Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/171.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
ah yes-I remember now! I knew it was the holiday but something a little different!

I have been outside pulling weeds-I will take me forever--too windy to PREEN-it should have been done a month ago-plus we have the devil stuff growing-too windy for Bill to spray for that for sure! that makes me nervous anyway-hate to lose all my landscaping!

Today is my oldest son's birthday-It makes me feel old the older he gets! I told him it was time for him to quit having them!

the sun is shining and its a beautiful day-going to be 57 and 70 tomorrow-I think Bill is going to put some wax on the motorhome. I need to clean up the inside of it and get is ready for camping-shouldn't be long before we camp. I love fall camping the best but we haven't done a whole lot of spring camping.

Jeanne
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

I didn't get too far on weeding so I will going back out there again today-I really want to get further and try to PREEN today--we are supposed to get five days of rain Monday thru Friday next week--then I want to put down some more landscape rock next weekend --it's always something to do in the yard here-we have way too much yard work--I wish we could cut back but no way in sight-I see my neighbors who have very little shrubbery and landscaping-and I think that is the way to go--it looks good here and I enjoy it when it's blooming and pretty but it is a whole lot of work!

I have to share a praise--Cassidy got the job at SCOOPS-the ice cream place I took her for the interview--they needed another girl so they hired her! I am so thrilled for her-this will be so good for her as far as learning goes-they had her washing dishes and just doing learning things--making waffle cones-measuring how much ice cream goes into bowls and cones--I told her I want her to find out if they have any low carb ice cream-they advertise a 8 cal ice cream but I want to know if it is low carb-sugar free doesn't mean lowcarb!

I printed out the Chicken Lady's carrot cake to bake-I am still planning on baking that today I hope-I have nothing baked and that is not a good place for me-I tend to sway to the bad side when that happens--so maybe I can get it made if I am not outside all day?
Old 04-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Jeanne--Make sure to take pictures when your yard is in bloom. I can't wait to see it. We are down to about 2 1/2 feet of snow. It's been melting pretty good lately. WTG Cassidy! You're right that a job does a lot of teaching you dont get otherwise and it really shows how grown they are!

Wel I did gain .6 of a lb this week. I know it is the almonds and that lc cheesecake. So I am going to try harder this week to not snack at night and NO dessert either. I think I am in the right mentallity to do it as long as nothing from life comes by to screw that up. Time will tell as usual.

Took Ben for a good walk yesterday, but the park is full of water, mud, and soft snow. He wanted to stay out forever but his feet were soaken and ice cold, so I stopped the fun and we went home. It was the first time I saw him so happy since Sadie passed. I wished I didn't have to be the ogre, but I didn't want him to get frost bite either. I've tried booties in the past but he hates them and gets them off right away. We are expecting snow today so I don't know if another walk is going to happen.

Well I hope everyone has a great Sunday. Later all.
michelle204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Good Monday morning--I lost .5 lb-but my profile was already on 175.5 but I was actually 176 last week when I started being good--so I am counting the .5 pound! not a good show by any means but I am feeling better so I am good with it! now to keep it going and work towards losing a pound a week... I never did get my baking done-I came in from the yard and took a long nap yesterday--must have needed it because I slept good last nite also--I lose a lot of sleep with sleepless nites so I think I was making up lost sleep.

Michelle-I can't imagine having snow still--just think spring and hold on--it will be there soon! look at summer pictures and think positive--taking walks with Ben is a good thing-I still haven't started doing that with Dolly and I need to--seems something else is always needing my attention!

heading back outside before the rain starts today!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

WTG on the 1/2 pound. We have to count all of those, because they will eventually all add up. As you have told me so many times down is down.

Well it snowed 5 cm last night (about 2"). I am about to cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm having trouble seeing the bright side to all of this.

I guess I just have to suck it up and think it could be worse, right?

I have to get ready for work, but I'll be by a little later.

I guess it is just the three of us again???? Is it something I say?????
I'm happy with the three musketeers, don't get me wrong.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #96
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - way to go Cassidy! That is great. First job is something she will never forget. I am sure your yard work is a lot. Think of how great it will look. Dennis did some yard work last weekend. I think she did weed/feed???

Michelle - sorry about the snow. I can't even wrap my head around it. Have you all ever considered moving? not sure that is even an option. Just a thought. Will you be visiting your brother again? I LOVE NYC! I have a friend whose son is going to go to college in NYC starting in AUgust. SHe and I have already discussed going out to visit him!

Friday night our family had movie / pizza night. It was fun. We watched 50 first dates. I had seen it many years ago, but the kids hadn't! WE all laughed a lot. Very funny movie. Saturday was 3 softball games and the concert. Haven did great at softball! She pitched 1 game Saturday and her pitching numbers were the best out of the 3 pitchers! It's actually fun watching her now. In the beginning, it was BRUTAL! After softball we headed to the Bon Jovi concert. It was great. I don't think T was very impressed, there were a TON of 40-something women there! We were all reliving our Teen years! So not what a 14 year old wants to do! But I thought it was great. Haven had fun too as did my Sister. Sunday was church/SS for T and I and Dennis/Haven did softball. Haven pitched another great game and had 2 hits that went out into the outfield! She was very pumped coming home telling me all about it.

