Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
so I just shut it down and restarted and it came back--
You don't have to shut it completely down when the screen goes light. All you have to do is shut the screen down (till you hear the click) then just click the home key and it should be back to normal brightness.
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2013, 06:27 AM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Do you know how to close all the programs working in the back ground??
Jeanne.....
Old 05-01-2013, 06:28 AM   #183

OH Michelle sounds like a glorious day indeed! I am so glad you have had a good one, you have had such a rough time lately. Where did you go to dinner??? How are you feeling today?
Old 05-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
I know how to close the programs in the background but don't know how to shut the screen down--I thought turning it off was the only way to do that? with the tab on the top?
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--you lucky girl--a 10 pc of stainless cookware sounds fabulous--I would love that! you can cook and cook now--well maybe not a totally great gift if you have to cook forever! lol--a night out once in awhile sounds good--how was your dinner? Thankfully Bill likes going to amish buffets too often! I can go 3 nights a week if I agree!

when is your next chiro appt? hopefully they are keeping you coming often?

going to mow again today--with the rain it is a never ending job-get once section completed and I am right back ready to restart where I mowed before!

Jeanne
Old 05-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #186

Jeanne - powering down the phone (turning it off) you push the button on the top and wait till the slide bar appears. Just shutting the screen off is a quick tap followed by a clicking sound when it shuts off. Does that make sense?

I would shut down the programs running in the back ground once or twice a week!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

dang--just lost my post-came in from mowing--hot out there--may have to start mowing early or late

Monica--I haven't even been shutting my phone down correctly--I just have been hitting the top button and never saw that slide bar before--Bill does his the same way--I will show him tonite--and I heard the click when I tried shutting the screen down--when would a person normally use that function? only when the screen goes funky like mine did? thanks for your expertise! I will someday learn about all of this--I need to read but never seem to have time...
Old 05-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

good morning girls--Monica-I was able to show Bill the new things I learned yesterday--tada!! always learning--thanks!

another good day here before the rains come--I need to mow--nothing new there right? I just put a big ole pork shoulder in the crockpot-that thing was massive! I had to wrestle it first in the sink to remove that big layer of fat--I felt like I had gone three rounds in the ring by the time I got all that fat off--the next time I will let Bill do that the night before--he is used to cutting up meat and taking off the fat since he does it with deer! it was a job let me tell you!!

what is on the agenda for the weekend girls? we are supposed to have 6 days of rain starting today--that really cramps the plans-but last weekend called for rain too and it barely rained so I am hoping for better days--I want to work in the yard and find some more seeds for the garden--I am looking for some wax bean seeds-I haven't grown those before but they are expensive in the can and they are nothing but a version of green bean-no reason to be so darn expensive-I want to try them-so I am on the hunt-don't want to order them if I can find them! and I want Bill to bring home a load of landscape rock for my landscape-it keeps sinking and there are places that need more--a never ending thing since the people who initially put the landscape in didn't put down fabric--that was a mistake! we won't repeat that again--or repeat having a landscaper! we have redone a lot and replaced most of it do to being overgrown-they didn't care what was planted and it sure wasn't what we needed to stay small! I have learned!

well-I just got done doing flea and tick and heartgard protection on Dolly and Wilson--good for another month--it's a good thing I put that on my calendar-I would never remember! the ticks are bad-Bill went mushroom hunting and brought back one mushroom yesterday and 3 ticks he found last nite! I hate ticks!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #189

Jeanne - your phone is just a little computer. There will be times that it is necessary for you to completely power it down and reboot it. But there is a huge difference in clicking off the screen (which fixes the dim screen issue) and actually shutting down the phone. Hope that helps!

I HATE TICKS TOO!!!!!!!!! YUCK!

