Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb

part of the backyard landscaping that is blooming this week--Dolly almost made the pic

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-24-2013 at 02:00 PM..
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Lucas-dressed up with his tool belt and goggles-he loves tools
Old 04-25-2013, 05:40 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies--the sun is shining today--yippee-good to see after a couple of days of rain!

Michelle-how did the chiro visit go? Hope you are feeling better and more visits are planned to get you back to getting tuned up?

Monica-what is on your agenda this week? I need to mow but the ground is just too wet--a reprieve maybe--still cold too--warmer weather where are you?
Old 04-25-2013, 05:56 AM   #154
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - LOVE the pictures! LOVE THEM! Keep them coming. I still want a picture of YOU!!!!!!!!!! Sun is shining here too and high today in the 60's, by Sunday highs of 80's!!! It's FRIDAY - EVE! I did a quick REC of my bank ledger, found I had deducted $700 twice! I am feeling RICH Today! Love those kind of mistakes!

Today is hair cut/color for me and my other Spa appointment (waxing)! So I won't get home from work and appointments till almost 7:30. I have time between appointments I hope to run a few errands. Down day today. My tummy is growling, that needs to STOP!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:56 AM   #155

Jeanne - is your Aunt still in town? How's your MOM?
Old 04-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
$700 I would jump for joy. Have a blast Monica. Enjoy your ME day.

Jeanne I love all the pics. Enjoy the good weather coming your way.

We are suppose to have a nice weekend. A high of 18*. I can't wait. I will sit outside on my patio looking at all the snow melting.

No relief from chiro. I went but he just examined me and said come back Friday. NO adjustments. If he wasn't a customer of ours I think I would change Drs. I will try and be more forceful on Friday that he has to do something.

Well I'm hungry too. Time for breakfast. Talk to you later.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #157

Michelle - I don't know how it is in Canada, but I don't know of ANY chiropractors here that would have you come in for an appointment and just LOOK AT YOU. What they heck would you go in for it you didn't get an adjustment? If you wanted to be just LOOKED at, you would go to a regular DR! That is a load of crap. Customer or not, he won't know if you go somewhere else. BS on that girl, total B S !!!!!!!!!!!! Demand to be adjusted, it is WHY you are there!
Old 04-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

I agree totally--crapola~~ I would demand some treatment--you didn't go there to chat about the weather--how weird--demand treatment Michelle--he is getting paid for nothing! grrrr! makes me mad when people get sh**t upon! he is taking advantage of you!

Monica--I would be jumping for joy finding 700 dollars--I would be thinking of a way to enjoy it for sure! have fun with the pampering! yes-my aunt is still in town-they will be here for another 10 days I think-family stuff off and on still--my uncles's birthday party was last nite and a pizza party is planned for this weekend--they have been hunting mushrooms and finding them! Bill found a few yesterday-I haven't gone this year yet-and don't feel like it actually with my cold--hate summer colds!

Jeanne
Old 04-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #159

Jeanne - sorry you are still not feeling well. It can't be a summer cold, we haven't left winter yet, have we????
Old 04-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Haha-how very true-must be a winter/wish it was spring cold! whatever it is--makes me feel tired and chilly! I want to snuggle all day with a blankie! not a good thing when I have things that need doing! glad the weekend is coming and I can hopefully not do to much-the yard needs cutting but... maybe it can wait?
Old 04-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #161

Here is Haven today at school. It was WAX Museum project day. She is Betsy Ross. Lucky her, it is about an hour and she was the only 5th grader sitting! That dress is one I made back in my teen years at 4-H. I have 2 dresses I made and they are her "go to" OLD FASHIONED dresses! As if Betsey Ross would wear PURPLE!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #162

So I came into work late today. I went with her to school and took in a bunch of the projects. She was thrilled having me there....that won't last much longer.

