Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/190/180
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Good morning ladies. Thank you for your concern. I didn't sleep very well last night. I think I am worrying too much.I don't feel too bad, just a little headache, but I fear I could have a repeat of last year and I don't want that. I think if I could just think positively I would feel better and sleep better. But I have always been a glass half empty person. My car is fine, just a little dent in the bumper. I haven't seen my chiro yet, if I don't have to get this lady in trouble with her license and insurance company I don't want too. But if this headache persists, I'll have no choice.

Monica--- Congrats on the one year anniversary. I've always been meaning to ask...what do you use to count all your calories for up and down days? Is it a website? How has Dennis done on JUDDD over the year?

Jeanne---I LOVE FRIED MUSHROOMS! I just fry them in a little bit of butter, no flour, maybe some garlic, salt and pepper OMG they are so good on steak or hamburgers. And as a kid I would have spit them out. It's funny how your tastes change.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #122
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
MICHELLE- this LADIES insurance and licenses issues are just that HER ISSUES You worry first and foremost about YOU! Heck, I slept wrong last night and I can barely move my head. I have already been to the chiro and plan to be back there at 4:15. TAKE CARE OF YOU!

I use a livestrong app to count my calories, but they also have a website that you can easily track things on. Their date base of calories is HUGE, that is why I love it. Before I got a smart phone, I used the online version, which is free unless you want to upgrade.

Now, fried mushrooms with no flour, I LOVE THOSE! I eat about 2 packages of mushrooms a week on my own.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ourney-71.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/177.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Michelle-I am with Monica--don't worry about the other woman's insurance--take care of you!! see someone if that headache persists--you probably need to see the chiro just because you had the new injury!

Michelle--do you find morels up in your neck of the woods too? they are so different tasting than regular mushrooms! the only way to have them I think is to dust them with flour and deep fry!

Monica--is there any apps you recommend for the iphone? I put one in already and deleted it--I couldn't figure out how to work it! I read there are 500,000 apps for the iphone--OMG--How can you possibly know what is good or bad?

We are headed up to Nate's in Indy this weekend and taking him the snapper mower--it will be nice to get away for a little-I am looking forward to it-I have been out mowing today before the big storm comes-I don't think I can get done but still trying--later

Congrats on the anniversary on JUDDD--staying that close on weight is a win!!!

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-18-2013 at 11:53 AM..
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

I have heard of them (morels) but I have not seen them in my usual grocery store. Maybe some of the finer grocery stores would have them.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:02 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning girls--I am head shopping today with my friend the groomer-we are headed to Evansville-she will travel a half hour to me and then another hour to Evansville-so I looking forward to a good shopping trip-she is a better shopper than me--she can sniff out the bargains!

There are lots of schools on delays this morning from flooding--we really got clobbered with rain last nite plus winter is back! Dolly has her sweater back on!

Michelle--how are you feeling today? I am sure you are very sore? I hope your headache is better-I feel you need to see your chiro at least just to ease your mind. Morels are never in the grocery-they are never grown commercially--wish they were.

Monica-what's up for the weekend?
Old 04-19-2013, 05:36 AM   #126
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne - enjoy your shopping day today. Nothing better than a day out with a friend. Enjoy it. Stay safe. That is the rain we were supposed to get but went north of us. Flooding can be so dangerous.

Michelle - yes, how are you feeling today? Any change? Any stiffness?

This weekend for us is softball. Tonight we are home (thank goodness). Tomorrow Haven's games start at 8:00 a.m., she has to be there at 7:00 and it is 45 minutes from our house. YEP, on a Saturday we have to leave the house by 6:15. Guessing, we will probably get up at 5:00 a.m. to get things gathered. Thankfully her last game starts at 1:30 so whe should be home around 4:00 p.m. I am sure T will opt to stay home. Don't blame him there. Sunday for T and I will be church/ss. Haven will have more games in bracket play.

Monday is Dennis' birthday and I have reserved the local ceramics studio. We invited a bunch of people noting an Earth Day celebration. Dennis loves doing the ceramics and the glass stuff they have there. I will make a bunch of food and such for everyone attending. No one knows it is a birthday party as Dennis didn't want them to bring gifts. They will all find out once they get there! We are all looking forward to that. To boot, I told the boss Dennis and I would like to leave at 3:00 Monday. Shorter work day too! YEAH!
Old 04-19-2013, 05:36 AM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

The studio is only open to us Monday evening as Monday, they are typically closed!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:31 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Wow Monica that sounds great. What a fantastic party idea. How many years young will he be? Your life is so fascinating, I live vicariously through you. Have agreat weekend.