Weekend, we are serving LINK (homeless lunch on Saturday). Haven has a volleyball camp on Saturday morning. T has a sleepover at a friends Friday night. Sunday is church/ss, softball and youth group. Really a quiet weekend for us!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Hey girls. Jeanne I hate ticks more than anything, well maybe I put ticks in the same category as spiders. Both scare me to death.
Weather here is quite cool but apparently it's suppose to warm up this weekend.
Had a chiro appointment yesterday and another tomorrow. He didn't adjust yesterday, just the machine, but tomorrow he says I will be adjusted. I do feel better than a week ago and that's wahat matters.
That reminds me that I forgot to tell you guys something from last weekend. It is about my hero husband. We were walking Ben at our off leash dog park on Sunday. All the snow is gone but there is a small lake there that had a covering of ice on it. We saw this dog running in the lake's direction and then saw her fall in. It's two female owners ran to her, but Marcel got there first and carefully stepped on the ice, reached down, and safely pulled her out of the freezing water. Maybe the owners would have done it too, but my hero husband did it first and I am so proud of him. I just had to tell someone.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:53 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

good morning girls--I agree Michelle--Marcel is a hero in my book too--I bet those two owners were feeling the same way! I would have been thrilled to have him save my Dolly in the same situation--scary just hearing about it--he gets the hero award for sure!

also glad you are getting adjusted today--I hope that holds you for the weekend? it is a slow process I know but hopefully you will be feeling better soon and can enjoy the warmer weather that is coming!

I didn't get all the mowing done-still needed to mow around the pond and back behind the dam-it will have to wait-the rain is here today and I have things to get done--need to go to Mom and help her and do a grocery run with other errands-a full day

cya later--have a good one
Old 05-03-2013, 05:29 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Marcel says thank you Jeanne. When I read him your post he began to blush. I think you really started his Friday off on the right paw.
How is your mom doing now? Is her sister still here? Have you made a list of what you need? You don't want to forget anything.LOL I made a list yesterday for Costco and then forgot the list when I walked out the door. Typical of me.
The sun is out right now. it is only 0 deg but hopefully it will warm up and a beautiful day will be coming.
Well time to get ready for work and chiro appointment at 11AM Have a great day ladies.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:37 AM   #193

Michelle - HERO INDEED! What an amazing story. So glad he and the dog were safe! You should be very proud. Not everyone would have done something like that so selfless, proud of him!!!!

Hope your adjustment goes well and that things warm up for you this weekend.

Jeanne - rain indeed. It is still super cloudy here. It did snow yesterday, but thankfully, no accumulation. CRAZY WEATHER!

I had a horrible horrible day yesterday. I was at my wits end and STRESSED! Work is pushing me to the max and I was ready to scream yesterday. My boss was out and that left huge burdens on me. Life isn't fair and sometimes things suck. OH WELL! Today is Friday and it WILL BE BETTER! If I keep saying it, it will happen, right? Did I mention my Boss is an A $$ at times??? He's male, so I guess that goes without saying. SUCH IS!

This weekend we are laid back and quiet at the house. T will be at his sleepover. Haven will be home and then tomorrow we will serve link (homeless lunch through our church). I will clean some tomorrow. Sunday should be easy too. Just softball and youth group...oh church and SS too! Have a great weekend girls. I should be able to check in!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-10.html
Old 05-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Monica I sure hope today is a better day! No, no need to hope. IT WILL BE a better day than yesterday!!!!!The power of positive thinking always works!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #195

Michelle, YOU are so right. Typically I follow that matra without hesitation. Yesterday just came and took a Big Ole Dump on me! Today HAS been much better. Touched base with Boss first thing, he did handle the major thing I told him about...that pleased me. Then an associate came back today after being gone for almost 5 years . He and I were talking and I was giving him a tour of our new work facility, when I stood up, he was like WOW Girl, you are SKINNY!!!!!! Then when we ran into Dennis, he looked and him and said, WOW you are BOTH Skinny!

Have to say it, sort of MADE my whole day! I had a big SMILE on my face after that.

Michelle, I think YOU willed it to happen! THanks girl! Chin up, not down, does not good leaving it down!!!!!!!!!!

