Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 06:46 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Yesterday was in the 70's, today in the 70's, tonight big storm hitting overnight. STrong winds and potential hail issues. Tomorrow highs in 50's and cold rain possible snow as the temps are supposed to drop during the day. Thursday, high in the 40's!

As we state in KS, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute or 2, it WILL change!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #62

Yesterday was a perfect Up Day! Right in line, hoping for a nice and easy DD!

Michelle - I hope your weather improves soon. I love the cold and snow, but that would drive me INSANE!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/172 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Too funny Monica--same saying in Indiana--hahaha-

My blood sugar is 99! finally under 100 for the first time in over a week--woohoo-now to get it back into the 80s-I was scared when it was 132! diabetes range! shocked me into action! glad something did!
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Well enjoy your nice weather down there and think of me when you are walking outside and taking a deep breath in through your open windows. Wish I was there.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Great news Jeanne!!!!!!!!! Keep it up! It's too bad we always need a scare to get us to do something.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #66

Nice weather is gone. Strong storms came through at 3:15 a.m. this morning. WOKE me and KEPT me awake! We got 3/4 inch of rain and now it is cloudy, wet and COLD! I think the high today is to be 43* and that was earlier this morning! OH WELL! I think it is supposed to be 65 by SUnday. I sure hope it is, H has a softball tournament this weekend. 40* all day would be CHILLY!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #67

Yesterday's DD was a bit on the high side. T has now asked to start JUDDD. his DD's will be 1000c and up day 2000c. I sure hope it goes well. He could sure stand to lose a good 40 pounds. If he tries at all, being a teen and MALE, the weight should come off easily! I hate he has to even think about it, but REALITY is that he does!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-I think it is awesome about T wanting to do JUDDD--and you helping him in his journey--I hope he does well--hope you both have your up and down days together!

I have been out mowing--and it begins! the mowing season! yesterday I made a wreath-found one on pinterest I had seen and picked up tulips at Dollar Tree so I figured it was time to make before the season was over! Now Mom wants one! they sure don't make grapevines like they used to--they aren't full and tight like before! would share but haven't had my inservice yet-lol!

well-just came in for a quick bite--later girls

Jeanne
Old 04-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Monica---I'm know you and T are going to do great at JUDDD. Like you said it is too bad at his age he worries about that. But maybe this will correct his eating habits for life and he won't have to worry about it for the rest of his life like us.
Jeanne --- I should follow you on pinterest. I love that sight and have pinned lots of stuff. How did all your mowing go? I shovelled a bit of snow today. Not quite the same.
I made the crust from your cheesecake recipe. It was great. I used it with a regular plain cheesecake though. Marcel hates lemon. But this is so good I'm not sure ';ll share with him.LOL
I'm still eating on plan and have gone for small walks with Ben. Maybe I'll be good for the whole week. Fingers crossed.

Well time for dinner. See ya later.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning girls--I was beat last night after mowing all day--had to stop and pick up a pick up load of stick and tree limbs from the yard so I could finish the mowing--that always does my back in! but it is done-my legs were so swollen last nite! Today I get a hair cut later so not much accomplished today--always hate going mid-day--but it seems that is always when my appt is--tonite we are going to the REMC meeting--the rural electric-they will serve hot dogs and sausages--woohoo!! I will try to eat one without a bun-I better remember to take a fork! we always try to go simply because they have good prizes--we have never won a thing! way too many people go but our chances are as good as any! plus we get a 10 dollar credit on our bill! and I don't have to cook!! that alone works for me!!!

Michelle--wtg on staying on plan!! I am proud of you!! this time is our time--spring and summer are coming for you--hang in there!

Monica--how is T doing with his start with JUDDD? Tell him we are all pulling for him to win!

time to grab some more coffee--have a great day ladies
Old 04-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #71

Michelle - still shoveling! That stinks girl! Way to stay on plan. The cheesecake sounds amazing! Thanks for the kind words about T! Yesterday was an up day, so the world was great. Today's a DD, so he was a bit bummed this morning when we discussed his possible food options. I don't blame him, it still bums me on DD's!

Jeanne - thanks for the words on T. Sounds like your wreath is amazing!