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #97

Michelle, we must smell!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #98

OH I almost forgot....T is doing GREAT on JUDDD! He is already down 5 pounds. He counts every bite of everything. He is trying so hard. I told him Saturday, just think, couple more weeks, you could be down another 10 pounds. HE is super motivated to get under 200 pounds!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go Tristan. We knew he could do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Tell him we are so proud of him.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Also way to go Haven!!!!!!!!!!! She is going to be a professional ball player someday. Do they even have that for women???? Well maybe Haven will be the first and we can say we knew her when!!!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

We don't smell--they just don't do challenges -you know how easy it is to fall away from the woe and fail--it is not us--how could it be!! they just weren't in their groove yet!

WTG for T!!! I am so happy for him--that is so awesome--give him a hug from his cyber Aunties!! I am thrilled for him that he is having success--it has to be doubly hard for a teenager with all the peers eating junk! I am so impressed with his commitment! one fine young man there! woohoo to Haven too--pitching is hard!! and hard to watch--I think! she is doing well this year!

I am inside to watch the noon news to see where the rain is-plus grabbing a bite of lunch-I am still on the south side of the front porch steps--once that side gets done-its always the worse-then I will feel better! if I get that much done today I will feel relief-somewhat--I have had several 5 gallon buckets of weeds already pulled out of there--squashed down hard 5 gallon buckets!

hang in there Michelle--I guarantee spring in on the way!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-15-2013 at 10:46 AM..
Old 04-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Also way to go Haven!!!!!!!!!!! She is going to be a professional ball player someday. Do they even have that for women???? Well maybe Haven will be the first and we can say we knew her when!!!!!
NO they don't. Heck, even college women's sports aren't viewed as much! SAD
Old 04-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #103

Thanks for your kind words! I really hope T continues to do well.

Jeanne - keep on pulling girl! I am sure the efforts will be worthwhile!

Michelle - how's work going this week so far?
Old 04-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post

Today is my oldest son's birthday-It makes me feel old the older he gets! I told him it was time for him to quit having them!
I meant to say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HIM! Did you all do anything to celebrate? or is he the one out of town?
Old 04-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning my friends---just watching the craziness happening to our country--we certainly need to find a way to stop the insanity...so sad to see..heart breaking to watch and hear the stories.

I have a few errands to run today--if I get out at all--I certainly don't want to! I want to stay inside and just sleep-I didn't get much sleep last nite-one of those nites-couldn't turn it off!

have a great day ladies-back later
Old 04-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #106

It is horrific isn't it Jeanne. That poor 8 year old boy and his family. What a tragic horrible story! Sorry you didn't sleep well.
I was out and 4:45 a.m. came way too early in the morning for me!

It's Tuesday and it is COLD and WET Again! I think we are supposed to get almost 4 inches of rain tomorrow...so much they are already discussing flooding issues. Flooding actually kills more people than any other natural disaster! SCARY!

Hope everyone is good today. My DD yesterday was good. 600c and today is shaping up. We are planning better since T is following along with us. He is super motivated and as long as that continues I want to be prepared to help him! We even have dinner already made for tonight. Non Chili Chili and we all LOVE that!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

just a fast checkin--running Mom to the doctor-she hasn't been feeling well-diarrhea and now maybe a kidney infection with swelling of her feet--time to check it out for sure-she will be seen by the nurse practioner this afternoon so I will check in later tonite probably
Old 04-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #108

Please let us know what you find out!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Mom has a bladder infection-just what I figured-so she is on an antibiotic and hopefully she will get to feeling better soon--I think her diarrhea is stress due to her sister arriving today from Texas for 2 weeks--she has been worried about it and I think that has upset her nervous colon--I think it will all calm down when she calms down-she has flare ups when the nerves flare-I could tell the other day her nerves were shot just the way she was talking--she is a nervous nelly! I get that way sometimes myself! I think mine manifests itself in sleeplessness! anyway--Thanks so much for asking about her...

Tomorrow is Dolly's grooming appt-I will be glad to get that done-she looks rough! talk later-
Old 04-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry to hear about your mom Jeanne. I hope the antibiotics kick in fast and start helping. I understand about the nervous colon thing. Marcel suffers from that immensely. The poor thing doesn't handle stress well at all.
I'm sure Dolly is going to be gorgeous after her day at the beauty salon. You'll have to post pics now that you're so into that stuff now.

Monica--It sounds like the family that JUDDDS succeeds together. All you guys are going to do great with that kind of support and dedication in one household. What does Haven think of all this? How's your weather now?