I weighed in today, 171.2, dare I say I might hit my goal for July 4th???? NO WAY!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #163

OH I just looked, my goal is 166 by then.....well, I thought it was 169! Guess I'm not as close as I thought!
Old 04-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Haven looks so cute as Betsy Ross--never too old for dress up--never too old for having Mom around either I don't think? enjoy it ... so very cute and thanks for sharing with us.

Your goal is certainly most attainable--easy peasy! I have no doubt!

Cool weather here today-been mowing with a jacket-the rain held off long enough for me to get part of the mowing done-tomorrow I have some perennials I want to plant if the night time temps would stay warmer--dang those frosty nites!

Michelle--how are you feeling? did you make it back to the chiro today? sure hope you got some treatment this time if you did?

going to get a shower and into some warm jammies--feels like a early nite
Old 04-27-2013, 04:50 AM   #165

Jeanne - it's been rainy here since yesterday morning. Is this heading your way?

Michelle - how are you feeling ? Were you able to get an actual adjustment ?

We are at a 3 hour rain delay for softball. That goodness it happened BEFORE we headed there. I've been stuck at the fields before at a delay just watching it rain, NO FUN!!
Old 04-27-2013, 05:44 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Well Monica, I found the weight you lost and more. I gained 3 lbs this week. I don't know why. There were no cheats. Maybe a few too vegetables like peas, but that's about it. Maybe I'm just meant to not lose anymore.

I did not get an adjustment yesterday.Apparently I am too stiff, my muscles are too tight and it won't adjust. I don't know if I'm buying that. He put me on some machine, I forget its name. That suctions on to your problem area and generates vibrations or something to try and loosen the muscles. I'm back on Monday to try again. I was so sore when I got home yesterday that I was in bed by 7PM. I hope for a better day today.

Monica--- That Betsy Ross costume is fantastic and Haven can sure pull it off. She is getting more beautiful everyday.

Jeanne--- How are you feeling now? Is your cold better? How's the mowing going? It sould be another month here before any mowing can be done here. I hope this weekend Marcel goes out and spreads the remaining snow around to help the melt. It is suppose to be +15 today and tomorrow so that will go along way with the melt.

I'll be taking it pretty easy for the rest of this weekend. I'm hoping I can get a few walks in with Ben, but we'll see.

Talk to you later.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-at least he did something for you? I am thankful you did get on a machine and he is trying to loosen up your muscles? hopefully that works? sorry about the weight gain-must be water weight since you are on plan-it will come off as fast as it came on--I think stress does that also-cortisone will add weight when we are stressed--I am not really fat-just stressed!

glad you are taking it easy--that is the thing to do

I have lost my voice with this cold-sure Bill is thrilled--going to work outside planting a few flowers today and maybe work on the camper-it's time to think about getting it ready-looking forward to camping season-the big Memorial weekend is coming up--the campground is already full in the electric part--people reserve a year ahead but you can always get in the non-electric-with a generator we can survive there! so we are thinking about doing that and getting away already... hard to believe it is time to think about summer activities.

I still haven't baked anything lowcarb-but I have been having Breyers Ice cream at nite-thank goodness for that stuff-I don't feel complete without my dessert! but I need to bake something--maybe something with rhubarb since my rhubarb is now growing and I have some already in the freezer! it is bolting so I need to divide it--the red stalked plants I had planted last year died so I am going to replace those this year as soon as I find new ones-they make a nicer cobbler I think..all taste the same but I like the red color!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-27-2013 at 07:34 AM..
Old 04-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

I ended up making a rhubarb type of custard pie--I went with adding a 1/2 pkg of jello but it ended up overpowering the rhubarb taste--I will leave it out the next time I make it and just do the rhubarb plain--it is good but I want my rhubarb taste-I didn't get my flowers planted today-took and nap and stayed in my jammies all day-a quiet day all around for me--tomorrow will be more productive I hope!
Old 04-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

I wish I had a rhubarb planr. My mom had some when I was little. Back then I liked them straight out of the garden dipped in sugar. I wouldn't do that now, but your creations sound yummy Jeanne. I can't find anyone around here who sells them or who is willing to part with some of theirs.