For posting pictures:

Email the pic from your phone to your computer email. Then save the pic on your computer where you can go back and pull it. You have to use a photo hosting site. I use Photo bucket. Set yourself up on that and then upload the picture there. Once you have that all done, let me know then I will walk you through how to pull it from that site to this one.

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #72

Yesterday was a good food day. We didn't end up eating lunch until 2:30. We actually picked up something as I am about OD'd on anything it is we bring in! It was raining ALL DAY! Dennis and I were slammed at work and then I realized T gets out of school at 1:30 and walks to work. Well, he is getting over a cold and to walk for 30+ minutes in the cold RAIN, not wise. So then, I decided to pick him up....by the time Dennis and I made that decision it was 12:30 and too late for Dennis to go get lunch. SO< I got T and then got us lunch. Got back at 2:20! It worked great. It was mexican and YUMMY ! I was still full at dinner, so we skipped. The kids ate. Then we got FROYO and I still had calories to spare!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #73

Today's a DD, I have a plan, hoping I can stick with it! NO, not hoping I WILL stick with it!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-11-2013 at 07:59 AM..
Old 04-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Old 04-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

sorry for the big pics girls--I will try to resize when I get all this figured out--I need to know what size I should pick?
Old 04-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

I had one pic that went to the picture area of my computer when I tried to save it--then I had all my other pictures that ended up being downloaded into another area--not a picture area--some download area--I almost never found those--I found a lot of other things there that I had been wondering where they went-lol--I don't do computers well--I really want all my pictures to go to the picture area and not the download area-but I don't know how to change and make it do that--I didn't change anything when I sent the emails I don't think? they just showed up differently--the one where I could download it to the picture area showed up with the actual picture but the others you couldn't see the picture-it just said to download to zip I believe and you had to download and then open to see what the picture was? am I making any sense? a computer in my hands is a dangerous thing-lol!

I think I have it figured out--I think I resized the first picture that went to my picture area--I let all the others stay big and they must have been too big and had to be a download? I am just guessing here? I have no clue-but anyway-if I make pictures smaller--I don't remember what I did or what size I made the one picture-I had so much trouble with it--the door picture-it came out rotated and I had to rotate and even that didn't work-so I had to do it several times before I finally got a picture right side up-lol! I didn't want you looking upside down at my door!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-11-2013 at 08:28 AM..
Old 04-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

what is FROYO?
Old 04-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #79

FROYO is Frozen yogurt (so ice cream)

Jeanne when you click on the pictures in your email, you should have the option of renaming the file and pointing the browser to where you want the pictures. Does that make sense?
Old 04-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #80

I love your wreath !!! That is super cute and oh so springy!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #81

Now, where's a picture of YOU????
Old 04-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne that wreath is beautiful and your front door is gorgeous. You have such wonderful taste.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Well it's Friday! I don't know why that excites me so...I have nothing to do this weekend. But it's still nice. I was feeling a little blah last night so I ended up snacking on way too many almonds, but nothing else. So I hope that doesn't do me in, but whatever.
I did our taxes yesterday. I'm glad thats over with. We are getting a refund as usual. That's the one good thing about not making much money...the gov't gives back what it took. That should help with property taxes and car insurance.
Tonight for dinner is portabella pizzas???? I've never tried them, but that's what I've been all about lately. Trying new things. I am going thru the book I made of recipes I've found and trying something new every other day. So far I haven't found anything I really like. I am throwing out alot of recipes I thought looked so good. Hopefully tonight isn't one of those nights.
Have a great day ladies, I'm off to work.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:33 AM   #84

Michelle -We are having pizza tonight too! Friday and pizza just goes hand in hand! Enjoy your FRIDAY! The weekend is always good, plans or not!

Jeanne - where are you girl??