It was Ben's 7th BDAY today. We went for a good walk. We went to the pet store and he picked out a new squeaky lamb as a present. Then I made him a hambuger for supper.He only ate a 1/4 of it and left the rest. ( He hasn't eaten too much since Sadie died.)Then I made him vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting. He ate 1/2 of one mini cupcake. Even though he didn't eat much I still felt he had a great birthday becasue I tried. Now he is curled up by my side while I write you. I just love that little guy.

Well the weather here is suppose to smarten up over the next few days. I actually see a two foot patch of grass out there. There is now hope.

I'm still eating well. I don't know if I'm done to 20 carbs though. But I refuse to beat myself up over it now. Life is too short and fragile as the Boston thing has has reminded us of once again. My heart and prayers to the victims and families.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:11 AM   #111

Jeanne - glad it isn't too serious for your MOM. Is her sister staying with her? Does she get around well? What would the two of them do together????

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle, I agree. Life IS too short and precious! You are doing great, keep it up! YOU CAN SEE GRASS??? That's an improvement!

All is well here, rain today. They are calling for 2-4 inches in less than 5 hours. Hoping that flash flooding won't be an issue!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

getting ready to leave to take Dolly for her grooming-got a couple of loads of laundry washed-not put away -one still in the dryer-so not really done! will finish when I get back-have to travel half an hour both ways-so it takes a while-plus grooming time during which we chat away!

Mom is already feeling better--her feet are still swollen-that will take awhile--her sister is staying with their brother-they usually stay there--they will get together everyday while she is here-and they will do lots of different things-mostly eating functions-I try to avoid those if I can!

Happy birthday Ben--he must not be like Dolly--she would have been all over that hamburger and cupcake treat-nothing left--that is why she is a chubby! she wouldn't be half as fat as she is now if she wasn't so afraid the cat was going to eat her food-if he gets close to her bowl she runs and starts eating so he can't --he has no desire to eat it but she thinks he does! talk about selfish! or is that greedy?

That's a lot of rain--should bring up the mushrooms! I haven't gone yet this year-but may go hunting this weekend if we don't go to Indy! I am thinking we need to go instead of them coming here--still thinking

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-17-2013 at 09:57 AM..
Old 04-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #113

You country folk and your mushroom hunting. My coworker talks about it too. I have never done that. I love all kinds of mushrooms, not sure I would enjoy hunting them!

My dog is funny, she would probably eat the hamburger, but who knows. She is picky. We typically do not ever feed her people food. Maybe that is why she is so hesitant?
Old 04-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Are you calling me a redneck!! watch it woman--hahaha--too funny--you have never eaten a mushroom until you have eaten a fried morel!! truly--I have always gone off my diet during mushroom season-nothing keeps me from eating mushrooms! they actually are sold for up to 80 dollars a pound around here--there is no way I would ever pay that or even close-crazy people! I just enjoy getting out in good weather and hunting them-I like a cooler day-not hot-and no bugs or snakes! I am a picky hunter-no ticks either--I spray down before heading into the woods!

Bill started Dolly with the people food--he is the one that needs breaking of the habit!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Ah ladies! Just when I thought things were looking up, I got rear ended again. A year after getting rear ended last year. Do peolple not pay attention to brake lights? I was finally feeling better. I hope this does not manifest itself into something like last year. I do not need that. I am off to bed to rest. I'll check in a little later.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne--How's your mom?
Old 04-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no Michelle--are you OK? are you hurt? did you seek medical attention? I can't believe this happened again either--you poor thing--I am sure this will bring back some issues with your neck again--I hope you aren't hurt seriously...see a doctor or the chiro right away..

I am just shaking my head--take care of yourself and let us know how you are tomorrow
Old 04-18-2013, 05:48 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-how are you feeling this morning? I can't imagine! hopefully you are home and not attempting to work? I have never been in an accident thankfully but I know several people who have and the soreness is allover..and with you prior neck issues-I fear for further damage-please let us know how you are doing and if you saw the doctor.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #119

Michelle - are you ok?? Car??? You do need to take care of yourself. Did you see a DR? Your Chiropractor? Be careful girl and get checked out if needed.

Jeanne - I would never call you a redneck. I am just ALL CITY and you are ALL COUNTRY! I believe that $80 is what my coworker said people pay a bag for the mushrooms here too. I have not ever had them. If they are only good fried, I probably never would since I can't have the flour and such.

It's 1 year anniversary for DH and I on JUDDD. I am up basically 3 pounds from my LOW that I was able to be at a while. I did briefly see 166, for like a day or 2, that is all! I will get to my goal of 164. It may take 2 years, but I will get there!

I am hosting my new book club's event tonight. I have tons of veggies, hummus, chips/crackers, cheese, fruit with dip. I am thinking of making some bean dip. Anyone have a good recipe for that??? Also serving wine and bud light. We are reading Bossy Pants by Tina Fey. Funny, but not my normal type of book to read.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #120

Jeanne - is your Mom enjoying the visit with her Sister?