Jeanne enjoy your shopping trip and I hope you find lots of bargains. Keep safe from the flooding. Your state North Dakota has notified our province of Manitoba hat they are expecting severe flooding and whatever they get flows this way. So they are warning us of severe flooding when ever all this snow melts.

I still have a headache. I'm not sure my car insurance will pay for anything since it is the same injury as last year and they already paid for the max amount of doctor visits for that. So they may not cover me for this next accident. I can't afford to go to the chiro if they don't pay. I hope this just goes away soon.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #129
Big Yapper!!!!

Michelle, why don't you file it under the insurance of the person that HIT you? If you were rear ended, it's HER fault, not yours/

Not sure Fascinating describes my life. Dennis will be 44 on Monday. He has always wanted to do the melted glass stuff at this particular studio but the times they allow people to work on it have never worked with our schedule. So, if you book a private party, they let you do the glass and painting of the ceramics. I think we have around 15 people set to come. Should be fun!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Here in Manitoba it is the government that insures us. I think we are the only province that does this. So hers and mine is the same company.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #131
Big Yapper!!!!

but this is a separate injury. Are you saying if you broke your arm once, had another accident that they would not fix your arm again? It is 2 separate incidents, no reason you wouldn't be able to see a DR.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

The government only pays for so much treatment per incident. They paid me the maxium for last years injury. If they deem that this accident is just a re-occurrence of last years injury they won't pay for anything. If they say this is a brand new injury then they would cover it, but if they say it is just last years injury coming back I'll get nothing. I will get it checked out next week if it doesn't get better, we'll see.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

I think this has to be a total new injury Michelle-your car was re-hurt right! so were you! same difference! It is worth a try for sure! please get it checked out--headache and head injuries are nothing to sneeze at!

Had a great day shopping with my friend-went to a Chinese buffet for lunch! I blew it of course-

she drove and I picked the restaurant last time so she got to pick this time-I really haven't eaten anything since lunch so I am hoping that doesn't hurt me too terribly.

Tomorrow we are heading to Indy-and will be up there all weekend-looking forward to spending some time with Lucas and the whole family-Not sure how the diet will go there but I will do the best I can...

Sounds like a great birthday for Dennis--not sure what melted glass stuff is but it sounds neat-I am sure it is beautiful--any glass work stuff is fascinating to me!

have a great weekend girls and I will see you back on sunday nite I hope!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:48 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning girls--I hope you all had a great weekend--no body visited this weekend- so I hope that means you were busy like me? I hope you are feeling ok Michelle--how is the headache and did you see your chiro or the doc if necessary--I hope you rested all weekend and are feeling much improved? I thought about you and kept you in my prayers..

I am totally exhausted-I really don't know how Rachel will handle another baby--it is a good thing people have children when they are young! Lucas is a hand full! The kids went shopping Sunday and we enjoyed our private time with him-the house looked like a tornado hit it--so many toys and books and kid stuff-I know my kids didn't have all that stuff but kids today have everything and I am thrilled they are able to do it-but sometimes I wonder just how much stuff a two year old needs? they say her mother buys most of it? I sure don't! we can't afford to do that and wouldn't even if we could afford it!

I am not weighing in today-next Monday will have to do it--it wouldn't be pretty today-I didn't do terrible but I know I would be disappointed so I am just waiting!

going to have to mow again today-we have had so much rain-the flooding is terrible all around us-so the yard is a never ending battle! plus the house needs help-have to pick on or the other in the summer!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-22-2013 at 05:53 AM..
Old 04-22-2013, 06:02 AM   #135
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne - so glad you enjoyed the time with your Grandchild! I think it is very important for children to KNOW their grandparents! I make a point of telling my kids often how important family/grandparents are. I et he had a blast. When is Rachel due?? I forgot, do you know what they are having?