Tonight we are doing pizza and I am thinking of renting 50 First Dates. We were all talking about it last night and I think the kids would like it. It is PG13, I can't remember any parts that would be horrible for Haven to see.
Tomorrow we have 3 softball games and then our entire family is going to the Bon Jovi concert. Originally, it was just T and I going with my sister/BIL, then I won 4 more tickets. SInce Haven's games will be done, we are all going!
Sunday Dennis and H will finish up softball while T and I go to church/SS and then CLEAN HOUSE! OH T will be thrilled!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Hey-I am here--just had a busy day yesterday-the man was sent home once again--happening way too often--but we went to the scrap yard-woohoo--I ended up with an extra 600 dollars to apply towards my sectional--not sure I have shared about that-we have an old sofa--30 plus years old-so I have wanted a sectional for a long time-and the one I want is 2300 on sale!! it's the one my sil has-she bought it after my brother passed-I fell in love with it--but Bill hasn't seen it-and I have only once-anyway-he saves stuff out of houses they demo-if he can-copper and all kind of stuff-so last year he took a bunch of stuff to the scrap yard and ended up giving me 900 plus towards my new sectional-then he gave me his Christmas bonus-and I have been adding a little here and there-I sold a desk to his boss for 65 etc--so I am getting close-we need to go see it and sit in it and really try it out together-I have a recliner I hate right now-I just want something that fits me! so we scrapped yesterday in the rain--I am amazed what a little metal brings-we had an old sink and a radiator-just junk plus that copper! then last nite we went to that rural electric meeting--didn't win a thing again!! sat on bleachers for 3 hours! uggg! I had 2 sausages without the bun and a bottle of water for dinner!

My blood sugar has been up the last two days--115 yesterday and 123 today-I am really irked-I am in ketosis so I haven't slipped out with something so I know I haven't eaten something accidentally? I am puzzled and not sure what is going on-it should be headed way down?

Going to pick up our taxes today--got the message last nite while we were gone-don't know if we owe or not? we don't have any deducts really-so ?

Got the antique plates today in the mail--they are perfect and match exactly-no crazing or wear--I am totally pleased!! that is a relief-have told Mom and I am sure she is relieved also! I thought the markings on the back were going to be different-but they match also--I am a happy woman!

It is back into the 30s here today-I was going to pull weeds-our yard has something taking over--I have got to get it into control-we bought some 2-4-D--I hope we don't kill everything we like instead of the weeds with that stuff but whatever we have is Devil stuff!

Michelle--please share any recipes that you try that are good-I love trying new things!

Monica--sounds like a good weekend for you--I think Starz has a free weekend this week-I will be watching movies late nite for sure!

Monica-when I click on the pictures-it doesn't ask me where to send the pics? hmmm? someday girlie if we ever meet--I will be picking your brain!! lol for a whole lot of things! I love my phone tho-I was reading my mail during the boring meeting-just like all the young people-except they were doing all the texting with their thumbs-I haven't done that thumb stuff yet!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-12-2013 at 08:33 AM..
Old 04-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #86

Jeanne - maybe it is the parts is parts issue with the sausages? Maybe the filler inside didn't help your blood sugar??? LOOK at you reading on your phone during a boring meeting! YOU GO GIRL! When I had to use the Arc training when my foot was injured, I used my thumb to type. I haven't done that since then! I always use my finger!

Scrap Metal is insane $$ lately. Makes for easy target for theives if they can snag it on the outside of the house and such. SO glad it actually worked to your advantage. Hopefully DH's work picks up soon!

Thrilled the plates came in and match perfectly! WIN!

WE are actually getting $$ back this year. THAT NEVER HAPPENS! EVER! Thrilled!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

we are almost getting enough back to pay for our spring property taxes--minus what it cost us to have our taxes prepared!! but I am happy to be getting back anything and I always hope to have the property taxes paid from the tax return so I am good with it!!

Sounds like we all are getting money back--yippee!!

Monica--did you hear about the sale with Carnival--38 dollars a night?? sounds like a bargain-it was on the news yesterday!

time to get busy-I tried to talk my friend into having lunch-but they are having a pitch in due to the last tax day--I know they are beat!

later girls
Old 04-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #88

Well, we looked into Carinval and they were not offering any give away specials for when we were cruising, so we went with Royal Caribean!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

when is it you are cruising again-is it over the holidays again? my memory you know! I have heard the Royal is really nice and a little more royal the carnival--hope you find that to be true!!! I always figured I would go with something less party like than carnival-but I would go with whatever was a good value --that would sway my vote!

I am headed outside to pull a few weeds and burn some trash--living in the country allows us to do that still--but eventually we still have to take it to the dump and pay!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #90

We travel over New Years this time