Today it was so beautiful here....get ready....I was able to open a window!!!!!!!!!!! You don't know how exciting that is for me. They say we haven't been this warm since October 17th. hat is too long being cooped up. My back hurts quite a bit but I am revelling in the good weather despite that.

Well I want to plan my week long food menu now. I'll check in later.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

woohoo for the open window Michelle--I know that had to be thrilling--and here we sit with the heat on! it is supposed to warm up next week--I am waiting--planted my new perennials with the help of the hubby and transplanted a lot of phlox that needed to be thinned--hopefully it will grow and take root--it is so expensive but I love it on the walls and rocks!

Michelle--can you not order rhubarb from a catalog? or a seed place? I use Gurneys here in Indiana a lot--but if you can't find a way to get rhubarb plants --I will be glad to ship you some--just give me your address--I guess it will ship over the border? I know nothing about that kind of stuff but I can give it a whirl!

I am still coughing a lot and it woke me up early this morning--seems I am always left with a wicked cough when I get a cold--hopefully it will pass soon--I made Mom mad by not going to the family thing tonite-I didn't think I needed to be around a bunch of 80 year olds giving them my germs--she would agree to that on any other day but not when it doesn't fit her plans!

well--cya all tomorrow
Old 04-29-2013, 05:52 AM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
I hope this weekend Marcel goes out and spreads the remaining snow around to help the melt. It is suppose to be +15 today and tomorrow so that will go along way with the melt.
That is very interesting. I have never heard of doing that. It makes total sense, but in this area it is never really necessary!

I am so sorry you are still not doing well. I think you need to switch DR's. I know the suction/kneeding type machine you are referring to, but you should still have had an adjustment. THere are numerous techniques that can be done that will work even when you are stiff due to the pain. I hope you get some relief today!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 AM   #172

Michelle thrilled you were able to open the windows! It was nice here yesterday and today is supposed to be in the low 80's. I think Wednesday is supposed to be cold and rainy again. They have even mentioned flurries of snow!

Jeanne - sorry you are still coughing and such. NO FUN! My mom has been coughing since Easter and it is still lingering. Crazy woman won't go to the DR! HER CHOICE!

Our tournament ended up getting completely cancelled by 10:00 a.m. Saturday morning. We literally had the enitre day to do whatever. With the delay, Dennis and I had headed to the grocery store. After that we took Haven and went to Walmart, Kohl's and then Best Buy! Haven bought herself a "lap top." It is a low grade Acer computer that is really just an upgrade of her Itouch. It runs on apps and google Chrome. She LOVES IT! On the way home from shopping she called one of her friends and she came over at 1:30 and stayed the entire day. I barely saw the girls T had plans with Aimee so we took him there at 4:00. Dennis and I really did NOTHING . I started watching the Netflix series House of Cards (LOVE IT!) and then we took the girls out for dinner and a pedicure. It was fun. The down day ended up a bit high, but worth it. Since there were no games, we decided to drive to my parents house early Sunday and suprise them by showing up at their church. My sister was heading there at noon. We celebrated my Dad's birthday, grilled steaks and enjoyed the day!

AND NOW IT'S MONDAY................... such is, right?

T plans to go out today and buy himself a lap top. He liked Haven's little cheap Acer so much that he is going with a nicer fancier Acer touch screen model. He is thrilled about it. Hey, working at 14 has it's advantages!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:35 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like a great weekend for you Monica!! two laptops in the house will be fun for the kids! what did I ever do without mine? I am totally lost without it --hate to think of ever returning to a desktop! and I am sure I will feel the same about the iphone-will I ever return to a flip phone--nah!! I am still learning slowly but surely--just at a leisurely pace! and I enjoy it more that way!

