

going outside to weed--I never did get totally around the entire house with my weeding-so plan on doing that and some spraying if the wind is calm enough--it hasn't been so far this spring for me to spray--grrr! then I need to clean house and do laundry-I can't mow because the tiller is on the tractor --Bill has to still plow and till us Chris' garden so as long as the mowing deck is off--I can stay off the tractor! a plus for a couple of days but then I will really have to hit it between rain days--they are calling for 6 days of rain again starting tomorrow nite-I am sick of rain!

later ladies--have a great day
Old 05-14-2013, 04:26 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Forgot--didn't have time to weigh yesterday--still not back to where I was--I remain a 1lb above due to the last binge--but I have remained on plan and my jeans are not as tight-so taking the positive and will remain faithful even though I ended up buying the man his cookies and some yeast rolls he has been wanting--I still have 3 pieces of coconut pie so I am ok having something sweet and legal. Now I am gone again! hugs