I did have a full weekend. Friday night we hung out and went to bed early. We thought we had a game at 8:00, thankfully I checked email before going to sleep and found it had been moved to 9:00 WOOHOO and extra hour! We were on the ball fields from 8:00 a.m. (have to get there an hour early to warm up) till 4:15! Then we came home, ate RIBS and played games with Haven. We went to bed early again because she DID play at 8:00 a.m. Sunday. I didn't go on Sunday as I teach Sunday School. Yesterday she was done early, so T and I shopped for the party tonight, then we all had lunch and went to see 42. I am so embarrassed by how WHITE people used to think. HATE IT TOTALLY! But we all loved the movie. Then we vegged, did laundry and prepped more for the party today.

Today we will order lunch in for Dennis' birthday. We will get off at 3:00 and will be at the party place by 5:45. I think in total there will be 20 people there. Nice crowd.

We are serving :

Manwich's
BBQ Smokies
Guac/chips
Cheese ball
veggie try
Fruit platter
chips
M&M's
Cupcakes (haven made all by herself she wouldn't let me do anything,,,,well except clean up)
There will be beer and wine for the adults and pop for the kids!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:02 AM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

We are all excited.

T weighed in again this morning. He is down a total of 9 pounds. I am so happy for him!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:03 AM   #137
Big Yapper!!!!

Michelle - how are you girl? Please come by and update us
Old 04-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Way to go T! He is doing great. How is he feeling about this loss?

Haven is my kind of girl. I love making cupcakes. I wish I had someone to do my dishes.

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Dennis from us! I hope you guys have a blast at the party and make some cool stuff. Pics will be in order.

Jeanne---Your weekend sounded great too. I agree with the amount of stuff kids have these days. I don't know why they need so much or how they can afford it. My neices and nephew have so much new technology stuff and it is all hundreds of dollars. If Marcel and I could have had children I'm affraid they would have been deprived. We cannot even afford our buddy plan flip phones never mind a smart phone for everyone in the family and every gaming system out there. I guess it was a blessing we couldn't have kids they would have been laughed at.

I still have a headache and my shoulders and neck are quite tender. I will try to muster the courage to call the insurnace place today and see. They always have a way of making you feel so bad for making a claim. I am stressed to the max. That is happening way too much lately. I needed a break last night and Marcel took me out to dinner. We went to a nice restaurant we usually go to when I want an upscale burger. I ate it and it didn't taste the same. It was good but different, so I asked what had changed and they now use FILLER (Bread crumbs and crushed crackers) with some brown sugar in the meat. AHHHHHHHHH! So I'm bloated and craving today and in mourning for a burger I use to love and will never be able to eat again. Wy did they have to mess with a good thing?

Oh well off to work. Talk to you later.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #139
Big Yapper!!!!

OH don't ask for Pics Michelle, you know I will post a TON upon request!!!!!!!!

CALL the insurance company!

that is total crap that they added filler to the burgers! Nothing upscale about a burger with sugar, bread crumbs and crackers in it!!!!! CRAP~ CHEAP is why they messed it up! That stinks girl!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Mow mow mow--nice day outside though-rain tomorrow-we don't need it-

Michelle-did you call yet?

Happy Birthday Dennis---Great Job T--that is sooooooo awesome! here he is doing it and I can't do it--I am so very proud of him! it takes big shoulders to handle that at his age! woohoo again!

Haven can make cupcakes anytime for me--but I can't handle having them around! Monica-you have super restraint! time to fix dinner--later girls
Old 04-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Well I called the insurance company today and it seems they will cover me. I called the chiro and I will be in to see him on Wednesday afternoon. So I'll just sit here with my ice pak and see if I can't get this headache to dull a bit.

It seems all your rain down there filling up the Mississippi is heading this way now. We are being advised that flooding is imminent. Our city is surrounded by a huge dike system, so we should be fine. But all the cities and towns around us could be in big trouble.

Well I want to rest my eyes so I will check in tomorrow and hopefully read all about the great b-day party!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:13 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-so so glad your insurance will cover you--I will be glad when you get seen and treatment started--how about your car now? also sorry about the rain and flooding affecting your area-it is truly sad here and now you will be dealing with it also-more rain today and tomorrow and again this weekend-last year we were dealing with drought and now flooding.

Monica--all those goodies sound delish--I could eat my weight in them! it will be a great party! anxious to hear about the glass melting.

made in back on plan yesterday-so hard to get back into gear-you would think I would be used to all the Mondays I have spent trying!

later girls
Old 04-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #143
Big Yapper!!!!