3 more hours for me!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #196

For the record. At 5'8", large frame, broad shoulders, 10 size feet, SKINNY, I will never be. Doesn't mean I don't like to think it though!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
For the record. At 5'8", large frame, broad shoulders, 10 size feet, SKINNY, I will never be. Doesn't mean I don't like to think it though!
Wow we are like twins. Except I am 5'9" but everything else the same including the feet.

I'm super happy your day is better than yesterday.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #198

Michelle, I always knew we were twins !!!! I hope your adjustment today went well

Jeanne where are you????
Old 05-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Well this Saturday weigh in was better than lasts, but just back to where I was 2 weeks ago. Confusing I know, but it means an 8lb lost since we started April 1st. I'll take it and keep plugging for more.
The sun is shining, so today I am going to get some very dirty windows washed and walk a very deserving doggy and get a little shopping done. All without straining myself too much, I hope.

Monica, how was your day yesterday?

Jeanne, how was shopping with your mom?

I'll be back later ladies.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Michelle on the weigh in- 8lbs lost is 8 lbs lost-no matter when!

I had a busy day yesterday--lots accomplished--helped Mom with her housework-did errands-planted flowers, and then Bill and went out of town looking for seed and he wanted a new fishing pole--I found the seed, he didn't find the pole--we ate out-I caved again! I am weak! all in all a good--I am not beating myself up--I am just restarting again today! it was too good of a day for regrets!

Monica--glad you had a better day--I am sure you boss was having a bad day--you do more than is expected and he knows it! typical man issues!

Cold and rainy here today--bad day for working outside--good day for movies and snoozing--I hope to do both maybe? I should be more productive but??????
Old 05-06-2013, 05:54 AM   #201

Michelle - you should be thrilled with your numbers! You have been through so much lately. I am glad you seem to be moving in the direction you want! How was the weekend??? Cleaning? Walking? How did it go?

Jeanne - the KEY is to not beat yourself up! What good does that do anyway??? Watch any good movies???

We had a good weekend. Saturday we did our grocery shopping, served at LINK and then NOTHING! I caught up on TV shows and on House of Cards (Netflix original TV series). Yesterday was church/ss, softball and youth group. WE got it all in but didn't really see the sun. They say it is supposed to be sunny and warm today, but yet, I look out my window to NOTHING but clouds. Haven's softball yesterday was a muddy mess. They had to stay out in the outfield as the infield would have gotten all tore up!

T weighed in this morning and is down another 3 pounds. Total of 12 pounds gone! I am so happy/proud for him. I believe he would like to lose another 15 pounds and I will do whatever I can to help him. He is really doing great at logging and choices. It would be awesome if he started high school exactly where he is wanting to be! GO T!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Go T Go! He is doing fantastic. I don't know of any other young men who are so committed to their well being. He is a role model for other teens for sure.

Jeanne, you had fun and really that's what counts. Life is short.

I accomplished a lot this weekend. I cleaned the rain gutters, while Marcel raked. I cleaned out our shed, set up the patio, cleaned out the flower beds, and washed the exterior of all the windows. And I don't feel too worse for wear. So all in all a great weekend. It's off to work now and another treatment. Then I believe I'm heading home early to walk Ben and set up for eating dinner on the patio. Haven't done that since September of last year.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

you twins were busy--sounds like a good weekend for both of you!! so very proud of T!!! that young man is accomplishing his goals and I am so proud of him--it takes so much willpower--I should know!! tell him we are so proud! and to keep it going! we are celebrating each pound with him!!

Not weighing today--I know how bad it will be-I wasn't able to get back on plan--instead I just crammed more carbs in all weekend--like a mad woman--How stupid but that is what I do once I eat carbs--I go nuts! so I am restarting again today and hope I can once again try to get my head on straight! obviously I don't learn! and don't care enough! grrr!