Coughing must burn calories for sure--I lost 4 pounds--however that is in 2 weeks time since I didn't weigh last week for fear of gaining--maybe I didn't do too badly after all last week? I maybe should have weighed! anyway--I am hoping it sticks-when you are sick you never know? I am going to take it and hope for the best--I would be thrilled to be back into the 160s again--I remember last summer I was almost at goal-and here I am up so much again--and just happy to be down into the 160s--I guess I have no one to blame but me!!

needing to do laundry and figure out something to cook--the poor hubs has been neglected in the cooking dept while I have been sick--I need to make something good today!

later girls
Old 04-30-2013, 05:55 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Did T get his laptop? a multi laptop family has to be fun sharing all the new things they find how to use! Oh to learn all those new things! I love learning new techie things!

headed to the shower and then on to the outside to mow--I should probably do that backwards?

Michelle--how are you doing? missed you in here yesterday--hope that doesn't mean you are feeling worse?

our temps are supposed to be in the low 80s today--woohoo --have to love that-I could spend all day outside and enjoy-the housework could wait!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #175

T got his laptop and then messed with it so much he had it all locked up last night. He knows enough to be REALLY dangerous and then doesn't have the patience to FIX what he had done.

Enjoy the outside time! It was beautiful here yesterday and today but the WIND both days has been awful! Oh well, I am sure that is what has ushered in the warm air, so I guess we have to take the good with the bad.

Have a great Tuesday girls!

Michelle I hope you got some relief at the DR yesterday!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Ladies I just had a fantastic nights sleep. I had my treatment yesterday and he finally adjusted me. Unfortuneately I had to go to work right after and by mid afternoon I was so sore, I thought I had a hatchet between ny shoulder blades. SO when I got home I went to bed with an ice pak and woke up this morning at 8AM. What a great night sleep. I feel much better now. Finally!

It is raining and cold here for the next few days, but all the snow is GONE! So even the rain and 0 deg temps are not bringing me down. There may be clouds in the sky, but the sun is shining in my world right now!

I have to catch up on a few things here and I'll get back to you lovely ladies later. I know it was your thoughts and prayers that got me through this. I love you guys!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-does your iphone ever go black-the screen I mean--I can just barely see the icons in the background and I can see the screen is working but not enough to actually use the phone--it is too black-this is the second time it has happened--I can go to home and it doesn't make it come back-I have to totally turn the phone off and back on to get the screen back and working--makes me a worried camper that I have an issue! but not sure what to do about it? sure hope I don't have a bad phone-that would really be the pits!

Michelle-so glad you had a good nite's sleep--that means everything! and no snow-also a good sign that things are looking up!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #178

OH MICHELLE, that is GREAT NEWS! So glad you slept so well last night. Sleep, is the key often to feeling really great.

Jeanne, that is normal. It does happen from time to time. When it does, best thing it to hit the key at the top, let it shut the screen off and then click it back on.

Do you know how to close all the programs working in the back ground??
Old 04-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

well that is a relief to know--I figured it was like a computer and sometimes you had to reboot-but wasn't sure? I think the last time it went totally black and I couldn't see anything at all-but not sure about that--I was in panic mode at the time--this time I could barely see all the icons still there and I could still move around in the phone-just not well enough to see what I was doing--so I just shut it down and restarted and it came back--it was a relief--Bill's did that a day or so ago also--so I am thrilled we don't have bad phones or rejects from walmart through this straight talk program--we are liking them so well--Bill lost his contacts yesterday and finally played around enough to find or get them back--he accidently hit the right key to bring them all back! he thought straight talk deleted them but I still had mine! so I told him he had to have done something and he did! it is like the blind leading the blind--but every time we learn something else! thanks my friend for the ease of my mind
Old 04-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

This really has been a good day. After a great night sleep my DH gave me the day off to further rest and while I was sitting here resting, Sobeys (grocery chain here, don't know if you have that in the States)who was having a contest notified me that I have won a 10 pce Stainless Steel Lagostina Cookware set. This has been a very uplifting day, despite all the rain. I think I am going to wrap up this marvelous day with taking Marcel out for a well deserved dinner. I will be good and have a cobb salad with dressing I bring from home.