Michelle - He can't see you till tomorrow. That STINKS Michelle! I have been to the chiro 4 times since Thursday morning. I am lucky, mine is walk in only. He doesn't do appointments. I pray you get relief soon girl!

Jeanne - I think T was super BUMMED this a.m. that today is a Down day. I tried to just move over everything quickly, because I know that feeling. OH and the cupcakes, they were not GF at all, so I can't have them without getting really sick. She asked if I wanted her to make the kind I can eat and I said, NO WAY! That helps me out a BUNCH!

The party was great last night. 18 total people there. Food was almost perfect, not a TON to bring home. DH loved every minute of it. We did a Glass project (per his request) as a family. He wanted the word LOVE spelled out. I got the L (for the LOSER that I am), DD11 did the O, DS14 did the V and DH did the E. He can't wait to get them back now and hang them up. I will post pictures once we have done that!

Now for a down day. It is rainy, cold, high of 38* and they are calling for SNOW! Michelle, now for us on 04/23 is UNHEARD of ! CRAZY. I think we need to shoot Mother Nature!

That's just me, apparently, I should have stayed in bed today!

OH I forgot to mention, I was proud of how T handled the food last night too. I mean, there was a TON of high calorie stuff. He literally told me, I am so full, I just can't eat much! He filled up on the fruit and only had a few M&M's and had no cupcakes!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:51 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

good morning girls-I picked up a cold at Indy-I am sure it is from the baby-he is always sick and had been coughing--it is a small price to pay for the good visit!

Michelle-anxious to hear what the chiro thinks about your injury-I hope you feel better soon! how is the headache?

Monica-awesome about T doing so well during the party-I am sure I would have caved--he is simply fabulous! so very proud of him and his willpower! he will be seeing the fruits of his labor by summer no doubt! I am glad the party went well--18 people is a great crowd to feed-and have fun with! that would fill my house!

we are still getting rain here--still in flood warnings-thankfully our house is never close to a river-but sorry for those who are-wish the rain and cold temps would quit-down in the 30s are still going on and that remains too cold for this time of year-I can't plant anything yet!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:59 AM   #145
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne - sorry you are under the weather. How is your Mom doing? Is DH working full time again? I agree, SPRING needs to get in gear and show up! Thanks for the kind words, I think he already notice a small bit yesterday as he wore his jeans. I think they fit him more loosely already!

Yesterday was a good DD for me. I even made cookies and didn't cave. It is Admin Pro Day today. Our Parent group at T's school agreed each of us to make a dessert and send in to the 4 secretaries there. SO I made the oatmeal no bake cookies. Today is an up day and I allowed for 2 of them with my breakfast! Nothing beats eggs and oatmeal (COOKIES!)
Old 04-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Boy the weather sure is awful everywhere. At least I don' t feel like it's just up here anymore. My thoughts go out to all in the way od potential flooding.
Sorry to hear about your cold Jeanne. I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure if the weather would smarten up that would help too.

Monica-- That T is so strong willed. We are so proud.And you seem to be right on track too. Way to go. Cookies are always soooooo good. That is my weakness.

My appointment is at 3PM today and I an't wait. The headache is still there but not as bad. It's the hatchet I feel between my shoulder blades that is really bothering me. Hopefully by tonight some relief.

My eating has been pretty much on track, but still not down to 20g of carbs yet. I'll see how I feel by Saturday and see how weigh in goes and adjust accordingly (fingers crossed).

Have a great day ladies. Talk to you later.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Nate and Rachel's new home

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-24-2013 at 07:44 AM..
Old 04-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

trying to post more pics but they all come out rotated and I am just giving up trying to rotate them back--too much trouble-I rotate them on photobucket but they still come out rotated here--grrr

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-24-2013 at 07:50 AM..
Old 04-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

What a gorgeous house!

Jeanne you are doing way better than I would with that new technology.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #150
Big Yapper!!!!

Love the house Jeanne !!! That is way cute!

Sorry the rotation of the pics is frustrating you!

Michelle - I hope you get some relief today from the chiropractor. I wouldn't have been able to function last week if I couldn't have gone. I went twice on Thursday, once Friday and once on Monday! Feeling much better after all those adjustments!