Michelle--all that work outside sounds good--you are finally seeing some spring! so glad for you--we have rain forecast for 7 plus more days--it rained over 2 plus inches this weekend--not needed with all the flooding! can't bear to think of rain everyday for over a week more--so depressing!

I am doing laundry and catch up here--not much done this weekend with the man underfoot--lots to do today

later girls-have a great day
Old 05-07-2013, 05:30 AM   #204

Jeanne - is it still rainy there today? Sorry you were a "mad woman" this weekend. You know what to do to fix it. Get you some lc goodies made so that helps keep you focused and then, fogive yourself and move on.

Michelle - how was dinner on the patio? What did you have? You DID have a busy weekend. Sounds like you have the SPRING FEVER!!!!!! We cleaned house last night. I am a FREAK , I hate cleaning on a weekend. Now, that doesn't mean we never clean over a weekend, but I prefer to do it on a weeknight. T was UNimpressed with the idea. He muddled his way through what his chores were. Proclaiming the entire time, I See no reason to ever clean! SLOB!!!!!!!!!! H she deep cleaned her room organizing everything and cleaning it all! love her!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #205

Today H tours her middle school for next year and tonight is the informational parent meeting. *sigh* My babies are growing up!

It's a Tuesday , not near close enough to Friday! Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:17 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

yes-still scattered rain for the entire week --uggh--hate cloudy rainy--but no rainbows without rain!

had a good day back on plan-one day at a time--will be planning on planning better--that is my goal--I fail without a plan! of course having the goodies here for the hubs hurts me--he is such a sweet eater--I can forego the chips but the cookies and the donuts get me! I have to bake for myself if I want to succeed-you are right Monica!

glad your cleaning is done--I am always cleaning it seems just for the two of us--Bill works in dirt and mud and is not shy about bringing it indoors-I have never succeeded in getting him to leave his dirty boots outside in the garage-so it is a daily grind cleaning behind him! he was reared on a farm where they always came in like that--but his mother also had 5 daughters to help in the house!

cya later girls
Old 05-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

We had hamburgers on the patio and it was great. It will also be a beautiful day today too. Howvever come tomorrow it is back to normal temps. It will hover around 5 deg C or 40 deg F. Oh well I knew it was too nice to be true.

Monica, I love a good deep cleaning. I have no clutter lying around my house, but dusting is another story. Dusting and vacuuming are definitely not done often enough. But everything else I have a pretty good handle on.

Jeanne wtg on the day back on plan. I figure we just have to aim for more days on plan then off and the end result should be ok.

Today is a big day here in Winnipeg, our very first Target store is opeing up. I haven't been to a Target in 25 years. I wonder what it will be like? I don't think I'll try going today. It will be a madhouse in there.

Well off to work. Have a wonderful day friends.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #208

Michelle we have no clutter either (SWEAR we are TWINS) but dusting and floors are a struggle. Especially right now with Jessie blowing her coat! OH MY, you are getting a TARGET? That is awesome. Go once the crowds die down, you will LOVE IT!

Jeanne - my children know not to wear muddy shoes in the house. If they do, they have to go and sweep up all the mud/dirt. Maybe T's wife will thank me later???
Old 05-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

ok girls--you need to rub off on me--I am not a hoarder--but clutter is my middle name!! I wish I wasn't--I want to be a twin!!! but being neat and tidy is my goal--downsizing would be wonderful and getting rid of everything--it is mindboggling however! and the barn--that is truly like a hoarders barn! I am embarrassed by it--but I don't go there often.. I would love to be organized...

I just put a coconut pie in the toaster oven--that is my old faithful thing to have ready to eat so I can be prepared a little bit!

I taught my boys too--they both help out with the housework and they know how--Bill doesn't do anything in the house-never has--even when I have had surgery--I have had to muddle through somehow and do it--not and endearing quality for sure! it was how he was raised but that doesn't go very far when you are on the other end..
Old 05-08-2013, 05:35 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

good morning twins! I am hoping to mow between the rain! so headed outside in a bit! so will talk to you all later--have a good one!